PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs KC CHIEFS vs. LA RAMS: Who wins? Your predictions?

Trivers
11-12-2018, 11:23 AM
11th game of season:

Monday Night

Chiefs 9-1
Rams 9-1

What say yea?

Trivers
11-12-2018, 11:25 AM
Hey, I'm a Homer.

Chiefs show up with A game and win by 10.

34-24

New World Order
11-12-2018, 11:29 AM
Going to enjoy my Baja Blast while I watch a 63-7 Chiefs victory

BleedingRed
11-12-2018, 11:30 AM
Chiefs 42
Rams 30

Reerun_KC
11-12-2018, 11:30 AM
Rams 35
Chiefs 31

Its just time for the Chiefs to drop a critical game...

Hydrae
11-12-2018, 11:36 AM
Hey, I'm a Homer.

Chiefs show up with A game and win by 10.

34-24

Don't have a specific score but I think we win by low double digits.

TLO
11-12-2018, 11:37 AM
It rains heavily all day before kickoff and the field essentially becomes a pit of mud. Neither offense is able to move the ball whatsoever.

Eric Berry picks up a TG fumble and returns it for a TD.

Chiefs 7
Rams 3

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-12-2018, 11:46 AM
Rams 35
Chiefs 31

Its just time for the Chiefs to drop a critical game...

We know you're really a Bronco fan.

siberian khatru
11-12-2018, 11:47 AM
I just see too much Gurley

Reerun_KC
11-12-2018, 12:01 PM
We know you're really a Bronco fan.

We all know you’re really a Alex Only Fan.

kccrow
11-12-2018, 12:01 PM
Should be an interesting and entertaining game...

KC defense is tied for 1st in the NFL in sacks at 31 and the LA defense is tied for 9th in the NFL in sacks at 26 but both have a game up on most teams.

KC offense is tied for 6th in the NFL in sacks allowed with only 17 while the LA offense is tied for 10th at 19.

The LA pass defense is ranked 20th with 2,331 yards while KC's is ranked 32nd with 2,890.

The KC pass offense is ranked 2nd with 3,055 yards (and 31 TDs) while LA's is ranked 3rd with 3,032 (and 22 TDs).

The LA rush offense is ranked 1st with 1,448 yards (and 14 TDs) while KC's is ranked 10th with 1,176 yards (and 10 TDs).

The KC rush defense is ranked 26th with 1,217 yards (and 12 TDs) while LA's is ranked 27th with 1,221 yards (and 8 TDs).

KC special teams is 5th in yards per kickoff return at 24.7 while LA ranks 17th at 21.9. KC is 3rd in yards per punt return at 13.9 (and 1 TD) and LA is 4th at 12.9.

KC special teams are ranked 9th in yards allowed per kickoff return at 21.1 and LA ranks 15th at 22.6. KC ranks 1st in yards allowed per punt return at 2.7 and LA ranks 15th at 7.7. Neither has allowed a return TD.

KC's offense is 2nd in points per game at 35.3 and LA is 3rd at 33.5. LA's defense ranks 12th at 23.1 points per game and KC is tied for 16th at 24.0 points per game.

My in-depth, superb analysis of all this says close game. LOL...
Anyhow, I'm going with the Rams winning the battle for yards but the Chiefs winning the game 31-28.
Statistical Estimates:
Rams 429 total yds - 296 pass yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT, 3 Sacks allowed 133 rush yds, 2 TDs
Chiefs 389 total yds - 269 pass yds, 3 TDs, 1 INT, 2 Sacks allowed 120 rush yds, 1 TDs

DJ's left nut
11-12-2018, 12:15 PM
I kinda feel like the Chiefs come up for air in this one and lose. And if they do, it could get ugly.

This game is just not terribly meaningful if the Chiefs do what they need to do for the rest of the season. They also have the Bye coming up and this is just a weird game. It would be so easy for them to just come out a bit flat and end up losing.

One curveball is the loss of Cooper Kupp - that could be ENORMOUS.

These offenses that are so dynamic are doing so because they can so routinely put one more guy out in the pattern than you can account for. It's why the Chiefs look far more mortal when Watkins is out. There's a tipping point and with the Rams, I think Kupp could easily have been that tipping point.

In losing him, the Rams may have to be more conventional. And they've been such a predictable formation team this year - 11 personnel and 3 WRs 95% of the time or so. Well now they either scrap that plan or they're throwing a decoy out there as their WR3.

