PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Kareem Hunt or Sammy Watkins?

JakeF
12-02-2018, 04:42 PM
Does our offense miss Kareem Hunt or Sammy Watkins more?

Chief3188
12-02-2018, 04:43 PM
Hunt easy. Mahomes makes the passing game dangerous but no one makes our running game that dangerous now.

Basileus777
12-02-2018, 04:45 PM
Watkins. Teams can much more easily roll their coverages when Hill and Kelce are the only real passing threats. Hunt was never dictating defensive alignments.

Rasputin
12-02-2018, 04:46 PM
Sammy because Kareem wont be back on this offense.

MahiMike
12-02-2018, 04:47 PM
Hunt for sure. We have plenty of receivers. We got dick for RB's.

Reerun_KC
12-02-2018, 04:48 PM
We’re one dimensional now. It’s painful to watch.

dj56dt58
12-02-2018, 04:56 PM
I'll put it this way..Clark fucked up. And where did this exemption shit come from? It used to be a suspension which you could appeal and keep playing during the appeal. All a bunch of bs imo

Hoover
12-02-2018, 04:57 PM
We are one dimensional today because our starting RB only got 10% of the snaps in practice this week and the backups got none.

We will be fine.

IowaHawkeyeChief
12-02-2018, 05:00 PM
How many interceptions did we miss against Elway over the years. They weren't drops as much as the heat that made them hard to catch...

RaidersOftheCellar
12-02-2018, 05:11 PM
135 rushing yards halfway through the 3rd quarter is one dimensional?

Reerun_KC
12-02-2018, 05:53 PM
We are one dimensional today because our starting RB only got 10% of the snaps in practice this week and the backups got none.

We will be fine.

Sounds like Fat Andy isn’t prepared.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
12-02-2018, 06:04 PM
It's actually Austin Reiter. Morse is an abortion for the running game. Nice hold, bitch.

BlackHelicopters
12-02-2018, 06:25 PM
I miss Faith Hill

JakeF
12-02-2018, 06:26 PM
I'll put it this way..Clark fucked up. And where did this exemption shit come from? It used to be a suspension which you could appeal and keep playing during the appeal. All a bunch of bs imo

I believe the exemption list was invented because the NFLPA refused to allow Hardy or Peterson to be disciplined after they beat the shit out of women.

Naptown Chief
12-03-2018, 12:50 AM
Sammy because Kareem wont be back on this offense.

Sad but true.

Naptown Chief
12-03-2018, 12:54 AM
Watkins. Teams can much more easily roll their coverages when Hill and Kelce are the only real passing threats. Hunt was never dictating defensive alignments.

My sentiments exactly. Sucks that Hunt is gone but we didn't rush all that much to begin with. Williams looked pretty good today, albeit against the Fade. Let's hold our judgments until after we've had more than 36 hours to create a game plan for Ware/Williams

BryanBusby
12-03-2018, 01:13 AM
What the fuck were they going to appeal? Good fucking god people LMAO

CaliforniaChief
12-03-2018, 01:13 AM
We scored 40 points.

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 08:47 AM
I believe the exemption list was invented because the NFLPA refused to allow Hardy or Peterson to be disciplined after they beat the shit out of women.

Yep.

It's been around for 2 or 3 years. It isn't new and Hunt is like the 5th player to be on it.

Sassy Squatch
12-03-2018, 08:49 AM
Clark Hunt fucked up? How about Kareem Hunt fucked up. Repeatedly.

El Jefe
12-03-2018, 08:49 AM

I agree with you. Watkins "when healthy" is a legit #1 receiver, and while yes Hunt is/was a beast, a #1 WR opens up way more looks for Hill and Kelce.

DJ's left nut
12-03-2018, 09:39 AM
Hunt and it's not close.

Hunt's value in the run game and his ability to force the edges AND play in the passing game added a dimension across the offense. You have Hill challenging out wide, Kelce in the seams and Hunt between the tackles and the short pass plays (with HR ability). We had a true 3 dimensional offense.

Watkins makes some things easier downfield, but he doesn't change the character of the entire offense. This was a 4-legged stool on offense that had a leg kicked out from under it. Watkins being down isn't a missing leg; is just maybe losing the foot off one; gives it a little bit of wobble but little else.

Hunts loss is far worse.

Mecca
12-03-2018, 10:00 AM

It's another one of those things where Goodell does whatever he wants. I'm sure that stuff will be a major issue in the next CBA.

