PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Darrell williams

chiefzilla1501
12-01-2018, 08:27 AM
What's done is done. So what do we have in Darrel Williams. Seems like he may be a good change of pace for ware. Especially now with a year with bienemys coaching. Seems like a power version of Spencer ware. And could be a weapon for us in the passing game.

notorious
12-01-2018, 08:30 AM
Things will be fine. The Chiefs will fill the void. This kid might be a star waiting to shine, and just needs the chance.

chiefzilla1501
12-01-2018, 08:35 AM
I think he could be a diamond in the rough. He's not shifty like kareem, but think this guy could be a bowling ball for us. And hunt was many things, but he was OK in the passing game. Ware and Williams are much better pass protectors and better receivers.

El Jefe
12-01-2018, 08:37 AM
Things will be fine. The Chiefs will fill the void.

I agree, I have found it funny just the sheer terror some have. Yes, it will hurt losing him, but we will be fine. Losing Mabomes would end the season, losing Hill or Kelce would be more devastating. Losing Hunt doesn't mean that Mahomes can't throw anymore, people need to step back from the ledge. Hunt made his bed, and he is paying for it, we are the collateral damage.

notorious
12-01-2018, 08:37 AM
Doesn’t hurt to have RBs that can protect the only irreplaceable member of the team.

notorious
12-01-2018, 08:40 AM
I agree, I have found it funny just the sheer terror some have. Yes, it will hurt losing him, but we will be fine. Losing Mabomes would end the season, losing Hill or Kelce would be more devastating. Losing Hunt doesn't mean that Mahomes can't throw anymore, people need to step back from the ledge. Hunt made his bed, and he is paying for it, we are the collateral damage.

I have found in my business, and business in general, that adversity pushes your team out of their comfort zone and forces growth.

I know vaginas are gushing with the force of 1000 Amazon rivers, but I believe this team will improve. Williams is possibly a key component.

chiefzilla1501
12-02-2018, 08:48 AM
Call it... what should we expect from this guy?

Today & by the end of the season. Does he have potential to split carries with Ware or even top him on the depth chart?

Discuss....

penchief
12-02-2018, 08:54 AM

Oh, the chiefs are deep enough at running back to survive, both by committee and scheme. But hunt was a mismatch for defenses. He was a bona fide playmaker that defenses feared and a vital ingredient to the team's chemistry. His style of play was an emotional spark. That is going to be hard to replace. We still got a shot but a championship is going to be considerably more difficult, IMO.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-02-2018, 08:57 AM
I have found in my business, and business in general, that adversity pushes your team out of their comfort zone and forces growth.

I know vaginas are gushing with the force of 1000 Amazon rivers, but I believe this team will improve. Williams is possibly a key component.

Good post, lots of truth right here.

Mr_Tomahawk
12-02-2018, 08:58 AM
Bump.

This thread isn’t getting the attention it deserves...

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-02-2018, 08:59 AM
Teams are going to think all they need to do now is account for Kelce and play cover on Tyreek. Ware is going to blow that shit up!!!!!

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-02-2018, 09:00 AM
Tomorrows headline:

"Ware picks up where Hunt left off"

notorious
12-02-2018, 09:04 AM
Tomorrows headline:

"Ware picks up where Hunt left off"

“Ware did all the touchdowns come from?”

He is going to have a huge day, and this team is going to move on.

penchief
12-02-2018, 09:05 AM

I have also been pondering this. How the team deals with this loss is going to be telling. If this brings them closer and makes them a more determined bunch, it could be the intangible ingredient that helps mold a champion.

NJChiefsFan
12-02-2018, 09:06 AM
I expect it to be one of two extremes for Ware today.

Mr_Tomahawk
12-02-2018, 09:12 AM
Back to Darrell Williams...

...why did he go I undrafted when he was projected as a mid-late round pick.

He must be worth something if the chiefs wanted to keep him on the 53 man roster and not risk losing him on the PS.

