PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Manning Breaking down Pat

O.city
11-19-2018, 10:49 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Peyton Manning’s DETAIL breakdowns of Patrick Mahomes. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChiefsKingdom?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ChiefsKingdom</a><br><br>Part 1: <a href="https://t.co/YOWQVmI3hm">https://t.co/YOWQVmI3hm</a><br>Part 2: <a href="https://t.co/VSwnMxNwYT">https://t.co/VSwnMxNwYT</a><br>Part 3: <a href="https://t.co/pVQc9xLrBd">https://t.co/pVQc9xLrBd</a></p>&mdash; Big Buck Chuck (@cpenn4thewin) <a href="https://twitter.com/cpenn4thewin/status/1064558102542979073?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 19, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Maybe I've missed these and they've been posted here but holy shit this is awesome.

If you're looking to kill some time today.

ptlyon
11-19-2018, 10:54 AM
Fuck Peyton Manning

O.city
11-19-2018, 11:02 AM
Whatever thoughts everyone has about Peyton notwithstanding, dude was a grinder. That's why he was so damn good. Listen to him talk about the little things. I bet he sucked to play with because he was so into the little details.

Mile High Mania
11-19-2018, 11:03 AM
Don't know how he would be as a coach, but he definitely has the mind for it.

O.city
11-19-2018, 11:07 AM

If I were Espn, i'd offer him a blank check to come do MNF.

Damn he's smart. Think he ends up as a GM?

chiefzilla1501
11-19-2018, 11:20 AM

He'd be a good commentator. But I think this is where he's at his absolute best. Doing game breakdowns.

I agree with him on Mahomes' dropback. I noticed this when they showed Trent Green and Mahomes running similar plays. He still needs some work on dropping back. Sometimes not efficient enough. Still needs to learn when to step and slide up in the pocket. That will take some time. As I've said before, it's exciting that he's this good even with things like this where we know he'll eventually improve.

TEX
11-19-2018, 11:20 AM

Yep. Can cram lots in that HGH forhead. ;)

ModSocks
11-19-2018, 11:28 AM
Im only half way through one of these and they're a great watch. Like Baldy's Breakdowns but on 'roids. Highly recommended, GJ O.City.

DJ's left nut
11-19-2018, 11:28 AM

Anyone know how the guy vanishes for 3-4 years and then comes back to these odd little streaming videos with no appreciable audience?

If he wanted to come back to the game, he could call his shot and do whatever the hell he wants. Why is he spending several hours/wk doing position coach work? Because that's what this is - this is the shit Kafka and Bienemy were up to. What's Peyton Manning doing wasting his time with this kind of dimestore audience?

ModSocks
11-19-2018, 11:31 AM
What's Peyton Manning doing wasting his time with this kind of dimestore audience?

Enjoying the good life as a GOAT and talking football whenever he feels like it. Sounds like a good gig to me.

O.city
11-19-2018, 11:32 AM
Anyone know how the guy vanishes for 3-4 years and then comes back to these odd little streaming videos with no appreciable audience?

If he wanted to come back to the game, he could call his shot and do whatever the hell he wants. Why is he spending several hours/wk doing position coach work? Because that's what this is - this is the shit Kafka and Bienemy were up to. What's Peyton Manning doing wasting his time with this kind of dimestore audience?

Could be a couple reasons. He's wanting to come back into the league as a coach or an exec. GM maybe?

Or 2, he's just wired in a way that he can't get away from doing it. He's done this shit for so long it's like a drug. He can't really get by without it.

I'm not sure which I'd go with.

kysirsoze
11-19-2018, 11:42 AM
Enjoying the good life as a GOAT and talking football whenever he feels like it. Sounds like a good gig to me.

Yeah, I think this is just fun for him. Plus, this level of detail would never fly on a broadcast. Average fan would tune out.

dlphg9
11-19-2018, 11:47 AM
Man I fucking love Google Fiber TV. I'm able to cast the videos to my TV. Awesome that I don't have to watch it on my phone

DaFace
11-19-2018, 11:51 AM
Man I fucking love Google Fiber TV. I'm able to cast the videos to my TV. Awesome that I don't have to watch it on my phoneYou can do that with a Chromecast FWIW.

saphojunkie
11-19-2018, 11:53 AM
You can do that with a Chromecast FWIW.

and AppleTV.

I love the part in the first video when Manning starts to break down the play and is like, "just kidding. you think I'm gonna break down an option play? yeah, right. I can't believe you fell for that. Moving on."

DJ's left nut
11-19-2018, 11:54 AM
Yeah, I think this is just fun for him. Plus, this level of detail would never fly on a broadcast. Average fan would tune out.

So me spending the last 20 minutes jerkin' it would be considered abnormal?

