PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs This was ruled a first down....

BlackOp
11-30-2018, 01:32 AM
in a crucial 4th quarter/3rd down conversion situation tonight...

https://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm264/defiant68/rig%20copy_zpshk6d6sxk.jpg

Kind of strange how these things always favor whichever team the NFL is pushing...like calling 9 penalties in the 1st quarter but missing two on the same play that results in a TD.

LA is back in the drivers seat for HFA...

I dont really give a shit about the NFC...just watching how the NFL sets up the Rams.....like they did for the 2015 Donks.

L.A. Chieffan
11-30-2018, 01:37 AM
Brees must've intentionally thrown a pick to help out the NFL.

I guess Dak didn't get the memo when he fumbled

Bugeater
Why wasn't it reviewed?

Hammock Parties
LA vs KC in the SB.

Refs try to fuck us hardcore again.

Mahomes grabs their dick and rips it in half.

BlackOp
11-30-2018, 01:39 AM
Brees must've intentionally thrown a pick to help out the NFL.

I guess Dak didn't get the memo when he fumbled

Those are plays that the refs cant manipulate without looking overt...you cant just erase an obvious INT unless you invent a penalty...and the NFL saves those special calls exclusively for the Chiefs. :)

Best22
11-30-2018, 01:40 AM
Then why did the refs make an iffy call on the Randy Gregory infraction?

Or the hold on Dallas before the strip sack?

The refs were garbage on both sides

BlackOp
11-30-2018, 01:40 AM
Why wasn't it reviewed?

NO burnt their others...

BlackOp
11-30-2018, 01:41 AM

I agree...but this was on the final drive.

Bump
11-30-2018, 01:46 AM
refs are trash this year

NJChiefsFan
11-30-2018, 05:10 AM

No no no. Pick and choose. Make predictions about future rigging as well and when wrong ignore or change narrative. Amount of penalties is argument when it fits, otherwise it's the timing.

If saints won it would have been about Brees getting treatment. Since cowboys won it's about them or the Rams.

Ignore the fact that the ref didn't have this beautiful picture. In real time that knee was not so obvious. Cowboys fans were probably screaming from the mountains about a fix because of the Gregory penalty. But we'll brush it aside as not being at a certain part of the game.

Wanna bet the thread is about the Gregory penalty if the saints had won.

LoneWolf
11-30-2018, 05:28 AM

No it wasn’t. It was on the same drive that Dak fumbled. You know the drive where the refs missed a blatant face mask penalty that would have helped the Cowboys.

If they were truly trying to help the Cowboys, all they would have had to do was throw a flag for defensive holding on the strip sack play. It would have negated the fumble recovery and basically handed Dallas the win.

HemiEd
11-30-2018, 06:11 AM

refs are trash this year

This is the conclusion I have come to. The game and it's rules has surpassed their abilities.

Red Dawg
11-30-2018, 06:37 AM
Cowboys won't lose another game.

-King-
11-30-2018, 07:11 AM
Penalties:
Saints: 5 for 48 yards
Cowboys: 8 for 80 yards

Yeah those refs were totally rigging the game for the cowboys
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
11-30-2018, 07:13 AM

You're really bad at this.
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious
11-30-2018, 07:14 AM
Normally I can buy into it to an extent, but I didn’t see anything but incompetence last night.

I will make a substantial amount of money if NO goes to the SB, too.

Iczer
11-30-2018, 07:14 AM
I almost felt bad for NO and Dallas, but then I remembered the Rams game.

Refs were terrible last night. NO was gifted a TD with a blatant push off, along with many many missed calls and many many bad calls in general.

Gotta wonder what the NFL will do, this is getting out of hand.

Hoover
11-30-2018, 07:15 AM
Saints couldn’t review any because they used their challenges in the first half and got the first one wrong I believe

-King-
11-30-2018, 07:15 AM
The 2015 Broncos were 19th in penalties. Yeah the NFL really set them up to win!
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRedChief
11-30-2018, 07:18 AM
Put a chip in the ball and be done with these issues for crissakes.

wheeler08
11-30-2018, 07:22 AM
Guys that was their best, most experienced crew! Says that guy that used to be an official that now works for tv. Can’t remeber his name

BigRedChief
11-30-2018, 07:43 AM
Guys that was their best, most experienced crew! Says that guy that used to be an official that now works for tv. Can’t remeber his name120 years of experience!:)

KChiefs1
11-30-2018, 07:52 AM
The Refs are pure shit.

