PDA

View Full Version : Football Le’Veon Bell not expected to report by deadline

RunKC
11-10-2018, 07:30 PM
Dude is going to sit out the entire season LMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Breaking: Le&#39;Veon Bell is unlikely to report to the Steelers by Tuesday&#39;s deadline, which would make him ineligible to play the rest of this season, multiple league sources tell <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@AdamSchefter</a>. <a href="https://t.co/JlboqFtdJn">pic.twitter.com/JlboqFtdJn</a></p>&mdash; SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) <a href="https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1061424994725625856?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 11, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MMXcalibur
11-10-2018, 07:32 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/sbCdjSJEGghGM/giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095be786766b432e6445cf6837

Flying High D
11-10-2018, 07:32 PM
Turned down a 5 year $70 million contract, i didn’t understand the logic of that.

St. Patty's Fire
11-10-2018, 07:33 PM
I’m enjoying this saga extremely.

I hate Bell AND the Steelers, and this is the worst outcome for both parties!

staylor26
11-10-2018, 07:34 PM
You could tell the Steelers were preparing for this Thursday night.

They’re starting to get their other backs involved because they know they need Conner healthy for the stretch run.

LoneWolf
11-10-2018, 07:37 PM
Whoever is advising Bell financially is doing a poor job. He will never make up the money he has lost this season. What a moron.

allen_kcCard
11-10-2018, 07:38 PM
Do they just franchise him again to try to prove a point? Or line up a trade and cut bait?

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-10-2018, 07:38 PM
Transition tag, then trade and extension. Allows them the opportunity to match his offers.

Eleazar
11-10-2018, 07:39 PM
Do they just franchise him again to try to prove a point?

I would ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

DTVietnam
11-10-2018, 07:41 PM
thanks to an early Chiefs Steelers week 2 matchup I was following the L. Bell situation closely. . this translated into me taking James Conner early in all of my fantasy leagues. .

been rolling all year with J. Connor. .

thanks fantasy Gods are smiling on me

https://image.ibb.co/kUCMsq/Screen-Shot-2018-11-11-at-8-40-06-AM.png

staylor26
11-10-2018, 07:41 PM
Transition tag, then trade and extension. Allows them the opportunity to match his offers.

There will be no trade with the transition tag. Steelers aren’t going to match and he will walk.

DTVietnam
11-10-2018, 07:42 PM
Do they just franchise him again to try to prove a point? Or line up a trade and cut bait?

they wont because of some clause in the NFL players contract he'd be tagged under the QB clause so they would have to give him 25mill..

thats why he made this decision. . they wont tag him at 25 mil for 1 year

BryanBusby
11-10-2018, 07:43 PM
At a certain point it's going to backfire for them because potential FA's they could want will take notice. They should just gladly bank the cap space he didn't eat up and take a 2020 cond 3rd rounder.

They're doing fine without him.

Jewish Rabbi
11-10-2018, 07:43 PM
Turned down a 5 year $70 million contract, i didn’t understand the logic of that.

No, he turned down $30 million. The contract you reference allowed the Steelers to cut ties without paying him much guaranteed money.

Valiant
11-10-2018, 07:45 PM

I think they still transition tag him, avoids same thing from happening.

He should fire his agent. Show up, dont play collect money. If they transition next year sit out til week 10. The fact he doesnt understand he might waste 2 prime years is hilarious. Rb careers are soo short.

Or come back and sow discord and have them cut you.

LoneWolf
11-10-2018, 07:45 PM
they wont because of some clause in the NFL players contract he'd be tagged under the QB clause so they would have to give him 25mill..

He would never sign the tag anyway, so why would it matter how much the tag is for?

Flying High D
11-10-2018, 07:46 PM
No, he turned down $30 million. The contract you reference allowed the Steelers to cut ties without paying him much guaranteed money.

Ok, thank you.

Chiefs=Champions
11-10-2018, 07:48 PM
I wonder if what happened to Dez impacted his decision..

Flying High D
11-10-2018, 07:50 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/leveon-bell-reportedly-turned-down-a-monstrous-70-million-deal-from-the-steelers/

This is where I got the 70 million contract.

TribalElder
11-10-2018, 07:51 PM
he can tweet upside down zeros once he runs out of money

allen_kcCard
11-10-2018, 07:52 PM

I thought that only came into play is he reported this year...I was thinking that sitting out this year completely just reset the whole situation for franchise progression to be the same as what this one would have been. I'm totally pulling that thought from my ass though

RunKC
11-10-2018, 07:53 PM
Colts have most cap space of any team heading not the offseason ($125 million). OL and QB is set and you have TY Hilton.

Go get him

Flying High D
11-10-2018, 07:54 PM
I thought if he set out the whole season, him and the Steelers are finished with each other. He’ll regret not having credit for this year of football when he retires.

BryanBusby
11-10-2018, 07:55 PM
I'm ok with him betting on himself. When's the last time an elite RB has hit the open market?

TribalElder
11-10-2018, 07:56 PM
I'm ok with him betting on himself. When's the last time an elite RB has hit the open market?

RB can be found in the draft much cheaper

Sassy Squatch
11-10-2018, 07:56 PM
Good for James Conner. The cancer stays in remission.

BryanBusby
11-10-2018, 08:01 PM
Well yeah? But it's not like you'll throw out a cast and easily land a RB like Bell.

I don't think this upcoming RB class is great compared to what we've seen in the last few years, although I do like the back from Kentucky.

Flying High D
11-10-2018, 08:04 PM
He turns down a week, what takes someone 6.333 years to make.

-King-
11-10-2018, 08:05 PM
Whoever is advising Bell financially is doing a poor job. He will never make up the money he has lost this season. What a moron.

Or he could have played, torn an Achilles and never make the money he'll make on a long term deal
Posted via Mobile Device

staylor26
11-10-2018, 08:06 PM

But teams with a ton of cap space will be willing to overpay for the sure thing.

notorious
11-10-2018, 08:06 PM
Hill is a product of the system.

Holding, chosen franchise, etc.

Nothing special.

-King-
11-10-2018, 08:07 PM
Other than the dumbass Steelers players who talked shit on him, I'm sure every other player is thankful for him taking a stand.
Posted via Mobile Device

jjchieffan
11-10-2018, 08:09 PM
I really hope that this backfires on him and nobody is willing to pay him a dime more than the Steelers offered him. I also hope that his greed is rewarded with a career ending injury next season. Screw that greedy self serving pick of crap.

-King-
11-10-2018, 08:10 PM
I really hope that this backfires on him and nobody is willing to pay him a dime more than the Steelers offered him. I also hope that his greed is rewarded with a career ending injury next season. Screw that greedy self serving pick of crap.
He's greedy for wanting a long term deal over playing on a 2nd franchise tag?

I swear, there's no other industry other than sports where people will openly side with billionaires fucking over their employees
Posted via Mobile Device

staylor26
11-10-2018, 08:13 PM
Hill is a product of the system.

Holding, chosen franchise, etc.

Nothing special.

Tyreek is a product is product of holding and the Chiefs being a chosen franchise? Awful take.

:D

Red Dawg
11-10-2018, 08:13 PM
I have no problem with what Bell has done. Steelers were wrong to tag him twice in my book. He played on it once and then they gave him the ball 400 times. Not fair to him to tag him again. He chose not to accept so he doesn't play amd doesn't take any more of their money. It's fair.

Iowanian
11-10-2018, 08:16 PM
Justice would be if bells legs snapped off at the ankles in a non football incident a day after week 10 ends.

-King-
11-10-2018, 08:18 PM
Tyreek is a product is product of holding and the Chiefs being a chosen franchise? Awful take.

:D

He obviously meant Bell not Hill
Posted via Mobile Device

New World Order
11-10-2018, 08:19 PM
Their offense is clicking really well

Might be better if Leveon did come back.

But probably not.

LoneWolf
11-10-2018, 08:23 PM
Or he could have played, torn an Achilles and never make the money he'll make on a long term deal
Posted via Mobile Device

He can tear an Achilles after he signs a long term deal and he only gets what’s guaranteed in his contract. He had a guaranteed 17 million this year (I think). He will never recoup that money. He should have signed a reasonable contract with Pittsburgh with as much guaranteed money his agent could negotiate.

He obviously never took economics at Michigan State and learned about the time value of money.

DTVietnam
11-10-2018, 08:23 PM
The Steelers could franchise tag Bell for a third time in 2019, but he would be tagged at the quarterback salary number, not the lower number he was tagged at this year, according to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero.

NFL image
"My understanding is the NFL management council and the NFL Players' Association, the parties that negotiated the collective bargaining agreement, are on the same page that if Bell were tagged a third time, whether he shows up this season, whether he sits out the entire year, that tag would be at the higher quarterback number, not the lower number similar to what he would be due under the franchise tag this year," Pelissero said on NFL Up To the Minute on Tuesday. "It would be extremely unlikely for the Steelers to put that higher third franchise tag on Le'Veon Bell. That would set up a scenario where they'd tag him a third time, the number is upwards of $25 million and Bell, if he wanted to, could walk in the day he's tagged, sign it and be owed $25 million for one season."

