PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who is the worst QB to ever start a game for the Chiefs?

carcosa
11-02-2018, 09:09 PM
Inspired by the "worst lineup" thread and in honor of the most talented QB in Chiefs history (Mahomes), I thought I'd see who Chiefs Planet dot com thinks is the worst QB to ever start a game for the Chiefs! I'm talking about pure lack of talent and ability; try not to let stuff like personality, salary, and other negative associations cloud your judgment.

(To demonstrate what I mean, I'm not even including Alex Smith, despite how much I hate that chump, because I know that there's absolutely no way he's the worst QB to start a game for the Chiefs, and in fact his pathetic ass is probably #5 behind Mahomes, Montana, Dawson, and Green)

Poll 2 crumb!

---

UPDATE

Here's the top five so far, with their career stats:

1. Tyler Palko (61 votes, 49.19%):
Starts: 4
Record: 1-3
2 touchdowns
7 interceptions
831 yards
C/A: 84/140 (60%)
QB rating: 60.7

2. Brodie Croyle (22 votes, 17.74%):
Starts: 10
Record: 0-10
8 touchdowns
9 interceptions
1,669 yards
C/A: 181/319 (56.7%)
QB rating: 67.8

3. Matt Cassel (11 votes, 8.87%):
Starts: 81 (47 with Chiefs)
Record: 36-45 (19-28 with Chiefs)
104 touchdowns (59 with Chiefs)
82 interceptions (44 with Chiefs)
C/A: 1,573/2,672 (58.9%)
QB rating: 78.6

4. Todd Blackledge (6 votes, 4.62%):
Starts: 29 (24 with Chiefs)
Record: 15-14 (13-11 with Chiefs)
29 touchdowns (26 with Chiefs)
38 interceptions (32 with Chiefs)
C/A: 424/881 (48.1%)
QB rating: 60.2

5. Brady Quinn (5 votes, 3.85%)
Starts: 20 (8 with Chiefs)
Record: 4-16 (1-7 with Chiefs)
12 touchdowns (2 with Chiefs)
17 interceptions (8 with Chiefs)
C/A: 296/550 (53.8%)
QB rating: 64.4

---

My main takeaway from those stats is: holy shit, Matt Cassel has been allowed to throw 2,672 passes in the NFL!!! And he's been PAID ACTUAL MONEY to do so!!!

Also, Brady Quinn's stats make a pretty strong case for deserving more votes. I think we all just kind of forgot he played in KC, but damn, he really did suck!

ChiefsCountry
11-02-2018, 09:11 PM
Matt Stevens in 1987.

Titty Meat
11-02-2018, 09:13 PM
Palko 2011

Deberg_1990
11-02-2018, 09:14 PM
Steve Pelluer

TambaBerry
11-02-2018, 09:14 PM
matt cassell

Hamwallet
11-02-2018, 09:15 PM
Mr Sweet Tea....

In58men
Brady Quinn

Whoever says Damon Huard can die in a fire.

DMAC
Matt Cassel. For a Bible of reasons.

Naptown Chief
11-02-2018, 09:16 PM
"Patrick Mahomes"
-other AFC West fans coming into the season

chuxtrux
11-02-2018, 09:17 PM
Warren Moon in 2000. His stat line was 12/31 130 yards. 0 TD 1 INT. The Chiefs lost to the San Diego Chargers. That was the Chargers only win that year.

Hydrae
11-02-2018, 09:17 PM
Even though I kind of liked him (and lusted after his wife as we all did) Brodie Croyle started 9 games for us and never won. Has to be a contender.

(Fan since 1990, never saw all the fail after Lenny)

Naptown Chief
11-02-2018, 09:18 PM
Selected other because you left one out.

Doctorie Peppers

Rasputin
11-02-2018, 09:18 PM
I think Dave Kreig led the league in fumbles his year or two with the Chiefs.

carcosa
11-02-2018, 09:19 PM
I omitted who I believe are pretty firmly the top 5 in franchise history (Mahomes, Montana, Dawson, Green, Smith) and Warren Moon, who was 60 years old when he started a game for the Chiefs but is a Hall of Famer. Everybody else, including an MVP (Gannon), a Super Bowl MVP (Foles), and the '87 replacement players, is fair game.

Cornstock
11-02-2018, 09:19 PM
I had to go with I can remember, 2000 and later. I picked Thiggy. He was a scrapper in the mold of Tebow; a try hard but no QB skills. Almost more of a bad running back who occasionally threw off of playaction.

Rasputin
11-02-2018, 09:20 PM
That is one sad shit list of quarterbacks

carcosa
11-02-2018, 09:21 PM
Warren Moon in 2000. His stat line was 12/31 130 yards. 0 TD 1 INT. The Chiefs lost to the San Diego Chargers. That was the Chargers only win that year.

