PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Let's talk about the Ravens.

Pages : [1] 2 3

Direckshun
12-03-2018, 12:34 AM
The Ravens are a uniquely weird team in Week 14 of the NFL season.

They're weird because their QB position is a great unknown.

Joe Flacco is, of course, the world's most underwhelming Super Bowl MVP, and has sucked this year. We know who he is, we have millions of hours of underwhelming tape to depressingly watch. And he returned to practice this week, but did not play, Eric Berry style.

But that might change. He may see the field.

Which is interesting, because their backup QB, Lamar Jackson, a 1st round selection by the Ravens (albeit with the 32nd pick), is a very weird player. He runs, and runs, and runs with the ball. His completion percentage is a not-terrible 60%. And he's only played three weeks, so tape on him is slim.

We know this: he is fast, he is not afraid to run the ball, and he's a damn gazelle when he does.

The good news: we can probably spy him. His weapons are bleak. Alex Collins is his #1 RB, and he's averaging 3.6 yards a carry. His #1 receiver is John Brown, who initially looked like Tyreek Hill when he first hit the league, but has since statistically slowed down and is now just a good receiver with very difficult speed to account for. Michael Crabtree is their #2 alongside Willie Snead, and Tyreek Hill has more yardage than both of those guys combined, but Crabtree has had good games against us in the past.

As a result, the Ravens are still somehow 13th in the league in yardage, they are averaging 25 points a game.

The Ravens have good pass protection, as they've only given up like 25 sacks or something like that. Ronnie Stanley is their LT.

But really, the Ravens offense wins by trying to run the ball, passing decently, and then letting Lamar Jackson get creative.

As far as the defense is concerned.................. biggest test of the year right here folks.

#1 rated defense in yardage (they're allowing under 300 yards/game).
#1 rated defense in points (they're allowing 17 points/game).

I think it's safe to say we're going to beat those averages but they should still slow us down pretty significantly. I don't know if Patty will have another 4 TD game here.

The Ravens get good pressure on the QB -- they're 9th in the league in sacks, and the pressure comes from everywhere. Suggs has always played well against us but he only has 5.5 this year. They blitz a good amount.

Simply put, the Ravens pass defense will be the biggest challenge Mahomes faces all year. They're allowing under 200 yards passing all season. Eric Weddle is a goddamn general at the back of their defense, and they've got a solid corner or two despite the fact that none of their corners are true ballhawks. Brandon Carr will make a rare appearance against the Chiefs, which is whatever, but he's apparently playing well.

The Ravens have a mean defensive line, and maybe the meanest NT in the league in Brandon Williams. I'm willing to bet they drop everyone in coverage, smother Kelce, and dare Spencer Ware to beat their DL. That's a very tall order, and I don't think our run game is up to the challenge. Mahomes will need to tap every ounce of his MVP talent to get yardage.

In special teams, they have arguably the greatest kicker in modern NFL history in Justin Tucker. They've had one punt return for a TD.

They're 7-5. They're on a three game win streak. Lamar Jackson has started all three games.

Their wins: Bills, Broncos, @Steelers, @Titans, Bengals (no Dalton), Raiders, @Falcons
Losses: @Bengals (Dalton), @Browns, Saints, @Panthers, Steelers

That schedule is all over the place. They beat Pitt in Pitt, but pathetically lose to the Browns. The most damning game on the schedule is the Saints game, where they only lost by a point.

How is this team so good? I've asked before. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318415) They have no elite talent on offense and are still racking up yardage and point. They have a damn good defense but don't intercept the ball and they don't have any sack masters like the Chiefs do.

What is going on?

Best22
12-03-2018, 12:36 AM
31-23 Chiefs

TribalElder
12-03-2018, 12:36 AM
Their defense can be raw

T sizzle

Hope we beat them handily with no personnel losses because short week chargers

suzzer99
12-03-2018, 12:40 AM
I think we win behind the home crowd pumping up our defense to not totally suck.

Basileus777
12-03-2018, 12:40 AM
If Watkins plays we put up 30+ on that D. They are ranked 5th in defensive DVOA, so they are good. But Denver is ranked higher and they know us better, and we still beat that ass.

Direckshun
12-03-2018, 12:43 AM
Watkins isn't even practicing. I'm starting to worry a bit on the Sammy front.

I know he'll be back for the playoffs but we're doing to need him at home against the Chargers and against the Seahawks.

mr. tegu
12-03-2018, 12:47 AM
They’re fine but they are just an average team that beats other average or below average teams. Nothing to worry about. We beat them by 10+ points and clinch the division the following week.

Bump
12-03-2018, 01:14 AM
really good defense and Lamar Jackson seems to be making plays.

Who was really the first team to figure out Michael Vick and shut him down completely? It was Andy Reid's Eagles in the championship game after the Falcons beat the Packers and that was a huge upset. Hopefully we can do the same here.

Titty Meat
12-03-2018, 01:28 AM

I know he'll be back for the playoffs but we're doing to need him at home against the Chargers and against the Seahawks.

Why would you worry? Hes had foot problems since his sophomore year @ Clemson. Next year he will male 19 mil. If Dorsey was crucified for big contracts to injured players Veach should be as well. Atleast those injured guys were our own.

As for the Ravens the game plan should be to stack the box to take away the run and keep Jackson in the pocket to make him beat us with the pass.

TinyEvel
12-03-2018, 01:33 AM
A team that scores 25 points a game with decent receivers will score about 38 against our D.

I know Ravens have been all over the place. If this was on the road I would say odds are we lose. After watching the lame Raiders score 33 on us while turning the ball over three times, it's hard to be super confident about this game.

I am so down on this Chiefs secondary and the linebackers... Our Offense will have to score 40+ each game through the rest of the season (and more than that during the playoffs) if we are going too get to the big game.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
12-03-2018, 02:28 AM
Alex Collins is on IR I believe

suzzer99
12-03-2018, 02:36 AM

I think they're trying to make sure he's ready for the playoffs. They didn't think they'd need him for the Raiders, and even w/o the surprise loss of Hunt they were right.

I'd guess Watkins and Berry make an appearance next week.

Hammock Parties
12-03-2018, 06:09 AM
Sutton is good against inexperienced QBs.

This won't be a problem. Chiefs by 2 TDs.

Deberg_1990
12-03-2018, 06:42 AM
Ravens D and ball control keep them
In the game.

Ravens 30
Chiefs 33

St. Patty's Fire
12-03-2018, 06:44 AM
A team that scores 25 points a game with decent receivers will score about 38 against our D.

I know Ravens have been all over the place. If this was on the road I would say odds are we lose. After watching the lame Raiders score 33 on us while turning the ball over three times, it's hard to be super confident about this game.

I am so down on this Chiefs secondary and the linebackers... Our Offense will have to score 40+ each game through the rest of the season (and more than that during the playoffs) if we are going too get to the big game.

If this was a road game, I’d agree, but we’ve managed to do well defensively on home field. Jackson has added a cool new wrinkle to Baltimore’s offense but the dude is more a runner than a passer. There will be opportunities for picks. And if the Ravens turn the ball over in this game, they’ll have zero - ZERO - chance.

Hammock Parties
12-03-2018, 06:52 AM
Atlanta's defense is trash and Jackson had 125 yards passing.

Sassy Squatch
12-03-2018, 06:57 AM
Raiders offense is trash and the Chiefs defense gave up 26 2nd half points to them.

Hammock Parties
12-03-2018, 06:59 AM
Raiders offense is trash and the Chiefs defense gave up 26 2nd half points to them.

Jackson has 2 TD in 3 games, completing less than 60 percent.

We stop the run we win.

Sassy Squatch
12-03-2018, 07:09 AM

We stop the run we win.
Haha, that's a good one. 171 yards given up to the fucking Raiders. Carr had 13 TDs over 11 games. We gave up 3 to him. This defense is atrocious.

wheeler08
12-03-2018, 07:14 AM
I’d much rather see Flacco play than Lamar Jackson. He could run for days on us. But I think the home crowd is the difference maker here. Chiefs by 7

jaa1025
12-03-2018, 07:42 AM
Since this is a home game, I'm not worried. Chiefs defense is actually very good at home.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-03-2018, 07:43 AM
At home, I’ll take Kansas City. Need to see the QB before picking a score.

Reerun_KC
12-03-2018, 07:45 AM
I’m looking forward to the SD Chargers. We will crush The Ravens.

TimBone
12-03-2018, 07:47 AM
After watching our defense against the Raiders, I think the Chiefs drop this one.

Hammock Parties
12-03-2018, 08:09 AM
Haha, that's a good one. 171 yards given up to the fucking Raiders. Carr had 13 TDs over 11 games. We gave up 3 to him. This defense is atrocious.

Carr isn't abysmal this season. Just kind of meh. He's completing 70 percent of his passes.

Jackson isn't a threat as a passer at this point. His QBR is terrible.

If we lose it will be because of run D.

Flying High D
12-03-2018, 08:15 AM
Is our D getting worse?

staylor26
12-03-2018, 08:18 AM
After watching our defense against the Raiders, I think the Chiefs drop this one.

Lol yea because our defense is the same on the road as it is at home

:rolleyes:

Red Dawg
12-03-2018, 08:18 AM
No game is a lock for us. Defense is garbage. You think Rivers won't light up? Wilson will as well. Offense has to do it all.

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 08:19 AM

After watching this defense AND offense against the Raiders, it's obvious they just wanted to get the game over with.

They aren't losing at home to the Ravens.

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 08:20 AM
No game is a lock for us. Defense is garbage. You think Rivers won't light up? Wilson will as well. Offense has to do it all.

I'll bet you were one of the ones predicting a Chargers blowout in LA, right?

ROFL

Sassy Squatch
12-03-2018, 08:20 AM

:rolleyes:
Yeah, our defense has never collapsed at home in important games.

staylor26
12-03-2018, 08:25 AM
Yeah, our defense has never collapsed at home in important games.

Lol yea because THAT’S what I was saying

Anybody that can’t see the difference in the 2018 defense at home vs. on the road is fucking clueless, sorry.

terp1976
12-03-2018, 08:27 AM
Hello Chiefs fan. I am reading this thread and the only thing I would add is with Flacco we would lose by 20+ because we cant covert third downs with him. With Lamar its a different ballgame and the time of possession is a huge factor. Yesterday the ravens had the ball for 13 minutes in the third qtr and 10 minutes in the 4th. Only shot we have is to hope that we can keep the Chief's offense on the sideline. Hope its a competitive game!

carcosa
12-03-2018, 08:31 AM
Chiefs will win.

