PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs DJ turned down coach job w/KC, wants to resign

rabblerouser
12-15-2018, 09:25 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BFltCb29CXg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Whoever titled this video is an idiot...

TimeForWasp
12-15-2018, 09:37 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lA5UqUyFmT0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hoover
12-15-2018, 09:41 AM
At this point, I think I might just pull the trigger.

rabblerouser
12-15-2018, 09:46 AM
At this point, I think I might just pull the trigger.

Yuuuuuuup.

rabblerouser
12-15-2018, 09:46 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lA5UqUyFmT0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hello, FRANCIS.

gblowfish
12-15-2018, 09:49 AM
Nope. You guys have short memories. DJ got run over in the playoffs last year. Watch the second half of the Titans playoff game. DJ is a speed bump except for one good play where he got to Mariota on a blitz. And Triplett overturned that.

kcxiv
100 percent know he's not worse then what we have now. Even 50 percent of Old DJ is better then the trash we have now.

kcxiv
Nope. You guys have short memories. DJ got run over in the playoffs last year. Watch the second half of the Titans playoff game. DJ is a speed bump at best.

speed bump is still better then the Daytona Speedway! lol

DaFace
12-15-2018, 09:51 AM
100 percent know he's not worse then what we have now. Even 50 percent of Old DJ is better then the trash we have now.Nah. He's done.

Nirvana58
12-15-2018, 09:55 AM
Sign him today. Seriously. He is twice the player zombo is and better than Ragland. We need someone on defense who knows what the hell he is doing.

Hoover
12-15-2018, 09:55 AM
The reason I'd take a flyer is that he knows the defense and hasn't played a ton this year so he should be fresh. I get that he's old. I get that he faded last season. But for a short burst of time I think he can improve the position.

philfree
12-15-2018, 09:59 AM
Nope. You guys have short memories. DJ got run over in the playoffs last year. Watch the second half of the Titans playoff game. DJ is a speed bump except for one good play where he got to Mariota on a blitz. And Triplett overturned that.

I just remember him sacking the QB and causing a fumble. He made a great play.

Hoover
12-15-2018, 10:01 AM
Oh and it would be sweet for him to be on the team when we win the Super Bowl!

FAX
12-15-2018, 10:01 AM
Few things in life are guaranteed. But I guarantee you that DJ and Colon had set up that question about the Pats in advance.

DJ had his "quarterback of the defense" speech all warmed up and ready to go.

FAX

FAX
12-15-2018, 10:03 AM

Super slow to the flat, too.

Think about this, though, Mr. gblowfish ... we need some-damn-body on defense telling dudes where to line up and what to watch for. A statue with those skills might actually help this defense against the run.

FAX

oldman
12-15-2018, 10:04 AM
I'm a DJ fan, so I'd be all in on him coaching our ILBs since Mr. Lanier isn't interested.

FAX
12-15-2018, 10:07 AM
I'm a DJ fan, so I'd be all in on him coaching our ILBs since Mr. Lanier isn't interested.

DJ would be an asset just helping them with film study.

FAX

oldman
12-15-2018, 10:08 AM
Indeed.

Imon Yourside
12-15-2018, 10:09 AM
DJ needs to get his ass in here and coach the LB's, they need some serious Tutelage.

King_Chief_Fan
12-15-2018, 10:11 AM
Oh and it would be sweet for him to be on the team when we win the Super Bowl!

Will he live that long?.....will any of us?

rabblerouser
12-15-2018, 10:14 AM
The reason I'd take a flyer is that he knows the defense and hasn't played a ton this year so he should be fresh. I get that he's old. I get that he faded last season. But for a short burst of time I think he can improve the position.

This. X10000000

rabblerouser
12-15-2018, 10:14 AM
DJ needs to get his ass in here and coach the LB's, they need some serious Tutelage.

Kick the tires, show the ropes...

chiefzilla1501
12-15-2018, 10:15 AM
Super slow to the flat, too.