He earned an exemption by being a Hall of Famer. Felt wrong to put him on the list, even though he was well past his prime when he was a Chief. But marking Other and making your case is great! Thank you!

carcosa
11-02-2018, 09:21 PM
I had to go with I can remember, 2000 and later. I picked Thiggy. He was a scrapper in the mold of Tebow; a try hard but no QB skills. Almost more of a bad running back who occasionally threw off of playaction.

That touchdown catch was pretty cool though.............

Deberg_1990
11-02-2018, 09:27 PM
Jaws.....heheh

Marty loved him some old veteran QB.

Sofa King
11-02-2018, 09:30 PM
Hard to argue against Brodie Croyle. Dude was terrible and never won.

lewdog
11-02-2018, 09:33 PM
I know he wasn't the worst but I absolutely loathed watching Brodie Croyle play football.

Cornstock
11-02-2018, 09:34 PM
Hard to argue against Brodie Croyle. Dude was terrible and never won.

I feel like he actually had a moderate amount of talent but was made of glass. Depends on the criteria, he would have been great in a 7v7 league :)

BottomShelfBoose
11-02-2018, 09:36 PM
Matt Cassel even though he can make a sand castle

Cornstock
11-02-2018, 09:39 PM
Brady Quinn

Whoever says Damon Huard can die in a fire.

I was at the game where Green went out with a concussion and Huard threw a bomb on his first play off the bench. He gained cult following status in that instant. Green came back in later, and in one of Arrowhead's lowlights was booed. Kennison went ape **** at the crowd... we deserved it.

But, bread and circuses. Bread and circuses.

frozenchief
11-02-2018, 09:53 PM
That is one sad ass list of QBs. Just reading that list and realizing those have been our QBs after Lenny (with a few exceptions) really explains a lot.

RINGLEADER
11-02-2018, 09:56 PM
Palko against the Steelers was the worst game I ever attended (even though the defense beat the holy hell out of Rothlisberger which was fun to watch).

RINGLEADER
11-02-2018, 09:59 PM

Thigpen was the Dino De Laurentiis Flash Gordon of the NFL. So bad yet entertaining in the same moment.

Naptown Chief
11-02-2018, 10:01 PM
That is one sad ass list of QBs. Just reading that list and realizing those have been our QBs after Lenny (with a few exceptions) really explains a lot.

It's so depressing to look at man. Thank God we have Pat. I feel we deserve him

Iconic
11-02-2018, 10:05 PM
Croyle, Thigpen, Cassel, Palko, Orton, and Quinn.

Can you believe we went through an entire stretch just of those guys?

We fucking deserved Mahomes for what we've been through man. Shits fucked up.

carcosa
11-02-2018, 10:05 PM
Selected other because you left one out.

Doctorie Peppers

What the HELL

carcosa
11-02-2018, 10:07 PM

The fact that Alex Smith is almost certainly a top 5 QB in franchise history is deeply upsetting

Cornstock
11-02-2018, 10:08 PM
Thigpen was the Dino De Laurentiis Flash Gordon of the NFL. So bad yet entertaining in the same moment.

This. He would pull something cool out of nowhere every once in a while, but a flaming pile of garbage 90% of the time.

I'll try and spin this for the positive. They ran such a college style of offense, and some of it even worked. The great minds of the NFL (Reid included) may have cherry picked some of the more successful parts and turned it into the kind of offense we're seeing today.

Rasputin
~Matt Blundin~

Why Not?
List is a little thicker than it should be. How someone could look at that list and pick Rich Gannon, Damon Huard, or Nick Foles would be beyond me.

Cornstock
11-02-2018, 10:11 PM

It feels so odd being so supremely confident going into games anymore. We definitely deserve it. So lucky to live during this time in Chiefs history. To hearken back to the "Who have we lost" thread, I wish the old timers could be around to see this.

Naptown Chief
11-02-2018, 10:16 PM
The fact that Alex Smith is almost certainly a top 5 QB in franchise history is deeply upsetting

No kidding man. I'm grateful for his part in bringing the franchise to mediocrity and for any help he gave Pat, but yeah.. When Alex Smith is arguably a franchise's top 5 QB, you've been through some shit.

Naptown Chief
11-02-2018, 10:19 PM
It feels so odd being so supremely confident going into games anymore. We definitely deserve it. So lucky to live during this time in Chiefs history. To hearken back to the "Who have we lost" thread, I wish the old timers could be around to see this.

It's an unbelievable feeling. As long as he's healthy I will never be afraid of any team. Even with our defense being as bad as it is we're 7-1. We're a Superbowl favorite with a defense that gave up nearly 200 yards to a pair of turd rookie running backs last week. We gave up 430 to Blake fuckin' Bortles.. In Pat I trust.