Flying High D
11-10-2018, 08:25 PM
If not signing, why leave Miami in November for Pittsburgh?

Iowanian
11-10-2018, 08:25 PM
Who in the hell is going to sign the drama llama for more than 5 years 70mm?

I'd say connors success behind that holding offensive line make bell expendable.

staylor26
11-10-2018, 08:27 PM
He obviously meant Bell not Hill
Posted via Mobile Device

And apparently the smiley face at the bottom of my post wasn’t enough for you to realize I already knew that.

-King-
11-10-2018, 08:27 PM
He can tear an Achilles after he signs a long term deal and he only gets what’s guaranteed in his contract. He had a guaranteed 17 million this year (I think). He will never recoup that money. He should have signed a reasonable contract with Pittsburgh with as much guaranteed money his agent could negotiate.

He obviously never took economics at Michigan State and learned about the time value of money.

If he tears his Achilles next year after signing a LTD he gets 35 mil guaranteed. If he would have torn it this year playing on his tag, he would have his 17 and wouldn't be able to make up the 20 mil difference on his next deal.

I'd rather take the 35 mil next year over the 17 mil this year.
Posted via Mobile Device

AssEaterChief
11-10-2018, 08:30 PM
This worked out really good for the Steelers...nobody thought Conner was going to be this good except for them of course...and judging by the player's reactions when he no showed, probably most of them too.

DTVietnam
11-10-2018, 08:32 PM
If not signing, why leave Miami in November for Pittsburgh?

My guess is he was on the fence...
I think that Dez Bryant shit scared him...

LoneWolf
11-10-2018, 08:33 PM
If he tears his Achilles next year after signing a LTD he gets 35 mil guaranteed. If he would have torn it this year playing on his tag, he would have his 17 and wouldn't be able to make up the 20 mil difference on his next deal.

I'd rather take the 35 mil next year over the 17 mil this year.
Posted via Mobile Device

So you know what contract he is getting next year? Also, an Achilles injury isn’t career ending. He would still get a new contract from some team. So let’s say he signed the tag this year and gets injured. He would only need a contract with 18 million guaranteed on his next contract to equal your magical 35 million.

It’s stupid for anyone in any profession to give up an entire year of income during their prime earning years.

-King-
11-10-2018, 08:43 PM
So you know what contract he is getting next year? Also, an Achilles injury isn’t career ending. He would still get a new contract from some team. So let’s say he signed the tag this year and gets injured. He would only need a contract with 18 million guaranteed on his next contract to equal your magical 35 million.

It’s stupid for anyone in any profession to give up an entire year of income during their prime earning years.

Lol no one is giving him 18 mil guaranteed after an Achilles injury. Yes it's not career ending anymore but it's still pretty much the worsrt injury a running back in suffer. Long term guarantee > franchise tag while hoping to make up the difference on the next deal like you're saying.

And here's the thing, worst case scenario right now is that he gets 25 mil on another franchise tag next year. He's making a good decision right now.
Posted via Mobile Device

LoneWolf
11-10-2018, 08:46 PM
Lol no one is giving him 18 mil guaranteed after an Achilles injury. Yes it's not career ending anymore but it's still pretty much the worsrt injury a running back in suffer. Long term guarantee > franchise tag while hoping to make up the difference on the next deal like you're saying.

And here's the thing, worst case scenario right now is that he gets 25 mil on another franchise tag next year. He's making a good decision right now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep, you’re right, it’s always a good idea to earn $0 during one of your prime earning years. :rolleyes:

-King-
11-10-2018, 08:52 PM
Yep, you’re right, it’s always a good idea to earn $0 during one of your prime earning years. :rolleyes:

If you're guaranteed $25mil minimum next year and you're avoiding the chance of a career ending injury. Yes it's a good idea. It's not a hard concept at all.
Posted via Mobile Device

BlackOp
11-10-2018, 09:09 PM
Bell has been a Chiefs killer...this is great news.

Conner is good but Bell is a superstar....

jjchieffan
11-10-2018, 09:19 PM

I swear, there's no other industry other than sports where people will openly side with billionaires ****ing over their employees
Posted via Mobile Device

In what other industry does the employee turn down a 5 year, $70 million contract and refuse to work for one year for $14+ million? It was a very good offer for his position. But he didn't want his position money, he wanted receiver money. Screw him. The billionaires we're being more than fair. He's just being a greedy prick. I hope that he never earns half of the money he turned down.

SuperBowl4
11-10-2018, 09:29 PM
Turned down a 5 year $70 million contract, i didn’t understand the logic of that.He hates the STEELERS organization maybe? Or now that Todd Halley's gone he can't fathom playing for anybody but him?

stumppy
11-10-2018, 09:39 PM
Eh, who cares. Somebody else's drama.

bigjosh
11-10-2018, 09:59 PM
Does it still count as a 3rd tag if he never signed or reported for the second one?

Red Dawg
11-10-2018, 10:06 PM
Does it still count as a 3rd tag if he never signed or reported for the second one?

Yup. It will.

Bump
11-10-2018, 10:07 PM
Conner is a great example of why you probably shouldn't overpay running backs.

jjchieffan
11-10-2018, 10:37 PM
Conner is a great example of why you probably shouldn't overpay running backs.

Yep. One of many. Look around. The Chiefs went from Priest to LJ to JC to Ware and now to Hunt. An UDFA, a 1st round pick, a 3rd round pick, a waiver claim, and a 3rd round pick. All of which were at minimum above average and many stars. Denver got Freeman as a 3rd round pick and Lindsey as a udfa. Good running backs are available every year in the draft. I'm not sure that Bell is anything special. He was pretty easily replaced by Conner. It's that offensive line that gets away with constantly holding that makes him look good. Surely there's no GM in the league dumb enough to not see that and pay him stupid money is there? Oh wait. Gruden isn't a GM, but he's definitely dumb enough to make that move.

BryanBusby
11-10-2018, 10:38 PM
Who in the hell is going to sign the drama llama for more than 5 years 70mm?

I'd say connors success behind that holding offensive line make bell expendable.
The Colts will be stumbling over themselves to pay him in the spring.

Could also make a case for the Titans, 49ers, Raiders since Jon likes em old, Texans, etc etc

Abba-Dabba
11-10-2018, 11:01 PM
In what other industry does the employee turn down a 5 year, $70 million contract and refuse to work for one year for $14+ million? It was a very good offer for his position. But he didn't want his position money, he wanted receiver money. Screw him. The billionaires we're being more than fair. He's just being a greedy prick. I hope that he never earns half of the money he turned down.

You're way too emotional about some one else's paycheck that you receive zero dollars from.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-10-2018, 11:28 PM
Only Contrarian King would defend this fool...JFC

-King-
11-10-2018, 11:30 PM

He's already been franchised once. This was his 2nd year being franchised. He's already had to risk his long term deal last year, it's shitty to make him risk it again especially in a position like RB.

How is wanting a long term deal over another 1 year deal being greedy?
Posted via Mobile Device

ThaVirus
11-10-2018, 11:33 PM
Only Contrarian King would defend this fool...JFC

He's got a point.

There are several outcomes of this situation. Bell is going to get paid a shit ton of money in every one of them.

He's not an idiot or a "greedy prick" for sitting this season.

-King-
11-10-2018, 11:36 PM
He's got a point.

There are several outcomes of this situation. Bell is going to get paid a shit ton of money in every one of them.

He's not an idiot or a "greedy prick" for sitting this season.

Dudes can barely walk after 50 and some even kill themselves because of how fucked their heads are after football and they call someone greedy for trying to maximize their earning potential lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-10-2018, 11:43 PM
Well, he can now continue to smoke the weeds

Buehler445
11-11-2018, 01:09 AM

I swear, there's no other industry other than sports where people will openly side with billionaires fucking over their employees
Posted via Mobile Device

Eh. It doesn’t sit right with me. He’s playing under the CBA that his union (that he is a part of) negotiated and he’s trying to buck the system. That’s pretty douchey. Rules may not be fair but that’s the game you’re in. I personally believe 3.50 corn is bullshit but I’m not trying to buck the system. That’s just the game I’m in.

He’s also trying to get OBJ money. Also douchey because he isn’t worth that.

Is douchey a crime or even something we should be concerned with? No other than some of the knuckleheads on our time might get some bright idea.

Time value of money is finance yo. Economics is supply and demand, which he also doesn’t understand even a little bit trying to get OBJ money.

-King-
11-11-2018, 01:18 AM
Eh. It doesn’t sit right with me. He’s playing under the CBA that his union (that he is a part of) negotiated and he’s trying to buck the system. That’s pretty douchey. Rules may not be fair but that’s the game you’re in. I personally believe 3.50 corn is bullshit but I’m not trying to buck the system. That’s just the game I’m in.

