PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Expectations

Marada
12-13-2018, 11:38 PM
Did not want to lose that one but it happened. But you know what, this team has exceeded my expectations for this year already. Don't think there are many here that could say we would be in this position when the season started. And I am excited thinking that for the next decade we will have a chance for the playoffs every season. Keep going and you'll pull it out at some point. Lot of people are going harp on the defense, or lack there of but I put this on the offense. 3 times we had a chance to make a drive and salt away a win. Could not do it. Have other teams figured out a weakness? Seems like the last 3 games we cannot get chunk yardage like we had earlier in the season. QB isn't getting the time that he used to get. Yet opposing teams seem to have at least a second and a half longer pocket time. I think we are seeing a young QB who has had so much hype about his greatness thrown at him that basics have lost a little focus. Moving forward, I think we have the start of something special. I did not expect this when the season started, thought that we would still need offensive line help. Still do. I think we need major defensive secondary help and 1 great inside linebacker. Pieces are coming together.

Baby Lee
12-13-2018, 11:47 PM
Patrick Mahomes II has wildly exceeded expectations.

The team overall is bottom tier.

Bowser
12-14-2018, 12:45 AM
I expect a one-and-done in the playoffs, just as they have been since Andy has gotten here. Sutton is a big piece of that, and until he is gone, I have no faith that this team will ever be considered anything other than "regular season great".

Bowser
12-14-2018, 12:47 AM
Patrick Mahomes II has wildly exceeded expectations.

The team overall is bottom tier.

Absolutely to the first sentence, disagree on the second. We may not have all-pros everywhere on the defensive side, but there is enough talent to ensure a competent defensive coordinator would be able to piece together a workable defense week in and week out. Sutton just.....I don't know what Sutton does or thinks. All I know is that it doesn't work against the upper echelon teams.

Best22
12-14-2018, 12:49 AM
This is a 7-9, 9-7 team without Mahomes

Consider this: Brees has NEVER made the playoffs with a bottom 5 defense

Mahomes just did. There are countless teams that have top offenses and horrible defenses (2001-04 Chiefs, 2010-2012 Chargers/Cowboys) that go 8-8 and miss the playoffs

Amazing

RickObie
12-14-2018, 12:51 AM
If we win out and that’s certainly a possibility then we get home field. Honestly it all depends on who we play - we match up well with NE and Pittsburgh - but teams that run the ball and play good D we don’t. It really depends on who we play. This team should be focused on firing Sutton, which I said 2 years ago, getting a new DC and drafting defensive players and making a Super Bowl run next year and for years to come.

lcarus
12-14-2018, 12:52 AM
This is a 7-9, 9-7 team without Mahomes

Consider this: Brees has NEVER made the playoffs with a bottom 5 defense

Mahomes just did. There are countless teams that have top offenses and horrible defenses (2001-04 Chiefs, 2010-2012 Chargers/Cowboys) that go 8-8 and miss the playoffs

Amazing

It's true. We need to take advantage while we still have Mahomes on his rookie deal and shape this shit defense up this offseason the best we can. Just somehow get it to perform as a middle of the pack defense and we'll be in great shape. Shame they're so bad this year. They have the ability to play ok early in games but in the 2nd half they fold like a cheap tent.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-14-2018, 12:55 AM
The more I’ve watched this team the more I’ve come to terms that they aren’t a Super Bowl contender. The defense is just too bad. If it were just average then I’d be more optimistic. But I’ve accepted it already, you should too. This team is more likely to go one and done. Again

Best22
12-14-2018, 12:58 AM
The more I’ve watched this team the more I’ve come to terms that they aren’t a Super Bowl contender. The defense is just too bad. If it were just average then I’d be more optimistic. But I’ve accepted it already, you should too. This team is more likely to go one and done. Again

We could easily win a playoff game. Maybe 2. We can beat anybody anywhere (New Orleans would be tough)

But it’s unlikely we’ll win the AFC.

jaa1025
12-14-2018, 01:02 AM
I didn't expect they would win this game after Sunday's overtime slugfest with Baltimore. I hoped they would and they had the game in hand, but Reid being Reid and Sutton being Sutton blew another big lead with their conservatism.

I do expect Sutton to retire next year and the defense fixed. This defense has the talent to be one top 15 to 10 in the NFL if they were properly coached and in a better scheme.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-14-2018, 01:04 AM
We could easily win a playoff game. Maybe 2. We can beat anybody anywhere (New Orleans would be tough)

But it’s unlikely we’ll win the AFC.

It could happen. Hell the Eagles won with Nick freaking Foles last year. But even they had a game in the playoffs that their D had to step up and they did.

Maybe Berry can be that push they need. They played way better with him in there. Horrible job of the coaching staff by their mismanagement of his snaps.

kjwood75nro
12-14-2018, 02:05 AM
My expectation is that now that we have to likely win out, instead of cruising on backups while letting the starters rest...

Get Mahomes that record. Fuck it. Go all out. Let him call the plays. He's good for it.

bevischief
12-14-2018, 02:11 AM
Sutton retirement yet?