Naptown Chief
11-02-2018, 10:21 PM
What the HELL

I actually had some Dr Pepper with my dinner tonight. First time in probably 3-4 years? Don't know if it was that or the burger from Wendy's, but I took 2 massive shits afterwards. It wasn't diarrhea or I'd have updated your other thread

Easy 6
11-02-2018, 10:25 PM
Based on physical gifts, its gotta be Palko

rico
11-02-2018, 10:35 PM
Itís Palko...but I had to vote Cassel. Cassel wouldnít have the respectable career at Pitt that Palko had if roles were reversed... Palko beat out Joe Flacco at Pitt!!! Made him transfer!!! Cassel was beaten out every year by Palmer and....Linehart.

carcosa
11-02-2018, 10:39 PM
Itís Palko...but I had to vote Cassel. Cassel wouldnít have the respectable career at Pitt that Palko had if roles were reversed... Palko beat out Joe Flacco at Pitt!!! Made him transfer!!! Cassel was beaten out every year by Palmer and....Linehart.

Compelling argument!!

MMXcalibur
11-02-2018, 10:45 PM
Tyler Palko and it isn't even close.

I know Croyle never won and his bones were made of glass, but Palko was painful to watch.

New World Order
11-02-2018, 10:46 PM
Palko

MMXcalibur
11-02-2018, 10:48 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/U1XhGr8CWqvVC/giphy.gif

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-02-2018, 10:53 PM
Embarrassing that Falco AND Thigpen ever started a game

Buehler445
11-02-2018, 10:58 PM
The real answer is that fucking Practice Squad WR Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards brought in to trick the NFL with the option for that one game.

But from that list it’s Palko.

Bump
11-02-2018, 11:00 PM
I voted Cassel even though guys like Palko had worse starts but much much less of them, Cassel lingered around for so damn long..

WhiteWhale
11-02-2018, 11:09 PM
I started watching in about 89.

The worst I've seen is Tyler Palko.

It's not even close. When you make Matt Cassel look skilled by comparison, you're fucking terrible.

WhiteWhale
11-02-2018, 11:12 PM
Tyler Palko and it isn't even close.

I know Croyle never won and his bones were made of glass, but Palko was painful to watch.

Kc had to find someone as a back up who could never threaten Matt Cassel's starting job.

They succeeded. Like you said, it's not even close.

CoMoChief
11-03-2018, 12:10 AM
Wow that's a tough one.

I'd say Matt Cassel.

The game Eric Winston cried in the locker room afterwards, the one where it's argued that Cassel pussied out and took himself out of the game.

What people don't remember is that in the 1st half. The Chiefs did not pass the ball. The gameplan vs BAL that day IIRC was to just run it every play, prevent Cassel from having to drop back. When that's your key to victory on offense, you got yourselves a huge problem on your hands as an organization ROFL.

suzzer99
11-03-2018, 12:30 AM
Like any of you guys know Palko was worse than (checks notes) ... Frank Seurer.

Otter
11-03-2018, 12:30 AM
Matt Cassel was the most painful for me. I couldn't even watch that guy.

notorious
11-03-2018, 03:50 AM
I don’t blame Cassel for sucking. I blame the piece of shit GM for forcing him down our throats.

big nasty kcnut
11-03-2018, 04:03 AM
Blackledge fuck that guy mr don't get me a autograph yet len dawson, paul palmer, mike bell, and others did.

milkshock
11-03-2018, 05:02 AM
Seurer

HemiEd
11-03-2018, 06:35 AM
Tyler Palko and it isn't even close. Agreed. It was Haley giving the finger to Pioli, the Chiefs and the world.
I was so pissed after driving all the way to Green Bay for the preseason game and Haley played Palko. :cuss:

Reerun_KC
11-03-2018, 06:40 AM
In com plete poll.

Alex always will be. He was a colossal chicken shit in most games.

shakesthecat
11-03-2018, 06:52 AM
Palko with whoever was wearing Warren Moon's jersey that game against SD a close 2nd.

Three7s
11-03-2018, 06:54 AM
In com plete poll.

Alex always will be. He was a colossal chicken shit in most games.
It's not about the QB you hate the most, it's about the QB that is literally horrific in every phase of the game.

It's Palko and it's really not close.

rico
11-03-2018, 06:56 AM
Compelling argument!!

Iím gonna really lay it out... gonna really put myself out there for Palko being better than Cassel... ROFL I canít believe my life has reached a point or situation where I am making a legit ďPalko is better than anyone who has ever started a game in the NFLĒ argument because holy shit, he sucked... he was better than 1 QB who has ever started a game for any team in the history of the NFL...and that QB is Matt Cassel...

Here is my argument:

To get this out of the way, Cassel gets no credit for 2010. That was a fluke year... his stats were padded as a result of Moeaki and Dwayne Bowe making the most insane acrobatic catches in the end zone where they repetitively cleanly fielded terribly thrown passes (they were able to make these catches, presumably because they became accustomed to them for thatís all they saw from Cassel). That combined with the fact that Jamaal Charles was a home run threat every time he touched the ball and defenses played accordingly, yeah... there should be an asterisk in the NFL statistical reference books for Casselís 2010 season due to how deceptive the stats are.

