PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs **** The Official The Chiefs vs. The Rams Game Thread****

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

big nasty kcnut
11-19-2018, 12:00 AM
It's go time.

PASSING YARDS
KC
P. Mahomes
231-345, 3150 YDS, 31 TD, 7 INT
LAR
J. Goff
227-332, 3134 YDS, 22 TD, 6 INT

RUSHING YARDS
KC
K. Hunt
167 CAR, 754 YDS, 7 TD
LAR
T. Gurley II
198 CAR, 988 YDS, 13 TD

RECEIVING YARDS
KC
T. Hill
55 REC, 891 YDS, 9 TD
LAR
B. Cooks
51 REC, 857 YDS, 3 TD

Game temperature will be in mid 60s. Hopefully the smoke won't affect the chiefs play.

Hammock Parties
11-19-2018, 12:04 AM
Something thunders on the horizon.

https://i.imgur.com/6uadPNV.gif

ROYC75
11-19-2018, 12:11 AM
In for the win!

carcosa
11-19-2018, 12:14 AM
I BELIEF THAT CHIEFS WILL WIN!!!

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-19-2018, 12:25 AM
Thank God Nut is back on the case!

Direckshun
11-19-2018, 12:41 AM
4th quarter, 0:05 left on the clock. Game is tied 58-58. The ball is on the Chiefs own 4 yard line.

Goff takes the snap and hands it off to Gurley.

Gurley leaps as high into the air as his body musters, allowing him to narrowly hurdle the flying blur of Dee Ford. He lands and immediately jackknifes his body backwards to limbo under the corpse of a blocking tight end that Justin Houston hurled at him. The offensive lineman are ragdolled and tossed a variety of heights into the air as Chris Jones, Allen Bailey, and (why not) Dorian O'Daniel stampede through their resistance.

Gurley holds the ball tight against his chest and jumps off the unconscious remains of Roger Saffold and launches himself without reservation towards the endzone. Bailey, Jones, and O'Daniel each clench onto his torso to try to slow his advancement.

Yet Gurley's body stretches towards the promised land, Michael Jordan style in "Space Jam," as there is seemingly nothing that can be done.

But as he holds the ball out for the endzone, he feels the ball hit one last barrier: it is the Haglund deformity in Eric Berry's heel. Berry was actually activated and nobody checked because everyone believed he was still """""day to day""""".

Well to the surprise of all, this is his day.

His Haglund's deformity now a strength, Berry stands at the goal line facing away from the line of scrimmage, putting his deformed, mutant heel against the ball, causing Gurley's arm to do its best Alex Smith lower leg impression and crumple like an empty beer can.

The ball now lay unattended on the field, a legal fumble. Berry does a casual 180, scoops the ball up, and begins a casual jog to the other end of the field.

20 yards down, Brandon Cooks dives for his legs but the second he grabs Berry's heel, his body turns to Thanos-snapped ash.

40 yards down, Robert Woods finally collapses on #BerryStrong but upon Berry's now-exposed heel touching his skin, his skin turns to stone and freezes him in a perpetual tableau at the 50 yard line.

Goff, who had retreated to his own end zone the moment he handed Todd Gurley the ball, walks up to Eric Berry as they meet at the 20, standing 2 feet away from one another. In tears, Goff squeals "the power of Haglund's deforms you!!!"

In an irritated growl, Berry reveals why he never had surgery on his heel and roundhouse kicks Goff with the full force of his Haglund's deformity, driving his victim four feet into the turf, destroying the playing surface as every NFL executive still stranded in Mexico City throws up their hands, screaming "AH COME ONNN"

Berry steps over the Goff crater, walks into the end zone, and wins the Week 11 regular season matchup against a nonconference opponent for the Chiefs.

Michele Tafoya pulls him aside as the Chiefs bow before their defensive captain and $12 million capspace liability, saying "I thought you were doubtful for today's game??"

Eric Berry, never taking his eyes off the horizon, replies "Doubtful they'd win" and walks directly away from the camera as fireworks explode in the distance.

Hammock Parties
11-19-2018, 12:45 AM
LMAO LMAO

We have to win now.

R Clark
11-19-2018, 12:55 AM
Go Chiefs

Joshuabmayer
11-19-2018, 12:57 AM
Holy shit that's one hell of an story/ending. I'm glad I'm up this late and can't sleep just so I could read it.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

TimBone
11-19-2018, 01:10 AM
In for the muthafuckin' win!!!

TimBone
11-19-2018, 01:26 AM
Bravo, Direckshun. Bravo.

CasselGotPeedOn
11-19-2018, 01:27 AM
Why wouldn't they just kick the field goal? :hmmm:

Nickhead
11-19-2018, 01:38 AM
I BELIEF THAT CHIEFS WILL WIN!!!

Eye Nose they will :D

just sucks i cant watch it live with the new job. :cuss:

kc rush
11-19-2018, 01:47 AM
In. Bring this home Nut.

Nickhead
11-19-2018, 01:49 AM
4th quarter, 0:05 left on the clock. Game is tied 58-58. The ball is on the Chiefs own 4 yard line.

Gurley leaps as high into the air as his body musters, allowing him to narrowly hurdle the flying blur of Dee Ford. He lands and immediately jackknifes his body backwards to limbo under the corpse of a blocking tight end that Justin Houston hurled at him. The offensive lineman are ragdolled and tossed a variety of heights into the air as Chris Jones, Allen Bailey, and (why not) Dorian O'Daniel stampede through their resistance.

Gurley holds the ball tight against his chest and jumps off the unconscious remains of Roger Saffold and launches himself without reservation towards the endzone. Bailey, Jones, and O'Daniel each clench onto his torso to try to slow his advancement.

Yet Gurley's body stretches towards the promised land, Michael Jordan style in "Space Jam," as there is seemingly nothing that can be done.

But as he holds the ball out for the endzone, he feels the ball hit one last barrier: it is the Haglund deformity in Eric Berry's heel. Berry was actually activated and nobody checked because everyone believed he was still """""day to day""""".

His Haglund's deformity now a strength, Berry stands at the goal line facing away from the line of scrimmage, putting his deformed, mutant heel against the ball, causing Gurley's arm to do its best Alex Smith lower leg impression and crumple like an empty beer can.

The ball now lay unattended on the field, a legal fumble. Berry does a casual 180, scoops the ball up, and begins a casual jog to the other end of the field.

20 yards down, Brandon Cooks dives for his legs but the second he grabs Berry's heel, his body turns to Thanos-snapped ash.

40 yards down, Robert Woods finally collapses on #BerryStrong but upon Berry's now-exposed heel touching his skin, his skin turns to stone and freezes him in a perpetual tableau at the 50 yard line.

Goff, who had retreated to his own end zone the moment he handed Todd Gurley the ball, walks up to Eric Berry as they meet at the 20, standing 2 feet away from one another. In tears, Goff squeals "the power of Haglund's deforms you!!!"

In an irritated growl, Berry reveals why he never had surgery on his heel and roundhouse kicks Goff with the full force of his Haglund's deformity, driving his victim four feet into the turf, destroying the playing surface as every NFL executive still stranded in Mexico City throws up their hands, screaming "AH COME ONNN"

Berry steps over the Goff crater, walks into the end zone, and wins the Week 11 regular season matchup against a nonconference opponent for the Chiefs.

Michele Tafoya pulls him aside as the Chiefs bow before their defensive captain and $12 million capspace liability, saying "I thought you were doubtful for today's game??"

Eric Berry, never taking his eyes off the horizon, replies "Doubtful they'd win" and walks directly away from the camera as fireworks explode in the distance.

umm, as nice as that was, you should have saved this speech for the super bowl... but then again i guess you could repost it when the time is right. :D

New World Order
11-19-2018, 01:50 AM
WE GOTTA BELIEF!

T-post Tom
11-19-2018, 02:18 AM
Cheerleader battle at half-time should be interesting.

NSFWhttps://i.imgur.com/qkfUGBY.gif

JakeLV
11-19-2018, 02:21 AM
Cheerleader battle at half-time should be interesting.

NSFWhttps://i.imgur.com/qkfUGBY.gif

Legit weirdest thing I’ve seen today.

