PDA

View Full Version : Football Who would you pick?

dlphg9
11-21-2018, 10:58 AM
So I'm watching Good Morning Football and they are discussing what QB under 30 they would pick to build a team around.

Peter Schrager obviously says Patrick Mahomes and Nate Burleson said he would take...

Wait for it....

Russel Wilson
For real?
Yep for real, Nate thinks Russel Wilson is the best QB under 30. He says Wilson would have better stats than Mahomes if he were in Mahomes position. So, I ask you Mahomes or Wilson? Maybe someone else?

KC Hawks
11-21-2018, 11:01 AM
I wonder who ChiefsPlanet is going to take...

IowaHawkeyeChief
11-21-2018, 11:03 AM
This poll is like a poll I saw the other day.

Would you rather eat shit or a pepperoni pizza?

In58men
11-21-2018, 11:04 AM
JFC

New World Order
11-21-2018, 11:06 AM
Mahomes is a ****ing phenom.

Never seen a qb this young this good.

Rain Man
11-21-2018, 11:08 AM
Meaning no offense against Russell Wilson, I suspect this poll will look exactly like the results of a Patrick Mahomes II versus Matt Cassel poll.

dlphg9
11-21-2018, 11:10 AM
Meaning no offense against Russell Wilson, I suspect this poll will look exactly like the results of a Patrick Mahomes II versus Matt Cassel poll.

Shit, meant to make poll public. I wanted to ridicule anyone who didn't take Mahomes.

Direckshun
11-21-2018, 11:14 AM
I’d take Rodgers over both of them.

Young QBs? Mahomes, and it’s not particularly close.

oldman
11-21-2018, 11:14 AM

This. Surely there are other under 30 QBs that would garner a vote or 2 other than Wilson.

dlphg9
11-21-2018, 11:20 AM

No way I'm building my team around a 35 year old QB.

dlphg9
11-21-2018, 11:20 AM
This. Surely there are other under 30 QBs that would garner a vote or 2 other than Wilson.

I know that. I'm just seeing if anyone at all agrees with Nate Burleson

Simply Red
11-21-2018, 11:22 AM
Mahomes is a ****ing phenom.

Never seen a qb this young this good.

Yip!

Simply Red
11-21-2018, 11:23 AM
just wait until Mahomes reaches his pinnacle.

Molitoth
11-21-2018, 11:33 AM
I wanted Wilson in the draft badly...
that said, I'm glad we have Mahomes now.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-21-2018, 11:35 AM

WADR, that’s asinine.

Mahomes looks like the 2nd coming of Rodgers and you’d rather have a 35 year old. What?

O.city

You can have him.

The Rodgers of 2011 is long gone. I think he's done.

srvy
One mans opinion. Who cares.

Imon Yourside
11-21-2018, 11:36 AM
The media hype had Watson as the golden boy a couple of weeks ago, they're just trying to find interesting topics and picking sides to get viewers.

loochy
11-21-2018, 11:36 AM

He's (relatively) old. Why would you do that?
Posted via Mobile Device

Imon Yourside
11-21-2018, 11:38 AM
He's (relatively) old. Why would you do that?
Posted via Mobile Device

He's pining to get a show and a cohost to argue with?

Graystoke
11-21-2018, 11:40 AM

Not sure if serious gif

ChiefBlueCFC
11-21-2018, 11:43 AM
I AM SHOCKED AT THE RESULTS OF THIS POLL!!! SHOCKED I TELL YOU!

https://media1.tenor.com/images/93db4e3543568bbd932a3a4000e332f0/tenor.gif?itemid=5296425

Rain Man
11-21-2018, 11:43 AM
The media hype had Watson as the golden boy a couple of weeks ago, they're just trying to find interesting topics and picking sides to get viewers.

They probably should pick better topics so viewers don't think they're stupid.

Can you imagine being the co-host, and the producer says, "We're going to debate the best quarterback under 30," and then hearing your co-host call dibs on Patrick Mahomes II? That's got to be depressing, because now you have to go out on television and make a fool of yourself by picking someone else.

Rasputin
11-21-2018, 11:47 AM

Fuck Rodgers winy ass . His pressers are getting mundane and full of passive aggressive comments.

Patrick would be kicking ass on about any team and he would make the Packers a form-ital foe this year but Rodgers has been a beat man all year.

DrunkBassGuitar
11-21-2018, 12:03 PM
lol @ the poll results

MahiMike
11-21-2018, 12:04 PM
I was gonna vote 'other' but Jesus doesn't play football.

Imon Yourside
11-21-2018, 12:14 PM

Can you imagine being the co-host, and the producer says, "We're going to debate the best quarterback under 30," and then hearing your co-host call dibs on Patrick Mahomes II? That's got to be depressing, because now you have to go out on television and make a fool of yourself by picking someone else.

