11-30-2018, 06:14 PM
Hunt is a much more dynamic player....

St. Patty's Fire
11-30-2018, 06:15 PM
With Mahomes I’m honestly not too worried about it

Ware ain’t Hunt but we’ll make it work.

Red Dawg
11-30-2018, 06:21 PM
Ware can't hold Hunts jock. He has 14 tds and is a force. Ware is a slow run of the mill nothing.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-30-2018, 06:27 PM
I'm actually looking forward to a Ware game

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-30-2018, 06:28 PM
Ware can't hold Hunts jock. He has 14 tds and is a force. Ware is a slow run of the mill nothing.

And Red Dawg is a DICK!

carcosa
11-30-2018, 06:30 PM

You are just relentlessly stupid

TribalElder
11-30-2018, 06:30 PM
wpk avg?

saphojunkie
11-30-2018, 06:31 PM
You are just relentlessly stupid

Relentlessly LMAO

St. Patty's Fire
11-30-2018, 06:36 PM

Ware is the type of player who will make this post look dumb as fuck

Well, dumber than it already is

Ware got his spot stolen when he got hurt. Here’s his chance to get it back. I don’t think he’s going to squander the opportunity, personally.

MAG
11-30-2018, 06:42 PM
Running backs at this level are overrated and easy to replace. Just look at the Pittsburgh situation.

Iconic
11-30-2018, 06:44 PM
I think Ware will do an adequate job filling in. He's not Hunt but he's absolutely a starter in this league. The benefit of having Mahomes as your QB is you could have dick at RB and be alright. We'll be fine.

RINGLEADER
12-01-2018, 11:18 AM
I think Ware will do an adequate job filling in. He's not Hunt but he's absolutely a starter in this league. The benefit of having Mahomes as your QB is you could have dick at RB and be alright. We'll be fine.

I think we may be surprised by how well Ware does.

Will he be as good at Hunt would have been -- not sure yet. But I don't think the drop-off is going to be as great as some thing...

Real key will be to see how he holds up through the game -- can he manage 15 runs and 5 passes? Does he have fresh legs or will the workload prove too much? I think he'll come through fine.

Pants
12-01-2018, 11:20 AM
Spencer was also at the Halloween party. So there's that.

gblowfish
12-01-2018, 11:22 AM
Check out the Chiefs 2018 Calendar for December. I love irony.

Best22
12-01-2018, 11:24 AM
Old CP: Runningbacks are worthless. Who cares about Priest, Johnson, and Charles? Get an elite QB and you can win with literal garbage at RB

New CP: Now that we’ve lost our RB, our offense is toast. Clearly Hunt runs the offense, not MVP Mahomes

Yeah it sucks but he’s just a tailback. This season always did, and still does, ride on how well Mahomes performs, and how many stops our defense can get

Bwana
12-01-2018, 11:24 AM

Heh, nice.

KChiefs1
12-01-2018, 11:25 AM

Just flipped it over today.

How appropriate.

KChiefs1
12-01-2018, 11:27 AM

Ware will be fine in the running game. It’s the screen game that I worry about.

carcosa
12-01-2018, 11:31 AM

That's not ironic. You love coincidences.

Chiefshrink
12-01-2018, 11:32 AM
Hunt is a much more dynamic player....

No he is not.

Chiefshrink
12-01-2018, 11:35 AM
Old CP: Runningbacks are worthless. Who cares about Priest, Johnson, and Charles? Get an elite QB and you can win with literal garbage at RB

New CP: Now that we’ve lost our RB, our offense is toast. Clearly Hunt runs the offense, not MVP Mahomes

Yeah it sucks but he’s just a tailback. This season always did, and still does, ride on how well Mahomes performs, and how many stops our defense can get

I agree with you. Let's just hope Pat doesn't try to overcompensate and increase his INT total.:shrug:

Best22
12-01-2018, 11:36 AM
I agree with you. Let's just hope Pat doesn't try to overcompensate and increase his INT total.:shrug:

Pat knows how good Ware is. He won’t do too much

threebag
12-01-2018, 11:36 AM

http://godlessmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/blues-brothers-jpg.jpg

DJ's left nut
12-01-2018, 11:37 AM
The wall to wall dick sucking of Hunt last year has been replaced by "Well Ware's just as good" eh?