T-post Tom
11-19-2018, 02:28 AM
Legit weirdest thing I’ve seen today.

The day is young sir: NSFW
https://i.imgur.com/3BQnqWA.gif

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-19-2018, 02:29 AM
LMAO

TwistedChief
11-19-2018, 02:37 AM
Clay breaking out GoT? This just got real.

Hammock Parties
11-19-2018, 02:46 AM
Clay breaking out GoT? This just got real.

Valar Morghulose

"All men must lose."

CaliforniaChief
11-19-2018, 02:51 AM
#ArrowheadWest

JakeLV
11-19-2018, 03:06 AM
The day is young sir: NSFW
https://i.imgur.com/3BQnqWA.gif

It was only 22 minutes into my new day sir, so you are correct.

That being said, a turd cutter having a turd cutter isn’t as weird as knives from nips.

I think this is a picture of my spirit animal.

Naptown Chief
11-19-2018, 03:09 AM
Chiefs will be 10-1 come Tuesday.

T-post Tom
11-19-2018, 03:25 AM
It was only 22 minutes into my new day sir, so you are correct.

That being said, a turd cutter having a turd cutter isn’t as weird as knives from nips.

I think this is a picture of my spirit animal.

trying harder...

https://media.giphy.com/media/IYvwmICATgdR6/giphy.gif

MMXcalibur
11-19-2018, 03:56 AM
I sure hope we win this game.
That'd be swell.

Danguardace
11-19-2018, 04:41 AM
Feel like the pressure has been lifted with that chargers loss can just sit back and enjoy.

St. Patty's Fire
11-19-2018, 04:59 AM
This has been the longest week ever

Hopefully we go in there and curbstomp them so I can get to sleep by 11. But we all know this is going to come down ro the last play and there will be no sleep for either fanbase.

Hammock Parties
11-19-2018, 05:16 AM
I really hope we win.

I can't take zero respect from morons until the playoffs arrive.

FlaChief58
11-19-2018, 06:19 AM
I really hope we win.

Don't worry, they'll be happy to tell us how the lambs beat themselves and despite the loss are still the team to beat. That and how the chargers are in the driver's seat to win the west.

Johnny Vegas
11-19-2018, 06:20 AM
Fly Chiefs fly! C H I E F S CHIEFS!!

Coochie liquor
11-19-2018, 06:32 AM
Tonight we have a chance to show we’re an actual contender, not a pretender! Let’s do this shit!!! Go Chiefs!!

Reerun_KC
11-19-2018, 06:40 AM
Saints are the team to beat. Not the Rams.

Reerun_KC
11-19-2018, 06:40 AM
We will be fine.

BleedingRed
11-19-2018, 07:04 AM
GoT GIF should have Mahomes as dragon with Andy riding him

Hammock Parties
11-19-2018, 07:07 AM
GoT GIF should have Mahomes as dragon with Andy riding him

Chiefs gotta earn that reveal.

CupidStunt
11-19-2018, 07:11 AM
I really hope we win.

Bro, at the very worst, they win in a shootout. No team in the league is stopping us. So we'll get plenty of respect for losing close to a super-elite team.

It's a damn shame our 4 toughest opponents so far have all been on the road. If this game was at Arrowhead I think we win by 10 and get all dat respek.

BigRedChief
11-19-2018, 07:17 AM
Too many "The's" in the title of the game day thread. We will blame you if we lose. CP's lawyers will be contacting you concerning reimbursement for our pain and suffering.

MGRS13
11-19-2018, 07:20 AM
Peter king just let the cat out of the bag in his column on profootballtalk."both teams will be down a reciever cupp and watkins.". So I guess sammy ain't playing

TLO
11-19-2018, 07:21 AM
Peter king just let the cat out of the bag in his column on profootballtalk."both teams will be down a reciever cupp and watkins.". So I guess sammy ain't playing

Link?

pugsnotdrugs19
11-19-2018, 07:22 AM
Let’s go

MGRS13
11-19-2018, 07:26 AM
ProFootballTalk : FMIA Week 11—Embedded in New Orleans: The Ritz, the Rout and the Reason the Saints Are Unstoppable
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/19/new-orleans-saints-drew-brees-sean-payton-fmia-nfl-week-11-peter-king/

RaidersOftheCellar
11-19-2018, 07:28 AM
According to St John, the Chiefs lead the Rams in offensive AND defensive yards per play.

And vs a tougher schedule, right?

Chiefs4TheWin
11-19-2018, 07:29 AM
In.. I hope we win this!

pugsnotdrugs19
11-19-2018, 07:31 AM
ProFootballTalk : FMIA Week 11—Embedded in New Orleans: The Ritz, the Rout and the Reason the Saints Are Unstoppable
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/19/new-orleans-saints-drew-brees-sean-payton-fmia-nfl-week-11-peter-king/

Well, we’ve got a bye week coming right up. It’s a lot more important to have Sammy Watkins after that than tonight. Luckily they’re missing Kupp too so it’s basically eye for an eye this week.

Bob Dole
11-19-2018, 07:34 AM
Feel like the pressure has been lifted with that chargers loss can just sit back and enjoy.

Exactly my thought.

MGRS13
11-19-2018, 07:37 AM
Well, we’ve got a bye week coming right up. It’s a lot more important to have Sammy Watkins after that than tonight. Luckily they’re missing Kupp too so it’s basically eye for an eye this week.

Another soft player on a soft team. Imo this has always been a big problem for Ried and the chiefs since he has been the coach. He's a great coach but his teams are always soft.

staylor26
11-19-2018, 07:38 AM
I don’t feel good about this at all.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-19-2018, 07:38 AM
Controlling the game with Hunt is all the more important with Watkins out. I don’t see our receivers behind Hill getting open against M2M coverage with any consistency.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-19-2018, 07:41 AM
Another soft player on a soft team. Imo this has always been a big problem for Ried and the chiefs since he has been the coach. He's a great coach but his teams are always soft.

I think soft is the wrong word, specifically as it pertains to Watkins. That dude looks like a RB when he has the ball in his hands. He bulls into defenders and doesn’t shy away from hits.

Unfortunately, he’s likely working through this injury and he and the team know that it’s a lot more important to have him through December and the playoffs than tonight. The Super Bowl will not be won or lost in this game. HFA, the division, none of it will be won or lost tonight.

RaidersOftheCellar
11-19-2018, 07:47 AM

Nice work.

MGRS13
11-19-2018, 07:51 AM
I think soft is the wrong word, specifically as it pertains to Watkins. That dude looks like a RB when he has the ball in his hands. He bulls into defenders and doesn’t shy away from hits.

Unfortunately, he’s likely working through this injury and he and the team know that it’s a lot more important to have him through December and the playoffs than tonight. The Super Bowl will not be won or lost in this game. HFA, the division, none of it will be won or lost tonight.

Maybe. It's just a little frustrating that a stinger or normal wear and tear for players on another team turn into multiple missed games for chiefs players.

DTVietnam
11-19-2018, 08:00 AM
any injury update?..any word on Watkins?

Simply Red
11-19-2018, 08:12 AM
Saints are the team to beat. Not the Rams.

I totally TOTALLY agree - they're scary.

Simply Red
11-19-2018, 08:14 AM

see post#44

Marcellus
11-19-2018, 08:16 AM
Maybe. It's just a little frustrating that a stinger or normal wear and tear for players on another team turn into multiple missed games for chiefs players.

I dont want to shit this thread up but you are making shit up.

Simply Red
11-19-2018, 08:17 AM

You just wonder where he gets that Intel. I'm hoping it's speculation.

digger
11-19-2018, 08:18 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UrBU2b03Wts/TzNeSplmldI/AAAAAAAAC-Y/nxf0JEnH_MI/s1600/its_showtime.gif

redfan
11-19-2018, 08:21 AM
In, like a street taco with fresh pico.

ptlyon
11-19-2018, 08:22 AM
Ask not what this country can do for you, but one giant leap for Chiefs kind.

MGRS13
11-19-2018, 08:23 AM
I dont want to shit this thread up but you are making shit up.

Didn't mean to. Again just my opinion. I'm not the first person to accuse this team of being a little soft. More then one of these guys seems to be day to day more often then not.