Think about this, though, Mr. gblowfish ... we need some-damn-body on defense telling dudes where to line up and what to watch for. A statue with those skills might actually help this defense against the run.

FAX

That's kind of how I feel. Won't be slower than Ragland. Even if he gets run over, Ragland can't tackle either. If he's causing the same problems Ragland did at the very least he can provide leadership out there. Worst case, we get lb depth and a guy who helps us scout a critical game vs Oakland.

rabblerouser
12-15-2018, 10:16 AM
Few things in life are guaranteed. But I guarantee you that DJ and Colon had set up that question about the Pats in advance.

DJ had his "quarterback of the defense" speech all warmed up and ready to go.

FAX

It's good stuff, too...

Why Not?
12-15-2018, 10:17 AM
In a heartbeat. Clearly the players on this defense don't listen to the coaches(and maybe they shouldn't)but do listen to vet leaders(see Berry, Eric). At the least DJ could help get these idiots in correct positions

old_geezer
12-15-2018, 10:17 AM
speed bump is still better then the Daytona Speedway! lol

This is actually a pretty good analogy. I would take him over Zombo in a heartbeat (and he can't be much worse than Ragman).

srvy
12-15-2018, 10:27 AM

Yep I remember.

DJ is done he is just to prideful to except that yet.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-15-2018, 10:28 AM
I'd sign him and let him backup the others until he's ready to coach. His presence alone would inspire the defense especially with Berry back.

kcxiv
12-15-2018, 10:36 AM
Nah. He's done.

he cannot be worse then the 2 we have right now. They make NO plays DJ while might be done, will make a play every now and again. Hitchens and Ragland make 0 plays.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-15-2018, 10:37 AM
It’s pretty clear that he’d just like the opportunity to go along for the ride. I’d sign him.

He can be a player, but primarily a coach for the starters. The entire defense obviously needs better coaching.

threebag
12-15-2018, 10:38 AM
Yeah he needs to be with us

pugsnotdrugs19
12-15-2018, 10:40 AM
The way I look at it, our secondary was clueless Thursday night. Berry was there to straighten them out.

Well, our ILBs have been lost all season. So maybe DJ is the guy they need to teach them how to play in this defense.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-15-2018, 10:43 AM
Also, Cowherd needs to find a way to kill himself as soon as he possibly can.

wheeler08
12-15-2018, 10:47 AM
I’d love to have DJ as a LB coach. But not a player

kcpasco
12-15-2018, 10:49 AM

Now you are jaded like me. This fucking franchise.

Imon Yourside
12-15-2018, 10:50 AM

LMAO

Pretty much this, not sure how but assisted suicide is a thing.

Easy 6
12-15-2018, 10:51 AM

Most definitely this

chinaski
12-15-2018, 10:51 AM
Sign him for the rest of the year, with the caveat that he is on the coaching staff next year. He would be a HUGE asset as a coach.

carcosa
12-15-2018, 11:05 AM
What position does he want to resign from?

wheeler08
12-15-2018, 11:15 AM
Sign him for the rest of the year, with the caveat that he is on the coaching staff next year. He would be a HUGE asset as a coach.

I’d be ok with this. I mean bringing back the glory days has kinda been our thing this year ( Parker, Zombo, and Sharknado). I think we might even sign Spiller this week and cut him. So why not bring back DJ

notorious
12-15-2018, 11:17 AM
Really dumb to turn down a coaching job under Reid. It’s like the golden stamp of approval in the NFL.

Besides, after Sutton dies in 7 years we will need a new defensive coordinator.

InChiefsHeaven
12-15-2018, 11:23 AM
If you can play Berry for a half after almost 2 seasons of not playing, you can find a way to use DJ. He literally can't be any worse, and he's a general on the field and an inspiration to the players. Get him and Berry out there together, and I bet this defense at the very least improves...which is what you want to see. He won't make them top 10, but we'd get a few more stops and that may very well be enough.

mnchiefsguy
12-15-2018, 11:29 AM
Can't be any worse than what we have, and since Bob won't simplify his dumb ass scheme, DJ could at least get players in the right position pre-snap.

