PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs LB Marquis Flower and S Obi Melifonwu visiting today.

Superturtle
10-31-2018, 07:30 AM
Per Rapoport.

notorious
10-31-2018, 07:31 AM
Who?

carcosa
10-31-2018, 07:34 AM
ITS HAPENIMG

RunKC
10-31-2018, 07:34 AM
Looks like Hitchens is gonna be out for a couple of weeks with bruised ribs. Need a guy to fill in for a bit

TLO
10-31-2018, 07:37 AM
Looks like Hitchens is gonna be out for a couple of weeks with bruised ribs. Need a guy to fill in for a bit

DOD

bigjosh
10-31-2018, 07:38 AM
Wasnít obi just drafted?

Dunerdr
10-31-2018, 07:40 AM
I'd rather play dod more and bring dj back to maybe get these lard as starting ilbs up to speed.

O.city
10-31-2018, 07:41 AM
I liked Obi coming out.

He'd have to take a long hard shower to get the Oakland stank off though.

MIAdragon
10-31-2018, 07:43 AM

But we couldnít trade for anyone because it would have taken them too long to learn the defensive system.....

Superturtle
10-31-2018, 07:43 AM
Might be why we weren't too keen on giving up a 3rd rounder for Clinton Dix. Whatever, get his ass in here and put him to work.

R Clark
10-31-2018, 07:44 AM
Who are these guys ?never heard of them

chiefzilla1501
10-31-2018, 07:44 AM
Good. We need to do lots of dumpster diving. Ragland helped last year. Terrance Mitchell helped big time a few years ago. We always seem to find 1-2 of these guys who end up playing solid football for a playoff stretch.

chiefzilla1501
10-31-2018, 07:45 AM
But we couldnít trade for anyone because it would have taken them too long to learn the defensive system.....

Or maybe because those guys cost high draft picks and lots of money.

CaliforniaChief
10-31-2018, 07:45 AM
Obi is a big dude...like 6'3-6'4. Said during the combine that he felt more comfortable as a LB than in the secondary.

Lots of health issues, smells like Oakland. The measurables for him are pretty impressive, but he could just be a combine warrior.

UChieffyBugger
10-31-2018, 07:46 AM
Well we're gonna see if Veach can work his magic again. For years the Pats have mastered the art of taking guys who have flopped elsewhere and made them fit into their system. If we adopt a similar philosophy it could pay dividens for years.

Superturtle
10-31-2018, 07:46 AM
3rd rounder and a large cap hit or no picks and slightly above vet minimum for a rental. I know which one I'm choosing.

wazu
10-31-2018, 07:48 AM
Obi is interesting. 2017 second rounder drafted by Raiders. Spent rookie year on IR, then waived/injured.

TwistedChief
10-31-2018, 07:55 AM
Is this going to be the television we take home from Best Buy!?!?

ptlyon
10-31-2018, 08:01 AM
Is this going to be the television we take home from Best Buy!?!?

No, it's the car from the Oprah Winfrey show

MIAdragon
10-31-2018, 08:06 AM
3rd rounder and a large cap hit or no picks and slightly above vet minimum for a rental. I know which one I'm choosing.

Trying to give the best possible chance to win it all right now. Thatís what Iím choosing.

Superturtle
10-31-2018, 08:07 AM
Trying to give the best possible chance to win it all right now. Thatís what Iím choosing.
Neither one of them does that much for us, so go with the far cheaper option.

dannybcaitlyn
10-31-2018, 08:08 AM
Sounds like back to dumpster diving.

Marcellus
10-31-2018, 08:14 AM
Obi is interesting. 2017 second rounder drafted by Raiders. Spent rookie year on IR, then waived/injured.

So they guy has never played a down in the NFL?

pugsnotdrugs19
10-31-2018, 08:15 AM
Melifonwu is a physical freak with questionable drive. But maybe this culture is the right one to get him on track.

Oxford
10-31-2018, 08:15 AM

How long does it take to learn not to tackle?

