PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs #31 Darrel Williams needs to be our starting running back

BandwagonChiefsFan
12-13-2018, 11:07 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Chiefs</a> must start Darrel Williams. Backing up Fournette at LSU was the only reason he wasn&#39;t drafted somewhere in the first 3-4 rounds.<br><br>Despite backing up Fournette, he had +2K yards w/ 19 TDs &amp; 5.7 YPCA<br><br>He&#39;s the best RB the Chiefs have, even if nobody else knows it yet.</p>&mdash; Matt Dickson (@Matty_D_Dickson) <a href="https://twitter.com/Matty_D_Dickson/status/1068920253395087360?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 1, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I&#39;d give the rookie the opportunity to win the job over Ware, who I think is a somewhat limited player. Darrel Williams has burst, speed, strength, vision, balance, hands and blocks. 50/50 splits.<br><br>In my humble opinion, I thought he was the best RB in the preseason not name Hunt.</p>&mdash; Matt Dickson (@Matty_D_Dickson) <a href="https://twitter.com/Matty_D_Dickson/status/1068926929573634048?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 1, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Not that I remember. I think he&#39;s been inactive most games, buried behind Hunt, Ware and Damien Williams. Personally I don&#39;t understand it.<br><br>I think Ware is a nice complementary player, but he isn&#39;t dynamic. And Damien Williams is JAG. Darrel Williams looks like the real deal tho</p>&mdash; Matt Dickson (@Matty_D_Dickson) <a href="https://twitter.com/Matty_D_Dickson/status/1068937855660044288?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 1, 2018</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">He should get 50/50 splits w/ Ware. I&#39;m afraid they give his touches to Damien Williams who&#39;s just a JAG from the Dolphins.<br><br>Where-as Darrel Williams is a young, explosive playmaker who&#39;s the complete package. Based on the depth chart, I don&#39;t see him getting many touches. Sucks.</p>&mdash; Matt Dickson (@Matty_D_Dickson) <a href="https://twitter.com/Matty_D_Dickson/status/1068939393296154624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 1, 2018</a></blockquote>

BandwagonChiefsFan
12-13-2018, 11:33 PM
Either our coaching staff is dumb or they're deliberately sabotaging our team by not making him the starter.

Best22
12-13-2018, 11:35 PM
Damien Williams had 123 yards from scrimmage

IowaHawkeyeChief
12-13-2018, 11:36 PM
Dumb thread. Damien looked really good tonight as is both fast and powerful... reminded me of Kareem.

Sure-Oz
12-13-2018, 11:37 PM
Should've ran Damien more

MVChiefFan
12-13-2018, 11:39 PM
Damien was awesome! There’s room for both. Maybe just a few more touches for Darrel. But, Damien was beasting out there!

BandwagonChiefsFan
12-13-2018, 11:48 PM
Damien Williams had 123 yards from scrimmage

Damian Williams is a role player. His stats have no impact.

Darrel Williams is a superstar. He impacts game same way as Kareem Hunt. I guarantee you if we make Darrel Williams the full-time starter. We'll go back to being an explosive offense.

BandwagonChiefsFan
12-13-2018, 11:49 PM
Damien was awesome! There’s room for both. Maybe just a few more touches for Darrel. But, Damien was beasting out there!

That's like Ware getting same amount of touches as Kareem Hunt. Its just flat out dumb. Our superstar runningback Darrel Williams needs to get majority of touches.

Why Not?
12-13-2018, 11:49 PM
Can he play LB or coach?

IowaHawkeyeChief
12-13-2018, 11:50 PM

Darrel Williams is a superstar. He impacts game same way as Kareem Hunt.

I guarantee you if we make Darrel Williams the full-time starter. We'll go back to being an explosive offense.

I take it your his brother and/or went to LSU and are, per you own label, a bandwagon chief fan...

Damien was very good tonight, we weren't as explosive tonight because we couldn't stretch the defense with Hill at 60% and Sammy out. Damien was a nice surprise.

BandwagonChiefsFan
12-13-2018, 11:51 PM
Darrel Williams is a superstar runningback. He'll open up our offense in the same Kareem Hunt did.

I'm convinced we have dumb coaches or they're in on the conspiracy to sabotage the Chiefs by keeping one of our star players off the field.