BigRedChief
12-15-2018, 11:32 AM
Really dumb to turn down a coaching job under Reid. It’s like a the golden stamp of approval in the NFL.THIS! Like most here, I think he has a future in coaching. Despite him trying to play for the Raiders, I'll take him back as a coach.

Players always have a hard time knowing when its over. No one has picked up DJ for a reason. Lots of teams need ILB help, not just us. DJ is not even been worked out by teams. He needs to wake up to reality. He has pushed back as long as he can but, no one can stop ageing.

Buehler445
12-15-2018, 11:35 AM
Really dumb to turn down a coaching job under Reid. It’s like a the golden stamp of approval in the NFL.

Besides, after Sutton dies in 7 years we will need a new defensive coordinator.

ROFL

That’s funny. It would be funnier if it were actually outrageous.

Chiefshrink
12-15-2018, 11:54 AM
If you can play Berry for a half after almost 2 seasons of not playing, you can find a way to use DJ. He literally can't be any worse, and he's a general on the field and an inspiration to the players. Get him and Berry out there together, and I bet this defense at the very least improves...which is what you want to see. He won't make them top 10, but we'd get a few more stops and that may very well be enough.

Too much common sense here.:shrug:

TambaBerry
12-15-2018, 12:03 PM
Fire Sutton and make DJ the dcoordinator

T-post Tom
12-15-2018, 12:08 PM
WTF? Too flashy? Too much of a hotdog? Cowherd is too much is his own head sometimes.

InChiefsHeaven
12-15-2018, 12:09 PM
Too much common sense here.:shrug:

Seriously, with 8 minutes left and a 14 point lead, if you have Berry and DJ out there, they don't convert at least one of those 4th down plays, or they take even longer to score that first TD or something...

...we don't lose if those guys are on the field. Are they still world beaters? No. But damn people...

InChiefsHeaven
12-15-2018, 12:10 PM
WTF? Too flashy? Too much of a hotdog? Cowherd is too much is his own head sometimes.

Yeah, that guy's fucking idiot.

rabblerouser
12-15-2018, 12:13 PM
Fire Sutton and make DJ the dcoordinator

:hmmm:

Buehler445
12-15-2018, 12:15 PM
I honestly can’t believe anyone actually pays attention to sprits talk. It’s all a fucking joke.

T-post Tom
12-15-2018, 12:15 PM
DJ should be wearing a Chiefs shirt... (He'd play for anyone that paid him. Even if it was for one game vs. the Chiefs in the playoffs. Probably nothing wrong with that.)

kcxiv
12-15-2018, 12:37 PM
I honestly can’t believe anyone actually pays attention to sprits talk. It’s all a fucking joke.
Sports talk is a good time waster when im working out in the morning! It helps pass the time.

Jethopper
12-15-2018, 12:45 PM
Novarro Bowman too plz

DaKCMan AP
12-15-2018, 01:02 PM
DJ had a good career, but I disagree with Cowherd that he's a HOF guy.

Hoover
12-15-2018, 01:11 PM
So I'm a Cowherd fan but even I'm tired of his takes on Mahomes.

So last week he rips Mahomes for his no look passes. Says shit like, "I want my QB to look where he's throwing the ball." Then puts a lipstick ring on the hairy end of Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson because while there are not sexy players to watch, they are really good.

OK fine. Then Wilson and Luck go out and and have shit games where neither throws a TD, he says nothing. In fact, I heard on his show on Friday to wait and watch Wilson be the dark horse MVP candidate because of Mahomes "off game" where he played exactly like he wanted him to and threw 2 TDs and no picks.

I understand its his job to be provocative - I've been in a similar business too, but you can't be ignorant or stupid.

TribalElder
12-15-2018, 01:12 PM
DJ in for Sutton ROFL

Iconic
12-15-2018, 01:15 PM
DJ had a good career, but I disagree with Cowherd that he's a HOF guy.