Red Dawg
12-03-2018, 10:02 AM
135 rushing yards halfway through the 3rd quarter is one dimensional?

Mahomes yards dont count

TEX
12-03-2018, 10:13 AM
Mahomes yards dont count

Exactly. Ad He NEVER should lead the team in rushing. I want NO PART of Mahomes being factored in the rushing stats so heavily.

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 10:15 AM
Exactly. Ad He NEVER should lead the team in rushing. I want NO PART of Mahomes being factored in the rushing stats so heavily.

What should be is different than what is.

Mahomes rushing yards absolutely DO count.

If they don't, then all of the whinging about the Ravens over in the other thread is just hilarious.

DJ's left nut
12-03-2018, 10:20 AM

If they don't, then all of the whinging about the Ravens over in the other thread is just hilarious.

They don't count towards determining the efficacy of your running game. When Smith was going out there and running for 60 yards, were any of us eager to talk about how much better he made the rushing offense look? I suspect not.

When we talk about the running game yesterday we're looking for signs of sustainability and asking how predictive the game was. What we saw yesterday was not sustainable and we'd better hope it wasn't predictive.

I think it was. We saw what happens when your RB has no first step to speak of; Williams somehow looked much better than Ware. It was just a baaaaad sign for our running offense, regardless of how many total rush yards they put up.

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 10:21 AM
They don't count towards determining the efficacy of your running game. When Smith was going out there and running for 60 yards, were any of us eager to talk about how much better he made the rushing offense look? I suspect not.

When we talk about the running game yesterday we're looking for signs of sustainability and asking how predictive the game was. What we saw yesterday was not sustainable and we'd better hope it wasn't predictive.

I think it was. We saw what happens when your RB has no first step to speak of; Williams somehow looked much better than Ware. It was just a baaaaad sign for our running offense, regardless of how many total rush yards they put up.

Then I will submit that there's a whole lot of useless bellyaching going on in the thread about the Ravens. QB rushing yards don't equal an effective running game so the Ravens are absolutely screwed. Better let Debbie and the Downers know...

TEX
12-03-2018, 10:24 AM

I may not have been clear. I DONT want him to be counted on to lead the team in rushing, for fear of injury. I feel if that ever is the plan, then it's a very dumb plan IMO.

MIAdragon
12-03-2018, 10:27 AM
Can either play above average in the secondary?

oldman
12-03-2018, 10:34 AM
Based on yesterday's game alone, hands down Watkins. Had Ware and Williams X 2 received more (or in the case of Williams X 2, any) reps last week, our run game by RBs would have been better.

DJ's left nut
12-03-2018, 10:49 AM
Then I will submit that there's a whole lot of useless bellyaching going on in the thread about the Ravens. QB rushing yards don't equal an effective running game so the Ravens are absolutely screwed. Better let Debbie and the Downers know...

It does if it's part of your gameplan.

Are you going to suggest that Patrick Mahomes running the football ought be part of ours?

With Baltimore it matters because you know they're going to have Jackson running the football. If they want to subject their QB to that abuse, well bully for them. I damn sure am not inclined to do that with our boy and Reid isn't either.

Jackson gets designed runs. I'd say about 80% of Mahomes rush yards were not designed for him to run (he had a couple nice pulls on options that were). That's the distinction and it's a pretty clear one, IMO.

CoMoChief
12-03-2018, 10:52 AM
Hunt...not even close.

Hunt was also an extension in the passing game.

TomBarndtsTwin
12-03-2018, 10:59 AM
I guess Hunt, but not really either based on what I saw on Sunday.

With Mahomes as our QB and Reid's system, the weapons we still have our plenty good enough, and the average guy and/or brokedick player (Conley, Robinson, Ware) can be made to look a lot better than they really are.

I'll miss Hunt's ability to break tackles and his NEVER fumbling, but outside of that, meh. Watkins will be here this year and next and then cut, so he won't be around long anyway.

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 11:00 AM
I may not have been clear. I DONT want him to be counted on to lead the team in rushing, for fear of injury. I feel if that ever is the plan, then it's a very dumb plan IMO.

It wasn't even the plan yesterday, it just happened.

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 11:01 AM
It does if it's part of your gameplan.

Are you going to suggest that Patrick Mahomes running the football ought be part of ours?

With Baltimore it matters because you know they're going to have Jackson running the football. If they want to subject their QB to that abuse, well bully for them. I damn sure am not inclined to do that with our boy and Reid isn't either.

