PDA

View Full Version : Life Any lawyers on CP

bdj23
12-06-2018, 03:30 PM
Especially ones that deal with shitty property management companies?

Could one pm me if they have a little bit of time.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-06-2018, 03:31 PM
I'm a shitty property manager. Can I be of assistance. If you let the place get infested with Bed Bugs and Roaches thats on you!

TambaBerry
12-06-2018, 03:33 PM
This is the internet we're all lawyers

bdj23
12-06-2018, 03:34 PM

lel

Thought so

bdj23
12-06-2018, 03:39 PM
I'm a shitty property manager. Can I be of assistance. If you let the place get infested with Bed Bugs and Roaches thats on you!

Basically i feel like my apartment complex isnt holding up their end of the lease, especially when it comes to a specific clause. I want to move, and move ASAP. But we still have 6 months left on our lease.

mlyonsd
12-06-2018, 03:42 PM

ROFL. Awesome.

chinaski
12-06-2018, 03:43 PM
There is an entire thread full of legal experts on page one...

bdj23
12-06-2018, 03:45 PM
There is an entire thread full of legal experts on page one...

D'oh

Ive never noticed it

Rasputin
12-06-2018, 03:50 PM
Where did the landlord touch you?

Ming the Merciless
12-06-2018, 03:52 PM
Basically i feel like my apartment complex isnt holding up their end of the lease, especially when it comes to a specific clause. I want to move, and move ASAP. But we still have 6 months left on our lease.

What clause are they violating? And have you informed them and given them warning to correct the problem?

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-06-2018, 03:54 PM

Just fucking move. thats what my shithead tenants do to me. I used to take them to court and get a judgement . Still never got a dime. Now I say fuck it and just clean the place up and rent it back out to the next shithead tenant.

ptlyon
12-06-2018, 03:56 PM
Just ****ing move. thats what my shithead tenants do to me. I used to take them to court and get a judgement . Still never got a dime. Now I say **** it and just clean the place up and rent it back out to the next shithead tenant.

I think we see the common denominator here

Ming the Merciless
12-06-2018, 03:57 PM
Just ****ing move. thats what my shithead tenants do to me. I used to take them to court and get a judgement . Still never got a dime. Now I say **** it and just clean the place up and rent it back out to the next shithead tenant.

If it is a mom and pop owner, this is probably safe. If its acorporation they might get a judgment and ding your credit/ litigation history....

bdj23
12-06-2018, 03:58 PM

I pm'd you

I'm not a shithead tenant, i just don't want to f my credit up because i'm saving to buy a house.

bdj23
12-06-2018, 04:03 PM
If it is a mom and pop owner, this is probably safe. If its acorporation they might get a judgment and ding your credit/ litigation history....

It's an out of state property management company

TribalElder
12-06-2018, 04:05 PM
no, but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night

just let them have the copper, replace it with pvc pipe

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-06-2018, 04:06 PM

I think if you do what I said in the PM your credit will be safe or at least you'll be able to justify the ding to any potential lender.

bdj23
12-06-2018, 04:08 PM
I think if you do what I said in the PM your credit will be safe or at least you'll be able to justify the ding to any potential lender.

Thank you. I appreciate it.

Ming the Merciless
12-06-2018, 04:14 PM

If its a big company they might have a procedure where they just automatically sue you , without regard to common sense or math.

Its a little easier dealing with a local mom and pop...

Another question is:

Is this a big enough issue where 6 more months is worth even going through these possibilities.....?

bdj23
12-06-2018, 04:18 PM
If its a big company they might have a procedure where they just automatically sue you , without regard to common sense or math.

Its a little easier dealing with a local mom and pop...

Another question is:

Is this a big enough issue where 6 more months is worth even going through these possibilities.....?

I'm to the point where every time i sign a check to these people i almost stroke out with anger. 6 months isn't that long of a time i know, but if i can find an out to move, i want to take it.

Ming the Merciless
12-06-2018, 04:20 PM
I'm to the point where every time i sign a check to these people i almost stroke out with anger.

that sucks, man

I hope you get out of there soon. Sounds like they are pretty lame....

BWillie
12-06-2018, 04:29 PM
Property management companies are quite scummy. Sometimes if you can contact the actual owner - they'll even be more reasonable. Property management companies many times will just stifle you and do everything they can to not listen to what you have to say.

jjjayb
12-06-2018, 04:33 PM
UChieffyBugger is a lawyer. But he only deals with deformation of character cases.

bdj23
12-06-2018, 04:34 PM
UChieffyBugger is a lawyer. But he only deals with deformation of character cases.

He is also a britoutstanding citizen and that island should be nuked.

Wait what? They filtered c uck on here?!

BryanBusby
12-06-2018, 06:14 PM
You need to point out all the flaws and document it all and have a lawyer that can handle tenant law form up a legal letter and send it certified mail.

If its on a lawyers letterhead you'll get your shit resolved. If not, you need to give ample notice that you're breaking your lease early because of reasons x,y,z and make it clear that any sort of legal action will be countered with legal action on your end.

When you leave that apartment, shoot a video documenting every single inch of the apartment so they don't try to claim you trashed it.

bdj23
12-06-2018, 06:19 PM
You need to point out all the flaws and document it all and have a lawyer that can handle tenant law form up a legal letter and send it certified mail.

If its on a lawyers letterhead you'll get your shit resolved. If not, you need to give ample notice that you're breaking your lease early because of reasons x,y,z and make it clear that any sort of legal action will be countered with legal action on your end.

When you leave that apartment, shoot a video documenting every single inch of the apartment so they don't try to claim you trashed it.

Sound advice. Thank you very much.

Yehoodi
12-06-2018, 06:19 PM
I am an attorney and manage some property here in Massachusetts. I am not familiar with Kansas law, but some things are the same. Not sure if I could help you.

Bwana
12-06-2018, 06:24 PM
but if i can find an out to move, i want to take it.

This could be a whole new thread. :evil:

Perhaps walk around outside in your skivvies muttering incoherently, loud enough for people to hear you?

Go to the local pet store and buy a gallon of live cockroaches and cut them loose? The possibilities are endless. :D

Bugeater
12-06-2018, 06:31 PM
I've worked for several shitty property management companies, and while I'm not sure what your issue is, if it's with on site management and you have not yet contacted the corporate office regarding it, you need to do so immediately. Corporate doesn't like to hear from residents and generally will do whatever they need to do to keep from hearing from you again, even if the issue is your fault.

lewdog
12-06-2018, 09:12 PM
PM Frazod.

T-post Tom
12-06-2018, 09:15 PM
I'm to the point where every time i sign a check to these people i almost stroke out with anger. 6 months isn't that long of a time i know, but if i can find an out to move, i want to take it.

Invite Kareem Hunt to be your house guest for an extended stay. You'll be out before you know it.

lcarus
12-06-2018, 09:16 PM
I'm not but let's say you and I go toe to toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-06-2018, 09:17 PM
PM Bob Dole.

Fixed:D

Fish
12-06-2018, 09:29 PM
The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements.

bdj23
12-06-2018, 11:21 PM
PM Frazod.

He'd just tell me to shoot em

A Salt Weapon
12-07-2018, 08:34 AM

You don’t need a lawyer.
You need to quit renting and paying someone else’s mortgage and start paying your own.

A Salt Weapon
12-07-2018, 08:35 AM
He'd just tell me to shoot em

I mean it’s good advice. It solves the problem.

scho63
12-07-2018, 09:51 AM
Where did the landlord touch you?

ROFLROFL