PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 14 pt lead blown in 5 minutes..add it to the list

petegz28
12-13-2018, 10:53 PM
Yeah, I know, it's the players. Whether it's Peters\Smith or DJ, Hali, Houston, Scandrick, Nelson, Ford, Hitches, Berry, Sorenson...doesn't matter

It's not a coinkydink that the defensive coordinator we have has managed to coach defenses that consistently piss away double-digit leads for 5 years now. It's all the players.....

Edit: After further review this is yet another historical type choke by a Sutton defense.

His notables:

2 of the 4 biggest blown leads in playoff history (Ten & Indy)
Only team to score 50+ points and lose
And now this one where this is only the 4th or 5th time in the last 1040+ games where a team blew a 14pt lead in the last 5 min and the only team to do it this season

Spott
12-13-2018, 10:54 PM
It’s why you never, ever get your hopes up about this franchise.

KChiefs1
12-13-2018, 10:55 PM
Even Mahomes can't overcome Bob Sutton.

Jimmya
12-13-2018, 10:56 PM
Yes...but where are the Sutton faithful to defend him?

SupDock
Yeah, I know, it's the players. Whether it's Peters\Smith or DJ, Hali, Houston, Scandrick, Nelson, Ford, Hitches, Berry, Sorenson...doesn't matter

It's not a coinkydink that the defensive coordinator we have has managed to coach defenses that consistently piss away double-digit leads for 5 years now. It's all the players.....

How is this shit possible?

BlackHelicopters
Another long offseason.

BlackHelicopters
12-13-2018, 10:57 PM
Because Chiefs

TribalElder
12-13-2018, 10:57 PM
its because Tony G was there

TambaBerry
12-13-2018, 10:58 PM
I mean a block in the fucking back and a false start put our offense way back. Absolutely pathetic bullshit

Sassy Squatch
Don't forget being the first to lose when putting up 50 points.

BlackHelicopters
Sutton is why we can’t have nice things

nealrm
12-13-2018, 10:59 PM
What does it take to get Sutton fired. Does he have blackmail photos of the front office or what?

The chiefs office can't stop a sneeze.

Red Dawg
I have taken heat all year with my shit but I'm right. You vmcant win a title with a defense this bad. It won't happen. NFL is rigged like I thought but bringing back Sutton for a 6th year was an act of stupidity.
Posted via Mobile Device

kcpasco
ANDY REIED

RickObie
12-13-2018, 11:00 PM
No no it’s never Sutton’s fault - how many arguments with CPers about Sutton do I have to get into with until they get it. The game has passed him by but it’s the players fault

gold_and_red
12-13-2018, 11:00 PM
As soon we went up by 14 I knew that the next Chargers drive would result in a TD. This D has no killer instinct and is too soft to close out games.

thebrad84
12-13-2018, 11:01 PM
8 yards. 8 fucking yards. There wasn't a single Chiefs defender within 8 FUCKING YARDS of the Charges best WR on the field when the game's on the line. That is a clear indication that your defense is terribly coached and has some really stupid players on it.

MMXcalibur
Oh, and Keenan Allen was out for the majority of the game.
Put that feather in your fucking cap, Bobby.

Jimmya
I have wanted the old fu** out for 3 years but he has some faithful dumbasses around these parts.

kcpasco
Sucks but Andy will never win it all

Imon Yourside
I can't argue, man this shit is depressing. :(

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
12-13-2018, 11:02 PM
Great timeout by Andy

petegz28
Don't forget being the first to lose when putting up 50 points.

No shit. In our 3 losses we have scored 109 points. Think about that. 109 points. Thats over 35+ points a game average in games you lost!!!!

greg63
Sutton is why we can’t have nice things

He's likely the reason we won't be celebrating a Super Bowl win yet again this year.

gold_and_red
Even if it is not Sutton's "faullt" i.e. he is calling the right defenses but the players just don't execute the atrocity is still occurring under his watch. He needs to go purely to inject some freshness and change of culture.

DelFan
12-13-2018, 11:04 PM
And when you absolutely had to have a first down in the last offesive series, what did Andy call up? A run in the middle on first down. I saw that coming five minutes before they actually did it. Everyone knew he would go soft on 1st down and it ratcheted up the tension. And what about the 3rd down call? I guess we have a pocket passer who is awful outside the pocket because that is where Andy put him with the game teetering on the brink. Did you see any designed rollouts? I only saw rollouts on scrambles.

And only one long pass that doinked off Tyreek's helmet.

Typical Andy. Cannot coach a win out of a tough situation in the 2nd half. Saw it for 14 years in Philly and it continues in KC. Only when the team takes it out of Andy's hands can they count on winning high profile games.

COchief
No no it’s never Sutton’s fault - how many arguments with CPers about Sutton do I have to get into with until they get it. The game has passed him by but it’s the players fault

Kindly GFY, on the play of the game his top corners were completely lost on how to defend a simple trips cross and gave up an uncontested layup for the game. That's plain and simple coaching asshole.

NJChiefsFan
its because Tony G was there

Figure out he whereabouts for the playoff losses under Reid.

greg63
Great timeout by Andy

Yup! Great call to run the ball netting a three yard loss deep in our end of the field late in the game.

RealSNR
12-13-2018, 11:05 PM
I've been on and off the Sutton debate for a long time. I stopped caring about it and let other people duke it out.

At this point Reid HAS to fire Sutton. It's an accountability thing. He can defend his guys all he wants and make claims about how it starts with him, but the bottom line is there is and has been a giant problem that has gone UNFIXED since around the end of 2015. The defense has been awful. For whatever reason.

Head coaches get fired all the time in this league. These kind of collapses can't ALL be blamed on lack of talent. And I don't care if it really is all about lack of talent.

You need to refresh. You need to take the bad and you need to try something new with it.

Hunt has GOT to step in and tell Reid to find a new guy.

Rain Man
12-13-2018, 11:05 PM
I seriously hate these scripts where we blow big leads, and they're getting old. The NFL needs to change up the story line.

petegz28
12-13-2018, 11:06 PM
And when you absolutely had to have a first down in the last offesive series, what did Andy call up? A run in the middle on first down. I saw that coming five minutes before they actually did it. Everyone knew he would go soft on 1st down and it ratcheted up the tension. And what about the 3rd down call? I guess we have a pocket passer who is awful outside the pocket because that is where Andy put him with the game teetering on the brink. Did you see any designed rollouts? I only saw rollouts on scrambles.