Jackson gets designed runs. I'd say about 80% of Mahomes rush yards were not designed for him to run (he had a couple nice pulls on options that were). That's the distinction and it's a pretty clear one, IMO.

Patrick Mahomes being a THREAT to rush absolutely is part of the gameplan. Him being the leading rusher on the team certainly isn't.

Both are also true of the Ravens, by the way.

DJ's left nut
12-03-2018, 11:13 AM
Patrick Mahomes being a THREAT to rush absolutely is part of the gameplan. Him being the leading rusher on the team certainly isn't.

Both are also true of the Ravens, by the way.

Nobody is spying Patrick Mahomes. Teams are spying Lamar Jackson.

There's a clear distinction. Mahomes legs have little/no impact on how teams defend us. Lamar Jackson's legs don't just impact the opposing gameplan, they dictate it.

That's the difference. If I'm an opposing DC right now, I just throw rush defense concerns out. I simply don't care - I take anything with 8 in the box and trash it. I play with 7 in the box only on 3rd downs. I'd spend almost my entire game in Nickel or worse and DARE Reid to bank on Spencer Ware getting his shoulders turned and knifing through a hole. He damn sure showed no ability to do that against the worst run defense in football on Sunday.

Basileus777
12-03-2018, 11:17 AM

There's a clear distinction. Mahomes legs have little/no impact on how teams defend us. Lamar Jackson's legs don't just impact the opposing gameplan, they dictate it.

That's the difference. If I'm an opposing DC right now, I just throw rush defense concerns out. I simply don't care - I take anything with 8 in the box and trash it. I play with 7 in the box only on 3rd downs. I'd spend almost my entire game in Nickel or worse and DARE Reid to bank on Spencer Ware getting his shoulders turned and knifing through a hole. He damn sure showed no ability to do that against the worst run defense in football on Sunday.
Teams were already playing the Chiefs this way.

FloridaMan88
12-03-2018, 11:19 AM
Hunt...not even close.

Hunt was also an extension in the passing game.

This.

The Chiefs weren't exactly a great rushing team with Hunt and they can still manufacture a decent enough running game with the likes of Ware/Williams and throw in an occasional gadget/option play with Hill/Mahomes.

They'll miss Hunt the most in the passing/screen game.

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 11:20 AM

That's because Patrick Mahomes can put the ball on a dime from the opposite 30-yard line. Defenses can afford to gameplay for Jackson's legs because that's all he has. There's a reason the Chiefs run so much RPO.

They prepped for this Raiders game for TWO WEEKS. Ware found out he was the starter late on FRIDAY. This is a guy who had almost identical numbers to Hunt before the injury. You're getting infected with Planetitis.

SuperBowl4
12-03-2018, 11:24 AM
I'll put it this way..Clark ****ed up. And where did this exemption shit come from? It used to be a suspension which you could appeal and keep playing during the appeal. All a bunch of bs imoKareem Hunt did this to himself. How do you keep trying to spin this even after KH said the CHIEFS did the right thing by releasing him? Think about it. :banghead:

DJ's left nut
12-03-2018, 11:31 AM
Teams were already playing the Chiefs this way.

And Hunt would beat them with it. And after awhile, they'd pull a safety up, give Hill that single-high look and he'd torch them.

Did you see any single-high this week? I didn't. Ware couldn't even begin to punish them for playing back. Some want to say that Watkins is why Hill struggled but Hill's target's and production haven't generally slipped at all with Watkins off the field.

Meanwhile he was a virtual non-factor in the passing game yesterday apart from a drop and a missed shot downfield. Hunt's absence hurt him in a big way and will continue to do so, IMO. We'll play defenses that can scheme him out while not being so bad over the middle that Kelce can murder them like Oakland.

Oakland suuuuuucks, gents. And we were essentially left with playing 2-man football anyway.

That's a bad bad sign.

The Franchise
12-03-2018, 11:32 AM
And Hunt would beat them with it. And after awhile, they'd pull a safety up, give Hill that single-high look and he'd torch them.

Did you see any single-high this week? I didn't. Ware couldn't even begin to punish them for playing back. Some want to say that Watkins is why Hill struggled but Hill's target's and production haven't generally slipped at all with Watkins off the field.