Wow.

People hand-waiving this are ridiculous. Hunt is a MUCH better player. It's not close. Frankly I'm hopeful that Darrel Williams can see his way to the starting job. This offense needs more explosion than Ware can provide, IMO. I don't care about his YPC when he's coming in on 3rd downs and teams aren't gameplanning to stop him; dude will be lucky to stay above 4 YPC as a feature back.

I liked what I saw with Williams in the pre-season, OTOH. And the Chiefs kept him on the roster to prevent him being sniped for a reason. There's a chance for a player there but even still, he'll be nowhere near as versed on the offense, versatile in patterns or capable as a pass blocker.

This hurt. Badly.

threebag
12-01-2018, 11:38 AM
Ware will be fine in the running game. It’s the screen game that I worry about.

He’s had his fair share of sweet screen plays. He will be awesome

PAChiefsGuy
12-01-2018, 11:40 AM
The wall to wall dick sucking of Hunt last year has been replaced by "Well Ware's just as good" eh?

Wow.

People hand-waiving this are ridiculous. Hunt is a MUCH better player. It's not close. Frankly I'm hopeful that Darrel Williams can see his way to the starting job. This offense needs more explosion than Ware can provide, IMO. I don't care about his YPC when he's coming in on 3rd downs and teams aren't gameplanning to stop him; dude will be lucky to stay above 4 YPC as a feature back.

I liked what I saw with Williams in the pre-season, OTOH. And the Chiefs kept him on the roster to prevent him being sniped for a reason. There's a chance for a player there but even still, he'll be nowhere near as versed on the offense, versatile in patterns or capable as a pass blocker.

This hurt. Badly.

It does hurt but badly is a stretch. We're not a running team. Ware isn't Hunt but he is a capable backup. We should be okay. Defenses still have to figure out a way to stop our passing attack. Good luck with that!

Best22
12-01-2018, 11:44 AM

Wow.

This hurt. Badly.

Everyone knows Hunt is better. But how many 100 yard rushing games does Hunt have? We could’ve replaced Hunt with Ware last week in LA and we still woulda put up 50. Hunt had a mere 70 yards on the ground

We’re then 2018 Chiefs, we have the best QB we’ve ever had. This isn’t 1995, Hunt is important but he doesn’t make or break the offense. Aside from Watkins, he’s the most replaceable part on offense. Mahomes, Hill, and Kelce are the big 3 and most important because it is a passing league

RaidersOftheCellar
12-01-2018, 11:44 AM
Running backs at this level are overrated and easy to replace. Just look at the Pittsburgh situation.

Agreed. Unless it's a once-in-a-generation Barry Sanders type, no RB is irreplaceable.

I actually think the difference between Ware and Hunt is minimal. Plus Ware's a cool dude. And he's gonna play his ass off.

Being forced to start a solid RB with something to prove might actually be a boost, rather than the opposite.

Easy 6
12-01-2018, 11:49 AM
I'd bet Ware will be a pleasant surprise for his doubters, this is his chance to reclaim the starting gig and you know he is gonna go all out for it

DJ's left nut
12-01-2018, 11:49 AM
Everyone knows Hunt is better. But how many 100 yard rushing games does Hunt have? We could’ve replaced Hunt with Ware last week in LA and we still woulda put up 50. Hunt had a mere 70 yards on the ground

We’re then 2018 Chiefs, we have the best QB we’ve ever had. This isn’t 1995, Hunt is important but he doesn’t make or break the offense. Aside from Watkins, he’s the most replaceable part on offense. Mahomes, Hill, and Kelce are the big 3 and most important because it is a passing league

Its not just the yards he runs for but the threat he presents on RPOs and even in basic 11 looks. He forced teams to constantly respect the run and always account for him ott if the backfield.

Why do you think Hill keeps getting looks at single-high coverage?

This will impact every level of our offense. This has a score/gm damage potential. It's bad all around.

Best22
12-01-2018, 11:52 AM
Its not just the yards he runs for but the threat he presents on RPOs and even in basic 11 looks. He forced teams to constantly respect the run and always account for him ott if the backfield.

Why do you think Hill keeps getting looks at single-high coverage?

This will impact every level of our offense. This has a score/gm damage potential. It's bad all around.