Yeah I was actually shocked when he said that. I don't think DJ ever makes the HOF

lcarus
12-15-2018, 01:27 PM
I hope we sign him. Our defense is a dumpster fire. If it doesn't help things, so what?

Chris Meck
12-15-2018, 01:37 PM
He literally can't be worse.

rabblerouser
12-15-2018, 01:38 PM
Yep I remember.

You gotta be trolling with this.

Sannyasi
12-15-2018, 01:40 PM
Seriously, with 8 minutes left and a 14 point lead, if you have Berry and DJ out there, they don't convert at least one of those 4th down plays, or they take even longer to score that first TD or something...

...we don't lose if those guys are on the field. Are they still world beaters? No. But damn people...

What do you mean? We lost for years with those guys on the field. Andrew Luck and Marcus Mariota shoved the football up DJ's ass, and he was certainly better back then then he is now.

stevieray
12-15-2018, 01:41 PM
Really dumb to turn down a coaching job under Reid. It’s like the golden stamp of approval in the NFL.

Eh. maybe he said let me see if I can sign somewhere first...he alluded later in the interview that was the direction he was headed in....He knows Reid's tree,and said he was the best HC he ever had...

stevieray
12-15-2018, 01:42 PM
Marcus Mariota shoved the football up DJ's ass,

Thanks for your insight,, Jeff Tripplett.

oldman
12-15-2018, 01:50 PM

ROFL

At least they stayed down when DJ hit them. Can't say that for Ragland or Hitchens much.

Sannyasi
12-15-2018, 01:55 PM

A 70 year old man thinks we need a 40 year old player to come back and save the team. No thanks.

HemiEd
12-15-2018, 02:15 PM
It's ironic this would come up now as I laid awake Thursday night thinking of the difference DJ might have made in that game.
He was drafted the same year as Aaron Rodgers.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
12-15-2018, 02:31 PM
Make DJ the DC or make Berry a player coach. Sutton is terrible

dj56dt58
12-15-2018, 02:37 PM

That's one more good play than we've had from that position all year

BWillie
12-15-2018, 02:43 PM
I’d love to have DJ as a LB coach. But not a player

You do realize we play Reggie Ragland and Anthony Hitchens?

alpha_omega
12-15-2018, 05:02 PM
No. That chapter is finished.

Easy 6
12-15-2018, 05:09 PM
No. That chapter is finished.

Hate to disagree with ya, but feel I must here

To be honest, its really starting to piss me off that Veach hasnt moved on him yet

Hoover made some very good points earlier... he is fresh due to playing little this year, he'd be excellent on field leadership (ie; getting these fucknuts lined up properly and berating poor effort) and for just these last two regular season games + playoffs, he'd hold up just fine for a short stretch like that

There is simply no convincing me that he wouldnt be a net plus, hell just getting Ragland off the field whenever possible would be a massive win

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
12-15-2018, 05:09 PM
Cowherd saying DJ will be a HOF. Nope.

DaFace
12-15-2018, 05:39 PM

Chiefs ring of fame? Sure. HOF? Nah.

oldman
12-15-2018, 05:43 PM

Shut your whore mouth!!! All-Pro, 3x Pro Bowl, Chiefs all time leading tackler makes a pretty strong case in my book.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
12-15-2018, 05:43 PM
Chiefs ring of fame? Sure. HOF? Nah.

Agreed!

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
12-15-2018, 05:44 PM
Shut your whore mouth!!! All-Pro, 3x Pro Bowl, Chiefs all time leading tackler makes a pretty strong case in my book.

So JC is a HOF then?

stevieray
12-15-2018, 05:44 PM
A 70 year old man thinks we need a 40 year old player to come back and save the team. No thanks.

False Narrative.

Mahomes can't even do that.

But he'd damn sure be better on bitz packages.

Deberg_1990
12-15-2018, 05:45 PM
Is Donnie Edwards available?

