PDA

View Full Version : Football Jared Goff on Mahomes: "Toughest guy in the NFL to defend, including Brees"

BandwagonChiefsFan
11-22-2018, 11:22 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000990563/article/rams-jared-goff-bests-chiefs-patrick-mahomes-in-epic-duel

For what it's worth, you can count Goff among the growing legion of Mahomes fans.

"He's incredible," Goff said. "He's the toughest guy in the NFL to defend right now, including Drew (Brees)."

He'll get no argument from Peters, who got a glimpse of Mahomes' potential last year while playing against him in practice.

Did Peters know how ridiculously good the young quarterback was a year ago?

"F--- yeah," Peters said. "It's crazy. He used to throw insane passes in practice without even looking. He's gonna be special. Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton (Manning) -- you name it, he's gonna up there ... right along with Jared Goff."

88TG88
11-22-2018, 11:23 AM
Tru

Deberg_1990
11-22-2018, 11:25 AM
I was impressed with Goff too. Dude looks like a skinny, wimpy surfer boy, but he took some good licks from the Chiefs and kept on chuckin it. Hes very good.

Coochie liquor
11-22-2018, 11:57 AM
Once all the dinosaurs retire, the league is still set up with a good core of qb talent. Ours is just the best of the bunch!

Molitoth
11-22-2018, 12:06 PM
I hadn't seen Goff play outside of some highlights.

I came out of that game impressed. The Rams seem to be setup with a good QB for a long time.

Rasputin
11-22-2018, 12:24 PM
I'd take Goff over Drew Brees too but not over Patrick Mahomes II

I think Mahomes and Goff are the best two quarterbacks in the league right now. Brees has the better defense and same coach for a long time that they are on the same page. Brees may have a few years left but his time is winding down and his records are going be up for grabs by Sir Patrick Mahomes II

Patrick is going have 500 touchdowns in the least amount of seasons in the 500 club.

dlphg9
11-22-2018, 12:25 PM

I came out of that game impressed. The Rams seem to be setup with a good QB for a long time.

I was extremely impressed. I thought he was just over hyped, but the guy is clutch. He made some damn good throws when they needed them.

Rasputin
11-22-2018, 12:33 PM
I was extremely impressed. I thought he was just over hyped, but the guy is clutch. He made some damn good throws when they needed them.

I think Gurley is over rated but Goff impressed me. I thought Goff was living off of Gurley but that wasn't the case at all.

Best22
11-22-2018, 12:36 PM
“Gurley IS THE RAMS!”

Gurley proceeds to do nothing and Goff scores 40 points.

I never understood the Gurley MVP push, it’s like they’re being contrarian because it’s the “MVP, NOT THE MVQB!”

Sorry, QB is more valuable these days unless a RB drags a bad team to the playoffs like AP in 2012.

Goff was exactly who I thought he was. He was lucky but you can’t give him a second chance

Pitt Gorilla
11-22-2018, 12:37 PM
Goff missed a lot of open throws. He kept the Chiefs defense in the game.

Best22
11-22-2018, 12:38 PM
Goff missed a lot of open throws. He kept the Chiefs defense in the game.

Not everyone can be as perfect as Mahomes...

penguinz
11-22-2018, 12:42 PM
I think Gurley is over rated but Goff impressed me. I thought Goff was living off of Gurley but that wasn't the case at all.They didn’t use Gurley so how can you say he is overrated by watching that game?

Rasputin
11-22-2018, 12:44 PM
See this is a good example of what's best in the great debate play rookie quarterback or sit them for a year.

Well as it turns out the player who works hard at his craft is going succeed either way. If you take your lumps you can learn from them if you sit on the bench you can learn from going in the off season knowing what expectations are. Jeff Fisher would have ruined Goff career had he stayed as head coach but Goff has really taken it in stride with Sean McVay. If anything Sean McVay should take a lot of credit for Goff success as he has elevated his game.

I think Patrick Mahomes II would have done just fine as a rookie and I believe without a doubt we would have beat the Titans in the playoffs. He is still learning and with experience those shootouts will be in end in our favor.

Rasputin
11-22-2018, 12:46 PM
They didn’t use Gurley so how can you say he is overrated by watching that game?

I thought he was over rated going into the game. Kareem Hunt is the real deal.

Three7s
11-22-2018, 12:47 PM
I think Gurley is over rated but Goff impressed me. I thought Goff was living off of Gurley but that wasn't the case at all.
Agreed, I thought Goff was a product of McVay's system and that Gurley really took the pressure off him. I was completely dead wrong in that. The guy is up there with the top QBs in the league, including Mahomes, obviously.

