PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs @RapSheet: Ex-#Chiefs RB Kareem Hunt is facing more than a 6-game suspension, sources

Sure-Oz
12-02-2018, 06:46 AM
@RapSheet: Ex-#Chiefs RB Kareem Hunt is facing more than a 6-game suspension, sources say. The NFL is expected to discipline him for two separate incidents and he may not play again until deep into next season — assuming someone signs him.
My story: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000994219/article/kareem-hunt-faces-more-than-baseline-sixgame-suspension

Published:*Dec. 2, 2018 at 06:00 a.m.

Updated:*Dec. 2, 2018 at 07:14 a.m.

Kareem Hunt faces more than baseline six-game suspension

Recently released*Kansas City Chiefs*running back*Kareem Hunt*will learn his immediate fate on Monday at 4 p.m. ET when the waiver wire comes out. Hunt might not learn until the offseason when he'll be allowed to step on a field for an NFL team again.
That wait is expected to end with a lengthy suspension.
According to sources with direct knowledge of the situation, Hunt faces more than the baseline six-game suspension for violation of the NFL's personal conduct policy. The league also has been investigating an incident involving Hunt allegedly punching a man in the face at an Ohio resort in June. The NFL is believed to have found enough from that incident to add to Hunt's discipline.
Since penalties for two incidents aren't likely to be served independently of each other -- and because the clock on a suspension doesn't begin when a player is on the Reserve/Commissioner Exempt List -- Hunt could sit out not only the rest of the 2018 season, but well into the 2019 season.
That's assuming a team signs him to play, which is not a given.
This all played out Friday when*TMZ published a surveillance video*from a Cleveland hotel showing Hunt shoving and kicking a woman. The*Chiefs*released him after stating he lied to them by greatly minimizing the incident. He later apologized in a statement: "I deeply regret what I did. I hope to move on from this."
The NFL, which never closed its investigation into Hunt, hopes to move quickly. It likely will make another attempt to reach the victims -- there were multiple attempts previously by email and phone to no avail -- and Hunt also will be interviewed.
One complication could be if Cleveland Police Dept. begins investigating again; that could prolong the NFL's investigation and disciplinary action. While the video was made public Friday, the outcry was about more than just Hunt's actions. Neither the NFL, nor the*Chiefs, had seen the video before it was released.
A league source said the NFL asked the hotel for it twice and was told the hotel would only release it to law enforcement. There was a public records request in June that included the body cam footage and 911 calls, but not the tape.
The league also asked Cleveland police for it and were told they didn't have it.
According to sergeant and public information officer Jennifer Ciaccia of the Cleveland Police Department, she doesn't believe anyone with the department saw the video, either. Officers filed two police reports, but the video was not part of the investigation file.
It was a misdemeanor case, she said, and detectives don't follow up as they do with felonies. In other words, detectives didn't go back for the video. They referred victims to the city prosecutor to file charges.
The victims have not yet filed charges. The statute of limitations does allow victims to still file charges in the wake of the videos, but Monday is the earliest that can happen, Ciaccia said

Sassy Squatch
12-02-2018, 07:00 AM
Hopefully he's proactive and gets himself some anger or alcohol management and he learns to walk away from stupid confrontations. His career is teetering on the edge as it is.

rabblerouser
12-02-2018, 07:02 AM
So...Spencer Ware!?

pugsnotdrugs19
12-02-2018, 07:06 AM
Man. Fuck. I just really hope the guy gets a 2nd chance. He doesn’t deserve to lose his entire career IMO.

chiefzilla1501
12-02-2018, 07:11 AM
So basically, if the Chiefs kept him, they'd get a rusty rb in 2019 (maybe) and a whole year after that. Then they'd have to debate giving him a big contract even though they don't trust him.

He won't help us in a super bowl run this year. May not help us much in 2019. Is that really worth the headache? Not as hard a decision as we're making it to be.

