PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Pro Bowl

jjchieffan
10-29-2018, 05:23 PM
I know that it's more of a popularity contest than anything. But it's still interesting to see our team send a lot of players. Of course there won't ne any Chiefs go, because they'll be in the Superbowl. But how many get selected this year? 6? 7? More?

On the offense can we just send all 11? Mahomes should be a shoe in, as should Kelce. Hunts getting some attention lately and is the reigning rushing champ. Hill should go AS A WIDE RECEIVER this year. On the offensive line Schwartz and Fisher should get selected. If not for the injury, LDT should have been in.Morse being hurt again is hurting him. I doubt that Erving or Wiley get selected. What about Watkins? A few more games like last week would help, but I don't see it now. Sherman should go. He's one of the best fullbacks in the league.

On defense does anyone have a chance? Jones and Ford have the best chance, but I doubt they go.

On Special teams, Butker would be nice, but he mostly just kicks extra points, so he doesn't get much attention. Punters that kick once or twice a game don't go to the pro bowl, so Colquit is out. Hill would be a shoe in here, but he should go in at receiver, not returner.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-29-2018, 05:24 PM
Mahomes
Hunt
Hill
Kelce
Ford

Easy 6
10-29-2018, 05:28 PM
Genuinely dont care, thats not to dump on your thread... only my personal feeling

Too many idiots get a say in choosing the PB squads

jjchieffan
10-29-2018, 05:47 PM
Genuinely dont care, thats not to dump on your thread... only my personal feeling

Too many idiots get a say in choosing the PB squads

I agree with that. It's a popularity contest. But it still makes interesting discussion. Kinda like power rankings. Worthless for anything other than discussion.

Easy 6
10-29-2018, 05:55 PM
I agree with that. It's a popularity contest. But it still makes interesting discussion. Kinda like power rankings. Worthless for anything other than discussion.

They should really just do away with "Pro Bowl", and stick with All-Pro

Why have two categories, you're an All-Pro or you're not

Active coaches, players and esteemed writers being the only voters... mucking things up with fan votes is a joke

CoMoChief
10-29-2018, 05:59 PM
Mahomes
Hunt
Hill
Kelce
Ford

Schwartz has a chance.

Sofa King
10-29-2018, 06:06 PM
They should really just do away with "Pro Bowl", and stick with All-Pro

Why have two categories, you're an All-Pro or you're not

Active coaches, players and esteemed writers being the only voters... mucking things up with fan votes is a joke

Players are equally stupid with their votes. Look at the top 100 players lists. Always people that have no business on that list.

Easy 6
10-29-2018, 06:10 PM
Players are equally stupid with their votes. Look at the top 100 players lists. Always people that have no business on that list.

Honestly not sure I've actually seen a top 100 list voted only by players

I think you could keep their votes honest by limiting them to say, maybe 2, players from their own teams including themselves

KChiefs1
10-29-2018, 06:18 PM
We will be playing in the Super Bowl so no Chiefs will be playing.

Clyde Frog
10-29-2018, 06:19 PM
Besides the obvious offensive stars I could see Sausage, Schwartz and Ford all having a good chancel. If Jones keeps it up I could see him sneaking in. A lot of the big names for inside guys are in the NFC.

OKchiefs
10-29-2018, 06:27 PM
Funny how two of our highest paid players (and nearly highest paid at their position in the league) haven't sniffed a pro bowl since signing their contracts and likely never will.

OKchiefs
10-29-2018, 06:29 PM
Honestly not sure I've actually seen a top 100 list voted only by players

I think you could keep their votes honest by limiting them to say, maybe 2, players from their own teams including themselves

The annual top 100 list that's released with a lot of interest around it is voted by the players.

Mr. Wizard
10-29-2018, 06:41 PM
Mr. Wizard told me he is going to rig the polls this year. All of our safeties, db's and linebackers are going to the pro bowl this year. He say's to bet heavily on the over and that Berry is going to be "minute by minute" by that time and will still make the AFC roster in spite of having never playing a down this year.

Flying High D
10-29-2018, 07:09 PM
I bet if Berry shaved and got a haircut he would feel better about himself and play.

Rasputin
10-29-2018, 07:09 PM
I've hated the pro bowl ever since they put it a week before the Super Bowl.

They devalued the PB with Super Bowl players not playing.

jjchieffan
10-29-2018, 07:44 PM
I haven't watched it in years. It's a boring game. I just want to know what Chiefs got selected. Which goes along with what was said earlier. Just do away with the Pro Bowl and just name the AllPro team and be done with it.

Rasputin
10-29-2018, 07:46 PM
I haven't watched it in years. It's a boring game. I just want to know what Chiefs got selected. Which goes along with what was said earlier. Just do away with the Pro Bowl and just name the AllPro team and be done with it.

I think playing it after the Super Bowl makes it better then all the stars that deserve the Super Bowl can play in it.

jjchieffan
10-29-2018, 08:20 PM
I think playing it after the Super Bowl makes it better then all the stars that deserve the Super Bowl can play in it.

Yeah. But even then, there were lots of players that just opted not to play and risk injury.

kjwood75nro
10-29-2018, 11:40 PM
I bet if Berry shaved and got a haircut he would feel better about himself and play.This a thousand times.

That he can get away with standing on the K.C. sidelines looking like that in the first place, is a cancer that needs excised however necessary.