Superturtle
10-31-2018, 08:16 AM
In Packers defensive coordinator Mike Pettine’s scheme, reducing confusion with simplicity will be key to success

Nevertheless, a picture of the biggest difference between Capers and Pettine is emerging from players and coaches alike this offseason: After some obvious confusion and miscommunication on defense last season — and, at times, in prior years — Pettine’s KILL (Keep It Likable and Learnable) philosophy has been a hit, because everyone involved believes it’ll eliminate those moments of uncertainty that too often resulted in big plays by opposing offenses.

Sounds like the exact opposite of what Sutton does. Fuller and Hitchens should be proof enough that plugging and playing good players just isn't feasible when their responsibilities change so drastically.

Marcellus
10-31-2018, 08:17 AM
In Packers defensive coordinator Mike Pettineís scheme, reducing confusion with simplicity will be key to success

Nevertheless, a picture of the biggest difference between Capers and Pettine is emerging from players and coaches alike this offseason: After some obvious confusion and miscommunication on defense last season ó and, at times, in prior years ó Pettineís KILL (Keep It Likable and Learnable) philosophy has been a hit, because everyone involved believes itíll eliminate those moments of uncertainty that too often resulted in big plays by opposing offenses.

Sounds like the exact opposite of what Sutton does. Fuller and Hitchens should be proof enough that plugging and playing good players just isn't feasible when their responsibilities change so drastically.

I have zero doubt Sutton is gone this off-season regardless of outcome, obviously a year too late though.

wazu
10-31-2018, 08:21 AM
I have zero doubt Sutton is gone this off-season regardless of outcome, obviously a year too late though.

Honest question: Has Andy ever fired a defensive coordinator? Thought I remembered something happening in Philly towards the end, but that was after the whole team was sucking. (As opposed to contending for the 1 seed.)

Superturtle
10-31-2018, 08:23 AM
Honest question: Has Andy ever fired a defensive coordinator? Thought I remembered something happening in Philly towards the end, but that was after the whole team was sucking. (As opposed to contending for the 1 seed.)
Fired Juan Castillo mid season.

pugsnotdrugs19
10-31-2018, 08:25 AM
Sutton' scheme is obviously too complex and we know this because he gets his shit from the old Ryan defenses, which were notoriously too complicated at times.

Marcellus
10-31-2018, 08:26 AM

I Don't know and I don't care about what he has or hasn't done in the past.

I just have zero doubt they realize they need to make a change because this shit ain't working.

I wanted Sutton fired but kind of understood why they gave him another year but there is no denying his scheme and or coaching style has jumped the shark.

Reid and company didn't expect Mahomes to be this good this fast and in hindsight its making the defensive issues glaringly obvious. The offense has taken a step forward and the defense has actually gotten worse which is insane.

T-post Tom
10-31-2018, 08:30 AM
S Obi Melifonwu (looks good gettin' off da bus)

http://www.trbimg.com/img-5900d9b2/turbine/hc-nfl-draft-up-next-for-uconn-s-obi-melifonwu-20170426

Beef Supreme
10-31-2018, 08:32 AM

These guys are depth. They won't see the field for a while, if ever, so they will have time to learn unless we keep getting decimated by injuries. And they don't cost draft picks.

Did you think they were going to come in and start?

suzzer99
10-31-2018, 08:35 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Former second round pick, also been connected to the Saints. Really good athlete, has had injuries, Raiders gave him the dreaded Doesn&#39;t Love Football tag. But, Raiders. <a href="https://t.co/SLQ6DFIKAI">https://t.co/SLQ6DFIKAI</a></p>&mdash; Sam Mellinger (@mellinger) <a href="https://twitter.com/mellinger/status/1057637112630009857?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 31, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

O.city
10-31-2018, 08:36 AM
Obi would be a guy you'd sign and hope you can develop long term.

OKchiefs
10-31-2018, 08:39 AM
I'd think bringing in Novorro Bowman for a look would be a good low cost move.

ChiefsFanatic
10-31-2018, 08:40 AM
I have zero doubt Sutton is gone this off-season regardless of outcome, obviously a year too late though.I think Sutton will be here until he dies of natural causes, or Reid retires.

I wish and hope he is gone next year, but if it actually happens it won't be Reid making that call. Unfortunately, I don't think Veach has the juice to make a decision that significant that goes against Reid.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

DJ's left nut
10-31-2018, 08:41 AM
Obi would be a guy you'd sign and hope you can develop long term.