And only one long pass that doinked off Tyreek's helmet.

Typical Andy. Cannot coach a win out of a tough situation in the 2nd half. Saw it for 14 years in Philly and it continues in KC. Only when the team takes it out of Andy's hands can they count on winning high profile games.

Dude we had a 14 point lead with 5 minutes to go. An NFL defense has got to be able to protect a 14 point lead for 5 minutes at home when you are ready to lock shit up. Now, did we get get bent over by the Refs? Most certainly. But this is like a broken record with Bob Sutton and his defenses.

Reerun_KC
12-13-2018, 11:06 PM

Those folks lined up in droves to defend him during the Alex era. But now they are turning.

Classic XP cowards.

PunkinDrublic
12-13-2018, 11:07 PM
Defense is what it is. We should’ve gotten a first down against the Chargers suck ass defense and went three and out. It was a fluke loss. Two of their TD’s were aided by B.S flags.

Baby Lee
12-13-2018, 11:07 PM

Sad to lose htis again after getting back again for a little while.

kcpasco
12-13-2018, 11:08 PM
Sutton should die

greg63
12-13-2018, 11:08 PM
I've been on and off the Sutton debate for a long time. I stopped caring about it and let other people duke it out.

At this point Reid HAS to fire Sutton. It's an accountability thing. He can defend his guys all he wants and make claims about how it starts with him, but the bottom line is there is and has been a giant problem that has gone UNFIXED since around the end of 2015. The defense has been awful. For whatever reason.

Head coaches get fired all the time in this league. These kind of collapses can't ALL be blamed on lack of talent. And I don't care if it really is all about lack of talent.

You need to refresh. You need to take the bad and you need to try something new with it.

Hunt has GOT to step in and tell Reid to find a new guy.

I vote he do it immediately. One of the other assistant defensive coaches couldn't possibly do worse.

kcpasco
12-13-2018, 11:09 PM
Defense is what it is. We should’ve gotten a first down against the Chargers suck ass defense and went three and out. It was a fluke loss. Two of their TD’s were aided by B.S flags.

Andy and Sutton

DrunkBassGuitar

Yeah I get that but on the other hand the offense has to be able to make mistakes or have a bad drive late. There's no room for error with this defense.

Rain Man
What's the deal with the defense anyway? Here's where they've ranked during Reid's and Sutton's tenure?

2013 - 5th in points, 24th in yards
2014 - 2nd in points, 7th in yards
2015 - 3rd in points, 7th in yards
2016 - 7th in points, 24th in yards
2017 - 15th in points, 28th in yards
2018 (to date) - 28th in points, 30th in yards

What's different between these years? If anything, we have more talent now then we did in 2014 and 2015.

petegz28
12-13-2018, 11:10 PM

All night long how many times did the Chargers convert on 2nd and 3rd and even 4th down? We got 5 sacks and took the ball away twice and lost. Our offense put up 28 points. You know what that adds up too? A defense that can't even slow a team down let alone stop them. Sure, we got ass raped by the Refs, I won't argue that. But the fact is we let the Chargers go up and down the field on us the entire second half. And when one of the few times that our offense sputters, our defense completely shits down its leg.

And this has been a tradition now with the Bob Sutton defenses in KC. No lead is ever safe with this guy for whatever reason.

TEX
12-13-2018, 11:11 PM
Dude we had a 14 point lead with 5 minutes to go. An NFL defense has got to be able to protect a 14 point lead for 5 minutes at home when you are ready to lock shit up. Now, did we get get bent over by the Refs? Most certainly. But this is like a broken record with Bob Sutton and his defenses.

Nailed it. 14 point lead with 5 mins to go and you blow the lead. Again.

Rain Man
12-13-2018, 11:12 PM

Yeah, that final offensive drive was an abomination. Complete and utter self-destruction. One first down and we likely would have won, and two first downs was a guaranteed win. But they started at the ten or whatever and completely imploded. At that point, it was clear that we were goners since there's no way that Los Angeles wouldn't be awarded a touchdown.

Chiefnj2
Need some talent in the backfield. Parker, Sorenson and Scandrick don't start on any other roster. Nelson is overrated.

petegz28
What's the deal with the defense anyway? Here's where they've ranked during Reid's and Sutton's tenure?

What's different between these years? If anything, we have more talent now then we did in 2014 and 2015.

They have largely depended on turnovers and outscoring opponents. But even in all those years what have they done? Blown big leads. Bob Sutton has blown more double digit leads than anyone I can remember in KC including GRob.

If your defense can't pick up your offense on the rare occasion they don't score when you have a 14 point lead you have issues. Is it the players? Maybe. But when it happens consistently you have to look at what the players are being asked to do.

Jimmya
12-13-2018, 11:13 PM
Agree with Drunk... We shouldn't have to be perfect on offense every drive... We just need a semblance of a defense. Chiefs defensive scheme getting destroyed all over sports radio... Change is needed

Rain Man
12-13-2018, 11:13 PM
And this has been a tradition now with the Bob Sutton defenses in KC. No lead is ever safe with this guy for whatever reason.

This is really the core issue. I've never seen a defense that is so anti-clutch. Whenever we need them, they curl up into a fetal position. The personnel has changed over time, so it has to be the system.

TEX
12-13-2018, 11:14 PM
All night long how many times did the Chargers convert on 2nd and 3rd and even 4th down? We got 5 sacks and took the ball away twice and lost. Our offense put up 28 points. You know what that adds up too? A defense that can't even slow a team down let alone stop them. Sure, we got ass raped by the Refs, I won't argue that. But the fact is we let the Chargers go up and down the field on us the entire second half. And when one of the few times that our offense sputters, our defense completely shits down its leg.

And no matter the talent level...

