PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs With Eric Berry in the game in the 2nd half do we still lose?

DTVietnam
12-14-2018, 10:06 PM
I cant embed tweets..someone help a newb out but why does our team looked so confused and a guy who hasnt played in 2 years need to tell them what the f*** they are doing

https://twitter.com/nate_bukaty/status/1073572915659051008

petegz28
12-14-2018, 10:10 PM
I am sure the defense performs better if he is in. I am a little bent on Berry at the moment after hearing his comments. I don't know who made the decision to keep him out of the 2nd half completely but whomever it was can kiss the fattest part of my ass. Even if it was Berry. Fucker is being paid millions of $'s to play and after hearing the whole " I could have played weeks ago but my spirit wasn't right" stuff I am not real thrilled with him at the moment.

DaFace
12-14-2018, 10:11 PM
If he plays, and he plays like he did in the first half, I certainly think the game goes differently.

petegz28
12-14-2018, 10:11 PM
Also, 13 games into the season if a player who hasn't played since game 1 of last season has to be on the field to get your defense in line then you suck royal ass as a DC.

New World Order
12-14-2018, 10:12 PM
No

DaFace
12-14-2018, 10:14 PM
Also, 13 games into the season if a player who hasn't played since game 1 of last season has to be on the field to get your defense in line then you suck royal ass as a DC.

https://media.giphy.com/media/VpN0ktVlMufU4/giphy.gif

threebag
12-14-2018, 10:15 PM
Maybe just play EB Red Zone only

GloryDayz
12-14-2018, 10:20 PM
I think it's foolish to think we don't win had be played the last two Chargers O series, even just the 2nd series.

I'm trying my best to not get back to "motivation" mode, but I may have to.

Sofa King
12-14-2018, 10:25 PM
I saw that live. Not surprised they have no goddamn idea what they're doing.

petegz28
12-14-2018, 10:26 PM
I think it's foolish to think we don't win had be played the last two Chargers O series, even just the 2nd series.

I'm trying my best to not get back to "motivation" mode, but I may have to.

"That's between me and the coaches" Berry said. I take that as either he said he didn't wanna play even though he said he could or, most likely, he is covering for the coaches who didn't put him in.

gold_and_red
12-14-2018, 10:27 PM
Berry not only intercepts the 2 point conversion but takes it the other way, final score 30-27 :).

petegz28
12-14-2018, 10:28 PM
I saw that live. Not surprised they have no goddamn idea what they're doing.

As a DC, 13 games in how are you still running plays or running out players who don't know WTF to do?

That is an indictment on our DC, period. You can't tell me 13 games in that guys don't know what to do and it's on them and not the coach.

threebag
12-14-2018, 10:38 PM
Big Nasty KC Nut and Titty Meat could convert a two point conversion against these clowns

petegz28
12-14-2018, 10:44 PM
When they went for 2 I thought, well fuck we can win this after all and to see a guy run wide the fuck open was just so Bob Sutton. We've seen this shit for 5 seasons. You can blame the players and rightfully so. But JFC Sutton owns some of the biggest defensive fuck ups in the history of football.

gold_and_red
12-14-2018, 10:47 PM
When they went for 2 I thought, well **** we can win this after all and to see a guy run wide the **** open was just so Bob Sutton. We've seen this shit for 5 seasons. You can blame the players and rightfully so. But JFC Sutton owns some of the biggest defensive **** ups in the history of football.

I bet Rivers was thinking exactly the same after the last two TD drives. Chiefs were paralyzed at that point, didn't use that timeout and were thinking who gets beat for the conversion.

ThaVirus
12-14-2018, 10:48 PM
That is hilarious. It's week 15 and these assholes still don't know what their assignment is or where to even line up.

Not only are our DBs small, slow and weak- they're also fucking stupid. Great.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-14-2018, 10:49 PM
If he plays, and he plays like he did in the first half, I certainly think the game goes differently.

Yep, we would be 12-2

GloryDayz
12-14-2018, 10:55 PM
"That's between me and the coaches" Berry said. I take that as either he said he didn't wanna play even though he said he could or, most likely, he is covering for the coaches who didn't put him in.

Who knows, either way the cocktail we witnessed them making lost the game for us. Fuck them all.

DTVietnam
12-14-2018, 10:56 PM
so was there an official word as to why Berry didnt play the 2nd half .. was he feelign hurt or it was just "the gameplan". . were there any setbacks..will he suit up next week?

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-14-2018, 10:57 PM
so was there an official word as to why Berry didnt play the 2nd half .. was he feelign hurt or it was just "the gameplan". . were there any setbacks..will he suit up next week?

He was told only playing a half.

GloryDayz
12-14-2018, 10:58 PM
I would have gone for 2 too. The only group with less confidence in the D than the fans, the O, and the coaches, were the players.

