PDA

View Full Version : Football Playoff status & early predictions

JD10367
11-05-2018, 08:54 AM
The way the AFC currently sits, it’s clear who the haves and have-nots are. I think the current seedings are pretty much how it’ll end up.

1. Chiefs
2. Patriots
3. Steelers
4. Texans
5. Chargers
6. Bengals

The NFC picture is much tougher. I’m going with...

1. Rams
2. Saints
3. Vikings
4. Eagles
5. Panthers
6. Bears

This would set up Cincy @ Pitt, SD @ Houston, Chicago @ Minny, and Carolina @ Philly. I think the Chargers and Panthers would win as road teams, setting up a next round of SD @ KC, Pitt @ NE, Carolina @ LAR, and Minny @ NO. That would be four awesome semifinal games with eight worthy teams.

tooge
11-05-2018, 09:08 AM
obviously, the biggest game left on the schedule is LAC. Win that one, and you get a home game, and maybe more.

Raytownxx
11-05-2018, 09:09 AM
Love how our season is going so far and the offense is incredible. However Iím still not sold on our defense at all. I donít see us winning any playoff game against the Steelers . Patriot etc( battle hardened perennial playoff teams) if Andy doesnít come up with a solution to our defense dilemma then I see our season ending just like many others before. Stellar season and one win or loss in the playoffs. You cannot trade touchdowns with the Browns and think you are gonna go far against much better teams

Best22
11-05-2018, 09:21 AM
Love how our season is going so far and the offense is incredible. However I’m still not sold on our defense at all. I don’t see us winning any playoff game against the Steelers . Patriot etc( battle hardened perennial playoff teams) if Andy doesn’t come up with a solution to our defense dilemma then I see our season ending just like many others before. Stellar season and one win or loss in the playoffs. You cannot trade touchdowns with the Browns and think you are gonna go far against much better teams

We smoked Pitt and almost beat New England on a day Mahomes had an off night

The past is irrelevant. We have Mahomes. “Trade touchdowns with the Browns?” The last time Denver won a Superbowl Cleveland took them to overtime, and that was before Mayfield and Landry.

Kansas City is the team to beat in the AFC

chinaski
11-05-2018, 09:23 AM
Love how our season is going so far and the offense is incredible. However Iím still not sold on our defense at all. I donít see us winning any playoff game against the Steelers . Patriot etc( battle hardened perennial playoff teams) if Andy doesnít come up with a solution to our defense dilemma then I see our season ending just like many others before. Stellar season and one win or loss in the playoffs. You cannot trade touchdowns with the Browns and think you are gonna go far against much better teams

Quit being such a Debbie Downer. Defenses across the board suck. Watch some other games and you will see for yourself. We already beat the Steelers. We hung with the Patriots just fine and barely lost that game. The Browns are actually a fairly decent team, and we rolled those guys fairly easily. We weren't trading touch downs with them.

RunKC
11-05-2018, 09:24 AM
Besides Chiefs PTSD, only 2 things worry me:

1. Playing in New England (we’ll get fucked by the refs)
2. Playing the Steelers again

Get HFA and none of those 2 happen.

JD10367
11-05-2018, 09:25 AM
obviously, the biggest game left on the schedule is LAC. Win that one, and you get a home game, and maybe more.

Rams, Chargers, and Seahawks are the only challenges left for the Chiefs, and I don't see them losing more than one of those. The Patriots still have the Vikings and Steelers on the schedule and I see them losing one of them, so the Chiefs would still finish 14-2 vs. 13-3. But let's say the Chiefs lose two of those; the only thing that flips is the Pats have the #1 seed and the Chiefs have the #2. They're still getting a home game and a bye.

carlos3652
11-05-2018, 09:25 AM
We are 3-1 vs playoff teams so far, 3 of those games coming on the road.

I have never felt more confident in this team.

bowener
11-05-2018, 09:26 AM

I think Andy's plan is to just outscore everyone. It isn't a great plan, but I'd give us the edge over any team if we are at Arrowhead. I also believe Berry will return for the playoffs with his heel so shot up with lidocaine he won't even be aware he has a lower appendage. Having him on the field calling out audibles will help greatly, as well as hard fucking hits and our DBs knowing he has their back.

