PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Patrick Peterson...

Mr_Tomahawk
10-14-2018, 09:33 PM
....we need him.

TLO
10-14-2018, 09:35 PM
YES! Can he also play linebacker?

carcosa
10-14-2018, 09:36 PM
Yes

TribalElder
10-14-2018, 09:38 PM
doesn't he cost too much

jaa1025
10-14-2018, 09:39 PM
We need a dc...

Sofa King
10-14-2018, 09:40 PM
I’m laughing thinking about how defense is half our ****ing cap right now

DenverChief
10-14-2018, 09:40 PM
Swing a deal for Petersen and Buchanan? Oh yeah Reddick too

Bump
10-14-2018, 09:41 PM
It certainly wouldn't hurt. If he can prevent one drive a game from scoring, it's worth it. I wouldn't give up a first, but I'd sure as shit do a 2nd. We're going to have one of the last picks and so will the Rams.

Three7s
10-14-2018, 09:47 PM
Patrick Peterson isn't going to help our horrific LBs cover RBs out of the backfield.

htismaqe
10-14-2018, 09:48 PM
I’m laughing thinking about how defense is half our ****ing cap right now

80% of that wasn't even on the field, too.

BossChief
10-14-2018, 09:50 PM
We get Peterson and get Berry back, this defense is going to be a lot better right away.

RippedmyFlesh
10-14-2018, 09:51 PM
It certainly wouldn't hurt. If he can prevent one drive a game from scoring, it's worth it. I wouldn't give up a first, but I'd sure as shit do a 2nd. We're going to have one of the last picks and so will the Rams.

Id give them a 1st. He is 28 and a great corner. How much better are you going to do with the 1st rounder?

Don Corlemahomes
10-14-2018, 09:53 PM
Need LBs that can cover. Bad.

Titty Meat
10-14-2018, 10:08 PM
For what you'll be paying him you would have to pay Nelson and Scandrick next year since both are free agents. Make the trade let those guys walk sign a veteran for cheap and see if Smith is ready.

New World Order
10-14-2018, 10:08 PM
I'll be absolutely shocked if they don't make a move after this game.

Cosmos
10-14-2018, 10:11 PM

Did O’Daniel even dress???

KChiefs1
10-14-2018, 10:13 PM
Make the trade.

Rain Man
10-14-2018, 10:16 PM
Any defender would help, but cornerback is our least pressing need. We need.

1. Stop playing two-DL sets on anything other than (maybe) third and long.
2. A pass rusher. Any pass rusher. I miss having Justin Houston and wonder whatever happened to him.
3. An inside linebacker who's not useless. I miss Derrick Johnson.
4. A safety who's not afraid to tackle. I watched Ron Parker completely pull a Marcus Peters on a play tonight.

DJ's left nut
10-14-2018, 10:17 PM
Wouldn't have made a difference today.

Safeties and ILBs are just murdering this team. And frankly, the down lineman were getting wrecked as well but in odd fronts, that's to be expected. Unfortunately, the run fits and general desire from the ILBs give them no help.

Hitchens, Ragland and Parker are killing us. And the 3rd safety is shite when he's on the field as well but that's an injury issue more than anything.

The CBs weren't the problem today and actually played pretty well again, IMO. The worst one was Fuller and it's not like hes gonna get benched.

Gotta fix the middle...

O.city
10-14-2018, 10:18 PM

Safeties and ILBs are just murdering this team. And frankly, the down lineman were getting wrecked as well but in odd fronts, that's to be expected. Unfortunately, the run fits and general desire from the ILBs give them no help.

Hitchens, Ragland and Parker are killing us. And the 3rd safety is shite when he's on the field as well but that's an injury issue more than anything.

The CBs weren't the problem today and actually played pretty well again, IMO. The worst one was Fuller and it's not like hes gonna get benched.

Gotta fix the middle...
Yeah but fuck, how?

Unless there’s a 3 down do it al ILB out there to be had

Titty Meat
10-14-2018, 10:18 PM
You get Peterson take away half the field funnel shit to the middle Berry cleans up some of that

O.city
10-14-2018, 10:19 PM
Berry isn’t gonna play

I’d forget about that

htismaqe
10-14-2018, 10:19 PM

Dorian O'Daniel = fail

Randallflagg
10-14-2018, 10:20 PM
Berry isn’t gonna play

I’d forget about that

Unfortunately, I agree. He’s done....