DaKCMan AP
12-15-2018, 06:02 PM

ROFL 1x All-Pro, 4x Pro Bowl is not HOF worthy. Many ILBs ahead of him.. Urlacher, Lewis, Brooks, Kuechly, Bobby Wagner, Pat Willis, Zach Thomas. Even guys like Hardy Nickerson had more Pro Bowls and All Pro seasons.

bobbything
12-15-2018, 06:02 PM
Yep I remember.

Except that what?

Chiefshrink
12-15-2018, 06:21 PM

So last week he rips Mahomes for his no look passes. Says shit like, "I want my QB to look where he's throwing the ball." Then puts a lipstick ring on the hairy end of Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson because while there are not sexy players to watch, they are really good.

OK fine. Then Wilson and Luck go out and and have shit games where neither throws a TD, he says nothing. In fact, I heard on his show on Friday to wait and watch Wilson be the dark horse MVP candidate because of Mahomes "off game" where he played exactly like he wanted him to and threw 2 TDs and no picks.

I understand its his job to be provocative - I've been in a similar business too, but you can't be ignorant or stupid.

:clap:

Cowherd is one of those guys if someone plays too well for an extended period and gets too popular for an extended period especially if he feels they have not earned their stripes then it is time to dismantle the person's play/person if need be.

Mahomes is the Steph Curry of the NFL:D

dlphg9
12-16-2018, 01:53 AM
At least he will make an effort to fill a fucking hole and meet the running back within a yard of the L.O.S. Hitchens is the king of junk tackles 6 yards down field. It won't happen though be ause Veach is a dipshit and the ILBs we have now are his hand picked guys.

T-post Tom
12-16-2018, 02:01 AM

He's from Seattle and freely admits to being a Colts fan. As his career has ascended...his ego has exceeded it X 1000. He'll be all over Mahomes jock when the Chiefs win the SB. :)

Titty Meat
12-16-2018, 03:39 AM
Dj had some whiffs in that playoff game but far from the problem. When Jones went out it was over. His side mate Piere Louis overran plays consistently. I would take DJ in a 1 game game setting even though physically he isnt close to what he was he atleast knew where to line up which sadly is an improvement.

Chargem
12-16-2018, 05:17 AM
The way the ILBs are playing, sure DJ is probably an improvement over Hitchens or Ragland (assuming he hasn't got any worse than last year). But if they were to sign him, who does he actually take snaps from? Probably O'Daniel, who he's probably not an improvement over considering how fast O'Daniel is and how much DJ has slowed down.

Easy 6
12-16-2018, 10:50 AM
At least he will make an effort to fill a fucking hole and meet the running back within a yard of the L.O.S. Hitchens is the king of junk tackles 6 yards down field. It won't happen though be ause Veach is a dipshit and the ILBs we have now are his hand picked guys.

Yep, I fear that Veach has fallen into the typical GM trap of not wanting to admit a mistake with his handpicked guys, stubbornly refusing to make a change in the face of strong evidence that he should

Chief Northman
12-16-2018, 10:59 AM
If there is even a remote possibility of DJ getting picked up, you likely move him to SILB in Base for Ragland. Reggie whiffs too often and reads too slow. He is best when allowed to blitz.
It often looks like Hitchens has to overcompensate for missed gap responsibilities. He’s been inconsistent as hell, but so has that whole front 7 in run defend.

I think a DJ acquisition is a bit of a desperation move that admits failure on the part of Veach and Sutton. This Organization cannot identify defensive talent worth a ****.

Iconic
12-16-2018, 11:02 AM
The way the ILBs are playing, sure DJ is probably an improvement over Hitchens or Ragland (assuming he hasn't got any worse than last year). But if they were to sign him, who does he actually take snaps from? Probably O'Daniel, who he's probably not an improvement over considering how fast O'Daniel is and how much DJ has slowed down.

He'd take all of Raglands snaps I'd assume and if he played good a part of Hitchens.