I expect the Seahags to go for their jugular in the first, then remind their players that the Chiefs "struggle" in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

petegz28
12-14-2018, 11:01 PM
He was told only playing a half.

They had a plan and they stuck to it. That's what Berry said.

Bump
12-14-2018, 11:13 PM

there was an article I read on ESPN, they said that was their plan to only play the first half and they stuck with it.

njchiefs
12-15-2018, 07:44 AM
there was an article I read on ESPN, they said that was their plan to only play the first half and they stuck with it.

That is so insanely stupid. This is not f***ing soccer where if you pull a player you can’t bring him back in. When they saw it going down the tubes in the last 5 minutes they couldn’t bring the legend and motivator back in because they had a “plan”?????

rabblerouser
12-15-2018, 07:52 AM
That is so insanely stupid. This is not f***ing soccer where if you pull a player you can’t bring him back in. When they saw it going down the tubes in the last 5 minutes they couldn’t bring the legend and motivator back in because they had a “plan”?????

I would've put him back in just to make sure the secondary knew where to line up and what coverage to run.

Sure would've helped. Especially on the 2pt convo.

FloridaMan88
12-15-2018, 07:55 AM
That is hilarious. It's week 15 and these assholes still don't know what their assignment is or where to even line up.

Not only are our DBs small, slow and weak- they're also ****ing stupid. Great.

That shit is pathetic and has to be on coaching or the lack thereof.

Bob Sutton, Emmitt Thomas, and Al Harris = Epic Failure.

GloryDayz
12-15-2018, 08:02 AM
I would've put him back in just to make sure the secondary knew where to line up and what coverage to run.

Sure would've helped. Especially on the 2pt convo.I'm sure that's being addressed too. But, oddly, they'll need some sideline tape to review one of this week's problems.

What a fucked up deal they willingly allowed to happen there. And it probably cost us the game. But we'll really never know the truth, now can we know if it really cost us the game.

That being said, if we could get George to wear a horse outfit, that might influence Berry to spend less time on the sideline.

Sent from my 9+ using Tapatalk

SAUTO
12-15-2018, 09:10 AM
No

cabletech94
12-15-2018, 09:11 AM
i have no doubt in my mind that if ray lewis was on this team, bob sutton would have turned up dead at some point in the last few years.

Brooklyn
12-15-2018, 09:19 AM
If a starting pitcher goes 4 innings, then sIts through a 30 minute rain delay, do you put him back out there to toss the next few innings? First half only plan was all about body chemistry IMO. Not only did berry get warm and loose in pre-game, I’m sure he had some adrenaline pumping as well. All those positive effects were burned through during the halftime break. It sucks, but it was a wise choice.

Especially when you consider how the game appeared to be playing out at halftime. It didn’t look in doubt or really for a long stretch after. Just till the last 5, which at that point it would be really dumb to bring him in cold. I saw people saying you put him in for the last play. Epically stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flying High D
12-15-2018, 09:24 AM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25530810/eric-berry-kansas-city-chiefs-sits-second-half-chargers

Pathetic as hell. We need some ass kicking warriors on a this team.

kcpasco
12-15-2018, 09:24 AM
EB doesn’t prevent Williams being wide open. That’s on Fuller and Scandrick.

rabblerouser
12-15-2018, 09:28 AM
EB doesn’t prevent Williams being wide open. That’s on Fuller and Scandrick.

Apparently, Berry DOES remind players of coverages, asignments, where to line up presnap, etc.

So, he very well could've.

chiefzilla1501
12-15-2018, 09:33 AM
I am sure the defense performs better if he is in. I am a little bent on Berry at the moment after hearing his comments. I don't know who made the decision to keep him out of the 2nd half completely but whomever it was can kiss the fattest part of my ass. Even if it was Berry. ****er is being paid millions of $'s to play and after hearing the whole " I could have played weeks ago but my spirit wasn't right" stuff I am not real thrilled with him at the moment.

I don't think the pitch count was a concern for him getting tired. With his injury history, overwork is a risk to the ACL. I would rather his minutes were managed better. I don't think he had a choice but to sit that one out.

Hoover
12-15-2018, 09:42 AM
Agree.

Does the Defense not watch film? Maybe Berry needs to be doing in depth film sessions with the DBs.

RunKC
12-15-2018, 09:46 AM
I am sure the defense performs better if he is in. I am a little bent on Berry at the moment after hearing his comments. I don't know who made the decision to keep him out of the 2nd half completely but whomever it was can kiss the fattest part of my ass. Even if it was Berry. ****er is being paid millions of $'s to play and after hearing the whole " I could have played weeks ago but my spirit wasn't right" stuff I am not real thrilled with him at the moment.

Berry hasn’t played in a game in 15 months. You think it’s smart to roll him out there for 4 quarters in his first game back?