Sassy Squatch
12-03-2018, 08:33 AM
Lol yea because THAT’S what I was saying

Anybody that can’t see the difference in the 2018 defense at home vs. on the road is fucking clueless, sorry.
LMAO "But guys, they've been so good at home in 2018! They went let us down. :)"

Newsflash: We haven't played an offense worth fucking shit at Arrowhead yet this season.

49ers
Jaguars
Broncos
Bengals
Cardinals

I'm supposed to be impressed that we've stopped such titans of offense at home? LMAOROFLLMAOROFLLMAO

Frosty
12-03-2018, 08:37 AM
I watched the Atlanta game yesterday. Baltimore's offense is basically the triple option. Jackson's passes were mainly him running around until someone got open. He also put the ball on the ground a couple of times, once by just dropping it while scrambling.

Baltimore's D looked legit. They would stack the line almost every down and either bring everyone or drop into coverage underneath. If Atlanta picked them up, the underneath stuff, particularly to the TE, was wide open. They looked vulnerable to crossing patterns and draw plays. They also rake at the ball every tackle and forced a lot of drops because of it.

That's all based off yesterday, though. Atlanta has a good offense but they aren't very good overall. I would rather face Flacco because I think Ford and Houston could get to him easier. Jackson worries me because the Chiefs' d has been fairly vulnerable to QB runs.

staylor26
12-03-2018, 08:40 AM
LMAO "But guys, they've been so good at home in 2018! They went let us down. :)"

Newsflash: We haven't played an offense worth ****ing shit at Arrowhead yet this season.

49ers
Jaguars
Broncos
Bengals
Cardinals

I'm supposed to be impressed that we've stopped such titans of offense at home? LMAOROFLLMAOROFLLMAO

Yea because the Ravens offense is any better

I’m not saying the defense won’t possibly cost us against an offense like the Chargers at home, but the Ravens? Give me a ****ing break.

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 08:42 AM

Im not saying the defense won’t cost us against an offense like the Chargers at home, but the Ravens? Give me a fucking break.

:clap:

Sassy Squatch
12-03-2018, 08:44 AM

I’m not saying the defense won’t possibly cost us against an offense like the Chargers at home, but the Ravens? Give me a ****ing break.
They gave up 26 points in a half to one of the worst offensive units in football.

smithandrew051
12-03-2018, 08:45 AM
The Ravens only managed 1 Offensive TD and 4 field goals against Atlanta. I don’t see their offense keeping up with ours unless we turn the ball over.

At the end of the day, we have the better QB, coach, and we’re at home. I don’t care about margin of victory at all.

old_geezer
12-03-2018, 08:45 AM
Let me first say I love the fact that we have Mahomes as our QB. He is far exceeding my expectations for his first year as a starter. However yesterday I thought he looked more like the rookie he actually is instead of the polished QB he will eventually become. Oakland missed 2 (more like 3) golden opportunities for interceptions and Pat seemed to miss several very open receivers. He is a first year starter and he's going to have games like this on occasion (295 yards and 4 TDs is one hell of an impressive off game) so I do worry more than I should. Just chalk it up to a long suffering Chief's fan having troubles shaking off the past.

Marcellus
12-03-2018, 08:54 AM
Chiefs open as 8.5pt favorites.

Opening line: Chiefs, -8.5 points

Although the Chiefs have been the best AFC team at covering the spread this year (8-3-1), they're 0-1 ATS without Kareem Hunt. They're also just 1-3-1 ATS in their past five games. As for the Ravens, they've won three in a row since Lamar Jackson took over as starting quarterback (2-1 ATS). One thing we don't know is who will be the Ravens starter in Kansas City. Ravens coach John Harbaugh could decide to give the starting job back to Joe Flacco. This game will mark the fifth time that the Ravens have been an underdog of a touchdown or more under Harbaugh. In the prior four games, the Ravens went 0-4 straight-up and 1-3 ATS.

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 09:01 AM
they're 0-1 ATS without Kareem Hunt

ROFL

0-1?!?! It's a trend!

pugsnotdrugs19
12-03-2018, 09:02 AM
The Ravens only managed 1 Offensive TD and 4 field goals against Atlanta. I don’t see their offense keeping up with ours unless we turn the ball over.

At the end of the day, we have the better QB, coach, and we’re at home. I don’t care about margin of victory at all.

This.

Their defensive scheme is sound and they’re good, but Mahomes will extend enough plays to put up points. Their run D isn’t great.

Their offense at Arrowhead is not a concern IMO.

Best22
12-03-2018, 09:07 AM
Let me first say I love the fact that we have Mahomes as our QB. He is far exceeding my expectations for his first year as a starter. However yesterday I thought he looked more like the rookie he actually is instead of the polished QB he will eventually become. Oakland missed 2 (more like 3) golden opportunities for interceptions and Pat seemed to miss several very open receivers. He is a first year starter and he's going to have games like this on occasion (295 yards and 4 TDs is one hell of an impressive off game) so I do worry more than I should. Just chalk it up to a long suffering Chief's fan having troubles shaking off the past.

Every QB has dropped “would be” interceptions

That said, Mahomes was extremely aggressive yesterday, more than usual.

RunKC
12-03-2018, 09:09 AM
This game worries me. Ravens have a damn good defense.

Saints, Steelers, Falcons all held under 25 points.

Our defense completely sucks too. All Jackson has to do is throw it up to a receiver and Scandrick or Nelson will fuck it up.

It’s gonna be close

Marcellus
12-03-2018, 09:14 AM
ROFL

0-1?!?! It's a trend!

Yea I thought that was funny too.

Then again we are averaging 40 points a game without Hunt!

CupidStunt
12-03-2018, 09:14 AM
Not worried about this game at all. Mahomes will have us score 30+ and the D will do just enough. There's simply no fucking way in the National Passing League Pat Mahomes is losing at home to Lamar Jackson.

Reerun_KC
12-03-2018, 09:17 AM
This game worries me. Ravens have a damn good defense.

Saints, Steelers, Falcons all held under 25 points.

Our defense completely sucks too. All Jackson has to do is throw it up to a receiver and Scandrick or Nelson will **** it up.

It’s gonna be close

Well if anytime would be a good time for BDB to come back and save the season and the franchise. This would be it.

jaa1025
12-03-2018, 09:18 AM
The Ravens are a worse version of Denver. They don't really have dominant pass rush like Denver has or a dominant pass rusher like Arizona has. They have a worse passing offense than Denver but Jackson gives them another layer to their running game,which appears to be RBBC. Terrell Suggs is Tamba in 2015. They will try to control the time of possession and keep the offense off the field.

The offense needs to be efficient and the defense needs to be better against the run. I'd put a spy on Jackson the entire game personally.

Chris Meck
12-03-2018, 09:20 AM
This is one we very well might lose, giving up 250 yards on the ground.

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 09:21 AM
Well if anytime would be a good time for BDB to come back and save the season and the franchise. This would be it.

The Chargers game would actually be better than the Ravens but the Patriots or Rams game would have been better than both.

Nzoner
12-03-2018, 09:22 AM

We stop the run we win.

Which means stopping him too as he has 265 yds rushing and 2 rushing td's in those 3 games as well.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-03-2018, 09:23 AM
Baltimore won’t be scared of Arrowhead by any means, they’ve always been a tough team under Harbaugh. But the rookie QB is more of a running back at this point.

Gotta play a lot of zone coverage. Keep eyes on Jackson and make him throw into tight windows. Make him beat you with his arm, he won’t.

Marcellus
12-03-2018, 09:28 AM
IF Berry comes back this week it helps our run defense tremendously and they wont beat us throwing the ball with Jackson or Flacco for that matter.

BryanBusby
12-03-2018, 09:31 AM
Baltimore won’t be scared of Arrowhead by any means, they’ve always been a tough team under Harbaugh. But the rookie QB is more of a running back at this point.

Gotta play a lot of zone coverage. Keep eyes on Jackson and make him throw into tight windows. Make him beat you with his arm, he won’t.
This Defense stop something? LMAO

The Chiefs need to put up over 40 and put the pressure on a rookie QB to match it. That's how they win it.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-03-2018, 09:33 AM

The Chiefs need to put up over 40 and put the pressure on a rookie QB to match it. That's how they win it.

The last rookie QB they played at Arrowhead got his shit pushed in. I won’t rule it out here either.

The Franchise
12-03-2018, 09:43 AM

The pressure is going to have to come from the inside because I think we’re going to have to try and contain Jackson in the pocket with our OLBs

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 09:45 AM
The pressure is going to have to come from the inside because I think we’re going to have to try and contain Jackson in the pocket with our OLBs

I honestly wouldn't try to pressure him. Play zone, keep contain, and make him beat you with his arm.

I'm really not worried about this game at all.

The Franchise
12-03-2018, 09:47 AM
I honestly wouldn't try to pressure him. Play zone, keep contain, and make him beat you with his arm.

I have a feeling that’s what Sutton is going to do. Sell out to stop the run and dare Jackson to beat you with his arm.

mr. tegu
12-03-2018, 10:04 AM
After watching this defense AND offense against the Raiders, it's obvious they just wanted to get the game over with.

They aren't losing at home to the Ravens.

Exactly. It was 33-16 when the third quarter ended. It is clear that at that point the team put it in cruise control. I can’t believe how many posts I’m seeing with people thinking the final score somehow means this game was ever in question or it now means we can lose to anyone anywhere.

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 10:08 AM
Exactly. It was 33-16 when the third quarter ended. It is clear that at that point the team put it in cruise control. I can’t believe how many posts I’m seeing with people thinking the final score somehow means this game was ever in question or it now means we can lose to anyone anywhere.

It's Chiefsplanet.

Toad
12-03-2018, 10:10 AM

Yep...Keep QB Jackson from being their leading rusher.

On the flip side of the ball, our young phenom QB simply cannot be our leading rusher again (or ever). But, With a full week of full reps, Ware & Williams(s) should be fine.