That's unfortunate.

bowener
11-19-2018, 12:04 PM
Thanks. This was great.

tk13
11-19-2018, 12:20 PM
ESPN did something like this with Kobe for basketball. I'm guessing they paid these guys a fair amount of money to do this. But ESPN can probably get more people to watch having a HOF player doing this over someone like Chris Simms. It's still way less work than actually traveling around being a MNF analyst. Probably just easy money in Peyton's mind to do something he loves doing anyway.

Deberg_1990
11-19-2018, 12:22 PM
Manning was offered some Thursday night or MNL gigs in the offseason I thought?

Anyways, he’s Peyton f@@kin Manning. Winners get to do whatever the hell they want to.

saphojunkie
11-19-2018, 12:27 PM
Manning was offered some Thursday night or MNL gigs in the offseason I thought?

Anyways, he’s Peyton f@@kin Manning. Winners get to do whatever the hell they want to.

I watched that for Pat Mahomes, but I'm gonna keep watching for Peyton Manning. That was outstanding, and I love how his personality comes out.

Some people hate Manning. I don't. He was just fucking good. That's why he tortured us -- because he was good. We should have had a good QB to compete, and we didn't.

I hate the Colts, and I hate the Broncos. But I don't hate Manning.

O.city
11-19-2018, 12:28 PM
I watched that for Pat Mahomes, but I'm gonna keep watching for Peyton Manning. That was outstanding, and I love how his personality comes out.

Some people hate Manning. I don't. He was just ****ing good. That's why he tortured us -- because he was good. We should have had a good QB to compete, and we didn't.

Yeah, he's hilarious.

I enjoy listening to him.

lcarus
11-19-2018, 12:29 PM
He was always an enemy to my team, but I always liked Manning. He was a great QB, he's entertaining as hell for an athlete, and he's smart. He'd be amazing in the booth.

DJ's left nut
11-19-2018, 12:31 PM

Some people hate Manning. I don't. He was just fucking good. That's why he tortured us -- because he was good. We should have had a good QB to compete, and we didn't.

I hate Eli.

I liked Manning a lot in Indy...less in Denver, obviously. But like Brady, I could never get to where I actively disliked the guy - he's just good. If we don't want him to kick our ass all the time, we should be better.

Eli's a different animal. That's a thoroughly mediocre yet shockingly entitled assbag who's never done anything apart from leverage his family name into success earned on the backs of others. Fuck Eli.

Chiefnj2
11-19-2018, 12:35 PM
Cool breakdown. I don't think the league wants things like this. Just about any former QB can break down games like this. The NFL knows that die-hard fans who eat this stuff up are going to watch the games anyway. The NFL is looking for broader appeal BS. They want feel good stories, not X's and O's.

Kiimo
11-19-2018, 12:35 PM
Some people hate Manning. I don't. He was just ****ing good. That's why he tortured us -- because he was good. We should have had a good QB to compete, and we didn't.

People don't hate Peyton Manning if you really press them. They hated losing to him and nobody lost more heartbreakers to him than us.

The John Elway hate, on the other hand. That shit's legit.

Buehler445
11-19-2018, 12:37 PM

I'm guessing someone else cuts up the film and he spends about 5 minutes rolling this out. I watched the first one and that's what it sounded like to me.

ChiefGator
11-19-2018, 12:50 PM
That's funny.. because Peyton Manning broke down years ago...

I'll be here all week.

Buehler445
11-19-2018, 12:51 PM

I don't hate Manning. I hate the Colts (largely because of him). I hate the Cheating Fucking Donko Bitchcunts (On the magnitude of things, its >< this much because of him). I hate the blathering media coverage he got. I hate the fucking hogshit officiating the NFL let him get away with. I hate the blatant roids he was on.

I'm not a huge fan of Manning, but most of what I didn't like about him was because I was super fucking jealous. And I guess, he was clear full of shit, but 95% of everyone else is too.

I hate Eli.

I liked Manning a lot in Indy...less in Denver, obviously. But like Brady, I could never get to where I actively disliked the guy - he's just good. If we don't want him to kick our ass all the time, we should be better.

Eli's a different animal. That's a thoroughly mediocre yet shockingly entitled assbag who's never done anything apart from leverage his family name into success earned on the backs of others. Fuck Eli.

He's not as entitled of the cunts that root for that team. I think it is WILDLY hilarious that they are stuck with him and they chose his old broke down ass over Coughlin.

That shit just makes me smile.

Best22
11-19-2018, 12:58 PM
I hold 0 anger in my heart...We have Mahomes.

Manning was a top 5 alltime quarterback.

BlackOp
11-19-2018, 01:23 PM

He's got the mad hook-ups for HGH too...and a bullet-proof alibi. If things go south...he's also got the number of a few goons to shake down anyone exposing the cheating.

He's was always very good at preparation...

Any stats/records he has has after neck surgery should have an asterisk..."post-HGH".

chiefzilla1501
11-19-2018, 01:35 PM

Seems like a dream job to me. Spend a few hours in your boxer shorts commentating on video... No schedule, no deadlines. Ship it to a video producer. He's having fun and getting paid, and never has to leave the house. Unlike most retired football players, Peyton makes a shitload of money doing other things. I'm guessing he's just enjoying life.