He’s also trying to get OBJ money. Also douchey because he isn’t worth that.

Is douchey a crime or even something we should be concerned with? No other than some of the knuckleheads on our time might get some bright idea.

Time value of money is finance yo. Economics is supply and demand, which he also doesn’t understand even a little bit trying to get OBJ money.

Holding out is part of the system. He's not bucking anything. He's not under contract right now so he's free to do what he's doing. This is what happens when you franchise a player, give him 400+ touches and then franchise him again. This is the only power the players have over teams, so the union should and is okay with them using it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chief Pagan
11-11-2018, 01:40 AM
I would like to see the rule changed so that you can't use the franchise tag on a player a second time.

Given how short RBs careers tend to be, I think RBs should have shorter rookie contracts.

Buehler445
11-11-2018, 01:56 AM
Holding out is part of the system. He's not bucking anything. He's not under contract right now so he's free to do what he's doing. This is what happens when you franchise a player, give him 400+ touches and then franchise him again. This is the only power the players have over teams, so the union should and is okay with them using it.
Posted via Mobile Device

I don’t really give a fuck either way and anything that’s bad for the Steelers makes me smile. Accordingly, I’m not going to die on this hill.

You’re right. Holding out is the only power the individual player has over the team. Doesn’t mean it’s not douchey and guys that let that sway their judgement of said player are off base.

There is an argument to be made that what he is doing goes outside of the legislative intent of the CBA. I’d doubt the union had this in mind when they agreed to it. Moreover, if they truly care about the players interest (not sure they do) dudes holding out for money isn’t working so well. Kaepernick is a prime example, but also dez (I might be wrong but I think he was offered contracts that he thought were too low and ended up on the street at final cutdown).

And let’s be real here, in practical this probably lowers some of the offers he’s going to get which is bad for the union. He’s going to get paid but he’s also probably got some bids pulled by being a douche.

scho63
11-11-2018, 02:06 AM
*Racist post removed*

Third Eye
11-11-2018, 02:10 AM

TVM is without question a part of any Economics curriculum. Without TVM the concepts of economic cost or economic profit are meaningless.

Third Eye
11-11-2018, 02:11 AM
*Racist post removed*

Jesus Tapdancing Christ you are a piece of shit.

RippedmyFlesh
11-11-2018, 02:27 AM
*Racist post removed*

Reid on Hill

"He is a smart kid. He picked it up so fast, and he was able to play at our level."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000796327/article/andy-reid-expects-bigger-offensive-role-for-tyreek-hill

PAChiefsGuy
11-11-2018, 07:00 AM
Dudes can barely walk after 50 and some even kill themselves because of how ****ed their heads are after football and they call someone greedy for trying to maximize their earning potential lol
Posted via Mobile Device

You make a good point but how much money does Bell need? It's not like the guy would barely be getting by with the contract the Steelers offered him. Would the extra millions he would make with this contract make that big of a difference in his life? More Lambos or another mansion? Allow him to retire earlier to avoid those big hits that put him at risk for what you mentioned?

NFL players are well compensated for the risks they knowingly take. The contract Bell would have signed would have given him more than enough money to afford basically anything he wants and set his family up for decades.

I will say it is perplexing that they make less than MLB and NBA players despite the sport being Americas most popular and way more physical sport but they are still paid very well.

IMO people are missing an important point with this situation. I believe this goes beyond the contract I think he hates being a Steeler. I don't think he likes playing there or with his teammates for whatever reason. That's why this is going the way it is. If it was just about money he'd been back by now. He made his point missing anymore time won't give him a better contract. At this point he is just giving the Steelers the middle finger out of hate.

Either way the situation was handled poorly by both sides. The Steelers offense is doing fine wout him but Steelers should have seen this coming and got rid of the guy before this happened instead of constantly using the franchise tag.

If a player isn't happy playing somewhere for whatever reason he should be allowed to leave when his contact is up. I'm not a fan of the franchise tag for this very reason. Gives teams more power over players and it doesn't work because eventually the player usually ends up leaving anyway or something like this happens.

Sorry for the longass post should have made it shorter but **** it. Did a lot of blow last night stuff makes me talk too much.

jjchieffan
11-11-2018, 07:04 AM
He's already been franchised once. This was his 2nd year being franchised. He's already had to risk his long term deal last year, it's shitty to make him risk it again especially in a position like RB.

How is wanting a long term deal over another 1 year deal being greedy?
Posted via Mobile Device

He was offered a long term deal that would have made him the highest paid running back in the league and turned it down. That's why he's a greedy prick. Don't try to take that out of the equation.

notorious
11-11-2018, 07:07 AM
He will go to another team and get fisted.

He simply can’t run “patient” like he does at Pitt anywhere else. He will be a 3 ypc/4TD back.

I am shocked Pitt even offered him the other contract.

jjchieffan
11-11-2018, 07:12 AM
You're way too emotional about some one else's paycheck that you receive zero dollars from.

I'm not emotional about it at all. I just think that he's being greedy and I hope that he gets burned for his actions. I can't stand Bell or the Steelers. If Bell died tomorrow or the Steelers franchise closed their doors forever tomorrow, I would just say good riddanced and go on. It's just the principle of these players turning down more money per year than most people see in a lifetime because they think that they're worth more. That is pure greed. What can Bell do with$80 million that he can't do with $70 million? Either amount is more money than he and his kids and his kids kids can ever spend, so what's the point of the whole thing? Greed! Nothing but greed!

SuperBowl4
11-11-2018, 07:29 AM
I'm not emotional about it at all. I just think that he's being greedy and I hope that he gets burned for his actions. I can't stand Bell or the Steelers. If Bell died tomorrow or the Steelers franchise closed their doors forever tomorrow, I would just say good riddanced and go on. It's just the principle of these players turning down more money per year than most people see in a lifetime because they think that they're worth more. That is pure greed. What can Bell do with$80 million that he can't do with $70 million? Either amount is more money than he and his kids and his kids kids can ever spend, so what's the point of the whole thing? Greed! Nothing but greed!Maybe LB doesn't like the Steelers organization? Maybe it's personal? Maybe it's because Todd Halley is no longer the Steelers OC and LB is pissed off about it?

ThaVirus
11-11-2018, 07:37 AM
You make a good point but how much money does Bell need?.

Lol Good Lord, man. How much money does anyone need?

People like to get paid what they're worth- surprise!

You're worth what someone will pay you. Leveon obviously believes someone out there (probably IND or NYJ) will pay him more than the $30m guaranteed the Steelers offered.

jjchieffan
11-11-2018, 07:40 AM
Maybe LB doesn't like the Steelers organization? Maybe it's personal? Maybe it's because Todd Halley is no longer the Steelers OC and LB is pissed off about it?

Maybe so. But if so, he could have worked something out with them where he signs the tag if they agree to trade him. But he didn't even do that. Besides, that is pure speculation. We have no idea if he feels that way.

Infidel Goat
11-11-2018, 07:41 AM
Part of me hopes the Steelers play hardball and tag him again next year. Use the money saved this year to front load a few contracts of his teammates in the current season. If Bell does the same thing next year, they can use the money in November/December again.

The guaranteed money is $25 million, though, and that's probably too much to have on the books for that long.

They should probably still front load some contracts in this season so that they have a lot of cap space next year and then transition tag him. That would make it harder for another team to offer a contract that they simply couldn't afford--and perhaps give them some leverage in a potential trade scenario.

ThaVirus
11-11-2018, 07:44 AM
*Racist post removed*

You are truly too ****ing stupid to breathe.

GloryDayz
11-11-2018, 08:40 AM
I wish Bell all the best as he figures this out. As for the Steelers, not so much.

Red Dawg
11-11-2018, 08:43 AM
He didn't want to play on the tag twice. Didnt like their offer so he's gonna sit and take his chances next year. He's not screwing them out of money so what's the big deal? All with in his rights.

TribalElder
11-11-2018, 08:47 AM
He misses out on like 880k per game missed

Holding out was dumb

tmax63
11-11-2018, 08:59 AM
It shows to me that he is only in football for the money. He doesn't care about the game. A contract to be the highest paid RB in the game and he turns it down. Skipping a year of play in his prime by not signing the tag. RB's are a disposable commodity. There are really good ones coming out of college every year. LB isn't Gale Sayers or Jim Brown. He's just a really good running back who started believing the hype train his agent was driving and he'll be lucky to play again unless he adjusts his demands.

BlackOp
11-11-2018, 09:17 AM

Holding out was dumb

Not if the the guaranteed portion of that $70 million was only $30 million over two years. The Steelers had just rode him for 400 touches...and that amount of wear is what prematurely ended LJ's career. They were going to run him into the ground this year. The Steelers did him dirty by franchising him 2 years in a row and leaking a $70 million dollar number...when in reality it was a 2 year, $30 million deal.

It wasn't worth the financial risk at age 26. He'll get more than $30 million guaranteed next year...which is the only part of a contract that matters. He knew that at age 29 and 800 touches later...he wasn't going to have as much value.