Dante84
11-05-2018, 09:28 AM

The past is irrelevant. We have Mahomes. “Trade touchdowns with the Browns?” The last time Denver won a Superbowl Cleveland took them to overtime, and that was before Mayfield and Landry.

Kansas City is the team to beat in the AFC

To play devil’s advocate:

- Pitt: We has an early season surprise in our favor for Pitt. No one knew what we had yet except the Chiefs coaching staff. Pitt didn’t know what they had in their RB yet. They are still a scary team, although we are better.

- NE: Mahomes had an off-half because they made him have an off-half. We adjusted, but they were creative and threw him off. Also, watching NE’s game last night made me very scared for our defense. Those trick plays would have destroyed us.

- Chargers: they scare me because if their WR’s showed up to that game, it would have been a different story. They are in sync now, and will have Bosa back. I still think we are better.

Chiefs4TheWin
11-05-2018, 09:29 AM
Defense will screw us at some point. It's a damn shame. I am enjoying the ride though!

carcosa
11-05-2018, 09:30 AM
We are 3-1 vs playoff teams so far, 3 of those games coming on the road.

I have never felt more confident in this team.

YES!

TwistedChief
11-05-2018, 09:43 AM

We've beaten the Steelers on the road. We've beaten the Chargers on a neutral field. We took the Patriots to the last minute in NE. We broke the Jaguars.

No one is "sold" on the defense. But we have Mahomes so to equate this at all with prior seasons is entirely missing the point: WE NOW HAVE THE BEST PLAYER ON THE FIELD ON OUR TEAM EVERY GAME WE PLAY FROM HERE ON OUT. That will get us farther than the last few seasons.

carcosa
11-05-2018, 09:45 AM
We've beaten the Steelers on the road. We've beaten the Chargers on a neutral field. We took the Patriots to the last minute in NE. We broke the Jaguars.

No one is "sold" on the defense. But we have Mahomes so to equate this at all with prior seasons is entirely missing the point: WE NOW HAVE THE BEST PLAYER ON THE FIELD ON OUR TEAM EVERY GAME WE PLAY FROM HERE ON OUT. That will get us farther than the last few seasons.

HELL YES!!!

Iczer
11-05-2018, 10:14 AM

The thing is, KC's defense could get better. Get a healthy Houston back... Sorenson could actually help. I'm thinking the lesser of evils at this point.

Dare I say it, Eric Berry as well?

ptlyon
11-05-2018, 10:17 AM
The thing is, KC's defense could get better. Get a healthy Houston back... Sorenson could actually help. I'm thinking the lesser of evils at this point.

Dare! Dare!

ChiefGator
11-05-2018, 10:52 AM
We still have the following upcoming AFC games this season as well:

Patriots - Steelers
Steelers - Chargers
Steelers - Bengals
Chargers - Bengals
Chargers - Chiefs

Those games are going to loom large on who gets which seeds.

WhiteWhale
11-05-2018, 10:54 AM
I think Andy's plan is to just outscore everyone. It isn't a great plan, but I'd give us the edge over any team if we are at Arrowhead. I also believe Berry will return for the playoffs with his heel so shot up with lidocaine he won't even be aware he has a lower appendage. Having him on the field calling out audibles will help greatly, as well as hard ****ing hits and our DBs knowing he has their back.

Outscoring your opponent is a great plan.

It's actually how every single team wins every single game. It's the singular goal of the entire contest.

TwistedChief
11-05-2018, 11:02 AM

The defense will get better if/when Houston and Sorenson return. I don't think any of us can have much hope for Berry to come back and then it's a question of what shape he's in, but if he's 80% of his old self, it's going to be a huge upgrade.

I do think the defense has slowly improved over the last several weeks as players have gelled and some of our young players have gotten more experience. We're not far from being at least somewhat serviceable, and that's really all we need with this offense.

I thought we tackled a lot better yesterday and that was a step in the right direction.

RaidersOftheCellar
11-05-2018, 11:04 AM

First of all, 37-21 isn't trading touchdowns. Second, if they had needed more scores, they could have easily put more on the board. They've been able to score virtually whenever they needed to.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-05-2018, 11:06 AM
Patriots will probably win out so we have to also if we want the #1 seed

We lose to the Chargers and it blows our seeding big time.