Titty Meat
11-19-2018, 01:44 PM

Doesn't spend nearly as much time working as those dudes, doesn't have to travel, and goes to bed with millions rolling in every year.

This is like Direckshuns threads except actually informed. The guy is bored killing time. It's his hobby.

Kiimo
11-19-2018, 01:46 PM
lol at anyone getting mad for an athlete using HGH to heal their neck bone

chiefzilla1501
11-19-2018, 01:51 PM
Also, Peyton is just cutting a bunch of videos. I imagine he's getting paid a lot by ESPN. It started with Kobe doing it for bball. My guess is ESPN is trying to compete with The Athletic by offering analysis that actually has substance. They're trying to get people to sign up for ESPN+ subscriptions. This seems like a dream job for anyone who truly wants to retire.

Hoopsdoc
11-19-2018, 01:55 PM
Im only half way through one of these and they're a great watch. Like Baldy's Breakdowns but on 'roids. Highly recommended, GJ O.City.

Check out Baldys breakdowns on Quentin Nelson sometime. They’re freaking awesome.

saphojunkie
11-19-2018, 02:10 PM
Also, Peyton is just cutting a bunch of videos. I imagine he's getting paid a lot by ESPN. It started with Kobe doing it for bball. My guess is ESPN is trying to compete with The Athletic by offering analysis that actually has substance. They're trying to get people to sign up for ESPN+ subscriptions. This seems like a dream job for anyone who truly wants to retire.

I subscribed to ESPN+ as well as the athletic, and both are worth it.

BlackOp
11-19-2018, 02:49 PM
lol at anyone getting mad for an athlete using HGH to heal their neck bone

If you are illegally using it to get a competitive advantage and others arent....it's cheating.

If Manning wanted to retire and use it to heal himself...that perfectly fine.

Breaking legitimate records and playing in SB's isn't fine if you are doping....

loochy
11-19-2018, 02:55 PM
If you are illegally using it to get a competitive advantage <b>and others arent</b>....it's cheating.<br />
<br />
If Manning wanted to retire and use it to heal himself...that perfectly fine.<br />
<br />
Breaking legitimate records and playing in SB's isn't fine if you are doping....<br />
<br />
...but others <i>ARE</i><br />

except for Eric Berry, apparently. Cmon dude, use SOMETHING.

KChiefs1
11-19-2018, 03:12 PM
I subscribed to ESPN+ as well as the athletic, and both are worth it.

I know what the Athletic offers because I subscribe to it but what does ESPN+ offer exactly?

ptlyon
11-19-2018, 03:14 PM
I know what the Athletic offers because I subscribe to it but what does ESPN+ offer exactly?

Lifetime prescription of AIDS

Simply Red
11-19-2018, 03:21 PM

at this point - you just need to focus on the draft, bud.

loochy
11-19-2018, 03:49 PM

Articles on the WNBA
Posted via Mobile Device

allen_kcCard
11-19-2018, 04:14 PM
My only gripe is him talking about the chiefs as "we"...gtfo fivehead....but otherwise it was a good listen.

Chief Pagan
11-19-2018, 04:28 PM
People don't hate Peyton Manning if you really press them. They hated losing to him and nobody lost more heartbreakers to him than us.

The John Elway hate, on the other hand. That shit's legit.

I’ve always liked Brady but disliked Peyton.

I didn’t start really hating him until he decided to sign with Denver.

Easy 6
11-19-2018, 04:34 PM
Say what you want about him, but its easy to see why he was so successful

He is on top of every little detail, like how much time he spent talking about Ware needing to "maintain pattern integrity" when he mistakenly stayed inside to block... and you can clearly see how right he was

Very educational, thanks for posting these

BlackOp
11-19-2018, 04:44 PM
My only gripe is him talking about the chiefs as "we"...gtfo fivehead....but otherwise it was a good listen.

or the fact he just HAD to edit in a clip of himself breaking Marino's record...

notorious
11-19-2018, 06:06 PM

He enjoys it.

-King-
11-19-2018, 06:41 PM

Think the audience is just football junkies. Kobe started it with basketball and reached out to Peyton to do the football version. I don't think it's much work for them especially when it's something they can do in their basement in their underwear. Gives them something to do with their passion but doesn't force them into a studio every day or traveling every week.
Posted via Mobile Device

MahiMike
11-19-2018, 06:48 PM
He's so boring.

Molitoth
11-19-2018, 06:52 PM
My fav players of all time.

Barry Sanders
Peyton Manning
Dante Hall
Patrick Mahomes

These vids were great.

Deberg_1990
11-20-2018, 12:33 PM
Can’t wait for Manning to break last nights game down. When do these get posted?

chiefzilla1501
11-20-2018, 12:37 PM
He enjoys it.

I really appreciate players who geek out over this stuff. Romo was the same way when he started.