DrunkBassGuitar

What was the TOP in the 2nd Q?

fan4ever
I know there are a lot of people who love Reid, and I think he's a great head coach, but it seems to me every year as he garners a number of wins he begins to become more and more conservative, in his play calling, and how he handles a lead. I didn't see any of the innovation we saw earlier in the year...this looked like a vanilla offense tonight. It's like he's at a poker table and he doesn't want to lose any of his chips so he starts betting modestly even though he's got the cards.

Halfcan
NFL wants to gift Dickface Rivers a SB ring- they have been propping them up with crooked refs all fucking year. Fuck you Rivers and Fuck you NFL you corrupt mafia mother fuckers!!

PAChiefsGuy
12-13-2018, 11:15 PM
That was a tough loss guys. FUCK... Nothing we can do about it now just have to get ready for the next opponent and learn from this. Horrible job by the offense and defense in the last 5-minutes.

PunkinDrublic
12-13-2018, 11:16 PM

I’m just really upset with the play calling on that last offensive series. We didn’t need to score, just get one first down to put the fucking game away. They went into a shell at the wrong time.

Best22
12-13-2018, 11:17 PM
I know there are a lot of people who love Reid, and I think he's a great head coach, but it seems to me every year as he garners a number of wins he begins to become more and more conservative, in his play calling, and how he handles a lead. I didn't see any of the innovation we saw earlier in the year...this looked like a vanilla offense tonight. It's like he's at a poker table and he doesn't want to lose any of his chips so he starts betting modestly even though he's got the cards.

Our last drive was a run and two passes. Penalties and a big loss on first down killed the drive

Hard to win when you have two backup guards. Defense was pathetic last two drives

fan4ever
I’m just really upset with the play calling on that last offensive series. We didn’t need to score, just get one first down to put the ****ing game away. They went into a shell at the wrong time.

The last offensive series sucked...but it's not why we had almost half of the yards we usually have in a game.

Frazod
Can somebody do a screen shot of the missed push off with the ref looking right at it?

That was killer. No bodies in the way, standing just a few feet away.

Reerun_KC
Even Mahomes can't overcome Bob Sutton.

Fat Andy.

IowaHawkeyeChief
I’m just really upset with the play calling on that last offensive series. We didn’t need to score, just get one first down to put the ****ing game away. They went into a shell at the wrong time.

I could understand this if we ran the ball 3 times, but we threw it twice and dumb ass Harris false started...

TEX
12-13-2018, 11:18 PM
This is really the core issue. I've never seen a defense that is so anti-clutch. Whenever we need them, they curl up into a fetal position. The personnel has changed over time, so it has to be the system.

The players were lost on the 2pt conversion. It was not some kind of trick play either. The dude just was not covered and TWO Chiefs DB's were just looking at each other looking for answers. GAME OVER.

petegz28
What was the TOP in the 2nd Q?

Wasn't good and why? Just like in the Steelers games. Defense couldn't get the fuck off the field.

fan4ever
Our last drive was a run and two passes. Penalties and a big loss on first down killed the drive

Hard to win when you have two backup guards. Defense was pathetic last two drives

If it weren't for a slew of penalties by LA we'd never have scored that last TD...and yes the D was pathetic.

Molitoth
My love for Mahomes is almost negated by Sutton.

lcarus
12-13-2018, 11:19 PM

Well Derrick Johnson got old and injured so we had to part ways with him and now we're not very good at MLB. Berry hasn't played in 2 seasons now basically. So right there is 2 great players who were leaders on the defense that we've missed this season and last season. Peters was pretty good at locking down his side of the field and grabbing turnovers and now we have Scandrick over there who just consistently gets owned.

FloridaMan88
The defense is a dumpster fire, that’s not new, but it is also a continued theme that Andy Reid’s #1 offense can’t protect the lead with a game clinching drive when given the chance.

petegz28

I agree the play calling sucked but damn.....their defense showed up on the road in a short week and were down by 14. They stopped us. Okay, so our defense needs to go out and do the same.

IowaHawkeyeChief
12-13-2018, 11:20 PM
I hate Rivers, but the throw Rivers made on 4th and 8 under pressure and about to get drilled was amazing... not sure many QBs could do that, and not sure Rivers would be able to ever do it again.

TEX
I could understand this if we ran the ball 3 times, but we threw it twice and dumb ass Harris false started...

I knew we were ****ed when we got backed up by the Special Teams penalty to start the drive.

The Franchise
Can somebody do a screen shot of the missed push off with the ref looking right at it?

That was killer. No bodies in the way, standing just a few feet away.

Meanwhile....Chris Jones was held on the last three plays. Arm around the neck....not fucking called.

petegz28
If it weren't for a slew of penalties by LA we'd never have scored that last TD...and yes the D was pathetic.

IF it weren't for a bullshit call on Sorenson the Chargers never score a TD....

ShowtimeSBMVP
Can we stop acting like arrowhead is a tough place to play

Why Not?
12-13-2018, 11:21 PM
Sucks but Andy will never win it all

Agreed. Hopefully Pat's prime can outlast Andy Reid's remaining career or else we may be looking at Dan Marino 2.0

mnchiefsguy
Sutton's defense has never really been that good.....the years the stats were good the Chiefs played weaked schedules and played a slew of back up QB's.

Sutton should have been fired as soon as the Indy playoff game ended.

Best22

It is when you don’t have the 28th best defense

IowaHawkeyeChief

They were legit penalties... obvious on replay. Unlike the one on the Chargers last drive.

Why Not?
12-13-2018, 11:22 PM

Really. Whenever I start getting worked up about how we probably lost HFA, I realize it wouldn't matter anyway. This D can get beat by anyone, anywhere.

NJChiefsFan
Why did the refs ignore the hit on Rivers if they wanted to help them win? Or severely help us in getting a two score lead?

Are the refs just that damn good that they can do all that and know it will still work out?

TEX
I agree the play calling sucked but damn.....their defense showed up on the road in a short week and were down by 14. They stopped us. Okay, so our defense needs to go out and do the same.

Defense travels. Theirs is #8. Ours is #30. There's a reason why things went the way they did.

Frazod
12-13-2018, 11:23 PM
Meanwhile....Chris Jones was held on the last three plays. Arm around the neck....not fucking called.

Shit, I saw that all night. Wonderful technique. Effective, too.

TomBarndtsTwin
Yes, the secondary sucks and the LBer’s are pussies, but can the Chiefs coaching staff and front office NOT see the epic dipshittery that has occurred since Bob Sutton has been our coordinator?!?

Grow a fucking pair of balls and fire the guy!!! How many all time record collapses do we need?!? Colts in playoffs, Titans in playoffs, now this shit!

GTFO Bob. You may not be the sole reason we lost but we’re tired of your awful stench infecting this franchise. Take your fucking useless corpse and leave you piece of shit.

And, yet, the coaching staff (read: Andy) and front office will sit on their asses and not do a
GD fucking thing about it! Bunch of pussies!!

Our fan base deserves fucking better than this bullshit!

Sick of this shit!!!

IowaHawkeyeChief
Well Derrick Johnson got old and injured so we had to part ways with him and now we're not very good at MLB. Berry hasn't played in 2 seasons now basically. So right there is 2 great players who were leaders on the defense that we've missed this season and last season. Peters was pretty good at locking down his side of the field and grabbing turnovers and now we have Scandrick over there who just consistently gets owned.

and Houston and Hali issues and contracts...

gold_and_red
12-13-2018, 11:24 PM

Yes true. This team seems to play the same both home and away. I am not bothered about seeding at all with this defense.

TEX
12-13-2018, 11:24 PM
Really. Whenever I start getting worked up about how we probably lost HFA, I realize it wouldn't matter anyway. This D can get beat by anyone, anywhere.

Exactly the case. We always choke at home in this manner. Where we play does not matter.

RickObie
12-13-2018, 11:26 PM
Yes true. This team seems to play the same both home and away. I am not bothered about seeding at all with this defense.

Good thing since our defense just plain sucks.

IowaHawkeyeChief
12-13-2018, 11:27 PM
Why did the refs ignore the hit on Rivers if they wanted to help them win? Or severely help us in getting a two score lead?

Are the refs just that damn good that they can do all that and know it will still work out?

Come on... rewind the hit on Rivers and in real time it looks benign from any angle as Rivers was falling and ODan was trying to hit with his shoulder.

The DPI was ridiculous as the dude caught the ball and was a yard out of bounce. It was the perfect example of uncatchable

tk13
12-13-2018, 11:27 PM
If I heard that right... Scott Van Pelt on ESPN just said this is the first time the Chiefs had ever blown a 14 point lead with less than 5 to go, and that the Chargers had never won a game down 14 with less than 5 to go.

NJChiefsFan
12-13-2018, 11:28 PM
I mean in some ways the most because chiefs thing here isn't to get the 5 seed. It's getting the 1 seed this weekend and having a month to prepare, only to lose to some 6 seed at home.

Halfcan
12-13-2018, 11:31 PM
Total rigged bullshit- the corrupt refs gifted them two TD's and made sure we had to punt at the end.

Rigged fucking bullshit!

FloridaMan88
12-13-2018, 11:32 PM
Don’t forget No Hands Harris with a stupid/untimely false start penalty on that final drive, making it 3rd and long.

Yet another stupid play from that dumpster fire, who Andy Reid continues to keep around, just like Sutton.

Reerun_KC
12-13-2018, 11:32 PM
100% on fAt Andy and Mahomes. They lost the game.

Molitoth
12-13-2018, 11:34 PM

Seriously? You're drunk.

I know you aren't this stupid.

FloridaMan88
12-13-2018, 11:36 PM
If I heard that right... Scott Van Pelt on ESPN just said this is the first time the Chiefs had ever blown a 14 point lead with less than 5 to go, and that the Chargers had never won a game down 14 with less than 5 to go.

NFL teams this season when leading by at least 14 points with 5 minutes or less left in regulation were 88-0... until tonight.

Because the Chiefs.

chiefzilla1501
12-13-2018, 11:37 PM

They didn't stop us. Andy Reid stopped us. That motherfucker will build up a lead then abandon everything he used to build that lead. We didn't lose because we were the worse team. Not by a. Long shot.

NJChiefsFan
12-13-2018, 11:37 PM
Total rigged bullshit- the corrupt refs gifted them two TD's and made sure we had to punt at the end.

Rigged ****ing bullshit!

But I don't understand why they would have gifted us our td if they were planning to let la win? Or not call the hit on Rivers. Again I ask, do we believe they are just that good that they can throw plays to trick us or does nobody think we got those calls? Cause we did and people would have been screaming murder if they went against us instead of for us.

chiefzilla1501
12-13-2018, 11:38 PM

Don't know how in the living fuck anyone would blame this loss on mahomes.

petegz28
12-13-2018, 11:38 PM
But I don't understand why they would have gifted us our td if they were planning to let la win? Or not call the hit on Rivers. Again I ask, do we believe they are just that good that they can throw plays to trick us or does nobody think we got those calls? Cause we did and people would have been screaming murder if they went against us instead of for us.

They were out for the spread more than anything. Chiefs were 3.5 favorites and lost by 1. LAC had to have a TD at the end as it was playing out to cover the spread.

FringeNC
12-13-2018, 11:39 PM
Yes, the secondary sucks and the LBer’s are pussies, but can the Chiefs coaching staff and front office NOT see the epic dipshittery that has occurred since Bob Sutton has been our coordinator?!?

Grow a ****ing pair of balls and fire the guy!!! How many all time record collapses do we need?!? Colts in playoffs, Titans in playoffs, now this shit!

GTFO Bob. You may not be the sole reason we lost but we’re tired of your awful stench infecting this franchise. Take your ****ing useless corpse and leave you piece of shit.

And, yet, the coaching staff (read: Andy) and front office will sit on their asses and not do a
GD ****ing thing about it! Bunch of pussies!!

Our fan base deserves ****ing better than this bullshit!

Sick of this shit!!!

That'd be an over reaction based on tonight's game. But given this game was essentially a carbon copy of every playoff lose of the Reid era, preach on.

threebag
12-13-2018, 11:40 PM
https://coralspringschargersfootball.teamsnapsites.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/613/bb-plugin/cache/image1-3-square.jpg

Our D couldn’t stop this...

petegz28
12-13-2018, 11:41 PM
14 point lead with 5 min to go on your own field with the division waiting if you win. There is no excuse. I don't care what the offense did. 14 pt lead in 5 minutes....GONE! POOF! Bob Sutton defenses do one thing well...blow large leads in key games.

NJChiefsFan
12-13-2018, 11:43 PM
They were out for the spread more than anything. Chiefs were 3.5 favorites and lost by 1. LAC had to have a TD at the end as it was playing out to cover the spread.

That doesn't work out. The chiefs didn't cover 1 just like they wouldn't have covered losing by 10. The chiefs losing a close game instead of losing by more changes no money. They were the favorites. That doesn't explain it.

petegz28
12-13-2018, 11:44 PM
The only way you can blame the offense is if they fumbled on our own 20 or threw a pick 6 or something. They got pinned deep and went 3 and out. Big whoop. They handed our offense a 14 pt lead all night an it would have been more had our defense got some stops.

Instead people are actually blaming Reid or Mahomes much like they did Smith in the playoff games for our defense not being able to lock down a multi-TD lead.

Halfcan
12-13-2018, 11:46 PM
NFL controlled the entire game. Scripted from the beginning except fraud Rivers kept throwing picks.

petegz28
12-13-2018, 11:47 PM
That doesn't work out. The chiefs didn't cover 1 just like they wouldn't have covered losing by 10. The chiefs losing a close game instead of losing by more changes no money. They were the favorites. That doesn't explain it.

Check your math, bro. The Chargers losing by anything less than 3.5 covers the spread on the non-favorite. All the money was going in KC to win by 3.5 points. So the Chargers being down by 7 were going to have to score a TD to blow that and put that money in Vegas' pocket.

You're problem is you think it was about the Chiefs covering.....

eDave
12-13-2018, 11:59 PM
Seriously? You're drunk.

I know you aren't this stupid.

Well, when a fanbase puts all their faith in the QB and that QB doesn't have his best game then he's easily to blame.

Stupid ass thought pattern, but consider the sources.

We got beat. Plain and simple.

FloridaMan88
12-14-2018, 12:01 AM
Don't know how anyone would blame this loss on mahomes.

I blame Mahomes for not “accidentally” air mailing a pass out of bounds that just so happens to knock out Sutton.

thebrad84
12-14-2018, 12:02 AM
Are Scandrick and Nelson the reincarnation of Warfield and Bartee? Why does this franchise always have some of the shittiest corners in the league?

Mecca
12-14-2018, 12:03 AM
NFL teams this season when leading by at least 14 points with 5 minutes or less left in regulation were 88-0... until tonight.

Because the Chiefs.

Yea just like Pitt doesn't blow leads at home either...Chargers get both those in 2 out of 3 games...coincidence?

rabblerouser
12-14-2018, 12:04 AM
I seriously hate these scripts where we blow big leads, and they're getting old. The NFL needs to change up the story line.
It's exciting TV though. Those ratings...

Mecca
12-14-2018, 12:04 AM
Are Scandrick and Nelson the reincarnation of Warfield and Bartee? Why does this franchise always have some of the shittiest corners in the league?

The answer to that is Veach is a dipshit that thought trading up for a backup fat ass OLB that is a backup on a team that is nearly at 50 sacks had more value than upgrading the god awful CB's and Safeties on this team.

Fathom that.

Mecca
12-14-2018, 12:05 AM
It's exciting TV though. Those ratings...

They know Chiefs fans will keep watching so we get hit with heartbreakers.

PunkinDrublic
12-14-2018, 12:05 AM

Our offense went into a shell on that series more than the Chargers doing anything significant. I think Pat got sacked because he saw a defense he didn’t recognize. He should’ve called a timeout to regroup. I agree with you on the defense but I have higher expectations for our offense and it’s ability to close out games with first downs.

petegz28
12-14-2018, 12:08 AM
Our offense went into a shell on that series more than the Chargers doing anything significant. I think Pat got sacked because he saw a defense he didn’t recognize. He should’ve called a timeout to regroup. I agree with you on the defense but I have higher expectations for our offense and it’s ability to close out games with first downs.

Dude, no team has won this season being down 14 points with 5 min left in the game. No team in history has ever lost when scoring 50+ points.

Sutton's defense has now made history for both this season and all time. To go along with his record setting blown leads in the playoffs, that is.

Do we need better players? Sure. Is there a common denominator in 5 years of blowing large leads? Yes.

Mecca
12-14-2018, 12:09 AM
Bob Sutton won't get fired either cause Reid is like that.

PAChiefsGuy
12-14-2018, 12:14 AM
It's not all on the defense. The special teams penalty during the last kickoff that pinned gave our offense terrible field position and the offense going three and out against a shit defense didn't help things either.

The defense had the Chargers several times they just kept letting them convert on 3rd and 4th downs. It was so frustrating how this D could play so well for downs 1 and 2 then completely go to shit on 3rd and 4th downs. Unacceptable.

Same time our offense has got to get a first down in that situation as well. They were horrible and actually went backwards that last series.

And stop with the conspiracy theories guys. When we win it's never because Vegas wants us to win but when we lose it's Vegas' fault. Fuck out of here with that BS. We lost cause Chargers played better and because of penalties. End of story.

MVChiefFan
12-14-2018, 12:15 AM

Back in the day, it was the exact opposite. Ross and Lewis, Carter and Hasty were as good as any duos. Man, I wish we had some talent now.

Flying High D
12-14-2018, 12:15 AM
That was a tough loss guys. FUCK... Nothing we can do about it now just have to get ready for the next opponent and learn from this. Horrible job by the offense and defense in the last 5-minutes.

Is this Andy posting?

Tribal Warfare
12-14-2018, 12:16 AM
Is this Andy posting?

Nope Alex's Wet Nurse

ping2000
12-14-2018, 12:16 AM
Is this Andy posting?Andy's at the buffet and can't be disturbed.

petegz28
12-14-2018, 12:17 AM
It's not all on the defense. The special teams penalty during the last kickoff that pinned gave our offense terrible field position and the offense going three and out against a shit defense didn't help things either.

The defense had the Chargers several times they just kept letting them convert on 3rd and 4th downs. It was so frustrating how this D could play so well for downs 1 and 2 then completely go to shit on 3rd and 4th downs. Unacceptable.

Same time our offense has got to get a first down in that situation as well. They were horrible and actually went backwards that last series.

And stop with the conspiracy theories guys. When we win it's never because Vegas wants us to win but when we lose it's Vegas' fault. **** out of here with that BS. We lost cause Chargers played better and because of penalties. End of story.

Our offense gave us a 14 point lead with 5 minutes to go in the game. That has worked for literally every team who has done that this season. Every team. No defense has blow a 14 pt lead in the last 5 min of a game this season.

So stop this bullshit about our offense.

Baby Lee
12-14-2018, 12:19 AM
Well, when a fanbase puts all their faith in the QB and that QB doesn't have his best game then he's easily to blame.

Stupid ass thought pattern, but consider the sources.

We got beat. Plain and simple.

If people were philosophically consistent, if they say boldly that the QB is all that matters, then they should also hold the QB responsible for every loss.

Before anyone even tries to argue otherwise, be clear that this is not my philosophy and never has been.

PunkinDrublic
12-14-2018, 12:20 AM
Dude, no team has won this season being down 14 points with 5 min left in the game. No team in history has ever lost when scoring 50+ points.

Sutton's defense has now made history for both this season and all time. To go along with his record setting blown leads in the playoffs, that is.

Do we need better players? Sure. Is there a common denominator in 5 years of blowing large leads? Yes.

Unfortunately whatever changes that need to be made won’t be made until the offseason. It sucks and it will be our downfall but we’re stuck with what we have on defense and the coordinator the rest of the season. I’m upset at that last series because we were perfectly capable of getting a first down and icing the game and we fucked it up. We can’t fix our terrible defense but we can make better calls on offense to put games away.

Rivaldo
12-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Andy's at the buffet and can't be disturbed.

lol

He's unavoidably detained fogging up the sneeze-guard

Flying High D
12-14-2018, 12:30 AM

If it doesn’t fit narrative just say, “fire Bob” or “Bring him in for a look”

ping2000
12-14-2018, 12:32 AM
This isn't a conspiracy theory. It's just another fucked up way to lose. We are the masters of crap our pants.

Frazod
12-14-2018, 12:33 AM
Now that I've calmed down a bit, although I still can't fucking sleep, I recall something I heard one of the talking heads say earlier today, about teams coming off overtime games having really bad records on short weeks. That does seem to fit here. Yeah, the defense sucks, but they were basically sodomized for four quarters against the Ravens five days ago plus the OT series. After the first quarter tonight they were basically hanging on by their fingernails. I think if this game is played on Sunday instead of Thursday, they might have had enough left in the tank to stop one of those last drives. Maybe.

Anyway, that's about the only positive thing I can take away from this abortion.

They've got a few extra days to rest up for Seattle now. Hopefully that time will make a difference next week.

MatriculatingHank
12-14-2018, 12:34 AM
I said that I'd not let this team get me so upset again...

Frazod
12-14-2018, 12:35 AM

I slammed a door hard enough to knock shit off the wall. Luckily nothing broke. :D

petegz28
12-14-2018, 12:36 AM
Well, you can say what you want. Refs, yeah they fucked us. Players, yeah, they fucked us. The constants are 2 fold, blown leads and Bob Sutton. You can't argue your way out of that fact. People blame Smith for not winning the playoff games he handed defenses 3-4 TD leads. People are blaming Mahomes for this loss. Meanwhile this season teams that are down by 14 with 5 min left are 0-88 until now.

PunkinDrublic
12-14-2018, 12:37 AM
Now that I've calmed down a bit, although I still can't ****ing sleep, I recall something I heard one of the talking heads say earlier today, about teams coming off overtime games having really bad records on short weeks. That does seem to fit here. Yeah, the defense sucks, but they were basically sodomized for four quarters against the Ravens five days ago plus the OT series. After the first quarter tonight they were basically hanging on by their fingernails. I think if this game is played on Sunday instead of Thursday, they might have had enough left in the tank to stop one of those last drives. Maybe.

Anyway, that's about the only positive thing I can take away from this abortion.

They've got a few extra days to rest up for Seattle now. Hopefully that time will make a difference next week.

You’re calmed down now? I’m so jealous. I’m going to go have a few beers and break something so I can achieve calmed down status.

ping2000
12-14-2018, 12:37 AM
I said that I'd not let this team get me so upset again...Hospitals show Chiefs games to patients for stress tests. More effective than treadmills to get heart rates up.

Rivaldo
12-14-2018, 12:40 AM
So the Pats host Buffalo and The Jets after their game this weekend at Pitt. If they beat Pitt, we have to win-out, ya?

for home-field throughout

and that's without considering SD

Tribal Warfare
12-14-2018, 12:41 AM

I'm pissed because we have half a team, but not epically upset like in the Pioli regime.

There is hope whose name is Patrick Mahomes II.

For years when I was on the shitter I've had fleeting thoughts of the Chiefs needing a Franchise QB.

Now, on said shitter it's the defense as a whole in thought.

Frazod
12-14-2018, 12:43 AM
You’re calmed down now? I’m so jealous. I’m going to go have a few beers and break something so I can achieve calmed down status.

Comes with age, maybe. There was a time when I would have punched a fucking hole in the wall after a loss like this. But then the next day you've just got a hole to patch.

tk13
So the Pats host Buffalo and The Jets after their game this weekend at Pitt. If they beat Pitt, we have to win-out, ya?

Yes we win out and we're still the 1 seed no matter what. We have the tiebreak over the Chargers due to division record.

petegz28

We have to win out unless we get help. Can't count on help. Then again, had we taken care of business tonight it wouldn't matter much.

Best22
12-14-2018, 12:45 AM
The fact we have Mahomes and are in the playoffs and that he has 45 touchdown passes (47 totalROFL) takes the pain away by the minute

lcarus
12-14-2018, 12:49 AM
I was just praying LA would score with 1:30 left or whatever, tie it up, and give us the ball with a great chance. I knew they'd eventually get a TD and if there was little or no time left they'd go for 2 and get it.

bevischief
GLAD I AM DIVORCED. THIS WOULD HAVE DONE IT.

JakeF
Potentially a HOF Quarterback on offense
Leading the league in sacks with 3 players in Jones,Ford and Houston on defense.

These things and we are still trying to find a way to shit the bed and blow it.

Rivaldo
The team needs a killer instinct now. Seattle is a must-win sitch lol only to ensure we don't go to NE, but rather experience another death-struggle at home vrs. a SD or Bmore-type team like we have these last 2 weeks.

I dunno, fellas

Frazod
12-14-2018, 12:53 AM
One thing I have to admire is San Diego going for the kill shot with the 2-point conversion. I'm still pissed that Vermeil didn't do that in that shootout game we had with the Patriots that they won in OT when we scored right at the end. Defense just as bad as it is now, couldn't stop shit all day, and Weepy Dick plays for OT. Pats won the toss, marched right down the field and scored, as we all knew they would.

It was the right thing to do. Even if by some miracle they hadn't scored, it would still have been the right thing do to.

Rivaldo
12-14-2018, 12:55 AM
yep. propers to SD for that.

tk13
Potentially a HOF Quarterback on offense
Leading the league in sacks with 3 players in Jones,Ford and Houston on defense.

These things and we are still trying to find a way to shit the bed and blow it.

The funny thing is I thought those were the two things you needed. Everyone's always been all about the QB, and that's true it's probably the most important, but I always said it wouldn't matter if you didn't have a pass rush to stop the other guy. But we have that and it still might not be enough. That's pretty rough.

lcarus
One thing I have to admire is San Diego going for the kill shot with the 2-point conversion. I'm still pissed that Vermeil didn't do that in that shootout game we had with the Patriots that they won in OT when we scored right at the end. Defense just as bad as it is now, couldn't stop shit all day, and Weepy Dick plays for OT. Pats won the toss, marched right down the field and scored, as we all knew they would.

It was the right thing to do. Even if by some miracle they hadn't scored, it would still have been the right thing do to.

I hate this defense so much I almost wish our offense would go for 2 every TD. We need as many points as we can get. We're good enough to convert most of the time so at the very least it would balance out.

Frazod
12-14-2018, 01:00 AM
I hate this defense so much I almost wish our offense would go for 2 every TD. We need as many points as we can get. We're good enough to convert most of the time so at the very least it would balance out.

Considering how shaky Butker's getting, it might not be a bad idea.

Between him and the godforsaken defense, we've got problems. Doesn't matter who's under center. Dude's barely making EPs - nothing's going right down the middle anymore. I wouldn't have trusted him with a long field goal tonight at all.

threebag
12-14-2018, 03:47 AM
GLAD I AM DIVORCED. THIS WOULD HAVE DONE IT.

To the wood chipper

bevischief
12-14-2018, 03:52 AM
To the wood chipper

Yes I PARKED THE TRAILER.

NJChiefsFan
12-14-2018, 04:50 AM
Check your math, bro. The Chargers losing by anything less than 3.5 covers the spread on the non-favorite. All the money was going in KC to win by 3.5 points. So the Chargers being down by 7 were going to have to score a TD to blow that and put that money in Vegas' pocket.

You're problem is you think it was about the Chiefs covering.....

No I'm not. You are trying to explain why the refs wanted to put KC up 14, which is the question I asked that you were responding to. Unless you don't understand what I was asking. I don't need any help with the scenario you just described but that was not what I was talking about.

Rasputin
12-14-2018, 05:09 AM
Playing 4 days after playing one of the most physical games of the season and getting banged up is bullshit.

The offensive line is depleted and we miss the doctor guard the most. Lick our wounds and suck it up we have 10 days get ready for Seattle.

Reerun_KC
12-14-2018, 05:10 AM
Playing 4 days after playing one of the most physical games of the season and getting banged up is bullshit.

The offensive line is depleted and we miss the doctor guard the most. Lick our wounds and suck it up we have 10 days get ready for Seattle.

What a golden opportunity pissed away by this franchise.

The media is right about the chargers.

chiefzilla1501
12-14-2018, 05:14 AM
That 3 down series is just maddening. And that's classic Andy Reid. Two predictable safe as shit playcalls. Sets up a 3rd where mahomes was undoubtedly told to take no chances.

Reid wanted the ball in our defenses hands in poor field position instead of using our dynamic qb to chunk yards. It has happened way too many times under his watch to think it isn't a coincidence. If Andy doesn't change his ways after 20 years of making this same mistake, we're screwed. The only hope is that a loss in a big game helps him finally learn that lesson.

Reerun_KC
12-14-2018, 05:15 AM
Fat Andy

kcpasco
12-14-2018, 05:42 AM
That 3 down series is just maddening. And that's classic Andy Reid. Two predictable safe as shit playcalls. Sets up a 3rd where mahomes was undoubtedly told to take no chances.

Reid wanted the ball in our defenses hands in poor field position instead of using our dynamic qb to chunk yards. It has happened way too many times under his watch to think it isn't a coincidence. If Andy doesn't change his ways after 20 years of making this same mistake, we're screwed. The only hope is that a loss in a big game helps him finally learn that lesson.

Andy isn’t changing his ways. Our only hope is Patrick pulls a Manning and starts changing the calls on the field. I wonder who Chunt would back if it came to that.

Why Not?
12-14-2018, 06:05 AM

You’re right but you’re to optimistic. Andy Reid has made a career out of losing big games. He never learns from them.

chiefzilla1501
12-14-2018, 06:17 AM
It's a sad state when you know our best opportunity to win a playoff game might be to play from behind. When we play from behind, Andy puts the ball in the offenses hands. When we protect a lead, he puts the game in the defenses hands. I'll take the offense in that scenario.

bdj23
12-14-2018, 06:19 AM
I fell asleep right after Damien Williams 2nd touchdown (I've been sick) what in the holy hell happened?!?!

I was shocked to wake up and see we lost that game.

petegz28
12-14-2018, 06:22 AM
I fell asleep right after Damien Williams 2nd touchdown (I've been sick) what in the holy hell happened?!?!

Another lead blown in historic fashion by a Bob Sutton defense....

Pushead2
12-14-2018, 06:22 AM

Bob Sutton

bevischief
12-14-2018, 06:39 AM
Bob Sutton

:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::#:#:#:#:#:#:#

Pushead2
12-14-2018, 06:41 AM
:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::#:#:#:#:#:#:#

Indeed

bevischief
12-14-2018, 06:42 AM
:cuss:

Reerun_KC
12-14-2018, 06:44 AM
Bob Sutton

Fat Andy.