Sassy Squatch
12-03-2018, 10:14 AM
Bullshit. BULLSHIT! FUCKING BULLSHIT!!! You know why people are pissed about how they played in the 2nd half? Because they pulled the same fucking bullshit against the Colts and Titans in the playoffs. What happened? They fucking LOST

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 10:16 AM
Bullshit. BULLSHIT! FUCKING BULLSHIT!!! You know why people are pissed about how they played in the 2nd half? Because they pulled the same fucking bullshit against the Colts and Titans in the playoffs. What happened? They fucking LOST

Except they didn't lose!

The Chiefs scored TWENTY ONE points in the 2nd half of yesterday's game. It wasn't even REMOTELY like the Colts or Titans in the playoffs. Not even remotely the same.

Best22
12-03-2018, 10:17 AM

It was in question. And if our “cruise control” results in a 3 point game with 6 minutes left, then we should never have gotten into “cruise control” to begin with.

That game was VERY much in doubt. If Mahomes doesn’t convert that 3rd down we likely lose. If we only scored a FG on the last drive and went up 36-30, it’s a 50/50 chance we win at best.

Game was a nailbiter. Mahomes saved our bacon

Sassy Squatch
12-03-2018, 10:20 AM
Except they didn't lose!

The Chiefs scored TWENTY ONE points in the 2nd half of yesterday's game. It wasn't even REMOTELY like the Colts or Titans in the playoffs. Not even remotely the same.
Bullshit. Only difference is this time we were playing a team built around securing the #1 overall pick instead of a team built for the playoffs.

Reerun_KC
12-03-2018, 10:21 AM
It's Chiefsplanet.

N O it’s because chiefs.

Good thing we never lost in the playoffs lead big in the 4th qtr.

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 10:22 AM
Bullshit. Only difference is this time we were playing a team built around securing the #1 overall pick instead of a team built for the playoffs.

ROFL

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 10:22 AM
N O it’s because chiefs.

Didn't score 21 second-half points in both of those games COMBINED. Couldn't even manage to get a 1st freaking down actually.

Reerun_KC
12-03-2018, 10:24 AM
Didn't score 21 second-half points in both of those games COMBINED. Couldn't even manage to get a 1st freaking down actually.

So right now we’re listed day to day?

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-03-2018, 10:31 AM
Atlanta's defense is trash and Jackson had 125 yards passing.

So he'll throw for 250 on us

The Franchise
12-03-2018, 10:33 AM

Yeah....the Raiders sure looked like they were trying to tank and lose.

BryanBusby
12-03-2018, 10:33 AM
I have a feeling that’s what Sutton is going to do. Sell out to stop the run and dare Jackson to beat you with his arm.
They can't tackle. Good fucking luck.

The Franchise
12-03-2018, 10:34 AM
They can't tackle. Good fucking luck.

I didn't say it would work....did I?

Mile High Mania
12-03-2018, 10:39 AM
Ravens have beaten the Bengals, Raiders and Falcons - all struggling teams, in the last 3 weeks.

Jackson is a bit of a fluke at QB right now, more of a rushing threat (2 TDs) with 119 yards and back to back 70+ yards on the ground. Passing - very generic with 1 passing TD in 3 games and passing yards between 128-175.

Nothing stellar.

It's really all about their defense playing at a high level.

KC at home should throttle the Ravens. I'd love to see the Ravens win, but the history for 1st time QBs in Arrowhead is poor and they're just not a good offensive team right now.

O.city
12-03-2018, 10:39 AM
Jackson is a more athletic Tim Tebow.

Chiefs should win handily/

BryanBusby
12-03-2018, 10:40 AM
I didn't say it would work....did I?
Never insisted that you said that.

Mecca
12-03-2018, 10:40 AM
Funny posts, even though the Raiders suck we do realize even bad teams don't get blown out in the NFL right?

If you go look at the teams with the worst records they'll have a bunch of close losses, that's the NFL.

RunKC
12-03-2018, 10:43 AM
Bullshit. BULLSHIT! ****ING BULLSHIT!!! You know why people are pissed about how they played in the 2nd half? Because they pulled the same ****ing bullshit against the Colts and Titans in the playoffs. What happened? They ****ing LOST

We don’t lose those games if Patrick Lavon Mahomes II is starting

carcosa
12-03-2018, 10:45 AM
So right now we’re listed day to day?

huh

staylor26
12-03-2018, 10:46 AM
Funny posts, even though the Raiders suck we do realize even bad teams don't get blown out in the NFL right?

If you go look at the teams with the worst records they'll have a bunch of close losses, that's the NFL.

CP clearly doesn’t watch the rest of the NFL

Reerun_KC
12-03-2018, 10:53 AM
CP clearly doesn’t watch the rest of the NFL

You’re right. The last 5 years have been tough to even watch the chiefs. Alex killed any Sunday joy with the chiefs.

I watch/listen to the chiefs because Mahomes. . Other than that I find more interesting things to do with my time. You know, family, grand daughter, etc...

The product is to predictable especially with the NFL officials. One can pretty much call a game and predict exactly how it’s going to play out.

So I watch 100% chiefs and about 5-10% other games.

Marcellus
12-03-2018, 11:00 AM
N O it’s because chiefs.

That literally has nothing to do with the Raiders game or the Ravens game or any other game we play.

Nothing.

Shoes
12-03-2018, 11:01 AM
I've said it once I'll say it again- this Chiefs defense absolutely needs the home crowd advantage to be an effective unit. Day and night difference when this team plays at home, if the Chiefs are poised for a long playoff run I believe they need to be the #1 seed.

Marcellus
12-03-2018, 11:04 AM
I've said it once I'll say it again- this Chiefs defense absolutely needs the home crowd advantage to be an effective unit. Day and night difference when this team plays at home, if the Chiefs are poised for a long playoff run I believe they need to be the #1 seed.

I think we are giving up an average of 17 points a game at home. Some of it is who we have played and some of it is we play better defense at home.

HFA is huge for the playoffs for every team, but especially this one.

St. Patty's Fire
12-03-2018, 11:07 AM
We don’t lose those games if Patrick Lavon Mahomes II is starting

lol is his middle name really lavon?

TomBarndtsTwin
12-03-2018, 11:09 AM
Ravens have beaten the Bengals, Raiders and Falcons - all struggling teams, in the last 3 weeks.

Jackson is a bit of a fluke at QB right now, more of a rushing threat (2 TDs) with 119 yards and back to back 70+ yards on the ground. Passing - very generic with 1 passing TD in 3 games and passing yards between 128-175.

Nothing stellar.

It's really all about their defense playing at a high level.

KC at home should throttle the Ravens. I'd love to see the Ravens win, but the history for 1st time QBs in Arrowhead is poor and they're just not a good offensive team right now.

You'd love to see the Ravens win?

Your team just squeaked back into the playoff picture and the Ravens are probably the most immediate team you're competing with for that sixth and final spot. You should be rooting for the Chiefs in this one. You have no chance of catching them. If the Ravens win, your playoff hopes are pretty much done.

Marcellus
12-03-2018, 11:19 AM
You'd love to see the Ravens win?

Your team just squeaked back into the playoff picture and the Ravens are probably the most immediate team you're competing with for that sixth and final spot. You should be rooting for the Chiefs in this one. You have no chance of catching them. If the Ravens win, your playoff hopes are pretty much done.

There is probably a good chance he doesn't want the Broncos to get a meaningless WC spot and for Radio to keep his job.

TomBarndtsTwin
12-03-2018, 11:22 AM
There is probably a good chance he doesn't want the Broncos to get a meaningless WC spot and for Radio to keep his job.

That's fine and I certainly understand that logic, but he already went on record in the Donkos thread saying he was on board for them to continue to win and wanted to see them make the playoffs, if it was possible.

Mecca
12-03-2018, 11:28 AM
I'm glad the Broncos are winning, miss out on high picks and keep that shit coach.

mr. tegu
12-03-2018, 11:32 AM
It was in question. And if our “cruise control” results in a 3 point game with 6 minutes left, then we should never have gotten into “cruise control” to begin with.

That game was VERY much in doubt. If Mahomes doesn’t convert that 3rd down we likely lose. If we only scored a FG on the last drive and went up 36-30, it’s a 50/50 chance we win at best.

Game was a nailbiter. Mahomes saved our bacon

Yes, they shouldn’t have let up, especially the defense but it was never in question. Why? Because as soon as it was clear the Raiders weren’t mailing it in and made it a one score game the Chiefs said “well okay I guess we have to keep playing” and went and got a TD.

The Raiders never had the ball in the second half with a chance to tie or take the lead so no I cannot say that game was ever a toss up or in question.

mikezpen
12-03-2018, 11:59 AM
Ravens fan here.A few thoughts.

We may or may not be a legitimate contender at this point. I don't know if we are that good. But we've changed radically for the better with Lamar Jackson's emergence at QB.Teams have to spread their defense to contain him, and that makes them vulnerable to the straight-ahead running game. Gus Edwards has killed teams running between the tackles and has over 300 yards in three games. With the running game, we dominate time of possession, and we'll have to do that to beat the Chiefs.We need to keep your offense on the bench as we did Atlanta's or we're dead.

Jackson isn't an accomplished passer to be sure, that's our weakness.Hope he improves Sunday because you'll stack about 20 guys in the box to kill our running game!

But the defense held Atlanta's QB to the lowest passing yardage in his career Sunday. Our defense is legit, although it's more of a faceless unit than a bunch of individual standouts.

We also have the best kicker in the immediate world if the game's real close.

This said, I believe you will probably win the game. But we're good enough to be pretty dangerous, so you'd better come to play. Hopefully your team is looking ahead to the Chargers. That would help.

ModSocks
12-03-2018, 12:06 PM
Chiefs will need to play the way they did to start the season.

Get a couple of early stops and lay the offense on thick. We need to go up 3 possessions early and force Jackson into a shoot out that he would surely lose.

If they hang around they WILL be able to run on us and keep it close.

Gotta come out hot, guns blazing and force Jackson to do what he hasn't had to do yet.

RINGLEADER
12-03-2018, 12:07 PM

We may or may not be a legitimate contender at this point. I don't know if we are that good. But we've changed radically for the better with Lamar Jackson's emergence at QB.Teams have to spread their defense to contain him, and that makes them vulnerable to the straight-ahead running game. Gus Edwards has killed teams running between the tackles and has ovr 300 yards in three games. With the running game, we dominate time of possession, and we'll have to do that to beat the Chiefs.We need to keep your offense on the bench as we did Atlanta's or we're dead.

