12-13-2018, 10:54 PM
*gulp*

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DuWfx9LUwAAJNpL.jpg

Deberg_1990
12-13-2018, 10:55 PM
Another loss

mr. tegu
12-13-2018, 10:56 PM
This is a game I have sort of thought of as a loss for a few weeks now. We will need help from the Ravens and Broncos unfortunately.

KChiefs1
Loss

TribalElder
seacrows are scrapping for a wildcard spot still?

St. Patty's Fire
12-13-2018, 10:57 PM
Horrible matchup, which is exaxtly why we needed to beat the Chargers.

Doubt we win this.

Three7s
Seattle is what Baltimore wants to be. Chiefs had their chance.

TLO
Apathy

Hammock Parties
12-13-2018, 10:58 PM
seacrows are scrapping for a wildcard spot still?

i just read they are locked into the 5 seed and can't improve

may be a silver lining

kcpasco
12-13-2018, 10:58 PM
Lose by 6

carcosa
12-13-2018, 10:59 PM
We'll win, you crybabies.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-13-2018, 10:59 PM
Chiefs will win by 10.

Have some GODDAMN FAITH

KC_Connection
12-13-2018, 11:00 PM
Even you're panicking, Clay?

This Chiefs team is miles better than Seattle and still the best team in the league by a fair margin. And even if they do somehow not win the division/get the #1 seed (which is still the most likely outcome), Mahomes is clearly good enough to carry this team from the WC spot as well. Tonight's game changes nothing.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
12-13-2018, 11:01 PM
They aren't very good.

OnTheWarpath15
Chiefs will win by 10.

Have some GODDAMN FAITH

Faith in this run defense?

Didn't we used to make fun of people for having faith in Matt Cassel? Alex Smith?

Why Not?
Ravens with a much better QB. Let's talk about our likely playoff game at Pittsburgh or Baltimore?

mr. tegu
12-13-2018, 11:02 PM

may be a silver lining

This only applies if they win this weekend. If they do they clinch the five seed. If they lose they need to beat us.

Prison Bitch

This Chiefs team is miles better than Seattle and still the best team in the league by a fair margin. And even if they do somehow not win the division/get the #1 seed (which is still the most likely outcome), Mahomes is clearly good enough to carry this team from the WC spot as well. Tonight's game changes nothing.

IT CHANGED NOTHING?!?!??!

carcosa

may be a silver lining

They can't get better than a 5 seed, but they have to win and the Vikings have to lose for them to be locked in. Otherwise they risk slipping to the 6.

Hammock Parties
12-13-2018, 11:03 PM

This Chiefs team is miles better than Seattle and still the best team in the league by a fair margin.

We needed a clutch drive to beat Oakland.

We're not the best team in the league.

Why Not?
12-13-2018, 11:03 PM

may be a silver lining

I think they have to win this week first.

Hammock Parties
12-13-2018, 11:04 PM
Chiefs will win by 10.

Have some GODDAMN FAITH

It's Russell Wilson, man.

He can completely negate our pass rush advantage.

I got a bad feeling about this.

kcpasco
Chiefs are gonna be 5 seed because Chiefs

KC_Connection
Ravens with a much better QB. Let's talk about our likely playoff game at Pittsburgh or Baltimore?
Except Baltimore has the #2 defense in the NFL and Seattle is #15. The Seahawks aren't stopping Mahomes.

kcpasco
It's Russell Wilson, man.

He can completely negate our pass rush advantage.

I got a bad feeling about this.

Lol 5 seed

Molitoth
12-13-2018, 11:05 PM
Because Chiefs (and refs), they will lose.

Wilson with eat this defense, and keep Mahomes off the field.

kcpasco
12-13-2018, 11:06 PM
Andy and Bob are still asssholes

Hammock Parties
Lol 5 seed

Going to Pitt would suck so bad

KC_Connection

So who is? The Chargers? Because the stats all suggest they're #2 and the Chiefs just completely outplayed them.

All the NFL is these days (especially in the playoffs) is how good your QB is. And the Chiefs have just a bit of an edge there.

mnchiefsguy
12-13-2018, 11:07 PM
Except Baltimore has the #2 defense in the NFL and Seattle is #15. The Seahawks aren't stopping Mahomes.

And our defense could not stop the University of Kansas offense the way it is playing.

Mahomes and the offense will put up 28-35 points....Seattle will score 40 and win.

No faith in the defense right now. Worst defense in the League with the worst DC and it is not even close.

Sutton is a complete idiot.

Hammock Parties
12-13-2018, 11:08 PM
So who is? The Chargers? Because the stats all suggest they're #2 and the Chiefs just completely outplayed them.

All the NFL is these days (especially in the playoffs) is how good your QB is. And the Chiefs have just a bit of an edge there.

Rams and Saints are clearly better than the Chiefs.

Not sure about NE.

mr. tegu

Not as bad as losing to Baltimore. At least Pittsburgh has a QB.

Three7s

Why did the Chargers win tonight?

TimeForWasp
12-13-2018, 11:09 PM
I want hammock party to shove this loss up his bragging asshole.

Frazod

Shit, at least we can beat them. Pray we don't end up going to Baltimore.

mr. tegu
For the first 55 minutes of a game the Chiefs are the best team. But when it becomes a close game at the end there are at least probably four teams significantly better.

KC_Connection
12-13-2018, 11:10 PM

Nah, Rams needed like 5 turnovers to go their way to only beat the Chiefs by a single score at home and Brees just completely got shut down by the Cowboys. Mahomes is better.

Not sure about NE.
NE is a joke.

Best22
12-13-2018, 11:11 PM

Rivers is a good quarterback, just like Mahomes

We’re 1-1 with each other

KC_Connection
12-13-2018, 11:11 PM
Because they're a damn good team with an elite QB that had the ball last.

Rasputin
12-13-2018, 11:12 PM
I'm going buy four pieces of bubble gum and each quarter chew one up vigorously as I pace watching the game

carcosa
12-13-2018, 11:12 PM
Chiefs have 10 days to rest and prepare for this game. They'll go in there ready to win.

NJChiefsFan
12-13-2018, 11:13 PM

They only had the ball last because their defense stopped ours. We should have had the ball last.

mr. tegu

But he had it last because of Reid’s pattern of failure in these situations.

Three7s
They only had the ball last because their defense stopped ours. We should have had the ball last.
Reid was as much to blame for stopping us as the Chargers were.

Hammock Parties
12-13-2018, 11:14 PM
I want hammock party to shove this loss up his bragging asshole.

dawg

ive been a naysaying jerk for almost a decade

i deserved a season to rock out with my cock out

mnchiefsguy
12-13-2018, 11:15 PM

14 point lead in the 4th qtr....and Sutton blew it again.

Only problem I have with Reid is that he has not fucking fired Sutton yet.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-13-2018, 11:17 PM
Only positive for us is the extra half week off before hand to rest and prepare.

Must win games. Can’t lose another all season.

Ajr27
12-13-2018, 11:18 PM
Chargers didn’t have Kennan Allen Melvin Gordon or Ellet neon at arrowhead. I love the Chiefs n am excited about Mahomes but let’s face it this is worst D in league. Watkins n Berry are taking up huge amount of cap n who knows if or when the’ll play. Losing hunt was huge, how many times did we see Mahomes get blitzed n dumb off to hunt for 25 yard gain. Now they blitz n he has to avoid getting killed while looking for hill n Kelce way up field. Anyway just stating obvious, without Watkins hunt, the weapons are average n this defensive secondary is horrible. 15 points in 4 min smfh

NJChiefsFan
12-13-2018, 11:18 PM
Reid was as much to blame for stopping us as the Chargers were.

But in the process of comparing teams like kc connection was, aren't the coaches part of that package?

jdh81_06
12-13-2018, 11:19 PM
Cheer up and have faith CP nation. These type of loses sting, but you learn from them and come back stronger. You learn the importance of closing games. Win or lose in the next two weeks, the Chiefs are in the playoffs and all the teams in the AFC should will be hoping that they don’t have to play us.

dannybcaitlyn
12-13-2018, 11:20 PM
Mike Solari is o-line coach for the Hawks. They’ll run it down our throat and Wilson will do what he does to convert first downs or TD’s. Another bad day for the Chiefs.