Best22
11-19-2018, 08:24 AM

1. I’d rather have Watkins healthy for the playoffs.
2. Many of these players already play with alot of pain. I’m pretty sure Hunt isn’t feeling quite as good as he did in week 1. Everybody’s already hurt, just not bad enough to show up on the injury report

Mecca
11-19-2018, 08:25 AM
Sammy Watkins has had some foot issues in the past, I don't think it's remotely being soft it's the team being smart not wanting to turn a 2 week injury into a 2 month injury.

Simply Red
11-19-2018, 08:27 AM
Sammy Watkins has had some foot issues in the past, I don't think it's remotely being soft it's the team being smart not wanting to turn a 2 week injury into a 2 month injury.

have you heard anything aside from the Peter King tweet? Gosh I hope he can go.

staylor26
11-19-2018, 08:28 AM
Lol CP is a joke

Anybody that ever gets injured on the Chiefs must be soft, right? :rolleyes:

MGRS13
11-19-2018, 08:30 AM

Sure yep I get it. It's the NFL everyone is a little hurt at this point. I just don't see the attitude of "I don't care, if I could walk I was gonna play in this game.". And maybe that is a thing of the past. I don't know. I know having watkins on the field is huge for the O. If he doesn't play the chiefs will miss him. If he can't go he can't go. But if he's 70%. You gotta get out there

RunKC
11-19-2018, 08:35 AM
Controlling the game with Hunt is all the more important with Watkins out. I don’t see our receivers behind Hill getting open against M2M coverage with any consistency.

The Rams secondary sucks dude LMAO

Best22
11-19-2018, 08:35 AM
Sure yep I get it. It's the NFL everyone is a little hurt at this point. I just don't see the attitude of "I don't care, if I could walk I was gonna play in this game.". And maybe that is a thing of the past. I don't know. I know having watkins on the field is huge for the O. If he doesn't play the chiefs will miss him. If he can't go he can't go. But if he's 70%. You gotta get out there

Guys have a lot of pain we don’t know about because they have zero incentive to tell anyone. I remember Kelce got shoulder surgery after 2016 and no one knew when he got hurt. Mahomes got surgery on both arms after his 2016 Tech season, but he played every game

I want Watkins healthy in the playoffs, period. This Rams game is only a non-conference game anyway, despite the hype

CupidStunt
11-19-2018, 08:37 AM
I'd rather be "soft" and elite than tough and dogshit. There are no elite, "tough" teams. You think the Saints or Rams are tough? ROFL

ptlyon
11-19-2018, 08:41 AM
If you guys think Watkins isn't going to play against his old team in the biggest game of the year to date, you guys need to lay off the cabbage

Marcellus
11-19-2018, 08:41 AM
I'd rather be "soft" and elite than tough and dogshit. There are no elite, "tough" teams. You think the Saints or Rams are tough? ROFL

Tough to beat is all that matters.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-19-2018, 08:48 AM

It’s not great but their safeties are decent. Shields and Robey-Coleman can probably contain our backup WRs if nothing else, unlike Watkins.

All I’m saying is neither Conley or D-Rob have shown they can win vs. man coverage consistently and until they do, I’m gonna doubt them.

Mecca
11-19-2018, 08:57 AM
I don't even expect him to be out honestly but I think they're being cautious.

Simply Red
11-19-2018, 09:04 AM

John Johnson is good.

Marcellus
11-19-2018, 09:11 AM
I don't even expect him to be out honestly but I think they're being cautious.

Its not been actually reported he will be out, I guess activating Dieter may have escalated the rumors though.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-19-2018, 09:12 AM
John Johnson is good.

Joyner is solid too. Their safeties are fine, although neither can keep up with Kelce imo.

O.city
11-19-2018, 09:19 AM
Watkins is pretty soft injury wise.

Simply Red
11-19-2018, 09:20 AM
wow - this will be interesting to see if Sammy goes - I kind of doubt he does :(

Next man up though! LETS GO!!!

BleedingRed
11-19-2018, 09:22 AM
Its time........

https://i.redd.it/1xrszz5gb6jz.gif

carcosa
11-19-2018, 09:24 AM
Lol CP is a joke

Anybody that ever gets injured on the Chiefs must be soft, right? :rolleyes:

I'm honestly amazed football players don't die the first time they get hit. It's an insanely violent sport and so sometimes guys get hurt

...if they're SOFT!!!!!!!

carcosa
11-19-2018, 09:26 AM
wow - this will be interesting to see if Sammy goes - I kind of doubt he does :(

Next man up though! LETS GO!!!

U must belief!!!!

BryanBusby
11-19-2018, 09:27 AM
PUT HIM IN A SKQUIRT

Marcellus
11-19-2018, 09:34 AM

Well he came back in the game after getting hurt, which was probably not the smart thing to do.

O.city
11-19-2018, 09:41 AM
Well he came back in the game after getting hurt, which was probably not the smart thing to do.

He's just always nicked up and hurt it seems like. When he's healthy, he's fucking good.

He's just always nicked up.

Jerok
11-19-2018, 10:07 AM
Win this game and the division is virtually over and home field is more likely and we are the darlings of the nfl

wazu
11-19-2018, 10:28 AM
Had a dream it was late in the fourth quarter and we were up something like 28-14. So bet everything you’ve got on the under and Chiefs moneyline.

RunKC
11-19-2018, 10:41 AM
I agree with the post that said whoever gets the lead first will have the advantage. I want the Chiefs to get the ball first and set the tempo.

The Rams and Chiefs are basically the same type of teams with the same gameplan.

Get the lead and let your pass rush tee off

Rain Man
11-19-2018, 10:48 AM
I'm already stretching and warming up.

O.city
11-19-2018, 11:04 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> WR Sammy Watkins &amp; <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/LARams?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#LARams</a> CB Marcus Peters are getting ready to face their former teams, what each is saying about it - plus, why Andy Reid says there’s a “pretty good chance” Watkins plays tonight despite the foot injury <a href="https://t.co/dr3xBXmw90">pic.twitter.com/dr3xBXmw90</a></p>&mdash; Omar Ruiz (@OmarDRuiz) <a href="https://twitter.com/OmarDRuiz/status/1064553476640915464?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 19, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

O.city
11-19-2018, 11:05 AM
I agree with the post that said whoever gets the lead first will have the advantage. I want the Chiefs to get the ball first and set the tempo.

The Rams and Chiefs are basically the same type of teams with the same gameplan.

I think having it to start the 2nd half is just so damn important. Especially in these types of games where there's the possibility of a lot of points. To be able to double dip and score twice without having to give the opponent a chance to match is just a damn big advantage.

You could extend a lead and make it nice and comfy or make up ground.

Naptown Chief
11-19-2018, 11:12 AM
Let the sacrificial slaughter commence.

This will be the first time since the Mesoamerican empires that public execution/human sacrifice will be done in a public setting and as sport.

CHIEFS

LoneWolf
11-19-2018, 11:18 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> WR Sammy Watkins &amp; <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/LARams?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#LARams</a> CB Marcus Peters are getting ready to face their former teams, what each is saying about it - plus, why Andy Reid says there’s a “pretty good chance” Watkins plays tonight despite the foot injury <a href="https://t.co/dr3xBXmw90">pic.twitter.com/dr3xBXmw90</a></p>&mdash; Omar Ruiz (@OmarDRuiz) <a href="https://twitter.com/OmarDRuiz/status/1064553476640915464?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 19, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://media.giphy.com/media/rl0FOxdz7CcxO/giphy.gif

Simply Red
11-19-2018, 11:18 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/rl0FOxdz7CcxO/giphy.gif

i can't listen right now - what'd it say?

pugsnotdrugs19
11-19-2018, 11:19 AM
So it sounds like they were just being cautious in practice this week

htismaqe
11-19-2018, 11:22 AM
I think having it to start the 2nd half is just so damn important. Especially in these types of games where there's the possibility of a lot of points. To be able to double dip and score twice without having to give the opponent a chance to match is just a damn big advantage.

You could extend a lead and make it nice and comfy or make up ground.

THIS.