It was a numbers game...and @$25 million guaranteed next year, he's almost breaking even for a year less damage.

Jewish Rabbi
11-11-2018, 09:22 AM
*Racist post removed*

Wow. What the ****. Isn’t racism against the rules here?

Buehler445
11-11-2018, 09:32 AM
TVM is without question a part of any Economics curriculum. Without TVM the concepts of economic cost or economic profit are meaningless.

I got a minor in it. Granted I did it because it was pretty easy.

On the micro side, it’s just human decision making so my professors stayed out of the psychology end and just stayed conceptual.

OR

It was a a big part of the curriculum and I just don’t remember because it was a million years ago :D

jjchieffan
11-11-2018, 09:38 AM
Not if the the guaranteed portion of that $70 million was only $30 million over two years. The Steelers had just rode him for 400 touches...and that amount of wear is what prematurely ended LJ's career. They were going to run him into the ground this year. The Steelers did him dirty by franchising him 2 years in a row and leaking a $70 million dollar number...when in reality it was a 2 year, $30 million deal.

It wasn't worth the financial risk at age 26. He'll get more than $30 million guaranteed next year...which is the only part of a contract that matters. He knew that at age 29 and 800 touches later...he wasn't going to have as much value.

It was a numbers game...and @$25 million guaranteed next year, he's almost breaking even for a year less damage.

It was only a 2 year $30 million deal if they cut him in 2 years. You're making an assumption that he doesn't play out his contract. Dumb argument if you ask me. The fact is that the contract was 5 years $70 million with $30 million guaranteed. Anything else is assumed. It may have been an offer that made sense for him to play out. Maybe not. He should have taken the deal instead of being greedy.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-11-2018, 09:50 AM
Dude just fucked his career. Will do nothing after this

Mecca
11-11-2018, 09:54 AM
Dude just fucked his career. Will do nothing after this

He fucked it less than letting the Steelers abuse him and fuck his pay day...

dannybcaitlyn
11-11-2018, 09:55 AM
Seems like good news to me. I’d rather face Conner then Bell in the playoffs.

Third Eye
11-11-2018, 10:29 AM
I got a minor in it. Granted I did it because it was pretty easy.

On the micro side, it’s just human decision making so my professors stayed out of the psychology end and just stayed conceptual.

OR

It was a a big part of the curriculum and I just don’t remember because it was a million years ago :D

Haha, hopefully not the latter! I wouldn’t expect it in intro micro/macro, but I would think it to be introduced in the 2nd level micro/macro. Definitely covered in mathematical economics or financial economics courses.

Granted, I have degrees in Econ, Math, and did a cross disciplinary actuarial program, so I took classes in the Econ, Math, Finance, and Business departments, all of which covered TVM. Which departments stressed it more is probably a bit hazy for me.

ThaVirus
11-11-2018, 10:31 AM

Holding out was dumb

You're thinking short term.

He could have accepted the tag and played, all the while risking a career-ending injury and completely fucking his long-term earning potential.

He'll recoup the losses he took this season when he signs the richest RB contract in league history this offseason.

It shows to me that he is only in football for the money. He doesn't care about the game. A contract to be the highest paid RB in the game and he turns it down. Skipping a year of play in his prime by not signing the tag. RB's are a disposable commodity.There are really good ones coming out of college every year. LB isn't Gale Sayers or Jim Brown. He's just a really good running back who started believing the hype train his agent was driving and he'll be lucky to play again unless he adjusts his demands.

Pick one, bruh. You simply can't carry both mindsets. You'd seriously advocate the ideology that RBs are a dime a dozen, useful only in riding hard to put away wet, and then turn around and lambast a guy for trying to earn every cent he can? How fucking ridiculous can you be?

"Love of the game" lol you're a fucking idiot.

BlackOp
11-11-2018, 10:31 AM
It was only a 2 year $30 million deal if they cut him in 2 years. You're making an assumption that he doesn't play out his contract. Dumb argument if you ask me. The fact is that the contract was 5 years $70 million with $30 million guaranteed. Anything else is assumed. It may have been an offer that made sense for him to play out. Maybe not. He should have taken the deal instead of being greedy.

If he gets hurt?...you're assuming that after 700+ touches, he's still healthy and the Steelers give him $13 mil per for 3 more years when they dont have to pay a dime.

It took one play to end Charles career....and Earl Thomas tried to do right by his team and got a broken leg to show for it.

I dont give two ****s about Bell or the Steelers...but that contract was a "dine and ditch". Use him up in his prime and dump him...

If I were a RB...I would be hedging on my contract guarantees. If he gets $40 mill guaranteed over 4 years it was a smart move in the long run.

scho63
11-11-2018, 10:34 AM
Dude is a moron!

ThaVirus
11-11-2018, 10:35 AM
IIRC, the Steelers offered Bell $30m guaranteed. He declined and shortly thereafter, Gurley signed for $45m guaranteed.

In that sense, it was smart to decline the original contract offer. By not playing on the tag, at the very least, he doesn't risk further injury or wear and tear.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-11-2018, 10:36 AM
Glad he cares about the team and fan base....

MahiMike
11-11-2018, 10:51 AM
All I care about is this year. Everything's lining up for us to win a SB.

nychief
11-11-2018, 11:01 AM
Believe it when I see it.

ClevelandBronco
11-11-2018, 11:16 AM
Glad he cares about the team and fan base....

Players don’t give a shit WHICH fan base loves them.

tmax63
11-11-2018, 11:19 AM
You're thinking short term.

Pick one, bruh. You simply can't carry both mindsets. You'd seriously advocate the ideology that RBs are a dime a dozen, useful only in riding hard to put away wet, and then turn around and lambast a guy for trying to earn every cent he can? How ****ing ridiculous can you be?

"Love of the game" lol you're a ****ing idiot.

Sure you can. But you also got to be able to see when that's the top offer and take it. Great RB's aren't "a dime a dozen" but they're a lot easier to get than a great QB or pass rusher. That's why RB money and guard money is where its at and QB and rusher money is where its at.

ThaVirus
11-11-2018, 11:35 AM
Sure you can. But you also got to be able to see when that's the top offer and take it. Great RB's aren't "a dime a dozen" but they're a lot easier to get than a great QB or pass rusher. That's why RB money and guard money is where its at and QB and rusher money is where its at.

The Steelers offered Bell $30m while Gurley got $45m in the same offseason.

You think some team out there won't pay $50m guaranteed for Bell this offseason?

tmax63
11-11-2018, 11:42 AM
I really doubt he'll see that kind of money. Gurley is still young with a lot of miles. The Steelers have put a lot of miles on LB. Not saying the Steelers can't treat him better than they are.

The Franchise
11-11-2018, 11:49 AM
*Racist post removed*

Coming from the guy who spends his money on hookers.

wazu
11-11-2018, 11:53 AM
Emmanuel Sanders on NFL Network says he'd have signed the frachise deal and played full season, but taken out an insurance policy that guarantees big payday if he gets injured. That kinda makes some sense.

JakeF
11-11-2018, 12:03 PM
Steelers will tag him next and force the issue again. Not a good decision by Bell.

PAChiefsGuy
11-12-2018, 02:23 AM
Lol Good Lord, man. How much money does anyone need?

People like to get paid what they're worth- surprise!

You're worth what someone will pay you. Leveon obviously believes someone out there (probably IND or NYJ) will pay him more than the $30m guaranteed the Steelers offered.

You sound like a greedy businessman who only cares about money right now. Even his own offensive lineman indirectly said the contract he was offered is more than enough.

You're worth what someone will pay you?? So Albery Haynesworth and Matt Flynn were worth huge contracts they signed? **** out of here with that BS logic. You are worth what you contribute to the team not necessarily what you are getting paid.

Overall, I see both sides. Whether it's money or whatever Bell clearly doesn't want to play there anymore yet the Steelers keep trying to hold him hostage. IMO that's wrong. This isn't prison let him go if he doesn't want to be there. That said I think Bell is a shit teammate who only cares about himself and also isn't handling this situation well. End result is the Steelers are more than likely not going to get as much as they should for Bell because of their stubbornness and Bell isn't going to get as much money for the very same reason.

ChiefsFanatic
11-12-2018, 03:22 AM
I do not ever want another work stoppage, but the NFLPA has got to become stronger somehow, and players need to have more of their contracts guaranteed. With the damage they expose their body too, and the danger to their future quality of life, these players deserve better monetary protections and benefits.

NFL teams can cut players just to eliminate their salary, or force the player to renegotiate. That is the current system, and I have advocated that we use it in dealing with Houston's contract, but that doesn't mean that I am insensitive to their dilemma.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

-King-
11-12-2018, 03:58 AM
You sound like a greedy businessman who only cares about money right now. Even his own offensive lineman indirectly said the contract he was offered is more than enough.