I'm guessing teams are trying to give him a 2 year deal and he's probably trying hold out for a 1 yr deal. That would make him an exclusive rights free agent at the end of the season and he may be more able to get himself a slightly improved 2 year contract then (which would set up him for UFA at the end of that deal).

I would imagine his contract had pretty basic offset language in it so he's probably not able to 'double dip' here - any money he gets from his new team is probably just mitigation of what the Raiders are paying him unless he reached an agreement as part of his injury settlement that got him waived off IR.

Curious to see what he's really looking for in where he ends up landing. I'd imagine playing time would be the most pressing consideration and there are a LOT of bodies ahead of him in KC right now.

Some of them suck, but that's not kept Ron Parker off the field to this point so why would it start with Obi?

ChiTown
10-31-2018, 08:41 AM
Obi ran a 4.4 at 6'4" & 225#'s? Damn, that's intriguing..........

RunKC
10-31-2018, 08:42 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tried telling y’all before the 2017 draft. Being a great athlete doesn’t make you a good football player. Obi was never a good football player. Always a great athlete.</p>&mdash; Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) <a href="https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/1032736676815298560?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 23, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Baby Lee
10-31-2018, 08:45 AM
Per Rapoport.

<iframe width="100%" height="300" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" allow="autoplay" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/144444837&color=%23ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&show_teaser=true&visual=true"></iframe>

DJ's left nut
10-31-2018, 08:45 AM
DOD

The guy's a fun player and a damn good Dime backer.

But seriously fellas - he cannot play in our base defense and it takes just a few seconds to realize that. And the Browns are probably gonna feed Chubb the ball 20+ times.

He'll be great to have out there when Duke Johnson is on the field, but he can't just replace Hitchens. Niemann will be the most likely sub in those situations but sadly, we're probably just going to see more Ragland.

The best way to make sure DoD is less effective at what he's good at (playing in space, spying RBs and TEs) is to have him out there taking on guards 30-40 times/gm. He'll just get beat to death doing that and it will take his legs from him.

He's a 35-40 snap/gm guy depending on game script, IMO. If a team gets behind early and has to throw the ball 50+ times, obviously more. If they try to keep the offense off the field by running it 30-40 times, well then obviously less.

But in a conventional ballgame, I think you'd like to see him out there maybe 40% of the time.

The Franchise
10-31-2018, 08:49 AM
I’d sign Obi and give him a chance to get healthy and play for a real team.

chiefzilla1501
10-31-2018, 08:58 AM
I Don't know and I don't care about what he has or hasn't done in the past.

I just have zero doubt they realize they need to make a change because this shit ain't working.

I wanted Sutton fired but kind of understood why they gave him another year but there is no denying his scheme and or coaching style has jumped the shark.

Reid and company didn't expect Mahomes to be this good this fast and in hindsight its making the defensive issues glaringly obvious. The offense has taken a step forward and the defense has actually gotten worse which is insane.

I didn't get it then. Still don't get it.

Sutton is 70. So is he a long term option if he figures things out? Hell no.

If he's just a short term option, then I suppose this keeps continuity. False. Our defense is rebuilding. If we expect mahomes to be raw early then why not use that year to install a new defense? Worse... The more players we add to this D, the more we're stuck with Suttons scheme. Dorian is a great example of that. Hed be less useful in a lot of schemes.

The Chiefs could have and should have used this year to get a new DC, rebuild the D, and take some lumps as we transition. Unless Sutton blows the doors off in the final stretch this is a complete headscratcher for Reid.

chinaski
10-31-2018, 08:59 AM
NICE!

T-post Tom
10-31-2018, 09:10 AM
Old man Quintin Demps & Tyvon Branch are available.

https://akns-images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2013928/rs_300x300-131028161948-600.bad-grandpa-knoxville.jpg?fit=around|700:700&crop=700:700;center,top&output-quality=90

O.city
10-31-2018, 09:13 AM
I'm guessing teams are trying to give him a 2 year deal and he's probably trying hold out for a 1 yr deal. That would make him an exclusive rights free agent at the end of the season and he may be more able to get himself a slightly improved 2 year contract then (which would set up him for UFA at the end of that deal).