Wallcrawler
11-05-2018, 11:17 AM
The only thing that can stop KC is if Andy goes full Reidtard. Like...calling a QB run on 2nd and 8, getting Mahomes blasted and put into a concussion protocol. Why that fat insane **** is running the league mvp when he could just throw is quite beyond my comprehension.

If KC is by some turn of events like this down late, and it requires the D to get a stop against a playoff caliber offense, I don't see that happening.

Right now we have a guy that completely hides Andy's complete shit situational football intellect. Mahomes is so good, calling anything you want works. Those qb designed runs though, that's just pure, unadulterated dumb****ery right there.

I mean, WHY?

Someone should explain risk/reward to this dumbass. Hunt, Ware, Hill, Watkins, plenty of dudes available to run the ball.

Only one MVP qb.

htismaqe
11-05-2018, 11:18 AM
Patriots will probably win out so we have to also if we want the #1 seed

We lose to the Chargers and it blows our seeding big time.

Lost to the Chargers and the Chiefs could realistically be the THIRD seed.

O.city
11-05-2018, 11:26 AM

The Chargers are a bit scary to me. I know "Chargers lol" and all but they look pretty solid and their schedule is pretty meh.

sedated
11-05-2018, 11:26 AM

I'm not sure why the narrative that we almost beat NE exists. And that goes for this year and 2015 playoffs. They were in complete control the entire time.

O.city
11-05-2018, 11:29 AM
I'm not sure why the narrative that we almost beat NE exists. And that goes for this year and 2015 playoffs. They were in complete control the entire time.

2015, sure.

This year? Nah. That was back and forth in the 4th quarter.

ptlyon
11-05-2018, 11:31 AM
We still have the following upcoming AFC games this season as well:

Patriots - Steelers
Steelers - Chargers
Steelers - Bengals
Chargers - Bengals
Chargers - Chiefs

Those games are going to loom large on who gets which seeds.

Quick math whizzes - what are the two common denominators in this equation?

htismaqe
11-05-2018, 11:32 AM

This.

CupidStunt
11-05-2018, 11:37 AM
I don't care about any of these hypotheticals. At Arrowhead KC is beating anyone they play. On the road they're beating anyone they play, unless it's at NE, in which case my concern is the same as everyone else. We'll have to be at least 10-14 points better than them to make up for the ref advantage, and to do that we'll definitely need the D to get better.

carcosa
11-05-2018, 11:40 AM
I'm not even remotely worried about beating the Chargers in Arrowhead in primetime. That's a W.

Best22
11-05-2018, 11:44 AM

KC led in the 4th quarter 33-30

Brady officially was credited with a 4th quarter comeback

Game was anything but in control

The point is that KC can beat anyone and KC fans need to accept this

htismaqe
11-05-2018, 11:46 AM
KC led in the 4th quarter 33-30

Brady officially was credited with a 4th quarter comeback

Game was anything but in control

The point is that KC can beat anyone and KC fans need to accept this

A 4th quarter comeback that everybody in the USA knew was going to happen. That's the problem.

CaliforniaChief
11-05-2018, 12:01 PM
The Chargers are good. No doubt. But I think people are overvaluing their win in Seattle based on old facts.

Yes, winning on the road is always tough. Seattle is a hostile environment for sure.

But you guys, the Seahawks were TERRIBLE yesterday. Other than the first drive and at the end when the Chargers dropped back into a shell, they had NO offense. Wilson made terrible choices, threw one of the worst pick-sixes I've ever seen, ran backwards all day, missed open receivers, etc. They were penalized all over the place, and the defense, while still good, isn't what it once was.

We beat the Chargers at Arrowhead West, we'll beat them at Arrowhead, and if we have to, we'll beat 'em again in the playoffs.

htismaqe
11-05-2018, 12:02 PM
The Chargers are good. No doubt. But I think people are overvaluing their win in Seattle based on old facts.

Yes, winning on the road is always tough. Seattle is a hostile environment for sure.