Jackson isn't an accomplished passer to be sure, that's our weakness.Hope he improves Sunday because you'll stack about 20 guys in the box to kill our running game!

But the defense held Atlanta's QB to the lowest passing yardage in his career Sunday. Our defense is legit, although it's more of a faceless unit than a bunch of individual standouts.

This said, I believe you will probably win the game. But we're good enough to be pretty dangerous, so you have to watch us. Hopefully your team is looking ahead to the Chargers. That would help.

Good post and welcome to the Planet!

I don’t think the Chiefs are overlooking anyone at this point but the Ravens do have some of the makeup that lines up well for you against KC. That said, no one has really been able to slow the offense down except the Chiefs players making mistakes and we’ve needed that ability to score in almost every game. Assume this will be similar to the Jags game where we don’t score crazy points but are able to get some turnovers and do enough to win.

carcosa
12-03-2018, 12:08 PM

We may or may not be a legitimate contender at this point. I don't know if we are that good. But we've changed radically for the better with Lamar Jackson's emergence at QB.Teams have to spread their defense to contain him, and that makes them vulnerable to the straight-ahead running game. Gus Edwards has killed teams running between the tackles and has over 300 yards in three games. With the running game, we dominate time of possession, and we'll have to do that to beat the Chiefs.We need to keep your offense on the bench as we did Atlanta's or we're dead.

This said, I believe you will probably win the game. But we're good enough to be pretty dangerous, so you'd better come to play. Hopefully your team is looking ahead to the Chargers. That would help.

You seem nice.

RINGLEADER
12-03-2018, 12:08 PM
Chiefs will need to play the way they did to start the season.

Get a couple of early stops and lay the offense on thick. We need to go up 3 possessions early and force Jackson into a shoot out that he would surely lose.

If they hang around they WILL be able to run on us and keep it close.

Gotta come out hot, guns blazing and force Jackson to do what he hasn't had to do yet.

Teams have been running on us even when we have substantial leads.

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 12:12 PM
Teams have been running on us even when we have substantial leads.

And ultimately running out the clock for us.

staylor26
12-03-2018, 12:15 PM
And ultimately running out the clock for us.

Exactly. Trying to catch up to us by running the ball is like trying to catch up to the Warriors with layups and mid range jumpers.

DaKCMan AP
12-03-2018, 12:17 PM
Need to see more Dorian O'Daniel next week to chase around Jackson, if he's the starter.

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 12:23 PM
Need to see more Dorian O'Daniel next week to chase around Jackson, if he's the starter.

I haven't seen much from DOD to have much faith in him. Yeah, he's fast. He's also lost most of the time. I think I'd rather see a safety shadow Jackson at this point.

Halfcan
12-03-2018, 12:24 PM
A first-year RB / QB is not coming into Arrowhead and winning. It is going to be loud and our pass rush will make Tyrod...I mean Lamar fumble at least twice.

petegz28
12-03-2018, 12:24 PM
Exactly. Trying to catch up to us by running the ball is like trying to catch up to the Warriors with layups and mid range jumpers.

Except when you run the ball for 10-20 yards a clip....

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 12:25 PM
Except when you run the ball for 10-20 yards a clip....

And the Chiefs have lost how many games because of it?

Oh, that's right.

petegz28
12-03-2018, 12:29 PM
And the Chiefs have lost how many games because of it?

Oh, that's right.

I forgot, you're here to tell us all how great our defense is.....

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 12:30 PM
I forgot, you're here to tell us all how great our defense is.....

Funny how you just ignore facts and go straight to "defense sucks". Must be rough having a one-track mind.

petegz28
12-03-2018, 12:32 PM
Funny how you just ignore facts and go straight to "defense sucks". Must be rough having a one-track mind.

The defense does suck...

ptlyon
12-03-2018, 12:35 PM

Yeah, well, we are about to sign Charcandrick West. So you're just going to have to deal with that.

Seriously though, welcome aboard!

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 12:35 PM
The defense does suck...

I never said it didn't. That may have been lost on you in your fervor to be a dumbass.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-03-2018, 12:36 PM
You guys realize they are slight poverty Denver, right?

BryanBusby
12-03-2018, 12:38 PM
I never said it didn't. That may have been lost on you in your fervor to be a dumbass.
I'm not sure your point means anything either. How many 13-3'ish kind of years with the eventual first round collapse when the major red flags are exposed by a strong team does it take?

Sure the team is 10-2 with an awful Defense, but it's going to get them eventually. It always does.

RunKC
12-03-2018, 12:40 PM
This is the type of game that made Kareem Hunt extremely valuable for us. We need Ware to step up and break some tackles.

The Ravens have a damn good front 7 that doesn’t need help stopping the run or defending passes in the flat. It’s crucial that we make plays and change that.

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 12:41 PM
I'm not sure your point means anything either. How many 13-3'ish kind of years with the eventual first round collapse when the major red flags are exposed by a strong team does it take?

Sure the team is 10-2 with an awful Defense, but it's going to get them eventually. It always does.

How many of those years have they had an all-world QB?

It's nice to see that ChiefsPlanet is 100% full of crap when it comes to the QB position.

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 12:42 PM
You guys realize they are slight poverty Denver, right?

The defense is terrible. It's the end of the world.

ntexascardfan
12-03-2018, 12:53 PM
The key to Sunday is to keep Jackson in the pocket. Three down line men, and then put two spies on him.

Force him to throw for 300 yards on us into 7 men in coverage. Don't let him loose on the edges an make him read the secondary.

He'll turn the ball over 4 times if you force him to make decisions with the football that don't include his legs.

Marcellus
12-03-2018, 12:55 PM

It's nice to see that ChiefsPlanet is 100% full of crap when it comes to the QB position.

All you have to do is go to the Mahomes gif thread and watch the gifs of just this last game.

Mahomes can carry this team on a day where only he and Kelce were on.

Fucking Harris was our second leading receiver yesterday and we put up 40 points.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-03-2018, 01:02 PM
All you have to do is go to the Mahomes gif thread and watch the gifs of just this last game.

Mahomes can carry this team on a day where only he and Kelce were on.

****ing Harris was our second leading receiver yesterday and we put up 40 points.

Mahomeboy carried the team last year with only Albert Wilson and Harris making plays alongside the RB, Sausage.

Iconic
12-03-2018, 01:08 PM
This is the second easiest game remaining on our schedule. Will be a definite win. Ravens will run themselves into a situation where they are forced to pass to keep pace. Lamar won't be able to. I'm expecting at least two turnovers from him. The D won't be amazing but it'll get the stops it needs.

BryanBusby
12-03-2018, 01:15 PM

This Defense has gone an entire game without forcing a single punt. You guys never fucking learn LMAO

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 01:16 PM
This Defense has gone an entire game without forcing a single punt. You guys never fucking learn LMAO

You didn't answer my question.

And you're right, I don't ever learn. Just when I think that Chiefsplanet can collectively pull it's head out...

Welp.

TimBone
12-03-2018, 01:18 PM

:rolleyes:We'll just have to see, bud.

BryanBusby
12-03-2018, 01:20 PM
You didn't answer my question.

And you're right, I don't ever learn. Just when I think that Chiefsplanet can collectively pull it's head out...

Welp.
Your question is irrelevant, which is why it's being ignored. When are you going to get that?

This team constantly has a gigantic, glaring flaw going into the playoffs and it's usually the same group of people that think "oh we can overcome this" and a month later CP bitches about the same shit for the following seven.

It's the same cycle year after year. It happens over and over and you fuckers line up to eat the same piece of cheese over and over again.

OKchiefs
12-03-2018, 01:20 PM
How do teams like Seattle and Baltimore build excellent defenses despite having little actual stars on defense? We actually do have a star or two and we continue to be horrible.

carcosa
12-03-2018, 01:22 PM
Your question is irrelevant, which is why it's being ignored. When are you going to get that?

This team constantly has a gigantic, glaring flaw going into the playoffs and it's usually the same group of people that think "oh we can overcome this" and a month later CP bitches about the same shit for the following seven.

It's the same cycle year after year. It happens over and over and you fuckers line up to eat the same piece of cheese over and over again.

You don't think having the best QB in the NFL makes a difference this time??

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 01:22 PM

It's the same cycle year after year.

First of all, my question isn't irrelevant because I'm not one of those thinking "oh we can overcome this".

You see, myself and MANY others here have ALWAYS felt that THE way to overcome these things is to have a franchise QB. The difference between me and everybody else is that I'm not waffling on that.

It isn't the same cycle year after year. This year, we have Patrick freaking Mahomes. It's COMPLETELY different. The fact you want to ignore that is on you, not me. Feel free to be miserable, I'll continue to bring it up.

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 01:23 PM

For over a decade, this place said a QB was what the team needed.

You're asking them to be consistent in their collective opinion. :rolleyes:

BryanBusby
12-03-2018, 01:25 PM
First of all, my question isn't irrelevant because I'm not one of those thinking "oh we can overcome this".

You see, myself and MANY others here have ALWAYS felt that THE way to overcome these things is to have a franchise QB. The difference between me and everybody else is that I'm not waffling on that.

It isn't the same cycle year after year. This year, we have Patrick freaking Mahomes. It's COMPLETELY different. The fact you want to ignore that is on you, not me. Feel free to be miserable, I'll continue to bring it up.
Miserable? If you say so. I'm not the one that's going to be crying in my pillow over Bob Sutton come January. LMAO

Nobody is disputing Pat and that he's great, but team efforts win Super Bowls and half of this team might as well not board a flight to Atlanta.

carcosa
12-03-2018, 01:26 PM
Also, just about every playoff team has at least one big flaw, even teams that end up winning it all.

Not every playoff team has an elite QB.

RunKC
12-03-2018, 01:28 PM

It's the same cycle year after year. It happens over and over and you ****ers line up to eat the same piece of cheese over and over again.

It’s the same?

Do the Chiefs lose the following games if Patrick Lavon Mahomes II is their QB?

Titans playoff game 2017
Steelers playoff game 2016
Broncos playoff game 1997
Colts playoff game 1995

Chiefnj2
12-03-2018, 01:29 PM

Best QB in the NFL is subjective and doesn't guarantee a Super Bowl appearance. Was Foles really the best QB in the league last year? A washed up Peyton Manning? Cam Newon, Joe Flacco? How many people would pick Matt Ryan over Rogers or Brees?