Iconic
12-16-2018, 11:04 AM
Yep, I fear that Veach has fallen into the typical GM trap of not wanting to admit a mistake with his handpicked guys, stubbornly refusing to make a change in the face of strong evidence that he should

Tanoh was inactive Thursday. Think about that. That has nothing to do with what he showed on the field and everything to do with who picked him.

Absolutely nuts man.

DaFace
12-16-2018, 11:08 AM
Tanoh was inactive Thursday. Think about that. That has nothing to do with what he showed on the field and everything to do with who picked him.

Absolutely nuts man.Apparently I've missed all these fantastic plays he's made. I'm pretty convinced he's JAG at this point.

Chief Northman
12-16-2018, 11:09 AM

Absolutely nuts man.

Tanoh has not done anything to merit playing time.

Div II athletic freak. SPARQ star.
The lack of competition and his raw technique should have been enough to scare teams off - especially considering where he was drafted.
Dorsey approached a lot of his picks from the “smartest guy in the room” mentality. Tape doesn’t lie, and consensus scouting is usually more right than wrong. Ego pick.

Easy 6
12-16-2018, 11:12 AM

Absolutely nuts man.

The whole thing with Kpass is totally weird, yeah we get that he is still quite raw, but we've also watched him get to the QB for a sack or pressure a number of times with the few opportunities he was given

You look at situations like Kpass or Lucas and just shake your head in disbelief... we need some kinda shakeup SO bad this offseason

gold_and_red
12-16-2018, 11:17 AM
The whole thing with Kpass is totally weird, yeah we get that he is still quite raw, but we've also watched him get to the QB for a sack or pressure a number of times with the few opportunities he was given

You look at situations like Kpass or Lucas and just shake your head in disbelief... we need some kinda shakeup SO bad this offseason

I think Reid is totally focused on the offensive side of the ball. He is just awestruck at the possibilities with Mahomes. Sutton runs the entire show on defense unchecked and is finally being exposed.

kcpasco
12-16-2018, 11:19 AM
Maybe Bob should dumb it down and draw pictures in crayon of which receivers his DB’s should cover.

Iconic
12-16-2018, 11:21 AM
Apparently I've missed all these fantastic plays he's made. I'm pretty convinced he's JAG at this point.

There is nothing to warrant why Kpass got less snaps than Speaks to start the year. They were both raw, Kpass was actually BETTER when it came to pressuring the QB just based off his intangibles.

Nice excerpt from PFF on how this looked to start the year:
According to PFF, 16 of Kpassagnon’s snaps came on pass-rushing downs. During those snaps Kpassagnon recorded a QB hit and a QB hurry. For Speaks, he’s been in for 22 pass rushing snaps and only recorded a single QB hurry.

Easy 6
12-16-2018, 11:22 AM
I think Reid is totally focused on the offensive side of the ball. He is just awestruck at the possibilities with Mahomes. Sutton runs the entire show on defense unchecked and is finally being exposed.

If we dont get a new DC this year, I dont even wanna think about it...

kcpasco
12-16-2018, 11:23 AM
Orlando fucking Scandrick is gonna cost a playoff run. FU Bob and Veach.

mlyonsd
Maybe Bob should dumb it down and draw pictures in crayon of which receivers his DB’s should cover.

Wristbands with the WR's picture on them.

Iconic
Tanoh has not done anything to merit playing time.

Div II athletic freak. SPARQ star.
The lack of competition and his raw technique should have been enough to scare teams off - especially considering where he was drafted.
Dorsey approached a lot of his picks from the “smartest guy in the room” mentality. Tape doesn’t lie, and consensus scouting is usually more right than wrong. Ego pick.

... and exactly what did Speaks do to warrant his playing time?

At the start the year when they both got limited snaps, Kpass was actually MORE efficient. The only real difference between the two is the guy that picked them... and the fact that Kpass is about 10x more athletically gifted.

AssEaterChief
12-16-2018, 03:26 PM
Poor bastard has really convinced himself he can still play this game

threebag
12-16-2018, 04:53 PM
Bring DJ back home Veach. Something has to change somewhere.