You're worth what someone will pay you?? So Albery Haynesworth and Matt Flynn were worth huge contracts they signed? **** out of here with that BS logic. You are worth what you contribute to the team not necessarily what you are getting paid.

Overall, I see both sides. Whether it's money or whatever Bell clearly doesn't want to play there anymore yet the Steelers keep trying to hold him hostage. IMO that's wrong. This isn't prison let him go if he doesn't want to be there. That said I think Bell is a shit teammate who only cares about himself and also isn't handling this situation well. End result is the Steelers are more than likely not going to get as much as they should for Bell because of their stubbornness and Bell isn't going to get as much money for the very same reason.

There's nothing greedy about this. Bell is trying to get what he's worth. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. He's one of the best 5 people in the world at good job. His pay should reflect that and he should be able to fight for every cent he can get. Especially when he plays a position that will most likely leave him crippled and fucked in the head when he retires.

And the teammates that spoke against what he's doing are so fucking stupid for doing that, it hurts. It's the most backwards thing you can do when you're part of the union. What Bell is doing is also helping them out even if they don't want to acknowledge it. When their contract is up, you think the team won't ask them to take discounts for the good of the team and convince them to take less because "hey, if you fight for more money, you clearly care more about money than football." They fucked themselves when they spoke out.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
11-12-2018, 04:00 AM
Steelers will tag him next and force the issue again. Not a good decision by Bell.

The 3rd franchise tag is the average of the 5 highest paid quarterback which is currently 25-30 million. They'd be idiots to do that.

Bell will be a FA in the off-season and be free to sign with whoever he likes.
Posted via Mobile Device

PAChiefsGuy
11-12-2018, 06:13 AM
There's nothing greedy about this. Bell is trying to get what he's worth. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. He's one of the best 5 people in the world at good job. His pay should reflect that and he should be able to fight for every cent he can get. Especially when he plays a position that will most likely leave him crippled and ****ed in the head when he retires.

And the teammates that spoke against what he's doing are so ****ing stupid for doing that, it hurts. It's the most backwards thing you can do when you're part of the union. What Bell is doing is also helping them out even if they don't want to acknowledge it. When their contract is up, you think the team won't ask them to take discounts for the good of the team and convince them to take less because "hey, if you fight for more money, you clearly care more about money than football." They ****ed themselves when they spoke out.
Posted via Mobile Device

I got news for you.. Not everyone cares about money as much as Bell does. Doesn't mean it's wrong if someone cares about money more than someone else but don't act like everyone puts the same level of importance on it.

Anyway, you act like the contract the Steelers offered him would have made him the 10th highest paid RB. He was offered a contract that would have made the highest paid RB in the NFL. He wanted more Steelers said no. He decided to sit out the season because of it. This doesn't make him a hero to the union especially since Conner is having a great season and the Steelers offense hasn't missed a beat.

-King-
11-12-2018, 06:35 AM
I got news for you.. Not everyone cares about money as much as Bell does. Doesn't mean it's wrong if someone cares about money more than someone else but don't act like everyone puts the same level of importance on it.

Anyway, you act like the contract the Steelers offered him would have made him the 10th highest paid RB. He was offered a contract that would have made the highest paid RB in the NFL. He wanted more Steelers said no. He decided to sit out the season because of it. This doesn't make him a hero to the union especially since Conner is having a great season and the Steelers offense hasn't missed a beat.

The contract he rejected was had 20 mil guaranteed. Why would he take that? Gurley got that in signing bonus alone.

And again, Bell has already been franchised, played on the franchised and got 400 touches during that franchise year. Stop acting like he's just an asshole here. No player wants to play under the franchise tag, much less be ran down, then tagged again the following year.
Posted via Mobile Device

GloryDayz
11-12-2018, 06:52 AM
The contract he rejected was had 20 mil guaranteed. Why would he take that? Gurley got that in signing bonus alone.

And again, Bell has already been franchised, played on the franchised and got 400 touches during that franchise year. Stop acting like he's just an asshole here. No player wants to play under the franchise tag, much less be ran down, then tagged again the following year.
Posted via Mobile Device

Meh, it's a business. Perhaps the Steelers learned from the mistakes of other who put too many dollars into one basket. And, as others have said, Conner stepped-up and is doing just fine. That tends to be the case at that position, not a dime a dozen, but finding a serviceable RB isn't nearly the task as other positions.

-King-
11-12-2018, 07:00 AM
Meh, it's a business. Perhaps the Steelers learned from the mistakes of other who put too many dollars into one basket. And, as others have said, Conner stepped-up and is doing just fine. That tends to be the case at that position, not a dime a dozen, but finding a serviceable RB isn't nearly the task as other positions.

Yeah but at the same time what the Steelers have done with Connor is rare. It's not easy to go from elite player to another (seemingly) elite player in such a short time even if the position is RB. Otherwise, every team would have an elite running back if it was so easy to get one. There's still a very big gap between serviceable and elite.
Posted via Mobile Device

ThaVirus
11-12-2018, 07:14 AM

No you don't. You sound fucking ridiculous.

"Bell should just be grateful and have taken what he was offered!"

Just because any of us would have signed that contract in a heartbeat doesn't mean he should have.

GloryDayz
11-12-2018, 07:15 AM
Yeah but at the same time what the Steelers have done with Connor is rare. It's not easy to go from elite player to another (seemingly) elite player in such a short time even if the position is RB. Otherwise, every team would have an elite running back if it was so easy to get one. There's still a very big gap between serviceable and elite.
Posted via Mobile Device

We went from Priest (2nd all-time for Chiefs), to Larry (3rd all-time for Chiefs), to Jamaal (1st all-time for Chiefs), to Hunt (TBD); really? Which of those RBs wasn't elite? In a pass-happy league, the RB is important, but not as important.

BigRichard
11-12-2018, 10:44 AM
*Racist post removed*

What in the ****?

Abba-Dabba
11-12-2018, 12:42 PM
I'm not emotional about it at all. I just think that he's being greedy and I hope that he gets burned for his actions. I can't stand Bell or the Steelers. If Bell died tomorrow or the Steelers franchise closed their doors forever tomorrow, I would just say good riddanced and go on. It's just the principle of these players turning down more money per year than most people see in a lifetime because they think that they're worth more. That is pure greed. What can Bell do with$80 million that he can't do with $70 million? Either amount is more money than he and his kids and his kids kids can ever spend, so what's the point of the whole thing? Greed! Nothing but greed!

Yes you are. Wishing permanent physical injury because you do like another's choice on how they handle their own future potential earnings is getting overly emotional. Emotionally unhealthy to be more accurate.

Then you look at the fact that you don't know the person, will never know the person and receive zero emotional, physical or financial support from them makes it even worse. You have zero vested interest but act as if you are losing something if he doesn't make a deal that you deem, for yourself I might add, to be fair. Saying you're being too emotional about it is just being nice.

jjchieffan
11-12-2018, 12:56 PM
Yes you are. Wishing permanent physical injury because you do like another's choice on how they handle their own future potential earnings is getting overly emotional. Emotionally unhealthy to be more accurate.

Then you look at the fact that you don't know the person, will never know the person and receive zero emotional, physical or financial support from them makes it even worse. You have zero vested interest but act as if you are losing something if he doesn't make a deal that you deem, for yourself I might add, to be fair. Saying you're being too emotional about it is just being nice.

Whatever dude. Think what you want.

BryanBusby
11-12-2018, 12:57 PM
*Racist post removed*
Oh hey, thanks for chiming in Rush Limbaugh.

Marcellus
11-12-2018, 12:58 PM
Dudes can barely walk after 50 and some even kill themselves because of how ****ed their heads are after football and they call someone greedy for trying to maximize their earning potential lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Problem is he will need to make $14MM more in guaranteed money than he was offered prior to this season for him to maximize anything.

MTG#10
11-12-2018, 01:05 PM
Wow. What the ****. Isn’t racism against the rules here?

Nah, its just frowned upon.

ILChief
11-12-2018, 01:32 PM
So what team is gonna to be stupid and give him a huge deal?

My guess is the Dolphins

Sassy Squatch
11-12-2018, 02:15 PM
So what team is gonna to be stupid and give him a huge deal?

My guess is the Dolphins
Colts.

Skyy God
11-12-2018, 02:21 PM
Bell was right to reject the Steelers’ lowball offer, but he’s coming across like a flake in this standoff. His behavior + not reporting is gonna impact his guaranteed $$.

Also Schoe63 is a fat, cracker-ass racist POS.

Skyy God
11-12-2018, 02:23 PM
Colts.

Raiders. Especially if the move on from Carr this offseason.

Gonna need a splash FA to sell some tickets.

Buehler445
11-12-2018, 02:29 PM
Haha, hopefully not the latter! I wouldn’t expect it in intro micro/macro, but I would think it to be introduced in the 2nd level micro/macro. Definitely covered in mathematical economics or financial economics courses.