I would imagine his contract had pretty basic offset language in it so he's probably not able to 'double dip' here - any money he gets from his new team is probably just mitigation of what the Raiders are paying him unless he reached an agreement as part of his injury settlement that got him waived off IR.

Curious to see what he's really looking for in where he ends up landing. I'd imagine playing time would be the most pressing consideration and there are a LOT of bodies ahead of him in KC right now.

Some of them suck, but that's not kept Ron Parker off the field to this point so why would it start with Obi?

Yeah, but at this point, wouldn't he just be looking to actually you know, play? I mean he hasn't done shit in the NFL to even think about a contract.

bigjosh
10-31-2018, 09:14 AM
Can we bring Hussein Abdullah in for a look?

O.city
10-31-2018, 09:15 AM
The guy's a fun player and a damn good Dime backer.

But seriously fellas - he cannot play in our base defense and it takes just a few seconds to realize that. And the Browns are probably gonna feed Chubb the ball 20+ times.

He'll be great to have out there when Duke Johnson is on the field, but he can't just replace Hitchens. Niemann will be the most likely sub in those situations but sadly, we're probably just going to see more Ragland.

The best way to make sure DoD is less effective at what he's good at (playing in space, spying RBs and TEs) is to have him out there taking on guards 30-40 times/gm. He'll just get beat to death doing that and it will take his legs from him.

He's a 35-40 snap/gm guy depending on game script, IMO. If a team gets behind early and has to throw the ball 50+ times, obviously more. If they try to keep the offense off the field by running it 30-40 times, well then obviously less.

But in a conventional ballgame, I think you'd like to see him out there maybe 40% of the time.

He gets demolished when OL get on him. Gotta keep him clean if you wanna play him at ILB.

Frankly, if he's an ILB you're gonna have to go back to the 43

htismaqe
10-31-2018, 09:15 AM
I think Sutton will be here until he dies of natural causes, or Reid retires.

I wish and hope he is gone next year, but if it actually happens it won't be Reid making that call. Unfortunately, I don't think Veach has the juice to make a decision that significant that goes against Reid.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Yep. Sutton ain't going nowhere.

DJ's left nut
10-31-2018, 09:16 AM
Yeah, but at this point, wouldn't he just be looking to actually you know, play? I mean he hasn't done shit in the NFL to even think about a contract.

That's why he pays his agent.

If his agent doesn't have his eye on 2-3 years down the road just as much as he does the present, he's not a very good agent.

Now if he's only getting interest from a single team, that's a different story. But if there are 3-4 competing offers and some of them are 2 year deals, others aren't, well there are considerations from both sides.

I'm just wondering how the Chiefs can make their offer appear to be better than other interested teams. I don't see an obvious answer there because with a healthy Sorensen and emerging Lucas, not to mention DoD seemingly slotted into what would be Obi's best position, I don't see a clear path to long-term playing time here.

T-post Tom
10-31-2018, 09:18 AM

Not sure if you're serious or having fun.... but he quit for health reasons. Won't be back.

bigjosh
10-31-2018, 09:18 AM
He quit for health reasons. Won't be back.

Ohh, I didnít know that.

ptlyon
10-31-2018, 09:21 AM
Yep. Sutton ain't going nowhere.

Don't MAKE us fire up a banner or two!

MVChiefFan
10-31-2018, 09:22 AM

I actually saw on his Twitter, a Chiefs fan begging him to come back. He declined. It was hilarious!

O.city
10-31-2018, 09:23 AM
That's why he pays his agent.

If his agent doesn't have his eye on 2-3 years down the road just as much as he does the present, he's not a very good agent.

Now if he's only getting interest from a single team, that's a different story. But if there are 3-4 competing offers and some of them are 2 year deals, others aren't, well there are considerations from both sides.

I'm just wondering how the Chiefs can make their offer appear to be better than other interested teams. I don't see an obvious answer there because with a healthy Sorensen and emerging Lucas, not to mention DoD seemingly slotted into what would be Obi's best position, I don't see a clear path to long-term playing time here.

Well, the Chiefs do currently have a highly paid safety that may never play again, so there is that.

With the way the NFL is going, there will always be a spot for a freaky athletic dude like that in the secondary. Now, his instincts may be awful and that's a problem.