Having the ball first in the 2nd half has been a big key in their offensive output so far. You could tell a big difference in the Cardinals game when they didn't win the toss.

LoneWolf
11-19-2018, 11:23 AM

Sammy is "likely to play" in tonight's game.

Naptown Chief

It says Simply Red is a very nice young man. It also says Sammy, being the reptilian solar being that he is, has regenerated a new foot and it should be ready come game time.

RunKC
I would not be shocked to see the empty formation used more than half of the game by Andy.

Take advantage of the mismatch

KChiefs1
11-19-2018, 11:24 AM

So you hope the Rams win the toss.

Simply Red
11-19-2018, 11:25 AM
http://i63.tinypic.com/10544ro.gif

O.city
11-19-2018, 11:26 AM
THIS.

Having the ball first in the 2nd half has been a big key in their offensive output so far. You could tell a big difference in the Cardinals game when they didn't win the toss.

I would always prefer to do that. Let me have it after halftime.

Just such an advantage. You get a quick 3 and out to start the game and you're in a position to essentially have 3 possessions without giving the opposition a chance to have the ball. Kinda. Not really, but kind of.

BWillie
11-19-2018, 11:27 AM
Any news on the air quality? There have been other events cancelled due to the air qualify from the wild fires - heard the stadium is reasonably close to that area where the fires had been.

saphojunkie
11-19-2018, 11:32 AM
Walking into work today, the security guard asked me who I'm pulling for tonight. I like the Rams, I really do. And then, words came out of my mouth that I was shocked by, and tried to understand why I said them. He asked me who I was pulling for, and I said...

A rematch.

And that's the truth. Win or lose, I just wanted to face this team again this year.

now that I have some distance from it, I am getting more angry about the prospect of KC not shitkicking the rams in the teeth. Let's fucking go.

carcosa
11-19-2018, 11:35 AM
http://i63.tinypic.com/10544ro.gif

im hoarney now

The Franchise
11-19-2018, 11:40 AM
It’s time to put the entire NFL on fucking notice.

saphojunkie
11-19-2018, 11:41 AM

The AFC be like, "TRIED TO WARN YOU BRUH"

The Franchise
11-19-2018, 11:46 AM
My guess right now is a Chiefs - Saints Super Bowl.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-19-2018, 11:58 AM

yarp.

carcosa
11-19-2018, 11:58 AM
yarp.

yerp

RunKC
11-19-2018, 11:59 AM
I would always prefer to do that. Let me have it after halftime.

Just such an advantage. You get a quick 3 and out to start the game and you're in a position to essentially have 3 possessions without giving the opposition a chance to have the ball. Kinda. Not really, but kind of.

I don’t think we will stop them on the opening drive. McVay is really good at scripting the first 15 plays like Andy.

htismaqe
11-19-2018, 11:59 AM

Drew Brees is getting a ring this year. Mark it down. I hope the Chiefs can make it to a Super Bowl and all but Brees is going to retire Elway and Manning style.

htismaqe
11-19-2018, 12:00 PM
I don’t think we will stop them on the opening drive. McVay is really good at scripting the first 15 plays like Andy.

The Chiefs defense has been pretty good on opening drives this year. You're way overestimating the impact of this. Getting the ball to start the 2nd half is WAY more important.

RunKC
11-19-2018, 12:02 PM
Drew Brees is getting a ring this year. Mark it down. I hope the Chiefs can make it to a Super Bowl and all but Brees is going to retire Elway and Manning style.

Unfortunately I agree.

Saints have just been killing teams with their offense. I want to at least get to the SB if we get HFA.

Just get there and anything can happen.

O.city
11-19-2018, 12:03 PM
That Saint offense looks pretty unreal. They're on pace to be better than the 07 Pats.

I dunno if anyone is beating them.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-19-2018, 12:04 PM
That Saint offense looks pretty unreal. They're on pace to be better than the 07 Pats.

Yeah they’re legit but so are we imo

Simply Red
11-19-2018, 12:06 PM

when we're healthy on a neutral field - we can toe-to-toe them, bud.

O.city
11-19-2018, 12:06 PM
Yeah they’re legit but so are we imo

Chiefs offense as good as it's been isn't quite the animal the Saints are right now.

It can be I think but right now, yeesh.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-19-2018, 12:09 PM
Chiefs offense as good as it's been isn't quite the animal the Saints are right now.

It can be I think but right now, yeesh.

I think the same can be said from their perspective. On a neutral turf site in Atlanta, it’s hard to see either team stopping the other often.

But I actually do like our defense more if we’ve got all our horses rolling.

Hydrae
11-19-2018, 12:09 PM
Had a dream it was late in the fourth quarter and we were up something like 28-14. So bet everything you’ve got on the under and Chiefs moneyline.

Don't know about your dream but if I was a betting man (I am not) I would take the points (Chiefs win outright, getting points is just gravy!) and the under. I think the world will be quite surprised when this game is nowhere near the shootout most expect.

RunKC
11-19-2018, 12:10 PM
I think the same can be said from their perspective. On a neutral turf site in Atlanta, it’s hard to see either team stopping the other often.

But I actually do like our defense more if we’ve got all our horses rolling.

They would destroy us on the ground. That OL and Ingram/Kamara?

Goddamn

tk13
11-19-2018, 12:11 PM
It's almost been lost because of the Mahomes hype, of all things, but Brees is on pace to have basically the best QB season ever. He's on pace to put up over 4500 yards, he has 25 TD and 1 INT, which is completely ridiculous. Then you consider he's completing 77% of his passes, which would shatter the record. Those are unbelievable numbers for a QB, especially one who plays that aggressively. If he can finish it out he's going to put up numbers you'd struggle to put up in a video game and win MVP.

wazu
11-19-2018, 12:13 PM
It's almost been lost because of the Mahomes hype, of all things, but Brees is on pace to have basically the best QB season ever. He's on pace to put up over 4500 yards, he has 25 TD and 1 INT, which is completely ridiculous. Then you consider he's completing 77% of his passes, which would shatter the record. Those are unbelievable numbers for a QB, especially one who plays that aggressively. If he can finish it out he's going to put up numbers you'd struggle to put up in a video game.

Why such a low TD total? Did he miss a couple of games?

htismaqe
11-19-2018, 12:13 PM
It's almost been lost because of the Mahomes hype, of all things, but Brees is on pace to have basically the best QB season ever. He's on pace to put up over 4500 yards, he has 25 TD and 1 INT, which is completely ridiculous. Then you consider he's completing 77% of his passes, which would shatter the record. Those are unbelievable numbers for a QB, especially one who plays that aggressively.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep. Brees is ridiculous. And to think how mediocre he was before going to the Saints.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-19-2018, 12:16 PM
They would destroy us on the ground. That OL and Ingram/Kamara?

Goddamn

More likely than not but you’re talking about a game where there’s two weeks to prepare, two great coaches, it’s the SB, usually a great game...

I think it’d be the game of the year either way.

tk13
11-19-2018, 12:16 PM
Why such a low TD total? Did he miss a couple of games?

You joke but they actually do lead the league in rushing TDs by a fair margin.

If Brees finishes with like 40 TD and 2 or 3 INT it's going to be pretty much unprecedented.

jaa1025
11-19-2018, 12:19 PM
It's almost been lost because of the Mahomes hype, of all things, but Brees is on pace to have basically the best QB season ever. He's on pace to put up over 4500 yards, he has 25 TD and 1 INT, which is completely ridiculous. Then you consider he's completing 77% of his passes, which would shatter the record. Those are unbelievable numbers for a QB, especially one who plays that aggressively. If he can finish it out he's going to put up numbers you'd struggle to put up in a video game and win MVP.

He plays in a dome 10 out of 16 games a year in a dink and dunk offense designed for high completion percentage passes. Mahomes has played every game, 1 with wet field conditions and others with wind that he hasn't had to deal with. Mahomes has played in a more down field offense comparatively.

Also, The Chiefs have also had a much more difficult schedule so far but that should even out as the Saints remaining schedule is much more difficult after this week.

staylor26
11-19-2018, 12:20 PM
Lol @ anybody conceding defeat to the Saints

If we get Berry, Morse, and LDT back we’re the best team in the league

tk13
11-19-2018, 12:23 PM
I actually do think you can beat the Saints but you need to get them out of that dome. If the Rams have to go there in the playoffs it's going to be a real tough road.

wazu
I can’t seriously be concerned with any NFC team until we get past the Divisional round.