If they use soft boxes we can still run the ball. This man had a 916 yard season with Alex Smith and his measly 15 touchdowns in 2016. If teams go to 2 high then Ware will pound them. He’s a beast who deserves respect, if teams don’t give it we will pound defenses

And if Mahomes does in fact rely on Kareem that much then he’s not who we thought he was anyway and we can punt on any SB hopes.

Sure-Oz
12-01-2018, 11:54 AM
Ware will be fine in the running game. It’s the screen game that I worry about.Ware I think is a decent receiver, curious how Williams does

DJ's left nut
12-01-2018, 11:57 AM
If they use soft boxes we can still run the ball. This man had a 916 yard season with Alex Smith and his measly 15 touchdowns in 2016. If teams go to 2 high then Ware will pound them. He’s a beast who deserves respect, if teams don’t give it we will pound defenses

He really isn't. Hes a guy that every team in the league has. He's fine but a play where Hunt could hit a seam and take for 20 is a play that Ware takes for 6.

It's a similar but inverse impact to Berry. Berry turns long plays into short ones. He takes splash plays and kills them before they get out of hand to let us live to see 2nd down. By going from Hunt to Ware, we're giving every team we'll face from here out that kind of boost.

The offense just lost us whatever gains the defense will get us from Berry.

Best22
12-01-2018, 12:01 PM
He really isn't. Hes a guy that every team in the league has. He's fine but a play where Hunt could hit a seam and take for 20 is a play that Ware takes for 6.

It's a similar but inverse impact to Berry. Berry turns long plays into short ones. He takes splash plays and kills them before they get out of hand to let us live to see 2nd down. By going from Hunt to Ware, we're giving every team we'll face from here out that kind of boost.

The offense just lost us whatever gains the defense will get us from Berry.

We have no idea how Berry or Ware will perform.

Nothing is guaranteed in this league. If we had Alex I would sweat this a little more, but since we have the top QB it’s harder to worry. Mahomes makes a huge difference, and if he stumbles Ware is more than capable of helping him along with crucial plays (like in the Cleveland game)

DTHOF
12-01-2018, 12:02 PM
I think Ware will do fine. It is not like he hasn't been a 1000 yard back anyway. Chiefs won games with him and in the end of games he was a little better at closing out teams if you think back. Hunt was very good but the cupboard isn't completely bare like some teams.

DJ's left nut
12-01-2018, 12:05 PM
We have no idea how Berry or Ware will perform.

Nothing is guaranteed in this league. If we had Alex I would sweat this a little more, but since we have the top QB it’s harder to worry. Mahomes makes a huge difference, and if he stumbles Ware is more than capable of helping him along with crucial plays (like in the Cleveland game)

In the Cleveland game Ware took two plays that should have been scores and literally fell down.

It's instructive that easily his best game of the season was also the one that most clearly demonstrated his relative shortcomings compared to Hunt.

Best22
12-01-2018, 12:06 PM
In the Cleveland game Ware took two plays that should have been scores and literally fell down.

It's instructive that easily his best game of the season was also the one that most clearly demonstrated his relative shortcomings compared to Ware.

I think your thinking of the Cincy game

He showed great balance in Cleveland and is directly responsible for our 37 point outing over the revamped Browns

Yosef_Malkovitch
12-01-2018, 12:08 PM

It's instructive that easily his best game of the season was also the one that most clearly demonstrated his relative shortcomings compared to Ware.

Yep. Hunt would have scored on those (whichever game it was... I remember watching Ware just fall down inside the 10).

Ware isn't bad, by any means, but the people acting like this is not going to hurt us are kidding themselves. As I said in another thread, there is a reason that Hunt was the starter and Ware was the backup.

RunKC
12-01-2018, 12:10 PM
Hey DJLN,

Time to give you props. We should have drafted Kamara instead of Hunt.

Best22
12-01-2018, 12:10 PM
Yep. Hunt would have scored on those (whichever game it was... I remember watching Ware just fall down inside the 10).

Ware isn't bad, by any means, but the people acting like this is not going to hurt us are kidding themselves. As I said in another thread, there is a reason that Hunt was the starter and Ware was the backup.