When you just lost the formation you use 95% of the time - or at least a key component to that formation - there's an adjustment period. And when that player may have been the 'puke point' weapon that put your offense over the top anyway, it's doubly damaging.

But in the end, even a 'conventional' Rams team is really good and I just get the feeling that this game means more to the fans than it does to the Chiefs. They want that bye and a nice little 5 game winning streak to end the year. That gives them everything they wanted and it's eminently doable.

carcosa
11-12-2018, 12:17 PM
Chiefs 52
Rams 17

RunKC
11-12-2018, 12:19 PM
Cooper Kupp is a big loss and we have the best pass rush in the league.

Gurley will get his, but we easily have the better pass rush with 5 guys capable of getting home on any play. I don’t see Goff beating us when he’s under such pressure.

I think that’s the difference that will hold them off just enough.

Chiefs-41
Rams-37

DJ's left nut
11-12-2018, 12:24 PM
Cooper Kupp is a big loss and we have the best pass rush in the league.

Gurley will get his, but we easily have the better pass rush with 5 guys capable of getting home on any play. I don’t see Goff beating us when he’s under such pressure.

I think that’s the difference that will hold them off just enough.

Chiefs-41
Rams-37

If the Rams win, the score won't be that high, IMO.

I would think something like Rams 31, Chiefs 23. The Chiefs have to settle for too many field goals, the Rams managed to do what the Cardinals did and have a couple of drives that lean heavily on Gurley to take our offense out of rhythm.

Hell, even 31 might be too high and the thing could just be weird.

If I were betting the Rams, I'd take the under (presuming it to be in the high 50s to low 60s) and if I were betting the Chiefs I'd take the over.

O.city
11-12-2018, 12:25 PM
If Gurley gets going, the Chiefs pass rush won't be what it has been. THe play action will just be tough to defend.

Gonna need the front 7 to put their big boy pants on.

jaa1025
11-12-2018, 12:29 PM
Chiefs win handily. The Rams are overrated and have one of the worst defenses that the Chiefs will have faced.

The Chiefs rank #3 over all against the opposing #1 WR and #2 overall against the #2 WR. They struggle against the other WR's, TE and RB out of the backfield. Losing Kupp hurts the Rams against KC. Hopefully, with Sorenson coming back and with DoD playing more, the other numbers improve along with the rush defense.

And it would be nice if Berry would make an appearance...

KC_Lee
11-12-2018, 12:31 PM
Going full homer on this one...

KC goes up by 17 early. Marcus Peters reports to the burn ward after he gives up a 50 yard bomb and a 70 yard bomb, each for a TD, in back to back series. His return to the field is promptly met by steamrolling Karem Hunt run that make Peters a part of the stadium turf.

KC wins in a shootout;

KC - 45
LA - 31

Clyde Frog
11-12-2018, 12:32 PM
How did we get to page 2 without this?
https://media.giphy.com/media/rYjsTHH8apL0I/giphy.gif

Molitoth
11-12-2018, 12:32 PM
I think the Rams win this one.

DJ's left nut
11-12-2018, 12:33 PM
Chiefs win handily. The Rams are overrated and have one of the worst defenses that the Chiefs will have faced.

The Chiefs rank #3 over all against the opposing #1 WR and #2 overall against the #2 WR. They struggle against the other WR's, TE and RB out of the backfield. Losing Kupp hurts the Rams against KC. Hopefully, with Sorenson coming back and with DoD playing more, the other numbers improve along with the rush defense.

And it would be nice if Berry would make an appearance...

The problem is that you can't play DoD against the Rams as much because even in their 11 personnel they'll spread you out and let Gurley wreck you. And with Williams and Nnadi doing a poor job of keeping guys off the ILBs, DoD will get driven out of the play on any designed interior run.

Yes, if the interior DL can keep the ILBs clean, maybe you can get away with more DoD but let's not act like he's been all wine and roses out there. He's getting beat up on runs directly at him and has had some notable coverage breakdowns as well. I'm seeing more and more why he wasn't out there earlier.

Don't get me wrong - I'm happy to see him playing/learning, but he's definitely raw and far from a finished product. I don't see him being a key cog in slowing down Gurley this week - he's too easy to manipulate or scheme towards.

BryanBusby
11-12-2018, 12:35 PM
Vamos a follarlos en la nariz, amigo.

htismaqe
11-12-2018, 12:37 PM
The problem is that you can't play DoD against the Rams as much because even in their 11 personnel they'll spread you out and let Gurley wreck you. And with Williams and Nnadi doing a poor job of keeping guys off the ILBs, DoD will get driven out of the play on any designed interior run.

