PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Is the NFL and its refs out to "get us"?

Pages : [1] 2

BigRedChief
11-20-2018, 07:47 AM
You conspiracy nuts need to stop this crap.The game wasn't fixed. This poor old me routine on here is getting old.

The NFL loves the Chiefs and Mahomes. They are the exact team they want playing in the NFL. GMF is nothing but a Mahomes lovefest every morning. All of the NFL network shows tout Mahomes and the Chiefs offense. They flexed us into two straight weeks on SNF. Its so obvious other teams fans are bitching about the constant Mahomes/Chiefs love fest.But, they are out to get us?

Another one is the NFL doesnt want a small market winning the SB. Are these conspiracy nuts paying attention? Small markets don't matter if your the big dog. Rogers in GB, Manning in Indy, Hello....evidence you can see with your own eyes.

With all this evidence we can see on a daily basis, somehow you get the idea that the NFL wants the Chiefs to lose. That makes no sense. They are not out to "get us". The NFL is promoting the shit out of us on a daily basis. This conspiracy BS is just that, BS.

lawrenceRaider
11-20-2018, 07:50 AM
A lot of lopsided calls last night. That first PI on Scandrick was total horse crap. Not calling holding once on the Rams for hooking and bear hugging Ford all night was total horse crap. The "block in the back" for a light touch and immediate pull hand off was total horse crap. The holding penalty at the beginning of the game against the Chiefs to negate a big run was total horse crap.

So either the refs were instructed to try and help keep it close, or they just suck.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
11-20-2018, 07:51 AM
Secondary does hold and interfere a ton since they aren't talented enough

Rasputin
11-20-2018, 07:51 AM
I think we had 10 penalties before the lambs got one

I don't know if they are out to get us but a false start is a false start that should negate a touchdown.

TambaBerry
11-20-2018, 07:52 AM
You conspiracy nuts need to stop this crap.The game wasn't fixed. This poor old me routine on here is getting old.

The NFL loves the Chiefs and Mahomes. They are the exact team they want playing in the NFL. GMF is nothing but a Mahomes lovefest every morning. All of the NFL network shows tout Mahomes and the Chiefs offense. They flexed us into two straight weeks on SNF. Its so obvious other teams fans are bitching about the constant Mahomes/Chiefs love fest.But, they are out to get us?

Another one is the NFL doesnt want a small market winning the SB. Are these conspiracy nuts paying attention? Small markets don't matter if your the big dog. Rogers in GB, Manning in Indy, Hello....evidence you can see with your own eyes.

With all this evidence we can see on a daily basis, somehow you get the idea that the NFL wants the Chiefs to lose. That makes no sense. They are not out to "get us". The NFL is promoting the shit out of us on a daily basis. This conspiracy BS is just that, BS.

people like you are the joke. What is in the best interest of the NFL right now? The Chiefs suceeding or the Rams being good in LA?

kcpasco
11-20-2018, 07:54 AM
people like you are the joke. What is in the best interest of the NFL right now? The Chiefs suceeding or the Rams being good in LA?

Both? Though I think the league loves Mahomes and not KC.

Garcia Bronco
11-20-2018, 07:55 AM

If the game is fixed then there is nothing to brag about or care about.

Having said that the game last night was offensive in every sense of the word.

Dartgod
11-20-2018, 07:56 AM

Ummm, the Rams are good. In LA.

Grim
11-20-2018, 07:57 AM
It's CP.
I've grown to expect much fucktardery when reading what's posted here.
Sadly, the conspiracy theory about the refs being out to get us is not the most fucktarded thing I've read here. It's pretty high up the list, though.

Iowanian
11-20-2018, 07:58 AM
If I could make gifs I'd have a dozen posted here for considerations....suh hitting Mahomes on the ground with a fist, offensive tackles moving early, faux PI(a lot were legit) and winkingrefs among others.

I don't think they would hate the Chiefs winning, but I think for PR and Fire reasons there was a distinct bias last night.

Imon Yourside
11-20-2018, 07:59 AM
Just for once give us a big game without bullshit officiating, it's not too much to ask for Football to not be pro wrestling.

BigRedChief
11-20-2018, 08:01 AM
Both? Though I think the league loves Mahomes and not KC.
I would agree with this. If Mahomes was in Jacksonville or Buffalo, they would be promoting the hell out of him there. But, he's in KC.
Ummm, the Rams are good. In LA.THIS! They are a damn good team for this era, so are we thanks to Mahomes.

BryanBusby
11-20-2018, 08:01 AM
The out to get us week in week out narrative is tiring, but whew did last night not help to push back against that narrative. That was a terrible game for officiating.

Rasputin
11-20-2018, 08:02 AM
It's ok to tackle our speed rushers

Tamba Hali had a career of being choke hold rushing the quarterback.

bdj23
11-20-2018, 08:03 AM
I don't think they are out to get us as much as i think they are just a bunch of retards.

Rasputin
11-20-2018, 08:03 AM
Marcus Peters laying on top of the quarterback is ok

KChiefs1
11-20-2018, 08:04 AM
I think the officials are just bad. I think the NFL has instituted so many rules that the refs can't ref anymore. They call stupid ticky tack penalties & let obvious penalties go.

I see it every game. Inconsistency.

A hold is called on some & not on others even though the guy is doing the exact same thing. The RT of the Rams should have been called for multiple false starts but not one was called. Same guy also held Ford the exact same way Fisher got called for a hold. THE EXACT SAME WAY!

In last year's playoff game the ref called forward progress stopped when it was a clear fumble with no forward progress.

I'm just tired of the crap.

Be CONSISTENT not consistently bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kccrow
11-20-2018, 08:05 AM
Out to get us? Don't know about that.

Did the game last night have clearly biased officiating? Absolutely, without doubt.

That said, the Chiefs could have overcome said officiating with even a minor bump in competence if they didn't suck such sack.

thabear04
11-20-2018, 08:08 AM
Did the Right tackle move before the ball was hike? When Goff ran in for a touchdown.

KCUnited
11-20-2018, 08:08 AM
No, but they obviously can't evaluate talent if that was an allstar crew they assembled specifically for last nights game. Also, with all the pregame emo heart string tugging production crap that goes on for primetime games, I think it can lend itself to a ref or refs getting caught up in it and thinking he or she has to play some kind of Touched By An Angel role for the home team. First responders, moments of silence...if you came in neutral, you left pulling for the Rams and their homeless players.

tooge
11-20-2018, 08:09 AM
The defensive holding and offensive holding rules are flawed in this league. Everyone knows that holding can be called on every play. And yet, it's only called in certain situations, and can be "used" to essentially regulate how a game is going since it can be called on every play. I saw a play last night where our D back grabbed the jersey of the Rams receiver. It was on the second to last Rams TD. As they show the replay, in the background, you can see the Rams OT holding Houstons jersey in the exact same manner. Only the defensive one was called. That is my point. That call allowed a TD instead of a FG and changed the outcome of the game.

rabblerouser
11-20-2018, 08:16 AM
The league moved that game to LA and did a little homecooking to make Rams fans feel good after a couple of crappy weeks.

How many times has an NFL field been torn up by a concert or baseball game and they resod the whole thing two days before the game?

You telling me they ain't gots no sod in Mexico City?

And no one to lay it??

Come on. Listen to Goff's post game presser :

"It's just really good to get this, we needed this win at home in front of our fans, maybe give them some entertainment to help them forget about the past couple of weeks..."

Nzoner
11-20-2018, 08:18 AM

30 minutes prior to kick-off last night I checked scores and odds one last time to see how the money trends were looking for the game before placing my wager.KC was sitting at 62% the rams 38%.

While that doesn't prove a damn thing I will never be convinced that certain games aren't swayed based on the insane amount of money that is bet.

Mile High Mania
11-20-2018, 08:19 AM
Conspiracy theories are fun... helps some cope.

Mile High Mania
11-20-2018, 08:20 AM
While that doesn't prove a damn thing I will never be convinced that certain games aren't swayed based on the insane amount of money that is bet.

https://i.gifer.com/1Gg.gif

FAX
11-20-2018, 08:22 AM
If there is no bias and officials aren't legally blind, why did Suh not get a flag for the forearm shiver to Mahomes helmet near the endzone?

One would think that most of the refs' attention would be directed toward a ball carrier who is quickly approaching scoring position ...

Looked like a foul to me ... and the radio guys ... and the tv guys ... and everybody else. Would have given us 1st down at the 6-inch line.

FAX

Nzoner
11-20-2018, 08:22 AM
I don't think they would hate the Chiefs winning, but I think for PR and Fire reasons there was a distinct bias last night.

This is very logical thinking.

Sannyasi
11-20-2018, 08:23 AM
30 minutes prior to kick-off last night I checked scores and odds one last time to see how the money trends were looking for the game before placing my wager.KC was sitting at 62% the rams 38%.

The Chiefs covered though... also Vegas got killed on the over line.

smithandrew051
11-20-2018, 08:25 AM
It’s either intentional bias or complete incompetence. Not sure which one I prefer.

Nzoner
11-20-2018, 08:26 AM
The Chiefs covered though... also Vegas got killed on the over line.

That depends on when you bet the game as it fluctuated between 3.5 and 3,personally I got it at 3 and got a push.

Eleazar
11-20-2018, 08:27 AM
This place is putting the glory days of the Donk fans to shame when it comes to crying about the officiating and seeing conspiracies around every corner. Pretty sad really

In58men
11-20-2018, 08:27 AM
https://twitter.com/owenxmzee/status/1064701812442365955?s=21

Why the wink?

Nzoner
11-20-2018, 08:29 AM

Why the wink?

LMAO

FAX
11-20-2018, 08:32 AM
How about the incomplete (tipped) pass that the refs declared was an INT that resulted in a touchdown and had to be called back? That was another excellent call by the "star" officiating team ...

Or the tipped ball that forced Wally to use a challenge?

Bias or incompetence ... take your pick.

FAX

KC_Lee
11-20-2018, 08:34 AM
If you don't want folks thinking that your officating crew is biased or the game if fixed then...

1) Don't switched up the crew at the last minute and tell everyone how this is an "All Star" ref crew

2) Don't have one of your "All Star" ref crew wink and Goff while talking with a clearly irate Andy Reid

3) Don't have your "All Star" ref crew miss a blatant false start on an LA TD

4) Don't have your "All Star" ref crew call a incomplete pass, broken up at the line, a fumble for a TD only to be overruled by a clear replay

Not going to get into the lack of holding calls on KC D linemen, that happens to everybody and it's never going to stop.

Do I think the game was fixed, not really. Do I think there was a narrative and story line that needed to be pushed? Yep, and the announce team and the "All Star" ref crew made sure that narrative and story line was pushed and came to fruition.

Eleazar
11-20-2018, 08:37 AM
can someone change the thread title to "Are the NFL and its refs out to get us?" before it gives me a gramneurysm

BigRedChief
11-20-2018, 08:46 AM
can someone change the thread title to "Are the NFL and its refs out to get us?" before it gives me a gramneurysm
https://media.makeameme.org/created/Grammar-nazis-Grammar.jpg

lawrenceRaider
11-20-2018, 08:49 AM
How about the incomplete (tipped) pass that the refs declared was an INT that resulted in a touchdown and had to be called back? That was another excellent call by the "star" officiating team ...

Or the tipped ball that forced Wally to use a challenge?

Bias or incompetence ... take your pick.

FAX

That one was especially terrible in a game with plenty of terrible calls. Really an incredibly obvious call for the officials to make, and to need replay to over turn it was ridiculous.

BigRedChief
11-20-2018, 08:51 AM
The out to get us week in week out narrative is tiring, but whew did last night not help to push back against that narrative. That was a terrible game for officiating.Horrible, bad, missed and or inconsistent officiating doesn't = NFL mandates that the officials are "out to get us" and create a loss.

Imon Yourside
11-20-2018, 08:52 AM

Why the wink?

Goff told Andy hey you only have 3 challenges, use them wisely. That set Reid off and then the wink.

Eleazar
11-20-2018, 08:52 AM
https://media.makeameme.org/created/Grammar-nazis-Grammar.jpg

I didn't even bother with "your" a conspiracy nutcase :rolleyes:

BryanBusby
11-20-2018, 08:53 AM
Horrible, bad, missed and or inconsistent officiating doesn't = "out to get us".
Okay, great. My post never indicated that it did, but thanks.

staylor26
11-20-2018, 08:54 AM
Horrible, bad, missed and or inconsistent officiating doesn't = "out to get us".

Neither does biased officiating. I don’t think it was about us.

It was about LA, home game, the fires, the shooting etc.

It’s just too coincidental for me to believe otherwise.

TLO
11-20-2018, 08:55 AM

I keep thinking this too.

BigRedChief
11-20-2018, 08:56 AM
Okay, great. My post never indicated that it did, but thanks.I was agreeing with you. GEEZZZ people are touchy this am.:eek:

RunKC
11-20-2018, 08:58 AM
It doesn’t matter. This team is not discipline and it comes from coaching. Several stupid penalties by us shot us in our own dick.

We got screwed a few times, yeah....but every week we get penalties by sheer stupidity.