Red Dawg
12-02-2018, 07:18 AM
Draft another in 19. Ware isn't it and Andy knows it. We need to find another special guy if possible.

Sure-Oz
12-02-2018, 07:18 AM
@RapSheet: One option ex-#Chiefs RB Kareem Hunt is considering: Serving his suspensions from the NFL this season, as soon as possible, sources say. Basically admitting his wrongdoing, likely serving 6+ games, starting the clock now rather than sitting on the Commissioner’s Exempt list.

Sassy Squatch
12-02-2018, 07:23 AM
@RapSheet: One option ex-#Chiefs RB Kareem Hunt is considering: Serving his suspensions from the NFL this season, as soon as possible, sources say. Basically admitting his wrongdoing, likely serving 6+ games, starting the clock now rather than sitting on the Commissioner’s Exempt list.
Bit too late for that.

chiefzilla1501
12-02-2018, 07:23 AM
Draft another in 19. Ware isn't it and Andy knows it. We need to find another special guy if possible.

Use the rest of the season to test out darrel Williams. At the very least, he seems well suited skill wise to play a Spencer ware role next year.

threebag
12-02-2018, 07:32 AM
Man. ****. I just really hope the guy gets a 2nd chance. He doesn’t deserve to lose his entire career IMO.

Maybe he should have thought about it before he got caught. At the end of the day Kareem Hunt is responsible for Kareem Hunt.

Sure-Oz
12-02-2018, 07:44 AM
Use the rest of the season to test out darrel Williams. At the very least, he seems well suited skill wise to play a Spencer ware role next year.Gotta go with whoever is playing well. No time for testing really. I assume ynlees Ware gets stonewalled we won't see him.much. hopefully Ware gets 15+ carries today

Mike in SW-MO
12-02-2018, 07:58 AM
Gotta go with whoever is playing well. No time for testing really. I assume ynlees Ware gets stonewalled we won't see him.much. hopefully Ware gets 15+ carries today

Ware should get that & more. Question is, who gets the relief duties?

Darrell or Damien. Then there is RB Moore on practice squad.

threebag
12-02-2018, 08:04 AM
It’s like GoChiefs dating cycle... next man up

Marcellus
12-02-2018, 08:07 AM
This is a crock of shit.

KChiefs1
12-02-2018, 08:23 AM

He should absolutely do this.

carcosa
12-02-2018, 08:26 AM
Damn. Kareem fucked up, but it sure feels like he's about to get sacrificed for the good of the shield and Goodell's reputation.

stevieray
12-02-2018, 08:28 AM
Damn. Kareem ****ed up, but it sure feels like he's about to get sacrificed for the good of the shield and Goodell's reputation.

This is on the NFL, supposedly they told the Chiefs to stop pursuing the video..and now 9 months later..it's come to this...again, this whole thing is sketchy at best.

SupDock
12-02-2018, 08:43 AM
This is on the NFL, supposedly they told the Chiefs to stop pursuing the video..and now 9 months later..it's come to this...again, this whole thing is sketchy at best.

He did lie about it though. It does beg the question though, what if they found out he lied before the season started?

Sure-Oz
12-02-2018, 08:44 AM
Chiefs were stock piling rbs like crazy in preseason too.makes you wonder

Chief Roundup
12-02-2018, 09:17 AM
Sounds like he is going to be on the exempt list then get a 6 game suspension for the altercation at his hotel and then a reoccurring/2cd offense suspension for the fight at the resort.
How many total games will he get suspended? 10 to 12 games?

notorious
12-02-2018, 09:26 AM

Like he has any say in this.

Easy 6
12-02-2018, 10:23 AM
Chiefs were stock piling rbs like crazy in preseason too.makes you wonder

I was thinking this exact thing, maybe they had a clue that things could go south...

Chris Meck
12-02-2018, 10:28 AM
I quite like Ware, always have.

I'm also kind of excited to see Darrel Williams. His video from LSU pre-draft looked impressive. He's a load.

vailpass
12-02-2018, 10:29 AM
He’s done before he ever made any $.
It’s a good thing he has that college education to fall back on.

notorious
12-02-2018, 10:29 AM
He’s done before he ever made any $.
It’s a good thing he has that college education to fall back on.

LMAO

Coach
12-02-2018, 10:32 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Multiple league executives expect former Chiefs’ RB Kareem Hunt to go unclaimed on waivers:<a href="https://t.co/1eOEDwCjxK">https://t.co/1eOEDwCjxK</a></p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1069267808205373440?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 2, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

synthesis2
12-02-2018, 10:35 AM
He is just too good ( top 3 RB) and too young and its too big of a carrot for teams not to " do their due diligence" and bring him. Just like fans of any team, and how we all were with Hill.

When we drafted Hill 90% plus of us were disgusted etc that we would draft such a malcontent. Then he does what he does on the field and 99% of the fans love the guy.

Hunts going to be in the same situation, I am 100% convinced he will play next year, even if he isn't claimed tomorrow he will play next year for a team and have a very good pro bowl career.

Clark should of stepped in and put him thru rehab etc and done it, not let another team do it. Stinks that he is such a pansy! I wish he would step down and let someone else in the family take over the franchise.

BossChief
12-02-2018, 11:21 AM
That second domestic likely gets him a ban.

He will need to apply to get off the exempt list, then get signed by a team that’s willing to wait for his suspension to end (if it’s only 6 games) before he can play.

If the league does penalize him for the 2nd domestic, he’s done till 2020. Probably at the minimum.

BlackHelicopters
12-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Kareem is a genius. Should be working on curing cancer, or sending men to Mars.

Chief Roundup
12-02-2018, 11:28 AM

He will need to apply to get off the exempt list, then get signed by a team that’s willing to wait for his suspension to end (if it’s only 6 games) before he can play.

If the league does penalize him for the 2nd domestic, he’s done till 2020. Probably at the minimum.

Just for clarification it is not a "Domestic". Domestic violence only happens between people that live under the same roof or have had a relationship. It is a simple assault that happens to be a woman.

KChiefs1
12-02-2018, 11:30 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Multiple league executives expect former Chiefs’ RB Kareem Hunt to go unclaimed on waivers:<a href="https://t.co/1eOEDwCjxK">https://t.co/1eOEDwCjxK</a></p>— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1069267808205373440?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 2, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

After watching all the pregame shows this morning, I would agree. A team that claims him will get raked over the coals.

Marcellus
12-02-2018, 11:37 AM
After watching all the pregame shows this morning, I would agree. A team that claims him will get raked over the coals.

Whats insane to me is the girl was not hurt. She wasn't close to being hurt.

Had Hunt's friends not held him back? Thats 100% speculation and last I knew you didn't ruin peoples careers speculating on what might have happened.

I have 2 daughters, and I wouldnt want either to end up in that scenario but I also wouldn't want either en acting like the chick did in the video as well.

She isn't just an innocent victim, she was part of the problem.

Hunt ****ed himself by lying to Clark and company but to ruin a guys career because a chick ended up with bruise on her ass cheek is out of control.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
12-02-2018, 11:43 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Report: NFL investigating second incident in which Kareem Hunt punched a man <a href="https://t.co/qgeVFqSV8W">https://t.co/qgeVFqSV8W</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1069191356948590592?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 2, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

staylor26
12-02-2018, 12:51 PM

Second domestic?

Neither were “domestic” and one was a man.

Bob Dole
12-02-2018, 12:56 PM
So the NFL can't get the video, the cops don't get the video, but 9 months later TMZ gets the video.

The whole fucking thing reeks. I'm not sure what it reeks of, but it's hinky as fuck.

Sassy Squatch
12-02-2018, 01:06 PM
So the NFL can't get the video, the cops don't get the video, but 9 months later TMZ gets the video.

The whole fucking thing reeks. I'm not sure what it reeks of, but it's hinky as fuck.
One thing I've found odd is how did TMZ have both the hallway footage and the bodycam footage? Did the "source" acquire the combined footage from 2 separate places?

BlackOp
12-02-2018, 01:07 PM

The whole ****ing thing reeks. I'm not sure what it reeks of, but it's hinky as ****.

Yeah..it narrows it down to a very VERY small amount of people with access to the hotel footage. Hotels are extremely secure with situations like this due to insurance/law suits/bad press....so that makes it even more suspicious.

This is a railroad...inside job.

I hope someone investigates TMZ...I'm wondering if the hotel could go after them. The footage is obviously stolen property that those tabloid parasites are using to profit from. How did they gain access to footage that neither the police or NFL couldn't...then drop a bombshell at the worst possible time for the Chiefs.

It damaging for the hotel...that footage of people staying there can be leaked to the fake press. Are they going to sell footage of politicians with hookers too?

NFL corporate now has all it's mouthpieces in full-on lynch mode....deliberate and premeditated distraction complete. They are turning it in to a circus...

tk13
12-02-2018, 01:17 PM

The whole ****ing thing reeks. I'm not sure what it reeks of, but it's hinky as ****.

Money talks. I actually do agree though that it doesn't seem like the NFL wanted to try very hard.

But I don't think there's some grand conspiracy here. Everyone's acting like the NFL and the police were acting in good faith. They were trying to avoid turning this into a big scene.

TMZ does not give a crap. They just want dirt on people to get clicks. That's what tabloids do. They paid off somebody and the tape was leaked. Simple as that.

tk13
12-02-2018, 01:21 PM
One thing I've found odd is how did TMZ have both the hallway footage and the bodycam footage? Did the "source" acquire the combined footage from 2 separate places?

I will say that's the only other alternative... there was just someone in the police department who thought the department was covering for Hunt and it was a bunch of BS so they just leaked the footage. But the fact they leaked it to TMZ strongly suggests they got paid off for it.

Otherwise they would have just leaked it to the local newspaper and that's that. It still becomes a story. You go to TMZ when you want cash. The reports were TMZ paid $15K for the Ray Rice video. There's zero doubt whoever leaked this made thousands, if not tens of thousands of dollars.

DTVietnam
12-02-2018, 01:23 PM
if this is a 12 game suspension given in the offseason..then basically its a its an 18 game suspension including this week and the playoffs..thats alot of football and wont be eligible until week 13 of 2019 ..

thats cutting into a short lifespan of a RB

plus 1.5 years not playing football and with a drinking problem this might end up being a sad 30 for 30

hope this kid can find a way out of this and use it to make some positive changes

penguinz
12-02-2018, 01:25 PM
Man. ****. I just really hope the guy gets a 2nd chance. He doesn’t deserve to lose his entire career IMO.He already has his second and third chances. Chiefs asked him multiple times for the truth and he lied each time. Then he goes on and punches a guy in the face 5 months later.

Chiefnj2
12-02-2018, 01:27 PM

My understanding is that TMZ obtained and released the body cam footage a while ago but no one cared.

Released in July
https://www.12up.com/posts/6120533-video-body-cam-of-kareem-hunt-police-incident-released

DTVietnam
12-02-2018, 01:27 PM
i really think the NFL had an off the record convo with the Chiefs giving them all this info..

so maybe in light of all this the Chiefs made the best move for the team as a whole. .

no pint in the Chiefs keeping him around for 1.5 years not playing and causing a distraction and then having to decide to give him a big contract or not..we have enough young superstars we have to pay . .and RB is the most replacable position. .

better off get rid of him right now..beat the sh** out of the Raiders and move on

Im the biggets Hunt fan and this sucks but he basically dug his own grave by making dumb choices . .

carcosa
12-02-2018, 02:12 PM
Second domestic?

Neither were “domestic” and one was a man.

yes tehank you