PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Hypothetical Part 3: Equivalent value for Patrick Mahomes II.

Rain Man
11-24-2018, 02:25 PM
Hypothetical Part 3: Equivalent value for Patrick Mahomes II.

This is the third poll in a six-part series.

Okay, we're not trading our franchise quarterback. Let's make that clear.

But if other teams were making us good-faith trade offers, what would be a fair offer? I've done the following to make some estimated trade packages, using the following algorithms.

I went to the NFL Network Top 100 players of last year. Recognizing that it includes some old declining players and at least one player who can't walk very well, and recognizing that Patrick Mahomes II is a young franchise quarterback, I'm assuming that Patrick Mahomes II is worth more than any player on the list, and generally worth much more.

If a team had three players on the list, I packaged those three players into an offer.

If a team had two players on the list, I added their 1st round pick from 2018.

If a team had one or zero players on the list, I packaged future 1st round picks so that the Chiefs would get three players in total.

If a team had more than three players on the list, I put together packages that added players in different scenarios until all of their top 100 players were included in a package.

By doing this, I came up with 60 total trade offers. I'll put them up in groups of 10, and your job is to assess whether or not it would be an equal or greater value than our own Patrick Mahomes II.

Important rule: Don't consider this poll as indicating that you would ACCEPT such a trade offer. Because trading Patrick Mahomes II would be insane. Just tell us whether you think those players would add equivalent value to the franchise.

Here's your third set of ten scenarios. The Jaguars and the Rams are upping their offer by throwing in Leonard Fournette and Aqib Talib on top of their previous offers.

Sofa King
11-24-2018, 02:27 PM
Hard to vote without a poll!

Sofa King
Where's the poll?

Sofa King
Seriously, i don't see one.

Sofa King
11-24-2018, 02:28 PM
OK, now I'm getting angry.

pugsnotdrugs19
Inb4poll

St. Patty's Fire
Seriously, i don't see one.

Please have some patience. Rain Man is very nice. Thank u.

Rain Man
11-24-2018, 02:29 PM
OK, now I'm getting angry.

I hadn't preheated the poll oven, so it took a little longer than I expected.

New World Order
11-24-2018, 02:31 PM
Before I see the poll it would have to be something like Russell Wilson + Bobby Wager + 2020 1st rounder

But even then I wouldn't do it

Rain Man
11-24-2018, 02:33 PM
I considered the Rams' initial offer, but couldn't vote for it. Throwing in Talib doesn't add much to the offer since I don't like Talib and he's old.

The Texans are putting up a legit offer, though, and they're the first one I've voted for. I wouldn't take the trade because we have Patrick Mahomes II, but that one makes me think.

The Steelers are throwing some big names out there, but Rapist is old and Bell is a locker room cancer. No thanks.

CasselGotPeedOn
11-24-2018, 02:33 PM
On the Jags one, throw in Bortles and we've got a deal.

Best22
11-24-2018, 02:36 PM
Texans? Wow

I swear people just don’t realize how awesome Pat is.

Deshaun is amazing but he’s no Mahomes.

dlphg9
11-24-2018, 02:40 PM
Texans? Wow

I swear people just don’t realize how awesome Pat is.

Deshaun is amazing but he’s no Mahomes.

I'd take Goff over Watson any day of the week

New World Order
11-24-2018, 02:43 PM
On the Jags one, throw in Bortles and we've got a deal.

LMAO

CoMoChief
11-24-2018, 02:51 PM
I would only consider the Rams offer, but it'd have to include a 1st rd pick too.

Randallflagg
11-24-2018, 03:11 PM
You are going to have to try a little harder for your "equivalency"....

Pat Mahomes is a god.......the sooner you get that through your head, the sooner you WILL realize that there is no "equivalent" available.....except maybe, just MAYBE Zeus....but even HE is a stretch.

ROFL

Best22
11-24-2018, 03:15 PM
You are going to have to try a little harder for your "equivalency"....

Pat Mahomes is a god.......the sooner you get that through your head, the sooner you WILL realize that there is no "equivalent" available.....except maybe, just MAYBE Zeus....but even HE is a stretch.

ROFL

:clap:

JakeF
11-24-2018, 04:06 PM
You would have to be receiving a proven QB back in return. There just isn't anything worth a proven QB other than another proven QB. The only question is, what is the value difference between the 2 QBs involved and what else are you offering?

BossChief
11-24-2018, 04:19 PM
I’d have to get the Rams deal and the Bucs deal to be worth it.

Or the Rams deal along with a first and second.

Easy 6
11-24-2018, 05:43 PM
no
No
NO
NO

Nirvana58
11-24-2018, 10:09 PM
The Rams offer wins you a Super Bowl. Donald with Talib to help fix the defense. (Ford, Houston, Donald, Jones, and Bailey :eek:) Then Hunt and Gurley as a 1,2 punch. Jesus, Goff would never even have to throw.

Not saying I would make the trade. But Chiefs would more than likely go 16-0 with that team.

The Franchise
11-24-2018, 10:58 PM
Rams and Colts together

Buehler445
11-24-2018, 10:59 PM
Standard answer: As a long suffering chief fan, it is unconscionable.