Granted, I have degrees in Econ, Math, and did a cross disciplinary actuarial program, so I took classes in the Econ, Math, Finance, and Business departments, all of which covered TVM. Which departments stressed it more is probably a bit hazy for me.

Yeah I took the intro classes in the business school and the intermediate classes in the Econ department and they didn’t talk about TVM. Maybe they should have but they didn’t. Finance covered the hell out of it though.

Like I said it was 15 years ago already. And he’ll it may have needed to be in there and the professors punted on it. The Econ department was 2 dudes and I think they got left alone for the most part so it may have been punted on.

Skyy God
11-12-2018, 02:31 PM
Yeah I took the intro classes in the business school and the intermediate classes in the Econ department and they didn’t talk about TVM. Maybe they should have but they didn’t. Finance covered the hell out of it though.

Like I said it was 15 years ago already. And he’ll it may have needed to be in there and the professors punted on it. The Econ department was 2 dudes and I think they got left alone for the most part so it may have been punted on.

Have Finance degree, don’t recall having to calculate NPV until like the intro class.

bowener
11-12-2018, 02:34 PM
Raiders. Especially if the move on from Carr this offseason.

Gonna need a splash FA to sell some tickets.

And Gruden is stubborn enough to believe the late 90s NFL model will work again; i.e. A running game and strong defense. Carr to Jags? Bortles to Gruden?

Buehler445
11-12-2018, 02:34 PM
Have Finance degree, don’t recall having to calculate NPV until like the intro class.

We were talking Econ. We are really having a dumb conversation. The only notable conclusion is damn it I’m old.

loochy
11-12-2018, 02:38 PM
*Racist post removed*

Well,

1) Black people are people
2) All people have brains
3) Some people's brains work at higher levels than other people's
4) Therefore, some black people are smart
Posted via Mobile Device

ThaVirus
11-12-2018, 04:15 PM
Problem is he will need to make $14MM more in guaranteed money than he was offered prior to this season for him to maximize anything.

He probably will.

Reports were that the Steelers had offered him $30m guaranteed. Gurley got $45.

I'd be willing to bet some team like Indy, Miami, NYJ or even Gruden's dumbass will pay him $50+m when he hits the market.

notorious
11-12-2018, 04:18 PM
Whoever gets him better pray the NFL lets their Oline hold like crazy or Bell will be a piece of shit.

penguinz
11-12-2018, 04:18 PM
He probably will.

Reports were that the Steelers had offered him $30m guaranteed. Gurley got $45.

I'd be willing to bet some team like Indy, Miami, NYJ or even Gruden's dumbass will pay him $50+m when he hits the market.
He still will not make up the $14M lost. Unless some team agrees to pay him a $14M bonus when he retires.

The money is lost.

GloryDayz
11-12-2018, 04:23 PM
Whoever gets him better pray the NFL lets their Oline hold like crazy or Bell will be a piece of shit.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/47/d3/e1/47d3e180cfe792d2e07bb072aa810d80.jpg

penguinz
11-12-2018, 04:31 PM
Whoever gets him better pray the NFL lets their Oline hold like crazy or Bell will be a piece of shit.Exactly. Conner's success should make teams think twice about breaking the bank on Bell. Is he really that good or did he benefit a great deal from the play of the O-line in front of him?

GloryDayz
11-12-2018, 04:37 PM
Exactly. Conner's success should make teams think twice about breaking the bank on Bell. Is he really that good or did he benefit a great deal from the play of the O-line in front of him?

Hey, even Denver's "one cut and go" (with some chop blocks they relabeled to cut blocks mixed in) system made some of their hacks look good too..

sedated
11-12-2018, 04:53 PM
He still will not make up the $14M lost. Unless some team agrees to pay him a $14M bonus when he retires.

The money is lost.

Eh.

If his $14 million came with a career-ending injury, he could be losing $20-30 million by not getting to a long-term deal.

penguinz
11-12-2018, 05:05 PM
Eh.

If his $14 million came with a career-ending injury, he could be losing $20-30 million by not getting to a long-term deal.
That is only true if someone is dumb enough to pay him $34M-$44 guaranteed. The $14M is still money he will never recover.

SuperBowl4
11-12-2018, 05:08 PM
Why would he report now with the chance of getting injured that would ruin his chances of landing with a new team that will give him a long term guaranteed contract that he wishes for? He is actually being smart. He is into this way too deep now to have a change of heart.

PAChiefsGuy
11-12-2018, 05:10 PM
No you don't. You sound ****ing ridiculous.

"Bell should just be grateful and have taken what he was offered!"

Just because any of us would have signed that contract in a heartbeat doesn't mean he should have.

Don't tell me wtf I think. Pretty sure I know what I am trying to say. Why would I lie to make posters on here like me? We both know I don't care about that...

You are trying to put words in my mouth that I did not say. I said Bell could have handled the situation better but I also defended him saying Steelers could have as well and that Bell holding out is probably about more than money.

It goes both ways as far as Bell having the right to holdout to hopefully get paid what he thinks he is worth. Guess what? The Steelers don't have to pay him what he wants if they don't feel he is worth it.

jjchieffan
11-12-2018, 05:14 PM
I don't agree with the tag counting as his second. He never signed it. He never reported to the team. Therefore, the team didn't gain the benefit of tagging him. He doesn't get an accrued season. WTH should he get the benefit of going to the 3rd tag status? Everything should reset back like this season never happened as far as the tag goes.

saphojunkie
11-12-2018, 05:15 PM
*Racist post removed*

Wow. I really am blown away by your abject racism. It makes me sad for you and your sad life. Especially knowing that your kind are dying off. You will leave the world unloved and unsung, and generations upon generations will think of your faceless, nameless kind with nothing but contempt.

Really, really pathetic that in 2018, with the whole of human intellect available at your disposal, this is the extent of your intelligence.

Sassy Squatch
11-12-2018, 05:21 PM
*Racist post removed*
https://media.tenor.com/images/8c3e9bc8514d79bd178f8db20b94705a/tenor.gif

SuperBowl4
11-12-2018, 05:22 PM
Wow. I really am blown away by your abject racism. It makes me sad for you and your sad life. Especially knowing that your kind are dying off. You will leave the world unloved and unsung, and generations upon generations will think of your faceless, nameless kind with nothing but contempt.

Really, really pathetic that in 2018, with the whole of human intellect available at your disposal, this is the extent of your intelligence."your kind are dying off" ? Seems like you a buying into the hate bait yourself

saphojunkie
11-12-2018, 05:24 PM
"your kind are dying off" ? Seems like you a buying into the hate bait yourself

Defending him, eh?

Gotcha.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but his kind are LITERALLY dying off. It's not hyperbole or inflammatory propaganda.

It's statistical fact.

saphojunkie
11-12-2018, 05:25 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/8c3e9bc8514d79bd178f8db20b94705a/tenor.gif

Fuck that. Fly your flag. Show us your true colors.

saphojunkie
11-12-2018, 05:27 PM
Dude is a moron!

Gee, I wonder what trait of his convinced you of that.

TLO
11-12-2018, 05:29 PM
*Racist post removed*

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/par.gif

ThaVirus
11-12-2018, 05:30 PM
Don't tell me wtf I think. Pretty sure I know what I am trying to say. Why would I lie to make posters on here like me? We both know I don't care about that...

You are trying to put words in my mouth that I did not say. I said Bell could have handled the situation better but I also defended him saying Steelers could have as well and that Bell holding out is probably about more than money.

It goes both ways as far as Bell having the right to holdout to hopefully get paid what he thinks he is worth. Guess what? The Steelers don't have to pay him what he wants if they don't feel he is worth it.

Uh, gee. Ya think?

ThaVirus
11-12-2018, 05:37 PM
The $14M is still money he will never recover.

We don't know that.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/7/18/17585956/leveon-bell-contract-steelers-offer-guaranteed-money-free-agency

According to this article, Rapoport reported that the Steelers offered Bell a 5 year $70m contract with just $10m guaranteed. That is absolutely horrible.

Dude's gonna sign a mega contract this offseason for like $50m guaranteed with one less NFL season of wear and tear and look like a fucking genius.

penguinz
11-12-2018, 06:05 PM
We don't know that.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/7/18/17585956/leveon-bell-contract-steelers-offer-guaranteed-money-free-agency

According to this article, Rapoport reported that the Steelers offered Bell a 5 year $70m contract with just $10m guaranteed. That is absolutely horrible.

Dude's gonna sign a mega contract this offseason for like $50m guaranteed with one less NFL season of wear and tear and look like a ****ing genius.he still won’t make back the $14M.

That $ is gone.

TLO
11-12-2018, 06:09 PM
Dartgod bringing out the broom in this bitch

Sassy Squatch
11-12-2018, 06:32 PM
Dartgod bringing out the broom in this bitch
Surprised it took that long. That was the most blatantly racist thing I've seen outside of DC in a long time.

Got a week off as well.

Marcellus
11-12-2018, 06:43 PM
We don't know that.

