PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 1986 Chiefs - The Greatest Special Teams Unit in History

KChiefs1
11-30-2018, 07:40 AM
Somewhere I have all of these games recorded. The Steelers game was insane.

Albert Lewis was amazing.

https://youtu.be/QuLqejyZkoo

Rasputin
11-30-2018, 07:42 AM
<iframe width="855" height="481" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QuLqejyZkoo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KChiefs1
11-30-2018, 07:51 AM
<iframe width="855" height="481" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QuLqejyZkoo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks for embedding for me.

scho63
11-30-2018, 10:20 AM
I LOVED that old Kansas City field with astroturf. The colors just looked fantastic on TV.

Amazing how great Lewis was. Just incredible.

gblowfish
11-30-2018, 12:38 PM
In that video they talk about how pathetic the Chiefs offense was at the time. Bill Pussy and Todd Sackledge were God Awful. I lived through all of it. Wasted my youth.

HemiEd
11-30-2018, 12:47 PM
In that video they talk about how pathetic the Chiefs offense was at the time. Bill Pussy and Todd Sackledge were God Awful. I lived through all of it. Wasted my youth.

There you go railing on Bill Kenney again, but you were just a kid, I loved him. He pretty much carried the team unlike any of the other QBs before or after for quite some time.

Pure shit HCs until Marty was the real problem. Moving Ganz up to HC due to player input after the special teams got them in the playoffs was stupid.

Rain Man
11-30-2018, 12:50 PM
Albert Lewis was a wrecking crew that year. He was fun to watch.

If you check out the video at about 2:50, he didn't even block that punt. He was on it so fast that he flicked the ball away during the punter's drop.

ChiefBlueCFC
11-30-2018, 12:58 PM
My god I loved Albert Lewis

suzzer99
11-30-2018, 12:59 PM
Albert Lewis should be in the hall of fame dammit!

siberian khatru
11-30-2018, 01:24 PM
Pure shit HCs until Marty was the real problem.

Marv Levy

suzzer99
11-30-2018, 01:45 PM
How incredible would the 2018 Chiefs be with Lewis/Ross/Cherry/Burrus in their primes?

gblowfish
11-30-2018, 03:29 PM
There you go railing on Bill Kenney again, but you were just a kid, I loved him. He pretty much carried the team unlike any of the other QBs before or after for quite some time.

Pure shit HCs until Marty was the real problem. Moving Ganz up to HC due to player input after the special teams got them in the playoffs was stupid.

The infamous players meeting at Nick Lowrey's house is what got Mackovic fired and brought Gansz in as HC. He was in over his head, much like Gunther was over his head as a HC.

And I've always said Bill Kenney was by far the best female NFL player ever.
That chick could ball...

ChiefsFanatic
11-30-2018, 07:34 PM
The infamous players meeting at Nick Lowrey's house is what got Mackovic fired and brought Gansz in as HC. He was in over his head, much like Gunther was over his head as a HC.

And I've always said Bill Kenney was by far the best female NFL player ever.
That chick could ball...The idea that anyone could think that he carried the team is beyond me. I would say that Albert Lewis, Lloyd Burress, Deron Cherry, and Kevin Ross were responsible for more wins than Kenney ever was.

Yeah, Kenney led the team to like a 8-4 record one year before getting hurt, but he was also part of a QB group that gave up 4 Pick-6 interceptions in one game. Kenney threw 2, Blackledge threw one, and some third stringer with a girl's name threw the last one. I think it was the last pass he threw in the NFL. His name was Patty or Sandy or something like that.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

big nasty kcnut
11-30-2018, 07:45 PM
The idea that anyone could think that he carried the team is beyond me. I would say that Albert Lewis, Lloyd Burress, Deron Cherry, and Kevin Ross were responsible for more wins than Kenney ever was.

Yeah, Kenney led the team to like a 8-4 record one year before getting hurt, but he was also part of a QB group that gave up 4 Pick-6 interceptions in one game. Kenney threw 2, Blackledge threw one, and some third stringer with a girl's name threw the last one. I think it was the last pass he threw in the NFL. His name was Patty or Sandy or something like that.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Sandy Osiecki the dude name! vs. the seahawks!