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 01:29 PM
Miserable? If you say so. I'm not the one that's going to be crying in my pillow over Bob Sutton come January. LMAO

Nobody is disputing Pat and that he's great, but team efforts win Super Bowls and half of this team might as well not board a flight to Atlanta.

Here's the thing:

I already know Bob Sutton is a problem. I already know the defense is bad. There's not one single thing I can do about it. So IF they lose in January, I won't be crying at all. No amount of whinging and hand wringing about it here is going to change anything at all.

Furthermore, let's not even pretend this discussion is about JANUARY. The title of the thread is "Let's talk about the Ravens". A good portion of people think the Chiefs are losing not only this game but the Chargers AND the Seahawks. That's not only negative, it's freaking ridiculous.

To date, "half this team" is 10-2, on pace for the #1 seed and HFA throughout the playoffs. The amount of doom and gloom that surrounds that says A LOT about the collective psyche of this place.

BryanBusby
12-03-2018, 01:30 PM
Smh

If you guys don't think an old man that sent a literal sack of dicks on a blitz (to make the key stop) isn't going to fuck everything up than I really don't know what to say LMAO

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 01:31 PM
Best QB in the NFL is subjective and doesn't guarantee a Super Bowl appearance. Was Foles really the best QB in the league last year? A washed up Peyton Manning? Cam Newon, Joe Flacco? How many people would pick Matt Ryan over Rogers or Brees?

Patrick Mahomes, in his first year starting, is having a year only 2 other QBs in the history of the NFL have had.

Let's not sit here and pretend it's all subjective when it isn't.

staylor26
12-03-2018, 01:32 PM
Patrick Mahomes, in his first year starting, is having a year only 2 other QBs in the history of the NFL have had.

Chiefnj is a buttfucking moron. No sense I’m even trying to reason with him.

htismaqe
12-03-2018, 01:32 PM
Smh

If you guys don't think an old man that sent a literal sack of dicks on a blitz (to make the key stop) isn't going to fuck everything up than I really don't know what to say LMAO

SMH

If you guys don't think a young man that has broken every team and NFL record he's face to date isn't going to overcome the small amount of things Alex Smith needed to overcome then I really don't know what to say. LMAO

TomBarndtsTwin
12-03-2018, 01:33 PM
Patriots defense has been pretty awful the last 2 years, yet they managed to get to two Super Bowls and win one. Why? A good scheming coach and a guy named Brady.

Andy is a good schemer. And Pat Mahomes (while not playoff battle tested) is a better QB than Brady is right now.

If the Chiefs get home field advantage, this defense is good enough at home and has enough star players to make impact plays to do enough, coupled with Mahomes and the offense's elite ability.

Now, the Super Bowl (depending on who we would theoretically play) may be a different story, but get there and anything can happen.

So I'll take my chances with the team we have now and hopefully Veach goes defense heavy in the draft again to get better on that side of the ball, as well as a few under the radar FA signings.

BryanBusby
12-03-2018, 01:41 PM
SMH

If you guys don't think a young man that has broken every team and NFL record he's face to date isn't going to overcome the small amount of things Alex Smith needed to overcome then I really don't know what to say. LMAO
Well when the Chiefs go 13-3 with a top tier NFL Offense that can score at will, exceptional Special Teams and a bottom tier Defense and go one and done in the playoffs it will certainly be a first.

staylor26
12-03-2018, 01:43 PM
Well when the Chiefs go 13-3 with a top tier NFL Offense that can score at will, exceptional Special Teams and a bottom tier Defense and go one and done in the playoffs it will certainly be a first.

Stop being a pussy.

Can it happen? Sure. But to concede defeat when we have Mahomes, these weapons, and a great pass rush is soft as baby shit.

Sassy Squatch
12-03-2018, 01:46 PM
SMH

He couldn't overcome it against the Patriots or Rams. 40 points and 51 points respectively. Wasn't enough.

Chiefnj2
12-03-2018, 01:46 PM

Special teams have not been exceptional. That's one of the potential problems. Penalties, too.

Shoes
12-03-2018, 01:48 PM

It's the same cycle year after year. It happens over and over and you ****ers line up to eat the same piece of cheese over and over again.

It's not the same piece of cheese at all, every single team has its warts and weaknesses. You can have the best team in the entire world and still lose on Sunday (16-0 Patriots anyone?). What it takes to win a Super Bowl is the perfect storm of preparation, execution, and some good luck.

Will the Chiefs get over the hump this year? I have no idea. Am I worried about the defense bleeding 40 points in the playoffs and our offense not being able to keep up- fuck ya. But if you think going into battle with Alex Smith is the same piece of cheese as going into a Sunday with Patrick Mahomes you are absolutely fucked and I can't help you.

Go Chiefs.

ModSocks

So wtf do you want? You want Mahomes to play OLB, S and CB too?

Going into this season we knew the D was in rebuild mode. We, and the Chiefs, KNEW before the season started that the offense would have to carry this team. Nothing here is unexpected.

The D is a work in progress. That's what happens when your star defensive players begin to age and the roster gets turned over.

So far, so good. Will we lose in the playoffs? Maybe. But we have just as good a shot as anyone in the league.

RunKC
Stop being a pussy.

Can it happen? Sure. But to concede defeat when we have Mahomes, these weapons, and a great pass rush is soft as baby shit.

This franchise has championed ways of losing in the playoffs in a spectacularly embarrassing fashion.

If there is ANY franchise that would **** up a generational QB in the playoffs, it’s the mother****ing Chiefs.

I can see exactly where he is coming from with his take.

ModSocks
12-03-2018, 01:50 PM
Special teams have not been exceptional. That's one of the potential problems. Penalties, too.

The penalties are by far the biggest problem and it's not close.

Our D wouldn't look nearly as bad or give up as many points if they could stop extending drives via penalty.

IDK how many 1st downs we've given up via penalty but i'm sure we're top 5 in that category.

BryanBusby
12-03-2018, 01:50 PM
So wtf do you want? You want Mahomes to play OLB, S and CB too?

Going into this season we knew the D was in rebuild mode. We, and the Chiefs, KNEW before the season started that the offense would have to carry this team. Nothing here is unexpected.

The D is a work in progress. That's what happens when your star defensive players begin to age and the roster gets turned over.

So far, so good. Will we lose in the playoffs? Maybe. But we have just as good a shot as anyone in the league.
Jesus christ dude, you're off in the woods now.

ModSocks
12-03-2018, 01:54 PM
Jesus christ dude, you're off in the woods now.

LMAO

How do you figure? Were you unaware of the rebuild in progress? Wow how quickly we forget things.

Two new starting corners, new starters at ILB, new NT and a massive youth movement on the backend of the roster.

Moving on from Hali, DJ, Peters and an attempt to move on from Parker.....

RunKC
12-03-2018, 01:57 PM
SMH

I think you are right. I believe Mahomes can carry us.

But as we’ve discussed many times, the decades of “because Chiefs” bullshit is fucking us up in the head.

It would be just like the Chiefs to get the 1 seed and fuck it up with Patrick Mahomes.

BryanBusby
12-03-2018, 01:57 PM
LMAO

How do you figure? Were you unaware of the rebuild in progress? Wow how quickly we forget things.

Two new starting corners, new starters at ILB, new NT and a massive youth movement on the backend of the roster.

Moving on from Hali, DJ, Peters and an attempt to move on from Parker.....
Is this in relation to Bob Sutton is a fucking moron? Because he is.

Tonka83
12-03-2018, 02:06 PM
The penalties are by far the biggest problem and it's not close.

Our D wouldn't look nearly as bad or give up as many points if they could stop extending drives via penalty.

IDK how many 1st downs we've given up via penalty but i'm sure we're top 5 in that category.

Penalties and tackling. I can't remember ever seeing a NFL team that had so many missed tackles every single game.

Marcellus
12-03-2018, 02:15 PM

You have to figure Mahomes is on pace to throw more than 1.5 TD per game more than any other Chiefs QB in history.

One would have to assume this would translate in the playoffs and with that extra 10pts a game we win every recent playoff game we lost.

I know it doesn't exactly work that way but it is a way to try to quantify the Mahomes effect.

TomBarndtsTwin
12-03-2018, 02:23 PM
He couldn't overcome it against the Patriots or Rams. 40 points and 51 points respectively. Wasn't enough.

Both games on the road.

If they were in Arrowhead or on a neutral field, who would you bet on in those games?

Best22
12-03-2018, 03:20 PM
Chiefs didn’t draft Mahomes...

Mahomes drafted the Chiefs

This team is built in his image, on his terms

No wonder all the stale franchise records are falling...

NJChiefsFan
12-03-2018, 03:45 PM

That's where I am at. Plus it's a division game. People ignore it but seeing a team a lot means something. Not trying to gloss over yesterday's second half but it is the nfl and it is a divisional game on the road.

My biggest concern is Jackson running. I know that's obvious but I can easily envision our LB's letting him run for a number of key first downs even when they are in position. He's been a really bad passer so far from what I've witnessed. I'm assuming the numbers back that up.

O.city
12-03-2018, 03:50 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Top 5 combined QB Pressures among EDGE duos entering Monday Night Football...<a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Chiefs</a> - Ford &amp; Houston<a href="https://twitter.com/Redskins?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Redskins</a> - Smith &amp; Kerrigan<a href="https://twitter.com/Broncos?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Broncos</a> - Miller &amp; Chubb<a href="https://twitter.com/steelers?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Steelers</a> - Watt &amp; Dupree<a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonTexans?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@HoustonTexans</a> - Watt &amp; Clowney <a href="https://t.co/OGk4mC9DFJ">pic.twitter.com/OGk4mC9DFJ</a></p>&mdash; Next Gen Stats (@NextGenStats) <a href="https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1069688275139317761?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 3, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

NJChiefsFan
12-03-2018, 03:51 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Top 5 combined QB Pressures among EDGE duos entering Monday Night Football...<a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Chiefs</a> - Ford &amp; Houston<a href="https://twitter.com/Redskins?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Redskins</a> - Smith &amp; Kerrigan<a href="https://twitter.com/Broncos?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Broncos</a> - Miller &amp; Chubb<a href="https://twitter.com/steelers?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Steelers</a> - Watt &amp; Dupree<a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonTexans?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@HoustonTexans</a> - Watt &amp; Clowney <a href="https://t.co/OGk4mC9DFJ">pic.twitter.com/OGk4mC9DFJ</a></p>&mdash; Next Gen Stats (@NextGenStats) <a href="https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1069688275139317761?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 3, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Does any combo there have more man games missed? I can't keep track of Watt anymore. Imagine what those numbers would be if Houston never had surgery.

staylor26
12-03-2018, 03:52 PM
Wow that’s even more impressive considering we’ve been missing Houston or Ford for quite a few games.

staylor26
12-03-2018, 03:53 PM
Does any combo there have more man games missed? I can't keep track of Watt anymore. Imagine what those numbers would be if Houston never had surgery.