Yes, if the interior DL can keep the ILBs clean, maybe you can get away with more DoD but let's not act like he's been all wine and roses out there. He's getting beat up on runs directly at him and has had some notable coverage breakdowns as well. I'm seeing more and more why he wasn't out there earlier.

Don't get me wrong - I'm happy to see him playing/learning, but he's definitely raw and far from a finished product. I don't see him being a key cog in slowing down Gurley this week - he's too easy to manipulate or scheme towards.

DOD was noticeably (I mean it stuck out like a sore thumb) out of position more than once yesterday. He's a work in progress for sure. Like you, I don't see him being a big factor against the Rams.

T-post Tom
11-12-2018, 12:41 PM
The Rams' fears have been confirmed.

Cooper Kupp is expected to miss the remainder of the season after being diagnosed with a torn ACL suffered Sunday against the Seahawks, ESPN reported, citing sources.

Kupp left the game in the fourth quarter Sunday with a knee injury, and, after the team's 36-31 win, coach Sean McVay told reporters the injury was "not good," per NFL.com.

Kupp undwerwent an MRI on Monday that confirmed the severity of the injury.

The wide receiver went down on the field in pain after running a route that didn't appear to involve any contact. After being tended to, he limped to the locker room.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/cooper-kupp-injury-update-rams-knee-torn-acl-out-for-season-nfl-news/g5ywcn92mtja142n0ydajom2p

Skyy God
11-12-2018, 12:44 PM
I’m worried about their pash rush, especially after they acquired Fowler.

Gonna need a lot of misdirection and quick hitting plays.

BleedingRed
11-12-2018, 01:07 PM
I’m worried about their pash rush, especially after they acquired Fowler.

Gonna need a lot of misdirection and quick hitting plays.

Their pass rush can be complete negated with outside zone runs & jet sweeps.

BigRedChief
11-12-2018, 01:14 PM
Figuring a shoot out. But, the Rams defense is way better than ours and will get more stops than our defense.

RunKC
11-12-2018, 01:15 PM
DOD was noticeably (I mean it stuck out like a sore thumb) out of position more than once yesterday. He's a work in progress for sure. Like you, I don't see him being a big factor against the Rams.

I think he’s crucial.

He needs to shadow Gurley all game. We need him covering Gurley in the passing game.

Kiimo
11-12-2018, 01:17 PM
I think the Rams win this one.

They're a completely different offense without Kupp in my opinion.

Chiefs by 4

T-post Tom
11-12-2018, 01:17 PM
Opening over/under: 64 points. WOW!

Why Not?
11-12-2018, 01:27 PM
It rains heavily all day before kickoff and the field essentially becomes a pit of mud. Neither offense is able to move the ball whatsoever.

Eric Berry picks up a TG fumble and returns it for a TD.

Chiefs 7
Rams 3

Some folks may have even believed this if you had left out the most implausible part of that story. Eric Berry playing in a game

surfdoggie5
11-12-2018, 01:27 PM
This is a tough one....

-Rams have a slightly better offense than the Chiefs but it's so close, that really it's a draw.

-The Chiefs D is getting better, but the Ram's D overall is much better than the Chiefs at this point. In particular their D-line. After seeing the Chiefs O-line get manhandled by the Cards, Mahomes better be ready to get rid of that ball quick! One way to try and mitigate the Rams superior D-line is to serve up a large heaping of HUNT. They (the Rams) can be run on.

-Special teams are close as well with a slight advantage to the Chiefs. The Chiefs have better return teams, but the Rams have a better kick/punt block game.

-Coaches...once again, I call it a draw, with a slight advantage to Reid, because of his experience.

-Wins/losses are the same, with the Chiefs having 2 quality wins and the Rams having 3.

I'm calling it Rams, 38-33

Why Not?
11-12-2018, 01:30 PM
But, the Rams defense is way better than ours and will get more stops than our defense.

I'm not sure this is true. The Rams will have the single best defensive player on the field but their secondary is trash and their LB corps is nothing to worry about. Find a way to block Donald or design plays to get away from him and the Chiefs should win relatively handily. 38-27 KC

DJ's left nut
11-12-2018, 01:32 PM
I think he’s crucial.

He needs to shadow Gurley all game. We need him covering Gurley in the passing game.