But you guys, the Seahawks were TERRIBLE yesterday. Other than the first drive and at the end when the Chargers dropped back into a shell, they had NO offense. Wilson made terrible choices, threw one of the worst pick-sixes I've ever seen, ran backwards all day, missed open receivers, etc. They were penalized all over the place, and the defense, while still good, isn't what it once was.

We beat the Chargers at Arrowhead West, we'll beat them at Arrowhead, and if we have to, we'll beat 'em again in the playoffs.

Yep.

carcosa
11-05-2018, 12:04 PM

The Seahawks are absolute doo doo diarrhea diaper trash.

carcosa
11-05-2018, 12:05 PM
Yep.

yip

Gravedigger
11-05-2018, 12:10 PM
Chargers are on borrowed time.

Why Not?
11-05-2018, 12:10 PM
Chargers cannot beat KC with Andy as the HC. Have a quick glance at the won loss record between these two teams since Andy has been here. Rams are very beatable. They struggled with the awful Seahawks and anyone who has watched football the past decade knows they were losing the Packers game if Ty Montgomery wasn’t a broke dick. I’m certainly not counting the Rams as an automatic win but many(not necessarily here but nationally)are counting it as an automatic Chiefs loss and I don’t see it that way at all

Pats at Steelers is hardly a gimme for the Pats. Weirdly they seem to suck half the time at Miami as well.

carcosa
11-05-2018, 12:13 PM
Chargers cannot beat KC with Andy as the HC. Have a quick glance at the won loss record between these two teams since Andy has been here. Rams are very beatable. They struggled with the awful Seahawks and anyone who has watched football the past decade knows they were losing the Packers game if Ty Montgomery wasnít a broke dick. Iím certainly not counting the Rams as an automatic win but many(not necessarily here but nationally)are counting it as an automatic Chiefs loss and I donít see it that way at all

Pats at Steelers is hardly a gimme for the Pats. Weirdly they seem to suck half the time at Miami as well.

I'm pretty confident about the Rams game. Probably still the least confident of all the remaining games, but confident nonetheless. Mahomes > Goff, Hill > Cooks, Watkins > Kupp, Kelce > Whoever their TE is. Gurley is maybe better than Hunt, but not by much.

It'll be a fun one, that's for sure.

ChiefGator
11-05-2018, 12:13 PM
Quick math whizzes - what are the two common denominators in this equation?

Each matchup features a team with eight letters in their name?

BigRedChief
11-05-2018, 12:16 PM

1. Playing in New England (weíll get fucked by the refs)

Get HFA and none of those 2 happen.we lose to the Rams and to SD, we are the WC. :shake:

htismaqe
11-05-2018, 12:17 PM
we lose to the Rams and to SD, we are the WC. :shake:

This is true.

I also agree with carcosa on the Rams game and the Chargers aren't winning at Arrowhead.

I think this team can finish 15-1. Realistically speaking.

ARROW2
11-05-2018, 12:19 PM
This is true.

I also agree with carcosa on the Rams game and the Chargers aren't winning at Arrowhead.

I believe they WILL finish 15-1 and WILL go to the SB. Fuck the bullshit. We would HAVE to validate a record like that or else we still don't get respect.

RaidersOftheCellar
11-05-2018, 12:59 PM
New England was completely in control. Even when they had fewer points.

Derp.

MMXcalibur
11-05-2018, 01:35 PM

1. Playing in New England (we’ll get fucked by the refs)

Get HFA and none of those 2 happen.

"And once again, the Patriots show how self-disciplined they are with zero committed penalties in a 51-48 win over the Kansas City Chiefs here in the AFC Championship Game. The Chiefs were flagged 32 times for 5287509285709571 yards."

Simply Red
11-05-2018, 01:39 PM
yip

all drank to that!

TwistedChief
11-05-2018, 01:46 PM
This.

Youíre too smart and thoughtful to ďThisĒ that post.

Jason Avant was our star receiver in that 2016 playoff game at NE that, yes, the Patriots controlled. In the meantime, we beat them soundly to kick off 2017 and barely lost a few weeks ago.

Thereís no delusion coming from Chiefs fans. Just unbridled optimism thanks to Mahomes.

RunKC
11-05-2018, 01:48 PM
This is true.

Good chance if we beat the Rams IMO.