Mecca
The Saints would probably be above 500 even without Brees, their run game is stupid good.

tk13
11-19-2018, 12:26 PM
I can’t seriously be concerned with any NFC team until we get past the Divisional round.

Yeah, my honest worry is that the way the AFC looks all of these playoff games are going to be a coin flip of who has the ball last. That's basically how the Steelers and Patriots games went.

O.city
11-19-2018, 12:26 PM
The Saints would probably be above 500 even without Brees, their run game is stupid good.

It's interesting that we get to see what it's actually like for a HOF QB to have the best running game in the league.

That offense is just unreal efficient. I'd be interested to see the Bears d have a crack at it.

RedRaider56
11-19-2018, 12:28 PM
In For the Win!

Simply Red
11-19-2018, 12:32 PM

Yip, I'm with ya.

Ours could be too - it's just not our attack style-O-choice.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-19-2018, 12:33 PM
The Saints are living proof that you can’t just set the running game aside because you have a great QB. Hell, they saw the other side of it from 2012-2016.

htismaqe
11-19-2018, 12:34 PM

I don't think anybody is "conceding". The Saints do look awfully good though.

O.city
11-19-2018, 12:35 PM
I don't think anybody is "conceding". The Saints do look awfully good though.

Yeah, they're on a historic pace.

It's pretty impressive.

Kiimo
11-19-2018, 12:37 PM
If I was a Saints fan, I'd be terrified of peaking too early. That's not just superstition, that happens.

Ask a KU fan.

Jerm
11-19-2018, 12:38 PM
Gotta love the Saints doing all they could yesterday to pad stats for Brees yesterday...dude was sure grinding hard for ever number yesterday even though personal accolades don't mean anything to him....allegedly.

Stryker
11-19-2018, 12:40 PM
It's interesting that we get to see what it's actually like for a HOF QB to have the best running game in the league.

That offense is just unreal efficient. I'd be interested to see the Bears d have a crack at it.

That is my thoughts exactly. The Saints playing @ Soldier field in December!

Mecca
11-19-2018, 12:41 PM
Gotta love the Saints doing all they could yesterday to pad stats for Brees yesterday...dude was sure grinding hard for ever number yesterday even though personal accolades don't mean anything to him....allegedly.

They've done it 2 weeks in a row...they are absolutely in stat padding mode.

O.city
11-19-2018, 12:42 PM
That is my thoughts exactly. The Saints playing @ Soldier field in December!

It's gonna be in New Orleans most likely.

Stryker
11-19-2018, 12:43 PM

Oh they slowed the roll. They could have put up several more touchdowns. Not very attractive to run up the score unless your Nick Saban ROFL

Jerm
11-19-2018, 12:44 PM
Oh they slowed the roll. They could have put up several more touchdowns. Not very attractive to run up the score unless your Nick Saban ROFL

They threw for a TD on a 4th and 6 up 31 in the 4th.....yeah they could've piled on more but they were doing plenty lol.

Stryker
11-19-2018, 12:44 PM
It's gonna be in New Orleans most likely.

Oh it defiantly will be. I was just saying that IF they had to play the Bears outdoors in Chicago...

O.city
11-19-2018, 12:45 PM
Oh it defiantly will be. I was just saying that IF they had to play the Bears outdoors in Chicago...

True

They do have to go to Dallas here in a few weeks so maybe that could slow them down.

Rasputin
11-19-2018, 12:47 PM
Finally get home after working a 16 hour shift and picking up stuff make chips and dip with

I'm fucking tired but off tonight this is a big game.

ptlyon
11-19-2018, 12:48 PM
True

They do have to go to Dallas here in a few weeks so maybe that could slow them down.

The only thing that will slow them down in Dallas is traffic

Rasputin
11-19-2018, 12:49 PM
Gurley is such a girly man

We're here to **Clap** Fuck **Clap** you up

Buckweath
11-19-2018, 12:50 PM
You guys talking about SB and beating the Saints and I'm just worried about winning an actual playoff game.

Lol

pugsnotdrugs19
11-19-2018, 12:52 PM
Finally get home after working a 16 hour shift and picking up stuff make chips and dip with

I'm ****ing tired but off tonight this is a big game.

Made buffalo chicken dip yesterday. Have leftovers for tonight ready to roll.

Best22
11-19-2018, 12:53 PM
You guys talking about SB and beating the Saints and I'm just worried about winning an actual playoff game.

Lol

Doesn’t make a difference. Patriot fans always blow off the first playoff game yet they always win it. Maybe we need more fans talking Superbowl. We’ve had plenty of fans “worry” about the first playoff game and so far we are 1-3 in them.

Save the “worrying” for the players, not the fans

pugsnotdrugs19
11-19-2018, 12:54 PM

Lol

Just trusting what the eye test tells me.

The Chiefs are the class of the AFC so far this year IMHO.

wazu
11-19-2018, 12:54 PM
Gurley is such a girly man

We're here to **Clap** Fuck **Clap** you up

Dude doesn’t even know what an over/under is. And he whines about having to play on Monday because his body isn’t right. Already making excuses.

Jerm
11-19-2018, 12:59 PM

Lol

Agreed but this year feels different (it really does) and if we get HFA, I don't see anyone coming into Arrowhead in January and winning.

KChiefs1
11-19-2018, 01:00 PM

The Saints have already done that.

htismaqe
11-19-2018, 01:01 PM
Agreed but this year feels different (it really does) and if we get HFA, I don't see anyone coming into Arrowhead in January and winning.

Truth.

RunKC
11-19-2018, 01:04 PM
If Berry looks 50% of his old self and we don’t have injuries, I think we cruise to the SB.

But Chiefs/Andy’s history of failure will always be in the back of my mind until it finally changes.

New World Order
11-19-2018, 01:09 PM
Let me put all of your minds at ease:

WE’RE GOING TO THE FUCKING SUPER BOWL

Marcellus
11-19-2018, 01:11 PM
The Chiefs defense has been pretty good on opening drives this year. You're way overestimating the impact of this. Getting the ball to start the 2nd half is WAY more important.

Yup yup. What have we given up 10 points in 10 first drives?

New World Order
11-19-2018, 01:13 PM
Didn’t we force Pitt to punt first 3 drives?

bdj23
11-19-2018, 01:37 PM
I have to work tonight.

FML

Simply Red
11-19-2018, 01:45 PM
I have to work tonight.

FML

Of ALL nights!! - figure it out bro

Simply Red
11-19-2018, 01:46 PM
Yup yup. What have we given up 10 points in 10 first drives?

Yip!

Didn’t we force Pitt to punt first 3 drives?

Yip!

staylor26
11-19-2018, 01:49 PM

Agreed

CupidStunt
11-19-2018, 01:53 PM
I don't really wanna talk much about the Saints on the day we play the Rams, but some of the people slurping their ballsack right now remind me of those doing the exact same thing when the Rams were at their absolute peak. And just as I said then and remains true -- no team is EVER as good as it looks at its best. This is the same team that lost to a QB who's been benched twice, 100% should have lost to another QB sitting on the bench and needed a late drive to beat the terrible Ravens by 1 point.

They're a great team, obviously, but they're not going to keep doing this every week. I bet they look like a COMPLETELY different team when they play at Dallas and moreso at Carolina in December.

Having said all that, man they play fucking way too many dome games. All their playoff games will be in that cozy stadium and the goddamn Super Bowl is in the ATL dome. So fuck them, they probably will win the SB. Refs will be all over that narrative.

bdj23
11-19-2018, 01:55 PM
Of ALL nights!! - figure it out bro

I'm gonna turn my phone off and dvr it i guess. Out of PTO until the new year and i hate calling in sick.

In58men
11-19-2018, 01:55 PM
My ole man (Steelers fan) tryna confuse some people tonight.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181119/f7ed1031df085a052c6c63bc7f87bfb1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CupidStunt
11-19-2018, 01:57 PM
I'm gonna turn my phone off and dvr it i guess. Out of PTO until the new year and i hate calling in sick.