Berry bad heel pain last season all of camp and ended up tearing his Achilles in the 2nd half of the first game after barely getting any real game action all of preseason.

You think that wasn’t a factor in their plan?

LoneWolf
12-15-2018, 09:47 AM
after hearing the whole " I could have played weeks ago but my spirit wasn't right" stuff I am not real thrilled with him at the moment.

That isn’t what Berry said at all.

Hoover
12-15-2018, 10:00 AM
Berry hasn’t played in a game in 15 months. You think it’s smart to roll him out there for 4 quarters in his first game back?

Berry bad heel pain last season all of camp and ended up tearing his Achilles in the 2nd half of the first game after barely getting any real game action all of preseason.

You think that wasn’t a factor in their plan?
Yup. And that wasn't a "must win" game for us. The plan was always to work him back up to being a full time player. Chiefs are still in the best position to win the AFC West (I'm telling ya, Chargers lose to the Ravens next Saturday), and get a bye.

oldman
12-15-2018, 10:07 AM
I'm still cranky about the snap count, but if we would have held him until the 2nd half, Rivers probably would have just carved us up in the 1st half.

GloryDayz
12-15-2018, 10:09 AM
I still want George to wear a horse outfit to see if it changes the pitch count... LMAO

Imon Yourside
12-15-2018, 10:11 AM
i have no doubt in my mind that if ray lewis was on this team, bob sutton would have turned up dead at some point in the last few years.

Bring him in for a look?

srvy
12-15-2018, 10:48 AM
Im pretty much trying to figure out what EB did in the first half that leads most here to believe he would have made the difference in the 2nd half? He looked to me a bit slow and indecisive and got beat twice I believe by the TE. EB is still very rusty and not in football shape barring pure luck he wasn't a difference maker this night. This is just the start of a process that could payoff come playoffs.

Frazod
12-15-2018, 11:01 AM
Im pretty much trying to figure out what EB did in the first half that leads most here to believe he would have made the difference in the 2nd half? He looked to me a bit slow and indecisive and got beat twice I believe by the TE. EB is still very rusty and not in football shape barring pure luck he wasn't a difference maker this night. This is just the start of a process that could payoff come playoffs.

He was clearly directing the defense while he was in. After he was out, they were completely lost and helpless. That coupled with the short week after the beating they took from the Ravens doomed us.

I think if this game is played tomorrow instead of Thursday, they probably hold on and win.

wheeler08
12-15-2018, 11:12 AM
When they went for 2 I thought, well fuck we can win this after all and to see a guy run wide the fuck open was just so Bob Sutton. We've seen this shit for 5 seasons. You can blame the players and rightfully so. But JFC Sutton owns some of the biggest defensive fuck ups in the history of football.

I honestly thought before the play that we would stop them on the 2 point but get a flag for DPI and then they would walk it in on the next play. I had 0 confidence

Mecca
12-15-2018, 11:14 AM
When Berry hasn't played in 2 years and he was basically throwing a temper tantrum at a dude to get him to listen before a play....most of these guys should just be released.

srvy
12-15-2018, 11:14 AM
Our corners cannot run and stay with their receivers without holding and we had no Answer for Williams he just outmuscles and jumps us not to mention their best TE out still.
All the directing and calling the defense wont makeup for lack of talent beside that should be coached and made understood by now.

Is it possible that they saw Berry struggling in the first half and realized he still isn't ready pulled him and are protecting him with the play count story. Just seems to me there are better ways to manage play count than letting him go all out a half then pull. If they believe he was better than what we have right now wouldn't you pick his plays in key moments and spread them out?

Mecca
12-15-2018, 11:16 AM
Veach really shit the bed in the offseason eh?

Sure-Oz
12-15-2018, 11:18 AM

Not only are our DBs small, slow and weak- they're also fucking stupid. Great.They'll also not be starters next season after we draft 5 db's

Sure-Oz
12-15-2018, 11:19 AM
When Berry hasn't played in 2 years and he was basically throwing a temper tantrum at a dude to get him to listen before a play....most of these guys should just be released.Yeah they are mostly scrap heap players

Mecca
12-15-2018, 11:21 AM
They'll also not be starters next season after we draft 5 db's

Yea, cause Bob Sutton has a history of doing that doesn't he?

That's why Jordan Lucas showed more than Parker, Sorenson or Murray and guess who is back to not playing now...

ThaVirus
12-15-2018, 11:23 AM
They'll also not be starters next season after we draft 5 db's

Scandrick, Nelson, Murray, Sorenson, Parker and Ragland are all replacement level players.

We can't realistically unload all of those guys in one offseason.

Mecca
12-15-2018, 11:25 AM
Scandrick, Nelson, Murray, Sorenson, Parker and Ragland are all replacement level players.

Well you could because you could replace them with no bodies who'd be no worse.