Frazod
12-13-2018, 11:22 PM
Cheer up and have faith CP nation. These type of loses sting, but you learn from them and come back stronger. You learn the importance of closing games. Win or lose in the next two weeks, the Chiefs are in the playoffs and all the teams in the AFC should will be hoping that they don’t have to play us.

What is there to learn from this? That our defense sucks? That Sutton is dumber than a lobotomized ape? That the league values big markets over the smallest market?

Everybody already knew these things.

jimidollar
12-13-2018, 11:22 PM
Love all the happy horseshit in here. Sounds lke you guys have been fans for 5 minutes.

Molitoth
12-13-2018, 11:23 PM

Why? If I were an opposing team, I'd want to face Bob Sutton every week of the year.

Game planning against Sutton is like game planning against Alex Smith.

Three7s
But in the process of comparing teams like kc connection was, aren't the coaches part of that package?
Which was exactly my point when I asked KC_Connection why the Chargers won.

ShowtimeSBMVP
Seahawks will run all over us

KC_Connection
12-13-2018, 11:24 PM
And yet if we had let them score like 30 seconds sooner, we'd have won the game.

Ajr27
12-13-2018, 11:25 PM
Love all the happy horseshit in here. Sounds lke you guys have been fans for 5 minutes.

Haha seriously! This shit happens year after year, good but not good enough.

Why Not?
12-13-2018, 11:26 PM

Yes, because if there's one thing Andy Reid has shown, it's that he's learned how to close out close games.

KC_Connection
12-13-2018, 11:26 PM
Fair. But perhaps he will learn a lesson from this one for the games that actually matter (I am just about certain this Chiefs/Chargers game is happening again in January) to never even trust Sutton/the defense at all.

NJChiefsFan
12-13-2018, 11:27 PM
And yet if we had let them score like 30 seconds sooner, we'd have won the game.

I don't disagree with some of this but I think you realize that the point here is that KC had the chance to have to ball last. Who has the ball last isn't always a coin toss. Chargers earned having it last through the players and coaches.

Buckweath
12-13-2018, 11:28 PM
Zero concerned about that Seahawks game. If this team loses, it is shit to me. Going nowhere in the playoffs.

RunKC
12-13-2018, 11:29 PM
Starting to prefer a loss. Would rather lose on the road than at home next month..

jdh81_06
What is there to learn from this? That our defense sucks? That Sutton is dumber than a lobotomized ape? That the league values big markets over the smallest market?

Everybody already knew these things.

Andy built this team on a high powered offense. The Chiefs made a decision at the trade deadline that they were going to out score football teams. The offense has slowed down in the last two weeks and the defense has delivered as expected. The learning experience is that you have to go out and close football games with your offense. Your defense might get a stand or two during the game but they are giving up points on almost every drive. If we don’t score 40 plus a game we probably don’t win from here on out.

mr. tegu
I don't disagree with some of this but I think you realize that the point here is that KC had the chance to have to ball last. Who has the ball last isn't always a coin toss. Chargers earned having it last through the players and coaches.

Even at the thirty yard line with a minute left and the clock running they where in no hurry. Had that been the Chiefs we score with a minute in the game and lose at the end regardless.

KC_Connection
dawg

ive been a naysaying jerk for almost a decade

i deserved a season to rock out with my cock out
And so was I. But then Mahomes became the best QB in the NFL in a league where virtually all that matters is QB play.

The Chiefs are still the #1 seed right now and every bit the SB contender they were a hour ago, it's time to simmer down.

Halfcan
NFL will rig this game like they do every one. NFL is not even worth watching. I will never pay for another ticket to this rigged bullshit--ever.

Titty Meat
If it's close we will lose

KC_Connection
12-13-2018, 11:32 PM
And I don't disagree that the Chargers didn't earn it either. They've been the 2nd best team in the AFC for a reason. But the point is that the game could have so easily been a win with very little else changing and the mood would have been completely different in here (despite the Chiefs still being exactly the same team win or loss with virtually the same chance at a SB run).

pugsnotdrugs19
12-13-2018, 11:33 PM
And so was I. But then Mahomes became the best QB in the NFL in a league where virtually all that matters is QB play.

The Chiefs are still the #1 seed right now and every bit the SB contender they were a hour ago, it's time to simmer down.

They’re going to beat the Chargers in a month. No one will wanna hear it or think about it right now, but it’s going to happen.

NJChiefsFan
12-13-2018, 11:35 PM
And I don't disagree that the Chargers didn't earn it either. They've been the 2nd best team in the AFC for a reason. But the point is that the game could have so easily been a win with very little else changing and the mood would have been completely different in here (despite the Chiefs still being exactly the same team win or loss with virtually the same chance at a SB run).

So perhaps we are disagreeing over semantics.

12-13-2018, 11:35 PM
Let's wait until Sunday to discuss this

ping2000
12-13-2018, 11:38 PM
Let's wait until Sunday to discuss thisNo shit. Too early.

NJChiefsFan
12-13-2018, 11:39 PM
Let's wait until Sunday to discuss this

No shit. Too early.

Of all the displaced emotions and attention right now this thread might be the most healthy.

KC_Connection
12-13-2018, 11:49 PM
They’re going to beat the Chargers in a month. No one will wanna hear it or think about it right now, but it’s going to happen.
I told a Chargers fan this afternoon that the Chiefs/Chargers game that I really wanted to win was the one in January (and it's coming), not tonight. Sure it would have been nice to win this one and lock up the division, but doing that isn't guaranteeing you wins when it actually matters. And all that really matters is how we perform a few weeks from now.

BWillie
12-13-2018, 11:51 PM
I would only put money on this game if it was Seattle -3.5 or more

ping2000
12-13-2018, 11:52 PM
Of all the displaced emotions and attention right now this thread might be the most healthy.I just want to wake tomorrow, watch the news, and hope the lead story is Sutton and most of the defense caught on tape with hookers and blow. And I hope the tape shows the hookers kicking their asses.

OnTheWarpath15
12-13-2018, 11:53 PM

They gave up 140 yards rushing and a TD to two scrubs. And another 20 yards rushing and a TD to a goddamn WR.

Anyone care to guess what they give up when Gordon and Ekeler return?

TomBarndtsTwin
12-13-2018, 11:57 PM
Seattle wins by double digits.

Chiefs have to pray that Phyllis loses to the Ravens or Donkos.

That’s the only path to the #1 seed at this point . . . . .

greg63
12-14-2018, 12:32 AM
Given the Chiefs defensive performance Thursday I hold out little hope that they could stop a stone rolling up hill. I just hope that the Chiefs offense can somehow score more often than the Sea Hags do.

big nasty kcnut
12-14-2018, 02:41 AM
We win this game because it ten days off and we will be rested and healthy.

gold_and_red
12-14-2018, 06:02 AM
If the two losses to the Raiders on TNF are any indication then it would seem that this team will be in a funk for the rest of the season.
For Andy until now it was choosing between Alex and the D to close out games, he was screwed either way. I am praying that last night's debacle gave him a clear answer on what this D is capable of playoff games.

Why Not?
12-14-2018, 06:11 AM

Plus would need another Pats loss at that point. But it doesn’t matter. Our defense and coaching staff are quite capable of losing to a good team at home or on the road

CupidStunt
12-14-2018, 08:29 AM
Fuck all the pussies early in this thread. I skipped too fast to pay attention. Obviously a dumb time to post. The Chiefs will win this game handily. I'm pissed and salty about last night, too, but let's not forget the Chargers are EASILY a top 5 team in the NFL. This wasn't yesteryear where we lost to a scrub team. We're 11-3 with 3 losses by a TOTAL of 7 points, while scoring 109 points.

We're going to rape the Seahawks. And we're obviously going to rape the Raiders. We're gonna be 13-3, the 1 seed in the AFC, and all we can do is pray the coaches start getting more out of some of these turds especially on D.

notorious
12-14-2018, 09:31 AM
They love the deep ball and the Chiefs are horrible at defending it.

kcpasco
12-14-2018, 09:33 AM
Wilson is the real deal and the Seahawks will be amped to stop this Chiefs offense. Andy will try and nurse a 4th quarter lead and Sutton will poop himself.

