PDA

View Full Version : Football Eric Reid explains his beef with Malcolm Jenkins

Sassy Squatch
10-29-2018, 06:22 AM
Pretty interesting to listen to, regardless of how you feel about the issue. Malcolm Jenkins does come off like a sellout here, but who knows how much is fact and how much is fiction.

On mobile so can't embed

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1jMJgOgMlkWJL

Simply Red
10-29-2018, 06:23 AM
I honestly don't care - no offense ST

WhawhaWhat
10-29-2018, 06:34 AM
I honestly don't care - no offense ST

Thanks for telling us.

lawrenceRaider
10-29-2018, 06:35 AM
I read that Malcolm Jenkins also asked Reid what his end game was on the protests. Reid couldn't explain it/had no answer. Then Jenkins asked him what it would take to get him to stop kneeling. That is the entire Kneeling movement all wrapped up nice and neat.

tyreekthefreak
10-29-2018, 06:38 AM
Old news...…..

Simply Red
10-29-2018, 06:47 AM
Thanks for telling us.

yw

BigRedChief
10-29-2018, 06:51 AM
Can we keep two dudes having a political beef discussion out of the Lounge?

Red Dawg
10-29-2018, 06:54 AM
What a joke it is to have atheletes be political. Bunch of idiots that think they are important. They not and don't run this nation.

bigjosh
10-29-2018, 07:18 AM
What a joke it is to have atheletes be political. Bunch of idiots that think they are important. They not and don't run this nation.So by that metric, nobody's political opinions matter then?

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

dj56dt58
10-29-2018, 07:19 AM
I think Eric comes off as well spoken, I think he would like to get something accomplished where Kaepernick regardless of what he says, was kneeling in protest to him being benched.

What is the end game? They talk about police brutality and killing of blacks, but the stats simply don't back that up. This is the media brainwashing them.

They talk about money? What would the money be used for? How did they reach the 89M mark?

The bottom line is they work for the NFL and if protesting hurts the NFL and it does, they either stop or find work elsewhere..it's that simple. The NFL pays them and will stop paying them if they create a negative image for them just like any other business or employer would.

The NFL however shouldn't cap fund raisers..why? They should be able to donate/fundraise however much they want. If the owners were willing to match, 89M shouldn't be a hard number to reach

WhiteWhale
10-29-2018, 08:22 AM
I like the how the guy who is getting money for the CAUSE is a sell out and the guy personally cashing in is keeping it real.

What world is he from? Malcolm Jenkins isn't the guy using this to grandstand for fame. HE's the guy who's actually trying to get shit done.

Regardless of where you stand (or kneel,lol) on the overall issue, one of these guys is trying to make a difference... and HE is the one being called a sell out.

Reid is pissed because he couldn't cash in on the whole thing like his buddy did. Turning a cause into a slogan and cashing in... that's selling out.

WhiteWhale
10-29-2018, 08:31 AM
I read that Malcolm Jenkins also asked Reid what his end game was on the protests. Reid couldn't explain it/had no answer. Then Jenkins asked him what it would take to get him to stop kneeling. That is the entire Kneeling movement all wrapped up nice and neat.

Exactly.

Jenkins actually wants to accomplish something other than self aggrandizement.

A guy sabotages his own career (Ravens, let's not pretend that didn't happen) and then gets a big PERSONAL cash out for 'the cause'. Another guy works with a multi billion dollar industry in order to make in-roads on a social issue.

Which one is the sellout? It seems Reid doesn't know what the words 'sell out' mean. Kaep 'sold out' the minute he turned the cause into a 50 million dollar slogan. That's how selling out WORKS.

WhiteWhale
10-29-2018, 08:40 AM
So by that metric, nobody's political opinions matter then?

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Only if, and because, they vote.

I know grandstanding when I see it. There are players who did this the right way with their mind and focus on a cause they believe in, and players who are just building their resume for a post NFL career as a professional activist. In regards to the latter, it's all about personally cashing in.

Sadly professional activists have figured out it's just one big marketing scam. You sell an idea regarding some social ill, do nothing to rectify it (and in some cases intentionally worsen it) so you can keep selling it.

It's not really political anyway. These guys aren't making any demands about policy.

Flying High D
10-29-2018, 09:15 AM
Need more commentary from the Kap. I enjoy his no biases point of views, his deep insights of the social injustices and his well thought out solutions to end the issues. Go Team Kap.

Rasputin
10-29-2018, 09:28 AM
What's their take on abortion?

That should put it in DC

Eureka
10-29-2018, 10:04 AM
Nobody wanted to sign Reid even though he could play because he was making drama. Well right after joining the Panthers here he is making head lines about kneeling etc.

Just another example of why some guys who make protesting front and center aren’t signed that often.