If they know you're a Chiefs fan, talk about obvious, too.

Rain Man
11-19-2018, 01:59 PM
I have to work tonight.

FML

Do you work at the type of place where a bomb threat would be forgiven?

Rasputin
11-19-2018, 02:02 PM
Made buffalo chicken dip yesterday. Have leftovers for tonight ready to roll.

We need a perfect dipping chip poll. I had chips last week that were brittle cuz they were too thin and break on every dip was annoying.

I got better chips this week but i want to know what people use. It would be cool for Rain Man put a poll for it.

Titty Meat
11-19-2018, 02:05 PM
I don't feel good about this game. Thankfully the Chargers lost and the jags ruined a perfect day

htismaqe
11-19-2018, 02:06 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181119/f7ed1031df085a052c6c63bc7f87bfb1.jpg

ROFL

Best22
11-19-2018, 02:06 PM
I don't feel good about this game. Thankfully the Chargers lost and the jags ruined a perfect day

Pats will beat the Steelers

Rain Man
11-19-2018, 02:11 PM

He should trade it to a Rams fan in exchange for a new Chiefs jersey to be selected in 2019.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-19-2018, 02:19 PM
I really hope we win.

If we lose this game, we IMMEDIATELY fall back in to the "good but not great/can't beat contenders"-narrative. Had we not already lost to the Pats, we could probably avoid it, but it's too late for that now.
Despite what the record says, this game is crucial in terms of momentum and definitely perception.

I was contemplating this morning how it has come to an absurd reality in terms of scouting an upcoming game. Not only are you checking rosters, but you have to know your officials and monitor Vegas as well, two things that should NOT be part of the equation.

It's unfortunate that we don't have a completely dominant squad in all three phases because to win this game we have to beat the Rams, the refs/Vegas, and the "Los Angeles/large market, NFL reclamation project" as well.
Only if the fates are undeniably with us, only if it is TRULY our time, do we win this game.

htismaqe
11-19-2018, 02:24 PM
Perception is honestly irrelevant. Being part of the "contender" conversation is too.

It's a game against an NFC team. It means almost nothing in the grand scheme of things. The Chargers game is far more important.

That being said, winning is always a good thing, especially for momentum, as you said. I don't think LA has an overwhelming homefield advantage but having an all-star ref crew sure looks stupid to me. I wonder how the calls will go...

Rain Man
11-19-2018, 02:24 PM
If we lose this game, we IMMEDIATELY fall back in to the "good but not great/can't beat contenders"-narrative. Had we not already lost to the Pats, we could probably avoid it, but it's too late for that now.
Despite what the record says, this game is crucial in terms of momentum and definitely perception.

Yeah, the weird thing about this game is not that it has immediate and powerful playoff implications for us. It's no more or less important than other games. However, this game is more important as a psychological win. If (when) we win, it swings the Super Bowl gate wide open, and will usher in a level of confidence that we're the favorite. If something flukey happens, or if the refs call forward progress a few times, then we'll fall back into a pack of contenders hoping that the breaks fall our way.

staylor26
11-19-2018, 02:30 PM
Pats will beat the Steelers

I don’t think the Pats go to Pitt and win, but the Steelers have a tough remaining schedule and will lose at least one more (Saints probably).

htismaqe
11-19-2018, 02:30 PM
Yeah, the weird thing about this game is not that it has immediate and powerful playoff implications for us. It's no more or less important than other games. However, this game is more important as a psychological win. If (when) we win, it swings the Super Bowl gate wide open, and will usher in a level of confidence that we're the favorite. If something flukey happens, or if the refs call forward progress a few times, then we'll fall back into a pack of contenders hoping that the breaks fall our way.

They own the tiebreaker against Pitt and New England has 3 losses.

If they lose this game, virtually nothing changes. It doesn't factor into the playoff picture at all unless the Chiefs lose another game afterwards.

Hammock Parties
11-19-2018, 02:31 PM
No GIFs tonight friends. I'm going to enjoy the game with other friends.

Sorry.

CupidStunt
11-19-2018, 02:33 PM

I get why you say this, but only the most superficial analysis could lead anyone to this conclusion. I realize that's 99% of the media.

Where the games are played is a big deal. Rams get us at home. They got the Vikings and Packers at home - not even elite teams, but still. They've played 1 tough road game and got punked. The Saints got the Rams at home. They haven't played anyone else of note - the Vikes, Eagles, and certainly not on the road.

Chiefs have played @ 7-3 LAC, @ 7-2-1 PIT, @ 7-3 NE and @ 9-1 LAR. It's a great test for our team, but I'd love to see any of those teams try to take us at Arrowhead. I guess we'll see the Chargers soon - and we'll whip that ass. And then it's all about the playoffs. Suddenly I bet anyone doubting us for losing regular season road games at the best teams in the league (IF it even happens) won't pick against us at home.

ptlyon
11-19-2018, 02:33 PM
That's a fucking lie! You don't have friends!

Simply Red
11-19-2018, 02:34 PM
No GIFs tonight friends. I'm going to enjoy the game with other friends.

Sorry.

AT LEAST get out there and do some twitter tard'in to find out Sammy's status, sheesh!

htismaqe
11-19-2018, 02:42 PM
I get why you say this, but only the most superficial analysis could lead anyone to this conclusion. I realize that's 99% of the media.

Where the games are played is a big deal. Rams get us at home. They got the Vikings and Packers at home - not even elite teams, but still. They've played 1 tough road game and got punked. The Saints got the Rams at home. They haven't played anyone else of note - the Vikes, Eagles, and certainly not on the road.

Chiefs have played @ 7-3 LAC, @ 7-2-1 PIT, @ 7-3 NE and @ 9-1 LAR. It's a great test for our team, but I'd love to see any of those teams try to take us at Arrowhead. I guess we'll see the Chargers soon - and we'll whip that ass. And then it's all about the playoffs. Suddenly I bet anyone doubting us for losing regular season road games at the best teams in the league (IF it even happens) won't pick against us at home.

:clap::clap::clap:

KC_Lee
11-19-2018, 02:44 PM
Getting the feeling that this game is not going to be Goff vs. Mahomes but Gurley vs. Hunt. LA and KC are 22nd and 21st against the run.

RunKC
11-19-2018, 02:46 PM
From Peter King’s MMQB article:

On Saturday, talking to Sean Payton during my time with the Saints, I mentioned to him that I’d been in Kansas City last Sunday, and I didn’t think there was a player like Hill in football. Payton smiled and nodded, and looked around to find Drew Brees.

“Hey Drew, tell Peter who’s the most dangerous player in football right now,” Payton said.

“Tyreek Hill,” Brees said.

Damn

Pointer19
11-19-2018, 02:46 PM
In for the game of the season. Win over the last Missouri straggler fans.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-19-2018, 02:48 PM
From Peter King’s MMQB article:

Damn

I’m not sure it’s even a question really.

Chris Simms brought up something really interesting when he said that if he were still a QB in the NFL and could have one WR of his choice to play with, he said he would pick Hill. I think I would too. He just does so much for an offense.

RINGLEADER
11-19-2018, 03:05 PM
Getting ready to head out in an hour.

If Chiefs do their thing properly, no can defend.

Whichever defense can get a couple of stops or make a couple of plays will win. Not expecting much will slow down either offense but I do think our defense will make the plays it needs to give the ball to Mahomes so he can destroy the Rams.

Chiefs by double-digits.

The Franchise
11-19-2018, 03:07 PM
Michael Thomas isn’t too bad either.

Mahomes and Hill vs Brees and Thomas. That’s a fucking epic SB matchup.

KChiefs1
11-19-2018, 03:07 PM
A little bit of trivia for the game tonight.

The last Monday Night Football game played in the LA Coliseum was October 28, 1985. The Royals won the World Series vs the Cardinals in game 7 on October 27, 1985.

I found that interesting.

Stewie
11-19-2018, 03:10 PM
The nut starts the thread... Chiefs win!