It can not be contested that Palko looked terrible at the NFL level. This was evident to anyone watching. It was also frustrating as hell to guys like me who were itching to watch the Stanzi City Chiefs, which never happened.

Cassel was AIDS. Palko was a terrible case of syphillus that we didnít have to put up with as long. Palkoís suckage was tough enough to play a role in killing Al Capone...Cassel single-handedly killed Freddy Mercury. How dare you, Matty Melt!!!

Ok, so they were BOTH shitty QBís that played for the Chiefs. Just terrible. So what makes one worse than the other? Well, Palko was a decorated, successful QB at Pittsburgh. Cassel didnít start in college. He was beaten out by Carson Palmer and Matt Linehart his entire collegiate career. So the next question should be, ďhow would Cassel have done if he and Palko switched places...Palko at USC, Cassel at Pittsburgh?Ē My guess is that he would have had a much worse career than Palko... Cassel probably would have been beaten out by Joe Flacco. Thereís no way a future Super Bowl MVP like Flacco would have been beaten out by a goofus like Matt Cassel. And somehow, Tyler Palko managed to do it. This was a guy who when playing for the Chiefs, looked so clueless and appeared to be equipped with an arm that was more noodleiscious than Mr. Noodle from Sesame Street...a guy that when throwing a bubble screen, it appeared as if he was putting everything he had into it. Not only did he manage to beat out Flacco and force him to transfer, but he also completed his NCAA career (where he started 3 seasons) and threw for 66 TDís, 25 INTís, 12 rushing TDís and had the 4th best passing efficiency in the entire NCAA as a Senior. He is ranked number 2 in Pittsburgh QB history in total touchdowns and total passion yardage behind only Dan Marino (by a measly 254 yards). And the Pitt fans loved him...yes, Palko...the guy who appeared so inept as a Chiefs QB, that you wondered if he was capable of feeding himself, was beloved by the Pitt fanbase because of his grit, toughness (tough as hell, I mean the guy played a role in killing Al Capone for fucks sake) and all-around swag...all traits that Cassel seems to be lacking terribly...especially the swag. Palkoís grit, toughness and swag are evident in the following YouTube clips (this is why Pitt fans loved him):

The grit/toughness:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mwkQ_i6eetE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The swag (he was so proud of his fucking team):

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KZimUZMGBu4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here are a couple of clips of Casselís lack of swag:

Swagadelically challenged:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sDTDJ1w_GV8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NEYDVB8qdqM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2E7EnBP3ruc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If Matt Cassel retires today (Palko is already done), Palko would be the one with the better football career, for what he did at Pitt was 100x more impressive than anything Cassel has done in the NFL. Palko is the better football player.

Matt Cassel is the worst QB to ever start a game for the Chiefs.

rico
11-03-2018, 07:03 AM
Wow that's a tough one.

I'd say Matt Cassel.

The game Eric Winston cried in the locker room afterwards, the one where it's argued that Cassel pussied out and took himself out of the game.

What people don't remember is that in the 1st half. The Chiefs did not pass the ball. The gameplan vs BAL that day IIRC was to just run it every play, prevent Cassel from having to drop back. When that's your key to victory on offense, you got yourselves a huge problem on your hands as an organization ROFL.

I mentioned this game a couple months ago!! Glad someone remembers it. It was fucking...bizarre. There was a moment in that game that goes down as probably the single most excruciating moment Iíve ever witnessed in a Chiefs game... the Chiefs did that weird ďrun the ball every playĒ thing the entire first half as you mentioned. They actually managed to make it to the 1 yard line with this game plan at one point when Cassel FUMBLED THE FUCKING BALL!!! It was literally impossible for him to avoid fucking up. Pass the ball, fuck up and get your WRís killed. Donít pass at all, fumble on the 1 yard line...Matt Cassel, ladies and gentlemen.

rico
11-03-2018, 07:05 AM
Here is a link to that play I am talking about:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap1000000077777/Cassel-fumbles-at-Ravens-1-yard-line

Most pathetic thing I’ve ever witnessed in sports.

Direckshun
11-03-2018, 07:35 AM
I am not aware of anyone prior to Marty, so it’s got to be Palko.

Bwana
11-03-2018, 07:37 AM
There are some real humps on that list, but I had to go with Palko. Huard looked really bad back in the day, but I remember our line was so bad, that he had like half of a second to release the ball or he had 4 guys on him. It was like there was no OL at all, so I had to cut him some slack for that.

As far as pure distain, Cassel would be at the top of my list. We had some decent teams with him under center and he would always find a way to choke and screw up the game. Talk about stealing a paycheck.

RaidersOftheCellar
11-03-2018, 07:48 AM
Don't know the first few but they couldn't have been worse than Palko.

RaidersOftheCellar
11-03-2018, 07:51 AM
There are some real humps on that list, but I had to go with Palko. Huard looked really bad back in the day, but I remember our line was so bad, that he had like half of a second to release the ball or he had 4 guys on him. It was like there was no OL at all, so I had to cut him some slack for that.