Simply Red
11-30-2018, 07:54 AM
Glad the fucking Saints lost.

Simply Red
11-30-2018, 07:55 AM
So I guess what I'm saying is - I don't give a fuck.

LoneWolf
11-30-2018, 08:34 AM

How does putting a chip in the ball tell you where the ball was when the player's knee is down?

Grim
11-30-2018, 08:38 AM
How does putting a chip in the ball tell you where the ball was when the player's knee is down?

put chips in their knees

-King-
11-30-2018, 09:01 AM

LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

IowaHawkeyeChief
11-30-2018, 09:02 AM

That wouldn't have helped. The ball crossed the line to gain, but his knee was down before he lunged.

threebag
11-30-2018, 09:21 AM
They missed the helmet hit on Kamara too.

Imon Yourside
11-30-2018, 09:29 AM

.....and a Face turning facemask on Dak.

philfree
11-30-2018, 09:34 AM

Can't believe they let that go with such a premier player involved.

philfree
11-30-2018, 09:36 AM

It'll be okay though because they'll make up for it Sunday when the Chiefs play.

carcosa
11-30-2018, 09:51 AM
The refs are just bad at their jobs, dumbass

old_geezer
11-30-2018, 09:57 AM
It's not just the Chiefs or any other team. The refs this year are pure garbage. It's like they just went out on the streets and hired the homeless this year. There's no consistency or common sense in so many of these calls. I blame all the rule changes trying to "protect" the players. The refs have become more important than the players in who wins or loses a game (And every one of them seems to have a different interpretation of the rules).

htismaqe
11-30-2018, 10:03 AM
No it wasn’t. It was on the same drive that Dak fumbled. You know the drive where the refs missed a blatant face mask penalty that would have helped the Cowboys.

If they were truly trying to help the Cowboys, all they would have had to do was throw a flag for defensive holding on the strip sack play. It would have negated the fumble recovery and basically handed Dallas the win.

Exactly.

There bad calls on BOTH sides. There was no agenda, just incompetence. And speaking of incompetence, that play would have been overturned if Sean Payton hadn't burned all of his challenges earlier in the game.

Gravedigger
11-30-2018, 10:05 AM
Meh, it was a personal call of did his knee hit before the lunge forward so I'm betting the closest ref there didn't focus on his knee. Sean Payton was out of challenges, which is the system that was put in place to override calls like this, because he was too aggressive with his challenges early on. More fortuitous breaks for the Cowboys last night than the Saints.

Nixhex
11-30-2018, 10:12 AM
The no call on the leading with the crown of the helmet against Kamara was really bad. Luckily for the Saints he was not concussed (sure did look like he was). Not sure how the refs missed that one. This kind of thing scares me. Kind of like Kelce getting that helmet to helmet hit against the Titans in the playoffs last year that knocked him out of the game. Did they call a penalty on that one? I don't believe they did. Seems like a dirty thing a team can do to take out a great player for the opposing team with little to no repercussions.

Mile High Mania
11-30-2018, 10:13 AM
It won't be long before the ball and 20 different points of the uniform have a chip/device in them to monitor this stuff. They'll "toy with it" in a pro bol first, then a preseason game or two.

By 2022, full deployment.

ChiefsLV
11-30-2018, 10:32 AM
Confirmation bias, also called confirmatory bias or myside bias,[Note 1] is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms one's preexisting beliefs or hypotheses.[1] It is a type of cognitive bias and a systematic error of inductive reasoning. People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. The effect is stronger for emotionally charged issues and for deeply entrenched beliefs.

lcarus
11-30-2018, 11:03 AM
That was like Cleveland's first possession against us. 4th down and the runner was clearly 2 football lengths short. Never understood why we didn't challenge but whatever.

The Franchise
11-30-2018, 11:13 AM
I can see them missing this. It's a fast play and watching the full speed replay....it didn't look (to me) like his knee had touched. It was after they slowed it down that you could tell.

That's on Payton for blowing his challenges though. If anyone got fucked by more penalties, or lack of penalties, last night....it was the Cowboys.

htismaqe
11-30-2018, 11:16 AM
I can see them missing this. It's a fast play and watching the full speed replay....it didn't look (to me) like his knee had touched. It was after they slowed it down that you could tell.

That's on Payton for blowing his challenges though. If anyone got fucked by more penalties, or lack of penalties, last night....it was the Cowboys.

Yep.

ChiefsCountry
11-30-2018, 11:18 AM

Everything has to be Zapruder film type breakdown after the fact to make sure it was rigged WWE style.