TribalElder
10-14-2018, 10:20 PM
Berry isn’t gonna play

I’d forget about that

this, I don't think he plays

Titty Meat
10-14-2018, 10:21 PM
Berry isn’t gonna play

I’d forget about that

He'll be back around the end of November if I was a betting man.

DJ's left nut
10-14-2018, 10:24 PM
Yeah but fuck, how?

Unless there’s a 3 down do it al ILB out there to be had

My honest answer?

You fix the problem with the defense today by not leaving 11 points on the board in the 1st half through unforced errrors on offense.

I know its chickenshit but this team was NEVER designed to win with its D. Its supposed to win on offense and for half the game it looked like shit.

Dont get me wrong - that's not a tenable long-term solution. But there's no panacea that's going to fix this defense this season. So you're going to have to win with what you have.

I'm floored by how completely ineffective Hitchens and Ragland are. They're just awful.

4-3, man. Quit asking as much of those guys as we are because they clearly arent up for it.

Hammock Parties
If you get Peterson and move Fuller to nickel and Scandrick to safety the defense starts to look a whole lot better.

carcosa
doesn't he cost too much

No

New World Order
10-14-2018, 10:25 PM
Peterson, Bethea and Buchanon for third down situations

Make the deal.

O.city
10-14-2018, 10:25 PM
My honest answer?

You fix the problem with the defense today by not leaving 11 points on the board in the 1st half through unforced errrors on offense.

I know its chickenshit but this team was NEVER designed to win with its D. Its supposed to win on offense and for half the game it looked like shit.

Dont get me wrong - that's not a tenable long-term solution. But there's no panacea that's going to fix this defense this season. So you're going to have to win with what you have.

I'm floored by how completely ineffective Hitchens and Ragland are. They're just awful.

4-3, man. Quit asking as much of those guys as we are because they clearly arent up for it.

Probably so.

They played an ass hole half of football and we’re still right there.

Make some trades, get healthy and see what happens

carcosa
10-14-2018, 10:27 PM

Gotta fix the middle...

I think adding an elite cornerback would make a difference.

Chief Northman
10-14-2018, 10:41 PM
DJLN is right.

ILB and Safety play is atrocious. Hitchens has been disappointing and Ragland is useless. Parker has no business out there. Chiefs have to be honest with themselves. If Berry and/or Sorenson is a no-go, you have to move on a Deone Buchanan. I’d even look to get DJ back from Oakland. He won’t help coverage but can help with the run fits on 1st/2nd down.

While Pat Peterson would be nice, he’d be a luxury. There are more glaring problems.

carcosa
10-14-2018, 10:44 PM
DJLN is right.

ILB and Safety play is atrocious. Hitchens has been disappointing and Ragland is useless. Parker has no business out there. Chiefs have to be honest with themselves. If Berry and/or Sorenson is a no-go, you have to move on a Deone Buchanan. I’d even look to get DJ back from Oakland. He won’t help coverage but can help with the run fits on 1st/2nd down.

While Pat Peterson would be nice, he’d be a luxury. There are more glaring problems.

Please explain how having a guy who can lock down 1/3rd of the field doesn't help the rest of the defense

Chief Northman
10-14-2018, 10:46 PM
Please explain how having a guy who can lock down 1/3rd of the field doesn't help the rest of the defense

Because we cannot cover running backs or TE’s nor stop the run.

That’s why.

Rasputin
10-14-2018, 10:47 PM
i like his first name but his last name doesn't work for this team.

Titty Meat
10-14-2018, 10:49 PM

That’s why.

Houston is a valuable asset both with the pass rush and coverage. Berry in coverage and against the run. You're telling me the Pats dont punt once or twice with them in the game?

-King-
10-14-2018, 10:49 PM
1st and 3rd for Peterson and Buchanan and maybe they throw a pick back our way. They say no?
Posted via Mobile Device

Rain Man
10-14-2018, 10:51 PM
Houston is a valuable asset both with the pass rush and coverage. Berry in coverage and against the run. You're telling me the Pats dont punt once or twice with them in the game?

Yeah, it's frustrating that they retired right as the Mahomes era began.