Itís basically just the Rams and Ravens that pose the biggest threats. Does anyone think the Chargers will win on a short week against Andy Reid at Arrowhead? I donít.

We will also have 10 days to prepare for Seattle. Weíll be ready for that one. Aside from that, itís the Cardinals and Raiders 2X.

carcosa
11-05-2018, 01:49 PM

Itís basically just the Rams and Ravens that pose the biggest threats. Does anyone think the Chargers will win on a short week against Andy Reid at Arrowhead? I donít.

We will also have 10 days to prepare for Seattle. Weíll be ready for that one. Aside from that, itís the Cardinals and Raiders 2X.

I'm really not worried about the Ravens, either. Mahomes eats good defenses for breakfast, lunch, AND dinner. Plus it's at Arrowhead. Plus Flacco.

Rams are the only team that bother me, and even then I feel pretty good about a win.

htismaqe
11-05-2018, 01:53 PM

I think the Ravens are frauds. People look at the Ravens and want so bad to believe that great defenses can still win games. They're 4-5 for a reason.

TwistedChief
11-05-2018, 01:55 PM
I'm really not worried about the Ravens, either. Mahomes eats good defenses for breakfast, lunch, AND dinner. Plus it's at Arrowhead. Plus Flacco.

Rams are the only team that bother me, and even then I feel pretty good about a win.

We play our game and we can beat anyone. Mahomes is still ďyoungĒ so weíre all open to a meltdown game, but the further we go in the season, the less likely that appears. I canít imagine fans of any team in history have ever felt so confident on 3rd and 20+ as we do now...

I desperately want HFA because we deserve that playoff win at home, but I genuinely think we will beat anyone in our way, be it Gillette, Heinz, or other.

htismaqe
11-05-2018, 01:56 PM
Youíre too smart and thoughtful to ďThisĒ that post.

Jason Avant was our star receiver in that 2016 playoff game at NE that, yes, the Patriots controlled. In the meantime, we beat them soundly to kick off 2017 and barely lost a few weeks ago.

Thereís no delusion coming from Chiefs fans. Just unbridled optimism thanks to Mahomes.

Nobody said one thing about the 2017 game, it's irrelevant to the discussion.

The 2018 game was 24-9 at halftime. Despite Mahomes playing lights out in the 2nd half, did you HONESTLY think Brady was going to be denied?

Best22
11-05-2018, 02:00 PM

The 2018 game was 24-9 at halftime. Despite Mahomes playing lights out in the 2nd half, did you HONESTLY think Brady was going to be denied?

I did, because we have Mahomes.

And Mahomes last pass against New England was a 75 yard touchdown. Hopefully we wonít allow 43 points next time

You need to get on the Mahomes train already

TwistedChief
11-05-2018, 02:07 PM

The post you commented on referenced the 2015 [sic] playoff game. And you supported its content.

I guess if you pick and choose games that suit the narrative itís all easier. Ignore Chiefs wins and focus on the losses and our organization has been an epic failure.

We couldíve won that game last month. They did but we were right there. The Patriots are hardly unbeatable.

Let me ask you a question. Super Bowl last year. Fourth quarter. Set up for more Brady magic. I went to bed. I told my wife, ďI know how this ends.Ē And, well, I was wrong. The torch passes. The Patriots magic is great and impressive but all good or bad things must come to an end.

And Mahomes is gonn flip the ****ing script.

RunKC
11-05-2018, 02:27 PM
I think the Ravens are frauds. People look at the Ravens and want so bad to believe that great defenses can still win games. They're 4-5 for a reason.

Welp LMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Per <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ESPNStatsInfo</a>, the only time a team has fired its Super Bowl-winning coach during a season was 1972, when the Baltimore Colts removed Don McCafferty after five games <a href="https://t.co/cvZGGgrSGW">https://t.co/cvZGGgrSGW</a></p>&mdash; Jamison Hensley (@jamisonhensley) <a href="https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/status/1059521028718764034?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 5, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

carcosa
11-05-2018, 02:33 PM
Welp LMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Per <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ESPNStatsInfo</a>, the only time a team has fired its Super Bowl-winning coach during a season was 1972, when the Baltimore Colts removed Don McCafferty after five games <a href="https://t.co/cvZGGgrSGW">https://t.co/cvZGGgrSGW</a></p>&mdash; Jamison Hensley (@jamisonhensley) <a href="https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/status/1059521028718764034?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 5, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'd maybe be slightly more concerned if they actually started Lamar Jackson. Maybe.