HC_Chief
12-14-2018, 09:35 AM
They love the deep ball and the Chiefs are horrible at defending it.

What are the Chiefs not horrible at defending? :<

dj56dt58
12-14-2018, 09:35 AM

Not sure about NE.

No..

and the Rams needed about 15 gift calls from the refs to win by 3

in LA

pugsnotdrugs19
12-14-2018, 09:38 AM
I’d love for Chief Northman to come on here and re-post that thing he said last night before the Chargers game about how we’d lose the game but still win HFA and the super bowl...

SuperBowl4
12-14-2018, 09:39 AM
We'll win, you crybabies.:thumb: Losing one point to the cHargers and it's doom and gloom the season is lost, meanwhile the CHIEFS still lead the division, are in the playoffs, and own the tie-breaker over the cHargers! This is what it must feel like being a Browns fan. Totally SUCKS! ROFL

pugsnotdrugs19
12-14-2018, 09:40 AM
Seattle is not only a incredibly tough place to play, but they do things that match up well against KC.

They’re going to run the ball 40 times and I don’t have hardly any faith that we will do shit about it.

notorious
12-14-2018, 09:51 AM
What are the Chiefs not horrible at defending? :<

Touché.

RaidersOftheCellar
12-14-2018, 11:22 AM
You. Fucking. Pussies.

Already chalking up a loss vs a QB who threw for 72 yds and 0 TDs at home last week, and a defense that doesn't really excel at anything.

Hopefully the team isn't made up of the same type of self-pitying puzzies as this board.

Joe Seahawk
12-14-2018, 11:39 AM
You. ****ing. Pussies.

Already chalking up a loss vs a QB who threw for 72 yds and 0 TDs at home last week, and a defense that doesn't really excel at anything.

Hopefully the team isn't made up of the same type of self-pitying puzzies as this board.

Most Seahawk fans are also chocking this one up as a loss. It most likely wont mean anything to us. I personally feel like we can win that one due to the night game magic at the Clink.

Sorry for your tough loss last night, Brutal!

https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/1063310160720879616/photo/1

PAChiefsGuy
12-14-2018, 11:42 AM
More than likely a loss. We arent playing well now and they are. It's a bad matchup and Seattle is a tough place to play. Lose by 7.

Hope I am wrong

gold_and_red
12-14-2018, 11:43 AM
Most Seahawk fans are also chocking this one up as a loss. It most likely wont mean anything to us. I personally feel like we can win that one due to the night game magic at the Clink.

Not sure of the source of your pessimism. Keep running the ball to play keep away and your D is fierce at home.

Rain Man
12-14-2018, 11:45 AM
You. ****ing. Pussies.

I'm running that through the Chiefs defense translator, and it comes out as 346 yards and 4 touchdowns, two of which will happen on the last drive of the game.

siberian khatru
12-14-2018, 11:47 AM
I'm running that through the Chiefs defense translator, and it comes out as 346 yards and 4 touchdowns, two of which will happen on the last drive of the game.

"Wait ... the Seahawks aren't going for 2. They're going for 6 again!"

Iconic
12-14-2018, 11:51 AM
Man I just have very little belief right now. Our offense is displaying a bad pattern. No one wants to talk about it but in the clutch we seem to be developing a standard of wasting our last few possessions. Look back at each of our losses. In each one, all we had to do was churn a little time off the clock, keep possession on our last or second to last drives, and we'd be in position to either win or tie.

We couldn't do it.

Not with 3:49 left, up by 7 against the Chargers.

Not with 1:49 and 0:50 left, down by 3 against the Rams.

Not with 5:25 left, down 4 against the Patriots.

Look our defense is ass we all know it. But our offense has to pick up the slack. It can't waste key possessions in pivotal moments and ask our dog shit defense to make a stop. Because it won't.

Jerm
12-14-2018, 11:52 AM
Can this game still be flexed out?

Wonder if they might move Baltimore at LA into that slot...

RaidersOftheCellar
12-14-2018, 11:53 AM

Don't get me wrong, they can easily lose this game, and any team that runs well is a concern for KC. But the Chiefs will have 10 days to prepare and get some key players healthy.

Question for you: Do you think Seattle's rushing total is partly due to having to lean on the run game disproportionately? Or is this exactly what they want to be?

pugsnotdrugs19
12-14-2018, 12:02 PM

Baltimore and LA play on Saturday

RaidersOftheCellar
12-14-2018, 12:02 PM
So all of you are counting out Mahomes? You don't have faith that he'll go out and put up 30 plus if needed?

He's failed once in a do or die situation, and that was because his arm was hit as he threw. He's simultaneously the ultimate competitor and ultimate talent, and he's nails when it gets desperate. Last night they felt like they had the game wrapped up. I don't get the sense that there was an urgency to move the ball on the last posession. Or an urgency throughout the game in general. They thought they were in control.

There will be urgency next week. They will treat it like a playoff game. Don't be pussies. We're not asking Alex Smith to go win in Pittsburgh here.

KChiefs1
12-14-2018, 12:07 PM
5th seed might be their best bet.

Arrowhead is no home field advantage.

Beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh & beat the Chargers in LA. & Patriots in Foxborough.

Easy enough.

arrwheader
12-14-2018, 12:09 PM
Trying. To. Stay. Positive. Failing.

Ugh what a tough loss.

Why Not?
12-14-2018, 12:09 PM
So all of you are counting out Mahomes? You don't have faith that he'll go out and put up 30 plus if needed?

He's failed once in a do or die situation, and that was because his arm was hit as he threw. He's simultaneously the ultimate competitor and ultimate talent, and he's nails when it gets desperate. Last night they felt like they had the game wrapped up. I don't get the sense that there was an urgency to move the ball on the last posession. Or an urgency throughout the game in general. They thought they were in control.

There will be urgency next week. They will treat it like a playoff game. Don't be pussies. We're not asking Alex Smith to go win in Pittsburgh here.

I have 100% faith in Patrick Mahomes. Sadly, it's cancelled out by the 0% faith I have in Andy Reid and Buttons

ptlyon
12-14-2018, 12:12 PM

Nice to see you Joe!

RaidersOftheCellar
12-14-2018, 12:19 PM
This game will likely mean nothing to Seattle but everything to the Chiefs, and most of you are still chalking it up as a loss. Unbelievable level of cowardice.

Take away a couple bogus penalties last night and we're celebrating a division title and everybody's ecstatic about Super Bowl possibilities. Laughable.

Joe Seahawk
12-14-2018, 12:27 PM
Don't get me wrong, they can easily lose this game, and any team that runs well is a concern for KC. But the Chiefs will have 10 days to prepare and get some key players healthy.

Question for you: Do you think Seattle's rushing total is partly due to having to lean on the run game disproportionately? Or is this exactly what they want to be?

This is the formula they want, remember we have a schottenheimer rbbc

Why Not?
12-14-2018, 12:27 PM
I'm not sure why people think this game will mean nothing to Seattle.

1. Let's not assume they automatically go on the road against a division opponent and win less than a month after beating that opponent. Seattle is and should be favored but not even by a TD. Anything can happen. But, okay. Let's say Seattle wins:

2. Week 16. You're not tuning your guys down two weeks in a row. Week 17? Sure. But not yet.

3. Seattle will make the playoffs. Seattle has a Super Bowl winning coach and QB. Their goal will be to win the Super Bowl. They have an opportunity, at home, to deal a significant blow to a team that would be a threat to beat them in a Super Bowl matchup. You don't think they're going to play hard?

Best22
12-14-2018, 12:30 PM
Even if it’s “meaningless” Seattle will still come to play. These guys get paid big bucks to perform week in and week out (even the Raiders). Carroll won’t let his guys rest, he always has his guys on edge.

Biggest game of the season.

Spott
12-14-2018, 12:34 PM
Just realized this game is on Sunday night. We definitely aren’t winning next week.

RaidersOftheCellar
12-14-2018, 12:41 PM
I'm not sure why people think this game will mean nothing to Seattle.