It’s just for this year, but I’d be willing to bet our guys have missed more games/snaps than the others.

ThaVirus
12-03-2018, 04:35 PM
They've got the advantage of playing on the other side of our offense, though. Even with Houston's missed games they've probably got the edge on pass rush snaps.

Best22
12-03-2018, 04:36 PM
Pass rush? Check
Quarterback? Check
Receivers? Check
Homefield??

We can beat anybody in the AFC

staylor26
12-03-2018, 04:37 PM
They've got the advantage of playing on the other side of our offense, though. Even with Houston's missed games they've probably got the edge on pass rush snaps.

Sure there’s some truth to that, but I still seriously doubt that they’ve had more than those guys.

Ford barely played in two games also. There’s just no way.

ThaVirus
12-03-2018, 04:37 PM
We'll struggle with Jackson's speed and their OL's physicality, but I can't picture a rookie running QB coming into Arrowhead and outdeuiling Pat at this point.

It'll give us a good bit of practice for Russell Wilson at any rate. I don't think we've faced any mobile QBs yet this year.

RaidersOftheCellar
12-03-2018, 05:19 PM
Pass rush? Check
Quarterback? Check
Receivers? Check
Homefield??

The Chiefs can beat anybody in the NFL. And I think they're frankly the team to beat.

But with this defense, they could also lose to almost any team on a day when the offense makes mistakes.

Penalties are frankly my biggest worry. Whether there's an agenda or not, penalties could be the difference in a high-stakes game.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
12-03-2018, 05:23 PM
Pass rush? Check
Quarterback? Check
Receivers? Check
Homefield??

Safeties? Uncheck
Cornerbacks? Uncheck
Linebackers that can cover? Uncheck

New World Order
12-03-2018, 05:24 PM
Pass rush won't be as big of a factor with this goofy rushing offense they run.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-03-2018, 05:28 PM
Safeties? Uncheck
Cornerbacks? Uncheck
Linebackers that can cover? Uncheck

Other team has a quarterback who isn’t a great passer? Check and Mate.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
12-03-2018, 05:30 PM
We can beat anyone the AFC regardless of our defense. Now if our defense has to face the Saints in the Super Bowl we are screwed

Pasta Little Brioni
12-03-2018, 05:32 PM
Triple option?

staylor26
12-03-2018, 05:39 PM
AWe can beat anyone the AFC regardless of our defense. Now if our defense has to face the Saints in the Super Bowl we are screwed

Lol so even with this defense we could’ve beat the Pats and Rams on the road, but we can’t beat the Saints on a neutral field?

Give me a ****ing break. We can beat anybody.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-03-2018, 05:59 PM
Some dumb sum bitches on this board

BryanBusby
12-03-2018, 06:05 PM
We can beat anyone the AFC regardless of our defense. Now if our defense has to face the Saints in the Super Bowl we are screwed
Eh, I don't think the Saints are making it.

DaKCMan AP
12-03-2018, 06:37 PM
I haven't seen much from DOD to have much faith in him. Yeah, he's fast. He's also lost most of the time. I think I'd rather see a safety shadow Jackson at this point.

Hopefully not Whiff Murray.

jjchieffan
12-03-2018, 06:43 PM
It's been a while since I've added anyone to ignore. But I think that it's time. If everything that someone posts is negative, doom and gloom, then I really don't care to see their posts. Therefore, Superturtle is joining the ranks. I've grown tired of his negativity.

NJChiefsFan
12-03-2018, 07:20 PM
It’s just for this year, but I’d be willing to bet our guys have missed more games/snaps than the others.

I know. Just meant that's with a Houston that isn't running with all the cylinders.

New World Order
12-03-2018, 07:24 PM
Tom Osborne Nebraska offense incoming

Chiefshrink
12-03-2018, 07:27 PM

His reputation is that of a potato chip physically and Veach was desperate because so far we have not gotten our $$'s worth whatsoever.:rolleyes:

staylor26
12-03-2018, 07:46 PM
I know. Just meant that's with a Houston that isn't running with all the cylinders.

Gotcha. Yea I think Houston would dominate much more consistently if he never had the knee injury.

stevieray
12-03-2018, 07:50 PM
this game worries me.

St. Patty's Fire
12-03-2018, 07:53 PM
this game worries me.

The game against the Raiders I was honestly terrified of some black magic

And it almost happened

This game I’m feeling much more confident. A guy putting up Tebow like numbers going to Arrowhead? This may look a lot like the Jags game.

Red Dawg
12-03-2018, 07:53 PM
If we lose to Lamr Jackson that will be embarassing. Same as when we lost to Tebow. He can't throw the ball worth a damn and just like Tebow his brain works too slow to keep up with the game.

Thats not me being an ass. That's what scouts have said about their film study.

Renegade
12-03-2018, 08:30 PM
The game against the Raiders I was honestly terrified of some black magic

And it almost happened

This game I’m feeling much more confident. A guy putting up Tebow like numbers going to Arrowhead? This may look a lot like the Jags game.

Remember what Teabow did to us in the playoffs if I remember things correctly

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-03-2018, 08:36 PM
Been listening to the Baltimore radio stations. Most of the jocks think KC will win, but they think Baltimore could steal one if we're not careful.

Honestly, I think we should load up the box and do everything we can to force the Ravens to beat us with the pass. I have watched all three games that Jackson has played in and he's O.K., but he's definitely not quite ready for prime time with his passing. Focus on stopping the run up front and I suspect we'll get quite a few turnovers from him.

If we're passive, they're going to play keep away with the ball, because they know it's the only way to beat us.

Best22
12-04-2018, 12:10 AM

We never played Tebow in the playoffs

We beat Tebow the last time we saw him (7-3 game)

Coochie liquor
12-04-2018, 04:29 AM

Remember who our qb was when we played Tebow?

Chiefs Moon
12-04-2018, 06:10 AM
Put a spy on Jackson-- DOD. I would also look at playing Speaks over Ford on a majority of downs. Baltimore is going to run at Ford every chance they get. They feature a power running game.

Hoover
12-04-2018, 06:27 AM
Put a spy on Jackson-- DOD. I would also look at playing Speaks over Ford on a majority of downs. Baltimore is going to run at Ford every chance they get. They feature a power running game.
good prep for Seattle, who might throw the ball 11 times, 4 of them for TDs

Pasta Little Brioni
12-04-2018, 06:43 AM
We'd have beaten the Tebow Broncos by 20 with Mahomes

CupidStunt
12-04-2018, 07:38 AM
But with this defense, they could also lose to almost any team on a day when the offense makes mistakes.

This is a parroted rhetoric that simply isn't true. The only time it has been true, or will be in future, is when the D tanks, the O turns it over *AND* we're against a great team.

The problem is, people think "we almost lost" in a game we won by a TD after NEVER trailing, on the road, 48 hours after totally unique circumstances and we're clearly distracted. We didn't almost lose the Raiders game. It was NEVER in doubt. Yeah, the D fell asleep in the late 3rd/early-mid 4th, and made the score way closer than it should've been, but then the offense marches right down the field and makes it a dougle-digit lead again. ("Wahhhh, what if the offense turned it over, then the Radiers could've scored and won!" ... But they DIDN'T. They just did what they do EVERY - SINGLE - GAME - marched down the field and scored.)

Chiefnj2
12-04-2018, 07:58 AM
It'll be good for KC to face a team with a very good defense, but punchless offense that likely can't keep up. I want to see how KC handles a team that tries to take away Kelce and Hill now that Hunt is gone. Lets see the other guys step up and carry the team if need be.

ChiefBlueCFC
12-04-2018, 08:01 AM
Lamar Jackson scares me with this defense... hell 26 of the 32 quarterbacks scare me with this damn defense. Just don't know what the hell you're gonna get with them. The only saving grace is that we have Pat.

I do think the run game will be better this week since they'll be able to implement the game plan with Ware as the feature and the Williams x2 and West ...

Any hope of Watkins coming back this week? I'm sure nothing has come out yet as it is only Tuesday but we could definitely use him.

CervezaChill
12-04-2018, 08:48 AM
Reading some of the comments about 'being scared' here one might think we are 2-10 instead of 10-2.

Pussies. We are the mfkin Chiefs, not scared of no Lamar Jackson.

New World Order
12-04-2018, 08:50 AM
It'll be good for KC to face a team with a very good defense, but punchless offense that likely can't keep up. I want to see how KC handles a team that tries to take away Kelce and Hill now that Hunt is gone. Lets see the other guys step up and carry the team if need be.

Denver did that in our away game.

We needed Hunt to win that game. We're probably going to need Williams or someone to step up.

Naptown Chief
12-04-2018, 08:55 AM
I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way.

Naptown Chief
12-04-2018, 08:57 AM
We will win by 18, which is 6+6+6.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-04-2018, 09:10 AM
This

RJ
12-04-2018, 09:20 AM
The Ravens strength with Jackson playing QB has been ball control. They are dominating TOP. I see no reason to think that will change against the Chiefs run D. Collins is on IR now but Gus Edwards and Kenneth Dixon are tough runners. Edwards is a beast going through the middle. Jackson has a strong arm but not terribly accurate. He could be deadly on play action if that improves.

I look for the Chiefs to win by less than a touchdown. The O/U is 53, if I were a betting man I'd take the under.

The Ravens are my "other" team. They both need the W. Maybe I'll just go to the movies.