Then they'll just run right at him. DoD can be useful in clear passing downs but they can't have him out there in run situations. He'll get mauled. This isn't a Chris Johnson type of runner. Gurley can and will wreck shit between the tackles and DoD will be badly exposed, IMO.

surfdoggie5
11-12-2018, 01:35 PM
I'm not sure this is true. The Rams will have the single best defensive player on the field but their secondary is trash and their LB corps is nothing to worry about. Find a way to block Donald or design plays to get away from him and the Chiefs should win relatively handily. 38-27 KC

Rams D-stats are misleading. In 3 different games, they have taken out their starters either in the 3rd quarter, or the beginning of the 4th quarter. Reid...and i wish he would stop doing this, leaves the starters in for the whole game every game.

Randallflagg
11-12-2018, 01:40 PM
Honest to god - I have no idea who wins - but I chose KC b y less than 7.....it "should" be a damn fine game, though.....

jaa1025
11-12-2018, 01:42 PM

He does struggle when blockers engage him but he's the only LB on the roster that can cover backs out of the backfield consistently. Like DJ, he will have to learn to avoid these blocks to have a successful career. He will play a lot against the Rams, IMO, for better or worse.

And I think the problem with the run defense is largely to do with the line and/or scheme more than anything.

jaa1025
11-12-2018, 01:45 PM
Rams D-stats are misleading. In 3 different games, they have taken out their starters either in the 3rd quarter, or the beginning of the 4th quarter. Reid...and i wish he would stop doing this, leaves the starters in for the whole game every game.

The 3 games must have been the cupcake games because every other game except the chargers have been down to the last drive. They aren't misleading in a good way...they aren't a good defense at all. They are probably towards the bottom 1/3rd of the league defensively. They are very soft outside the hashes but tighten up in the middle of the field.

BleedingRed
11-12-2018, 01:50 PM
This is a tough one....

-Rams have a slightly better offense than the Chiefs but it's so close, that really it's a draw.
By what measure?
-The Chiefs D is getting better, but the Ram's D overall is much better than the Chiefs at this point. In particular their D-line. After seeing the Chiefs O-line get manhandled by the Cards, Mahomes better be ready to get rid of that ball quick! One way to try and mitigate the Rams superior D-line is to serve up a large heaping of HUNT. They (the Rams) can be run on.

-Special teams are close as well with a slight advantage to the Chiefs. The Chiefs have better return teams, but the Rams have a better kick/punt block game.

-Coaches...once again, I call it a draw, with a slight advantage to Reid, because of his experience.

-Wins/losses are the same, with the Chiefs having 2 quality wins and the Rams having 3.
Uh....
I'm calling it Rams, 38-33

Good god.............

kysirsoze
11-12-2018, 02:07 PM
Chiefs have had tougher schedule and have a better point differential. Gurley is a problem, but he's always going to get his. Too many weapons for the Chiefs. Chiefs win it but they keep it close thanks to Gurley.

Clyde Frog
11-12-2018, 02:08 PM
The Rams' fears have been confirmed.

Cooper Kupp is expected to miss the remainder of the season after being diagnosed with a torn ACL suffered Sunday against the Seahawks, ESPN reported, citing sources.

Kupp left the game in the fourth quarter Sunday with a knee injury, and, after the team's 36-31 win, coach Sean McVay told reporters the injury was "not good," per NFL.com.

Kupp undwerwent an MRI on Monday that confirmed the severity of the injury.

The wide receiver went down on the field in pain after running a route that didn't appear to involve any contact. After being tended to, he limped to the locker room.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/cooper-kupp-injury-update-rams-knee-torn-acl-out-for-season-nfl-news/g5ywcn92mtja142n0ydajom2p

God dammit, now I need to change my fantasy name from, "Two Gurleys, One Kupp". Any ideas for a mid season switch?

ChiefBlueCFC
11-12-2018, 02:13 PM
The Chiefs 76

The Rams negative 12

htismaqe
11-12-2018, 02:14 PM
I think he’s crucial.

DOD can't shadow Gurley. He's physically overmatched, Gurley will plow through him all day if they do that.

JakeF
11-12-2018, 02:15 PM
Depends on the health of the Chiefs. Does Watkins play? Does a miracle happen and Eric Berry suddenly comes to life? Is Houston better after working off the rust?

Our offense seems to go to a different gear with Sammy in the lineup even though he might not catch a lot passes. He forces coverages to spread out and opens up passing lanes.

We need all hands on deck to win.

carcosa
11-12-2018, 02:24 PM
Depends on the health of the Chiefs. Does Watkins play? Does a miracle happen and Eric Berry suddenly comes to life? Is Houston better after working off the rust?