1. Let's not assume they automatically go on the road against a division opponent and win less than a month after beating that opponent. Seattle is and should be favored but not even by a TD. Anything can happen. But, okay. Let's assume Seattle wins:

2. Week 16. You're not tuning your guys down two weeks in a row. Week 17? Sure. But not yet.

3. Seattle will make the playoffs. Seattle has a Super Bowl winning coach and QB. Their goal will be to win the Super Bowl. They have an opportunity, at home, to deal a significant blow to a team that would be a threat to beat them in a Super Bowl matchup. You don't think they're going to play hard?

That's your idea of motivation? Really? Give me a break.

They'll be motivated to play well because it's a night game vs a good team and MVP candidate. But teams take it to another level of motivation when they "need" the win. And I'll take my chances with a desperate Mahomes and a full game of Eric Berry.

Why Not?
12-14-2018, 12:45 PM
They'll be motivated to play well because it's a night game vs a good team and MVP candidate.

You literally posted in your last post that this game will likely mean nothing to Seattle and then give yet another reason they have for playing inspired. Look dude, I certainly hope you're right and the Chiefs win but I don't see it. I'll gladly post here and sing your praises next Sunday night if I'm wrong.

Blick
12-14-2018, 12:51 PM
Will be interesting to see where we're at health wise.

Russell Wilson worries me a lot against this defense. They can run the ball like the Ravens, but he's a million times better than Lamar Jackson. Wilson has that same quality that Mahomes has with his ability to extend plays and make things happen when they're not there.

Seattle is a bad matchup for our run D and Wilson is a bad matchup for a secondary that will be asked to cover extended plays. We're either gonna get smoked or get a bunch of flags.

bobbything
12-14-2018, 12:57 PM
Seattle is going to limit our offense to like 5 total possessions. It's going to be ugly as balls. We probably lose like 27-24.

Jimkcchief88
12-14-2018, 12:58 PM
I just want to wake tomorrow, watch the news, and hope the lead story is Sutton and most of the defense caught on tape with hookers and blow. And I hope the tape shows the hookers kicking their asses.

Nooooo, we need Sutton and the players(esp the black ones) kicking the hookers asses so they all get Kareem Hunt’ed:)

RunKC
12-14-2018, 01:08 PM
These guys know this is a must win game. We’re going to find out an awful lot about this team.

Optimistic runkc hopes a win would really help boost confidence after a major disappointment last night.

Easy 6
12-14-2018, 01:17 PM
First game this year I've felt we're gonna lose

Lost our best CB, the O line is swooning, our safeties are the worst in the league sans Berry, no one knows where the fuck to line up... it all adds up to a late season meltdown

Hammock Parties
12-14-2018, 01:26 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y0S_MebzyzQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

58-4ever
12-14-2018, 02:15 PM
Great run game, but Pete won't be able to help himself by going to the pass when he gets down by 10. That's what we need to do. Quiet the crowd quickly, and rush the living daylights out of RW3

kcpasco
12-14-2018, 02:17 PM
Wilson is at his best down in the 4th quarter. Sutton is primed for another collapse.

kcpasco
12-14-2018, 02:19 PM
Asshole Andy needs to try and keep scoring this game because if Seattle is within 1 score they are winning late in the 4th.

gold_and_red
12-14-2018, 02:23 PM
Asshole Andy needs to try and keep scoring this game because if Seattle is within 2 scores they are winning late in the 4th.

FYP

notorious
12-14-2018, 02:24 PM
I feel a lot better going into the 4th quarter 7 down than 7 up. How sad is that?

ptlyon
12-14-2018, 02:26 PM
I feel a lot better going into the 4th quarter 7 down than 7 up. How sad is that?

It's just the opposite of in the 90s we all wanted our defense on the field instead of the offense. Had a better shot at scoring.

Why Not?
12-14-2018, 02:27 PM

Not only do I agree, I'll raise you one. 1 minute left in the game. Down 4 with the ball or up 4 playing defense?

Right, me to.

Best22
12-14-2018, 02:28 PM
We blew a 17 point 4th quarter lead against Oakland

Mahomes came out firing, put team on his back, and drove down the field for the winning score. One of his best moments this season. Roethlisberger couldn’t even carry his team like that

Our best hope to close out games is to ATTACK. Mahomes doesn’t comprehend how to “preserve” a lead, he can only BUILD ON ONE! Let him

gold_and_red
12-14-2018, 02:30 PM
We blew a 17 point 4th quarter lead against Oakland

Mahomes came out firing, put team on his back, and drove down the field for the winning score. One of his best moments this season. Roethlisberger couldn’t even carry his team like that

Our best hope to close out games is to ATTACK. Mahomes doesn’t comprehend how to “preserve” a lead, he can only BUILD ON ONE! Let him

Oh yeah, forgot that the D almost blew the Oakland game too.

PAChiefsGuy
12-14-2018, 02:35 PM

It's a team game. I have faith in all of our Pro Bowl players especially Mahomes but the rest of the team, not so much.

bricks
12-14-2018, 02:36 PM
Asshole Andy needs to try and keep scoring this game because if Seattle is within 1 score they are winning late in the 4th.

What he needs to do is prevent the team from getting the ball back with plenty of time left on the clock to allow for a score.

Because Christ for the love of God we ain’t stopping the other team from scoring on the final drive of the game. Especially if it is a playoff team. I have no faith in the defense to hold up.

This isn’t the first time Andy has allowed Rivers time to score and win the game. Andy can’t learn for **** sakes how to manage a game the right way. He doesn’t have that in his DNA or profile and that is why he will never be a champion.

kcpasco
12-14-2018, 04:38 PM
Team is not gonna lose to the Raiders because they are to talented. Gonna get their dicks kicked by the Seahags though because Andy and Bob. Can only hope Chargers drop a game.

King_Chief_Fan
12-14-2018, 05:09 PM
Chiefs will be 5th seed after Seattle game.
Travel and do their normal Houdini trick and disappear from the playoffs in first round.
Why? Because Andy, Bob and Chiefs

TEX
12-14-2018, 07:48 PM
Team is not gonna lose to the Raiders because they are to talented. Gonna get their dicks kicked by the Seahags though because Andy and Bob. Can only hope Chargers drop a game.

Yep. Primed to clinch the 5th seed now. Then done.

Coochie liquor
12-14-2018, 07:54 PM
And our defense could not stop the University of Kansas offense the way it is playing.

Mahomes and the offense will put up 28-35 points....Seattle will score 40 and win.

No faith in the defense right now. Worst defense in the League with the worst DC and it is not even close.

Sutton is a complete idiot.

How many times have they scored 40 this season??

Looks like once against the 9ers.

kcpasco
12-14-2018, 07:58 PM
Close game until late in the 4th where Seattle is good. Wilson is really good late in ballgames even if he sucks ass for 3 1/2 quarters.

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-14-2018, 07:59 PM
Chiefs 31 Seattle 24

Coochie liquor
12-14-2018, 08:01 PM
Dear pussies who are still locked in the past. Please note Alice Smith is no longer our qb. No team goes undefeated and wins the championship except 1 team many moons ago. Relax, Showtime has this under control. Let’s get healthy and watch the fireworks.

Hammock Parties
12-14-2018, 08:03 PM
Dear pussies who are still locked in the past. Please note Alice Smith is no longer our qb. No team goes undefeated and wins the championship except 1 team many moons ago. Relax, Showtime has this under control. Let’s get healthy and watch the fireworks.

It's not that we lost.

It's how we lost. It's where we lost.

We are no longer invincible at Arrowhead.

Red Dawg
12-14-2018, 08:05 PM
It's not that we lost.

When were ever invincible at Arrowhead? During all the playoff losses? Is that when?
Posted via Mobile Device

kcpasco
12-14-2018, 08:07 PM
It's not that we lost.

It’s not the 1990’s anymore. HFA is a myth. I’d much rather have a defensive coordinator that could not shit his pants in big games.

Chris Meck
12-14-2018, 08:13 PM
we're going to lose this game. I have zero doubt.

scho63
12-14-2018, 08:41 PM
Only the Chiefs can find a way to go from #1 seed to #5 seed in the last 3 games of the season.

A loss here or at home against Oakland and we are one and done in the playoffs. Add in all the mounting injuries and craptastic defense and once again...........

BECAUSE CHIEFS!!! :banghead:

Hammock Parties
12-14-2018, 09:49 PM
This could be epic, boys.