NJChiefsFan
If you get Peterson and move Fuller to nickel and Scandrick to safety the defense starts to look a whole lot better.

Really they need to land an impact player through a trade and have Berry actually come back. This defense needs to get from horrible to at least bad. We might be able to score our ways to playoff wins with a bad defense. Expecting to win multiple playoff games with a horrible defense is asking too much.

carcosa

That’s why.

Having a lockdown corner on the other team's best WR allows the rest of the defense to key in on TEs and RBs.........

Chief Northman
10-14-2018, 10:53 PM

We will never know.

These brokedicks are never on the field at the same time if you haven’t noticed.

RunKC
10-14-2018, 10:57 PM
I don’t think we need Deone Buchanan. I think we need Hassan Reddick. That guy is an athletic freak who would replace Ragland and help stop RB’s.

Titty Meat
10-14-2018, 11:00 PM
We will never know.

These brokedicks are never on the field at the same time if you haven’t noticed.

Should be able to have them both in December.

BTW they let Parker walk originally for a reason. Tonight we saw why.

cdcox
10-14-2018, 11:01 PM
No!

We pissed away Peters for a 3rd round pick and now people want to trade a first for his replacement? This is what perennial loser teams do. We have to think long term.

Titty Meat
10-14-2018, 11:03 PM
No!

We pissed away Peters for a 3rd round pick and now people want to trade a first for his replacement? This is what perennial loser teams do. We have to think long term.

We let Peters go because hes a petulant child and a team cancer. I dont see him with a new contract yet do you?

DenverChief
10-14-2018, 11:04 PM
No!

yes, another 10-12 years right?

cdcox
10-14-2018, 11:05 PM
We let Peters go because hes a petulant child and a team cancer. I dont see him with a new contract yet do you?

It still amounts to trading a 1st for a 3rd. It's idiotic.

Peters is gone. Let's not compound it by chasing a window that will be open for a long ass time.

O.city
10-14-2018, 11:05 PM
Peterson is under contract for the next couple years

So he fixes a hole for that long

O.city
10-14-2018, 11:06 PM
It still amounts to trading a 1st for a 3rd. It's idiotic.

Peters us gone. Let's not compound it by chasing a window that will be open for a long ass time.

They got a 2nd and a 4th for peters

Chiefshrink

Gotta fix the middle...

To your point,Pats gave the recipe on how to beat us(attack the LBs) and sure isn't a rocket science recipe either.:rolleyes:

cdcox

Our window is 18 years. We are in no hurry.

O.city
10-14-2018, 11:08 PM

I mean, we can think that but it just doesn’t always work out like that.

arrowheadnation
10-14-2018, 11:10 PM
Peterson, Another starting LB, Houston and Berry Back, Lucas takes Nelsons starting spot....and we steamroll to the SB.

cdcox
10-14-2018, 11:12 PM
They got a 2nd and a 4th for peters

A delayed 2nd is like a 3rd. Even without the discounted value with the delay, it is a trade you can't make. Smells like panic and we aren't in a panic situation.

The Franchise
10-14-2018, 11:13 PM
Peterson and Reddick

-King-
10-15-2018, 12:20 AM

Lmao no it's not. After Mahomes rookie deal is up, the window closes considerably. Our biggest window is now and the next 3 years.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
10-15-2018, 12:22 AM
Lmao no it's not.

It is if you believe Mahomes is in the same class as Roethlisberger/Brady/Manning.

Those teams have had their windows open for 10+ years.

-King-
10-15-2018, 12:24 AM
No!

This doesn't even make any sense. It's not like we traded Peters just because. How is filling a major need with a top 3 player something that perennial losers do.

And what are we saving draft picks for? To draft someone we hope can be as good as Peterson? Why not just get Peterson now and skip searching through the mystery box that is the draft?
Posted via Mobile Device

ROYC75
10-15-2018, 12:25 AM

We have to take on his contract which means who are we cutting, who are we getting to redo their current contract to try and squeeze Peterson in as well as what is it going to take to acquire said draft pics.

With that said, it's piece, not enough to turn the tide to make our defense solid now. Need more, who, where do you find the team, money to fit it all in. Is 2 players enough ?

Answer : Nope.

New World Order
10-15-2018, 12:26 AM
Would love Reddick, Peterson and Bethea.