Bob Dole
11-22-2018, 12:54 PM

That one to Scandrick was beautiful.

MahiMike
11-22-2018, 01:03 PM

Was thinking the same. Very even keel. Like a golfer. Always thought Wentz was the better pick. Now I'm thinking it was a toss up.

srvy
11-22-2018, 01:07 PM
That one to Scandrick was beautiful.

:D

ThaVirus
11-22-2018, 01:15 PM
“Gurley IS THE RAMS!”

Gurley proceeds to do nothing and Goff scores 40 points.

I never understood the Gurley MVP push, it’s like they’re being contrarian because it’s the “MVP, NOT THE MVQB!”

Sorry, QB is more valuable these days unless a RB drags a bad team to the playoffs like AP in 2012.

Goff was exactly who I thought he was. He was lucky but you can’t give him a second chance

Gurley was on pace to shatter the single season TD record just a few weeks ago. His MVP hype was justified.

Basileus777
11-22-2018, 01:37 PM
Gurley was on pace to shatter the single season TD record just a few weeks ago. His MVP hype was justified.
He was never on pace to shatter it. Even a few weeks ago he was behind the pace to break it. Tomlinson's record was never really in reach, it would have required Gurley's 2nd half to produce even more TDs than his unsustainable first half of the season. His MVP hype was justified in the moment, but it was clear that he wasn't going to be able to keep pace and wasn't going to win the award.

32 TDs for a RB is just not happening in today's league. Gurley is 15 TDs behind that with 5 games to go, he'll probably only get like 20-22 TDs.

ThaVirus
11-22-2018, 02:01 PM
He was never on pace to shatter it. Even a few weeks ago he was behind the pace to break it. Tomlinson's record was never really in reach, it would have required Gurley's 2nd half to produce even more TDs than his unsustainable first half of the season. His MVP hype was justified in the moment, but it was clear that he wasn't going to be able to keep pace and wasn't going to win the award.

32 TDs for a RB is just not happening in today's league. Gurley is 15 TDs behind that with 5 games to go, he'll probably only get like 20-22 TDs.

Hmm, I had to double check. It seems he was on pace to tie the TD record after he scored 14 TDs in 7 games a few weeks ago. He's slowed down since then.

Still justifiable MVP hype at the time.

ottawa_chiefs_fan
11-22-2018, 02:14 PM
I believe without a doubt we would have beat the Titans in the playoffs.

we would have crushed them - they would have been like the steelers in game 1 - just in shock - and no way they could come back...

threebag
11-22-2018, 02:25 PM
Once all the dinosaurs retire, the league is still set up with a good core of qb talent. Ours is just the best of the bunch!

Hope we can protect him and find health line for him to play behind

NJChiefsFan
11-22-2018, 02:27 PM

I think Mahomes and Goff are the best two quarterbacks in the league right now. Brees has the better defense and same coach for a long time that they are on the same page. Brees may have a few years left but his time is winding down and his records are going be up for grabs by Sir Patrick Mahomes II

Patrick is going have 500 touchdowns in the least amount of seasons in the 500 club.

Right now or long-term? Cause right now I think Brees is playing better or equal to anyone. I'd take him over Goff right now if we are talking this season.

EPodolak
11-22-2018, 02:55 PM
I've only seen Goff in a couple of primetime games this year, he has his share of moments. As long as his line doesn't let him down he'll keep that team competitive.

big nasty kcnut
11-22-2018, 03:11 PM
Goff is good but he makes more mistakes then patrick. I telll you if rams defense wasn't that good people would see goff wasn't going to beat us.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-22-2018, 03:16 PM
Aaron Rodgers on Patrick Mahomes Thursday: "I don't want to disrespect him with this, but I see a lot of my young self in him. He rolls around, runs around, makes plays. He has a big arm. He's talented. Plays with a great swagger. He's fun to watch."

https://twitter.com/zachkruse2/status/1065633964113739776?s=21

R8RFAN
11-22-2018, 03:49 PM
Mahomes turned it over alot in that game but he is a helluva QB... That was one of the best games I ever saw , take one of those turnovers away and Chiefs would have won...

I seriously think you guys can win it all this year. Helluva effort

Happy Thanksgiving all

Skyy God
11-22-2018, 04:23 PM
I was impressed with Goff too. Dude looks like a skinny, wimpy surfer boy, but he took some good licks from the Chiefs and kept on chuckin it. Hes very good.