BWillie
12-13-2018, 11:52 PM
We're talking about a running back. Who cares.

MVChiefFan
12-13-2018, 11:53 PM
That's like Ware getting same amount of touches as Kareem Hunt. Its just flat out dumb. Our superstar runningback Darrel Williams needs to get majority of touches.

Why are you crowning Darrel a superstar when he’s literally only touched the ball a handful of times. Look, I have a lot of confidence in him and HOPE he turns out amazing. But Damien did great... so let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

lcarus
12-13-2018, 11:55 PM
They both looked good tonight

GoHuge
12-14-2018, 12:01 AM
Can he play LB or coach?THIS

We have 3 serviceable RBs and no ILB or coaches that know how to manage a game towards the end of either half of the game.

BandwagonChiefsFan
12-14-2018, 12:02 AM
A good game from a role player does not have same impact as a good game from a superstar.

Its why our offense has been garbage since Kareem Hunt left despite our backup runningbacks putting good stats in all 3 games.

That means we need a superstar at runningback and we have one in Darrel Williams.

JakeF
12-14-2018, 12:25 AM
Damien and Darrel complement each other really well. Both should get carries, who starts is irrelevant. It doesn't seem like Ware can stay healthy anyway.

ping2000
12-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Can he play safety? If not, can he run over our safeties and kill them in practice?

Fish
12-14-2018, 12:45 AM
Before the season started, I thought Darrel looked like the better back, even though a lot of others disagreed. But Damien ran his ass off today and definitely deserves some touches too.

JakeF
12-14-2018, 12:46 AM
Can he play safety? If not, can he run over our safeties and kill them in practice?
I would bet money that if you gave Damien and Darrel a little time to learn the position that they would better than Ron Parker.

Why the fuck isn't Lucas playing?

Hammock Parties
12-14-2018, 12:47 AM
He's got some kind of rare power. Like, LJ power.

Darrel needs more carries.

bevischief
12-14-2018, 12:53 AM
Jack frost should a great life as a..................................

jaa1025
12-14-2018, 12:57 AM
I think it's a matter of the Chiefs not trusting Darrel Williams yet. It's hard to earn that trust when he isn't getting reps though. I agree though and like him a lot. I like both of the Williams for next year and I don't think I'd waste a pick or spend money on the position next year.

BandwagonChiefsFan
12-14-2018, 12:48 PM
Darrel has same type of athleticism as Kareem Hunt. He would make offense explosive again.

bricks
12-14-2018, 12:53 PM
Does Darrel Williams wear #31?

Yo thats a good number!!

If you look at Chiefs history, they had two great #31’s in Priest Holmes and Kevin Ross.

Dar. Williams is probably a “g?” Who knows? Gotta try him out and maybe we could get that other #31 added to that list?

thabear04
12-14-2018, 01:04 PM
Was Damien hurt after he had carry where a bunch of chargers players trying to take him down. Seem like he was hurt from his lower back wasn't to sure.

Blick
12-14-2018, 02:11 PM
It doesn't really matter who the running back is if Andy isn't going to call a balanced game.

I know we're all excited and love Mahomes but I think we need to pull back a little bit with going all in on the passing game. We're putting a tremendous amount of responsibility on the shoulders of a 1st year starter and while he has handled it great for the most part, I think he would be even better if we gave him more balance. More of a run game and more play action would help everybody on offense.

Chris Meck
12-14-2018, 03:35 PM
I'm totally good with the three W's carrying the load. Darrel is my current favorite, though. Damien has played very well, too. And Ware is solid, if unspectacular. I think we're good here.

JakeF
12-14-2018, 04:34 PM
Damien was the one with all the yards from scrimmage against the chargers? Why is everyone talking about Darrel? Btw, i like both.

ChiTown
12-14-2018, 06:45 PM
Before the season started, I thought Darrel looked like the better back, even though a lot of others disagreed. But Damien ran his ass off today and definitely deserves some touches too.

I said the same thing in the preseason and was quickly corrected by the CP FB Mafia that DW was replacement level quality as a NFL RB.

kysirsoze
12-14-2018, 06:54 PM
Is BandWagonChiefsFan Darrel's agent or something?