BryanBusby
I was agreeing with you. GEEZZZ people are touchy this am.:eek:
I'm still tired and cranky after another Sutton specisl. Woops!

oldman
If I could make gifs I'd have a dozen posted here for considerations....suh hitting Mahomes on the ground with a fist, offensive tackles moving early, faux PI(a lot were legit) and winkingrefs among others.

I think this is the most true. Add Murray's hit that resulted in a penalty, Ford and Houston getting mugged all night long, and others to numerous to list and you have something the NFL needs to review. I told oldwoman that we were screwed as soon as they lit that torch.

loochy
11-20-2018, 08:59 AM
I wouldn't say the refs are out to get US.

They are out to push it in certain teams' directions many times (i.e.LA based teams), and sometimes we are on the bad end of that. They aren't out to get us, they are out to help the other team.

After watching all of the hoo hah rigarmaro that went on before the game, did you REALLY think that things wouldn't be slanted to LA from the get go?

That's not to say that we couldn't have easily prevented a huge number of those penalties though. Things like jumping off sides...it's so blatant that it HAS to be called.

Nzoner
11-20-2018, 09:00 AM

Quit making sense :D

rabblerouser
11-20-2018, 09:12 AM
If there is no bias and officials aren't legally blind, why did Suh not get a flag for the forearm shiver to Mahomes helmet near the endzone?

One would think that most of the refs' attention would be directed toward a ball carrier who is quickly approaching scoring position ...

Looked like a foul to me ... and the radio guys ... and the tv guys ... and everybody else. Would have given us 1st down at the 6-inch line.

FAX

FAX THE ACCURATE ASSESMENT.

Frazod
11-20-2018, 09:13 AM
If you don't see the obvious bias the league has for its darling big market coastal teams, you're either blind or retarded. The End.

DeepPurple
11-20-2018, 09:17 AM
On the Rams TD where Goff rolled out of the pocket to the right and then ran up the middle 10 yards to the endzone, there was definite offensive holding on Rams #79 lineman. I played it back on TV last night a few times in slow motion, but I saw it in real time at real speed to begin with, I don't know how the refs could of missed that one.

The unnecessary roughness call for hitting the Rams receiver at the 5 yard line was also bogus, he dropped the ball from the hit, so how can they say it was after the play? It seems everytime they make that call, it's always after the play. The pass by PM that was deflected and originally called a fumble and recovery and TD for the Rams, I had no problem seeing that in real time it was a deflected forward pass, thank heaven for reviews.

The block in the back on a punt return by #42, he pushed the kicker barely and he fell into the tackle. How can it be a block when the guy makes the tackle. Another block in the back on a punt return showed on replay he might of brushed the guys back with one hand, but there was no force or push involved. I don't know if the refs are not use to night games, or they're not in the right position, but they were terrible last night and flag happy in the Rams favor.

Nzoner
11-20-2018, 09:20 AM
If you don't see the obvious bias the league has for its darling big market coastal teams, you're either blind or retarded. The End.

I'll never forget our discussion many years ago after that Texans debacle.

FloridaMan88
11-20-2018, 09:21 AM
When the refs don’t throw a flag on Suh after he hit Mahomes in the head and put a choke hold on him on a Mahomes slide play, considering how tightly they were officiating the game against the Chiefs, that isn’t balanced.

A Salt Weapon
11-20-2018, 09:26 AM
I don’t know if I’d say rigged or out to get us, but the NFL certainly had an agenda last night. There was no way they were not going to let the rams get out to a lead to the start the game. And once they got handed a lead, they backed off and didn’t get involved again until it was on the verge of becoming a blowout. Then they stayed involved throughout the game in order to keep it close enough to sway. It’s planned, most people don’t care, and the NFL makes a ton of money.

staylor26
11-20-2018, 09:29 AM

The fucking people that defend this shit are the worst.

It’s like they feel they’re better fans or more intelligent because they will never blame the refs under any circumstances. Such horseshit.

jaa1025
11-20-2018, 09:29 AM
I think it was not necessarily to get us as much as to get the Rams the win due to the fires and that the Rams are it's new brand in the biggest market in football. I also think the game was moved primarily so the Rams could have every advantage to win. If that game was played in Mexico City the Chiefs win easily. If that game was played with unbiased refs the Chiefs win easily.

KCFalcon59
11-20-2018, 09:31 AM
No, they're not out to get the Chiefs. They're just horrible at their jobs.

DeepPurple
11-20-2018, 09:35 AM
When the refs don’t throw a flag on Suh after he hit Mahomes in the head and put a choke hold on him on a Mahomes slide play, considering how tightly they were officiating the game against the Chiefs, that isn’t balanced.

I forgot that one, I was waiting for the flag and it never came. Also when Mahomes tackled that runner at the goal line and another Rams player fell on top of him, there should of been piling on or unnecessary roughness on that play, but that would of nullified a Rams TD, wait a minute, they'll say that it occurred after the play so the penalty would be inforced on the kickoff, but it never came either.

Frazod
11-20-2018, 09:38 AM
No, they're not out to get the Chiefs. They're just horrible at their jobs.

Actually, they're great at their jobs. They did exactly what they were directed to do. They are the NFL's dream team of corruption.

DJJasonp
11-20-2018, 09:39 AM
Whenever there are billions of dollars at stake - for anything - there will be corruption.

KChiefs1
11-20-2018, 09:42 AM

Bringing in an "All-Star" ref crew too is also just too coincidental for me too.

If that's your best group of officials....no words.

dlphg9
11-20-2018, 09:43 AM
Jesus, some of you need to open your fucking eyes. Almost 100 yards of penalties in the 1st quarter against us. None for the Rams. Tyreek Hill gets a PF for throwing up the peace sign for half a second, but Peters get to lay on Mahomes for 10 seconds running his mouth, the refs can't see the right tackle continually drop back early when they constantly are able to see the smallest flinch from an interior lineman, very first play for the Rams they already start their shit by calling a perfectly defended ball by Scandrick PI, a normal fucking hit is called hitting a defenseless receiver. Constant missed calls. It was clear the NFL wasn't going to let us jump ahead like we normally do. That game is completely different if not for the fuck job we got to start out.

No game should ever be that lopsided in penalties, especially when I'm constantly hearing "Oh, quit complaining about our pass rushers being held, there are penalties on every play" or when I'm always seeing a defensive back tugging on our players jersey. Why the fuck is it so lopsided then? Why were we penalized 8 times in a quarter? If there are penalties every play then why aren't they evenly called? Explain that to me. We've been called for 23 penalties more penalties and 211 yards more than our opponents. Now here's a big surprise, the Pats have been called for less than half the number of penalties as we have. They have 13 more calls against their opponents and 192 penalties against their opponents.

We get told we have to just over come that bullshit and only losers whine about the refs, fuck that. These are the best athletes in the world, so it makes it pretty tough when you have the officials actively trying to make you fail. That RT for the Rams constantly went early to negate Ford's pass rush and even when he got beat he was allowed to wrap his arms around Ford's neck to keep him from getting to Goff, but Ford just needs to overcome that and play harder. Give me a fucking break.

rabblerouser
11-20-2018, 09:43 AM

/thread.

Frazod
11-20-2018, 09:46 AM
It's going to take somebody on the inside blowing the whistle on this bullshit to ever put a dent in it. But I doubt if that will ever happen. Maybe we'll get a death bed confession from one of these soulless fucks one day.

I'd personally love to know how the ref$ get their marching orders. Probably in person so there's no call that could be recorded or server that could be hacked.

lcarus
11-20-2018, 09:48 AM
No doubt in my mind. It's not just what they call but what they don't. That false start/holding no call on Goff's TD run made it TOO obvious.

KChiefs1
11-20-2018, 09:49 AM

I thoughts the refs were trying to protect the QB's?

Nzoner
11-20-2018, 09:49 AM
/thread.

I do believe the scales are finally starting to tip.

KChiefs1
11-20-2018, 09:51 AM
No doubt in my mind. It's not just what they call but what they don't. That false start/holding no call on Goff's TD run made it TOO obvious.

That was so obvious.

Mile High Mania
11-20-2018, 09:55 AM
If you don't want folks thinking that your officating crew is biased or the game if fixed then...

1) Don't switched up the crew at the last minute and tell everyone how this is an "All Star" ref crew

2) Don't have one of your "All Star" ref crew wink and Goff while talking with a clearly irate Andy Reid

3) Don't have your "All Star" ref crew miss a blatant false start on an LA TD

4) Don't have your "All Star" ref crew call a incomplete pass, broken up at the line, a fumble for a TD only to be overruled by a clear replay

Not going to get into the lack of holding calls on KC D linemen, that happens to everybody and it's never going to stop.

Do I think the game was fixed, not really. Do I think there was a narrative and story line that needed to be pushed? Yep, and the announce team and the "All Star" ref crew made sure that narrative and story line was pushed and came to fruition.

I watched the game, but not as intensely close as many of you, I'm sure. So, were there any calls that went in the favor of KC that should have either not been called or called differently?

I really just have a hard time believing that all the 'bad calls / non calls' were in LA's favor. Refs certainly have issues in every game, every week... but, if you just read the comments here on a weekly basis, there are 31 teams in the league that get favorable calls.

T-post Tom
11-20-2018, 09:55 AM
Rams needed 2 bogus penalties to score on the first drive. Not saying the refs were necessarily out to get us, but 82 yards in the first quarter? I'll chalk that up to a SHITTY performance by the refs. Beyond shitty, really. Here ya go:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The &quot;All-Star&quot; <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NFL?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NFL</a> officiating crew called this unnecessary roughness... ��<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/KCvsLA?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#KCvsLA</a> | <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChiefsKingdom?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ChiefsKingdom</a> <a href="https://t.co/JL0P1uQF1J">pic.twitter.com/JL0P1uQF1J</a></p>&mdash; Yahoo Sports NFL (@YahooSportsNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/YahooSportsNFL/status/1064692538265677824?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 20, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mile High Mania
11-20-2018, 09:56 AM
Rams needed 2 bogus penalties to score on the first drive. Not saying the refs were necessarily out to get us, but 82 yards in the first quarter? I'll chalk that up to SHITTY performance by the refs. Beyond shitty, really. Here ya go:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The &quot;All-Star&quot; <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NFL?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NFL</a> officiating crew called this unnecessary roughness... 🤔<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/KCvsLA?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#KCvsLA</a> | <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChiefsKingdom?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ChiefsKingdom</a> <a href="https://t.co/JL0P1uQF1J">pic.twitter.com/JL0P1uQF1J</a></p>&mdash; Yahoo Sports NFL (@YahooSportsNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/YahooSportsNFL/status/1064692538265677824?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 20, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I've seen lots of bad calls in several games like that one, it's not just a KC thing.

13and3
11-20-2018, 09:57 AM

They are not out to get us, but rather promote the Rams. L.A. is a huge market they needed the rams to be successful, even at the expense of a marquee qb. Why else do we need special refs once the game is relocated from mexico to la?

Fish
11-20-2018, 09:57 AM

So the refs were biased because they wanted to be nice to LA? You think they "Fixed" the game because LA needed sympathy?

That's the dumbest fucking thing I've read in some time. Where do you nutters come up with this shit?

rabblerouser
11-20-2018, 09:59 AM
Horrible, bad, missed and or inconsistent officiating doesn't = NFL mandates that the officials are "out to get us" and create a loss.
ROFL

No shit. They were out to create a win for LA.

Did you see the game?

T-post Tom
I've seen lots of bad calls in several games like that one, it's not just a KC thing.

Maybe you should go back and watch the game again.

Nzoner
It's going to take somebody on the inside blowing the whistle on this bullshit to ever put a dent in it. But I doubt if that will ever happen. Maybe we'll get a death bed confession from one of these soulless ****s one day.

I'd personally love to know how the ref$ get their marching orders. Probably in person so there's no call that could be recorded or server that could be hacked.

If nothing else please watch the first minute of this

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AXlg_E2WTL0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tk13
11-20-2018, 10:00 AM
I actually think the refs just aren't very good sometimes. I think the good teams get the benefit of calls for sure at times.

The problem with this argument is we're no longer the Alex Smith Chiefs, we are one of those darling teams. Look at how much time every single pregame show talks about Mahomes. ESPN spent a ton of time talking about the Chiefs in the pregame and the Rams had the more dramatic story with the fires. Heck, when we lost to Tom Brady the first thing everyone asked him in the post game and in the press conference was how good is Patrick Mahomes. And he's the greatest QB of all time. You could tell he was annoyed by it.

The idea that we're the poor old Chiefs that no one cares about isn't based in reality at all. We're the team that's going to be getting calls. We just need a secondary that isn't completely overmatched defensively.

notorious
11-20-2018, 10:02 AM
I’m done trying to explain this stuff.

I just hope that the Chiefs are on the side being nudged when the games really matter.

rabblerouser
11-20-2018, 10:02 AM
They are not out to get us, but rather promote the Rams. L.A. is a huge market they needed the rams to be successful, even at the expense of a marquee qb. Why else do we need special refs once the game is relocated from mexico to la?

I wonder how a field can be resodded for a game in any city in America...but they couldn't find any sod in all of Mexico City.

Or maybe they couldn't find anyone to install the sod?