Of those guys the only one that is concerning is Sorensen cause he costs money to release. After that we get into the main issue that Hitchens is a scrub and an expensive one.

Chief Northman
12-15-2018, 11:37 AM

Sure you can.

Mecca
12-15-2018, 11:38 AM
I don't hold out hope though, Veach basically had a disaster offseason.

njchiefs
12-15-2018, 12:39 PM
Yup. And that wasn't a "must win" game for us. The plan was always to work him back up to being a full time player. Chiefs are still in the best position to win the AFC West (I'm telling ya, Chargers lose to the Ravens next Saturday), and get a bye.

Is next week a “must win” game? How many quarters do we get to see him play next week? If it had been the Super Bowl would we have seen him play the whole game even if if it were risking injury to him? Or would they have brought him back in? If so then his health only matters to the team when it suits their overall interest. Somehow this logic doesn’t make sense. He’s either ready to play or he’s not.

njchiefs
12-15-2018, 12:44 PM
And whose to say that letting him play one half as a “plan” is the ideal way to ease him in, in the most important game of the season thus far? How about asking the guy, how do you feel? Do you think you can go back in?

Flying High D
12-15-2018, 12:52 PM
And whose to say that letting him play one half as a “plan” is the ideal way to ease him in, in the most important game of the season thus far? How about asking the guy, how do you feel? Do you think you can go back in?

Wouldn’t it be cool to have a player throw his stocking cap on the ground and stomp it. Throw his helmet on and be yelling, “Abort the plan, Plan B is now being implemented.”

Kman34
12-15-2018, 01:01 PM
I swear I read Rivers lips before the 2pt conversion say “just run it.. it will work”..to Williams... I think it was the same play that they used to score the TD... Sad.. I think Berry would have stopped one of those plays...

Buckweath
12-15-2018, 01:06 PM
Earl Thomas would have helped so much.

I am not sure the decision not to trade for a safety at the trade deadline or sign one in the offseason was the right one.

NJChiefsFan
12-15-2018, 02:43 PM
I remember a specific play where Berry was screaming at 2 players to get in the right spot and they finally did. I don't know what the actual difference would have be but it certainly would not have hurt.

I don't focus on just one guy during the game but it sure seemed at first look like Berry made an impact in the first half.

Flying High D
12-15-2018, 02:58 PM
That isn’t what Berry said at all.

https://247sports.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/Article/Eric-Berry-limited-snaps-Chargers-126339488/

Basically he’s saying he was cruising around in his ‘81 AMC Spirit and wasn’t feeling it. So, he be like maybe next week maybe not.

Great Expectations
12-15-2018, 04:20 PM
If you are only playing one half, and you want to win the game why isn’t he playing the second half?

LoneWolf
12-15-2018, 06:15 PM
https://247sports.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/Article/Eric-Berry-limited-snaps-Chargers-126339488/

Basically he’s saying he was cruising around in his ‘81 AMC Spirit and wasn’t feeling it. So, he be like maybe next week maybe not.

Yeah, Pete said he was saying he’s been ready for several weeks and didn’t feel like playing. That isn’t what Berry said.

DaFace
12-15-2018, 06:17 PM
Yeah, Pete said he was saying he’s been ready for several weeks and didn’t feel like playing. That isn’t what Berry said.

"I felt like I probably could have come back last week but there was still that hesitation I guess or I didn’t feel it in my spirit, so just I said I’ll wait until this week."

Pete's exaggerating, but it is a little odd that Berry basically said that "he didn't feel it" last week. He's a weird dude, but it is what it is.

Flying High D
12-15-2018, 06:23 PM
I can understand that. Couple of times I didn’t have the spirit to be deployed. Lucky for me and the national defense of America that’s not an option. Sometimes you have to put on your big boy panties.

kccrow
12-15-2018, 08:30 PM
If only KC would have not traded up to take Breeland Speaks... We could be watching Jessie Bates at FS instead of Ron Puker. Could have had Mark Andrews with the pick given up to get there too and cut Demetrius Stonehands.

kccrow
12-15-2018, 08:31 PM

I doubt they release Murray, but there's more than a passing chance the rest walk this offseason.

NJChiefsFan
12-15-2018, 09:55 PM
Did the Chiefs ever say why they wanted him playing in the second half and not the first? Was it always set or did they decide at half time?

GloryDayz
12-15-2018, 09:56 PM
When Berry hasn't played in 2 years and he was basically throwing a temper tantrum at a dude to get him to listen before a play....most of these guys should just be released.

Bery was like this?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YuBeBjqKSGQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wallcrawler
12-16-2018, 12:16 AM
Biggest game of the year, biggest moment of the game, and Eric Berry is sitting on the fucking bench. Its inexcusable. If the Chiefs do end up as a wildcard team playing on the road, you need look no further than this decision to understand why.

Totally different defense with Berry on the field. Completely fucking clueless without.