Shaid
12-02-2018, 09:17 AM
I don't know much about him. Is it Darrell Williams or Damien Williams that is projected to be Ware's true backup?

notorious
12-02-2018, 09:18 AM
He's slow, has very little lateral movement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiD_Tqcp8uI&feature=share

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-02-2018, 09:27 AM
He's slow, has very little lateral movement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiD_Tqcp8uI&feature=share

Looks like a bruiser that could wear down a defense. Seems slow out the gate but after 20 yards he has good momentum. :rolleyes:

notorious
12-02-2018, 09:39 AM
He looks like a body, Hog. Nothing more, nothing less.

chiefzilla1501
12-02-2018, 09:44 AM
He looks like a body, Hog. Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't think he'll be a superstar but seems like an interesting prospect. Same 40 time as Ware. But apparently is a bowling ball. And he's supposedly excellent in pass pro and a really good receiver. Maybe doesn't have shiftiness but seems like an interesting guy for change of pace.

chiefzilla1501
12-02-2018, 09:46 AM
We may lose something in the running game. But Ware and Williams could be better weapons in the passing game. Hunt was dangerous on screens or a bailout option. But these guys are better in pass pro and better natural receivers. Always felt like something missing from our offense is a consistent underneath option or checkdown. May help Mahomes on some of those passes where he holds onto the ball longer than he should.

Reerun_KC
12-02-2018, 09:49 AM
Who?

Abba-Dabba
12-02-2018, 09:52 AM
The most interesting thing to me about Darrell Williams is that he signs his name Darrell William.

notorious
12-02-2018, 09:53 AM
Kniles Davis and Chase Daniels approve.

Blick
12-02-2018, 10:06 AM
I like what I saw from him in the preseason. I'm just not sure how much he's going to see the field. Ware is probably going to take most of the load and the other William's is the 3rd down back/receiver type. Maybe some goal line carries since he's a big body?

I think a forgotten aspect in all of this is Eric Bieniemy. He's going to have all these guys ready to contribute in the best way possible.

MahiMike
12-02-2018, 12:47 PM
My money is on Sherman to make a bigger impact.

Cosmos
12-02-2018, 12:50 PM
I expect it to be one of two extremes for Ware today.

As will be the reaction of fans. Hero or goat. Emotions are high.

JakeF
12-02-2018, 02:37 PM
I like Williams. He looked good in preseason and had a knack for the passing game. Ware is going to need rest. Ware couldn't handle a full load before, it wore him out and slowed him way down. I hope that Williams is ready.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-02-2018, 02:43 PM
If Ware and Williams would learn how to use that stiff arm like Hunt did it would get them more yardage.

TLO
12-02-2018, 06:09 PM
He seems nice

JakeF
12-02-2018, 06:22 PM
Ware isn't a starter in the NFL, give Williams a shot.

I was to see Damian and Darryl both get touches.

Ware is only really good for 10 touches a game, max.

RINGLEADER
12-02-2018, 06:42 PM
Williams was intriguing. Not a lot of carries but he had speed, some power, and seemed to really hit the hole hard. Need to see if he can block and catch.

Deberg_1990
12-02-2018, 06:42 PM
Kid needs more carries. I like the way he runs.

NJChiefsFan
12-02-2018, 07:00 PM

If I remember correctly it was actually the opposite when Ware was the starter here. The more carries he got the more successful he became over the course of the game.

Even if true though that's not gonna happen here for obvious reasons. Another thing Hunt was good at was turning it on and off when needed in the offense.

mcaj22
12-02-2018, 07:06 PM

Ware is a starter in an Alex Smith ball control offense.

He's not a starter in a pass first Mahomes offense.

-King-
12-02-2018, 07:08 PM
Kid needs more carries. I like the way he runs.
Wrong D Williams.
Posted via Mobile Device

JakeF
12-02-2018, 07:10 PM
If I remember correctly it was actually the opposite when Ware was the starter here. The more carries he got the more successful he became over the course of the game.

Even if true though that's not gonna happen here for obvious reasons. Another thing Hunt was good at was turning it on and off when needed in the offense. The way i remember it was that Ware got worn out over time. Maybe i'm just remembering wrong. I dunno, you might be right.

JakeF
12-02-2018, 07:13 PM
Ware is a starter in an Alex Smith ball control offense.

He's not a starter in a pass first Mahomes offense.
Could be a very valid point. Is Ware the homerun hitter that fits this offense?

Can he take a sweep or a wheel route for a 50-yard touchdown?

I wonder if the Steelers will send Le'Von Bell our direction. ROFL