CupidStunt
11-19-2018, 03:18 PM
I have NEVER, in my existence as a Chiefs fan, had legitimate confidence in a game like tonight - going into the opposing stadium of an elite, unquestioned top 3 NFL team. Not once. Closest would've been in 2003 but the D was an issue; the rules being what they are today make that a different story. Now it's all about your QB.

http://etsn.fm/files/2012/08/Whitehouse_Patrick_Mahomes_close_web.jpg?w=980&q=75

CupidStunt
11-19-2018, 03:21 PM
Michael Thomas isn’t too bad either.

Mahomes and Hill vs Brees and Thomas. That’s a ****ing epic SB matchup.

Kamara-Hunt is a huge angle, too. 2017 stud picks. And of course Reid vs McVay, 2 of the top 3 offensive geniuses in the game. To be fair, Chiefs-Rams has all the same shit. Throw in the Peters piece.

CupidStunt
11-19-2018, 03:24 PM
I'm fucking ready to go. Let's roll. 4 hours???

Why Not?
11-19-2018, 03:25 PM
I'm ****ing ready to go. Let's roll. 4 hours???

Today is going by slow as hell

Coochie liquor
11-19-2018, 03:28 PM
Today is going by slow as hell

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7GmdNxlAnJA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

eDave
11-19-2018, 03:31 PM
This game is being covered like a Super Bowl.

htismaqe
11-19-2018, 03:33 PM
This game is being covered like a Super Bowl.

Which is honestly kind of silly at this point. Neither team is a far and away favorite. In fact, the Rams aren't even the NFC favorite at all at the moment.

petegz28
11-19-2018, 03:33 PM
Bring on the white on white, bitches!!!

http://gasnsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/joe-monday-magic.jpg

Athis
11-19-2018, 03:36 PM
The Chiefs have to keep the Rams defensive line at bay..Pretty much like the Saints did..The Chiefs have to beat the Rams.

HolyHandgernade
11-19-2018, 03:37 PM
Maybe its been state earlier in the thread, it just seems odd to me how little Kelce has been mentioned in the various football shows concerning this game. I think he's going to wreck this game. I don't think the Rams have an answer for him, and I can see him going for over 130 yards and 2 TDs in this game.

On the defensive side, if we can hit and sack Goff early, I think we can get inside his skull. It'll be difficult because they will rely on Gurley so much and play off the play action, but if we can stuff Gurley early and followit up with a 3rd and long sack, I think we can throw a little panic into them and force them to think pass more than run. Stopping Gurley early will be key.

Rain Man
11-19-2018, 03:39 PM
Maybe its been state earlier in the thread, it just seems odd to me how little Kelce has been mentioned in the various football shows concerning this game. I think he's going to wreck this game. I don't think the Rams have an answer for him, and I can see him going for over 130 yards and 2 TDs in this game.

On the defensive side, if we can hit and sack Goff early, I think we can get inside his skull. It'll be difficult because they will rely on Gurley so much and play off the play action, but if we can stuff Gurley early and followit up with a 3rd and long sack, I think we can throw a little panic into them and force them to think pass more than run. Stopping Gurley early will be key.

My key to the game is getting a lead early. I fear 10 minute, 15-run drives for scores.

RunKC
11-19-2018, 03:39 PM
I’m not sure it’s even a question really.

Chris Simms brought up something really interesting when he said that if he were still a QB in the NFL and could have one WR of his choice to play with, he said he would pick Hill. I think I would too. He just does so much for an offense.

The league has seen a guy like Mahomes before in Favre, but they really haven’t seen a talent like Tyreek.

Lot of people think DeSean Jackson was the same guy, but he wasn’t. Tyreek has the best speed ever for a WR. There’s nobody in the league that can consistently stay with him the whole game. They might have elite straight line speed, but then Tyreek will bust out his 6.5 3 cone and kill them.

He isn’t even built like a WR! He’s a goddamn RB who converted to receiver, so he can legitimately play both.

It’s crazy that we have Mahomes and Hill. It’s going to be Big Ben/AB on steroids.

3rd&Long
11-19-2018, 03:44 PM
My opinion only: The Rams have a more complete team, especially their front line defense. That doesn't mean I'd bet on them for the same reason I hate fantasy leagues and such. As Tyreek calls him, "Patty Cakes" looks like a generational talent and when you have THAT guy, I like the Chiefs chances of putting up a W.

KranzDictum
11-19-2018, 03:44 PM
Good luck tonight guys!

Hoping for an exciting game to watch.

staylor26
11-19-2018, 03:46 PM
My opinion only: The Rams have a more complete team, especially their front line defense. That doesn't mean I'd bet on them for the same reason I hate fantasy leagues and such. As Tyreek calls him, "Patty Cakes" looks like a generational talent and when you have THAT guy, I like the Chiefs chances of putting up a W.

Based on what? The .8 difference in PPG defensively?

RINGLEADER
11-19-2018, 03:51 PM
I have NEVER, in my existence as a Chiefs fan, had legitimate confidence in a game like tonight - going into the opposing stadium of an elite, unquestioned top 3 NFL team. Not once. Closest would've been in 2003 but the D was an issue; the rules being what they are today make that a different story. Now it's all about your QB.

http://etsn.fm/files/2012/08/Whitehouse_Patrick_Mahomes_close_web.jpg?w=980&q=75

This.

If the season has taught us anything it's that the Chiefs are no longer bound by the convention BS that killed us in the past. With Mahomes we are not only in every game there will be no surprise when we win.

TribalElder
11-19-2018, 03:52 PM
ESPN is running this story about how great the Rams are for donating to the shooting victims and the fire victims

rough deal

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-19-2018, 03:56 PM
Perception is honestly irrelevant. Being part of the "contender" conversation is too.

It's a game against an NFC team. It means almost nothing in the grand scheme of things. The Chargers game is far more important.

That being said, winning is always a good thing, especially for momentum, as you said. I don't think LA has an overwhelming homefield advantage but having an all-star ref crew sure looks stupid to me. I wonder how the calls will go...

I already said as much regarding the game having ZERO bearing on division/playoff implications. As far as the Chargers go, we'll play them soon enough and we'll win that game with minimal fuss, as our division sucks.

The point I'm making is that winning is much more than just a "good thing" in this case. The Pats are team that goes to championships. LOSS. The Rams are a team that is being picked to go to a championship this year. We played a tough schedule to start this season and we did well, but the ONE time we were shoved in to prime time against a team that wins playoff games and championships on a regular basis, we lost. And it feeds the narrative.
And the narrative IS important, and I'll tell you why; look at the way the NFL and it's servant media are handling Green Bay this season. Third in the AFCN. Struggling for a playoff spot if they can even get one. And yet, when a story or sound bite or even a game is being called in the booth, you don't hear disrespect, skepticism, or a host of other negative attributes being thrown around. You hear how Rodgers is the greatest, how he doesn't have weapons, and how a down year doesn't mean anything etc. Basically, the EXACT OPPOSITE of what you would hear if the Chiefs were in the same situation.

We are in a WAR against this bias. We are a small market team that has not won a championship since transistor radios were considered "high tech", nor have we been a consistent competitor in the playoffs throughout all of that time as well. We have HEAP BIG mountain to climb to overcome this if we want to get out of our current long-term status within the league, and maneuver over to the patch of ground where the RESPECTED franchises hold court, win or lose. Those would be the teams that get the calls, get the escalades, and are in a steady rotation for Super Bowl appearances. If you think the Chiefs are going to be some successful "Rebel Outlier"-franchise against this machine that IS the NFL, you are out of your goddamned mind.

The momentum is important to the team. It's important to beat teams that are considered your betters or equals. You win enough of those, and you start to feel especially confident, that you are moving up in skill and ability, and that you can take it to anyone.
We're going to need as much of that as possible headed in to the playoffs.

Precisely. Exactly. :clap:

TribalElder
11-19-2018, 03:58 PM
Mahomie looked a bit pissed off walking into the stadium

Kelce probably kept his starter jacket

3rd&Long
11-19-2018, 04:01 PM
Based on what? The .8 difference in PPG defensively?

Jesus H, we're fans of the same team .....or are we?

wazu
11-19-2018, 04:03 PM
ESPN is running this story about how great the Rams are for donating to the shooting victims and the fire victims

rough deal

The Chiefs need to win this one for the citizens and first responders of Los Angeles.