Hey if they're paying well I can take whatever side needs taking, just have to get my lisp on and yell really loudly. You will like my point by the amount of decibels i'm shouting it at! Ya got that?!?!?!? thought so.

Imon Yourside
11-21-2018, 12:15 PM
lol @ the poll results

Wilsons mom has to be lurking somewhere...just hasn't clicked on the title because it's pretty vague.

dlphg9
11-21-2018, 12:20 PM

Yeah he missed out on Mahomes, but he decided to just go full retard and pick Wilson. He could have tried to argue Goff, Trubisky, or Watson. Actually when I think about it maybe Wilson was the smartest choice. At least he has 2 SB appearances and 1 win.

I'm really torn between what's the least stupid argument.

Wilson
- Past success
- Lack of supporting cast

Goff
- Young
- Clutch (multiple GWD and 4th qtr comebacks
- Close to the same amount of yards
- Successful team

Digging into the numbers a little more and I'd have to go with Goff over Wilson as the least stupid.

Imon Yourside
11-21-2018, 12:22 PM
Yeah he missed out on Mahomes, but he decided to just go full retard and pick Wilson. He could have tried to argue Goff, Trubisky, or Watson. Actually when I think about it maybe Wilson was the smartest choice. At least he has 2 SB appearances and 1 win.

I'm really torn between what's the least stupid argument.

Wilson
- Past success
- Lack of supporting cast

Goff
- Young
- Clutch (multiple GWD and 4th qtr comebacks
- Close to the same amount of yards
- Successful team

Digging into the numbers a little more and I'd have to go with Goff over Wilson as the least stupid.

I wish we had the legion of Boom instead of the legion of gloom.

ptlyon
11-21-2018, 12:25 PM
I was gonna vote 'other' but Jesus doesn't play football.

And if he did, I'd see him more of a linebacker type

Rain Man
11-21-2018, 12:25 PM
Patrick Mahomes II is still leading, but we have still have several precincts yet to report.

ptlyon
11-21-2018, 12:29 PM
Gotta watch out for that Damn Florida vote

Imon Yourside
11-21-2018, 12:31 PM
Gotta watch out for that Damn Florida vote

If Chad votes for anyone but Mahomes I'm hanging him. :)

ModSocks
11-21-2018, 12:37 PM
Dudes....at some point you have to get over this. Debate is a requirement for these shows to exist.

If everyone agrees "Pat Mahomes" all the ****ing time, about every goddamn thing, then what would be the point even having these discussions?

We get it. Mahomes is the greatest. Everyone knows this.

Burleson, off camera would probably rather have Mahomes.

But Jesus H. Christ guys, everyone in the media can't ride Mahomes cock every single time, even if they are Mahomes Cock riders.

They have to create content. It's their damn job. Everyone being in agreement about Mahomes all the time is not good content.

srvy
11-21-2018, 01:58 PM
Aron Rodgers own brother wouldnt pick him it appears :D

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">PLEASE DONATE, SPREAD AWARENESS &amp; SEND LOVE. <br><br>But when your own Mom is home alone during the fires, car packed ready to evacuate, &amp; you miss the fundamental first step of compassion; calling your parents to make sure they are safe....<br><br>Everything else just feels like an act. <a href="https://t.co/glzDfqwsKz">https://t.co/glzDfqwsKz</a></p>&mdash; Jordan Rodgers (@JRodgers11) <a href="https://twitter.com/JRodgers11/status/1065302831656329217?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 21, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ModSocks
11-21-2018, 02:01 PM
Aron Rodgers own brother wouldnt pick him it appears :D

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">PLEASE DONATE, SPREAD AWARENESS &amp; SEND LOVE. <br><br>But when your own Mom is home alone during the fires, car packed ready to evacuate, &amp; you miss the fundamental first step of compassion; calling your parents to make sure they are safe....<br><br>Everything else just feels like an act. <a href="https://t.co/glzDfqwsKz">https://t.co/glzDfqwsKz</a></p>&mdash; Jordan Rodgers (@JRodgers11) <a href="https://twitter.com/JRodgers11/status/1065302831656329217?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 21, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Daaaaaaaaang

Dude got put on blast. By his own family. Fuck. Brutal.

dlphg9
11-21-2018, 02:03 PM
Dudes....at some point you have to get over this. Debate is a requirement for these shows to exist.

If everyone agrees "Pat Mahomes" all the ****ing time, about every goddamn thing, then what would be the point even having these discussions?

We get it. Mahomes is the greatest. Everyone knows this.

Burleson, off camera would probably rather have Mahomes.