But I'd take a flyer and see what I could do with him.

T-post Tom
10-31-2018, 09:24 AM
Obi Melifonwu left Saints yesterday w/o a contract. Hopefully he doesn't still have health concerns. Some may say this workout is a sign that Berry won't be back anytime soon. :(

Warpaint69
10-31-2018, 09:31 AM
Obi Melifonwu left Saints yesterday w/o a contract. Hopefully he doesn't still have health concerns. Some may say this workout is a sign that Berry won't be back anytime soon. :(

Obi isnít an in the box safety, not very physical player. Looks like a athlete that can run and did much of his work in college in space using his athletic ability.

T-post Tom
10-31-2018, 09:34 AM
Obi isnít an in the box safety, not very physical player. Looks like a athlete that can run and did much of his work in college in space using his athletic ability.

He must not be too self-aware then, because he's stated in the past that he would prefer to play linebacker.

Detoxing
10-31-2018, 09:37 AM
He'd be the Kpasso of the secondary

Warpaint69
10-31-2018, 09:39 AM
He must not be too self-aware then, because he's stated in the past that he would prefer to play linebacker.

I watched the breakdown ESPN had when the Raiders drafted him, looked about like our players at times bouncing off opposing players with the ball. For a guy his size and speed you thought he would bring it, wasnít the case. One of his knocks was he needed to develop a physical ness.

Warpaint69
10-31-2018, 09:41 AM
He'd be the Kpasso of the secondary

Pretty much a spot on analogy. Many of the interceptions I saw him make in college was him being either single high or 2 deep collecting over thrown balls. Wasnít like he was coming up making plays on the ball.

ptlyon
10-31-2018, 09:43 AM
I watched the breakdown ESPN had when the Raiders drafted him, looked about like our players at times bouncing off opposing players with the ball. For a guy his size and speed you thought he would bring it, wasnít the case. One of his knocks was he needed to develop a physical ness.

Sounds like a perfect candidate for Suttonís scheme then. DO IT VEACH!

Stryker
10-31-2018, 09:46 AM
How long does it take to learn not to tackle?

This long - a visual - suit up!

http://www.animalliberationfront.com/ALFront/Actions-Portugal/portugal_bullfight.jpg

T-post Tom
10-31-2018, 09:46 AM

Well we certainly don't need any more of that. :) What we really need is a healthy safety that can read offenses and isn't out of position most of the time. And a guy that can make a play on the ball once in a while. Earl Thomas was that guy. :(

Melifonwu is athletic. Wow!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Raiders?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Raiders</a> officially signed former <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Giants?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Giants</a> CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.<br><br>Waived Safety/CB Obi Melifonwu. A 2nd round pick in 2017.<br><br>He&#39;s this guy<a href="https://t.co/YD7Jxtv4LC">pic.twitter.com/YD7Jxtv4LC</a></p>&mdash; Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1032726837514960898?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 23, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Titty Meat
10-31-2018, 09:47 AM
I think Joyner Lucas is coming back to earth his play was pretty poor Sunday. We dont have any other good safeties currently playing. Bring in Owi.

O.city
10-31-2018, 09:47 AM
I think Joyner Lucas is coming back to earth his play was pretty poor Sunday. We dont have any other good safeties currently playing. Bring in Owi.

He played like 8 snaps.

Warpaint69
10-31-2018, 09:48 AM
Well we certainly don't need any more of that. :) What we really need is a healthy safety that can read offenses and isn't out of position most of the time. And a guy that can make a play on the ball once in a while. Earl Thomas was that guy. :(

Melifonwu is athletic. Wow!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Raiders?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Raiders</a> officially signed former <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Giants?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Giants</a> CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.<br><br>Waived Safety/CB Obi Melifonwu. A 2nd round pick in 2017.<br><br>He&#39;s this guy<a href="https://t.co/YD7Jxtv4LC">pic.twitter.com/YD7Jxtv4LC</a></p>&mdash; Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1032726837514960898?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 23, 2018</a></blockquote>

Heís a physical freak for sure. Just think heís a bit of a project yet and wonít be any immediate help to us and our issues (Ron Parker and Eric Murray). I keep reading he played well in the box as a safety, from what I could find of him I never saw it. 🤷🏻*♂️

Detoxing
10-31-2018, 09:49 AM

lol he was barely out there at all.

ptlyon
10-31-2018, 09:51 AM
He played like 8 snaps.