:hmmm:

BigRedChief
11-20-2018, 10:05 AM
If you don't see the obvious bias the league has for its darling big market coastal teams, you're either blind or retarded. The End.Then explain Rogers in GB, Manning in Indy. And now Mahomes in KC?

T-post Tom
11-20-2018, 10:06 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This NFL officiating is hard to watch. If those two calls are penalties the secondaries will have no chance. There will be 100 points scored tonight.</p>&mdash; Tony Dungy (@TonyDungy) <a href="https://twitter.com/TonyDungy/status/1064690887001890816?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 20, 2018</a></blockquote>

crayzkirk
11-20-2018, 10:08 AM
I believe there is unconscious bias in everyone. The fact that LA has suffered because of the fires had to be in the minds of the officials, they are human after all. I am not sure what, if anything, is going to be done about the holding that occurs on the Chiefs D linemen; I can remember an SI cover with Peypey on it and Tamba in a choke hold with no call. Something about a rip move where they claim the defender does it to themselves?

Even with the terrible officiating, and it was terrible, the Chiefs had the ball with three time outs and almost two minutes on the clock. Yes, Mahomes arm was hit on the interception however there was no need to take that chance. Just prior to that, the dropped interception by Scandrick would have ended the game.

If that game were played in KC, the Chiefs win by double digits.

tooge
11-20-2018, 10:08 AM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/20/marcus-peters-avoided-a-penalty-for-removing-helmet-after-late-interception/

It's shit like this that makes people wonder if it's a rigged system. Imagine if the chiefs had the ball on the 30 yard line to start the last drive? It's a penalty, the ref saw it and said something to Peters, but didn't throw a flag. What's up with that?

rabblerouser
11-20-2018, 10:10 AM
I’m done trying to explain this stuff.

I just hope that the Chiefs are on the side being nudged when the games really matter.

Fuck that shit.

I want Mahomes to develop to the point where we do what we did @Pittsburgh and just plain assed beat the opponent AND the refs.

The NFL is foolish for perpetuating this BS.

Nzoner
11-20-2018, 10:13 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/T1WwfI_3H94" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

staylor26
11-20-2018, 10:15 AM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/20/marcus-peters-avoided-a-penalty-for-removing-helmet-after-late-interception/

It's shit like this that makes people wonder if it's a rigged system. Imagine if the chiefs had the ball on the 30 yard line to start the last drive? It's a penalty, the ref saw it and said something to Peters, but didn't throw a flag. What's up with that?

Wow add this to the fucking list.

T-post Tom
11-20-2018, 10:15 AM
How long has Hill been flashing the peace sign and NOT received a penalty? And last night it was a penalty? Yet Peters can remove his helmet on the field and walk in front of a ref and NOT get a penalty? "All-Star"....yeah, right. (I'm not one to complain about officiating normally, but last night was a horrific night for the refs.)

notorious
11-20-2018, 10:16 AM
**** that shit.

I want Mahomes to develop to the point where we do what we did @Pittsburgh and just plain assed beat the opponent AND the refs.

The NFL is foolish for perpetuating this BS.

I am done trying to convince anyone. I recognize when the Chiefs get a boost and when they get screwed.

People that don’t get it never will. I would rather be in their shoes to be honest. I would enjoy watching a lot more.

Mile High Mania
11-20-2018, 10:18 AM
I am done trying to convince anyone. I recognize when the Chiefs get a boost and when they get screwed.

People that don’t get it never will. I would rather be in their shoes to be honest. I would enjoy watching a lot more.

I do all I can to not get caught up with officiating. Maybe it's the last few years of watching my daughter play club volleyball, my kids playing varsity sports. Refs suck at all levels. Getting wrapped up in it just makes you look like an idiot parent and I really think that's helped me dismiss what happens at the NFL level.

kcpasco
11-20-2018, 10:19 AM
Wow add this to the ****ing list.

Yet Hill can’t throw up a peace sign

Nzoner
11-20-2018, 10:20 AM

Nah,as someone who used to be in those shoes I don't miss that kick in the nuts feeling after play-off losses etc.

I watch now for what it is,pure ****ing entertainment and it rarely fails at that.

chiefzilla1501
11-20-2018, 10:23 AM
They are not out to get us. There is no conspiracy theory. But there are teams out there who consistently get favorable calls especially in big games, big situations.

Mile High Mania
11-20-2018, 10:23 AM

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think they've been pretty clear about not taunting another player. Whether it's a peace sign, spiking the ball, etc. Everything is in a gray area now that they have allowed wild ass end zone celebrations.

kcpasco
11-20-2018, 10:25 AM
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think they've been pretty clear about not taunting another player. Whether it's a peace sign, spiking the ball, etc. Everything is in a gray area now that they have allowed wild ass end zone celebrations.

I think it’s clear you can’t remove your helmet on the field either yet Peters only got a warning.

Mile High Mania
11-20-2018, 10:26 AM
They are not out to get us. There is no conspiracy theory. But there are teams out there who consistently get favorable calls especially in big games, big situations.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/penalties-per-game

Top 5 least penalized teams on average per game 2018:
Pats / Titans / Panthers / Saints / Cowboys

Top 5 most penalized teams on average per game 2018:
Chiefs / Steelers / Chargers / Browns / Seahawks

Mile High Mania
11-20-2018, 10:27 AM
I think it’s clear you can’t remove your helmet on the field either yet Peters only got a warning.

Won't disagree, just not sure it's truly called every time though.

ChiTown
11-20-2018, 10:27 AM

He's been doing that for the last 2 years without any infraction called. Why start enforcing that in the biggest non-playoff game of the year?

FAX
11-20-2018, 10:29 AM
Then explain Rogers in GB, Manning in Indy. And now Mahomes in KC?

I got one!!!

Follow the money, Mr. BigRedChief. Which QBs have the biggest endorsement deals? The NFL understands the value impact of ratings and sponsorship.

We'll soon find out ... if Mahomes becomes the national superstar many of us believe he will become, we'll see this bias problem decrease. Guys like Green, Cassel, Smith, etc. don't draw big audiences or national attention. Guys like Rogers and Pay Pay do. (Steinberg probably needs to up his game this off-season, as well.)

I understand your desire to maintain objectivity in the face of elevated emotion ... I really do. On the other hand, a spade is a spade ... and that was one of the worst officiating jobs I've seen in a couple of years. The list of blown, erroneous, and/or missed calls in this game is very, very lengthy. Unfortunate considering that (according to the NFL) this was an "all-star" officiating group.

FAX

Mile High Mania
11-20-2018, 10:29 AM
He's been doing that for the last 2 years without any infraction called. Why start enforcing that in the biggest non-playoff game of the year?

No clue, didn't realize he's been doing that the last 2 years...

Simply Red
11-20-2018, 10:30 AM
PyroJoe - I just procured 'Interference' on Amazon used for $5.99/shipped - thanks

Mile High Mania
11-20-2018, 10:30 AM
I got one!!!

Follow the money, Mr. BigRedChief. Which QBs have the biggest endorsement deals? The NFL understands the value impact of ratings and sponsorship.

We'll soon find out ... if Mahomes becomes the national superstar many of us believe he will become, we'll see this bias problem decrease. Guys like Green, Cassel, Smith, etc. don't draw big audiences or national attention. Guys like Rogers and Pay Pay do. (Steinberg probably needs to up his game this off-season, as well.)

I understand your desire to maintain objectivity in the face of elevated emotion ... I really do. On the other hand, a spade is a spade ... and that was one of the worst officiating jobs I've seen in a couple of years. The list of blown, erroneous, and/or missed calls in this game is very, very lengthy. Unfortunate considering that (according to the NFL) this was an "all-star" officiating group.

FAX

Did the Chiefs benefit from any bad/non calls?

Nzoner
11-20-2018, 10:33 AM
PyroJoe - I just procured 'Interference' on Amazon used for $5.99/shipped - thanks

It's a helluva read,oh and just so you know going in there's only one team in the NFL with a chapter all to themselves.

The title of that chapter is called The Kansas City Shuffle LMAO

MVChiefFan
I don’t think it’s totally rigged, and I absolutely don’t want to believe it, because why even watch another game? You have to allow room for human refs to make mistakes, but good lord, these guys are supposed to be the best the world has to offer at their jobs and they absolutely miss false starts?!?! You are literally standing there watching straight down the line of scrimmage and it’s your ONLY f****** job! I can legit say that a false start is one penalty that should NEVER be missed. So that definitely pushes the narrative, and I just don’t understand it.

ChiTown

Seriously, that peace sign has been his thing. So, randomly, with this "All Star Crew" they decided a well-known player who normally beats defenders like that, won't be allowed to do what he has done for the past 36 plus games.

I don't believe the Refs were out to get the Chiefs. They just sucked entirely too much at their jobs last night.

crazycoffey
11-20-2018, 10:35 AM
I would pay to watch a program where the refs review all their calls and none calls from the game, along with the coaches, it would be entertaining.

So, I don’t think there’s a conspiracy, but I do think it was a horribly called game and every ref should lose their pay for that game. Donate it to a foundation for blind kids......

Fish
11-20-2018, 10:35 AM

It wasn't the peace sign. Hill got right in the defenders face when he was doing it, and it was directly in front of the ref. It was the way he was directing it at the defender.

MVChiefFan
11-20-2018, 10:36 AM

Yeah, he legit does it every time he scores on a break away TD. Now, I will admit, that last night he turned right around and did it directly to the guy. But, I still think you have to be consistent with the call.

Fish
11-20-2018, 10:38 AM
Yeah, he legit does it every time he scores on a break away TD. Now, I will admit, that last night he turned right around and did it directly to the guy. But, I still think you have to be consistent with the call.

Yeah, that was clearly the difference. He wasn't just flashing the peace sign at the crowd like he normally does, he was directing it right in the defender's face.

wazu
11-20-2018, 10:39 AM

He even does it on Madden now.

FAX
11-20-2018, 10:40 AM

I don't use a click-counter during the game. Instead, I use the weighting system and trust my eyes.

But the answer is ... yes, we did, Mr. Mile High Mania. However, it appeared to me that the non-calls were weighted against the good guys last night and I can cite numerous examples. (In truth, I haven't seen the All-22 yet, either.) There were also several strange (more blatantly erroneous) calls one wouldn't expect from "all-star" refs ... I'm sure you know the ones I'm talking about. That doesn't generate confidence.

I think we can all agree (if we're honest with ourselves) that the officiating crew last night was embarrassingly bad. Surely we can get a consensus on that.

FAX

ChiTown
11-20-2018, 10:42 AM
Yeah, that was clearly the difference. He wasn't just flashing the peace sign at the crowd like he normally does, he was directing it right in the defender's face.

I've seen Hill direct it at the defender before without penalty.

chiefzilla1501
11-20-2018, 10:43 AM

One major one I can think of. One phantom defensive holding on one of the last series that gave them a first down. I think there was an arguable jersey tug on a red zone throw too. But that doesn't hold a candle to the ones they got wrong against us.

Fish
11-20-2018, 10:43 AM

Absolutely. There were tons of calls that were clearly in the Chiefs' favor last night that could have been called differently. Nobody seems to want to admit that though...

FAX
11-20-2018, 10:44 AM

And you've been feigning naivety for a lot longer.

(Of course, you know he's been doing that, you trolling baiter person.)

FAX

Fish
11-20-2018, 10:45 AM
I've seen Hill direct it at the defender before without penalty.

It's never going to be 100% consistent. Every single game you could pick a handful of penalties in which the same player had gotten away with it previously.

RunKC
11-20-2018, 10:47 AM
FWIW James Jones on NFLN said he thought they called that penalty on Tyreek because he was looking right at the defender when he threw up his peace sign.

I still don’t like that call.

ChiTown
11-20-2018, 10:50 AM
It's never going to be 100% consistent. Every single game you could pick a handful of penalties in which the same player had gotten away with it previously.

My point is that he's never, to my knowledge, received a PI for doing that in a defenders face in the past. But now, in the biggest non-playoff game of the year, it's a problem. How about the refs use a little restraint. If they don't like it, then they go over to the Coach or player and tell them they'll get flagged if they do it again.

The all-star ref crew tried to be the show last night. They sucked at their jobs, and it took away from what should have been a great game. And no, I don't for a minute think that the refs or league are out to get the Chiefs. I'm not that guy....

Eleazar
11-20-2018, 10:51 AM
FWIW James Jones on NFLN said he thought they called that penalty on Tyreek because he was looking right at the defender when he threw up his peace sign.

Hill was obviously taunting the defender as he went into the end zone. He's no stranger to unsportsmanlike conduct flags after scoring.

FAX
11-20-2018, 10:53 AM
Absolutely. There were tons of calls that were clearly in the Chiefs' favor last night that could have been called differently. Nobody seems to want to admit that though...

The ol' "two wrongs" argument. C'mon, Mr. Fish ...

Listen, if the games are officiated consistently and fairly, I have no problem. Never have had.

But I have to question the motivation of anyone who doesn't recognize how badly that crew called that game last night. The tipped pass. The INT/TD that had to be actually "reviewed". The call against Tyreek for taunting vs. the forearm shiver by Suh to Mahomes' head ... I can go on and on.

That was a very poorly officiated game, my friend ... by any reasonable standard of measure.

FAX

chiefzilla1501
11-20-2018, 10:53 AM

The NFL needs to get rid of taunting except for severe cases. Period.