As far as pure distain, Cassel would be at the top of my list. We had some decent teams with him under center and he would always find a way to choke and screw up the game. Talk about stealing a paycheck.

Huard was solid in 06. I have fond memories of that year. 07 wasn't his fault.

rico
11-03-2018, 07:51 AM
I am. It aware of anyone prior to Marty, so itís got to be Palko.

Some Palko and Cassel numbers compared to each other:

Career passing percentage:

Palko- 60%

Cassel- in 4 years for the Chiefs, his passing percentage bottomed out at 55.5% in 2009 and topped out at 59.5% in an abysmal 2011 campaign where he completed 59.5%.

Palko passer rating in his first year playing QB for the Chiefs: 83.6

Casselís passer rating in his first year for the Chiefs: 69.9

Tyler threw 7 INTís for the Chiefs in his career...

Cassel threw 44 in his Chiefs days!!!

:D

Naptown Chief
11-03-2018, 08:36 AM
Iím gonna really lay it out... gonna really put myself out there for Palko being better than Cassel... ROFL I canít believe my life has reached a point or situation where I am making a legit ďPalko is better than anyone who has ever started a game in the NFLĒ argument because holy shit, he sucked... he was better than 1 QB who has ever started a game for any team in the history of the NFL...and that QB is Matt Cassel...

Here is my argument:

To get this out of the way, Cassel gets no credit for 2010. That was a fluke year... his stats were padded as a result of Moeaki and Dwayne Bowe making the most insane acrobatic catches in the end zone where they repetitively cleanly fielded terribly thrown passes (they were able to make these catches, presumably because they became accustomed to them for thatís all they saw from Cassel). That combined with the fact that Jamaal Charles was a home run threat every time he touched the ball and defenses played accordingly, yeah... there should be an asterisk in the NFL statistical reference books for Casselís 2010 season due to how deceptive the stats are.

It can not be contested that Palko looked terrible at the NFL level. This was evident to anyone watching. It was also frustrating as hell to guys like me who were itching to watch the Stanzi City Chiefs, which never happened.

Cassel was AIDS. Palko was a terrible case of syphillus that we didnít have to put up with as long. Palkoís suckage was tough enough to play a role in killing Al Capone...Cassel single-handedly killed Freddy Mercury. How dare you, Matty Melt!!!

Ok, so they were BOTH shitty QBís that played for the Chiefs. Just terrible. So what makes one worse than the other? Well, Palko was a decorated, successful QB at Pittsburgh. Cassel didnít start in college. He was beaten out by Carson Palmer and Matt Linehart his entire collegiate career. So the next question should be, ďhow would Cassel have done if he and Palko switched places...Palko at USC, Cassel at Pittsburgh?Ē My guess is that he would have had a much worse career than Palko... Cassel probably would have been beaten out by Joe Flacco. Thereís no way a future Super Bowl MVP like Flacco would have been beaten out by a goofus like Matt Cassel. And somehow, Tyler Palko managed to do it. This was a guy who when playing for the Chiefs, looked so clueless and appeared to be equipped with an arm that was more noodleiscious than Mr. Noodle from Sesame Street...a guy that when throwing a bubble screen, it appeared as if he was putting everything he had into it. Not only did he manage to beat out Flacco and force him to transfer, but he also completed his NCAA career (where he started 3 seasons) and threw for 66 TDís, 25 INTís, 12 rushing TDís and had the 4th best passing efficiency in the entire NCAA as a Senior. He is ranked number 2 in Pittsburgh QB history in total touchdowns and total passion yardage behind only Dan Marino (by a measly 254 yards). And the Pitt fans loved him...yes, Palko...the guy who appeared so inept as a Chiefs QB, that you wondered if he was capable of feeding himself, was beloved by the Pitt fanbase because of his grit, toughness (tough as hell, I mean the guy played a role in killing Al Capone for ****s sake) and all-around swag...all traits that Cassel seems to be lacking terribly...especially the swag. Palkoís grit, toughness and swag are evident in the following YouTube clips (this is why Pitt fans loved him):

The grit/toughness:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mwkQ_i6eetE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The swag (he was so proud of his ****ing team):

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KZimUZMGBu4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here are a couple of clips of Casselís lack of swag:

Swagadelically challenged:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sDTDJ1w_GV8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NEYDVB8qdqM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2E7EnBP3ruc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If Matt Cassel retires today (Palko is already done), Palko would be the one with the better football career, for what he did at Pitt was 100x more impressive than anything Cassel has done in the NFL. Palko is the better football player.

Matt Cassel is the worst QB to ever start a game for the Chiefs.

:clap: I'll accept this submission.

Kiimosabi
11-03-2018, 08:46 AM
Matt Cassel had a year with 27 touchdowns and 7 INT for a 93 rating.

Matt Cassel is NOT the worst QB to play for the Chiefs. He may be the most annoying one, but not anywhere close.