GloucesterChief
11-30-2018, 11:20 AM
Officiating has been terrible across the board pretty much all year. Guess firing a guy didn't send a loud enough message.

Rain Man
11-30-2018, 11:21 AM
If the offense was going left to right, then it's clearly a first down. Good job coming back for the ball.

ptlyon
11-30-2018, 11:24 AM
That was like Cleveland's first possession against us. 4th down and the runner was clearly 2 football lengths short. Never understood why we didn't challenge but whatever.

A) It was early in the game
B) If you challenge and lose, you lose a timeout and the chance to challenge again for the rest of the half
C) It was Cleveland

Hoover
11-30-2018, 11:34 AM
Nobody is talking about the Saints going for it on 4th and goal in the first half. Kick that FG there its a different ball game. I don't understand this mentality that we have to go for it all the time, especially when you are a team that can score points. Put the pressure on your opponent.

Chiefnj2
11-30-2018, 12:11 PM
Can't believe they let that go with such a premier player involved.

Can't believe they didn't put him through concussion protocol when the staff is giving him smelling salts on the sideline. I mean, the NFL cares so much about concussions and they have neurologists watching all the games.

saphojunkie
11-30-2018, 12:22 PM
in a crucial 4th quarter/3rd down conversion situation tonight...

https://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm264/defiant68/rig%20copy_zpshk6d6sxk.jpg

Kind of strange how these things always favor whichever team the NFL is pushing...like calling 9 penalties in the 1st quarter but missing two on the same play that results in a TD.

LA is back in the drivers seat for HFA...

I dont really give a shit about the NFC...just watching how the NFL sets up the Rams.....like they did for the 2015 Donks.

We're really doing this again?

saphojunkie
11-30-2018, 12:24 PM
It won't be long before the ball and 20 different points of the uniform have a chip/device in them to monitor this stuff. They'll "toy with it" in a pro bol first, then a preseason game or two.

By 2022, full deployment.

bring it on

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/CluelessHauntingIlladopsis-max-1mb.gif

Fish
11-30-2018, 12:29 PM
Can't believe they didn't put him through concussion protocol when the staff is giving him smelling salts on the sideline. I mean, the NFL cares so much about concussions and they have neurologists watching all the games.

No shit. When I saw the smelling salts, I immediately thought he was done no question. Nope...

The concussion protocol is enforced very weirdly..

HemiEd
11-30-2018, 12:33 PM
Add in drones and camera angles from many cameras, the human element problem could be eliminated by some really sharp young people.

HemiEd
11-30-2018, 12:34 PM

I have seen at least four lately that didn't draw a flag, much worse than what Hunt got fined for.

Athis
11-30-2018, 12:40 PM
This one pisses me off the most..Same thing happened last year when the Saints played Atlanta. Deion Jones crowned Kamara right in front of the refs and no flag. Kamara was taken out of the game for concussion protocol. That game was a retard ref fest like last night.

Chargem
11-30-2018, 04:09 PM
Can you even tell conclusively that his knee is down from that still frame? I mean there's no indication of impact with the ground.

htismaqe
11-30-2018, 04:13 PM

Exactly what I was thinking.

htismaqe
11-30-2018, 04:14 PM
Can you even tell conclusively that his knee is down from that still frame? I mean there's no indication of impact with the ground.

Watching it live, he bounced. You could tell immediately he hit the ground before the line because he had a slight upward trajectory after the knee hit. I mean, it was clear to me he was down before the line.

But like I said before, Sean Payton is TOO aggressive. He could have challenged it but he didn't have any left. That's his fault.

Chief Pagan
11-30-2018, 04:54 PM
Add in drones and camera angles from many cameras, the human element problem could be eliminated by some really sharp young people.

Screw driverless cars.

Google should develope some AI software that can make automatic reffing decisions.

Every play could be automatically reviewed in a fraction of a second.

FAX
11-30-2018, 05:16 PM
Chip the ball you dumbass NFLers!!!

Use lasers!! Use GPS navigations!!! Use a blind old lady from Staten Island (she couldn't do worse)!!! God almighty this has to stop.

FAX

Bearcat
11-30-2018, 05:25 PM
Well, if you made up that the other team was being favored for some made up bullshit reason, you could find some bad call that favored them just as easily.

Every team has some reason to be favored by the league and the refs suck.

-King-
11-30-2018, 06:25 PM
Apparently he did get tested in the locker room and passed.
Posted via Mobile Device