TribalElder
11-19-2018, 04:05 PM
I was trying to remember if we beat up the new york team after 9/11

also Sal Pal is there to report for the rams

that guy can fuck off

Mile High Mania
11-19-2018, 04:08 PM
So, I need a TON of points in fantasy tonight... I'm all for you guys watching KC ride to victory, I just need Hill to snag 6-10 passes for over 100 yards and 2 TDs (non-special teams). It would be great if Butker could throw 10-15 points my way. And, I kinda need Goff/Cooks to go off... thanks to Brees.

I'm hoping for a HIGH scoring affair... :D and sure, KC can win it. I have no desire to see the Rams do much defensively, just let Hill go wild.

FloridaMan88
11-19-2018, 04:08 PM
My opinion only: The Rams have a more complete team, especially their front line defense.

Aaron Donald is obviously the best player on either defense tonight so that inherently gives the Rams D an advantage compared to the Chiefs D, but overall I wouldn’t say the Rams defense is much better than the Chiefs defense.

The Chiefs linebackers are much better than the Rams linebackers and both teams have struggled defensively against the better teams/opposing QB’s on their respective schedules.

The Franchise
11-19-2018, 04:10 PM
So, I need a TON of points in fantasy tonight... I'm all for you guys watching KC ride to victory, I just need Hill to snag 6-10 passes for over 100 yards and 2 TDs (non-special teams). It would be great if Butker could throw 10-15 points my way. And, I kinda need Goff/Cooks to go off... thanks to Brees.

I'm hoping for a HIGH scoring affair... :D and sure, KC can win it. I have no desire to see the Rams do much defensively, just let Hill go wild.

I need Mahomes, Hill and Butker to combine for over 120 points tonight.

wazu
11-19-2018, 04:11 PM

Okay, we will grant your request, but only because you broke the Chargers.

O.city
11-19-2018, 04:17 PM
My last 2 pts didn’t show up so sadly, I got to come home early

Fuck still 3 hours

Easy 6
11-19-2018, 04:19 PM
Have the Chiefs underlined on my weekly schedule, but for the sake of honesty... I have absolutely no clue, no hunch at all about this is gonna play out, which is quite rare for me

Its the old "unstoppable force meets the immovable object" thing, I worry about our defense holding up on the road in a primetime game like this, and I greatly worry about our interior O line

Feeling some legit butterflies already...

In58men
11-19-2018, 04:32 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181119/b773a73fc2d052551e722d6545720754.jpg

Let’s goooooooooooo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock Parties
11-19-2018, 04:35 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DsZj5oiVAAEdD6R.jpg

suzzer99
11-19-2018, 04:39 PM
I'm trying to figure out how early I can sneak out of work. I just emailed my boss letting her know I'm leaving early. I figure as soon as she replies it's ok I'll bolt out the door.

HURRY UP!

Hammock Parties
11-19-2018, 04:40 PM
Watkins looks OK

https://i.imgur.com/dGQyKTh.gif

ptlyon
11-19-2018, 04:41 PM
I'm trying to figure out how early I can sneak out of work. I just emailed my boss letting her know I'm leaving early. I figure as soon as she replies it's ok I'll bolt out the door.

HURRY UP!

"Hey bitch, just so's you know, I'm leaving early. And I'll probably be in late too. Have a good night."

Shag
11-19-2018, 04:42 PM

15 extra points. Let's do this.

RunKC
11-19-2018, 04:44 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">⏰ <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MNF?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MNF</a> <a href="https://t.co/WFzyDWYOcy">pic.twitter.com/WFzyDWYOcy</a></p>&mdash; Marcus Peters (@marcuspeters) <a href="https://twitter.com/marcuspeters/status/1064613383163404288?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 19, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

FlaChief58
11-19-2018, 04:45 PM
I hate Monday night games. Won't be over until midnight and I was informed that I need to be in by 6am. I'm going to be one unproductive sob tomorrow.

displacedinMN
11-19-2018, 04:46 PM
"Hey bitch, just so's you know, I'm leaving early. And I'll probably be in late too. Have a good night."

I have a 6:45 meeting tomorrow AM. :deevee:

bsroyals54
11-19-2018, 04:46 PM
I hate Monday night games. Won't be over until midnight and I was informed that I need to be in by 6am. I'm going to be one unproductive sob tomorrow.

drink a red bull

or, if you're into it, do a line of coke

Easy 6
11-19-2018, 04:50 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">⏰ <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MNF?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MNF</a> <a href="https://t.co/WFzyDWYOcy">pic.twitter.com/WFzyDWYOcy</a></p>&mdash; Marcus Peters (@marcuspeters) <a href="https://twitter.com/marcuspeters/status/1064613383163404288?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 19, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

We need to be kinda careful with his ass IMO

He'll probably be "good" Marcus tonight, Patrick cant let himself get baited

Best22
11-19-2018, 04:52 PM

Mahomes isn’t a fearful guy

We’re coming at Peters early and often

penguinz

They need to throw at him as much as possible. He has been a liability this year.

Hammock Parties

he hasn't been good all year

staylor26
11-19-2018, 04:53 PM

**** that he’s going to get torched by Tyreek just like he used to in practice.

I’m sure he’ll make some plays too though.

Tribal Warfare
11-19-2018, 04:54 PM
Kareem will have a chip on his shoulder with all the Gurley hype.

I believe he'll destroy worlds if he gets enough carries/touches

eDave
11-19-2018, 04:55 PM
drink a red bull

or, if you're into it, do a line of coke

You got that order ALL wrong.

BryanBusby
11-19-2018, 04:55 PM
Put Tyreek on him all night and make him melt down.

BleedingRed
11-19-2018, 04:57 PM
We need to run Kareem to his side all night get him to get penalized

pugsnotdrugs19
11-19-2018, 04:59 PM
C’mon Sammy!

petegz28
11-19-2018, 05:00 PM
Defensively I would sell out on stopping Gurley. Just terrorize the backfield all night.

Offensively I would pound Hunt on the edges anytime they show a 7 man front. If they bring 8 down in the box I'd hitting Reek and Kelce on deep seam patterns

Easy 6
11-19-2018, 05:00 PM
Mahomes isn’t a fearful guy

We’re coming at Peters early and often

They need to throw at him as much as possible. He has been a liability this year.

he hasn't been good all year

**** that he’s going to get torched by Tyreek just like he used to in practice.

I’m sure he’ll make some plays too though.

Yes he has sucked this year, but he'll probably give his best effort tonight... just sayin'

Bienemy even said during coordinator availability thursday that they were gonna pick their spots going after him with the pass

Now the runs a different story, hell yes we need to run right at him every single chance we get... Hunt and Ware will grind his ass into the dirt

eDave
11-19-2018, 05:01 PM
Monday Night Countdown.

It has begun.

Go get 'em, kid!

RunKC
11-19-2018, 05:02 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Clearly game time decision at this point. Talked about this possibility all week long<a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadPride?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ArrowheadPride</a> <a href="https://t.co/WihrF3OI2J">https://t.co/WihrF3OI2J</a></p>&mdash; Aaron Borgmann (@RehabAllStar) <a href="https://twitter.com/RehabAllStar/status/1064653344562708480?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 19, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

C’mon Sammy. Even being on the field makes this game different. Even on a pitch count.

pugsnotdrugs19
Defensively I would sell out on stopping Gurley. Just terrorize the backfield all night.

Offensively I would pound Hunt on the edges anytime they show a 7 man front. If they bring 8 down in the box I'd hitting Reek and Kelce on deep seam patterns

Yip. Make Goff beat you now that his safety blanket and most trusted WR is out.

staylor26
C’mon Sammy!

If he plays, I think he has a big game.

Have we had a game where Watkins, Kelce, and Hill all 3 went off?

Maybe it finally happens with this atmosphere.

TribalElder
11-19-2018, 05:03 PM
Are jeans that look like they came from salvation army the cool style now?

I missed that memo

TribalElder
11-19-2018, 05:04 PM
it would be glorious to beat the breaks off the rams something crazy

get out ahead early where they have to abandon the run