Dude's gonna sign a mega contract this offseason for like $50m guaranteed with one less NFL season of wear and tear and look like a ****ing genius.

The Gurley contract was stupid as well though.

What team who needs a RB has a QB on a rookie deal who can pay a RB stupid money?

ThaVirus
11-12-2018, 07:12 PM
he still won’t make back the $14M.

That $ is gone.

I mean, this is a strange argument you're making. Of course that money is gone. He didn't sign the tag so he never earned it. But the idea is for him to recoup that loss in future earnings while not risking further injury and damaging the potential to cash out on said future earnings.

He could have signed the initial contract offer and suffered a career ending injury then he'd only earn $10m in the long run.

He could have signed the franchise tag and suffered a career ending injury and only earned $14m.

Or he could sit out this season, avoiding all risk of further injury, and sign a mega contract worth far, far more than that initial lowball offer the Steelers put on the table. In this case, he's likely to make back that $14m plus more in just guaranteed dollars alone.

ThaVirus
11-12-2018, 07:13 PM
The Gurley contract was stupid as well though.

What team who needs a RB has a QB on a rookie deal who can pay a RB stupid money?

I'm not saying it'd be smart for any team to pay him.

I'm saying someone WILL pay him.

BryanBusby
11-12-2018, 07:27 PM
he still won’t make back the $14M.

That $ is gone.
Maybe. He could possibly get it back in guarantees from the next team, or more security in future years to gain a boost in base pay as it'll be cost prohibitive to cut him.

Will be interesting to see what he gets in an open market.

Pablo
11-12-2018, 07:40 PM
Surprised it took that long. That was the most blatantly racist thing I've seen outside of DC in a long time.

Got a week off as well.
He just forgot what forum he was posting in apparently. Gotta type that sorta stuff in the DC safe space to get away with it.

jjchieffan
11-12-2018, 07:40 PM
We don't know that.

Dude's gonna sign a mega contract this offseason for like $50m guaranteed with one less NFL season of wear and tear and look like a ****ing genius.

That's not accurate. There was a $10 million signing bonus, but also another $10 million due within days of signing. So, unless they were going to cut him right after signing him, it was really $20 million guaranteed. The reports are ambiguous after that. Apparently, he was going to be getting $47 million over the first 3 years. So really, that was the value of the deal. Which still seems awfully good to me.

O.city
11-13-2018, 12:48 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Steelers RB LeVeon Bell wants to be paid “As a franchise QB” according to texts from his agent. Sources say he is not afraid to retire if the money doesn’t match his expectations.</p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTak) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTak/status/1062036692171808768?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 12, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RunKC
11-13-2018, 12:48 PM
LMAO

Nobody is giving you that you dumbass

O.city
11-13-2018, 12:49 PM
Ah, I've been had by a fake twitter account. Shit.

Dayze
11-13-2018, 12:52 PM
LMAO

CTE + Potato IQ = Bell.

Sassy Squatch
11-13-2018, 12:58 PM
Ah, I've been had by a fake twitter account. Shit.
Rapsherted.

Marcellus
11-13-2018, 12:59 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Steelers RB LeVeon Bell wants to be paid “As a franchise QB” according to texts from his agent. Sources say he is not afraid to retire if the money doesn’t match his expectations.</p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTak) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTak/status/1062036692171808768?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 12, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Good luck with that dude.

penguinz
11-13-2018, 01:11 PM
Good luck with that dude.I think it makes total sense. Might be his plan all along to retire unless some team is dumb enough to throw an obscene amount of $ at him.

Sassy Squatch
11-13-2018, 01:12 PM
That's a fake Twitter, fellas.

BryanBusby
11-13-2018, 01:48 PM
ProFootballTak is the best

Marcellus
11-13-2018, 02:43 PM
I think it makes total sense. Might be his plan all along to retire unless some team is dumb enough to throw an obscene amount of $ at him.

Then he had zero risk of something bad happening making $14MM playing this season.

BryanBusby
11-13-2018, 02:50 PM
Why are you morons arguing over something that's a clear fake

lcarus
11-13-2018, 04:32 PM
Why would any team throw a mega deal this guys way? Good RBs for cheap are not hard to find. Im sure some dipshit team like the Jets or Redskins will sign him.

BryanBusby
11-13-2018, 04:35 PM
It's like people forget that Sam Bradford has made well over 100 million dollars

SuperBowl4
11-13-2018, 04:43 PM
You have to give LB some credit just for sticking to what he said. He's legit. He talked the talk and backed it up.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-13-2018, 04:44 PM
Breaking News: Chiefs plan to Cut Patrick mahomes and sign LeVeon Bell as QB this offseason

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-13-2018, 04:45 PM
Bell is a Dumbass.

FYP!

SuperBowl4
11-13-2018, 04:48 PM
FYP!when did I post that? Before I knew of all the contract details?

SuperBowl4
11-13-2018, 04:50 PM
FYP!ROFL

MahiMike
11-13-2018, 04:52 PM
What team has a good a chance of winning a SB than the Steelers? What a whore.

SuperBowl4
11-13-2018, 04:54 PM
Defending him, eh?

Gotcha.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but his kind are LITERALLY dying off. It's not hyperbole or inflammatory propaganda.

It's statistical fact.Nice spin.

Easy 6
11-13-2018, 04:56 PM
Not sure why anyone gives a rip about this dumbass, or his dumbass team

jaa1025
11-13-2018, 05:01 PM
It was stupid to sit out the season but if he sat out 10 weeks he might as well finish the season. He will never recoup that money and he won't get offered a better deal than he got from the steelers that paid him 47 million over the first 3 years.

Nickhead
11-13-2018, 05:36 PM
has anyone pondered whether or not bell is subject to drug testing? :D

saphojunkie
11-13-2018, 05:39 PM
Nice spin.

Dear God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...

-King-
11-13-2018, 05:46 PM
Why would any team throw a mega deal this guys way? Good RBs for cheap are not hard to find. Im sure some dipshit team like the Jets or Redskins will sign him.

So why doesn't every team have a good RB?
Posted via Mobile Device

RunKC
11-17-2018, 08:45 PM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/16/yes-odds-are-available-for-leveon-bells-next-contract/

$18 million for this guy?

Someone is going to fuck up the RB market and I bet it’s the Jets.

notorious
11-17-2018, 08:50 PM
The Jets deserves to suck for a decade if they pay Bell 18/year.

Mecca
11-17-2018, 08:54 PM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/16/yes-odds-are-available-for-leveon-bells-next-contract/

$18 million for this guy?

Someone is going to fuck up the RB market and I bet it’s the Jets.

Cause Gurley didn't already do that....

Colts and Packers should be in play for him also..

-King-
11-17-2018, 09:17 PM
Cause Gurley didn't already do that....

Colts and Packers should be in play for him also..

Yeah packers should be willing to pay him. Put him in their offense and they become more explosive than the Saints.
Posted via Mobile Device

RunKC
11-17-2018, 09:25 PM
It seems like the Packers are the only damn team that can’t draft a really good RB. It’s weird.

FloridaMan88
11-17-2018, 09:42 PM
Not sure why any team would want to give Bell a big contract, unless they are in a situation like Cleveland and the Raiders were in a few years ago where they have to spend money to avoid the salary floor/minimum.

Besides being able to find instantly productive RB's in the middle/later rounds of the draft (Kareem Hunt), Bell has only played in all 16 regular games once in his six year NFL career. Otherwise he's had issues with suspensions/injuries, etc.

Valiant
11-17-2018, 11:33 PM
I mean, this is a strange argument you're making. Of course that money is gone. He didn't sign the tag so he never earned it. But the idea is for him to recoup that loss in future earnings while not risking further injury and damaging the potential to cash out on said future earnings.

He could have signed the initial contract offer and suffered a career ending injury then he'd only earn $10m in the long run.

He could have signed the franchise tag and suffered a career ending injury and only earned $14m.

Or he could sit out this season, avoiding all risk of further injury, and sign a mega contract worth far, far more than that initial lowball offer the Steelers put on the table. In this case, he's likely to make back that $14m plus more in just guaranteed dollars alone.

This.

BlackOp
11-17-2018, 11:45 PM
Why do people discount what Bell does as a player...He's going to be the fastest player to 8000 yards surpassing Dickerson. He's a legit #2 WR option too...and a 2 time All-pro.

He's not an easily replaceable player...and has murdered KC.

Glad he is gone...

The Steelers dicking him around by franchising two years in a row is why this even happened...it's not a cool way to treat your franchise players.

They forced his hand ESPECIALLY after Gurley got payed on about half the resume. The contract they offered was a joke...and leaked the total (non guaranteed) to the press to make him appear like a greedy a-hole. They dirtied him pretty good..

ThaVirus
11-18-2018, 12:51 AM
Why do people discount what Bell does as a player...He's going to be the fastest player to 8000 yards surpassing Dickerson. He's a legit #2 WR option too...and a 2 time All-pro.

Glad he is gone...