Our backs are against the wall.

You know what Andy Reid's teams do when their backs are against the wall?

THEY FIGHT

THEY WIN

Week 16 and 17 the last two years.

WE FOUGHT

AND WE WON

You know what Patrick Mahomes does when his back is against the wall?

HE RUNS

AND HE THROWS

HE FIGHTS

AND HE WINS

We got a big showdown coming up and history is on our side

Cus this ain't the fucking playoffs. Yet.

Regular season? We got this.

And then we'll get our confidence back. Our Mahomojo full restored by a win in Seattle, we buttfuck the Raiders and ride high with the road to the Super Bowl coming through MAHOMES COUNTRY.

This could be awesome.

I'm not even drunk.

Best22
12-14-2018, 09:55 PM
Only the Chiefs can find a way to go from #1 seed to #5 seed in the last 3 games of the season.

A loss here or at home against Oakland and we are one and done in the playoffs. Add in all the mounting injuries and craptastic defense and once again...........

BECAUSE CHIEFS!!! :banghead:

It makes no difference whether it’s road or home.

Either we go out and beat a team in the playoffs or we don’t. This offense is more slowpaced and conservative at home. Fans get nervous, effects players, then we choke

Put us on the road and let Mahomes rip it for 60 minutes then maybe we’ll walk away with a 45-40 win

Everything is set up for a playoff run. We rested injured players (just like LAC) because both teams know it’s more important to be healthy in January than December. Both teams will get stars back. We could go 15-1 and it wouldn’t mean sh*t if everyone was hurt

Heal up and get hot for a big run

gold_and_red
12-14-2018, 10:08 PM

Either we go out and beat a team in the playoffs or we don’t. This offense is more slowpaced and conservative at home. Fans get nervous, effects players, then we choke

Put us on the road and let Mahomes rip it for 60 minutes then maybe we’ll walk away with a 45-40 win

Everything is set up for a playoff run. We rested injured players (just like LAC) because both teams know it’s more important to be healthy in January than December. Both teams will get stars back. We could go 15-1 and it wouldn’t mean sh*t if everyone was hurt

HFA to the Chiefs matter little given playoff history and Reid's KC tenure. When was the last time Reid's Chiefs got blown out on the road or were utterly non-competitive? @Packers 2015, @Steelers 2016 (LOL Alex vs HoFers) and maybe once when Manning was at his peak in Denver, any others?
I am much more looking forward to Mahomes on the road even if it means one extra game. The team seems to play more loose and with a carefree attitude.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-14-2018, 10:20 PM

There might be some truth to this, but I’d still rather have the bye + HFA.

That’s something they’re gonna need to get over anyways with Mahomes being here. Probably gonna play a lot of home playoff games.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-15-2018, 04:20 PM
Some nuggets from PFF about Seattle, FWIW:

- 4 of 5 Seattle offensive linemen are currently graded as ‘below average’. Only LT Duane Brown is graded better.
- Chris Carson is the #5 ranked RB.
- Starting cornerbacks Shaquille Griffin and Tre Flowers are both ranked 104th and 74th overall amongst cornerbacks.
- Bobby Wagner is the #1 rated ILB.
- The interior DL is relatively average or worse across the board.
- Frank Clark is the #29 edge defender, Dion Jordan is #59, and Barkevious Mingo is #65.

I don’t think these ratings are ever gospel by any means but I do believe that they kinda confirm my initial feelings on this game—Seattle isn’t supremely talented, they’re well coached and gritty. They have a good quarterback to lead the offense and a great linebacker to lead the defense.

The Chiefs are the better team with extra days of rest. But they’re going into a brutal environment on SNF against a solid team. Hopefully the Chiefs are much more motivated given their playoff positioning than Seattle, who is locked into the 5 seed.

All things considered, I don’t see how the Seattle defense hangs with KC’s offense man for man. It’s a tough matchup. I suspect they’ll try to double Kelce and Hill a lot, and because of that I don’t expect much pressure beyond 4 guys. Or they could decide to send more pressure and leave Hill and Kelce 1 on 1 against dramatically inferior players.

The run defense better show up and at least contain Seattle. Can’t have super long drives all night. Wishful thinking probably, but that’s how Seattle will try to win.

KChiefs1
12-15-2018, 05:00 PM
Seahawks have nothing to play for, while the Chiefs have everything to play for.

That said they are a beast at home.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-15-2018, 05:02 PM
Seahawks have nothing to play for, while the Chiefs have everything to play for.

LAC beat them in Seattle this year. They’ve got some really impressive road wins.

LAR won there and GB gave them all they could handle. It’s a tough spot but a good team like KC should definitely be in it until the end, and given the situation, they should win IMO.

CoMoChief
12-15-2018, 05:20 PM
If SEA runs it every play (literally), they'll win by 10.

Hammock Parties
12-15-2018, 05:42 PM
they might especially have nothing to play for after sunday

it'd be pretty funny if we locked up the #1 seed because they sat half their starters

troll job on NE and SD

Hammock Parties
12-15-2018, 05:45 PM
Seahawks could be in position to rest starters as early as Week 16

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/12/12/18138263/seahawks-rest-starters-week-16-nfl-playoff-picture-2018

Seattle is currently 1.5 games up on the Minnesota Vikings, and two games clear of everyone else in the wild card race. They can clinch the #5 seed as early as Week 15 if the following happens:

Seahawks win AND:

Vikings tie or lose to Dolphins

This means that there is a non-zero chance the Chiefs vs. Seahawks game in Week 16 is meaningless to both sides, with Kansas City potentially having clinched the #1 seed in the AFC and Seattle the #5 seed in the NFC.

RaidersOftheCellar
12-15-2018, 06:00 PM

This fanbase doesn't deserve Mahomes.

Throwing in the towel vs an average team in a game that will mean nothing to them. Pathetic.

Mama Hip Rockets
12-15-2018, 06:02 PM
They gave up 140 yards rushing and a TD to two scrubs. And another 20 yards rushing and a TD to a goddamn WR.

Anyone care to guess what they give up when Gordon and Ekeler return?

Well, Gordon had 64 yards on 15 carries in September, when the Chiefs beat the Chargers by 10. People have short memories, though.

Mama Hip Rockets
12-15-2018, 06:04 PM

ROFL

What would make you think they'll lose by double digits? They haven't lost by more than 3 points all year, and they've played several teams that are better than Seattle. Man, you people overreact to every minor setback.

Mama Hip Rockets
12-15-2018, 06:13 PM

Why in the hell would they flex out of an 11-3 vs. 8-5 game?

Why Not?
12-15-2018, 06:34 PM
Why in the hell would they flex out of an 11-3 vs. 8-5 game?

Not to mention flex changes have to be announced two weeks prior

Chiefshrink
12-15-2018, 06:48 PM

You clearly do not have football eyes. Seattle is hitting on all cylinders right now where we on the other hand are playing with a defense that couldn't stop a pop warner team. The formula by everyone who plays us will be 1)contain PM2 in the pocket with heavy interior pressure, 2)run the ball to keep PM2 off the field, and 3)force PM2 to be perfect on every possession scoring a TD.

Why do you think LAC went for the 2 pt. conversion on the road especially when wins are absolute at this point ? They know they are in the playoffs regardless and don't care where there seed is and knew pretty confidently playing our pop warner defense they could succeed. But they will be damned if they remotely give PM2 a chance to drive the field and score 7 in OT.:hmmm:

dannybcaitlyn
12-15-2018, 07:26 PM
Seahawks could be in position to rest starters as early as Week 16

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/12/12/18138263/seahawks-rest-starters-week-16-nfl-playoff-picture-2018

That loss wounded our confidence so bad , people are praying the Seahawks rest starters. Lol

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-15-2018, 07:30 PM
Saw today that all Seahawks losses have come to teams with 9 or more wins

CapsLockKey
12-15-2018, 07:36 PM
Saw today that all Seahawks losses have come to teams with 9 or more winsThey have only beaten one team currently above .500. Dallas early in the year.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-15-2018, 07:45 PM

I think we’re gonna get ‘em. Chiefs will be locked in knowing that they are essentially playing for home field or to have to be the 5 seed.