Protecting the passing game to create more offense at least has a purpose. There is no reason whatsoever for this shit-for-brains rule.

Fish
11-20-2018, 10:55 AM
Hill was obviously taunting the defender as he went into the end zone. He's no stranger to unsportsmanlike conduct flags after scoring.

Exactly. He's been toeing the line with his TD celebrations for weeks. Jumping in to the stands, taking over the camera. I mean, it's hilarious to watch. But he's already gotten flags for his post-TD actions. Refs are going to remember that kind of thing.

MVChiefFan
11-20-2018, 10:59 AM
My point is that he's never, to my knowledge, received a PI for doing that in a defenders face in the past. But now, in the biggest non-playoff game of the year, it's a problem. How about the refs use a little restraint. If they don't like it, then they go over to the Coach or player and tell them they'll get flagged if they do it again.

The all-star ref crew tried to be the show last night. They sucked at their jobs, and it took away from what should have been a great game. And no, I don't for a minute think that the refs or league are out to get the Chiefs. I'm not that guy....

This is kind of how I feel. It’s something that is his signature celebration that the league has approved of. There’s room for the ref to let it go but then warn him about doing it directly in someone’s face.

Chief_N_Bama
11-20-2018, 11:03 AM
Hello, All! New poster here!

I’ve never been a believer in conspiracy theories, sports or otherwise, but last night has definitely got me reassessing that. I have never watched a game with as many “WTF” calls (or no calls) in my life, and living in Alabama I watch A LOT OF FOOTBALL. I have to either believe that a hand-picked “All-Star” team NFL referees were just totally in incompetent, or that there was a finger on the scale. The evidence, while circumstantial, has me leaning to the latter explanation.

Bwana
11-20-2018, 11:04 AM
No, but with that said, there have been some really crappy calls that I have seen this year. The NFL needs to step up and hire full time officials, as in that's their only job. Pay them a decent wage and let them do their thing, the NFL can afford it.

These, all star mix and match crews, where they are not used to working with each other, are a load of crap. Pick a normal crew and let them officiate the game.

Otter
11-20-2018, 11:06 AM
First off, I'm going to begin this blog by stating that I don't have any intentions on changing anyone's mind about the NFL. Nor am I trying to start an argument about who is right and who is wrong.

I already know everyone's argument of "It takes too many people to rig a game", and the all time classic with no viable facts, "They make too much money, why would they jeopardize it?" Arguing about the nature of such things is like arguing about religion and politics. There is no point.

I'm just going to point out several observations I have made over the last few years about the NFL and state my case for why I think the NFL fixes their own games for profit. So if you are already on the defensive ready to discredit all of the evidence I am about display without actually bringing up facts that go against my arguments (like a normal discussion should be) then move on.

So if you have any documented facts, I would like to hear them. If you agree with me afterwards great, if you don't that's cool too, follow me on Twitter @shark702 and we can continue the discussion there. But again, let's talk, not insult each other. If you are the type of person who hates being lied to, was upset to find out as a kid that Santa wasn't real and that WWE is fake than please read on and I would love to hear your opinions.

OK, so if you are ready to take the Red Pill, let's see how deep the rabbit hole goes...

I've been handicapping the NFL for about 10 years now using mathematical analysis of teams, point spreads, specific outcomes and algebra, specifically relating to the calculation of probability where P(X=K)=(n/k)P^k(q)(n-k) and (n/k) = n!/k!(n-k)!, accounting for injuries, and incorporating Power Ratings which I developed from a simple Grade Scale A-F with the best NFL team receiving an A and the worst receiving an F. I was able to amass several consistent 60% ATS betting seasons. This process I found to be long and arduous and caused me great mental stress after a certain period of time.

But one day, during the 2009 season, something happened that changed it all. Now I've had my share of bad beats up until then. Some of these bad beats were too good to be true i.e The Tuck Rule Game. Several coincidences happened that just seemed to good to be true. The New England Patriots post 9/11 run, the Saints erasing 40 years of negative football history post Katrina, the Manning Families dynasty, just to name a few.

Now if you believe in random coincidence that's fine, but when they happen on multiple occasions over and over and over than it's time to do a little research. Ralph Waldo Emerson once said "Shallow men believe in Luck, strong men believe in cause and effect".

So during a game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the San Diego Chargers the Steelers were favored by 3. Nearly 70 percent of the betting public was on Pittsburgh, with a reported $100 million in potential earnings. The score with less than a minute to go, 11-10 Pittsburgh and SD with the ball. After an errant lateral gets knocked away by Troy Polamalu, he scoops it and scores. The score is now 17-10, there is no time left, all teams head to the locker room, fans go to cash their tickets.

After several minutes of debate, the refs overturn the call, restoring a meaningless TD off the board making the final score 11-10, the Steelers win, the public loses. What I found to be most odd about it is the league's explanation of a "forward pass". The pass was ruled forward although it is obvious it was a backwards lateral. When I got home, I starting thinking that things were just to good to be true.

Sportscenter reported the money lost in Vegas and almost joked about it. They were literally laughing. So after this bad beat, I held around some serious thoughts about the legitimacy of pro football.

An opportunity came up in my graduate school where I was to write my project on any topic I was to choose. So I chose researching the "Showbiz manipulations of the NFL". I picked up several books including Dan Moldea's "Interference: How Organized Crimes Influence Professional Football", Brian Touhy's "The Fix Is In" , Roger L. Martins "Fixing the Game". I checked out several TV Marketing books from the college library and also several TV Business books.

I utilized my rights under the Freedom of Information Act passed by President Lyndon Johnson in 1966 to access over 40 years of FBI files on the NFL although some information was redacted. Here's what I found:

1. Contrary to popular belief and to what he NFL wants you to think, there have been fixed games in league history. On page 308 of Dan Moldea's book "Interference" he lists over 70 NFL games that have been fixed and includes the names of the 2 referees involved in fixing those games. He also lists interviews with NFL HOF players most notably KC Chiefs QB Len Dawson. He, in detail with documented facts supported by FBI documents, has interviews with NFL players and known gambling associates to uncover massive game fixing in the league. He also notes, with evidence, throughout the book that no fewer than 26 NFL team owners have or have had continuous and developing relationships with the gambling world, most notably the Rooney, Bidwill, and Mara families all getting their starts as Bookmakers for established mid-west crime families and buying their NFL franchises with moneys earned from gambling. So that in and of itself is a hypocrisy number 1 on the NFL's "lilly white" reputation.

NFL Referees are part-time employees of the NFL. They are not employees of any team nor do they get paid anywhere close to the sums of NBA refs. NFL refs make between $25K to $70K per season. They work for the league and do what the league tells them to do. They are not there for "the integrity of the game". Referees, unlike other sports, are bound by NFL mandated gag orders which prevent them from talking to the media.

2. The NFL possesses an Anti-Trust Exemption to the law granted to it by President John F. Kennedy, which ultimately allows the NFL to classify itself as "entertainment" rather than sport, as well as incorporate itself as a single entity instead of the 32 separate "franchises" they would want you to believe. Contrary to the perception of the NFL being 32 separate franchises battling it out for gridiron supremacy. In a franchised environment, such as McDonalds (Business 101), each franchise is individually owned and operated and can participate in national promotions, have its own local promotions, or abstain from participating (hence the fine print in commercials saying "at participating locations".

This keeps the regionality of competition in tact without having to compete on a national level. MLB has this status, the NFL does not. Instead, since the NFL has this Anti-Trust exemption, it is able to package its teams in order to sell to national television companies, which today totals $6 Billion in revenue for the league. That is 75% of the leagues total annual revenue. In a 2004 lawsuit vs the NFL, the NFL attorney Gregg H. Levy argued that "the NFL is not a collection of 32 individual teams, but rather a single entity. And as long as the NFL teams are a unit, and they compete as a unit in the entertainment marketplace, then they should be deemed a single unit and not subject to any Anti-Trust laws."

There is only another "sports" organization that I can think of that follows this, the WWE. Levy also argued that the league markets its products and merchandise as a whole to promote the NFL as a whole. These arguments led all the way to lockout during the 2011 offseason. The league would still earn $5 Billion in revenue, even without a single game being played.

Professional sports is the only industry without ANY federal oversight. Therefore the league can do and go as they see fit, this is something the players were concerned about going into the lockout, the NFL players themselves sought help from US Congress asking for oversight of the NFL. And NFL players wanted an explanation as to why the NFL owners were granted an Anti-Trust exemption in the first place. They didn't get it.

The NFL proved in this lawsuit that they see themselves as a single unit in the "entertainment" industry and the unique league revenue sharing strategy is not common amongst professional sports leagues.

staylor26
11-20-2018, 11:07 AM

Find the nearest fucking cliff and jump

Chief_N_Bama
11-20-2018, 11:15 AM
It wasn't the peace sign. Hill got right in the defenders face when he was doing it, and it was directly in front of the ref. It was the way he was directing it at the defender.

He turned to the defender behind him and threw the dueces, and he has done that several times. That’s kinda the point of the celebration. He’s telling the “bye”.

Fish
11-20-2018, 11:31 AM
He turned to the defender behind him and threw the dueces, and he has done that several times. That’s kinda the point of the celebration. He’s telling the “bye”.

This was different. He was right in the guy's face, and the ref was directly behind them.

https://i.imgur.com/42MGLUB.jpg

DeepPurple
11-20-2018, 11:35 AM
The only way that's an all-star crew is they grade them on the amount of penalties they throw and no so much on if they're correct. I rather have one of the terrible crews that keep the flags in their pocket and let the game move along. Nobody could get any rhythm last night, every play had something wrong. The NFL should worry more about keeping fans interest, that's why baseball suffers.

Rain Man
11-20-2018, 11:38 AM
Okay, so I've given this issue a lot of thought over the past 45 seconds, and here's what I think.

First, the league has no vendetta against the Chiefs. They don't care about the Chiefs at all.

And that is precisely the problem. If you want clear proof, look at the playoff game last year. The league didn't care if the Chiefs lost or the Titans won. Both of those franchises are irrelevant to them, which is why they rewarded the worst referee in the league the game as a retirement gift instead of following their procedures and assigning refs to games based on their scoring. That's not opinion, right? Didn't the league or Triplette or someone come out and say that the game was a retirement farewell gift to Triplette?

So now let's ask ourselves. Would the league have assigned a known-to-be-subpar referee to a game with the Patriots or the Giants or another big market team? No way. They assigned Triplette to the Chiefs-Titans game because they didn't care about the Chiefs-Titans game, and they trusted the Triplette was at least competent enough to not make a scandal out of it. It turned out that they were wrong and he made a game-changing error that sent the wrong team to the next round, but whatever. Who cares. It was just the Chiefs and the Titans.

So then when you get to games like this, it's easy for a conspiracy theory to be built. There's a very strong business case to be made that the Los Angeles fan base needs to solidified. We all know Los Angeles. If their team gets behind by 10 points they're going to switch channels and watch a rerun of Breaking Bad or Entourage. I spend a lot of time in the LA area, and there's no sports culture there. It's hard to even find a sports bar that's any good. So a conspiracy theorist would say that the two Los Angeles teams need to win and be successful in their first few years in the city, or they'll fade to irrelevancy, which is why the Rams and Raiders (and even the Chargers in their first year) all left in the first place. Oh, and who's the other team in the big game? Kansas City? Meh, Kansas City doesn't matter. (Maybe that changes in the future with Patrick Mahomes II, but it clearly hasn't taken root yet.)

The game last night feeds conspiracy theories because the officiating was completely off the hook biased until the Rams got a 13 point lead. After that, it ratcheted back and was generally evenly called. Maybe that's a coincidence, but simple math (and a few reasonable assumptions) says that the odds are 1,024 to 1 against having one team called for the first 10 penalties of the game and other being called for zero. So yes, maybe it's a coincidence, but it's a rare one. Statistically, you would expect that to happen in one game leaguewide every four years, so it's going to happen, but not often.

The more charitable view, but still an evil one, is that the league wants offense. We know that the league wants offense. They were billing this game as a shootout all week, so if you're a business-oriented league, you tell the refs who are your employees to let the offenses play and be sure that we get some scoring early. This isn't even a conspiracy because it's not favoring one team over the other. It's a business decision, albeit an unethical one. I'd openly believe this, but the theory fell into question when the Chiefs' first offensive play was an 18 yard gain that was called back on a penalty that we never saw.

So yes, there are very clear business reasons for the NFL to want certain markets to do well at certain times (e.g., Los Angeles teams in the 2018-2020 time frame), and there are very clear business reasons for the NFL to want 24/7 offense. We're just supposed to have faith that the league will sacrifice those business interests in the short term to protect the long-term integrity of the sport. Look at Roger Goodell and raise your hand if you believe that he's going to do that. (And I still remember him telling a free agent, 'Why are you considering that small market team? You should be playing in New York.)

Now, are those pressures new? No. There have always been business interests competing with the integrity of the sport, all the way back to 1920. But the differences today are twofold - there's massive, massive money involved now, first and foremost. And second, because there's massive money, the ownership profile has changed. I would trust Lamar Hunt and George Halas and Paul Brown and Ralph Wilson to protect the integrity of the sport. I don't trust Robert Kraft and Stan Kroenke and Jerry Jones at all.