Matt Cassel is 7th all time in Chiefs touchdowns. I mean don't get me wrong, I hated him. But I hated a lot of people more.

Remember what the Chiefs were trotting out there before Schottenheimer and DeBerg? I do.

rico
11-03-2018, 08:58 AM
Matt Cassel had a year with 27 touchdowns and 7 INT for a 93 rating.

Matt Cassel is NOT the worst QB to play for the Chiefs. He may be the most annoying one, but not anywhere close.

Matt Cassel is 7th all time in Chiefs touchdowns. I mean don't get me wrong, I hated him. But I hated a lot of people more.

Remember what the Chiefs were trotting out there before Schottenheimer and DeBerg? I do.

If you take away Jamaal Charles and the acrobatic catches made by Dwayne Bowe and Tony Moeaki that year, he probably would have thrown for 15 INT's and like...2 TD's....

oldman
11-03-2018, 09:01 AM
I threw out all the replacement players as well as ones that were successful with other teams. Then I threw out the backups that were only here for a season or two (I admit I had to look up a couple) and came up with my finalists. As much as I'd like to give the honor to Brokie Croyle (0-9), it has to be Tyler Palko. He just took QB play to a new low level.

rico
11-03-2018, 09:04 AM
I threw out all the replacement players as well as ones that were successful with other teams. Then I threw out the backups that were only here for a season or two (I admit I had to look up a couple) and came up with my finalists. As much as I'd like to give the honor to Brokie Croyle (0-9), it has to be Tyler Palko. He just took QB play to a new low level.

Palko learned how to be shitty by sitting on the bench and being mentored by Cassel!!!

Palko was the pathetic karate student.

Cassel was the sensei who also happened to be pathetic at martial arts/karate.

I think it's more pathetic for a sensei to be terribad at what he's teaching than someone who is trying to learn...from someone who is terribad.

I wonder what Palko could have done if he were sitting behind Tom Brady for a couple years?!?!

notorious
11-03-2018, 09:08 AM
Should bump my Cassel thread the day Pioli traded for him.

So much stupidity.

Kiimosabi
11-03-2018, 09:09 AM
If you take away Jamaal Charles and the acrobatic catches made by Dwayne Bowe and Tony Moeaki that year, he probably would have thrown for 15 INT's and like...2 TD's....

I mean that's funny but you can't believe that. Can't believe I'm on CP at 8 in the morning on a Saturday defending Matt Fucking Cassel but these hot takes are wrong sooooo

rico
11-03-2018, 09:10 AM
Man... some of these guys I haven't even heard of....

Frank Seurer
Doug Hudson
Eddie Wilson
Pete Beathard
Jackie Lee
Matt Stevens

Wow...who the hell are those people?!?! They sound terrible...like, just by reading their names, you can tell that they were awful.

Frank Seurer...it reminds me of a hot dog in a sewer. Blech.

rico
11-03-2018, 09:11 AM
I mean that's funny but you can't believe that. Can't believe I'm on CP at 8 in the morning on a Saturday defending Matt ****ing Cassel but these hot takes are wrong sooooo

I'm having fun. :D

Really though...do you think Cassel would have beaten out Palko and Flacco at Pitt? It's a weird thing to think about.

rico
11-03-2018, 09:13 AM
Should bump my Cassel thread the day Pioli traded for him.

So much stupidity.

You should.

The main thing I remember from that is Hootie having one of the first responses... I think he was like, "you're shitting me..." LMAO

Dante84
11-03-2018, 09:14 AM
The real answer is that ****ing Practice Squad WR Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards brought in to trick the NFL with the option for that one game.

But from that list itís Palko.

THIS GUY IS THE ANSWER

what was his name??

notorious
11-03-2018, 09:15 AM
Famous SI writer Peter King had his tongue so far up Pioli's ass he picked the Chiefs to win the division several times.

I think they went dead last both time he predicted it. Stupid Patriot-way AIDS infested cunt.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
11-03-2018, 09:17 AM
While I still stand with my pick of Brodie Croyle (the ONLY NFL Quarterback to lose every game he started (min 10 games)), I will say the worst single game performance isn't listed here.

The great Warren Moon was obviously running on fumes when he started his one and only game with the Chiefs, leading us to be the 1 in the 1-15 season for the San Diego Chargers. He looked old, lost, and had no arm strength that day. I have never felt sorry for an NFL player before, but he absolutely looked like he had NO business out there that day.

And for all of those hating on Mike Livingston - I still remember, if not for him filling in for several games while Len Dawson was hurt, the Chiefs do NOT get to the Super Bowl that year. The trouble with Mike was he got old on the bench waiting for Dawson to retire.

notorious
11-03-2018, 09:17 AM
Chiefs scored 212 ****ing points in 2011.

Mahomes lead Chiefs scored more points in one game than the 2011 team did in a 6 game stretch before Haley got fired.