Meanwhile he was a virtual non-factor in the passing game yesterday apart from a drop and a missed shot downfield. Hunt's absence hurt him in a big way and will continue to do so, IMO. We'll play defenses that can scheme him out while not being so bad over the middle that Kelce can murder them like Oakland.

Oakland suuuuuucks, gents. And we were essentially left with playing 2-man football anyway.

That's a bad bad sign.

It seemed to me that Damien Williams was doing way more with this snaps.....than what Ware was doing with his.

DJ's left nut
12-03-2018, 11:34 AM
Ware found out he was the starter late on FRIDAY. This is a guy who had almost identical numbers to Hunt before the injury. You're getting infected with Planetitis.

If you've watched Ware run the ball and think he's remotely capable of 'almost identical numbers' in a similar role, I just don't know what to say.

Ware is a good backup RB and nothing more. I suspect the FA market will bare that out this offseason. He's essentially CJ Anderson and Anderson's been a street FA for a bit now (who could sadly be an upgrade on Ware).

That says something and it ain't good.

Your point w/r/t gameplan cuts both ways. It PROVES that they can't do with Ware what they did with Hunt. And what they did with Hunt is what they preferred to do, otherwise he wouldn't have been the starter. Hunt and the offense with him in it was an obvious Plan A. Now there are ways they can manipulate the offense to make Ware more effective, but that means they're on Plan B there. They aren't doing exactly what they'd like to be doing.

It again gets back to the holistic impact the loss of Hunt has on this offense. If you take the gamplan that had Hunt in it and drop Ware in it, Ware simply isn't very good.

DJ's left nut
12-03-2018, 11:35 AM
It seemed to me that Damien Williams was doing way more with this snaps.....than what Ware was doing with his.

A lot more. Because Williams could get himself upfield quickly enough to get to the first line before it closed. Ware just looked so unbelievably slow.

The Franchise
12-03-2018, 11:37 AM
A lot more. Because Williams could get himself upfield quickly enough to get to the first line before it closed. Ware just looked so unbelievably slow.

Which is why I'd basically put Williams at 1A and Ware at 1B. Reid wants to make the short passing game an extension of the run game. Well, Williams is the RB for that.

Honestly...I'd be fine if we went into next season with Damien Williams and Darryl Williams as our top two RBs.

ChiefBlueCFC
12-03-2018, 11:37 AM
Sammy does a lot for the offense and Spencer Ware is a good running back, but Kareem was a top 5 rb in the league and its going to be difficult replacing what he brought to the offense. That being said, I think Ware, Williams and Williams and West/Anderson can do a decent enough job the rest of the way to get us through.

What will be interesting is how they address the position in the off-season. I highly doubt they go after Bell, because that's a shit ton of money to invest in that position and there are good backs in the draft. I wouldn't be surprised if they roll with West and the Williams and draft a guy. The kid from Memphis would be nice addition. Seems to be very similar along the lines of the type of back KH was/is.

Chiefnj2
12-03-2018, 11:41 AM
People complaining about the exemption don't realize it helped KC. It meant Hunt couldn't have played against KC this year. That's why KC waited for the league to act before they released Hunt.

Mecca
12-03-2018, 11:43 AM
People complaining about the exemption don't realize it helped KC. It meant Hunt couldn't have played against KC this year. That's why KC waited for the league to act before they released Hunt.

It only helped because they were releasing him, in a situation where you don't plan to do that it basically tacks games onto a suspension turning 6 into 10 or something like that.

DJ's left nut
12-03-2018, 11:43 AM
Which is why I'd basically put Williams at 1A and Ware at 1B. Reid wants to make the short passing game an extension of the run game. Well, Williams is the RB for that.

Honestly...I'd be fine if we went into next season with Damien Williams and Darryl Williams as our top two RBs.

I'm kindof a Jordan Scarlett in the 2nd or 3rd round guy at the moment. I don't think he'll fall late enough in the 3rd so I may use that spare 2nd on him. I'd need to see a little more and get a better feel for the character stuff but I like him. He's a fast back (not elite, but can definitely take one all the way if he finds a seam) and is very stout; good balance at the point of contact.

I don't think Darrel has the speed to be more than a better version of Ware; we'd be in a true RBBC setting which telegraphs the offense sometimes. I'd rather have a guy like Scarlett if we're confident he's not a miscreant. But then again, he's a Gater runningback with a criminal record so yeah, he's probably a miscreant.

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 12:04 PM
If you've watched Ware run the ball and think he's remotely capable of 'almost identical numbers' in a similar role, I just don't know what to say.

