PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How far the expectations have moved for this team...

petegz28
12-13-2018, 09:46 AM
We all knew Mahomes was going to be a good\great QB. I think most though didn't expect what we are seeing from him this quickly in his career. At the beginning of the season I think most of us would have been thrilled with a winning record and a playoff berth of any kind.

Flash forward 13 games into the season:

We have secured the winning record
We have secured the playoff berth of any kind

Tonight we look to seal the deal on the division, guarantee a bye week in the playoffs and come 1 game closer to locking up HFA.

Win or lose tonight I think the season thus far has been quite the success. Even with a loss we only remove room for error on a division title and HFA.

So while we are all rightfully hyped up for the game tonight I think it important to keep some perspective and realize how far and fast our expectations of this season have moved.

Adversity has been the biggest challenge of late. We aren't catching many breaks on the injury front yet we keep trucking.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
12-13-2018, 10:04 AM
I expect every call to go our way from now on. Rigged otherwise.

wutamess
12-13-2018, 10:16 AM
FUCK THAT! I had HUGE expectations from the get once we get rid of Alex Smith. The throws Mahomes made in preseason last year left me wanting MORE. Was praying Alex got hurt early in the Tennessee game as I knew we'd only then have a chance at the Superbowl.

For now, I'd settle for the AFC Championship game. If we go to the Superbowl, that's a YOLO moment I'm going to have to indulge in in Atl.

For those of you that scoff at me hoping AS11 got hurt... GFYs!!!
He'll live.

Hammock Parties
12-13-2018, 10:16 AM
Unfortunately expectations remain stagnant for Pete threads

smithandrew051
12-13-2018, 10:18 AM
It would be funny to pull some quotes from the first preseason game thread. We looked awful and I bet most of the season predictions were around 6-10.

WhawhaWhat
12-13-2018, 10:19 AM
Unfortunately expectations remain stagnant for Pete threads

https://media1.tenor.com/images/71926e9d3b16392d491113f0ac5fd708/tenor.gif?itemid=5220244

petegz28
12-13-2018, 10:47 AM
It would be funny to pull some quotes from the first preseason game thread. We looked awful and I bet most of the season predictions were around 6-10.

I would have been in that camp. I expected more of a rough year for PM just due to a learning curve.....

Pitt Gorilla
12-13-2018, 10:49 AM
Some were expecting Pat to throw only 30 tds. LMAO

Hammock Parties
12-13-2018, 10:51 AM
Some were expecting Pat to throw only 30 tds. LMAO

And we would have been just fine with that.

Fat Elvis
12-13-2018, 11:49 AM
:titus:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=13526419&postcount=27

Realistically?

Assuming he stays healthy, I expect Mahomes to top 5,000 passing yards.

In his first start, playing with scrubs against one of the best pass D's in the NFL, he put up 284 yards. Assuming that is an average game for him, he is already at 4,544 yards for the season. With scrubs. Against a good pass D.

To top 5,000 yards in a 16 game season, he would have to average 312 passing yards per game.

The question you have to ask yourself is whether or not you believe that Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Travis Kelce, and Kareem Hunt can contribute another 28 yards per game, on average, against typically lesser defenses.

Another way to think about it: Do you think that Mahomes, with those tools, can average about 26 passing yards per possession over the course of a season? Considering that he (so far) averages 8.11 yards per attempt, I think that over the course of a season, he can hit that mark with relative ease.

Shoes
12-13-2018, 11:55 AM
My expectations from 4/23/2018:

My expectations for Mahomes is ~4000 yards with 28 passing touchdowns. Maybe the comparable isn't perfect since Rodgers had a couple more years of being the backup behind Favre but I think rookie Aaron Rodgers numbers is what we can expect. Probably a few more interceptions than we would like to see (my guess is around 13 INTs).

We are going polar opposite from way too conservative Alex Smith to an ultra aggressive Patrick Mahomes, even in the Denver game there were a couple decisions that were too risky (deep to Harris on the last drive, across his body to Sherman in the start of the 4th). I think we'll fare better team wise than Green Bay did in Rodgers first year though at 6-10. I have the Chiefs being around 9-7, we'll see how the draft goes.

Predicted 9-7, 28 passing TDs with 13 INTs.

I'm a lowlife loser. All hail Saint Patrick.