8 snaps is a lifetime in Suttonís scheme of bouncy house the running back so they can get 8 yards a crack

htismaqe
10-31-2018, 09:53 AM
lol he was barely out there at all.

As long as Sutton is coaching the defense, that's probably what we're going to continue to see.

ptlyon
10-31-2018, 09:57 AM
As long as Sutton is coaching the defense, that's probably what we're going to continue to see.

I see you have come over to the dark side :reaper:

What has changed your mind? Or did we just wear you down?

htismaqe
10-31-2018, 09:59 AM
I see you have come over to the dark side :reaper:

What has changed your mind? Or did we just wear you down?

The Chiefs wore me down. As usual. :D

Mecca
10-31-2018, 10:04 AM
Melifonwu is young enough if you think something is there it's worth a go, his talent is high so if you like your coaching he's worth a look.

htismaqe
10-31-2018, 10:07 AM
Melifonwu is young enough if you think something is there it's worth a go, his talent is high so if you like your coaching he's worth a look.

;)

Blick
10-31-2018, 10:07 AM
Never heard of the LB. Anybody know anything about him?

Would take the safety. Even if he's raw and not ready to help on defense, a guy with his physical traits might still be able to help on special teams while he learns the defense. We have enough guys who are smart without great physical ability. I'll take big, strong, fast guys on defense all day. Everything else can be coached.

Mecca
10-31-2018, 10:09 AM
I mean honestly Obi has far more upside than a guy like Josh Shaw does.

Detoxing
10-31-2018, 10:09 AM
Never heard of the LB. Anybody know anything about him?

Would take the safety. Even if he's raw and not ready to help on defense, a guy with his physical traits might still be able to help on special teams while he learns the defense. We have enough guys who are smart without great physical ability. I'll take big, strong, fast guys on defense all day. Everything else can be coached.

I know that he was a Patriot. That's it.

Detoxing
10-31-2018, 10:10 AM
Apparently he was also a Bengal and a Lion.

MVChiefFan
10-31-2018, 10:12 AM
I don’t like that his name is just Flower instead of Flowers. To be more menacing, it really needs to be in multiples.

MVChiefFan
10-31-2018, 10:14 AM
I donít like that his name is just Flower instead of Flowers. To be more menacing, it really needs to be in multiples.

I just looked it up and it actually IS Flowers. Nevermind, crisis averted, we can sign him now.

O.city
10-31-2018, 10:20 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Former Eagles WR-PR Rashard Davis worked out for the Chiefs, according to a league source</p>&mdash; Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1057667631984066560?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 31, 2018</a></blockquote>

BlackOp
10-31-2018, 10:21 AM
I'd think bringing in Novorro Bowman for a look would be a good low cost move.

I was kind of surprised he hasn't been mentioned...he played really well for Oakland and can tackle.

saphojunkie
10-31-2018, 10:35 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tried telling yíall before the 2017 draft. Being a great athlete doesnít make you a good football player. Obi was never a good football player. Always a great athlete.</p>&mdash; Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) <a href="https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/1032736676815298560?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 23, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

On general principle, I listen to nothing this smarmy cunt has to say.

lawrenceRaider
10-31-2018, 10:38 AM
I hear Obi injured himself opening the door to the facility.

lawrenceRaider
10-31-2018, 10:40 AM
I was kind of surprised he hasn't been mentioned...he played really well for Oakland and can tackle.

He wants a pile of money to play and is fine with not playing if he doesn't get it.

saphojunkie
10-31-2018, 10:43 AM
I mean, he was misused as a hybrid S/CB in Oakland. If his hip is healthy, why couldn't he play the Sorenson role? He's the same size as DoD.

We need someone to smash RBs catching passes and patrol the short crossing patterns. It's not single-high deep stuff that is torching this defense.

MahiMike
10-31-2018, 10:45 AM
So we went from shopping at Walmart to Goodwill now?