Ware is a good backup RB and nothing more. I suspect the FA market will bare that out this offseason. He's essentially CJ Anderson and Anderson's been a street FA for a bit now (who could sadly be an upgrade on Ware).

That says something and it ain't good.

Your point w/r/t gameplan cuts both ways. It PROVES that they can't do with Ware what they did with Hunt. And what they did with Hunt is what they preferred to do, otherwise he wouldn't have been the starter. Hunt and the offense with him in it was an obvious Plan A. Now there are ways they can manipulate the offense to make Ware more effective, but that means they're on Plan B there. They aren't doing exactly what they'd like to be doing.

It again gets back to the holistic impact the loss of Hunt has on this offense. If you take the gamplan that had Hunt in it and drop Ware in it, Ware simply isn't very good.

And they still scored 40 points. It. Just. Doesn't. Matter. Much.

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 12:05 PM
It only helped because they were releasing him, in a situation where you don't plan to do that it basically tacks games onto a suspension turning 6 into 10 or something like that.

He was going to the exempt list regardless. He'll be there until the investigation is finished, which the NFL has said will likely be during the offseason. THEN he'll be suspended 6 (or more) games.

He wasn't ever playing for the Chiefs again regardless.

DJ's left nut
12-03-2018, 12:18 PM
And they still scored 40 points. It. Just. Doesn't. Matter. Much.

Nothing matters much against the Raiders. The Raiders suck horribly.

But it's gonna matter against teams that don't.

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 12:21 PM

And when it does matter, this team will play different. They have ALL season.

Ming the Merciless
12-03-2018, 12:23 PM
Hunt , for sure....young guy with top tier talent.....had the feeling he was going to be pivotal in the playoffs. Super disappointing...I mean...what more can you say?

Losing him is awful....and I don't want to be TOO negative but I feel like we could recover from losing watkins, but Hunt...? That is a huge blow...

O.city
12-03-2018, 12:26 PM
Looking at it that way though, even if they'd have kept him, I'm not sure he's gonna play much for them again anyway.

If he's on the list all this year, then gets say, 10 games suspended next year, you'd be looking at having him for 20 ish more games on his rookie deal. They obviously weren't going to resign him after this so, fuck.

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 12:29 PM
Looking at it that way though, even if they'd have kept him, I'm not sure he's gonna play much for them again anyway.

If he's on the list all this year, then gets say, 10 games suspended next year, you'd be looking at having him for 20 ish more games on his rookie deal. They obviously weren't going to resign him after this so, fuck.

Yep.

DJ's left nut
12-03-2018, 12:35 PM

If he stays on the list this season and through the playoffs, he'd have been clean next year. Morever, if my memory serves (as it applied to Randy Gregory and Josh Gordon), games spent on the suspended list don't accrue towards FA. As such, there's a good chance he'd have ended up an Restricted Free Agent because his contract would've run before he was eligible for unrestricted free agency and the Chiefs would've gotten an additional cheap year of him.

I'm not entirely convinced he wouldn't have ended up playoff eligible. The league is REALLY reticent to suspend someone for the post-season. He'd have been suspended for the last 5 weeks of the season (via the exempt list and an actual suspension) and he'd have been fined whatever amount he made during his stay on the exempt list to effectively make it a 5 game unpaid suspension.

Even if he wouldn't have played again this year, there's no way this would've been around him next year as well. And everyone will have forgotten about it by then as he came into the season with a fresh start.

It was a rash decision from Clark and an incredibly stupid one long-term. It's going to cost us draft capital, FA$ and/or both at t a time where we can ill afford to burn either of them given the extensions we need to offer and/or picks we need to use to backfill those we can't extend. Hell, we need basic improvements on this roster.

It was shortsighted, petty and foolish.

O.city
12-03-2018, 12:38 PM
If he stays on the list this season and through the playoffs, he'd have been clean next year. Morever, if my memory serves (as it applied to Randy Gregory and Josh Gordon), games spent on the suspended list don't accrue towards FA. As such, there's a good chance he'd have ended up an Restricted Free Agent because his contract would've run before he was eligible for unrestricted free agency and the Chiefs would've gotten an additional cheap year of him.

I'm not entirely convinced he wouldn't have ended up playoff eligible. The league is REALLY reticent to suspend someone for the post-season. He'd have been suspended for the last 5 weeks of the season (via the exempt list and an actual suspension) and he'd have been fined whatever amount he made during his stay on the exempt list to effectively make it a 5 game unpaid suspension.