All teams lose good players. It doesn’t keep them from wining a SB. Look at Philly last year or New England in 2016

Chiefs finally have elite QB play so it’s harder to sweat losing a RB, even a top 3 guy like Hunt

DJ's left nut
12-01-2018, 12:14 PM
I think your thinking of the Cincy game

He showed great balance in Cleveland and is directly responsible for our 37 point outing over the revamped Browns

You're probably right as I go through the box scores; the Cincy game was the game where his balance sucked. The Cleveland game was the game where Hunt just massacred Cleveland on his own.

I mean c'mon - your position is a that Ware was 'directly responsible' for for a 37 point output in a game where he had 6 total touches? Meanwhile, Hunt had 3 touchdowns and 140 yards. He had 2 targets in the passing game all day but managed to go for a 50 yard TD on one. Sure, maybe you're right and Cincy was when Ware just couldn't stay on his damn feet - but Cleveland did the opposite of what you're claiming - it showed just how valuable Hunt is in this offense while Ware went out there and cleaned up scraps.

DJ's left nut
12-01-2018, 12:15 PM
Hey DJLN,

Time to give you props. We should have drafted Kamara instead of Hunt.

The amount of willpower it took me to not bump those threads with a whole slew of middle fingers really should be commended. I considered it ;)

But it didn't seem like the time.....

Best22
12-01-2018, 12:16 PM
You're probably right as I go through the box scores; the Cincy game was the game where his balance sucked. The Cleveland game was the game where Hunt just massacred Cleveland on his own.

I mean c'mon - your position is a that Ware was 'directly responsible' for for a 37 point output in a game where he had 6 total touches? Meanwhile, Hunt had 3 touchdowns and 140 yards. He had 2 targets in the passing game all day but managed to go for a 50 yard TD on one. Sure, maybe you're right and Cincy was when Ware just couldn't stay on his damn feet - but Cleveland did the opposite of what you're claiming - it showed just how valuable Hunt is in this offense while Ware went out there and cleaned up scraps.

Yes.

Directly responsible

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=13925214#post13925214

Chiefshrink
12-01-2018, 12:16 PM
Hunt is a MUCH better player. It's not close. Frankly I'm hopeful that Darrel Williams can see his way to the starting job. This offense needs more explosion than Ware can provide, IMO. I don't care about his YPC when he's coming in on 3rd downs and teams aren't gameplanning to stop him; dude will be lucky to stay above 4 YPC as a feature back.

This hurt. Badly.

Nah, I disagree with you about Hunt just watch. I agree with you about Williams and his talent and as far as versed in plays and patterns and pass blocking remains to be seen.

DJ's left nut
12-01-2018, 12:23 PM
All teams lose good players. It doesn’t keep them from wining a SB. Look at Philly last year or New England in 2016

Chiefs finally have elite QB play so it’s harder to sweat losing a RB, even a top 3 guy like Hunt

If Hunt is a top 3 guy, we'd REALLY be fucked. Fortunately he isn't.

Hunt isn't irreplaceable long-term, IMO. But what he is is extremely difficult to replace NOW. On the fly. This is just a damn tough time to deal with this. He's a clear top 10 back and probably in that 5-6 range to me (I'd take Zeke, Gurley, Barkley and Kamara over him without question; there are 3-4 beyond that who are up for debate but I wouldn't argue wherever you placed him in that tier).

Ware is a fortunate fallback; a guy who's versed in the offense and physical with 25-30 yard ability; not a big play back but a guy who can pick/prod his way forward for a bit. He's a good backup. But he ISN'T the kind of guy that defenses worry about or gameplan for because he isn't a guy that's going to truly kill you unless you just screw up. So you play him straight. You can't do that with Hunt; Hunt can physically win a play even if you gameplan for him so you can't ever ignore him. Ware...eh, like I said; he'll just take what's there.

Funny - Ware is likely to be almost exactly who I thought Hunt would be coming out of the draft. A solid, physical runner who takes what's in front of him. Hunt proved to be more than I thought he could be but Ware we've seen at this level and he's had a major injury since. He's simply not anything special.

DJ's left nut
12-01-2018, 12:25 PM
Yes.

Directly responsible

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=13925214#post13925214

By that 'logic', literally anyone that made as much as a block that allowed a play to work better, in any drive that led to a touchdown, was 'directly responsible'.

That's a pretty shitty argument. The fact that a thread singing a player's virtues got one kinda sorta response pretty well supports that.