Mecca
10-31-2018, 11:02 AM
He wants a pile of money to play and is fine with not playing if he doesn't get it.

He's not getting a pile of money from anyone, now if he were to sign somewhere and show something he might get something because of size and speed.

htismaqe
10-31-2018, 11:03 AM
I mean, he was misused as a hybrid S/CB in Oakland. If his hip is healthy, why couldn't he play the Sorenson role? He's the same size as DoD.

We need someone to smash RBs catching passes and patrol the short crossing patterns. It's not single-high deep stuff that is torching this defense.

Denver completed two 40+ yard pass plays right up the boundary.

Mecca
10-31-2018, 11:06 AM
Obi is one of those guys who could be a role player in sub packages...not a bad look.

The problem is this team needs Ron Parker off the field right now and good luck finding anyone to do that just sitting at home.

htismaqe
10-31-2018, 11:07 AM
Obi is one of those guys who could be a role player in sub packages...not a bad look.

The problem is this team needs Ron Parker off the field right now and good luck finding anyone to do that just sitting at home.

Time for Berry to get back on the field. Only option.

DJ's left nut
10-31-2018, 11:08 AM

Plays they don't complete if Murray is over there just being average.

Lucas/Murray/Sorensen will make a difference out there, I'm sure of it. We don't need excellence out there - we just need guys to be average. I absolutely believe they can pull that off.

O.city
10-31-2018, 11:26 AM
I still think itll be murray Sorenson and parker.

Chris Meck
10-31-2018, 11:36 AM
Murray is NOT average.

TambaBerry
10-31-2018, 11:38 AM
shit at this point play 3 fucking safeties and keep everything in front of you

TambaBerry
10-31-2018, 11:38 AM
if our safeties can't get to the boundaries because they're brokedicks then shorten the zone up some

Detoxing
10-31-2018, 11:41 AM
I still think itll be murray Sorenson and parker.

It will be.

No one is taking Parker's job. No one.

When Berry returns, it'll be Berry/Parker.

htismaqe
10-31-2018, 11:41 AM
It will be.

Yep.

htismaqe
10-31-2018, 11:42 AM
shit at this point play 3 fucking safeties and keep everything in front of you

They already play cover 2 with that goal in mind and guys still get behind them.

Titty Meat
10-31-2018, 11:44 AM
It will be.

That will be an absolute shit show.

saphojunkie
10-31-2018, 01:19 PM

Two plays. It's the countless 4-8 yard runs and 12 yard gains on short checkdown passes that concern me.

RunKC
10-31-2018, 01:33 PM
They already play cover 2 with that goal in mind and guys still get behind them.

I donít remember Parker ever being this bad. Itís not even like itís physical because heís just missing coverages.

Coach
10-31-2018, 01:34 PM
Fuck yes!

TO THE SHIP!

Spott
10-31-2018, 01:37 PM
Obi or not Obi?

Randallflagg
10-31-2018, 01:39 PM
Obi or not Obi?

"Help me Obi Wan Kinobi" You're our only hope!!

Apologies to that George Lucas guy..... ROFL

Chiefnj2
10-31-2018, 01:40 PM
Parker is good for 14 points every single game. Lucas should be playing.

Chiefnj2
10-31-2018, 01:43 PM
It's funny everyone is clamoring for Sorenson. 98% of this board wanted his ass gone at the end of last season, now he's some type of savior. Sutton's not going to change his scheme and he keeps trying to put square shaped safeties into circular shaped schemes.

Iczer
10-31-2018, 01:56 PM
It's funny everyone is clamoring for Sorenson. 98% of this board wanted his ass gone at the end of last season, now he's some type of savior. Sutton's not going to change his scheme and he keeps trying to put square shaped safeties into circular shaped schemes.

I think it's the lesser of evils..

This defense is bad, maybe incremental upgrades.

DJ's left nut
10-31-2018, 02:49 PM

When they say that you should never let perfect be the enemy of good, the implication is that you should also not let mediocre be the enemy of fucking abysmal.

Sorensen is a mediocre player and someone that a good team should be looking to upgrade on every season. But he's a damn sight better than Ron Parker. That doesn't make him any kind of panacea, but it makes him helpful. And if he can get the 2 obviously blown assignments that we can chalk up to Parker every game down to only 1 obviously blown assignment while also at least PRETENDING to care about run responsibility....well that's probably 50+ yards and a few points/gm.