New World Order
12-04-2018, 09:22 AM
The Ravens strength with Jackson playing QB has been ball control. They are dominating TOP. I see no reason to think that will change against the Chiefs run D. Collins is on IR now but Gus Edwards and Kenneth Dixon are tough runners. Edwards is a beast going through the middle. Jackson has a strong arm but not terribly accurate. He could be deadly on play action if that improves.

I look for the Chiefs to win by less than a touchdown. The O/U is 53, if I were a betting man I'd take the under.

The Ravens are my "other" team. They both need the W. Maybe I'll just go to the movies.

"Other" team????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

carcosa
12-04-2018, 09:23 AM
Pass rush? Check
Quarterback? Check
Receivers? Check
Homefield??

Shit yes kween!

carcosa
12-04-2018, 09:23 AM
I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way.

yorp

carcosa
12-04-2018, 09:25 AM
We'll struggle with Jackson's speed and their OL's physicality, but I can't picture a rookie running QB coming into Arrowhead and outdeuiling Pat at this point.

It'll give us a good bit of practice for Russell Wilson at any rate. I don't think we've faced any mobile QBs yet this year.

Blake Bortles!!!!!!

Eleazar
12-04-2018, 09:26 AM
The defense plays better at home, particularly the pass rush, so I expect we'll be fine. A scrambling QB and a good running game could be problematic for us, but I don't see Baltimore outscoring us.

carcosa
12-04-2018, 09:29 AM
Joe Flacco might get the start lol

Naptown Chief
12-04-2018, 09:29 AM

No.
Other team?
No.

St. Patty's Fire
12-04-2018, 09:30 AM

We’ve faced Case Keenum TWICE!

St. Patty's Fire
12-04-2018, 09:30 AM
No.
Other team?
No.

I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way

Naptown Chief
12-04-2018, 09:31 AM
yorp

YIP.

Naptown Chief
12-04-2018, 09:31 AM
I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way

YIP.
Other team ROFL
YIP.

Best22
12-04-2018, 09:43 AM
Denver did that in our away game.

We needed Mahomes to win that game. We're probably going to need Williams or someone to step up.

FTFY

DJ's left nut
12-04-2018, 09:45 AM
People have called about 6 different games this year 'trap' games. They've been wrong, but they keep doing it.

This game, OTOH, is an actual trap game. A somewhat down opponent (who's playing well of late) prior to the game that will almost certainly decide our season against LAC. It's a home game against a very strange opponent who provides a wrinkle that we haven't seen yet and have no good way to prepare for. It comes after a divisional game against a rival. It has all the earmarks of a true letdown game.

This one could get iffy fairly quickly.

ChiefGator
12-04-2018, 09:57 AM
So, if we beat the Ravens and then beat the Chargers.. doesn't that secure the AFC West title for us?

Halfcan
12-04-2018, 09:58 AM
Joe Flacco might get the start lol

Either way, I don't think they can keep up with our offense.

I hope Andy installs a lot of quick hitters to neutralize their pass rush, lots of option pass / runs for Mahomes to get him out in space and wear down that tough Raven D.

Please, don't just run it straight up the middle all day. :rolleyes:

O.city
12-04-2018, 10:00 AM
They've got a really sound good defense. All around.

Chiefs will have to play well to win but they should.

Halfcan
12-04-2018, 10:00 AM
So, if we beat the Ravens and then beat the Chargers.. doesn't that secure the AFC West title for us?

Yes. The Chargers would be 2 back and even if we lose the last 2 games of the season, would have the edge over them.

smithandrew051
12-04-2018, 10:07 AM
Yes. The Chargers would be 2 back and even if we lose the last 2 games of the season, would have the edge over them.

The other option to secure the West without help from the Chargers is to win against Baltimore, Seattle, and Oakland. We would hold the AFC West tiebreaker and finish with the same record if they win out.

Halfcan
12-04-2018, 10:07 AM
People have called about 6 different games this year 'trap' games. They've been wrong, but they keep doing it.

This game, OTOH, is an actual trap game. A somewhat down opponent (who's playing well of late) prior to the game that will almost certainly decide our season against LAC. It's a home game against a very strange opponent who provides a wrinkle that we haven't seen yet and have no good way to prepare for. It comes after a divisional game against a rival. It has all the earmarks of a true letdown game.

This one could get iffy fairly quickly.

Sutton should scrap whatever the hell he has been trying to do on run defense and start over this week. You know they think we are soft up the middle and we are. They are going to try and play ground and pound football so we better be ready for them.

STOP THE RUN! Number 1 Goal this week!

Halfcan
12-04-2018, 10:11 AM
The other option to secure the West without help from the Chargers is to win against Baltimore, Seattle, and Oakland. We would hold the AFC West tiebreaker and finish with the same record if they win out.

Every team we play has major flaws and have scored 100 less points than us. They will have to play a nearly perfect game to beat us and I don't think they will. Chiefs finish 14-2.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-04-2018, 10:11 AM
Grown men have "other" teams? JFC

carcosa
12-04-2018, 10:42 AM
Every team we play has major flaws and have scored 100 less points than us. They will have to play a nearly perfect game to beat us and I don't think they will. Chiefs finish 14-2.

HELL YES BITCH!!!!

DJ's left nut
12-04-2018, 10:46 AM
Sutton should scrap whatever the hell he has been trying to do on run defense and start over this week. You know they think we are soft up the middle and we are. They are going to try and play ground and pound football so we better be ready for them.

STOP THE RUN! Number 1 Goal this week!

Have you watched some of the recent breakdowns on the run defense?

Man, I just don't know what the hell else Sutton can do; what he can truly scrap. I mean he has guys just abandoning their gap so that three of them can crash the same hole and take each other out while the RB just hits the simple cutback for 15 yards.

His safeties won't engage blockers, his down lineman aren't finishing plays. I mean it's incredible just how often these guys are making high school level mistakes.

Veach needs to wear some of this as well. He and Reid were the ones touting the 'attitude' we added to the defense. I'm not seeing it. The best I can see is Hitchens trying really hard when he's taking himself out of the play. The guys putting forth effort are doing so stupidly. The guys that seem to know where they're going don't seem to care if they actually get there.

I think we've definitely reached the 'new voice' stage because I don't know how the hell you get this kind of myriad of mistakes all around the D. But I also don't think it's a result of anything Sutton's defense is doing in particular. These guys are just fisting themselves with fair frequency.

bobbything
12-04-2018, 10:48 AM
If they throw the ball fewer than 20 times, it's going to be a really close game. That means they've kept our offense off the field.

That said, the formula for the Chiefs is to get a stop, get the lead, get a stop, add to the lead, play pattycake the rest of the game on defense. It's worked 10 times thus far. The only teams is hasn't worked against, where our defense had given up the lead with 2 minutes to spare, are very good.

The Ravens have 5 losses. They aren't the Rams or the Patriots. We are at home. I think we win but it'll be just as frustrating on defense in the 2nd half as it's been all year.

RaidersOftheCellar
12-04-2018, 10:53 AM
This defense is #1 with a bullet.

Unstoppable force vs immovable object.

Guess we'll find out if this offense is truly unstoppable.

Mecca
12-04-2018, 10:56 AM
In todays league the top offense beats the top defense...you just hope their offense fucks up enough that it's a win.

wazu
12-04-2018, 11:03 AM
This defense is #1 with a bullet.

Unstoppable force vs immovable object.

Guess we'll find out if this offense is truly unstoppable.

I remember thinking the same thing in the week leading up to our game with Jacksonville.

O.city
12-04-2018, 11:15 AM

Man, I just don't know what the hell else Sutton can do; what he can truly scrap. I mean he has guys just abandoning their gap so that three of them can crash the same hole and take each other out while the RB just hits the simple cutback for 15 yards.

His safeties won't engage blockers, his down lineman aren't finishing plays. I mean it's incredible just how often these guys are making high school level mistakes.

Veach needs to wear some of this as well. He and Reid were the ones touting the 'attitude' we added to the defense. I'm not seeing it. The best I can see is Hitchens trying really hard when he's taking himself out of the play. The guys putting forth effort are doing so stupidly. The guys that seem to know where they're going don't seem to care if they actually get there.

I think we've definitely reached the 'new voice' stage because I don't know how the hell you get this kind of myriad of mistakes all around the D. But I also don't think it's a result of anything Sutton's defense is doing in particular. These guys are just fisting themselves with fair frequency.

This is why I think it's new voice time. They just aren't playing disciplined football. At all. I don't know that ol Bob can really change that.

The Franchise
12-04-2018, 11:17 AM
This is why I think it's new voice time. They just aren't playing disciplined football. At all. I don't know that ol Bob can really change that.

I believe there was a tweet posted in the GDT that Sutton was on the sidelines yelling at players in the secondary. That was early on in the 2nd half....and we got fucking worse. Obviously no one on the defense was listening to him.

Mecca
12-04-2018, 11:18 AM
I believe there was a tweet posted in the GDT that Sutton was on the sidelines yelling at players in the secondary. That was early on in the 2nd half....and we got fucking worse. Obviously no one on the defense was listening to him.

It's not like they'll get benched so why should they care?

Not that I think you could get much worse trying someone else.

RaidersOftheCellar
12-04-2018, 12:54 PM
I remember thinking the same thing in the week leading up to our game with Jacksonville.

We had Hunt and a healthy Watkins in that game. Plus I think Baltimore is better. Maybe much better.

That said, I don't think anyone can stop Mahomes if he's on.

htismaqe
12-04-2018, 12:58 PM
We had Hunt and a healthy Watkins in that game. Plus I think Baltimore is better. Maybe much better.

That said, I don't think anyone can stop Mahomes if he's on.

Jacksonville's defense didn't look bad until Mahomes broke them.

Red Beans
12-04-2018, 01:01 PM
Jacksonville's defense didn't look bad until Mahomes broke them.

Very true. They were hot shit and then dog shit. The transition seemed like happened over the course of that week.

New World Order
12-04-2018, 01:02 PM
I believe there was a tweet posted in the GDT that Sutton was on the sidelines yelling at players in the secondary. That was early on in the 2nd half....and we got ****ing worse. Obviously no one on the defense was listening to him.

LMAO

loochy
12-04-2018, 01:07 PM

Or maybe they were listening to him and that's why they got worse.
Posted via Mobile Device

Halfcan
12-04-2018, 01:09 PM

Excellent post! It really is a chicken and egg quandary. First off- everything you said. I don't think I have ever seen worse Safety play for the Chiefs unless you go back into the mid 80's...maybe. When Bob does freaking call the perfect play and catches them behind the line for a huge loss on a running play- Murray misses the tackle and gives up 25 easy yards.