That's a wonderful Palko/Cassel shit sandwich.

rico
11-03-2018, 09:36 AM
Famous SI writer Peter King had his tongue so far up Pioli's ass he picked the Chiefs to win the division several times.

I think they went dead last both time he predicted it. Stupid Patriot-way AIDS infested ****.

Peter King...loved reading his MMQB articles... then he sucked the AIDS out of Pioli's penis for so long...it kind of put a damper on some of his future articles, even though they were still good.

Buehler445
11-03-2018, 09:48 AM
THIS GUY IS THE ANSWER

what was his name??

Maurice Hagans. 2008.

Credit to Cow Pollinator. He remembered. He also remembered boozing hard to dull the pain.

notorious
11-03-2018, 10:07 AM
Remember when Herm went full wildcat, Bueh? LMAO

KChiefs1
11-03-2018, 10:08 AM
Palko 2011

Without question, Palko is the answer.

I know Mike Livingston is revered for helping the Chiefs during the 1969 season but the dude wasn't a good QB. When I was a kid & you went from Lenny to this dude. It's a wonder I never gave up on them.

Livingston had more int's than td's in his career! Think about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

notorious
11-03-2018, 10:11 AM
Remember when Herm went full wildcat, Bueh? LMAO

I just read your post in the other thread after posting this. That's scary.

KChiefs1
11-03-2018, 10:23 AM
While I still stand with my pick of Brodie Croyle (the ONLY NFL Quarterback to lose every game he started (min 10 games))

And for all of those hating on Mike Livingston - I still remember, if not for him filling in for several games while Len Dawson was hurt, the Chiefs do NOT get to the Super Bowl that year. The trouble with Mike was he got old on the bench waiting for Dawson to retire.

I know he gets credit for going 6-0 during that stretch but you do realize he was playing with one of the greatest defenses of all-time that season. I remember those games he started & it was the defense that won those games. Back in those days it was defense that won in the 70's NFL. QB's were all game managers. Livingston couldn't manage his way out of a wet paper bag.

jjjayb
11-03-2018, 10:25 AM
Blackledge, because he kept the Chiefs from drafting a 1st round QB for so many years.

Indian Chief
11-03-2018, 10:48 AM
That I have seen, Palko. The tough thing with this is that a lot of these guys were before my time. My earliest football memories are in the early 90s, so a bunch of these names have no meaning to me.

rico
11-03-2018, 10:53 AM
There were times in the Cassel-Palko era where it seriously looked like you could likely find some drunk guy in the stands to do a better job at QB than them.

WhiteWhale
11-03-2018, 10:54 AM
Blackledge, because he kept the Chiefs from drafting a 1st round QB for so many years.

Ugh.

Blackledges sucking did have MAJOR long term consequences that cast a big shadow over every other QB failure.

I mean yeah Palko is probably the worst actual QB, but he was some scrub that cost nothing who was never expected to succeed. He had no impact on the franchise beyond a few embarrassing games. Blackledge's failure left this franchise snakebitten for 30 years.

I want to change my vote.

scho63
11-03-2018, 11:33 AM
Brodie Croyle 0-10 as a starter. /thread

Tyler Thigpen and Tyler Palko are the Tyler Twin Disasters for sure but Brodie is the QB Chump

gblowfish
11-03-2018, 12:23 PM
I voted for Palko. Haley played him to give a big FU to Pioli right before he got whacked. Threw away a game just to piss off his boss. That pissed me off.

Palko was no brain surgeon...

http://i67.tinypic.com/2e6brz8.gif

rico
11-03-2018, 12:27 PM
Honest question...how did Palko do so well at Pitt? Like how was he capable of it?

Imon Yourside
11-03-2018, 01:27 PM
Mike Livingston Career
G 91 QBrecord 31-43-1 Cmp% 52.1 Yds 11295 TD 56 Int 83

Brodie Croyle Career
G 18 QBrecord 0-10-0 Cmp% 56.7 Yds 1669 TD 8 Int 9

Gotta go with Livingston, Dad had season tix back then and we were one of about 5k fans out there for every game. It's a wonder i didn't despise football living through that. Livingston was almost 2 to 1 Int to TD's and played way too long.

I would have said Cassel as he played way too long sucking but he did have a good year, still one of my most hated Chiefs QB's cuz he outlived his suck ability. Should have been spotted and told to GTFO after his first year or so.

Imon Yourside
11-03-2018, 01:36 PM
Man... some of these guys I haven't even heard of....

Frank Seurer
Doug Hudson
Eddie Wilson
Pete Beathard
Jackie Lee
Matt Stevens

Wow...who the hell are those people?!?! They sound terrible...like, just by reading their names, you can tell that they were awful.

Frank Seurer...it reminds me of a hot dog in a sewer. Blech.

Frank played 2 games and went to KU, can't hate on the guy. :D

lcarus
11-03-2018, 01:36 PM
I chose Palko. I'm too young to remember anything after about 1993. Thigpen actually played well a few times that year he started.