He's not going to go out there and be Ed Reed, but he doesn't have to be. He just has to be better than really friggen bad.

Dirty Dan can manage that.

MVChiefFan
10-31-2018, 02:53 PM

Exactly. It’s not at all that we think Sorensen is awesome and going to save our defense. But, unfortunately, he’s better than everyone NOT named Eric Berry. So, yeah, get his ass out on the field and see what happens!

CoMoChief
10-31-2018, 03:17 PM
I thought losing Sorensen would be addition by subtraction. Was a big fan of the Watts pick. Was giddy about the possibility of a Watts/Berry combo patrolling the Chiefs secondary.

Then came the injuries...

I also didn't think the Chiefs would be scraping the barrel for S talent signing scrubs like Ron Parker, either. Now Sorensen looks like the best safety on the team, and that's bad. Sorensen wasn't bad when he had a healthy Allpro Eric Berry turning in a career season, playing beside him. But when he's asked to be "the guy", the guy looks lost, slow, misses tackles, takes bad angles etc. We all bitched about that last yr...it's not like that didn't happen, we all saw it.

Just goes to show ya how bad the Chiefs safety position really is.

Is it really an upgrade? I guess so.

Are they still going to have big problems in that area? You betcha.

Eric Berry needs to shit or get off the pot. I'm just so annoyed and fed up with way his issue is being handled, lack of info, return date TBD etc. His contract holds a shit ton of weight over this team, which makes matters 1000x worse.

Marcellus
10-31-2018, 03:21 PM
It will be.

Come on man, Parker was only signed after Sorenson got hurt.

Its Berry /Sorenson which is what the plan was going into the season.

The odd thing here is Ward. WTH happened to that dude not getting any playing time at CB? Why did we trade for him?

The Franchise
10-31-2018, 03:29 PM

The odd thing here is Ward. WTH happened to that dude not getting any playing time at CB? Why did we trade for him?

The future.

Mecca
10-31-2018, 03:48 PM

Once again they are really resistant to playing young guys early on.

Easy 6
10-31-2018, 03:52 PM
Obi Wan Melifukyou

Meh whatever, a combine warrior with terrible instincts... couldnt be any worse than Amerson I guess, we'll see

Neither of these guys would be of much help this year anyway

booger
10-31-2018, 04:07 PM
A taxi squad spot wouldn’t be a bad idea but he’s much more athlete than football player at this point. Has he even proven an ability to play special teams yet? At least Shaw who isn’t playing now can line up and know what to do at both S and CB. I don’t see a situation with the current S group where I would add another to the 53 with another guy who needs coached up big time. But PS sure.

Ward has been very willing on special teams and actually had 3 tackles in his first game active. Good gunner. He and Tremon Smith being active each week and Cleveland Zona and Oakland twice coming up it would benefit them greatly to sprinkle those two in at CB for a series not both at the same time but get them any snaps they can afford to so they are not going out there blind if/when they are called upon

Mecca
10-31-2018, 04:11 PM
Melifonwu is basically a role guy.

If you sign him you have to realize basically he should be played a lot like O'Daniel is. That has value if you get it cheap.

Simply Red
10-31-2018, 04:18 PM
He played like 8 snaps.

Yeah all indications say he's got talent - just can't ball that well.

KChiefs1
10-31-2018, 05:33 PM
I liked Obi coming out.

He'd have to take a long hard shower to get the Oakland stank off though.

He was supposed to be the Raiders answer to covering Kelce.

KChiefs1
10-31-2018, 05:34 PM
Obi is a big dude...like 6'3-6'4. Said during the combine that he felt more comfortable as a LB than in the secondary.

Lots of health issues, smells like Oakland. The measurables for him are pretty impressive, but he could just be a combine warrior.

TK & him were teammates right?

MIAdragon
10-31-2018, 05:35 PM
I donít remember Parker ever being this bad. Itís not even like itís physical because heís just missing coverages.

Heís always been fucking terrible

KChiefs1
10-31-2018, 05:35 PM

Raiders fans were touting that he could cover Kelce.

I like him.