And then on top of all this, we have the problem of technology, which makes it much easier to be critical. In 1965, when the officials called a penalty, you just shrugged and said, "Dang. Penalty." You couldn't go back and see what happened. Now we can. Even if the game is clean as a whistle, there's going to be inconsistency in the officiating, and what's more, replays make the definition of penalties much more complex. Technology is the reason that we've seen endless debates over what is a catch, or what is control of a ball when a player goes over the goal line. The rules are necessarily becoming more complex, and that means that more penalties must be called and more judgments must be made in real time. And that's a major, major problem. If you believe the games are clean, what we're seeing is that human referees cannot judge the complexity of the game accurately in real time.

Even if we assume that the game is clean as a whistle and that everyone at every level of every organization is acting in the best interest of the sport, a very clear imperative is that we need to simplify the rules. Right now, roughly 10 percent of the plays on the field result in a penalty, and the number is rising. That cannot continue. We can't have games like last night where 30 percent of the first quarter's plays are the result of penalty calls. Not only does it damage the entertainment value, but it leads to inconsistency and the appearance of bias. If the league is pure and honest and clean, their next mission HAS to be changes to the game to simplify the rulebook.

Okay, that was rambling. I feel like the Unabomber now.

Chief_N_Bama
11-20-2018, 11:43 AM
This was different. He was right in the guy's face, and the ref was directly behind them.

https://i.imgur.com/42MGLUB.jpg

It was “different” only in that the defender was closer than they usually are to Reek, but he turns and tosses the at the defender if they are still in pursuit. And in the context of the game it was especially questionable, especially when they (the refs) refrained from throwing similar flags against the Rams when they could have. The Suh hit comes immediately to mind. In this day and age of protecting the QB, the no call on the play is still mind boggling.

Mecca
11-20-2018, 11:45 AM
That's it, they don't care about the Chiefs. The Chiefs are perfectly fine as long as they aren't playing a darling which is why we have all these heartbreaking loses.

I don't think they are out to get the Chiefs, I think they are out to push certain teams and the Chiefs are not and have never been one of those teams. Numerous other teams get jobbed in those games also, Jacksonville got jobbed yesterday, the Broncos overcame a job attempt.

The NFL doesn't even care if you know it because everyone keeps watching and there will always be people that defend refs or tell you you are a loser for bringing it up...this thread for example.

Halfcan
11-20-2018, 11:46 AM
Nailed it! ^

saphojunkie
11-20-2018, 11:56 AM
Won't disagree, just not sure it's truly called every time though.

I specifically remember a time this year when a Chief did it and was NOT flagged.

saphojunkie
11-20-2018, 11:58 AM
Okay, so I've given this issue a lot of thought over the past 45 seconds, and here's what I think.

So then when you get to games like this, it's easy for a conspiracy theory to be built. There's a very strong business case to be made that the Los Angeles fan base needs to solidified. We all know Los Angeles. If their team gets behind by 10 points they're going to switch channels and watch a rerun of Breaking Bad or Entourage. I spend a lot of time in the LA area, and there's no sports culture there. It's hard to even find a sports bar that's any good. So a conspiracy theorist would say that the two Los Angeles teams need to win and be successful in their first few years in the city, or they'll fade to irrelevancy, which is why the Rams and Raiders (and even the Chargers in their first year) all left in the first place. Oh, and who's the other team in the big game? Kansas City? Meh, Kansas City doesn't matter. (Maybe that changes in the future with Patrick Mahomes II, but it clearly hasn't taken root yet.)

I respect your posts, but this is as dumb a statement as has ever been made on CP by someone who isn't a complete fucktard.

I mean, the sports culture may not LOOK like yours, but that's because there is about 1000000x more money to be made off opening an upscale bar with $15 cocktails versus a Johnny's Tavern with Miller Lite on tap and chicken wings. Also, people's understanding of what LA is usually is decided by the 3-4 predominantly upscale neighborhoods they visit on business or vacation.

Mecca
11-20-2018, 11:59 AM
Also for the thread starter...

Having a franchise guy is going to help but let me tell you something...

Green Bay has had nearly 30 years of franchise QB's in a row and they have 2 bowls..Manning put in what 12 years in Indy something like that and got 1...

So small market franchise QB's won 3 superbowls in 40 years...Tom Brady won that in 4 years. And he plays in Boston.

Mile High Mania
11-20-2018, 12:01 PM

And, that's what I figured... we just remember the non-calls, etc that sting.

And, that's the big difference. Player doing anything with nobody around (that isn't vulgur) is likely not getting called. Do that to an opposing player, and you're getting a flag. Pretty simple.

Mecca
11-20-2018, 12:02 PM
Then explain Rogers in GB, Manning in Indy. And now Mahomes in KC?

Rodgers and Manning didn't get calls when they had to go face Brady...hence why Manning was labeled a choker. You remember Manning getting calls because he was higher than the Chiefs on the pecking order but then he'd take it with no lube in Boston.

Mile High Mania
11-20-2018, 12:03 PM
That's it, they don't care about the Chiefs. The Chiefs are perfectly fine as long as they aren't playing a darling which is why we have all these heartbreaking loses.

I don't think they are out to get the Chiefs, I think they are out to push certain teams and the Chiefs are not and have never been one of those teams. Numerous other teams get jobbed in those games also, Jacksonville got jobbed yesterday, the Broncos overcame a job attempt.

The NFL doesn't even care if you know it because everyone keeps watching and there will always be people that defend refs or tell you you are a loser for bringing it up...this thread for example.

I think that's all crazy talk. NFL didn't care about LA for how many years and now all of a sudden they're the new darling? C'mon.

You really think the NFL looks at KC and this offense and thinks ... "Meh, let's just keep them toiling in misery."

Gravedigger
11-20-2018, 12:05 PM
I could see it either way in all honesty. There's evidence to support both sides.

dlphg9
So it was a penalty because Tyreek Hill was too close to the defender, but it's not a penalty to run up to Patrick Mahomes after he was ran over and pull the guy who ran him over off, then proceed to run your mouth for 10 seconds as 2 Chiefs players attempt to pull you off the top of him. This is all while an official is standing 3 ft away. The official had to get in the middle of the group of players though. So why was what Marcus Peters was doing not called a penalty? Someone please explain. Also in your explanation do not say that the ref didn't see it. I want a legit reason. TIA.

Mile High Mania
It was “different” only in that the defender was closer than they usually are to Reek, but he turns and tosses the at the defender if they are still in pursuit. And in the context of the game it was especially questionable, especially when they (the refs) refrained from throwing similar flags against the Rams when they could have. The Suh hit comes immediately to mind. In this day and age of protecting the QB, the no call on the play is still mind boggling.

Here's a comparison... Denver players still do the mile high salute and that's typically, in the EZ and facing the stands. The first time one of those players stops, turns and does that in the face of another player... flag. Bank on it, esp if a ref is there.

BlackOp
11-20-2018, 12:07 PM
NFL officials have to sign a confidentiality agreement and are subject to gag orders if they talk publicly about their jobs.

In my experience, confidentiality agreements only exist to serve as a firewall to protect sensitive internal information and financial damage.

What could be so sensitive about fairly officiating a NFL game? It seems like a pretty extreme measure to take...unless there is obviously something they deem that would be financially "damaging" if it were public knowledge.

The writing in on the wall...if you choose to ignore it, it's your choice.

Also, by creating the stupid "all-star" crew...the NFL is inadvertently admitting that some refs aren't as good as others? It was a deliberate move to sway the game...then have a contingency to apologize and say they made a mistake and will stick with the original crews. It had a built in alibi from the conception...and nobody from that crew will be held accountable.

Mecca
11-20-2018, 12:08 PM
I think that's all crazy talk. NFL didn't care about LA for how many years and now all of a sudden they're the new darling? C'mon.

You really think the NFL looks at KC and this offense and thinks ... "Meh, let's just keep them toiling in misery."

KC isn't in the midst of building a 5 billion dollar stadium or do they have the market size to support 20+ million in ad revenue..

This is a money making business.

dlphg9
11-20-2018, 12:08 PM

Umm yeah? Why would they not put extreme emphasis on making sure the LA teams are competitive? They know that no one is going to go to a game if the teams aren't competitive. Hell even with 1 very good team and 1 average team not many people show up.

Quit playing stupid and quit trolling.

Simply Red
11-20-2018, 12:09 PM
It's a helluva read,oh and just so you know going in there's only one team in the NFL with a chapter all to themselves.

The title of that chapter is called The Kansas City Shuffle LMAO

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dULYXCAGnt8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EVcYK3wNvOE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mecca
11-20-2018, 12:09 PM
So it was a penalty because Tyreek Hill was too close to the defender, but it's not a penalty to run up to Patrick Mahomes after he was ran over and pull the guy who ran him over off, then proceed to run your mouth for 10 seconds as 2 Chiefs players attempt to pull you off the top of him. This is all while an official is standing 3 ft away. The official had to get in the middle of the group of players though. So why was what Marcus Peters was doing not called a penalty? Someone please explain. Also in your explanation do not say that the ref didn't see it. I want a legit reason. TIA.

The teams had different rules for the game, it's not hard to understand. The NFL is the parent and the teams are the children, the children have different rules.

dlphg9
11-20-2018, 12:12 PM
Some of you are in such denial it's ridiculous. I mean look at some wrestling fans that think it's real and they openely tell you it's scripted. You guys just don't want to believe your favorite sport is rigged in some way. Then some of you guys are such manly men that you can't place blame on refs because that makes you a loser.

I'll say it again

OPEN YOUR EYES

Mile High Mania
11-20-2018, 12:14 PM
Umm yeah? Why would they not put extreme emphasis on making sure the LA teams are competitive? They know that no one is going to go to a game if the teams aren't competitive. Hell even with 1 very good team and 1 average team not many people show up.

Then why do watch... if your outcome is predetermined to suck for eternity, why do you watch?

Fish
11-20-2018, 12:14 PM

That doesn't make any sense considering how NFL profits are made/shared.

BigRedChief
11-20-2018, 12:17 PM
I could see it either way in all honesty. There's evidence to support both sides.what “evidence” do you have?

These are unpaid or low paid referees. If they were told by the NFL to throw a game or favor one team over another, you don’t think it would have leaked by now. Any ump would have a multi-million $ payday to expose the NFL rigging games. And the NFL would be over as a sport.

Mecca
11-20-2018, 12:18 PM
So the refs were biased because they wanted to be nice to LA? You think they "Fixed" the game because LA needed sympathy?

That's the dumbest fucking thing I've read in some time. Where do you nutters come up with this shit?

The NFL LOVES to push narrative and feel good stories are a big part of them, especially if they involve big markets.

Chief_N_Bama
11-20-2018, 12:18 PM
Here's a comparison... Denver players still do the mile high salute and that's typically, in the EZ and facing the stands. The first time one of those players stops, turns and does that in the face of another player... flag. Bank on it, esp if a ref is there.

Not an equivalent comparison. The Mile High Salute has never been directed at the opposition, while Reek's dueces has and is directed at the competition, and never been flagged until last night.

Fish
11-20-2018, 12:19 PM
Then why do watch... if your outcome is predetermined to suck for eternity, why do you watch?

Also... if the fix is so obvious and apparent, why aren't these chuckleheads millionaires already from betting on these obviously fixed games? We never see these threads till after the came has commenced...

Mecca
11-20-2018, 12:20 PM
That doesn't make any sense considering how NFL profits are made/shared.

They are shared to a degree, you don't think LA being an important player isn't more profitable to the whole league than say Jacksonville being good is? If you tell me it's not then yea you aren't wise.

Chiefnj2
11-20-2018, 12:20 PM

Or, Peters was trying to help Mahomes by getting a Rams player off of Mahomes and then told him he was helping him and going to get him up - which is what Mahomes said. Why don't you trust Mahomes? Why are you calling him a liar?

Halfcan
11-20-2018, 12:21 PM
The Peace sign is now TAUNTING folks- that is some pussy shit right there.

Chief_N_Bama
11-20-2018, 12:21 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT78oFLxMeTCPvvbtaiL3L5Z0r7g0feMc6llBdFkQnX1LeWb_zAwwhttps://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1cghmbSGDF7mmbFOsNwFKTMzVU5IBnJWlrAumxtbCGbPSVl2G

dlphg9
11-20-2018, 12:22 PM
The teams had different rules for the game, it's not hard to understand. The NFL is the parent and the teams are the children, the children have different rules.

I just can't believe the amount of denial on this board. The evidence is right in front of them. Hell go back to the Patriots game, the Patriots committed only 1 penalty? They were called for 1 penalty in a sport that I'm told

BlackOp
11-20-2018, 12:23 PM
Also...why is ref winking at Goff? if you break down what a wink gesture actually signifies...it's pretty strange.

When you wink at someone...what are you communicating? It usually represents an unspoken siding with someone...about something you dont want verbalized.

Refs shouldn't be "winking" at any player during a game...it implies favoritism.

Eleazar
11-20-2018, 12:23 PM
Or, Peters was trying to help Mahomes by getting a Rams player off of Mahomes and then told him he was helping him and going to get him up - which is what Mahomes said. Why don't you trust Mahomes? Why are you calling him a liar?