The Steelers dicking him around by franchising two years in a row is why this even happened...it's not a cool way to treat your franchise players.

They forced his hand ESPECIALLY after Gurley got payed on about half the resume. The contract they offered was a joke...and leaked the total (non guaranteed) to the press to make him appear like a greedy a-hole. They dirtied him pretty good..

Probably because they recognize the numbers he puts up are largely scheme and volume dependent.

It doesn't matter who's in that backfield lately- they'll put up big numbers. Conner is actually out producing Bell and they didn't miss a beat when Bell was suspended a few seasons ago and Deangelo Williams filled in.

BlackOp
11-18-2018, 12:57 AM
Probably because they recognize the numbers he puts up are largely scheme and volume dependent.

It doesn't matter who's in that backfield lately- they'll put up big numbers. Conner is actually out producing Bell and they didn't miss a beat when Bell was suspended a few seasons ago and Deangelo Williams filled in.

Bell deserves to get his 2nd contract...he's earned it. I'm siding with him on this one...Steelers didnt want to pay him...someone will and they are getting an all-pro player. He's putting up HOF numbers so far...

RippedmyFlesh
11-18-2018, 01:39 AM

Glad he is gone...

I hope potential free agents agree with you there. Would be great if this was the beginning of their end.

kccrow
11-18-2018, 04:01 AM
Yeah packers should be willing to pay him. Put him in their offense and they become more explosive than the Saints.
Posted via Mobile Device

It seems like the Packers are the only damn team that can’t draft a really good RB. It’s weird.

They have a really good running back in Aaron Jones but Mike McCarthy is a fucking idiot. They could sign AP or Berry Sanders in their primes and McCarthy would still be a fucking idiot.

displacedinMN
11-18-2018, 07:39 AM
Kharma will get him.

He will sign with Tampa, OAK/LV. Play 3 games and blow an ACL or Achilles.

-King-
11-18-2018, 08:10 AM
Kharma will get him.

He will sign with Tampa, OAK/LV. Play 3 games and blow an ACL or Achilles.

Wtf? Karma from what? Using his only option to avoid having to play on a franchise tag a second time?

It really is amazing how owners have fooled fans into thinking players are the enemy.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pablo
11-18-2018, 08:17 AM
Wtf? Karma from what? Using his only option to avoid having to play on a franchise tag a second time?

It really is amazing how owners have fooled fans into thinking players are the enemy.
Posted via Mobile Device

You have to cuck for your boss or you're a bad person.

NJChiefsFan
11-18-2018, 08:22 AM
Bell deserves to get his 2nd contract...he's earned it. I'm siding with him on this one...Steelers didnt want to pay him...someone will and they are getting an all-pro player. He's putting up HOF numbers so far...

Unless it's a team that just has an endless amount of money to spend, and there are a few, it's not worth it. With all the money that needs to go to positions you can't spend that much at RB considering how easy it is to fill that hole relative to other positions.

Think of how much better off PIT is getting to have Connor and then spend Bell's money elsewhere.

jjchieffan
11-18-2018, 09:34 AM

Glad he is gone...

That's a bunch of bullshit. The Steelers we're willing to make him the highest paid running back in the league. But he didn't want running back money, he wanted wide receiver money. I hate the Steelers. I hate Bell. But more than that, I hate the greed being displayed by Bell. The Steelers didn't make him look greedy. His unreasonable salary demands did. The Steelers drafted them and used the tag to retain him when he got stupid with his demands. If he would have been reasonable, he would have his long term deal. I don't see how you can twist this to put it on the Steelers.

Abba-Dabba
11-18-2018, 09:34 AM

Posted via Mobile Device

I don't think owners have fooled them so much as taken advantage of their feelings of envy. I remember a time when people were angry when the SF Giants paid Will Clark 4m/yr. You heard statements that indicated that people thought paying athletes million dollar salaries was insanely stupid. Yet people don't even bat a eye at 4 million now. It will be the same for Bell in a couple years and envious fans will move on to their next guy they view as overpaid.

jjchieffan
11-18-2018, 09:36 AM

Posted via Mobile Device

He demanded wide receiver money!! He's not a wide receiver!! That puts it squarely on Bells shoulders

ThaVirus
11-18-2018, 09:41 AM
He demanded wide receiver money!! He's not a wide receiver!! That puts it squarely on Bells shoulders

The Steelers lowballed him.

Why is Bell catching all this heat from you? You look ridiculous.

Pablo
11-18-2018, 09:45 AM

Because Bell believes the Earth is 700 years old.

jjchieffan
11-18-2018, 02:55 PM

I just hate the greed. Nothing personal against him. I think that it's ridiculous what he's done. And I don't see how the richest contract ever to a running back is lowballing him. You think that I look ridiculous because of my view. But I find your continuous defense of him to be just as ridiculous. That's just our opinions.

Abba-Dabba
11-18-2018, 02:58 PM
I just hate the greed. Nothing personal against him. I think that it's ridiculous what he's done. And I don't see how the richest contract ever to a running back is lowballing him. You think that I look ridiculous because of my view. But I find your continuous defense of him to be just as ridiculous. That's just our opinions.

Are you giving a pass to franchises that are greedy as well? How much is Arrowhead parking again on game day?

-King-
11-18-2018, 03:07 PM

He had 85 receptions for 655 yards in 2017. Positions be damned, he deserves a lot more than just running back money.

To put it in perspective, Sammy Watkins got 16mil a year from us. He had 39 receptions and 593 yards last year.

Please tell me why LeVeon shouldn't demand more money than Watkins.
Posted via Mobile Device

Red Dawg
11-18-2018, 03:14 PM
Rams were stupid with Gurley and some team will be stupid enough to pay Bell what he wants. RBs are not worth anything near that.

ThaVirus
11-18-2018, 03:34 PM
He had 85 receptions for 655 yards in 2017. Positions be damned, he deserves a lot more than just running back money.

To put it in perspective, Sammy Watkins got 16mil a year from us. He had 39 receptions and 593 yards last year.

Please tell me why LeVeon shouldn't demand more money than Watkins.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jimmy Graham made the same argument years ago when he was in New Orleans

Mecca
11-18-2018, 03:39 PM

It's not ridiculous that the Steelers could have basically rode him in his last year and then let him walk as a shell of himself?

Is that a fair thing to do?

kccrow
11-18-2018, 05:13 PM
It's not ridiculous that the Steelers could have basically rode him in his last year and then let him walk as a shell of himself?

Is it fair for Bell, who was offered a top-15 contract for players that aren't a QB, to squabble over the guaranteed portion of the contract when he is the biggest reason for not getting guaranteed money? He was twice suspended for violating the substances of abuse policy. Once in 2015 for possession for 4 games and again in 2016 for failure to report to a drug screen (presumably because he was still smoking the green shit) for what would have been 4 games if the NFLPA didn't reach a settlement with the league for 3. He also has an MCL tear in 2015.

While I'd otherwise agree that he should get more guaranteed based on performance and a reasonable expectation for that to continue, I'd also not disregard the potential for him to get caught again and miss much more than 4 games. A 4 game suspension is a Stage Two violation of the League's SOA policy, which Bell has already had, and also carries a two-season continued testing and advancement window. With his violation in 2016 again, he may have been advanced to Stage Three because two Stage Two violations in 24 months is an automatic advancement. If you go to Stage Three, you stay there for the remainder of your career. If he's in Stage Two and gets caught with marijuana again, it's 6 games but it's 10 if he's in Stage Three.

Mecca
11-18-2018, 05:23 PM
That contract they offered him was a shit deal.

I don't blame them for not wanting to pay a dime a dozen position and I also don't blame him for trying to protect himself.

SuperBowl4
11-18-2018, 10:28 PM
That contract they offered him was a shit deal.

I don't blame them for not wanting to pay a dime a dozen position and I also don't blame him for trying to protect himself.I like LB because he isn't a Steeler fan

RippedmyFlesh
11-18-2018, 10:35 PM

No not fair but basically how every running back is handled.

GloryDayz
11-20-2018, 05:05 AM

Posted via Mobile DeviceEric Berry says hi.

Sent from my 9+ using Tapatalk

11-20-2018, 05:48 AM
I've never understood why teams are allowed to use the franchise tag on a player twice. Why didn't the NFLPA fight against that?

Its a real shit move for owners to do that. NOt saying bell isn't being a drama queen here in his current pay expectations but getting tagged twice just shouldn't happen. God forbid it happens three times.

GloryDayz
11-20-2018, 07:01 AM
I've never understood why teams are allowed to use the franchise tag on a player twice. Why didn't the NFLPA fight against that?

Its a real shit move for owners to do that. NOt saying bell isn't being a drama queen here in his current pay expectations but getting tagged twice just shouldn't happen. God forbid it happens three times.

Meh, there's too much moving around as it is, maybe this makes it just a little less bad.

Perhaps the answer is to have the NFL start being the direct employer (they are anyway) and letting them decide salaries for each player and who plays on which team each year.