Jimmya
12-14-2018, 06:46 AM
Is Dick Lebeau not retired.... Call him up to finish the season!

RunKC
12-14-2018, 06:56 AM
Another lead blown in historic fashion by a Bob Sutton defense....

Then your qualm is with Andy for not firing the motherfucker after last season.

Andy is the route of all the problems that fuck us every season.

farmerchief
12-14-2018, 06:58 AM
It's a sad state when you know our best opportunity to win a playoff game might be to play from behind. When we play from behind, Andy puts the ball in the offenses hands. When we protect a lead, he puts the game in the defenses hands. I'll take the offense in that scenario. Yep, exactly, and well stated!

gold_and_red
12-14-2018, 06:59 AM
It's a sad state when you know our best opportunity to win a playoff game might be to play from behind. When we play from behind, Andy puts the ball in the offenses hands. When we protect a lead, he puts the game in the defenses hands. I'll take the offense in that scenario.

Agreed! And playing on the road.

bigjosh
12-14-2018, 07:05 AM
Fuck Sutton. The bottom line is that his scheme simply makes players worse. You can blame it on personnel all you want but they brought guys in that were great last year, and all of a sudden suck ass.

He took last years top rated slot corner and makes him look like shit.

He has a top 5 coverage linebacker from last year that now looks like shit.

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-14-2018, 07:06 AM
I will never understand Sutton guy thinks we have 3 pro bowl corners. The way he plays man coverage with the game on the line killed us in all 3 loses.

bigjosh
12-14-2018, 07:09 AM
I will never understand Sutton guy thinks we have 3 pro bowl corners. The way he plays man coverage with the game on the line killed us in all 3 loses.

Well they were getting picked apart in zone too so...

TEX
12-14-2018, 08:18 AM
Considering how shaky Butker's getting, it might not be a bad idea.

Between him and the godforsaken defense, we've got problems. Doesn't matter who's under center. Dude's barely making EPs - nothing's going right down the middle anymore. I wouldn't have trusted him with a long field goal tonight at all.

Yep. Anything 35+ yards is gonna go wide right or left. He just barely makes them inside the uprights at 30yards. :shake:

fan4ever
12-14-2018, 08:41 AM
They were legit penalties... obvious on replay. Unlike the one on the Chargers last drive.

Not my point at all. My point is that our offense was comparatively ineffective to how we've played the rest of the season. I didn't realize Chargers had a better D than Baltimore...because our offensive stats were much worse.

RealSNR
12-14-2018, 02:48 PM
Hire Todd Bowles, Sean McDermott, or Ron Rivera. All Reid disciples. They might all get fired this year. Pick any of them.

Just get some new blood and some new personalities in the defensive coaching room. It’s stagnant and shitty now

alpha_omega
12-14-2018, 02:53 PM
8 yards. 8 fucking yards. There wasn't a single Chiefs defender within 8 FUCKING YARDS of the Charges best WR on the field when the game's on the line. That is a clear indication that your defense is terribly coached and has some really stupid players on it.

It's even worse than that. Their best WR on the field had been tearing into you all night. Would have thought someone would have said..."now, you stick to 81".

bricks
12-14-2018, 03:21 PM

The problem I have with Andy Reid is that he lacks logic and flow in his playcalling. Those two variables come back to haunt us late in games.

We have the offense to execute and kill the clock late in games. But, Andy Reid just doesn’t call good, sensible plays late in games on offense to help sustain drives and to kill out the clock.

If his playcalling was a little more sensible, and he had the proper brain trust or intuive knowledge to know not to give the ball (especially if it is a good team w/ a good offense or QB) late in the game and expect your defense to stop them....If he had an ounce of sense to know to avoid those situations, that makes a difference of about two losses right there. We’d probably be looking at 13-1 right now.

kcpasco
12-14-2018, 03:23 PM
Andy is scared of turnovers. This defense will allow a score if the ball was intercepted or punted. Trust Mahomes you fat bastard.

I’d like to see Pat pull a Peyton where he waves off Andy’s conservative BS.

kcpasco
12-14-2018, 03:42 PM
Where was Kelce in the 2nd half? This loss is on Andy and his butt**** partner Sutton.

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-14-2018, 03:43 PM
Where was Kelce in the 2nd half? This loss is on Andy and his butt**** partner Sutton.

Kelce was doubled. Hill wasn’t full speed and the other WIdeouts can’t beat 1 on 1

kcpasco
12-14-2018, 03:46 PM
Kelce was doubled. Hill wasn’t full speed and the other WIdeouts can’t beat 1 on 1

Conley is good enough to beat 1on1. Reid called a conservative game plan up by 14.

scho63
12-14-2018, 03:48 PM
It’s why you never, ever get your hopes up about this franchise.

First answer - best answer! :clap:

ptlyon
12-14-2018, 03:52 PM

It's like he's so afraid to "waste" play calls

Mennonite
12-14-2018, 04:02 PM
I firmly believe that this would never have happened if you assholes hadn't ran off Simply Red.

JoeyChuckles
12-14-2018, 04:29 PM
Most of us knew Bob Sutton was a problem at the end of last season if not earlier. A select few in the organization (and in the fan-base) did not see this. Those are the ones responsible for our current situation, and until they are removed, the same basic problems will continue to exist in this organization. I hope it's not Andy or Clark responsible, but it very well could be either one.

gblowfish
12-14-2018, 04:35 PM
When you think that they cut Amersen in training camp because he sucked so bad...think of how truly God Awful he must be...not to be able to hang with the likes of Scandrick and Nelson. Man...talk about dogshit!

JakeF
12-14-2018, 04:39 PM
Bad defensive coordinator + Head Coach who can't manage clock = No lead is safe

TEX
12-14-2018, 07:14 PM
When you think that they cut Amersen in training camp because he sucked so bad...think of how truly God Awful he must be...not to be able to hang with the likes of Scandrick and Nelson. Man...talk about dogshit!

Yep. On a side note, Breeland had a pick 6 for GB the other day.