Reid will have a great plan ready with the 10 day layoff I believe. Just need top level execution.

kccrow
12-15-2018, 08:03 PM
10 days of rest and preparation. Pissed off coming off a loss. Seahawks possessing mediocre offense and defense. KC is going to absolutely trash these punks. I'll even be nice and give the Hags some garbage points. Chiefs 45 - Seahawks 20.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-15-2018, 08:16 PM
10 days of rest and preparation. Pissed off coming off a loss. Seahawks possessing mediocre offense and defense. KC is going to absolutely trash these punks. I'll even be nice and give the Hags some garbage points. Chiefs 45 - Seahawks 20.

This. I want this.

But I’ll settle for a Chiefs win in any possible way.

loce1959
12-15-2018, 08:26 PM
As long as Andy calls the shots during the draft our defense is going to look like this. Defense needs to become at least an equal partner. Man up the scouting department, decide on a scheme and draft and trade for players that fit that scheme.

Chief Northman
12-15-2018, 08:32 PM
I’m not confident the Chiefs get back on track.

The loss to the Chargers was a gut punch. The coaching job was reminiscent of recent playoff chokes where the defense was confused, porous and reeling late in the game. The offense took penalties and Reid couldn’t scheme Kelce or Hill to make an impact. Berry’s presence was possibly a distraction and although the running back by committee approach has been decent since Hunt’s release there is no doubt that the Hunt debacle has rattled this team.

The defense is poorly coached, the deployment is questionable and with their confidence at a low point, they’ve accrued another devastating injury with the loss of Fuller.
Dropping Mahomes back to pass 40+ times cannot compensate for the futility of this defense. The Seahawks are a bad matchup. They will play ball control and eat clock, but roast our secondary with timely play-action shots. Baldwin will be back to bring more balance to Seattles offense. Their defense will take Hill and Kelce away.

I want to be able to turn the page on the LA game and be positive, but Thursday night was deja vu. I’ve seen this too often to be fooled again by yet another regular season lion turned lamb when games are meaningful.

Hammock Parties
12-15-2018, 08:43 PM
Fuller won't miss any games.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-15-2018, 08:44 PM
Re:ChiefNorthman—Fuller isn’t supposed to be out based on all I’ve read and heard about.

Where’s the enthusiasm you had pregame Thursday? You wrote up that big storyline and said we’d lose to LA, somehow, some way. But we’d get back on track and wind up getting to the Super Bowl.

You got the first part right, why veer off now? :shrug:

Chief Northman
12-15-2018, 08:52 PM
Re:ChiefNorthman—Fuller isn’t supposed to be out based on all I’ve read and heard about.

Where’s the enthusiasm you had pregame Thursday? You wrote up that big storyline and said we’d lose to LA, somehow, some way. But we’d get back on track and wind up getting to the Super Bowl.

You got the first part right, why veer off now? :shrug:

It’s the WAY we lost. The Chargers get some credit here too, they are outstanding and were due. But after an encouraging 3 quarters, watching the Chiefs implode with the penalties, and awful secondary play convinced me that this group is not “all in”. To have the breakdowns they did this late in a season are signs of a regressing squad. Too late this season, but Reid needs to fire the entire defensive coaching staff, put his ego/loyalty aside and turn that side of the ball over to a respected, reputable coordinator who can teach, recruit and inspire.

Chief Northman
12-15-2018, 08:54 PM
And thanks for the Fuller update pugs and Clay. I was under the impression Fuller was done for the regular season.

A Salt Weapon
12-15-2018, 09:57 PM
This game will likely mean nothing to Seattle but everything to the Chiefs, and most of you are still chalking it up as a loss. Unbelievable level of cowardice.

Take away a couple bogus penalties last night and we're celebrating a division title and everybody's ecstatic about Super Bowl possibilities. Laughable.

Take away a couple bogus penalties in 3 different games and we’re undefeated.

Mama Hip Rockets
12-15-2018, 10:46 PM

They lost to the Broncos.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-15-2018, 10:50 PM
Need Fuller our there for certain. This is the kind of opponent that he helps most against, one that has a really good slot WR.

RunKC
12-15-2018, 10:58 PM
This game is going to tell us what kind of team this is going to be this year. Andy’s teams are always soft and cave under pressure year after year.

You just lost your worst game of the season. If this team is going to have any chance to win in January it needs its confidence back. We need this win badly.

Get the win, get healthy and FFS please win in January.

Chief Northman
12-15-2018, 11:01 PM
This game is going to tell us what kind of team this is going to be this year. Andy’s teams are always soft and cave under pressure year after year.

You just lost your worst game of the season. If this team is going to have any chance to win in January it needs its confidence back. We need this win badly.

Yeah, pretty much this. The response to the Chargers game will say everything about this group.

mcaj22
12-15-2018, 11:02 PM
so the Chiefs defense has about a week to figure out how to stop the run. Yeah, that's not happening.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-15-2018, 11:02 PM

Agreed.

A team that is prepared to win in the playoffs would go into Seattle and find a way to win this one.

Best22
12-15-2018, 11:03 PM

We win plenty of tough regular season games “under pressure”

2016 Broncos 30-27
2017 Chargers 30-13

Won’t mean anything. We could beat Seattle 45-7 and it still wouldn’t have much bearing on the playoffs. You can lose crucial games late in the year and still go on a Superbowl run. Just look at the 2012 Ravens and 1997 Broncos

Red Dawg
12-15-2018, 11:10 PM
Take away a couple bogus penalties in 3 different games and we’re undefeated.

If our stinking dbs could catch we would be undefeated. Each loss they dropped a game winning int.
Posted via Mobile Device

chinaski
12-15-2018, 11:14 PM
so the Chiefs defense has about a week to figure out how to stop the run. Yeah, that's not happening.

Sob Button is going to fuck this up.

TribalElder
12-16-2018, 12:14 AM
Sunday Night Football

Prime time officiaids

RunKC
12-16-2018, 12:33 AM
Russell Wilson is 42-12 at home. This will be extremely difficult for us.

stevieray
12-16-2018, 01:03 AM
Andy’s teams are always soft and cave under pressure

I've seen that exact look on his face late in big games. I think the pressure paralyzes him in some way.

I felt like I was watching last years team Thursday night.

but you are correct...their response will be telling.

milkshock
12-16-2018, 01:36 AM
Sunday Night Football

Prime time officiaids

The ‘all star’ crew will be out there no doubt

T-post Tom
12-16-2018, 01:38 AM
Sob Button is going to **** this up.

Seahawks have rushed 422 times this season. They have attempted 346 passes. Logic says they will be even more run heavy in order to keep our offense off the field. Not hard to imagine that our DC won't anticipate this. How far into the game before he makes "adjustments"? :cuss:

BlackOp
12-16-2018, 01:46 AM
Sunday Night Football

Prime time officiaids

NE...0 penalties/0 punts

Rams...more penalties than I've ever seen in the beginning of a game in 40+years....while ignoring two on the same play for a TD.

LAC...never had a lead until :04 seconds in the game off fake DPI call.

Chiefs have been royally screwed on National Broadcasts all season...make no mistake, this is for LAC's #1 seed....it's going to happen again. They want the entire world to keep watching the Chiefs lose...in extreme ways.

New World Order
12-16-2018, 03:00 AM

We can't even line up properly

Titty Meat
12-16-2018, 03:42 AM
We will choke in the playoffs how much more proof do you fools need with Andy?

Imon Yourside
12-16-2018, 03:51 AM

So everyone should just stop watching despite the fact any real fan knows we've been begging for a franchise qb for dang near 40 years and got that in spades?

New World Order
12-16-2018, 03:53 AM

It's the defensive collapses that kill us.

If we had a somewhat competent d they'd be undefeated.

Titty Meat
12-16-2018, 04:06 AM
So everyone should just stop watching despite the fact any real fan knows we've been begging for a franchise qb for dang near 40 years and got that in spades?

Where in your delusional mind which btw thinks 9-11 and sandy hook were conspiracy theories did I say that?

Warrior5
12-16-2018, 06:38 AM
Seahawks have rushed 422 times this season. They have attempted 346 passes. Logic says they will be even more run heavy in order to keep our offense off the field. Not hard to imagine that our DC won't anticipate this. How far into the game before he makes "adjustments"? :cuss:

Yes... I have counted this game as a loss for months now, which is why the giveaway to the Chargers pisses me off so much.