Naptown Chief
11-05-2018, 02:35 PM

What a terrible first post. Quit while you're ahead or take some prosac

saphojunkie
11-05-2018, 02:42 PM
This.

Not this.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-05-2018, 02:57 PM
If youíve got Houston and Sorensen back along with potentially Berry, and you donít suffer any other significantly game changing injuries... hard to see KC being worse than 14-2.

Weíre gonna have to earn HFA and thatís the way it should be.

idrapethat
11-05-2018, 02:59 PM
Unfortunately, I have to root for the steelers two different times in the coming weeks

Naptown Chief
11-05-2018, 03:17 PM
Not this.

ROFL

CasselGotPeedOn
11-05-2018, 03:18 PM
I'd maybe be slightly more concerned if they actually started Lamar Jackson. Maybe.

Wat. We would intercept Jackson at least 4 times.

Naptown Chief
11-05-2018, 03:19 PM
Unfortunately, I have to root for the steelers two different times in the coming weeks

It's been so weird rooting for the likes of Baltimore, Green Bay, and Seattle. That said, my second favorite team is whoever is playing New England, Pittsburgh, or LA

Chiefnj2
11-05-2018, 03:23 PM
Yay Panthers, Titans, Raiders.

ChiefGator
11-05-2018, 04:43 PM
Yay Panthers, Titans, Raiders.

Yep! I could see the Panthers winning... that is about it.

Saints should help bury the Bengals too i think.

ThaVirus
11-05-2018, 04:56 PM
The only thing that can stop KC is if Andy goes full Reidtard. Like...calling a QB run on 2nd and 8, getting Mahomes blasted and put into a concussion protocol. Why that fat insane **** is running the league mvp when he could just throw is quite beyond my comprehension.

If KC is by some turn of events like this down late, and it requires the D to get a stop against a playoff caliber offense, I don't see that happening.

Right now we have a guy that completely hides Andy's complete shit situational football intellect. Mahomes is so good, calling anything you want works. Those qb designed runs though, that's just pure, unadulterated dumb****ery right there.

I mean, WHY?

Someone should explain risk/reward to this dumbass. Hunt, Ware, Hill, Watkins, plenty of dudes available to run the ball.

Only one MVP qb.

It adds another wrinkle to our offense.

It's not like Reid's out here calling designed QB keepers. They're option plays, many of them with two or three options, and he trusts Pat not to get himself blasted into next week.

You've got to let the dudes play. Can't wrap the man in bubble wrap.

Chargers are on borrowed time.

Yep. No one talks about this, but Rivers is old as balls and they've done absolutely nothing to replace him. They'll be an annoyance for another year tops then they'll be back to hunting for a franchise QB again.

Chiefshrink
11-05-2018, 06:12 PM
We definitely cannot afford to lose a game because the Pats have the tie-breaker.

htismaqe
11-05-2018, 06:22 PM
I did, because we have Mahomes.

And Mahomes last pass against New England was a 75 yard touchdown. Hopefully we wonít allow 43 points next time

You need to get on the Mahomes train already

What does Mahomes have to do with the defense yielding the game at the end? I'm on the Mahomes train. He doesn't play freaking defense. ROFL

The post you commented on referenced the 2015 [sic] playoff game. And you supported its content.

I guess if you pick and choose games that suit the narrative itís all easier. Ignore Chiefs wins and focus on the losses and our organization has been an epic failure.

Because its content is correct. For those two games. I didn't author the post, I just agreed with it. If you have a problem with the omission of other games from that post, I suggest you talk to the person that wrote it. I just agreed with it.

We couldíve won that game last month. They did but we were right there. The Patriots are hardly unbeatable.

Sure, they could have won. But EVERYBODY knew New England was going to score. Or are you going to try and tell me that there weren't 100 instantaneous "they scored too quick" posts right after Tyreek scored?