Obviously, Mahomes is in on the massive conthpirathy to keep the Chiefs down :tinfoil:

ChiTown
11-20-2018, 12:32 PM
MUH LEAGUE IS AGIN ME!

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1365/2497/files/IMG_3053-ANIMATION_large.gif?v=1522242950

Mecca
11-20-2018, 12:32 PM
Obviously, Mahomes is in on the massive conthpirathy to keep the Chiefs down :tinfoil:

I don't think Mahomes has much desire to talk shit, he's above doing that. But Marcus Peters history generally would suggest he wasn't being nice.

Fish
11-20-2018, 12:33 PM
They are shared to a degree, you don't think LA being an important player isn't more profitable to the whole league than say Jacksonville being good is? If you tell me it's not then yea you aren't wise.

That's the whole reason for NFL profit sharing, dummy. The NFL intentionally shares the profits because some teams are more profitable. It's not a secret.
Guess what, the Cowboys are the most profitable team in the NFL by a huge margin. They've been shit for a decade. Also in the top 10 of team profits... The Giants, Redskins, 49ers. Yeah.... you can really see how much the NFL is propping up the most profitable teams.

Rain Man
11-20-2018, 12:37 PM
I respect your posts, but this is as dumb a statement as has ever been made on CP by someone who isn't a complete ****tard.

I mean, the sports culture may not LOOK like yours, but that's because there is about 1000000x more money to be made off opening an upscale bar with $15 cocktails versus a Johnny's Tavern with Miller Lite on tap and chicken wings. Also, people's understanding of what LA is usually is decided by the 3-4 predominantly upscale neighborhoods they visit on business or vacation.

I call it like I see it. I was in Long Beach a few weeks ago and had trouble finding a sports bar - any sports bar. I had to drive to Seal Beach or somewhere, and the first one I found had no food menu and half a dozen sad-looking people in it who were clearly only there for the alcohol, so I had to leave and find another one (which in fairness was a good one). I go to Orange County regularly, and have found precisely one sports bar there so far that's what I would call legit. I ran a race in Escondido a few years ago and drove all over trying to find a sports bar afterwards. I ran a race north of downtown Los Angeles last year and could only find a pathetic one in that area. Here in Denver, I've got 10 that are within a 15 minute drive.

Maybe I'm missing something. Maybe there's a different term for them that I don't know. But all I know is that it's hard for me to find a place to watch games when I'm there, and I'm not just hanging out in one area.

And I also observe that three NFL franchises have pulled out of the area over the years. That seems notable.

Fish
11-20-2018, 12:39 PM

Ohh, and just an FYI.... the LA Rams were actually the 6th least profitable NFL team last year. Which is actually 7 slots lower than JAX. So this is just fucking dumb on your part.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/193553/revenue-of-national-football-league-teams-in-2010/

wazu
11-20-2018, 12:41 PM
Ohh, and just an FYI.... the LA Rams were actually the 6th least profitable NFL team last year. Which is actually 7 slots lower than JAX. So this is just fucking dumb on your part.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/193553/revenue-of-national-football-league-teams-in-2010/

You just stated the problem the league wants to solve.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-20-2018, 12:44 PM
No, they just want games slanted a certain way. We got a TON of calls at home against Frisco and Denver...

wazu
11-20-2018, 12:45 PM
I call it like I see it. I was in Long Beach a few weeks ago and had trouble finding a sports bar - any sports bar. I had to drive to Seal Beach or somewhere, and the first one I found had no food menu and half a dozen sad-looking people in it who were clearly only there for the alcohol, so I had to leave and find another one (which in fairness was a good one). I go to Orange County regularly, and have found precisely one sports bar there so far that's what I would call legit. I ran a race in Escondido a few years ago and drove all over trying to find a sports bar afterwards. I ran a race north of downtown Los Angeles last year and could only find a pathetic one in that area. Here in Denver, I've got 10 that are within a 15 minute drive.

Maybe I'm missing something. Maybe there's a different term for them that I don't know. But all I know is that it's hard for me to find a place to watch games when I'm there, and I'm not just hanging out in one area.

And I also observe that three NFL franchises have pulled out of the area over the years. That seems notable.

kyzirsoze lives in L.A. and goes to a Chiefs bar that looks amazing. Packed house, people doing the chop, the works. Might be farther north than you want but worth checking out if you can.

dlphg9
11-20-2018, 12:47 PM

Well.whatd you expect him to say? Obviously you've never heard a Mahomes press conference before, he keeps it professional and isn't the type who is going to be confrontational.

Even if that's what happened (it's not), the Chiefs players who were trying to pull Peters up didn't seem to think he was helping Mahomes out. Those 2 players are big dudes and you could tell Peters was trying to stay on top of Mahomes because they were having a hard time pulling him off. He's a little guy, they should have easily been able to pick him off.

So it looked to be malicious, those 2 Chiefs players seemed to think it was malicious, but that official standing right there watching the whole thing decides that it's fine?

Mecca
11-20-2018, 12:48 PM

Bingo, in no way shape or form should LA ever be that low in the NFL's eyes that is a top 2 market.

And for the other comment yea, KC got a bunch of calls in the SF game, had I been a SF fan I'd have been like yea... here we go.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-20-2018, 12:50 PM
Games are definitely steered a certain way. It's too obvious.

Fish
11-20-2018, 12:54 PM

:facepalm:JFC... Again... with NFL profit sharing, it doesn't matter. Which is why the most profitable teams currently have the shittiest record. If the NFL wanted to fix games to increase profit, they would fix games of the most profitable teams. But in fact it's the exact opposite. It doesn't support your dumb theory any way you spin it.

BlackOp
11-20-2018, 12:57 PM
1. Contrary to popular belief and to what he NFL wants you to think, there have been fixed games in league history. On page 308 of Dan Moldea's book "Interference" he lists over 70 NFL games that have been fixed and includes the names of the 2 referees involved in fixing those games. He also lists interviews with NFL HOF players most notably KC Chiefs QB Len Dawson. He, in detail with documented facts supported by FBI documents, has interviews with NFL players and known gambling associates to uncover massive game fixing in the league. He also notes, with evidence, throughout the book that no fewer than 26 NFL team owners have or have had continuous and developing relationships with the gambling world, most notably the Rooney, Bidwill, and Mara families all getting their starts as Bookmakers for established mid-west crime families and buying their NFL franchises with moneys earned from gambling. So that in and of itself is a hypocrisy number 1 on the NFL's "lilly white" reputation.

This is why the Steelers get the treatment they do...and KC misses 3 FGs in the playoffs.

dlphg9
11-20-2018, 12:58 PM
Ohh, and just an FYI.... the LA Rams were actually the 6th least profitable NFL team last year. Which is actually 7 slots lower than JAX. So this is just ****ing dumb on your part.

It would seem like if they could generate interest in football in LA that the profits would go up for everyone. What's the point of moving into one of the biggest markets possible if it barely makes any money? They aren't going to be happy if they have that big ass market with tons of potential money, but only get more money than 5 or 6 other teams. They want interest in the LA teams. If those teams are losers thaen no one will give a shit, but if they have a high powered team that's putting up 50+ points in a shoot out, profits will go up.

Mecca
11-20-2018, 12:58 PM
Dude that is not true at all, you don't think if LA is an elite level team there is way more money to be made than if I dunno Green Bay is good?

The NFL is probably having a spoogefest this year considering both LA teams, Boston, Pittsburgh, Chicago and Dallas are in the playoff races...

Pasta Little Brioni
11-20-2018, 01:00 PM
...and Houston

Fish
11-20-2018, 01:03 PM
Dude that is not true at all, you don't think if LA is an elite level team there is way more money to be made than if I dunno Green Bay is good?

The NFL is probably having a spoogefest this year considering both LA teams, Boston, Pittsburgh, Chicago and Dallas are in the playoff races...

LAR is the 26th most profitable team.
LAR is 19th in attendance.
LAR received lower TV ratings last year (https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2017/01/06/los-angeles-rams-nfl-tv-ratings-fox-cbs-st-louis-comparison/) in LA than they did in St. Louis, while having the second best record in the NFC.

So again, your argument just doesn't work...

Rain Man
11-20-2018, 01:03 PM
kyzirsoze lives in L.A. and goes to a Chiefs bar that looks amazing. Packed house, people doing the chop, the works. Might be farther north than you want but worth checking out if you can.

I'll check with him if I'm in the area. There have to be some good ones, and maybe I've just had bad luck. I'm usually in Orange County and I've found one there that's convenient (I'm not getting on the freeways if I can avoid it), but I'm just surprised that I can't find more. And the one that I've found is not large by any means.

Mecca
11-20-2018, 01:05 PM
LAR is the 26th most profitable team.
LAR is 19th in attendance.
LAR received lower TV ratings last year (https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2017/01/06/los-angeles-rams-nfl-tv-ratings-fox-cbs-st-louis-comparison/) in LA than they did in St. Louis, while having the second best record in the NFC.

So again, your argument is shit.

You are being so obtuse about this........

They want the LAR to be in the top 5 in every single one of those categories because it's LA and they are building a 5 billion dollar stadium...

So the Rams are being pushed to the motherfucking moon because there is money to be made there that is sitting on the table. The same as about 20 years ago there was all this money to be made in Boston yet they were a bottom feeder....

If you don't understand the point I am making to the point that you are going to throw up numbers that support the exact reason they are propping up that team to draw in dollars, then stop arguing with me because you're either dumb or being intentional about it.

Fish
11-20-2018, 01:14 PM
You are being so obtuse about this........

They want the LAR to be in the top 5 in every single one of those categories because it's LA and they are building a 5 billion dollar stadium...

So the Rams are being pushed to the motherfucking moon because there is money to be made there that is sitting on the table. The same as about 20 years ago there was all this money to be made in Boston yet they were a bottom feeder....

If you don't understand the point I am making to the point that you are going to throw up numbers that support the exact reason they are propping up that team to draw in dollars, then stop arguing with me because you're either dumb or being intentional about it.

Again, your theory is tragically flawed. The NFL has no reason to prop up specific teams for profit when there is a complex profit sharing system in place. There's dozens of other teams that disprove that. Not to mention that a specific team's win/loss record doesn't directly equate to profit. The numbers clearly disprove what you're alluding to.

DrunkBassGuitar
11-20-2018, 01:18 PM
I'm willing to buy the NFL isn't tipping the scales argument if the argument is gross incompetence on the part of the NFL, and their whole officiating organization

Mecca
11-20-2018, 01:19 PM
Again, your theory is tragically flawed. The NFL has no reason to prop up specific teams for profit when there is a complex profit sharing system in place. There's dozens of other teams that disprove that. Not to mention that a specific team's win/loss record doesn't directly equate to profit. The numbers clearly disprove what you're alluding to.

So you really think if everything is pushing at it's peak the KC market can make as much money for the NFL as KC can...if you think that you aren't smart.

There is more money and eyeballs in LA than here or really anywhere but NY. LA being in the top 5 of those categories is more profitable for the entire fucking league.

Hard concept to understand I guess.

BlackOp
11-20-2018, 01:20 PM

Are you really trying to sell the point that the NFL has no reason to prop up two new LA teams...when they have a 4 billion dollar complex being built in a 20 miilion person city that is notorious for being uninterested in NFL football?

Yeah, no motivation to assure this experiment succeeds...none at all.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-20-2018, 01:25 PM
Fish "didn't see" he stadium deal

Fish
11-20-2018, 01:25 PM
So you really think if everything is pushing at it's peak the KC market can make as much money for the NFL as KC can...if you think that you aren't smart.

It's irrelevant. With profit sharing it doesn't really matter. And the NFL certainly isn't going to risk running a huge conspiracy when they don't have to. They're rolling in profit. Fixing games isn't necessary. Profit sharing ensures that the get the same profit regardless of which team does better. That's the entire point of profit sharing!

There is more money and eyeballs in LA than here or really anywhere but NY. LA being in the top 5 of those categories is more profitable for the entire fucking league.

Hard concept to understand I guess.

I just showed you the numbers proving that to be incorrect. Comparing just the Chiefs and Rams, the Chiefs had higher NFL profits last year, better attendance numbers, and better TV ratings.

Mecca
11-20-2018, 01:26 PM
It's irrelevant. With profit sharing it doesn't really matter. And the NFL certainly isn't going to risk running a huge conspiracy when they don't have to. They're rolling in profit. Fixing games isn't necessary. Profit sharing ensures that the get the same profit regardless of which team does better. That's the entire point of profit sharing!

I just showed you the numbers proving that to be incorrect. Comparing just the Chiefs and Rams, the Chiefs had higher NFL profits last year, better attendance numbers, and better TV ratings.

You're showing me numbers of where they sit when they have an uninterested fan base...hence why they'd like them to be interested.

gold_and_red
11-20-2018, 01:30 PM
How come the NFL allowed Jacksonville to almost get to the SB? To prop up their move to London?

Fish
11-20-2018, 01:31 PM
Are you really trying to sell the point that the NFL has no reason to prop up two new LA teams...when they have a 4 billion dollar complex being built in a 20 miilion person city that is notorious for being uninterested in NFL football?

Yeah, no motivation to assure this experiment succeeds...none at all.

The NFL isn't the one investing money in the new stadium, dummy. Plus, the stadium isn't going to be used strictly for NFL games. The NFL profits regardless of where they play.

staylor26
11-20-2018, 01:35 PM
How come the NFL allowed Jacksonville to almost get to the SB? To prop up their move to London?

Apparently you missed the ref literally celebrating with the Pats after a score in the AFC championship game.

Nzoner
11-20-2018, 01:37 PM
Speaking of having an agenda does anyone find it odd whatsoever that both Carolina and Jacksonville broke the record their first season for wins by an expansion team and then both teams made the play-offs in their second season.

Just curious if that's odd whatsoever or just another NFL coincidence.

Nzoner
11-20-2018, 01:41 PM
what “evidence” do you have?

These are unpaid or low paid referees. If they were told by the NFL to throw a game or favor one team over another, you don’t think it would have leaked by now. Any ump would have a multi-million $ payday to expose the NFL rigging games. And the NFL would be over as a sport.

Damn dude really? Listen I appreciate the fact that some don't want to believe the NFL has any corruption but there are instances in this very thread that it's a possibility,(Otter's post,my video) do a little research.

If it doesn't sway you fine but at least take a look at what could be credible evidence.

HemiEd
11-20-2018, 01:48 PM
I think we had 10 penalties before the lambs got one

I don't know if they are out to get us but a false start is a false start that should negate a touchdown.

Their RT false started more than he didn't.

LOS ANGELES

RunKC
11-20-2018, 01:53 PM
Why would the NFL not want the Chiefs to be in the Super Bowl? Mahomes is a money making machine. He is literally must watch TV.

Putting Brady in the SB again will be boring. I can see the Steelers maybe because they have such a strong fanbase and some exciting players.

Do you really think that if the NFL is rigged, they wouldn’t want a historical game like last night as their finale?

I don’t think people realize how much fucking money Mahomes made these goddamn owners last night.

Mile High Mania
11-20-2018, 01:56 PM
Why would the NFL not want the Chiefs to be in the Super Bowl? Mahomes is a money making machine. He is literally must watch TV.

Putting Brady in the SB again will be boring. I can see the Steelers maybe because they have such a strong fanbase and some exciting players.

Do you really think that if the NFL is rigged, they wouldn’t want a historical game like last night as their finale?

I don’t think people realize how much ****ing money Mahomes made these goddamn owners last night.

This... want to win back fans and create better ratings? Last night's game is the way to go. All this whining about refs and conspiracy theories is crazy. I think it's a product of a decade plus of agony, quite honestly. Things are changing in KC and you now have the 'elite QB'. If you read the comments around here, no team is more consistently screwed by the NFL than KC... and KC never gets good calls. It's just not true. Bad calls are pretty evenly distibuted.

Nzoner
11-20-2018, 01:58 PM

I don’t think people realize how much ****ing money Mahomes made these goddamn owners last night.

The Chiefs now have a "golden boy" and I think a Super Bowl is definitely in his future.Last night was a regular season game and a feel good win for LA victims.

Hell whose to say KC only has these two losses by 3 points each and then gets revenge,if you will,in the postseason on both the Pats and Rams.

HemiEd
11-20-2018, 01:59 PM

:clap: when you include the much desired LA market, it was just too much of a Hollywood script. Very, very entertaining game though.

Mile High Mania
11-20-2018, 02:01 PM
https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/20/media/nfl-ratings-rams-chiefs/index.html

11.3 overnight rating for ESPN. That's the best overnight rating for "Monday Night Football" since 2014.

Monday night's ratings were up more than 57% from last year's week 11 match-up, which was between the Atlanta Falcons and the Seattle Seahawks.

Fish
11-20-2018, 02:02 PM
This... want to win back fans and create better ratings? Last night's game is the way to go. All this whining about refs and conspiracy theories is crazy. I think it's a product of a decade plus of agony, quite honestly. Things are changing in KC and you now have the 'elite QB'. If you read the comments around here, no team is more consistently screwed by the NFL than KC... and KC never gets good calls. It's just not true. Bad calls are pretty evenly distibuted.

It's battered fan syndrome. KC is the new cinderella. We have the most exciting QB in the league, who just put up 6 TDs in a crazy MNF game. Mahomes is the most discussed athlete in sports right now. We're 9-2, and pretty much a lock for the playoffs, but by reading some threads around here you'd never be able to tell...

Eleazar
11-20-2018, 02:03 PM

The officiating in general is medicore and inconsistent around the league. I think fans of any team will say that. But the whackjobs around here that think the NFL is conspiring every week to keep the poor Chiefs down... when we have an MVP type player and a circus offense that puts on shows like we saw last night and drives ratings... makes no sense, it's really nuts. It's embarrassing for the fan base and makes us look like a bunch of low football IQ yokels.

Mile High Mania
11-20-2018, 02:04 PM
It's battered fan syndrome. KC is the new cinderella. We have the most exciting QB in the league, who just put up 6 TDs in a crazy MNF game. Mahomes is the most discussed athlete in sports right now. We're 9-2, and pretty much a lock for the playoffs, but by reading some threads around here you'd never be able to tell...

KC is pretty much a lock for the #1 seed in the AFC and HFA...

HemiEd
11-20-2018, 02:06 PM

This game kind of reminded me of the Chiefs having to play the Giants at their place, for the first game after the 9/11 attacks.

But this game was very entertaining, that one wasn't.

Eleazar
11-20-2018, 02:07 PM
This game kind of reminded me of the Chiefs having to play the Giants at their place, for the first game after the 9/11 attacks.

Except that game was at Arrowhead.

HemiEd
11-20-2018, 02:14 PM
I watched the game, but not as intensely close as many of you, I'm sure. So, were there any calls that went in the favor of KC that should have either not been called or called differently?

I really just have a hard time believing that all the 'bad calls / non calls' were in LA's favor. Refs certainly have issues in every game, every week... but, if you just read the comments here on a weekly basis, there are 31 teams in the league that get favorable calls.

The Broncos pulled one out at the end Sunday against a LOS ANGELES team in spite of the horrendous calls at the end that would have given the game to LOS ANGELES. The bogus offensive pass interference and the 2 point conversion.

This game was full of those.

Hammock Parties
11-20-2018, 02:15 PM
The Rams right tackle was allowed to false start 13 times last night with no penalty.

There is definitely a conspiracy.

We will need Mahomes to be 10% better to defeat it.

DrunkBassGuitar
11-20-2018, 02:18 PM
A conspiracy at least implies that the NFL's officiating crew has a clue what they're doing.

If this was the best of the best the NFL has to offer, with no bias and no attempt to tip the scales, then holy shit the NFL should be ashamed and embarrassed.

Mile High Mania
11-20-2018, 02:19 PM
The Broncos pulled one out at the end Sunday against a LOS ANGELES team in spite of the horrendous calls at the end that would have given the game to LOS ANGELES. The bogus offensive pass interference and the 2 point conversion.

This game was full of those.

There were calls on both sides that were bad... they should have challenged the 2pt call, likely would have won it. Thankfully, Rivers did his thing at the end and had a mental meltdown when it mattered most. That final play by him still confuses the hell out of me, it was so quick and such a decisive throw to the ground behind the lineman as if it was designed.

Hmm... maybe. (wait a minute)

https://media.giphy.com/media/xTcf1gUpg87E5lNK2A/giphy.gif

Did the league just decide to prop Denver up for some unknown reason and there was a message delivered to Rivers to throw the game intentionally?

https://media.tenor.com/images/ba88966d3487714fd00619751a1ad0a0/tenor.gif

Frazod
11-20-2018, 02:28 PM
There were calls on both sides that were bad... they should have challenged the 2pt call, likely would have won it. Thankfully, Rivers did his thing at the end and had a mental meltdown when it mattered most. That final play by him still confuses the hell out of me, it was so quick and such a decisive throw to the ground behind the lineman as if it was designed.

Did the league just decide to prop Denver up for some unknown reason and there was a message delivered to Rivers to throw the game intentionally?

You sound just like the asshole Bronco fan in my office.

Of course nothing is ever rigged when you root for one of the most despicable cheating organizations in all of sports.

Rain Man
11-20-2018, 02:31 PM

After the first quarter, the refs backed off and called the game pretty evenly. We're just a little upset that there were (if I remember right) 11 penalties called against the Chiefs in the first quarter that directly produced 13 points for Los Angeles. I think nine of those were accepted. That just seems a little over the top, particularly when there were some obvious penalties by the Rams that were not called.

Fish
11-20-2018, 02:34 PM

The NFL expended so much effort on rigging up the Rams game that they forgot all about the other LA team they're supposed to be helping out...

displacedinMN
11-20-2018, 02:34 PM
Maybe refs today just suck.

Hammock Parties
11-20-2018, 02:39 PM
https://scontent.fmkc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/46524087_1963376687082588_439266354269257728_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent.fmkc1-1.fna&oh=afc6674295107bedde4f8b064118ffce&oe=5C7A1099

HemiEd
11-20-2018, 02:39 PM

:clap:

suzzer99
11-20-2018, 02:40 PM
I don't know man. It sure bugged me that a) bring in "all-star" refs, b) literally every single big call went against us for the first half - many of them ticky tack. The second half seemed a lot more equitable to me.

If there was some riggage it would seem to be to the effect of "The only thing we don't want is a Chiefs blowout." So once they got us playing from behind they backed off the ticky-tack penalties on every play.

Again, I really hope this isn't true. But man. The NFL knows they have first and foremost an entertainment product, they know LA fans are fickle and they DESPERATELY want to keep them engaged.

Didn't Tim Donaghy come out and say that refs Stern brought in for the Lakers/Kings game six were explicitly called in to rig the game? The refs called a foul on the Kings on almost every play, and almost everyone, even sober pundits, thinks that game was legitimately rigged. Donaghy said they didn't even have to communicate the riggage - as they refs knew what the league wanted when they brought them in for just that game. So the "all star" refs are really just "Goodell's boys" and they know they'll continue to be rewarded if they play ball (as the NBA guys were "Stern's boys" in Donaghy's terms).

Here's the story:

"Referees A, F and G were officiating a playoff series between Teams 5 and 6 in May of 2002. It was the sixth game of a seven-game series, and a Team 5 victory that night would have ended the series. However, Tim learned from Referee A that Referees A and F wanted to extend the series to seven games. Tim knew referees A and F to be 'company men,' always acting in the interest of the NBA, and that night, it was in the NBA's interest to add another game to the series. Referees A and F heavily favored Team 6. Personal fouls [resulting in obviously injured players] were ignored even when they occurred in full view of the referees. Conversely, the referees called made-up fouls on Team 5 in order to give additional free throw opportunities for Team 6. Their foul-calling also led to the ejection of two Team 5 players. The referees' favoring of Team 6 led to that team's victory that night, and Team 6 came back from behind to win that series."

Although no teams are specifically named, it is not hard to deduce the game in question. The Lakers-Kings series was the only one that postseason that went seven games, and the officiating in Game 6 was so questionable that consumer advocate and former presidential candidate Ralph Nader called for a formal investigation.

The Lakers attempted 40 free throws to the Kings' 25 in that game, and Los Angeles made 21 of 27 from the line while Sacramento converted 7 of 9 in the fourth quarter alone.

In addition, a foul was called against Mike Bibby of the Kings after he was shoved and elbowed by Kobe Bryant, denying the Kings an opportunity to try for a tying basket. Also in that game, Kings centers Vlade Divac and Scot Pollard fouled out, and Kings coach Rick Adelman was highly critical of the officiating afterward.

"My first thought [upon hearing Donaghy's allegation] was: I knew it," Pollard said Tuesday night. "I'm not going to say there was a conspiracy. I just think something wasn't right. It was unfair. We didn't have a chance to win that game."

Sure feels like that. Except not as blatant. They didn't need the Rams to win, just wanted to make sure we didn't jump out to a big lead and not blow them out.

Again - I sure hope this isn't really true.

But I also remember "holding Dave Szott" as like the worst sports-fandom play of my life, and start to wonder. Golden Boy Marino, Miami big market, still in Shula glow. No one's ever seen a replay of that hold.

ARROW2
11-20-2018, 02:49 PM
I don't know man. It sure bugged me that a) bring in "all-star" refs, b) literally every single big call went against us for the first half - many of them ticky tack. The second half seemed a lot more equitable to me.

If there was some riggage it would seem to be to the effect of "The only thing we don't want is a Chiefs blowout." So once they got us playing from behind they backed off the ticky-tack penalties on every play.

Again, I really hope this isn't true. But man. The NFL knows they have first and foremost an entertainment product, they know LA fans are fickle and they DESPERATELY want to keep them engaged.

Didn't Tim Donaghy come out and say that refs Stern brought in for the Lakers/Kings game six were explicitly called in to rig the game? The refs called a foul on the Kings on almost every play, and almost everyone, even sober pundits, thinks that game was legitimately rigged. Donaghy said they didn't even have to communicate the riggage - as they refs knew what the league wanted when they brought them in for just that game. So the "all star" refs are really just "Goodell's boys" and they know they'll continue to be rewarded if they play ball (as the NBA guys were "Stern's boys" in Donaghy's terms).

Sure feels like that. Except not as blatant. They didn't need the Rams to win, just wanted to make sure we didn't jump out to a big lead and not blow them out.

Again - I sure hope this isn't really true.

But I also remember "holding Dave Szott" as like the worst sports-fandom play of my life, and start to wonder. Golden Boy Marino, Miami big market, still in Shula glow. No one's ever seen a replay of that hold.

This.

HemiEd
11-20-2018, 02:52 PM
Except that game was at Arrowhead.

Dang it, memory again, you are right. I remember all the hoopla for the Giants mainly.

HemiEd
11-20-2018, 02:57 PM
The NFL expended so much effort on rigging up the Rams game that they forgot all about the other LA team they're supposed to be helping out...

They did help them out, you both totally missed the point as usual. They called offensive pass interference on the Broncos that was totally bullshit. should have been the nail, but it wasn't, the Broncos overcame it.

Do you even watch football?

Mile High Mania
11-20-2018, 03:12 PM
You sound just like the asshole Bronco fan in my office.

Of course nothing is ever rigged when you root for one of the most despicable cheating organizations in all of sports.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/8b5f9ae2d38e55483bf4cb1d01c281e6/tenor.gif?itemid=3467082

Mile High Mania
11-20-2018, 03:14 PM
They did help them out, you both totally missed the point as usual. They called offensive pass interference on the Broncos that was totally bullshit. should have been the nail, but it wasn't, the Broncos overcame it.

I knew what you were referring to... the receiver had his hand inside the defenders helmet, but it was DPI. They definitely overcame it, suprisingly.

Easy 6
11-20-2018, 03:18 PM
I'm gonna say yes, the league wanted LA to get this one

Egregiously ticky-tack defensive backfield calls against us
Multiple obvious false starts by their RT uncalled
Suh cheapshots Mahomes uncalled
Peters takes helmet off uncalled
Dee Ford gets a chokehold

Thats just a few off the top of my head, how could a supposed all star crew be that bad if not on purpose?

Randallflagg
11-20-2018, 03:18 PM

I'll say this - and it ISN'T a conspiracy. The NFL is allowing a 4.5 BILLION dollar stadium to be built in a market that is notorious for NOT supporting NFL teams.

Last night (in case you weren't watching) was called "Marketing 101" with the "Poor pity Kalifornia" routine in order to build up a fan base that will (hopefully) last through construction. In my opinion, there was little chance that the Chiefs were going to leave there winners. Play that game on a Neutral field or in KC and it's lights out.

It WAS, however, one of the finer games I have ever had the pleasure of watching and I was actually "tired" after the game. Lots of highs and lots of lows.

Here is the bottom line: We have one of the finest QBs in the league. That kid is the real deal and will be for years to come.

Randallflagg
11-20-2018, 03:20 PM

Thats just a few off the top of my head, how could a supposed all star crew be that bad if not on purpose?

And what was the point of that "All Star" crew? Beats the hell out of me. They were some of the worst I have seen this year. All that you mentioned above happened. No conspiracy there...almost like the NFL had the outcome of the game determined all along and the Chiefs (damn them LMAO) almost destroyed their "pity party" for Los Angeles..... ROFL

suzzer99
11-20-2018, 03:36 PM
I'll say this - and it ISN'T a conspiracy. The NFL is allowing a 4.5 BILLION dollar stadium to be built in a market that is notorious for NOT supporting NFL teams.

Last night (in case you weren't watching) was called "Marketing 101" with the "Poor pity Kalifornia" routine in order to build up a fan base that will (hopefully) last through construction. In my opinion, there was little chance that the Chiefs were going to leave there winners. Play that game on a Neutral field or in KC and it's lights out.

It WAS, however, one of the finer games I have ever had the pleasure of watching and I was actually "tired" after the game. Lots of highs and lots of lows.

Here is the bottom line: We have one of the finest QBs in the league. That kid is the real deal and will be for years to come.

I was emotionally and physically exhausted as well. Walking around in a daze trying to find the Metro stop. Imagine how the players must have felt?

suzzer99
11-20-2018, 03:40 PM

Right - so your argument is that riggage is unnecessary because of profit-sharing.

Could it be possible that the most-profitable teams - as well as the teams like LA with huge leverage for their media market and NFL's desperate desire for Lakers-level fandom to take hold - only go along with it on the basis that they know they're gonna get some help when it matters most?

I feel like if they NFL had their way a big-market team would win something like 4 out of 5 superbowls. Same is true for MLB and NBA. Now work backwards and ask, in an era of concern about declining ratings and stadium revenues, if they would actually take steps to try to make that happen.

Most people seem to think the NBA did, at least with the Patrick Ewing -> Knicks lottery miracle, if not the fixed Lakers/Kings game and who knows what else. Is it that far-fetched the NFL would try to put their thumb on the scale here and there to do the same thing?

Fish
11-20-2018, 03:40 PM

I watched the entire game. I saw the LA team, at home, lose the game to a lesser Donkey team. But yeah I supposed that's also part of the conspiracy...

Easy 6
11-20-2018, 03:41 PM
And what was the point of that "All Star" crew? Beats the hell out of me. They were some of the worst I have seen this year. All that you mentioned above happened. No conspiracy there...almost like the NFL had the outcome of the game determined all along and the Chiefs (damn them LMAO) almost destroyed their "pity party" for Los Angeles..... ROFL

The move didnt make any sense, it was unprecedented

I wanna see those Ram mother****ers again down in Atlanta...

suzzer99
11-20-2018, 03:45 PM
One thing I'm also curious about. Has anyone confirmed how these "all star" refs were selected? Is this solely up to the commissioner? Is there any transparency?

ptlyon
11-20-2018, 03:47 PM
One thing I'm also curious about. Has anyone confirmed how these "all star" refs were selected? Is this solely up to the commissioner? Is there any transparency?

"Hey, who wants a free trip to LA?"

Eleazar
11-20-2018, 03:49 PM
I watched the entire game. I saw the LA team, at home, lose the game to a lesser Donkey team. But yeah I supposed that's also part of the conspiracy...

That one was just to throw people off the scent. :tinfoil:

Imon Yourside
11-20-2018, 03:50 PM

The non block in the back on the punt return. Not only were they missing things right in front of them, they were also making up calls as they went along.

Beef Supreme
11-20-2018, 03:50 PM
Did the ref wink at Goff after fucking us over? You damn right.

https://www.12up.com/posts/6227051-video-ref-seems-to-wink-at-jared-goff-after-andy-reid-screamed-at-him

HemiEd
11-20-2018, 03:53 PM
I knew what you were referring to... the receiver had his hand inside the defenders helmet, but it was DPI. They definitely overcame it, suprisingly.

Yeah, and all of a sudden Keenum went from being a poor man's Alex Smith the entire game, to Joe Montana for a couple of plays.

I was like, what the heck just happened?:eek:

Fish
11-20-2018, 03:56 PM
Right - so your argument is that riggage is unnecessary because of profit-sharing.

Could it be possible that the most-profitable teams - as well as the teams like LA with huge leverage for their media market and NFL's desperate desire for Lakers-level fandom to take hold - only go along with it on the basis that they know they're gonna get some help when it matters most?

I feel like if they NFL had their way a big-market team would win something like 4 out of 5 superbowls. Now work backwards and ask, in an era of concern about declining ratings and stadium revenues, if they would actually take steps to try to make that happen.

So you think the teams are also in on the fix? Does that really make sense? Dallas has double the revenue of 21 other teams in the NFL. They're sitting at .500 and have sucked for years now. Are you saying teams like Dallas are knowingly donating their profit while getting no ref help so the NFL can give preferences to other teams? That seems reasonable? Nevermind that it ignores the impossibility of a huge conspiracy like that.

Easy 6
11-20-2018, 04:00 PM
The non block in the back on the punt return. Not only were they missing things right in front of them, they were also making up calls as they went along.

The holier than thou crowd wont get any traction with me

Supposed top shelf professionals dont make that many blatant mistakes

HemiEd
11-20-2018, 04:02 PM
I watched the entire game. I saw the LA team, at home, lose the game to a lesser Donkey team. But yeah I supposed that's also part of the conspiracy...You are denser than a concrete wall. Let me spell it out in small words for you.

Did you not see the calls at the end of game that favored the LA team? Bullshit calls?

I hate Denver as much as the next guy on here, but that was crazy. Keenun looked like crap and somehow found another gear to overcome it.

Some of you remind me of that spoiled 8 year old kid that doesn't want to believe it when he is told there is no Santa Claus or Easter bunny.

Reality sucks, but this is a multi billion dollar business with no accountability.

It is entertainment.

Fish
11-20-2018, 04:04 PM
Did the ref wink at Goff after fucking us over? You damn right.

https://www.12up.com/posts/6227051-video-ref-seems-to-wink-at-jared-goff-after-andy-reid-screamed-at-him

If you were secretly rigging a game, do you think you would drop a wink on live TV? That would also imply that Goff was in on it as well. Really?

loochy
11-20-2018, 04:05 PM
So you think the teams are also in on the fix? Does that really make sense? Dallas has double the revenue of 21 other teams in the NFL. They're sitting at .500 and have sucked for years now. Are you saying teams like Dallas are knowingly donating their profit while getting no ref help so the NFL can give preferences to other teams? That seems reasonable? Nevermind that it ignores the impossibility of a huge conspiracy like that.

1) The Cowboys are a marketing machine on their own, with or without winning.
2) Goodell and Jerry aren't exactly friendly and this may be part of it.
3) The Cowboys DO get ref help to some degree...do you watch their games? The games aren't totally fixed, just tilted. A team can be good enough to overcome (see Jax last year) or squander the opportunity (like the Rams almost did last night).
Posted via Mobile Device

loochy
11-20-2018, 04:06 PM
If you were secretly rigging a game, do you think you would drop a wink on live TV? That would also imply that Goff was in on it as well. Really?

Do you think they'd make blatant calls/no calls for the world to see? Really?
Posted via Mobile Device

Fish
11-20-2018, 04:11 PM
You are denser than a concrete wall. Let me spell it out in small words for you.

Did you not see the calls at the end of game that favored the LA team? Bullshit calls?

I hate Denver as much as the next guy on here, but that was crazy. Keenun looked like crap and somehow found another gear to overcome it.

Some of you remind me of that spoiled 8 year old kid that doesn't want to believe it when he is told there is no Santa Claus or Easter bunny.

Reality sucks, but this is a multi billion dollar business with no accountability.

It is entertainment.

I'm not sure what you were watching. The Chargers had twice as many penalties. Chargers had 14 penalties for 120yds. Donks had 7 for 43yds.

Keenum raising his performance isn't exactly an indication of a fixed game either.

EPodolak
11-20-2018, 04:15 PM
It's said about 75% of people are incompetent in their work.

It may be double that figure for referees. ;)

Imon Yourside
11-20-2018, 04:27 PM
It's said about 75% of people are incompetent in their work.

It may be double that figure for referees. ;)

Dumb on purpose is how it gets done.

13and3
11-20-2018, 04:45 PM
NFL officials have to sign a confidentiality agreement and are subject to gag orders if they talk publicly about their jobs.

In my experience, confidentiality agreements only exist to serve as a firewall to protect sensitive internal information and financial damage.

What could be so sensitive about fairly officiating a NFL game? It seems like a pretty extreme measure to take...unless there is obviously something they deem that would be financially "damaging" if it were public knowledge.

The writing in on the wall...if you choose to ignore it, it's your choice.

Also, by creating the stupid "all-star" crew...the NFL is inadvertently admitting that some refs aren't as good as others? It was a deliberate move to sway the game...then have a contingency to apologize and say they made a mistake and will stick with the original crews. It had a built in alibi from the conception...and nobody from that crew will be held accountable.
My question is is why did we all of a sudden need an all star crew for the game when it was moved to L.A.? In Mexico city all we need is the regulars?

BigRedChief
11-20-2018, 05:20 PM
In my opinion, there was little chance that the Chiefs were going to leave there winners. Scandrick catches that interception, we win.

stevieray
11-20-2018, 05:25 PM
No, but they damn sure don't so us any favors....and the subjective ticly tack calls sure seem to go against us... A LOT.

...anyone see the Rams HC and the Ref before the game? Looked like they were hooking up for beers afterwards.

The effeminate narrative for that game was set from the start. I told my wife there was no way KC was going to win, not after they told us twenty times all California had been through.

stevieray
11-20-2018, 05:27 PM
Scandrick catches that interception, we win.

....but he didn't.

Chief Roundup
11-20-2018, 05:28 PM
Hugo Cruz was fired for missing A, one, false start. The first Ref to be fired in season in the SB era.
When will we hear about a firing from the All-Star crew for missing a bakers dozen on MNF?

Imon Yourside
11-20-2018, 05:31 PM
Hugo Cruz was fired for missing A, one, false start. The first Ref to be fired in season in the SB era.
When will we hear about a firing from the All-Star crew for missing a bakers dozen on MNF?

Hugo decided to not play along and to have integrity therefore FIRED!

BigRedChief
11-20-2018, 05:34 PM
....but he didn't.he was saying little chance of a Chiefs victory. That was just an example that we had more than a little chance to win. Yes, our defense is suspect but our offense is one of the best ever. Mahomes has “it”. He will learn from this loss and get even better.