Even if he wouldn't have played again this year, there's no way this would've been around him next year as well. And everyone will have forgotten about it by then as he came into the season with a fresh start.

It was a rash decision from Clark and an incredibly stupid one long-term. It's going to cost us draft capital, FA$ and/or both at t a time where we can ill afford to burn either of them given the extensions we need to offer and/or picks we need to use to backfill those we can't extend. Hell, we need basic improvements on this roster.

Everything I've read says they won't complete their investigation until after the season is complete. I just don't see him playing for a while next year, based on what Terez said but I could be reading it wrong.

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 12:39 PM
If he stays on the list this season and through the playoffs, he'd have been clean next year.

The NFL said he'd be on the exempt list until the investigation is complete, which will likely be during the offseason. He was going to be stuck in limbo for the rest of this season and facing a suspension next year.

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 12:39 PM
Everything I've read says they won't complete their investigation until after the season is complete. I just don't see him playing for a while next year, based on what Terez said but I could be reading it wrong.

Exactly.

According to the articles I've seen, the NFL said he'd be on the list until the investigation wraps up, which they EXPECT to be during the offseason.

O.city
12-03-2018, 12:40 PM

Yeah, I dunno man. I get it.

It definitely sucks from a team and fan perspective, but when he straight up told them one thing and we come to see a video of that obviously not being true, it was pretty much a done deal.

Add that to the other incident and I think he's gonna be suspended a lot longer than you're thinking.

The Franchise
12-03-2018, 12:41 PM
Exactly.

According to the articles I've seen, the NFL said he'd be on the list until the investigation wraps up, which they EXPECT to be during the offseason.

Question. Wouldn't the NFL be able to skip the investigation if Hunt comes out and admits that he did everything. I mean it's on video....there's nothing to refute it.

DJ's left nut
12-03-2018, 12:42 PM
The NFL said he'd be on the exempt list until the investigation is complete, which will likely be during the offseason. He was going to be stuck in limbo for the rest of this season and facing a suspension next year.

They aren't just going to ignore his 'time served' if they'd have sat him for 5 weeks and the post-season.

That's ENORMOUS.

They'd have fined him and let him off for time served, IMO.

The Franchise
12-03-2018, 12:43 PM
I believe the deadline for a team to claim him is 1 PM PST today....so we'll see if anything happens on that end.

DJ's left nut
12-03-2018, 12:44 PM
Question. Wouldn't the NFL be able to skip the investigation if Hunt comes out and admits that he did everything. I mean it's on video....there's nothing to refute it.

Schefter said that was his original plan. Admit wrongdoing, accept the suspension and essentially look to have it out of the way this year.

Not being on a roster pretty much put an end to that plan.

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 12:44 PM

It definitely sucks from a team and fan perspective, but when he straight up told them one thing and we come to see a video of that obviously not being true, it was pretty much a done deal.

Add that to the other incident and I think he's gonna be suspended a lot longer than you're thinking.

Yep.

Sometimes life is bigger than football.

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 12:46 PM
They aren't just going to ignore his 'time served' if they'd have sat him for 5 weeks and the post-season.

That's ENORMOUS.

They'd have fined him and let him off for time served, IMO.

Dude assaulted someone (on VIDEO no less) AND lied about it. The NFL is going to have a field day with it.

He wasn't going to play.

DJ's left nut
12-03-2018, 12:46 PM

Why don't developed nations make a habit of executing POWs? Because if you keep executing them, you just won't have POW's anymore, you'll have enemy combatants who kill as many of you as they can before dying. They know they're fucked either way.

When you operate under the erratic, inconsistent and draconian hand of the Ginger Hammer, why should ANYONE be surprised when a player lies? If they're just gonna make you dig a trench and then shoot you when you're standing in it either way, might as hope to get a few rounds off and vanish into the woods instead...

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 12:48 PM
It just doesn't matter if you think it is justified (the kicking OR the lying). He did it, he got caught, and it is what it is.

You might say what the Chiefs did was hasty. You could also make a case it was inevitable. We'll never know for sure because if there's one thing the NFL is good at, it's making sure we never understand what really happened.

scho63
12-03-2018, 12:49 PM
Hunt for sure. Teams feared him and they don't Watkins.

Mahomes they fear, Kelce they fear, Tyreek they fear. Not Watkins.