BryanBusby
12-16-2018, 07:09 AM
The Seahawks are the worst match up for KC, especially on the road and on primetime. They get all the calls at home, so the Chiefs are pretty fucked because they get hardly any calls.

Early impression would be better hope the Ravens come to play next week.

NJChiefsFan
12-16-2018, 07:46 AM
NE...0 penalties/0 punts

Rams...more penalties than I've ever seen in the beginning of a game in 40+years....while ignoring two on the same play for a TD.

LAC...never had a lead until :04 seconds in the game off fake DPI call.

Chiefs have been royally screwed on National Broadcasts all season...make no mistake, this is for LAC's #1 seed....it's going to happen again. They want the entire world to keep watching the Chiefs lose...in extreme ways.

It's incredible how you ignore anything that doesn't fit your narrative. I've never seen a bigger case of confirmation bias in my life.

crayzkirk
12-16-2018, 07:49 AM
I say let's do what Chiefs fans do... We pick ourselves up after a loss and cheer the team on. We have been through much worse, the future is bright and the past is the past.

I am so tired of the conspiracy theories. I don't understand why that sort of thought process makes some people happy? The referees are terrible, the game is fast, it's loud and they are just human.

GO CHIEFS!!!

Stryker
12-16-2018, 08:55 AM
The Seahawks are the worst match up for KC, especially on the road and on primetime. They get all the calls at home, so the Chiefs are pretty fucked because they get hardly any calls.

Early impression would be better hope the Ravens come to play next week.

We need to win out b/c I believe the Chargers will. Unfortunately, I don't see us winning this one. I want to believe that Mahomes is the 13th man but our D is going to allow Russell Wilson to run like a gazelle.

FAX
12-16-2018, 09:10 AM
I haven't run the numbers, but I think our chances are good against the Seahags. Call it intuition. Call it inspiration. Call it insanity. But I think that embarrassing-ass loss against the Bolts was just the wake-up call we needed. That was a "welcome to the post-season" moment.

I also haven't run the numbers on how many posts on the subject of NFL-fixing via crucial calls by the refs are almost identical. My guess is that, if you combined all the salient and non-repetitive language in those posts into one single, solitary post, it would be about 3 sentences long. And about 80% of the server database would be transported to the soul stone realm.

FAX

stevieray
12-16-2018, 10:10 AM
..if Matt Cassel can win there.....

Hammock Parties
12-16-2018, 10:12 AM

casshole beat a 7-9 team

stevieray
12-16-2018, 10:16 AM
casshole beat a 7-9 team

and?

He still won and PM is light years better.

Hammock Parties
12-16-2018, 10:18 AM
and?

He still won and PM is light years better.

do you think people here would be near as concerned if the seahawks were trash

stevieray
12-16-2018, 10:31 AM
do you think people here would be near as concerned if the seahawks were trash

We were 6-4 and they were 5-5.

FAX
12-16-2018, 10:36 AM
I can't get a read on the Seahags. Are they good? They split with the Rambs. Are they just okay? They've been beating up on the 9ers, Panthers, and Vikings (teams that don't convey "offensive juggernaut"). Seattle is an early 1-point favorite apparently.

This is confusing.

FAX

Deberg_1990
12-16-2018, 10:38 AM
Chiefs win at Seattle

Then lose at home to the Raiders

Cause Chiefs.....

TimeForWasp
12-16-2018, 11:01 AM

flip flop much??

TimeForWasp
12-16-2018, 11:06 AM
No fear of the Seahawks. When they were in the AFC west they were the cellar dweller. I still think of them that way.

Best22
12-16-2018, 11:09 AM

Sh*tbag quarterbacks have won in every venue

Doesn’t mean a thing. Especially since Mora was the coach, not Carroll

Mahomes and the Chiefs have a bigger challenge, but the Chiefs have the ability to win, and it may not be close

Hammock Parties
12-16-2018, 11:15 AM
We were 6-4 and they were 5-5.

just a weird comparison that has nothing to do with this year's seahawks team

this pass rush would crush matt hasselbeck

pugsnotdrugs19
12-16-2018, 11:28 AM
I can't get a read on the Seahags. Are they good? They split with the Rambs. Are they just okay? They've been beating up on the 9ers, Panthers, and Vikings (teams that don't convey "offensive juggernaut"). Seattle is an early 1-point favorite apparently.

This is confusing.

FAX

They’re far inferior to KC in terms of talent, but they have a couple things going for them. A great HFA on Sunday night, and Bob Sutton.

They will run the ball a ton and if we can’t get them off the field, offensive possessions will be limited.

Imon Yourside
12-16-2018, 11:34 AM
Where in your delusional mind which btw thinks 9-11 and sandy hook were conspiracy theories did I say that?

Wrong dipshit and you certainly implied it.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-16-2018, 11:40 AM
This also is a game where Berry can potentially make a massive difference in stopping the Seattle run game to an extent. Can’t let them have long drives all night.

Sassy Squatch
12-16-2018, 11:43 AM
So we're rooting for a Seattle win and Minnesota loss, correct?

Chris Meck
12-16-2018, 11:44 AM
No fear of the Seahawks. When they were in the AFC west they were the cellar dweller. I still think of them that way.

they've been to two super bowls and won one in the last decade. Time to change your perception.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-16-2018, 11:44 AM
So we're rooting for a Seattle win and Minnesota loss, correct?

Yeah, I mean a Seattle win pretty well cements themselves as the 5 seed regardless

Sassy Squatch
12-16-2018, 11:45 AM
Nah, we need Seattle with absolutely nothing to play for. Don't trust Sutton and his crew if Seattle has the tiniest bit of motivation.

kcpasco
12-16-2018, 11:47 AM
Does Baldwin play? He’s gonna rape this defense. He’s gonna gape our buttholes like prison sex.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-16-2018, 11:50 AM
Nah, we need Seattle with absolutely nothing to play for. Don't trust Sutton and his crew if Seattle has the tiniest bit of motivation.

At the end of the day it’s on KC to go in there and strap up for a do or die type of mindset. This is a week where Mahomes and Berry have to drill that sense of urgency into everyone’s heads every single second.

Sassy Squatch
12-16-2018, 11:52 AM
At the end of the day it’s on KC to go in there and strap up for a do or die type of mindset. This is a week where Mahomes and Berry have to drill that sense of urgency into everyone’s heads every single second.
Hah. Been waiting for that for years, and they've always let us down.

kcpasco
12-16-2018, 11:53 AM
This secondary vs. Baldwin and Lockett. Prepare thy anus and hope Mahomes can drop at least 40.

PHOG
12-16-2018, 11:55 AM
They might use this extra time to review where they are to line up on any given defensive play.

KChiefs1
12-16-2018, 12:00 PM
They’re far inferior to KC in terms of talent, but they have a couple things going for them. A great HFA on Sunday night, and Bob Sutton.

They will run the ball a ton and if we can’t get them off the field, offensive possessions will be limited.

Disagree

In the last 12 games the Seahawks are 9-3 the same as the Chiefs. They are playing in one of the best HFA stadiums in the NFL. I see two evenly matched teams with the Seahawks playing at home.

Chiefs will have to play one of their better games to win.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-16-2018, 12:02 PM
Disagree

In the last 12 games the Seahawks are 9-3 the same as the Chiefs. They are playing in one of the best HFA stadiums in the NFL. I see two evenly matched teams with the Seahawks playing at home.

Chiefs will have to play one of their better games to win.

Well yeah, they’re a good team, but they’re inferior as it relates to talent. By a lot.

KChiefs1
12-16-2018, 12:06 PM
Well yeah, they’re a good team, but they’re inferior as it relates to talent. By a lot.

I think you have your Chiefs colored glasses on. The talent difference isn’t that great.

Sassy Squatch
12-16-2018, 12:07 PM
You're either severely overestimating how much talent is on this team, or severely underestimating the Seahawks.

kcpasco
12-16-2018, 12:07 PM
Seahawks do an amazing job of replacing defensive talent and keep playing at a high level. If KC doesn’t have a roster full of all pros their D is dead last.