-King-
10-15-2018, 12:27 AM
It is if you believe Mahomes is in the same class as Roethlisberger/Brady/Manning.

Those teams have had their windows open for 10+ years.

I never said the window closes all the way. But it is significantly harder to build around a QB when you're paying him top dollar. Especially since we'll have to pay Tyreek top dollar too. Look at what's happened to the Seahawks since they had to pay Wilson franchise QB money, and his contract will seem cheap compared to what we'll have to give Mahomes.

Yes the window will likely be open for as long as Mahomes is healthy, but it will never been as open as it is during his rookie deal.
Posted via Mobile Device

UK_Chief
10-15-2018, 02:11 AM
We will never know.

Maybe they’re the same person?! :eek:

TambaBerry
10-15-2018, 06:00 AM
to the idiots out there, Peterson locks down a wr way better then Peters ever did. Peters gambles and gets turnovers, Peterson is an actual lockdown CB. It would immediately help the defense because Sutton refuses to change anything.

bricks
10-15-2018, 06:02 AM

This! Get rid of Ragland.

MahiMike
10-15-2018, 06:42 AM

This. Pat just needs 1 stop.

patteeu
10-15-2018, 07:38 AM
No!

I’m with cdcox. And I think Rain Man is right that we have bigger defensive needs than CB.

Sassy Squatch
10-15-2018, 07:40 AM
I’m with cdcox. And I think Rain Man is right that we have bigger defensive needs than CB.
Peterson is an All Pro talent at CB with 2.5 years of a pretty good contract left. Even 1 player like that is a huge boon to a unit as bereft of talent as our defense is. Also allows Fuller to do what he's actually good at.

DrunkBassGuitar
10-15-2018, 07:41 AM
What can they do to restructure Berry's contract? He's not coming back

Sassy Squatch
10-15-2018, 07:42 AM
Nothing. He's fucking us badly right now.

TambaBerry
10-15-2018, 07:43 AM

I already know what will happen, Berry will play in one game, get hurt and sit out the rest of the year. then next season he will do the same thing until we can finally move on from his contract. He will keep collecting the money because he got "injured" during a game

Red Dawg
10-15-2018, 07:49 AM
Veach won't do shit. When have we traded for a big name ever?

kcpasco
10-15-2018, 07:52 AM
Can he play safety? Because currently our safeties are a big steamy pile of crap.

St. Patty's Fire
10-15-2018, 07:53 AM
Why is he not a Chief yet

Sassy Squatch
10-15-2018, 07:53 AM
We were a cunt hair away from trading for Earl Thomas.

Sassy Squatch
10-15-2018, 07:55 AM
FWIW, Steven Wilks was pretty emphatic about shutting down the trade rumors surrounding Peterson. Could just be coach speak but he might not even be on the market.

arrowheadnation
10-15-2018, 08:11 AM
Can he play safety? Because currently our safeties are a big steamy pile of crap.

This isn't a single trade will fix everything scenario. We should trade for peterson and a safety and a LB if at all possible. But we do have safeties that are hopefully returning. At CB, we are stuck with what we have, and honestly if I have to watch Stephen Nelson interfere this another WR and then get up and make some dumb ass gesture to the camera, I'm going to freaking explode. After last night it should be obvious that Lucas should take that guy's starting spot.

CupidStunt
10-15-2018, 08:12 AM

What kind of dumb take is this? Big names almost never get traded in the NFL, but we're as aggressive as any team in the league recently in UFA or the draft. There is no reason whatsoever to believe we won't trade for the right guy if he's actually available.

Coochie liquor
10-15-2018, 10:17 AM
To your point,Pats gave the recipe on how to beat us(attack the LBs) and sure isn't a rocket science recipe either.:rolleyes:

This game would have been different if Houston and Tanoh played. We were getting heat on Brady early, and he was missing passed. It’s harder to account for Houston, and Ford on the line!

KChiefs1
10-15-2018, 10:32 AM
Add Eric Berry, Justin Houston & Patrick Peterson to the defense last night and who wins?

Make the deal Veach!

Eleazar
10-15-2018, 10:33 AM
Trade deadline is in 2 weeks. Oct 30.

carcosa
10-15-2018, 10:35 AM
Trade deadline is in 2 weeks. Oct 30.