Let me ask you a question. Super Bowl last year. Fourth quarter. Set up for more Brady magic. I went to bed. I told my wife, ďI know how this ends.Ē And, well, I was wrong. The torch passes. The Patriots magic is great and impressive but all good or bad things must come to an end.

And Mahomes is gonn flip the ****ing script.

Eagles 2017 defense >>>>>> Chiefs 2018 defense. It's that simple.

OnTheWarpath15
11-05-2018, 06:32 PM
Rams, Chargers, and Seahawks are the only challenges left for the Chiefs, and I don't see them losing more than one of those. The Patriots still have the Vikings and Steelers on the schedule and I see them losing one of them, so the Chiefs would still finish 14-2 vs. 13-3. But let's say the Chiefs lose two of those; the only thing that flips is the Pats have the #1 seed and the Chiefs have the #2. They're still getting a home game and a bye.

If the Seahawks are a challenge, this season is fucked.

New World Order
11-05-2018, 06:34 PM
I'm probably the only one but I think that AFC list is better than the NFC.

Chiefs and Patriots vs Rams and Saints is a tossup.

Steelers, Texans and Chargers are better than the 3-6 seeds from the NFC.

big nasty kcnut
11-05-2018, 06:34 PM
We'll be fine. the chiefs are awesome!

staylor26
11-05-2018, 06:38 PM
2015, sure.

This year? Nah. That was back and forth in the 4th quarter.

Didn’t we have the lead late in the 4th?

LMAO

How did we not almost win?

Naptown Chief
11-05-2018, 06:41 PM
We'll be fine. the chiefs are awesome!

YAS!

Naptown Chief
11-05-2018, 06:41 PM
Didnít we have the lead late in the 4th?

LMAO

Spoiler:
We almost won

htismaqe
11-05-2018, 06:50 PM
Didnít we have the lead late in the 4th?

LMAO

Seriously, don't be stupid.

The very SECOND Tyreek scored, the game thread ERUPTED into "we scored too fast".

EVERYBODY here knew what was going to happen. I was one of the FEW who said to take the score and take your chances with Brady. I was wrong. They lost.

Everybody here was freaking out when they scored "too soon" but of course in hindsight, everybody wants to pretend that it didn't happen EXACTLY they way it did happen.

ROFL

htismaqe
11-05-2018, 06:51 PM
Spoiler:
We almost won

Almost! Because that counts in football! ROFL

Naptown Chief
11-05-2018, 07:02 PM
Almost! Because that counts in football! ROFL

I didn't say it counts. I was merely agreeing that we did in fact almost win.

Edit: I left out the passive aggressive ROFL
Edit 2: Forgot to tell you to drink AIDS laced antifreeze

htismaqe
11-05-2018, 07:08 PM
I didn't say it counts. I was merely agreeing that we did in fact almost win.

Edit: I left out the passive aggressive ROFL
Edit 2: Forgot to tell you to drink AIDS laced antifreeze

You're starting to think like a CP veteran. :thumb:

In all seriousness, it was almost a win but the fact is, they lost. And at the time that it happened, it was a shotgun blast of "scored too quick" posts.

Everybody can say now that it was anybody's game but when it happened, people knew Brady was going to score and win the game. Otherwise, there wouldn't have been such a reaction to Tyreek's TD.

Naptown Chief
11-05-2018, 07:30 PM
You're starting to think like a CP veteran. :thumb:

In all seriousness, it was almost a win but the fact is, they lost. And at the time that it happened, it was a shotgun blast of "scored too quick" posts.

Everybody can say now that it was anybody's game but when it happened, people knew Brady was going to score and win the game. Otherwise, there wouldn't have been such a reaction to Tyreek's TD.

I absolutely agree. While I hoped, and wished, and prayed to every God that ever was, is, or will be, I knew God damned well what was going to happen. As I was hootin' and hollerin' at Hill charging down the sidline, I quickly looked to the clock and muttered...fuck, shit, piss, cock, balls, cunt, etc, etc.

The worst part was knowing this D had zero chance of stopping it. Hopefully, if/when we see them again, we'll have more of a cushion in the 4th. We'll see

jjkrueg
11-05-2018, 09:13 PM

Actually the 5 seed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk