PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Sorenson Officially Activated off of IR, Nate Orchard Waived

chinaski
11-06-2018, 10:02 AM
Per Chiefs Twitter

staylor26
11-06-2018, 10:03 AM
I’m guessing this means he will play this week

I wonder what safety gets the axe if/when Berry returns

DaFace
11-06-2018, 10:05 AM
Iím guessing this means he will play this week

Probably depends on how confident they are he'll hold up. If they think he's fine, I think Parker is gone. If they think he'll continue to have to nurse his heel, I could see one of the younger guys getting the axe.

chiefforlife
Iím guessing this means he will play this week

They dont need to release a player when Berry returns so, why would they?

srvy
Nate Orchard we hardly knew ya. But you must have been rotten fruit that fell out of the tree.

allen_kcCard

This

Marcellus
11-06-2018, 10:06 AM

Winner.

DaFace
11-06-2018, 10:06 AM

Ha. You're right. I'm dumb.

Detoxing
11-06-2018, 10:07 AM
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/rl0FOxdz7CcxO" width="480" height="328" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/excited-ron-paul-its-happening-rl0FOxdz7CcxO">via GIPHY</a></p>

staylor26
11-06-2018, 10:12 AM

Damn you’re right I forgot they don’t have to

But are we really going to keep 6 safeties? LMAO

Simply Red
11-06-2018, 10:12 AM
I bet he's out there some vs Cards.

htismaqe
11-06-2018, 10:14 AM
Damn youíre right I forgot they donít have to

But are we really going to keep 6 safeties? LMAO

My guess is that Shaw is the odd man out if/when Berry comes back. They won't cut Parker given what's happened with Berry this season. Jordan Lucas is a keeper.

Bewbies
11-06-2018, 10:14 AM
When our defense looks better than it has all year on Sunday blame Sorenson. Definitely not the Cardinals _ffense. Definitely not that.

Dante84
11-06-2018, 10:15 AM
Need the dirty dan karate chop gif

Edit: found it.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Please tell me we aren’t going to ignore what Daniel Sorensen just did here. <a href="https://t.co/GJRRXLTxus">pic.twitter.com/GJRRXLTxus</a></p>&mdash; Ryan Crawford (@ryancrawford42) <a href="https://twitter.com/ryancrawford42/status/912070092170629120?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 24, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

OKchiefs
11-06-2018, 10:16 AM
Should have waived Zombo instead.

The Franchise
I've never been so excited to see a mediocre safety in my life.

Marcellus
My guess is that Shaw is the odd man out if/when Berry comes back. They won't cut Parker given what's happened with Berry this season. Jordan Lucas is a keeper.

Yea I can see this, Shaw has barely played.

smithandrew051
11-06-2018, 10:17 AM
Anyone wanna buy my Nate Orchard jersey? I’ll give you a good deal.

htismaqe
11-06-2018, 10:17 AM
Yea I can see this, Shaw has barely played.

They technically don't have to cut anybody when Berry comes back but I could see them wanting to clear safeties to make room for another position, like maybe another interior offensive lineman.

loochy
11-06-2018, 10:19 AM
Who would have thought that we'd eve see the day when "Sorenson Officially Activated off of IR, Nate Orchard Waived" is exciting and hopeful news
Posted via Mobile Device

oldman
11-06-2018, 10:19 AM
I am not holding my breath on Berry. But if he does and LDT comes back, it may not be a safety. We're still carrying 4 RBs and the Sausage and we're not letting him go.

Simply Red
11-06-2018, 10:20 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Please tell me we arenít going to ignore what Daniel Sorensen just did here. <a href="https://t.co/GJRRXLTxus">pic.twitter.com/GJRRXLTxus</a></p>&mdash; Ryan Crawford (@ryancrawford42) <a href="https://twitter.com/ryancrawford42/status/912070092170629120?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 24, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

LMAO

Forgot about that

htismaqe
11-06-2018, 10:25 AM
Judo CHOP!!!

ROFL

Marcellus
11-06-2018, 10:28 AM
They technically don't have to cut anybody when Berry comes back but I could see them wanting to clear safeties to make room for another position, like maybe another interior offensive lineman.

Yea I just don't see them carrying so many safeties. Then again Berry wont be playing ST so they might.

petegz28
11-06-2018, 10:29 AM

Needs to be to start knocking some rust off

Jerok
11-06-2018, 10:31 AM
Getting ready for the superbowl. Sorenson is our savior.

Blech please dont make me say that again.

King_Chief_Fan
11-06-2018, 10:32 AM
He isnt that good.
We need Berry, not Dan

carcosa
11-06-2018, 10:34 AM
IT'S GOO TIME!!!

Simply Red
11-06-2018, 10:35 AM
I won't say that I'm hard - but my penis is a little less wrinkled.

oldman
11-06-2018, 10:36 AM
He isnt that good.
We need Berry, not Dan

He can tackle. That alone makes him good.

Simply Red
11-06-2018, 10:41 AM
I bet he's feeling an internal hero type of feeling. They should run him out of the tunnel in a cape.

DaFace
11-06-2018, 10:43 AM
He can tackle. That alone makes him good.

Yep. I think of him as helping our run defense more than anything. On obvious passing plays, I'd still hope Lucas gets some time back there. Sorensen's not great if you put him back deep.

In58men
11-06-2018, 10:43 AM
Lets goooooooo!!!!!!!!

Simply Red
11-06-2018, 10:45 AM
Yep. I think of him as helping our run defense more than anything. On obvious passing plays, I'd still hope Lucas gets some time back there. Sorensen's not great if you put him back deep.

yip

Simply Red
11-06-2018, 10:46 AM
Lets goooooooo!!!!!!!!

yip

loochy
11-06-2018, 10:46 AM
Yea I just don't see them carrying so many safeties. Then again Berry wont be playing ST so they might.

FYP
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus
11-06-2018, 10:48 AM
FYP
Posted via Mobile Device

You want to make a 1 year Avatar bet on this?

Simply Red
11-06-2018, 10:52 AM

aww shittttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

loochy

no.
Posted via Mobile Device

staylor26

Itís hialrious that people really think heís not going to play one snap.

So theyíre knowingly getting our hopes up for nothing?

Simply Red
11-06-2018, 10:54 AM

loochy just acts like a spoiled brat sometimes, plus he gay.

htismaqe
11-06-2018, 10:58 AM

Who is "they"?

I'm not in the camp that the Chiefs are lying. I'm also not in the camp that Berry is a wuss. So let's not go there.

I think it's fairly self-evident that the Chiefs thought he would play long before now but have left it up to him. I think there's a decent chance he doesn't play a down. If they Chiefs had known up front he wouldn't play until after the bye, don't you think they would have put him on IR?

Marcellus
11-06-2018, 10:58 AM
no.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ah I see then.

There once was a poster named loochy
Who claimed Berry was a big giant coochie
But when it came time,
To put his Av on the line,
He showed who is actually the pussy

:D

staylor26
11-06-2018, 11:07 AM
Who is "they"?

I'm not in the camp that the Chiefs are lying. I'm also not in the camp that Berry is a wuss. So let's not go there.

I think it's fairly self-evident that the Chiefs thought he would play long before now but have left it up to him. I think there's a decent chance he doesn't play a down. If they Chiefs had known up front he wouldn't play until after the bye, don't you think they would have put him on IR?

The team/organization. They continue to leak out optimsitic reports about Berry playing. Where else do you think Mellinger got that from? They wouldn’t do that if he weren’t going to play.

loochy
11-06-2018, 11:09 AM
Ah I see then.

But when it came time,

Say what you want
but we're in the hunt
while he stays day to day
everyone else will play
but on this bet i just decide to punt
Posted via Mobile Device

Lzen
11-06-2018, 11:09 AM
no.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bock, bock, bock, bucock!!

DaFace
11-06-2018, 11:10 AM
The team/organization. They continue to leak out optimsitic reports about Berry playing. Where else do you think Mellinger got that from? They wouldnít do that if he werenít going to play.

Yep. Even Mellinger conceded that we've heard that he was "getting better" before, but this is the first time he's had someone give him a timeline. According to his source, Houston and Sorensen will play this weekend in a limited capacity (not a huge leap there, obviously), and Berry will play "in November." I know it's a bit of a joke at this point, but I do believe the team thinks he'll play soon.

Lzen
11-06-2018, 11:11 AM
Say what you want
but we're in the hunt
everyone else will play
Posted via Mobile Device

Wise man.

MahiMike
11-06-2018, 11:13 AM
LMAO

Forgot about that

I think about it every time I hear his name. Was in a sports bar with other chiefs fans and we were all asking each other what we just saw. Best thing was no flag. Lol

DaFace
11-06-2018, 11:14 AM
If they Chiefs had known up front he wouldn't play until after the bye, don't you think they would have put him on IR?

I think there's nuance to that. Yes, they could have put him on IR, but if they thought he would PROBABLY be able to go before week 8, they might not have done it even if there was still a 50%+ chance that he'd be down past week 8.

First, that would have burned one of our "to return" spots, and Sorensen just took the other one, so we wouldn't have had any flexibility to bring back LDT or some of the others later this year. But in addition, putting someone on IR means they can't practice. And while, yes, Berry hasn't technically been practicing, it's pretty clear he's been spending a lot of time with the team. I don't know the intricacies of the rules, but I bet they wanted him to be able to be around even if he wasn't practicing. After all, half of the reason he's on the team is that he's the emotional leader of our defense, so in theory he adds some value even standing on the sideline.

Frazod
11-06-2018, 11:18 AM

Perfect game for that.

carcosa
11-06-2018, 11:19 AM
yip

yop

redhed
11-06-2018, 11:34 AM
ELBOW SMASH -point- SORENSON!!

chiefzilla1501
11-06-2018, 11:36 AM
He isnt that good.
We need Berry, not Dan

He's a good add. We need Sorenson too. If Sorenson has to play every snap like last year, we're fucked. Thankfully, we seem in a much better position to allow Sorenson toj go back to being a role player. He was fine enough like that.

CupidStunt
11-06-2018, 11:37 AM
The Great White Hope!

Molitoth
11-06-2018, 11:40 AM
Ah I see then.

But when it came time,

Say what you want
but we're in the hunt
everyone else will play
Posted via Mobile Device

Haha, nice job to the both of you!

Now;

If Dane were here... He'd call you both queers.
In his usually way to consider you gay.
But he left like a bitch and dropped the baton,
Who's a good replacement to call you both BUTTFUCKING MORONS?

htismaqe
11-06-2018, 11:40 AM
He's a good add. We need Sorenson too. If Sorenson has to play every snap like last year, we're fucked. Thankfully, we seem in a much better position to allow Sorenson toj go back to being a role player. He was fine enough like that.

We are? He's going to start and play a ton of snaps ahead of all of the youngsters. That's the pattern they've displayed so far anyway...

ping2000
11-06-2018, 11:59 AM
Should have waived Zombo instead.Pump Zombo up with growth hormones and steroids till he gets caught. It's the Patriot way.

O.city
11-06-2018, 12:03 PM
The team/organization. They continue to leak out optimsitic reports about Berry playing. Where else do you think Mellinger got that from? They wouldnít do that if he werenít going to play.

They've been doing that for a while though. We heard he'd be back by Jacksonville, NE etc.

I don't think they know when he'll play.

staylor26
11-06-2018, 12:07 PM
They've been doing that for a while though. We heard he'd be back by Jacksonville, NE etc.

I don't think they know when he'll play.

This is the first time any KC media guys have given us anything. The fact that itís been said before by a national media guy and they disappointed just makes me all the more confident they arenít fucking with us this time.

They know the fans are getting restless.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-06-2018, 12:11 PM
I bet Berry plays against LA. Maybe not full time but he will get reps.

chiefzilla1501
11-06-2018, 12:11 PM
We are? He's going to start and play a ton of snaps ahead of all of the youngsters. That's the pattern they've displayed so far anyway...

I shouldn't say fucked... What I meant was he was always at his best playing as an extra linebacker. He played fine in that role. He can handle a little bit of safety too. But he's a liability if he plays beyond that. I think our depth is much better this year that we shouldn't have to do that.

RunKC
11-06-2018, 12:16 PM
I bet Berry plays against LA. Maybe not full time but he will get reps.

I see zero chance of this happening unless he starts practicing this week. He hasnít even practiced in 3 months.

htismaqe
11-06-2018, 12:17 PM
I shouldn't say fucked... What I meant was he was always at his best playing as an extra linebacker. He played fine in that role. He can handle a little bit of safety too. But he's a liability if he plays beyond that. I think our depth is much better this year that we shouldn't have to do that.

Our depth is better and yet Bob is hesitant to use it a lot of the time. I'm not really looking forward to Sorenson in the box and Parker playing single high.

alpha_omega
11-06-2018, 12:19 PM
Shooot...i plum forgot about that Orchard feller.

O.city
11-06-2018, 12:20 PM
Sorenson sucked in the nickel LB hybrid role. He was good as a deep safety.

staylor26
11-06-2018, 12:21 PM

Exaclty. What a terrible take.

It’s amazing how many people on CP don’t know this.

-King-
11-06-2018, 12:21 PM

I remember it being the other way around
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city
11-06-2018, 12:23 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

You're remembering wrong

The Franchise
11-06-2018, 12:26 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah no...he sucked as an in the box safety.

htismaqe
11-06-2018, 12:26 PM
Exaclty. What a terrible take.

Itís amazing how many people on CP donít know this.

It's kind of obvious. If Sorenson were actually suited to that role, they wouldn't have draft DOD. At least I think one could safely assume that, right?

O.city
11-06-2018, 12:27 PM
Sorenson's best year was 2016 when he was playing deep. Last year, when berry went down he was ass.

staylor26
11-06-2018, 12:32 PM
It's kind of obvious. If Sorenson were actually suited to that role, they wouldn't have draft DOD. At least I think one could safely assume that, right?

Absolutely.

carcosa
11-06-2018, 12:43 PM
Yeah no...he sucked as an in the box safety.

now i've also heard that justin houston is a liability against the run.... can anyone confrim?!?!?

Rausch
11-06-2018, 12:50 PM

I wouldn't say good.

I'd say much better...

Marcellus
I see zero chance of this happening unless he starts practicing this week. He hasnít even practiced in 3 months.

He has been working out and rehabbing, he isn't sitting on the couch. They don't do jack shit at practice during the week anymore anyway.

You woudl think getting him out there for the game before the bye would perfect as he would have extra time to recover from his first game action and see how things respond. :shrug:

Marcellus
Sorenson's best year was 2016 when he was playing deep. Last year, when berry went down he was ass.

This is accurate.

Ribbs67
11-06-2018, 01:52 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Please tell me we arenít going to ignore what Daniel Sorensen just did here. <a href="https://t.co/GJRRXLTxus">pic.twitter.com/GJRRXLTxus</a></p>&mdash; Ryan Crawford (@ryancrawford42) <a href="https://twitter.com/ryancrawford42/status/912070092170629120?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 24, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That is freaking awesome I always wondered how he got the nickname Dirty Dan He top roped that guy! My new favorite player!.. haha

Simply Red
11-06-2018, 01:55 PM
You're remembering wrong

there's nicer ways to say that.

chiefzilla1501
11-06-2018, 04:48 PM
So... I didn't pay much attention to Eric Murray. But seems to be some chatter that he actually looked decent as a free safety. Anyone watch much?

If we can get adequate play out of him, the combo of Murray, Lucas, Sorenson isn't the worst in the world. Could be a really good mix if berry plugs in there at some point.

Simply Red
11-06-2018, 04:50 PM
So... I didn't pay much attention to Eric Murray. But seems to be some chatter that he actually looked decent as a free safety. Anyone watch much?

If we can get adequate play out of him, the combo of Murray, Lucas, Sorenson isn't the worst in the world. Could be a really good mix if berry plugs in there at some point.

he was decent out there.

staylor26
11-06-2018, 04:53 PM

Murray is another guy who is playing better than CP thinks. He’s currently PFF’s 34th ranked safety and has a “good” grade.

He had a rough start, but he’s put together some good games.

Simply Red
11-06-2018, 06:48 PM
Murray is another guy who is playing better than CP thinks. Heís currently PFFís 34th ranked safety and has a ďgoodĒ grade.

He had a rough start, but heís put together some good games.

yeah - also was a hell of an NCAA player - young yet - and def. can still get better.

Naptown Chief
11-06-2018, 07:11 PM
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/rl0FOxdz7CcxO" width="480" height="328" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/excited-ron-paul-its-happening-rl0FOxdz7CcxO">via GIPHY</a></p>

ROFL

Naptown Chief
11-06-2018, 07:13 PM
yeah - also was a hell of an NCAA player - young yet - and def. can still get better.

What a lovely and very nice take. Thank you

Simply Red
11-06-2018, 07:17 PM
What a lovely and very nice take. Thank you

you're welcome.

RaidersOftheCellar
11-06-2018, 07:23 PM
In between Sorensen's last game played and now, the fanbase has shifted from wanting him cut to treating him like a savior. Weird.

Easy 6
11-06-2018, 07:28 PM
Well its a start

If he is ready to roll, and we get an inspired Houston back, then throw in a life saving appearance by the mysterious Racer X at just the right moment... this defense could get hot at the perfect time

Show Me

loochy
11-06-2018, 07:34 PM
In between Sorensen's last game played and now, the fanbase has shifted from wanting him cut to treating him like a savior. Weird.

Yeah, because our safeties suck balls. It's not weird at all.

KChiefs1
11-06-2018, 07:44 PM

Not me. Dude sucked last year.

Do I think heís better than Parker?
Hell yeah!

chiefzilla1501
11-06-2018, 09:39 PM
Not me. Dude sucked last year.

Do I think heís better than Parker?
Hell yeah!

In a role he had to play because of lousy safety depth. I think and certainly hope he'll go back to being a role player. But with Sutton yiu just never know

Blick
11-06-2018, 11:07 PM
In a role he had to play because of lousy safety depth. I think and certainly hope he'll go back to being a role player. But with Sutton yiu just never know

Yeah it worries me that Sutton is going to play him in that nickel/dime LB role.

scho63
11-07-2018, 05:32 AM
Should have waived Zombo instead.

Zombo is our herpes.

chiefzilla1501
11-07-2018, 07:39 AM
Yeah it worries me that Sutton is going to play him in that nickel/dime LB role.

Why? He played fine there. The problem was when he started playing every snap at strong safety. Lucas can do that now.

staylor26
11-07-2018, 07:52 AM
Why? He played fine there. The problem was when he started playing every snap at strong safety. Lucas can do that now.

Wrong again.

chiefzilla1501
11-07-2018, 08:30 AM
Wrong again.

You think Sorenson played better last year than he did 2 years ago? He was not great last year when Berrys injury forced him into a full time safety role.

O.city
11-07-2018, 08:58 AM
You think Sorenson played better last year than he did 2 years ago? He was not great last year when Berrys injury forced him into a full time safety role.

Berry going down forced Dan into that nickel LB hybrid role. He sucked at it.

When he was playing actual safety, he was fine.

Blick
11-07-2018, 10:41 AM

He played too many snaps there and run defense was shit. We don't need any help making the run D worse. I'd rather see DOD continue to develop in that role.

chiefzilla1501
11-07-2018, 11:18 AM
Berry going down forced Dan into that nickel LB hybrid role. He sucked at it.

When he was playing actual safety, he was fine.

I disagree. I don't think you want sorenson in a defined spot. Hes not instinctive as a box safety. Not fast enough for deep zone, and takes a lot of terrible angles. A few years ago, the Chiefs stuck him in a variety of roles. And he was good at it. I thought he was very good in a hybrid lb role when they didn't ask him to do much. Hes solid enough to do some of that deep zone in spots too. He's a role player and in 2016, I thought he was actually really good at it.

htismaqe
11-07-2018, 11:45 AM

Lucas? He can't even get on the field.

Simply Red
11-07-2018, 12:05 PM
Lucas? He can't even get on the field.

I'm wish-washey on Lucas - he sure whiffed the **** out of that tackle last week, assuming he's #24 - I'm using process of elimination to determine that that was him.

htismaqe
11-07-2018, 12:07 PM
I'm wish-washey on Lucas - he sure whiffed the **** out of that tackle last week, assuming he's #24 - I'm using process of elimination to determine that that was him.

24 is Lucas. His problem is more the team rather than him. As soon as Murray got healthy, Lucas went back to the bench and largely stayed there. I have a feeling Sorenson coming back just pushes him further down the line because they seem to be unwilling to take Parker off the field.

carcosa
11-07-2018, 12:08 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Andy Reid said he is going to see how Daniel Sorensen and Justin Houston do at practice before making a decision on playtime.</p>&mdash; Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadPride/status/1060228619560206336?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 7, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Naptown Chief
11-07-2018, 12:10 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Andy Reid said he is going to see how Daniel Sorensen and Justin Houston do at practice before making a decision on playtime.</p>&mdash; Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadPride/status/1060228619560206336?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 7, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

**** you!
Edit: Thank you!

Simply Red
11-07-2018, 12:13 PM

Yip! Not surprising.

Simply Red
11-07-2018, 12:13 PM
You'll never hear CP say it - but Murray is playing MUCH better.

carcosa
11-07-2018, 12:14 PM

Yip??

htismaqe
11-07-2018, 12:20 PM

He is. I'm still much more enthused with Lucas. It would be nice if both of them could play and Parker could sit but the Chiefs are too stubborn for that.

O.city
11-07-2018, 12:22 PM
He is. I'm still much more enthused with Lucas. It would be nice if both of them could play and Parker could sit but the Chiefs are too stubborn for that.

With Sorenson back and eventually maybe Berry, surely Parker is the odd man out right?

Simply Red
11-07-2018, 12:22 PM
Yip??

for sure - yip!

htismaqe
11-07-2018, 12:28 PM
With Sorenson back and eventually maybe Berry, surely Parker is the odd man out right?

One would hope but I'm not real optimistic.

Simply Red
11-07-2018, 12:37 PM
One would hope but I'm not real optimistic.

Yip!

They seem to love Parker - God only knows why...

Simply Red
11-11-2018, 03:54 PM
I didn't notice much either way as far as performance, Murray had some decent closes.