Fire Me Boy!
12-01-2018, 12:25 PM
The thing I remember about Ware is how tough he was after first hit. I like him in the fourth quarter pounding defenses.

Chiefshrink
12-01-2018, 12:44 PM
The thing I remember about Ware is how tough he was after first hit. I like him in the fourth quarter pounding defenses.

:thumb:

Best22
12-01-2018, 01:48 PM
By that 'logic', literally anyone that made as much as a block that allowed a play to work better, in any drive that led to a touchdown, was 'directly responsible'.

That's a pretty shitty argument. The fact that a thread singing a player's virtues got one kinda sorta response pretty well supports that.

What happens if Ware fails to convert on either play?

KC still likely wins but it would be closer

I think your the one who is overrating the dropoff. Ware is a great back.

Runningbacks don’t win the AFC. Quarterbacks do, and we finally have one

BWillie
12-01-2018, 02:02 PM
Ware is a Top 20 back - but Hunt is a legit talent. He is so hard to take down, and just seems to bonce off defenders. It's really an ability so few have. He's going to be missed - the good news is RBs dont matter as much in the NFL anymore.

SAUTO
12-01-2018, 02:03 PM

Pretty sure hunt led league in years after contact last year. Maybe it was broken tackles but the point stands. Ware isn't that guy. Never has been imo

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
12-01-2018, 02:05 PM
I remember in the Buffalo game where on two straight run plays Ware put both of there players out of the game and 1 ended up on IR. We need that Ware!

12-01-2018, 02:09 PM
Ware can't hold Hunts jock. He has 14 tds and is a force. Ware is a slow run of the mill nothing.Moron

St. Patty's Fire
12-01-2018, 02:12 PM

It’s not irony, it’s a sign damn it!!!

DJ's left nut
12-01-2018, 02:14 PM
What happens if Ware fails to convert on either play?

KC still likely wins but it would be closer

I think your the one who is overrating the dropoff. Ware is a great back.

Runningbacks don’t win the AFC. Quarterbacks do, and we finally have one

Ware is nothing resembling a 'great' back unless you thing Cam Erving is a 'great' guard and Chris Conley is a 'great' WR.

He's fine. He's quality depth. But the argument you're making can be made for literally every player that plays significant snaps. "What if X doesn't break up the pass or Y doesn't make a block?" It's ludicrous.

It doesn't make them 'directly responsible' for anything any more than Reiter not botching the snap on that play does.

12-01-2018, 02:15 PM
The thing I remember about Ware is how tough he was after first hit. I like him in the fourth quarter pounding defenses.I Agree but unfortunately we have a coach that abandons the run in the fourth quarter.

staylor26
12-01-2018, 02:16 PM
Ware is nothing resembling a 'great' back unless you thing Cam Erving is a 'great' guard and Chris Conley is a 'great' WR.

He's fine. He's quality depth. But the argument you're making can be made for literally every player that plays significant snaps. "What if X doesn't break up the pass or Y doesn't make a block?" It's ludicrous.

It doesn't make them 'directly responsible' for anything any more than Reiter not botching the snap on that play does.

I agree with you here DJ, but don’t you think getting back Morse, LDT, Watkins, and Berry can more than offset this loss with a solid replacement like Ware?

I still think we will be a better overall team come the playoffs if we get those guys back and are healthy going into the playoffs.

In58men
12-01-2018, 02:18 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181201/4ccc9fca05d772473f0212d8ba8e0b41.jpg

Illuminati

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FAX
12-01-2018, 02:46 PM
I have confidence in Spencer.

It all dates back to that Bills game when we were getting pummelled in the first half. Wally put Spencer in and he single-handedly turned that game around with massive a-gap runs that sent a couple of Bills to the sideline to meditate on their career choice.

You go Spencer. Don't listen to the doubters. Just play your game.

FAX

DJ's left nut
12-01-2018, 02:48 PM
I agree with you here DJ, but don’t you think getting back Morse, LDT, Watkins, and Berry can more than offset this loss with a solid replacement like Ware?

I still think we will be a better overall team come the playoffs if we get those guys back and are healthy going into the playoffs.

Sure. They'll help. Maybe the combination of all of them returning is even enough to make us better than we were. But we wont be as good as we COULD be.