On other plays I am sitting there practically yelling at the TV- They are going to run this....and they do.... and we look completely out of place, like it was a HUGE surprise--there goes the 5th, 8 yard run of the game. It is insane.

Parker, Murray, and Sorensen are the worst Safeties in the NFL and offer zero run support. Look what Derwin James has done for the Chargers, he has more production and big plays than all 3 of these guys put together.

Then you have Hitchens who sucks in coverage, biting on a head fake for an easy TD. Who do blame on that? Sutton since there was no help deep- or Hitchens for being so slow and pathetic?

No Superbowl winner has ever had a D giving up 7 yards a carry on the ground- it is unsustainable and the Achilles heel of this team.

Sassy Squatch
12-04-2018, 01:17 PM
Excellent post! It really is a chicken and egg quandary. First off- everything you said. I don't think I have ever seen worse Safety play for the Chiefs unless you go back into the mid 80's...maybe. When Bob does freaking call the perfect play and catches them behind the line for a huge loss on a running play- Murray misses the tackle and gives up 25 easy yards.

On other plays I am sitting there practically yelling at the TV- They are going to run this....and they do.... and we look completely out of place, like it was a HUGE surprise--there goes the 5th, 8 yard run of the game. It is insane.

Parker, Murray, and Sorensen are the worst Safeties in the NFL and offer zero run support. Look what Derwin James has done for the Chargers, he has more production and big plays than all 3 of these guys put together.

Then you have Hitchens who sucks in coverage, biting on a head fake for an easy TD. Who do blame on that? Sutton since there was no help deep- or Hitchens for being so slow and pathetic?

No Superbowl winner has ever had a D giving up 7 yards a carry on the ground- it is unsustainable and the Achilles heel of this team.
Hitchens was on the sideline earlier in the game with a gimpy quad. Sutton is a fucking moron for putting him into 1 on 1 coverage with no help over the top against their best receiver.

mikezpen
12-04-2018, 01:32 PM
There was a discussion earlier about elite quarterbacks and the Super Bowl.You don't need one to go all the way in a given year. We won in 2000 with Trent Dilfer who was about as un-elite as you can get. Joe Flacco took us to the title in 2012. While he was very good then, I wouldn't have called him quite "Elite". He certainly hasn't maintained that level since.

So Mahomes is certainly good enough to take you all the way.Quite amazing for a second-year QB.

Despite the pass-happy nature of the NFL, I'm old fashioned; I still believe that offense wins games but defense wins championships. That's our big edge over you.

You won't beat us because you overpower our defense and score 45 points.It's too good. I'm afraid our offense will try to run, run, run, and you'll be ready for that. We could also turn the ball over and give you a couple of easy scores. I'm afraid our offense may tank early, and things will snowball. That's why I think you have the edge in this game.

The Ravens should become even more strange than they already are.

So if I'm Harbaugh, I come out throwing, Sunday. You'll be packing the box to stop the run. That leaves single coverage on our wide-outs. Given a little protection, Jackson can exploit that because the Chiefs won't expect it.We slow your rush with play-action which your front seven must respect, and then let 'er rip.It could net us a quick score and set the Chiefs back on their heels.

If we score first, it gives us some momentum and we'll make a game of it.

htismaqe
12-04-2018, 01:36 PM
Despite the pass-happy nature of the NFL, I'm old fashioned; I still believe that offense wins games but defense wins championships. That's our big edge over you.

You won't beat us because you overpower our defense and score 45 points.

You'll have to excuse us if we're a little dismissive but we've heard this kind of stuff already this season.

mr. tegu
12-04-2018, 02:03 PM
Only one game did the opposing defense actually really slow down the Chiefs, and that was at Denver. In the rest of our “low” scoring games we scored around “only” 30 points because we stopped trying to score in the fourth quarter due to having big leads.

Marcellus
12-04-2018, 02:23 PM
Ravens have forced the 3rd fewest turnovers in the NFL and haven't had an INT in 32 quarters and and 1 full OT period. That's 8+ games.

Their only shot to win this game is with turnovers and they haven't been doing that.

Suggs is the team leader in sacks with 6.5.

Meanwhile they had 4 fumbles last week.

The line is 8.5 I think KC covers.

terp1976
12-04-2018, 02:24 PM
Only one game did the opposing defense actually really slow down the Chiefs, and that was at Denver. In the rest of our “low” scoring games we scored around “only” 30 points because we stopped trying to score in the fourth quarter due to having big leads.

Arizona would disagree with you.

terp1976
12-04-2018, 02:26 PM
Ravens have forced the 3rd fewest turnovers in the NFL and haven't had an INT in 32 quarters and and 1 full OT period. That's 8+ games.

Their only shot to win this game is with turnovers and they haven't been doing that.

Your bookie is raping you. Its 6.5

Marcellus
12-04-2018, 02:32 PM
Your bookie is raping you. Its 6.5

Opened at -8.5, most recent I see now is -7.

mr. tegu
12-04-2018, 02:36 PM
Arizona would disagree with you.

The score was 26-14 with 10 minutes left in the game. The next two possessions the Chiefs had, which were their last two of the game, they ran 6 plays with five runs and one pass. Two three and outs. The Cardinals can disagree but they would be wrong.

terp1976
12-04-2018, 02:40 PM
The score was 26-14 with 10 minutes left in the game. The next two possessions the Chiefs had, which were their last two of the game, they ran 6 plays with five runs and one pass. Two three and outs. The Cardinals can disagree but they would be wrong.

Only one game did the opposing defense actually really slow down the Chiefs, and that was at Denver

20 after three quarters is slowing the Chiefs down. Come on Man....

RaidersOftheCellar
12-04-2018, 02:44 PM

True. That was the only time they've truly been slowed. And it was largely due to being spooked by a raucous crowd.

mr. tegu
12-04-2018, 02:56 PM
Only one game did the opposing defense actually really slow down the Chiefs, and that was at Denver

20 after three quarters is slowing the Chiefs down. Come on Man....

I said “game” which surprisingly enough means for a whole game. Only once did they get slowed down for a game. Sure it took a few extra minutes into the fourth quarter against Arizona to score again but if the Chiefs needed more points in that game they would have done so.

mikezpen
12-04-2018, 03:03 PM

Suggs is the team leader in sacks with 6.5.

We played the Steelers twice, the Falcons and the Saints. The Saints are tied for second in points, and Pittsburgh is 4th.All are top-10 teams in total offense and the most they scored against us was (Saints) 24 points.Of course we slipped against a couple of lessor teams-but not lately.

I know our D doesn't blow you away statistically-till you get to yards and points allowed part-but that's where it counts.

Shoes
12-04-2018, 03:04 PM
There was a discussion earlier about elite quarterbacks and the Super Bowl.You don't need one to go all the way in a given year. We won in 2000 with Trent Dilfer who was about as un-elite as you can get. Joe Flacco took us to the title in 2012. While he was very good then, I wouldn't have called him quite "Elite". He certainly hasn't maintained that level since.

So Mahomes is certainly good enough to take you all the way.Quite amazing for a second-year QB.

You won't beat us because you overpower our defense and score 45 points.It's too good. I'm afraid our offense will try to run, run, run, and you'll be ready for that. We could also turn the ball over and give you a couple of easy scores. I'm afraid our offense may tank early, and things will snowball. That's why I think you have the edge in this game.

The Ravens should become even more strange than they already are.

So if I'm Harbaugh, I come out throwing, Sunday. You'll be packing the box to stop the run. That leaves single coverage on our wide-outs. Given a little protection, Jackson can exploit that because the Chiefs won't expect it.We slow your rush with play-action which your front seven must respect, and then let 'er rip.It could net us a quick score and set the Chiefs back on their heels.

If we score first, it gives us some momentum and we'll make a game of it.

I don't think you're going to get much of an argument in regards to most of ChiefsPlanet thinks the Ravens are a formidable opponent- albeit a strange one with Lamar Jackson at the helm. This is very much a similar game that happened in Arrowhead Week 5 against Jacksonville- very strong defense and a good running team.

Chiefs defense is a very different animal at home- how is Lamar Jackson going to handle the noise and atmosphere at Arrowhead on Sunday? Atlanta was his first start on the road and he was 12/21 for 125 yards throwing although he did run for an additional 75. Lamar will have to have his best game as a pro on Sunday if Baltimore has a chance. The Chiefs have been on the other side in previous years- relying on takeaways, taking care of the football, dominating the time of possession, special teams plays and the occasional big play to put them in a position to win. If everything goes right can the Ravens squeak out a win? Sure they can.

That being said the Chiefs dominate this game at home and show why they are one of the best teams in football, with a generational QB at the helm.

Marcellus
12-04-2018, 03:17 PM
We played the Steelers twice, the Falcons and the Saints. The Saints are tied for second in points, and Pittsburgh is 4th.All are top-10 teams in total offense and the most they scored against us was (Saints) 24 points.Of course we slipped against a couple of lessor teams-but not lately.

I know our D doesn't blow you away statistically-till you get to yards and points allowed part-but that's where it counts.

The 2 games we lost were because of untimely turnovers, specifically INT's and sack trip fumbles. The Ravens aren't generating those. I think this match up plays more favorable for the Chiefs.

I get the yards and points thing but seriously doubt that they will stop Mahomes very consistently.

ThaVirus
12-04-2018, 04:40 PM
Blake Bortles!!!!!!

Ah, right. I had forgotten about that scrub.

htismaqe
12-04-2018, 04:44 PM

None of those offenses are the Chiefs. Their offense doesn't just blow you away statistically, it literally blows you away. They've ruined a couple of seasons already.

Halfcan
12-04-2018, 04:45 PM

We beat the dogshit out of the Steelers in their house. The Falcons suck, nobody is scared of that Offense and the Saints just lost to the Cowboys.

The game will be closer because we lost Hunt, but Chiefs will win by 10. Ravens will think they are in it the entire game and then wonder how they lost by 2 scores.

MTG#10
12-04-2018, 04:47 PM
We're certainly going to be ****ed by the refs against yet another LA team next Thursday, so do you all think they'll call this game fair? Surely they cant **** us two games in a row can they?