Our offense seems to go to a different gear with Sammy in the lineup even though he might not catch a lot passes. He forces coverages to spread out and opens up passing lanes.

We need all hands on deck to win.

Sammy will play. I'd bet Simply Red's life on it.

RaidersOftheCellar
11-12-2018, 02:25 PM
KC 41
Lambs 34

DJ's left nut
11-12-2018, 02:29 PM
He does struggle when blockers engage him but he's the only LB on the roster that can cover backs out of the backfield consistently. Like DJ, he will have to learn to avoid these blocks to have a successful career. He will play a lot against the Rams, IMO, for better or worse.

And I think the problem with the run defense is largely to do with the line and/or scheme more than anything.

I said in another thread that I agree - the run defense issue is looking to fall on the DTs more than I realized. But that is still the world we live in this week. And yes, DoD will need to be able to avoid being engaged to succeed and seems to have the athleticism to do that - but again, that's a long-term answer to an immediate problem.

This week I don't think you can expect that DoD will suddenly be able to avoid the OL or that our DTs will suddenly have a switch flip and they'll occupy blockers better.

Right now we need to operate in the world in real time and that world is one where I think O'Daniel would get his ass handed to him if left out there to fend for himself in run downs. Is that a personal indictment on him? No - just a statement of where we are right now.

Skyy God
11-12-2018, 02:30 PM
God dammit, now I need to change my fantasy name from, "Two Gurleys, One Kupp". Any ideas for a mid season switch?

Rolling With Mahomies.

Works better if you actually have Pat on your team.

wazu
11-12-2018, 02:31 PM
Picking the Chiefs. Andy gets an extra day. I also think the Rams practicing in Colorado is a mistake.

carcosa
11-12-2018, 02:32 PM
Picking the Chiefs. Andy gets an extra day. I also think the Rams practicing in Colorado is a mistake.

They're gonna get in trouble with that Colorado Springs nightlife

Nzoner
11-12-2018, 02:34 PM

Granted, this is from the NFL scoring leaders in defense for fantasy but Rams are 2nd Chiefs 5th,of course neither team has had their bye. (http://fantasy.nfl.com/research/scoringleaders#researchScoringLeaders=researchScoringLeaders%2C%2Fresearch%2Fscoringleaders%253Fposi tion%253D8%2526statCategory%253Dstats%2526statSeason%253D2018%2526statType%253DseasonStats%2526statW eek%253D10%2Creplace)

KC= more sacks,more INT's,more ST return td's and tied for TD's

Rams= more safeties,fumble recoveries and have allowed 7 less points than KC

ntexascardfan
11-12-2018, 02:38 PM
The Seahawks gave the Rams fits yesterday when they came out in a bear front. Gurley really struggled to get traction in the run game.

I say put our corners on an island and shut down Gurley.

bowener
11-12-2018, 02:39 PM
If Aaron Donald is held in check and our D has a good day:

Chiefs 55
Rams 48 - Gurley scores 3 times

If Aaron Donald rapes our interior line and the D falls apart:

Chiefs 35
Rams 52 - Gurley scores 4 times

This game will be a shootout. I think the refs will call it to help it be a shoot out too.

big nasty kcnut
11-12-2018, 02:40 PM
Your asking for my prediction? Pain for the rams.

DJ's left nut
11-12-2018, 02:45 PM
The Seahawks gave the Rams fits yesterday when they came out in a bear front. Gurley really struggled to get traction in the run game.

I say put our corners on an island and shut down Gurley.

Without Kupp, it's not a bad idea.

Woods is neither remarkably fast or remarkably large; Nelson can hang with him. Cooks is a dynamic player but Fuller has the wheels and the length to stick with him well enough.

I think I'd dare them to beat us in the air for sure. That's why I'm not on the "have DoD shadow Gurley" train. I'd rather take the opposite approach and focus on locking down the run game. Have a safety tasked with shadowing Gurley out of the backfield if need be and play a cover 1. They don't have a TE worth worrying about so I'm not terribly concerned about getting beat up there.

I'm not sure what you'd call it, but you'd have something of an 'option bracket' coverage where you have your safety playing in the box to stop the run but also willing/able to leak out into coverage should Gurley be in the pattern. And if it's Dirty Dan, he's shown the ability to get to the QB on occasion as well so if Gurley stays in to block, have Sorensen get after the QB.

It'd take some balls to play most of that game in Cover 1 with a burner like Cooks on the field, but I am 100% opposed to those goddamn death by 1,000 papercut drives where they use 12 plays and 7 minutes to beat us. Using a sort of 46 defense can get us to a point where we see more wins and/or faster losses. I'm fine with that.

Be aggressive against the run on 1st and 2nd down, get yourself in favorable positions to deploy DoD on third downs and if they beat you quick - okay, you get the ball, go score.

Best22
11-12-2018, 02:47 PM
45-38 Chiefs

Chiefs4TheWin
11-12-2018, 02:53 PM
For once... I have no idea how this one will go.

It hinges on the Rams not committing to the run or the Chiefs forcing them to abandon it for the Chiefs to win.

That's about all I know for sure. Oh and run it at Peters every chance you can.

ChiTown
11-12-2018, 02:56 PM
Good Guys 41
Lambs 38

wazu
11-12-2018, 02:59 PM
Without Kupp, it's not a bad idea.

Woods is neither remarkably fast or remarkably large; Nelson can hang with him. Cooks is a dynamic player but Fuller has the wheels and the length to stick with him well enough.

I think I'd dare them to beat us in the air for sure. That's why I'm not on the "have DoD shadow Gurley" train. I'd rather take the opposite approach and focus on locking down the run game. Have a safety tasked with shadowing Gurley out of the backfield if need be and play a cover 1. They don't have a TE worth worrying about so I'm not terribly concerned about getting beat up there.

I'm not sure what you'd call it, but you'd have something of an 'option bracket' coverage where you have your safety playing in the box to stop the run but also willing/able to leak out into coverage should Gurley be in the pattern. And if it's Dirty Dan, he's shown the ability to get to the QB on occasion as well so if Gurley stays in to block, have Sorensen get after the QB.

It'd take some balls to play most of that game in Cover 1 with a burner like Cooks on the field, but I am 100% opposed to those goddamn death by 1,000 papercut drives where they use 12 plays and 7 minutes to beat us. Using a sort of 46 defense can get us to a point where we see more wins and/or faster losses. I'm fine with that.

Be aggressive against the run on 1st and 2nd down, get yourself in favorable positions to deploy DoD on third downs and if they beat you quick - okay, you get the ball, go score.

Well I’ve heard enough. You’re hired.

crayzkirk
11-12-2018, 03:06 PM
Chiefs - 34
Rams - 38

The last team with the ball wins...

DJ's left nut
11-12-2018, 03:16 PM
Well I’ve heard enough. You’re hired.

Sweet - I just told off the boss and quit my job. I figured I'd just go ahead and better-deal my wife while I'm at it so I bare-backed my secretary as a final hoo-rah.

When do I get my ID badge and keycard to Arrowhead? I wanna go see the view from Clark's suite before I get to work...

Clyde Frog
11-12-2018, 03:16 PM
Rolling With Mahomies.

Works better if you actually have Pat on your team.

Thats pretty good. Not quite vulgar enough for the league though. Ill probably steal that for my pick 'em league next year. Danke.

DJ's left nut
11-12-2018, 03:36 PM
I heard an idea somewhere that I thought was interesting.

Just about everyone scripts their first 15 right? Hell, I'd say they all do. So that's pretty much the 'punch 'em in the mouth' set of plays designed to set a tone. Well the idea I heard was just to play a bombshell for those first 15 to try to get them burned off.

It's weird, but there's some logic to it. A lot of coaches aren't as good at adjusting on the fly and you know the players won't be as sharp executing plays outside of those scripted plays. So if you can get them to use 10 of those on the first drive and 5 on the second - well you're through the hard part, no? Now they're going off script and you're in more of a chess match scenario.

So if you're playing a team with superior firepower on offense (or at least more talent than you have on defense) - are you well served STARTING in something of a prevent? Make them burn through those scripted plays and then try to lock it down when they're working off-script and with plays the personnel has presumably practiced less?

I'm not sure I'm totally sold on it, but it's not the worst idea I've ever heard. Certainly runs in opposition to my "fuck it, stop 'em or let 'em score in 2 minutes" approach, but there may be some merit to it.

BigRedChief
11-12-2018, 04:49 PM
Well I’ve heard enough. You’re hired.yep, if we play down the middle of a run/pass defense, i think we get burned big time by Gurley.

We need to Bellicheck this one. Take away one player/threat and then let the chips fall where they may. If we can at least slow down Gurley, maybe we have a chance.

FlaChief58
11-12-2018, 04:52 PM
33-30 Chiefs

Easy 6
11-12-2018, 05:02 PM
46 - 43 :arrow:

Money gets the ball back with 30 seconds remaining, puts Butker in range for the winner