PDA

View Full Version : News Thomas Dimitroff out in ATL?

Hoover
12-11-2018, 01:15 PM
Thought I heard this on the radio when I was out for lunch?

Does that mean Pioli takes over?

chiefforlife
12-11-2018, 01:22 PM
If true, Dimitroff brought Pioli to Atlanta. Cant see them handing it over to him. What a mess.

lcarus
12-11-2018, 01:25 PM
They should can their coaching staff as well. They're underachieving. Especially on offense.

gblowfish
12-11-2018, 01:26 PM
Pioli will have to get his father in law to call around and find him another job.

htismaqe
12-11-2018, 01:42 PM
They should can their coaching staff as well. They're underachieving. Especially on offense.

That happens when everybody thinks you have a franchise QB but you really have a very good game manager.

Athis
12-11-2018, 01:47 PM
I have looked all over the net and nothing...I think it is BS..I think he just got a huge extension..if that means anything.

Rain Man
12-11-2018, 01:48 PM
That happens when everybody thinks you have a franchise QB but you really have a very good game manager.

If we had traded up to draft Matt Ryan instead of Glenn Dorsey, we wouldn't have Patrick Mahomes II today. Scary thought.

JakeF
12-11-2018, 01:49 PM
Atlanta has many of the same players that were good last year. Did they have tons of injuries? Why did they fall apart?

BigRock
12-11-2018, 01:54 PM
There was a fake tweet about him getting fired that someone from ESPN fell for. That probably led to some places reporting it as true.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-11-2018, 02:44 PM
I'm sure Pioli is sharpening his knives at his secret lair--inside Satan's asshole.

Buehler445
12-11-2018, 02:58 PM
Franchise Killer strikes again. He doesn’t even need the big desk to ruin franchises.

Hammock Parties
12-11-2018, 03:07 PM
I'm sure Pioli is sharpening his knives at his secret lair--inside Satan's asshole.

i see you haven't lost your edge ROFL

Hydrae
12-11-2018, 03:09 PM
Atlanta has many of the same players that were good last year. Did they have tons of injuries? Why did they fall apart?

Don't follow them much at all but I know they had several injuries in defense, especially their starting safeties.

RippedmyFlesh
12-11-2018, 03:17 PM
There was a fake tweet about him getting fired that someone from ESPN fell for. That probably led to some places reporting it as true.

This makes sense. He did his job got them enough talent to get to sb. Can't ask a gm to do more. The hc however has some splaining to do.

Frosty
12-11-2018, 03:47 PM

Lost a bunch of players to injury on their defense including their excellent safety and LB. Lost their #1 RB and both guards on offense. They are also still having issues with Steve Sarkisian, their OC (I don't think he is very good and the offense has taken a big step back since Shanahan left).

DJ's left nut
12-11-2018, 04:13 PM

Eh.

They're an above average offensive squad who lost their #1 runningback and are working with a mediocre OL. Julio is spectacular sure, but that's reflected in Matt Ryan's 4,000 yards passing, 28 scores and 108 passer rating.

Their passing game has been a lot better than you realize but they haven't been able to make up for the loss of Freeman. Their passing game won't be much worse than that 2016 season when Ryan won the MVP, they just don't have the rushing attack to supplement it. That's why I'm a little puzzled by the calls for Tevin Coleman in FA - he's been pretty much ass as the lead dog in ATL.

Where they've really sucked horribly is on defense. They're giving up more points than we are, more yards per play than we are, they can't get after the passer and they're one of the worst in the league at generating turnovers. If you take our defense then remove the sacks and takeaways, you pretty much have their defense. Teams are converting better than 50% of their 3rd downs against Atlanta and a staggering 88% of their 4th downs (ATL has managed 1 4th down stop all season).

If you take everything our defense does even moderately well and remove it, you have the Falcons defense. Tragically that is in no small part due to their horrible safety play. And they STILL decided that Ron Parker wasn't good enough to make their team...yet he starts for ours.

I mean this is just a long-winded way of saying you're wrong. The offense has been about what you would expect of a team that lost its top RB; pass heavy but largely productive through the air. It's the defense that has been a complete shitshow.

lcarus
12-11-2018, 04:24 PM
Eh.

They're an above average offensive squad who lost their #1 runningback and are working with a mediocre OL. Julio is spectacular sure, but that's reflected in Matt Ryan's 4,000 yards passing, 28 scores and 108 passer rating.

Their passing game has been a lot better than you realize but they haven't been able to make up for the loss of Freeman. Their passing game won't be much worse than that 2016 season when Ryan won the MVP, they just don't have the rushing attack to supplement it. That's why I'm a little puzzled by the calls for Tevin Coleman in FA - he's been pretty much ass as the lead dog in ATL.

Where they've really sucked horribly is on defense. They're giving up more points than we are, more yards per play than we are, they can't get after the passer and they're one of the worst in the league at generating turnovers. If you take our defense then remove the sacks and takeaways, you pretty much have their defense. Teams are converting better than 50% of their 3rd downs against Atlanta and a staggering 88% of their 4th downs (ATL has managed 1 4th down stop all season).

If you take everything our defense does even moderately well and remove it, you have the Falcons defense. Tragically that is in no small part due to their horrible safety play. And they STILL decided that Ron Parker wasn't good enough to make their team...yet he starts for ours.

I mean this is just a long-winded way of saying you're wrong. The offense has been about what you would expect of a team that lost its top RB; pass heavy but largely productive through the air. It's the defense that has been a complete shitshow.

Losing Freeman hurts no doubt but they should still be better. Coleman was productive for them, they have a good rookie WR to go with Julio, and Matt Ryan, love him or hate him, was torching defenses 2 years ago. It's the last 7 games or so that they've just turned to dog shit. Averaging 17 pts a game in their last 7 and some of those were late late garbage points.

srvy
12-11-2018, 04:59 PM
Vikings fired offensive coordinator DeFilippo today. Maybe you just misheard the name.