But Jesus H. Christ guys, everyone in the media can't ride Mahomes cock every single time, even if they are Mahomes Cock riders.

They have to create content. It's their damn job. Everyone being in agreement about Mahomes all the time is not good content.

Ummm get worked up much? I don't think anyone is bitching. Obviously everyone can't always pick Mahomes. No shit. I didn't think I made this seem like I was pissed about it.

kysirsoze
11-21-2018, 02:04 PM

What a baffling post. Do you mean when he was Mahomes' age or something?

ModSocks
11-21-2018, 02:06 PM
Ummm get worked up much? I don't think anyone is bitching. Obviously everyone can't always pick Mahomes. No shit. I didn't think I made this seem like I was pissed about it.

"Worked up"? LMAO

I don't know how i do it, but it's amazing how i'm able to bring emotion out of people with out writing emotional posts or even having the intent of inciting emotion.

I'm like....awesome, you know?

JakeF
11-21-2018, 02:09 PM
Once Mahomes gets his footwork under control and makes sure he protects the ball in the pocket better, he's money. I'm not sure i've ever seen a better QB under 25.

ModSocks
11-21-2018, 02:10 PM
Once Mahomes gets his footwork under control and makes sure he protects the ball in the pocket better, he's money. I'm not sure i've ever seen a better QB under 25.

Pffff. Footwork. **** footwork. Have you not learned? Footwork is for QB's with lesser talent.

I'm not sure i've ever seen a better QB PERIOD. Not from a pure talent perspective at least.

jimidollar
11-21-2018, 02:12 PM
This poll is like Saddam Husseins election.

Bump
11-21-2018, 02:13 PM
there's no other player in the NFL more valuable right now than Mahomes and I wouldn't trade him for anybody.

JakeF
11-21-2018, 02:16 PM
Pffff. Footwork. **** footwork. Have you not learned? Footwork is for QB's with lesser talent.

I'm not sure i've ever seen a better QB PERIOD. Not from a pure talent perspective at least.
His pick-6 against the Rams was because of poor footwork. Most of his high throws are because of poor footwork. I think almost every bad throw he makes is because of footwork. Reid will have to convince Mahome's ego that he needs to focus on his footwork.

He's awesome but everyone has to work on something. Mahomes doesn't think he needs footwork at all.

tk13
11-21-2018, 02:20 PM
Too bad Hootie's not here, because the other correct answer to this question might very well be Andrew Luck.

ModSocks
11-21-2018, 02:22 PM
His pick-6 against the Rams was because of poor footwork. Most of his high throws are because of poor footwork. I think almost every bad throw he makes is because of footwork. Reid will have to convince Mahome's ego that he needs to focus on his footwork.

He's awesome but everyone has to work on something. Mahomes doesn't think he needs footwork at all.

He doesn't.

That throw wasn't because of poor footwork. It was because it was a lazy throw. I know what the announcers said at the time, and you're just regurgitating it. They were wrong.

His overthrows are not because of poor footwork either. If you think "almost every bad throw he makes is because of footwork", then you're not even trying. A lot of his overthrown deep balls came from clean pockets with clean footwork.

His natural accuracy is great but not perfect.

His finest passes, his highlight reel throws that were wildly accurate and shot out of a cannon also came from what most traditionalists would call "Absolutely horrible footwork".

Stop worrying about footwork. He has things to work on. Footwork isn't one of them.

dlphg9
11-21-2018, 02:25 PM

I don't think it's an ego thing. I think it's because he's probably dominated his whole life, so I'm sure no one has cared what his footwork was like. It's really hard to stop doing something you've always done. He will get better and that's scary for other teams.

crayzkirk
11-21-2018, 02:53 PM
You don't mess with natural ability; if it's something he has to think about, it will affect his performance. Try running and then think about what your arms, hands, legs and feet are doing. Try throwing a football at the same time.

Mahomes all the way.

New World Order
11-21-2018, 03:07 PM
I don't think it's an ego thing. I think it's because he's probably dominated his whole life, so I'm sure no one has cared what his footwork was like. It's really hard to stop doing something you've always done. He will get better and that's scary for other teams.

He's still dominating

dlphg9
11-21-2018, 04:39 PM
He's still dominating

I didn't say otherwise

ThaVirus
11-21-2018, 04:47 PM
You can have him.

The Rodgers of 2011 is long gone. I think he's done.

He's got like 20 TDs and only 1 INTs.

He's not 2011 Rodgers, who may have been the best QB of all time, but 'done' is an overstatement.

ThaVirus
11-21-2018, 04:48 PM
Wilson is good, by the way.

He'd probably get lumped in my 1st tier of QBs under 30 along with Mahomes and Luck.