You love everyone else’s QBs.

It’s cute, really.

ROYC75
11-22-2018, 07:26 PM
Mahomes turned it over alot in that game but he is a helluva QB... That was one of the best games I ever saw , take one of those turnovers away and Chiefs would have won...

I seriously think you guys can win it all this year. Helluva effort

Happy Thanksgiving all

My concern is the New Orleans Saints, they are good on both sides of the ball.

Best22
11-22-2018, 07:54 PM
My concern is the New Orleans Saints, they are good on both sides of the ball.

I’d be very thankful to play a stacked Saints team

Marcellus
11-22-2018, 07:58 PM
I’d be very thankful to play a stacked Saints team

No shit, cause it would be in the SB!!!!!

Jerok
11-22-2018, 07:59 PM
No shit, cause it would be in the SB!!!!!

No wai!

Chiefshrink
11-22-2018, 11:17 PM
I'd take Goff over Drew Brees.

I wouldn't. Brees accuracy is just amazing and is better than both Goff and Mahomes IMHO and that is not a knock on either Goff or Mahomes. But you can see that Brees is truly in the 'zone' when it comes to accuracy and making the correct reads. Goff said he still struggles with taking his strides to deep on his drops in the pocket which cause him to dirt some balls and we saw that a couple of times Mon night. Mahomes is still learning not to overthrow especially on the med to deep routes.

jaa1025
11-23-2018, 12:22 AM
I was actually disappointed watching Goff. He absolutely crumbles against pressure or when he has to play off script. He's playing with the best line and some of the best talent on offense and most of the time, he's got plenty of time and a very good scheme. I now understand why people say he's a system QB.

HemiEd
11-23-2018, 02:34 AM
They didn’t use Gurley so how can you say he is overrated by watching that game?

Yeah, I have seen games where he dominated. The Chiefs D was set up to stop him I guess.

petegz28
11-23-2018, 07:01 AM
Yeah, I have seen games where he dominated. The Chiefs D was set up to stop him I guess.

They said he was battling a bit of an ankle injury

BigRedChief
11-23-2018, 07:49 AM
Yeah, I have seen games where he dominated. The Chiefs D was set up to stop him I guess.His ankle got rolled up on early in the game. It was that play the Chiefs player pushed him out of bounds and then fell on his ankle and legs. He was mainly used as a decoy after that. He is the real deal. He'd kill our D in a rematch unless a healthy Barry is in there helping with the run.

Hydrae
11-23-2018, 08:06 AM
I was actually disappointed watching Goff. He absolutely crumbles against pressure or when he has to play off script. He's playing with the best line and some of the best talent on offense and most of the time, he's got plenty of time and a very good scheme. I now understand why people say he's a system QB.

I agree with this. Goff missed a number of passes the other night and seemed to lack a little bit in his accuracy. I saw a "good" QB, not a "great" QB in that game.

Best22
11-23-2018, 08:57 AM
I agree with this. Goff missed a number of passes the other night and seemed to lack a little bit in his accuracy. I saw a "good" QB, not a "great" QB in that game.

“Good” is pretty amazing for a 3rd year starter

Mahomes is just having a ridiculous season

Buckweath
11-23-2018, 09:53 AM
Goff is very good and will be very good. McVay's system obviously help him but I believe he is very good regardless of that system.

I believe he needs a strong OL though, not Mahomes.

bowener
11-23-2018, 10:49 AM

I'm not necessarily asking you specifically, but looking ahead about 5 years or so I am intrigued by the future of the NFL. I hope Goff stays as good as he has been this year, and Wentz returns to form so that we get to see those two duke it out in the NFC for years to come. Maybe Trubisky sneaks in there with them.

Just sticking with current NFL QBs, who will be Mahomes' career challenger in a similar vein to Brady and Manning? I want the Browns to succeed, but I don't think Mayfield will ever be elite. Maybe it is Andrew Luck? But he is currently 29 with a serious injury history. I must admit I do find it pleasing to imagine bouncing the Colts from the AFCCG every year. Deshaun Watson? If he can stay healthy and doesn't fall off as he ages and slows down I could see him being a challenger.

R8RFAN
11-23-2018, 11:53 AM
“Good” is pretty amazing for a 3rd year starter

Mahomes is just having a ridiculous season

Mahomes is gonna do nothing but get better too..

Hate you guys got such a good QB but I will give credit where it's due..... The kid is legit