O.city
12-03-2018, 12:50 PM
Why don't developed nations make a habit of executing POWs? Because if you keep executing them, you just won't have POW's anymore, you'll have enemy combatants who kill as many of you as they can before dying. They know they're ****ed either way.

When you operate under the erratic, inconsistent and draconian hand of the Ginger Hammer, why should ANYONE be surprised when a player lies? If they're just gonna make you dig a trench and then shoot you when you're standing in it either way, might as hope to get a few rounds off and vanish into the woods instead...

Sure.

But if you keep excusing that behavior, at some point, you kind of get what you get in terms of a locker room.

staylor26
12-03-2018, 12:53 PM

To be fair, the Chargers for example, put up 20 and 26 against the Raiders.

The offense still looked unstoppable any way you put it.

Basileus777
12-03-2018, 01:04 PM
There's simply not enough of a sample size to judge the running game post-Hunt yet. Some people are just projecting their fears onto a game where there wasn't a ton of evidence that Hunt's absence was a massive issue.

And Hunt fucked the team, not the other way around. He wasn't going to play again this year regardless.

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 01:04 PM
There's simply not enough of a sample size to judge the running game post-Hunt yet. Some people are just projecting their fears onto a game where there wasn't a ton of evidence that Hunt's absence was a massive issue.

Yep.

Mecca
12-03-2018, 01:11 PM

I agree with this post, they made a PR move not a football move.

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 01:12 PM
I agree with this post, they made a PR move not a football move.

As if that makes it wrong.

JakeF
12-03-2018, 01:14 PM
Hunt for sure. Teams feared him and they don't Watkins.

Mahomes they fear, Kelce they fear, Tyreek they fear. Not Watkins.

Teams most certainly do fear Sammy Watkins. He forces the coverage to be evenly spread and not just focused on Hill and Kelces. Our passing game is clean and smooth with Watkins healthy and on the field.

Hunt also forces defenses to play the field more honestly. He also is a major weapon coming out of the backfield and catching passes.

When Watkins got hurt the change to our offense was noticeable even with Hunt still around. Having Hunt and Watkins both gone really hurts.

The entire team is being dumped on the shoulders of Mahomes.

The Franchise
12-03-2018, 01:19 PM
I'll just leave this here.

But as it turned out, the Chiefs passed on about 56% of their snaps on Sunday. Only twice this season — in Week 1 and Week 2 against the Los Angeles Chargers and Pittsburgh Steelers — did they pass on a smaller percentage of their plays.

And the Chiefs gained more yards on the ground — 174 — than any game this season except against the Cincinnati Bengals.

Does that mean I was wrong? It might. Or it might not.

Through the first three quarters, the Chiefs were leading 33-16. Up to that point, they had passed on 61% of their offensive snaps. In the fourth quarter, they passed on just 41%. So you could argue that the strategy that put the Raiders away depended more heavily on the pass.

Further, a big chunk of the rushing yardage came from two outliers — a Patrick Mahomes scramble that gained 28 yards, along with a 33-yard end-around from Tyreek Hill.

Hunt and Ware combined for 4.7 yards a carry through 11 games. Ware and Williams combined for 5.0 against the Raiders.
Spencer Ware’s rushing numbers actually weren’t very good on Sunday. He had just 47 yards on 14 carries — just 3.4 yards per attempt. Those aren’t impressive numbers. It would be pretty easy to look at them and say, “Oh, boy! We’re in trouble!”

But it might be more instructive to compare what the Chiefs have done this season with Hunt and Ware together with what Ware and Damien Williams did together against Oakland. When you look at it that way, Hunt and Ware combined for 4.7 yards a carry through 11 games. Ware and Williams combined for 5.0 against the Raiders.

TEX
12-03-2018, 02:06 PM

I'll just leave this here:

SAMPLE SIZE

Mama Hip Rockets
12-03-2018, 02:08 PM
We’re one dimensional now. It’s painful to watch.

You know we're getting spoiled when 40 points is "painful to watch."

suzzer99
12-03-2018, 02:20 PM
So I guess no one signed Kareem, or would we know?

FloridaMan88
12-03-2018, 02:59 PM

It was pretty obvious that Andy Reid was almost forcing the issue with the running game yesterday.

Radar Chief
12-03-2018, 03:15 PM

Considering they had, like, uh day to shift the scheme to a running back that hasn't taken full practice reps with the first team yet this season, I thought they did ok.