Somebody tell Veach!!!!

gold_and_red
10-15-2018, 10:39 AM
Veach knows that the D is sh!t, he did pursue Earl Thomas even before all our safeties got injured. Awaiting his next move.

Sassy Squatch
10-15-2018, 10:40 AM
Jets are trying to trade for Chandler Jones. Arizona could very well be blowing it all up.

carcosa
10-15-2018, 10:40 AM
I'm going to go take a dump. Patrick Peterson better be a Chief by the time I get back.

O.city
10-15-2018, 10:41 AM
Yeah, bring him and Buchanon in here.

Anything to get Ragland off the field.

O.city
10-15-2018, 10:42 AM
Jets are trying to trade for Chandler Jones. Arizona could very well be blowing it all up.

Where is this at?

FAX
10-15-2018, 10:44 AM
We could trade for a wheelchair.

But then again, we need 6 of those.

FAX

Sassy Squatch
10-15-2018, 10:44 AM
Where is this at?
Can't embed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CBSSports/status/1051472764626849792

CupidStunt
10-15-2018, 10:46 AM
At the end of the day I bet we don't come away with anyone this good, but it'll be a fucking shame if we don't acquire at least 1 or 2 guys who have some level of competence - which, of course, is a big upgrade in itself.

O.city
10-15-2018, 10:47 AM
Can't embed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CBSSports/status/1051472764626849792

That'd be a good trade for the Jets.

carcosa
10-15-2018, 11:29 AM
I'm going to go take a dump. Patrick Peterson better be a Chief by the time I get back.

Okay, I'm back. Did we trade for this fucking asshole yet!?

In58men
10-15-2018, 11:30 AM
I wonder how many interceptions he gets against Dalton this week. I say 2.

carcosa
10-15-2018, 11:33 AM
I wonder how many interceptions he gets against Dalton this week. I say 2.

Yes!!!!!! Or even 3

carcosa
10-15-2018, 12:11 PM
Is this the thread we should be posting in? Or the other one??

KChiefs1
10-15-2018, 04:56 PM
Trade for him.

BigCatDaddy
10-15-2018, 05:00 PM
Normally I would say it's a pipe dream, but when you have a Superbowl offense like this I think you owe it to the team and fans to make a move or 2 here. I can see it.

Simply Red
10-15-2018, 05:04 PM
Somebody tell Veach!!!!

I will message him on Facebook.

MVChiefFan
10-15-2018, 05:05 PM
I will message him on Facebook.

Get on it, good sir!

notorious
10-15-2018, 05:05 PM
I'm going to go take a Sutton, Patrick Peterson better be a Chief by the time I get back.

Fyp

carcosa
10-15-2018, 05:07 PM
Trade for him.

Yes

carcosa
10-15-2018, 05:08 PM
Fyp

Lol!

Simply Red
10-15-2018, 05:08 PM
Get on it, good sir!

ok!

NJChiefsFan
10-15-2018, 05:28 PM
Somebody tell Veach!!!!

LMAO

carcosa
10-15-2018, 08:09 PM
VEACH!!!!!

CaliforniaChief
10-15-2018, 08:30 PM
I'd give them a 1st and another pick and wouldn't even think twice about it.

He's under contract for this year and two more at a reasonable cost.

We're picking around 30 this year. If you're drafting a cornerback, you aren't getting anything close to Peterson at that pick unless you are getting a character guy (and yeah, we aren't going back there again).

If Berry returns and Houston gets healthy, adding Peterson makes this defense more than good enough to get us to the top.

Sofa King
10-15-2018, 08:51 PM
Joel Corry
@corryjoel
If Patrick Peterson is dealt at the trading deadline (after Week 8's games), the acquiring team would need $5,823,529 of salary cap space (9/17th of Peterson's $11M base salary). Peterson has 2019 & 2020 contract years at $11.25M & $12.55M.

Simply Red
10-15-2018, 08:51 PM
KC4PP!

O.city
10-15-2018, 08:52 PM
Don’t wait til then. Do it now

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-15-2018, 09:01 PM
Yeah I'm tired of hearing "when Berry comes back".

Chiefs would be wise( so of course they won't )to just make plans and go on like Berry doesn't even exist. You know, like the reality of the situation?

carcosa
10-15-2018, 09:07 PM
KC4PP!

YiPP!!!