Rasputin
11-03-2018, 01:46 PM
I really want to vote for Elvi Grrrbitch he was a cancer to the team.

I think it was Steve Bono who didn't like KC BBQ that should make him worst person to ever live.

Iconic
11-03-2018, 02:31 PM
Blackledge over Jim Kelly and Dan Marino.

Talk about a historical blunder. Wonder why talent evaluators had him ranked so high.

YontsRBake
11-03-2018, 02:45 PM
Can’t believe people are actually saying Thigpen. We would have won more games with 2008 Thigpen the last few years than Alex.

kysirsoze
11-03-2018, 02:52 PM
I was at the game where Green went out with a concussion and Huard threw a bomb on his first play off the bench. He gained cult following status in that instant. Green came back in later, and in one of Arrowhead's lowlights was booed. Kennison went ape **** at the crowd... we deserved it.

But, bread and circuses. Bread and circuses.

I was at that game and I booed. I didn't boo Trent. I booed Herm. Pretty sure that was what everyone was doing. Sorry if Trent's feelings were hurt, but there ya go.

Palko by a mile, btw.

rico
11-03-2018, 02:58 PM
I really want to vote for Elvi Grrrbitch he was a cancer to the team.

I think it was Steve Bono who didn't like KC BBQ that should make him worst person to ever live.

My favorite memory of GirlbacÖ.the sexiest athlete award. LMAO

rico
11-03-2018, 03:01 PM
Elvis GrbacÖ."His Personality Makes Him Sexy." LMAO

https://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/191418/19981116-750-941.jpg?_ga=2.3951472.1124183019.1541278823-1872903561.1493556233

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-03-2018, 03:02 PM
Palko wasn't even a CFL QB.

Pablo
11-03-2018, 03:02 PM
No Alice Smiff??????????

Pole Fail!!

But it's Palko. My god, that's a serious shit list there. Amazingly bad all the way through.

rico
11-03-2018, 03:06 PM
Palko wasn't even a CFL QB.

LMAO Dude was CUT from the California Redwoods of the United Football League AND the Montreal Allouettes of the CFL BEFORE landing a job as the Chiefs backup!!!! Just what kind of fucked up shit IS that?!?!?!?!?! ROFL

TinyEvel
11-03-2018, 03:28 PM
What's the statistical data to back it up? The the top 5 in the poll here and run the numbers and add to the OP. C'mon

MahiMike
11-03-2018, 03:39 PM
Holy crap that's a lot of fail.

carcosa
11-03-2018, 03:41 PM
What's the statistical data to back it up? The the top 5 in the poll here and run the numbers and add to the OP. C'mon

I will add the the top 5 w/numbers to the the poll asap! Thank you for the the fun suggestion

HemiEd
11-03-2018, 03:50 PM
I voted for Palko. Haley played him to give a big FU to Pioli right before he got whacked. Threw away a game just to piss off his boss. That pissed me off.

Palko was no brain surgeon...

http://i67.tinypic.com/2e6brz8.gif

Q :D we have been following the same team.

HemiEd
11-03-2018, 03:52 PM
Blackledge over Jim Kelly and Dan Marino.

Talk about a historical blunder. Wonder why talent evaluators had him ranked so high.

Measurables. I heard Shula floated rumors about Marino to make him drop. Pot was the devil.

carcosa
11-03-2018, 04:32 PM
Updated the OP with some fun stats!

DaNewGuy
11-03-2018, 04:45 PM
Palko threw that cool hail Mary to Dex against chicago, that was kinda cool but I pick him

Otter
11-03-2018, 05:14 PM
LMAO Dude was CUT from the California Redwoods of the United Football League AND the Montreal Allouettes of the CFL BEFORE landing a job as the Chiefs backup!!!! Just what kind of fucked up shit IS that?!?!?!?!?! ROFL That's exactly why I don't think Palko was the worst: expectations were so low. </br></br> Matt "Howdy Fucking Doody" Cassel cost: </br></br> On July 14, 2009, the Chiefs signed Cassel to a six-year, $62.7 million contract that included $28 million in guaranteed money, and $40.5 million in total compensation in the first three seasons. And the 34th overall selection.And sucked so bad it's disturbing to recall. He was bloody, corn laden, turd, on top of the Aids & Antifreeze cake.

kysirsoze
11-03-2018, 06:09 PM
That's exactly why I don't think Palko was the worst: expectations were so low. </br></br> Matt "Howdy Fucking Doody" Cassel cost: </br></br> And sucked so bad it's disturbing to recall. He was bloody, corn laden, turd, on top of the Aids & Antifreeze cake.

Cassel was far more damaging to the Chiefs as a franchise, but Palko is responsible for maybe the worst professional quarterback play I've ever seen.

ChiefBlueCFC
11-03-2018, 06:29 PM
Insert QB from 2008-2012. Just take your pick, legit serious case for every single one. I loved Tyler Thigpen but come on lmao