Tribal Warfare
12-14-2018, 07:48 PM
He's got some kind of rare power. Like, LJ power.

Darrel needs more carries.

Another RB Mancrush blossoming

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-14-2018, 08:20 PM
I'm good with all our RB's

Mosbonian
12-14-2018, 08:22 PM
Is BandWagonChiefsFan Darrel's agent or something?

Darrel's agent, brother or other family relative.

SAUTO
12-14-2018, 08:23 PM
I kinda feel the same way. I think Darrel Williams is going to be our no.1 sooner rather than later. And he's going to be good

BandwagonChiefsFan
12-15-2018, 12:25 AM
I predict Chiefs will be a wildcard team and one done in playoffs unless we make Darrel Williams the starter and every-down back.

MVChiefFan
12-15-2018, 01:20 AM
Is this a Daru mult? Which is also a mult.

BandwagonChiefsFan
12-15-2018, 06:17 PM
Chiefs = Titantic
Spencer Ware and Damian Williams = Iceberg
Darrel Williams = Lifeboat

If we don't get on the lifeboat aka make Darrel the starter and every-down back, we're going to sink to bottom of ocean and everyone will die.

Chiefshrink
12-15-2018, 06:35 PM

Darrel Williams is a superstar. He impacts game same way as Kareem Hunt. I guarantee you if we make Darrel Williams the full-time starter. We'll go back to being an explosive offense.

I.E. to Darryl in due time when he thoroughly knows the playbook. Damian is far more than just a role player my friend and he proved it against the Chargers. For all the depressive talk about the loss and our defense our stable of RBs were a silver lining to the KH situation and why I said I am not worried in the least.;)

Hammock Parties
12-15-2018, 06:37 PM
Ware's gonna be back anyway.

Pitt Gorilla
12-15-2018, 06:57 PM
I’ve alwys liked him over ware. Damien was excellent as well, though.

kcpasco
12-15-2018, 07:01 PM
Darrel looks to be the real deal.

dannybcaitlyn
12-15-2018, 07:24 PM
Damien looked Good. Actually surprising. Darrel only had a few carries that I saw and looked slower.

JakeF
12-15-2018, 07:53 PM
Damien looked Good. Actually surprising. Darrel only had a few carries that I saw and looked slower.
I think people are getting them mixed up.

Darrel had 2 carries for like 2 yards against the chargers. Damien has 130 yards from scrimmage or something. Damien is the guy who looks like he is going to become at least our 3rd down back. In this offense, 3rd down backs are used a lot.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-15-2018, 07:54 PM
Damien is looking really good

Darrel is meh.

MahiMike
12-15-2018, 08:00 PM
I kinda like that Kareem Hunt kid.

kccrow
12-15-2018, 08:01 PM
Chiefs = Titantic
Spencer Ware and Damian Williams = Iceberg
Darrel Williams = Lifeboat

If we don't get on the lifeboat aka make Darrel the starter and every-down back, we're going to sink to bottom of ocean and everyone will die.

So, do you suck Darrell's dick in your free time? Asking for a friend.

How about we see him get some meaningful carries in the NFL before we crown him anything but a bench warmer.

Chiefaholic
12-15-2018, 09:04 PM
In preseason, Darrel impressed me, so I wasn't surprised that West was cut in favor of 31. And as of right now, he's the only back that's under contract next season. With Sherman, Ware, West, and Damian Williams as potential free agents, I see the Chiefs resigning two of these and drafting another. If money was equal, I'd choose Sherman and Damian then let West and Ware test the FA waters.

KChiefs1
12-15-2018, 09:22 PM
RB is not a problem on this team.

JakeF
12-15-2018, 09:54 PM
In preseason, Darrel impressed me, so I wasn't surprised that West was cut in favor of 31. And as of right now, he's the only back that's under contract next season. With Sherman, Ware, West, and Damian Williams as potential free agents, I see the Chiefs resigning two of these and drafting another. If money was equal, I'd choose Sherman and Damian then let West and Ware test the FA waters.
Absolutely, but Sherman is probably going to want too much money for us to keep him. We just don't use a fullback that much. Ware and West can hit the road, Damien and Darrel are just fine. Hopefully we get a chance to draft an elite back in the draft next year.