PHOG
12-16-2018, 12:09 PM
Seahawks are 8-5

RunKC
12-16-2018, 12:19 PM

Losers mentality.

We don’t need Seattle to have nothing to play for. We need our team to play like they have everything to play for.

Chargers beat Seattle, Pittsburgh and us on the road. If the Chiefs can’t win a game they know they have to have, then they don’t deserve the division or the 1 seed over the Chargers.

Sassy Squatch
12-16-2018, 12:22 PM
Losers mentality.

We don’t need Seattle to have nothing to play for. We need our team to play like they have everything to play for.

Chargers beat Seattle, Pittsburgh and us on the road. If the Chiefs can’t win a game they know they have to have, then they don’t deserve the division or the 1 seed over the Chargers.
No shit it's a losers mentality. Those fucking assholes had their chance Thursday night, and they royally blew it, like the fucking losers they are.

mcaj22
12-16-2018, 12:23 PM
The funny part about the Seahawks is they basically run a 2018 form of Martyball with Brian Schottenheimer. It was an outdated offense when everybody had huge pluggers in the front 7 to stop the run in the early/mid 2000s. Now that this copy cat league all went to pass and front 7s got smaller/faster/stronger, Martyball now has value. And they Seahawks offense is a unique matchup as their style of play in the NFL is the complete outlier. Chiefs are one of the many teams not built in todays game to stop Martyball. Which is odd because if any franchise should know Martyball it should be the Chiefs. And if ANY defensive coordinator should know Martyball it's Sutton BECAUSE HE WENT AGAINST IT EVERY SINGLE DAY WHEN HE WAS A JETS COACH under Rex Ryan.

And yet, I'm sure they will still find a way to screw this up.

mlyonsd
12-16-2018, 12:30 PM
One positive is this game is being played Sunday night instead of Christmas Eve. Santa shouldn't have to face drunk pissed off chief fans.

Chris Meck
12-16-2018, 12:42 PM
The funny part about the Seahawks is they basically run a 2018 form of Martyball with Brian Schottenheimer. It was an outdated offense when everybody had huge pluggers in the front 7 to stop the run in the early/mid 2000s. Now that this copy cat league all went to pass and front 7s got smaller/faster/stronger, Martyball now has value. And they Seahawks offense is a unique matchup as their style of play in the NFL is the complete outlier. Chiefs are one of the many teams not built in todays game to stop Martyball. Which is odd because if any franchise should know Martyball it should be the Chiefs. And if ANY defensive coordinator should know Martyball it's Sutton BECAUSE HE WENT AGAINST IT EVERY SINGLE DAY WHEN HE WAS A JETS COACH under Rex Ryan.

And yet, I'm sure they will still find a way to screw this up.

It's an interesting point you make; and I think it's worth applying it in a broader context. The switch from almost universal 4 man defensive fronts to 3-4 was to take advantage of undervalued physical types/skills. Now that half the teams run a 3-4 that's not really an advantage anymore. It's kind of like when the Royals decided to value contact, speed, and defense. Everybody was valuing the high strike-out home run hitters and we went to two WS in a row with the opposite skill sets.

The NFL is a copycat league; but in order to get ahead of the curve you have to find the things that nobody else is doing and DO THAT. We're a good example on offense, Reid is constantly pushing the envelope. We need to find a defensive mind that can mirror that. Or shit, I'd settle for being able to teach and coach simple schematic responsibilities.

mnchiefsguy
12-16-2018, 02:38 PM
How many times have they scored 40 this season??

Looks like once against the 9ers.

Faiders had not scored more than 23 points in a game when they played us.

They scored 33 on our shit defense.

mcaj22
12-16-2018, 03:42 PM
It's an interesting point you make; and I think it's worth applying it in a broader context. The switch from almost universal 4 man defensive fronts to 3-4 was to take advantage of undervalued physical types/skills. Now that half the teams run a 3-4 that's not really an advantage anymore. It's kind of like when the Royals decided to value contact, speed, and defense. Everybody was valuing the high strike-out home run hitters and we went to two WS in a row with the opposite skill sets.

The NFL is a copycat league; but in order to get ahead of the curve you have to find the things that nobody else is doing and DO THAT. We're a good example on offense, Reid is constantly pushing the envelope. We need to find a defensive mind that can mirror that. Or shit, I'd settle for being able to teach and coach simple schematic responsibilities.

I think it's going to take a team with a huge set of stones to target player types on defense that are currently undervalued or considered an archaic skill set. Or maybe find a value or statistic that completely goes against the grain of the current trends and scheme your defense around that. A defensive look that nobody else is doing today.

It's similar to the NBA. Big huge centers that are block chasers and rebounders almost have no value because it's all about getting back on defense and going out and defending at the perimeter. Huge stiffs are useless. Same thing with todays NFL. Williams Wall like the Vikings had in the mid 2000s isnt a thing anymore. Big huge MLBer pluggers are a completely useless body type to have. You basically have to be a safety and convert to LBer when you make the jump to the NFL to have a ton of value. Or be a completely freak of nature at LBer. (run like a HB/WR) Which is like 1% of the college prospects out there lol.

big nasty kcnut
12-16-2018, 03:50 PM
This like a bye week for andy we will win this week book it.

T-post Tom
12-16-2018, 03:51 PM
Watching Hags v 49ers now. Hags down 7-6. I know they like to run, but their WRs vs. Chiefs secondary scare me. Praying and hoping the 2016 Berry shows up next Sunday. Only way the Chiefs overcome the Hags and Bob Sutton. That or the offense will need to score on nearly every possession.

Best22
12-16-2018, 03:52 PM
Losers mentality.

:clap:

T-post Tom
12-16-2018, 04:01 PM

I can agree with that overall. Sadly, it already happened on Thursday.

MahiMike
12-16-2018, 04:06 PM
35-21 Chiefs

Chiefs Pantalones
12-16-2018, 04:23 PM
If NE loses to PITT and LA loses to BALT, a Chiefs win in Seattle would win the division and homefield advantage throughout.

Mama Hip Rockets
12-16-2018, 04:26 PM
Wait, why are we worried about a team that's getting lit up by Nick Mullens?

Mr_Tomahawk
12-16-2018, 04:28 PM
If NE loses to PITT and LA loses to BALT, a Chiefs win in Seattle would win the division and homefield advantage throughout.

Derp.

Welcome to football.

Mama Hip Rockets
12-16-2018, 04:29 PM
I can't get a read on the Seahags. Are they good? They split with the Rambs.

They lost to the Rams twice.

NJChiefsFan
12-16-2018, 04:30 PM

Derp.

Welcome to football.

HOU has the strength of victory over us near as I can figure. Didn't do the math yet. I'm sure it's already done on some website as well. A loss to Oakland could give HOU the 1 seed.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-16-2018, 04:35 PM
Derp.

Welcome to football.

K.

KC_Connection
12-16-2018, 04:37 PM
Some have been calling this game Baltimore all over again, but Baltimore actually had a defence. Seattle won’t keep up with Mahomes.

T-post Tom
12-16-2018, 04:38 PM

I think the general worry is that we have a defense that has no problem giving up 15 points in 4 mins on their home field. We've got players that were juked by A. Gates, and we have a DC that can't make game time adjustments. Combine all that with a Seahawks' offense that is a rush first/ball control offense that also has good WRs and a good QB and well.... I'm sure there's more, but that's what comes to mind. I'm hoping Hill is completely healthy, Mahomes has a career day and 2016 EB plays the whole game. :)

T-post Tom
12-16-2018, 04:41 PM
Some have been calling this game Baltimore all over again, but Baltimore actually had a defence. Seattle won’t keep up with Mahomes.

I really hope you're right. I haven't been this nervous over a game since the game vs. the Titans last Jan. This feels like a playoff game to me. Loss of a bye week and home field advantage would not be good.

kysirsoze
12-16-2018, 04:42 PM
I really hope you're right. I haven't been this nervous over a game since the game vs. the Titans last Jan. This feels like a playoff game to me. Loss of a bye week and home field advantage would not be good.

Didn't help Thursday. Main thing I care about is a bye.

Hammock Parties
12-16-2018, 04:46 PM
way to burn that on a regular season game buttfuck