It's just makes that post-season margin for error tighten up again. We know how that tends to go at that point. If the margin is that we're 2 plays better than the opponent, those 2 plays never seem to get made. At 4 plays better, maybe we'd have had the clearance we need.

I think this sinks us. Especially when I have no faith in Berry or Watkins surviving a long playoff run (and really, little faith in Morse either). We needed every arrow in our quiver and we just lost a big one.

SAUTO
12-01-2018, 02:50 PM
That's funny DJ. Last night I said we now had 5 shots in our 6shooter lol

TinyEvel
12-01-2018, 02:51 PM
https://www.facebook.com/164977296972/posts/10156261991621973/

Is this real? Posred by chiefs kingdom

DJ's left nut
12-01-2018, 02:59 PM
That's funny DJ. Last night I said we now had 5 shots in our 6shooter lol

Good analogy.

Doesnt mean that if you're staring down 5 guys, you might not drop all 5 of them, but you sure would like to be able to wing one and still have a round left to work with...

WhiteWhale
12-01-2018, 03:09 PM
I have confidence in Spencer.

It all dates back to that Bills game when we were getting pummelled in the first half. Wally put Spencer in and he single-handedly turned that game around with massive a-gap runs that sent a couple of Bills to the sideline to meditate on their career choice.

You go Spencer. Don't listen to the doubters. Just play your game.

FAX

Spencer is a good back. He's not a top 5 back like Hunt, but he's good.

He also has a history of getting injured. The last time he was our starter he was dinged up after about week 6. Then missed all of last season.

I'm very concerned about the quality as we go down the depth chart. We'll be pretty much stuck leaning on Darrel Williams if something happens to Ware I guess. Damien isn't a good runner. He's a nice little pass catcher. He's a situational guy.

If he's healthy I think we'll be okay. If he gets injured as he often does I'm not sure what will happen. I suppose you just hope the threat of Mahomes's arm and the WR's will keep things open for lesser talent to get some gains.

Imon Yourside
12-01-2018, 05:34 PM
Ware is a very good back his problem was taking on the entire workload, with Mahomes and being late in the season we won't need 20 carries from him a game. He will do just fine, Mahomes can hit him wide open in the endzone instead of 10 yards short looking for Rac yards.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-01-2018, 05:45 PM
Ware's gonna have fresh legs now. I remember him slowing down the 2nd half of 2016. He's only gotta play 5 games and then he'll have a 2 week break, play 2 games and have another 2 week break.

DJ's left nut
12-02-2018, 06:31 PM
We can close the book on this dipshittery now, right?

Ware is nothing compared to Hunt. A backup all day, every day.

suzzer99
12-02-2018, 06:33 PM
Ware is a dropoff from Hunt, but he's still a starting RB for half the teams in the league.

Give the team a week to game plan and practice around his strengths. Then judge.

OKchiefs
12-02-2018, 06:39 PM
Ware is a dropoff from Hunt, but he's still a starting RB for half the teams in the league.

Give the team a week to game plan and practice around his strengths. Then judge.

Shouldn't have to gameplan much against the worst rush defense in the league. We're in trouble if we have to get tough yards on the ground. The offensive line has always been finesse and get their shit pushed in constantly. Without an elite back like Hunt to make them look better we're in trouble on the ground.

TEX
12-02-2018, 06:55 PM
Shouldn't have to gameplan much against the worst rush defense in the league. We're in trouble if we have to get tough yards on the ground. The offensive line has always been finesse and get their shit pushed in constantly. Without an elite back like Hunt to make them look better we're in trouble on the ground.

Yep. Big trouble. Ware is NOT the answer. Gonna have to manufacture rush yards by committee and the short passing game. Losing Hunt is a KILLER that we may not be able to overcome.

DJ's left nut
12-02-2018, 07:05 PM

No he isn't.

2 years ago he was. This version won't get a sniff as a starter in free agency and will be lucky to avoid a pay cut from where he is right now. I don't see anything to separate him from a dozen UDFA's available every off-season.

TEX
12-02-2018, 07:12 PM
No he isn't.

2 years ago he was. This version won't get a sniff as a starter in free agency and will be lucky to avoid a pay cut from where he is right now. I don't see anything to separate him from a dozen UDFA's available every off-season.

Very true.