Deberg_1990
11-30-2018, 09:57 PM
Frank Ganz was a stud

ChiTown
11-30-2018, 10:20 PM
I loved Albert Lewis so gawddamned much.

Nickhead
09-05-2021, 03:05 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pfTCH1vDWt8" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KChiefs1
09-05-2021, 03:32 PM

He was awesome.

Rain Man
09-05-2021, 05:06 PM
Wow, Gansz lied a lot. I remember the scandal, but back in those days it was just a newspaper article so it didn't have a lot of traction.

Rain Man
09-05-2021, 05:07 PM

We've been blessed with a lot of great corners, but he may have been the best.

ThyKingdomCome15
09-05-2021, 05:21 PM
Wow, that really is special. That 15 year Playoff drought was probably the darkest chapter in Chiefs franchise history. I didn't know anything good came out of it until today. Truly amazing.

Thanks for sharing that. No good reason Albert Lewis isn't in the HOF. He stands alone in his credentials.

oldman
09-05-2021, 10:42 PM

I rarely disagree with you, RM, but there was this guy--- I think his number was 18 that was pretty good. Emmitt ????? I saw him wearing a gold jacket a few times.

KChiefs1
09-05-2021, 11:16 PM
I rarely disagree with you, RM, but there was this guy--- I think his number was 18 that was pretty good. Emmitt ????? I saw him wearing a gold jacket a few times.

Actually I watched both & I consider Albert Lewis to be the better CB. ET was on a Super Bowl winner which the HOF gives huge bonus points for.

Rain Man
09-05-2021, 11:54 PM

It's certainly worth a good debate, and Emmitt was awesome. But Albert is just too good to put in second place. Emmitt played in an era where interceptions were easier to come by, and his front seven was dominant. Albert had 42 interceptions on mostly weak teams, and added in 12.5 sacks, 13 forced fumbles, 13 fumbles recoveries, and 11 blocked kicks. Albert produced a lot of points.

KCJake
09-06-2021, 09:49 AM

James Hasty, Dale Carter. Tough to bet that combo

scho63
09-07-2021, 12:59 PM

They were two nasty street dudes! Two of the baddest MoFo's ever! :thumb:

Rain Man
09-07-2021, 01:09 PM

They were two nasty street dudes! Two of the baddest MoFo's ever! :thumb:

We've had great pairs on the past: Carter/Hasty, Lewis/Ross, Thomas/Marsalis. But our current group is ridiculously deep. I'm a big Fenton fan and he's our fourth or fifth cornerback. That's crazy.

suzzer99
09-07-2021, 01:16 PM
I'm glad so many of you have come around to my personal crusade to get Albert Lewis into the HoF.

I think the main problem is he went to the Raiders. And maybe he really pissed off the organization on the way out the door on top of that. So no one on the Chiefs is willing to champion him.

Imagine if Lewis played for the Cowboys or Niners. HoF first ballot.

Red Dawg
09-07-2021, 01:17 PM
Freaking Bill Kinney....lol He just stands there completely flat footed and gets nailed. Not a hint of moving at all.

Al Bundy
09-07-2021, 03:28 PM
Freaking Bill Kinney....lol He just stands there completely flat footed and gets nailed. Not a hint of moving at all.

Everything was flat with that dude.

gblowfish
09-07-2021, 03:33 PM
Actually I watched both & I consider Albert Lewis to be the better CB. ET was on a Super Bowl winner which the HOF gives huge bonus points for.

I was really mad at Albert for going to the Raiders. In hindsight, it was a wash since Al Davis got Albert, but we got Marcus Allen around that same time. So you could almost see it as a free agent trade, and a push. Albert is in the Chiefs Hall of Honor. I'm willing to look the other way on that, but never, EVER accept Neil Smith. Never. I'll hold that grudge forever.

Pointer19
09-07-2021, 06:26 PM
Wow. I haven't seen much Chiefs history type of stuff, so thanks for posting.

At 2:17, the commentator announces #8 as "the second most accurate field goal kicker in history." Funny enough...

https://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=339425