Easy 6
12-16-2018, 04:56 PM
Bring DJ back home Veach. Something has to change somewhere.

If it was going to happen, it already would've happened

Veach is making a classic GM mistake, his ego has overrode his brain

chiefzilla1501
12-16-2018, 04:56 PM
... and exactly what did Speaks do to warrant his playing time?

At the start the year when they both got limited snaps, Kpass was actually MORE efficient. The only real difference between the two is the guy that picked them... and the fact that Kpass is about 10x more athletically gifted.

I still think speaks was brought here to run a future defense. That veach picked this year as a transition year and plans to run a new scheme next year. I hope like hell he doesn't want Bob running it. But I wouldn't be surprised if Speaks played a very different role next year.

ct
12-16-2018, 05:29 PM
I still think speaks was brought here to run a future defense. That veach picked this year as a transition year and plans to run a new scheme next year. I hope like hell he doesn't want Bob running it. But I wouldn't be surprised if Speaks played a very different role next year.

this is indeed the dream right here

dlphg9
12-17-2018, 02:42 AM

Veach is making a classic GM mistake, his ego has overrode his brain

Id take DJ over any our ILBs. I'm convinced Veach has a huge ego. Idk why he would though especially in regards to the defense. Not one thing he has done on D has worked out at all.

New World Order
12-17-2018, 02:45 AM
Id take DJ over any our ILBs. I'm convinced Veach has a huge ego. Idk why he would though especially in regards to the defense. Not one thing he has done on D has worked out at all.

Judging from the Ragland and Hitchens trade/signing I have little confidence Veach will be able to solve our defensive problems.

Those were his guys and he seems to refuse to even look at any alternative.

dlphg9
12-17-2018, 04:16 AM
Judging from the Ragland and Hitchens trade/signing I have little confidence Veach will be able to solve our defensive problems.

I don't understand why it's so damn hard for GMs or coaches to admit they made mistakes. Always sending out the same trash vets that continually suck. Can never try out the younger guys who are hungry for their shot and might actually prove to be good. I always wonder how many really good players never got a shot because some egomaniac coach or GM never let them play because they had a gritty vet that they hand picked. It's always so frustrating because teams could just go ahead and give a young guy a shot and save some money.

BigRedChief
12-17-2018, 08:11 AM

Veach is making a classic GM mistake, his ego has overrode his brainWhat about the other 31 teams? Are they all having ego issues? Brain farts?

tyton75
12-17-2018, 08:18 AM
His mind is worth more than his body at this point. He could get everyone lined up properly on the field and at least hold onto someones foot until someone tackles.

rabblerouser
12-17-2018, 08:18 AM
What about the other 31 teams? Are they all having ego issues? Brain farts?

I don't think many posters here watch other NFL games.

They'd have a heart attack when they see LBs in coverage all over the league...

BigRedChief
12-17-2018, 08:24 AM
I don't think many posters here watch other NFL games.
Why do you have to watch other teams games? Everyone should know there are 31 other teams in the NFL. If not, they should be aware there are many other teams. Ones with awful defenses. They can get him for the vet minimum.

If the Chiefs are being dumbass's, Why are these other teams that need help on defense as bad as we do not picking up DJ?

Chris Meck
12-17-2018, 08:47 AM

Ragland was a reclamation project, low risk/high reward for a former 1st round pick. I have zero problems with this type of signing; there's a reason why guys were first round picks, and there's also a reason why they're on the scrap heap. Sometimes you might get a serviceable player. Cam Erving, same thing.

Hitchens looked like an ascending player in Dallas. He's looked 'meh' here. I think we can all agree that at the very least, Sutton is PART of the problem, right?

As for Veach refusing to look at any alternative-I don't have idea what you mean by that. He's constantly made moves last year and this to find any possible diamond in the rough. Just a couple weeks ago, Kelvin Benjamin- another first round talent that hadn't panned out. Does that mean he's a bum, or just not in a good situation? We'll see. Reportedly had a deal in place for Earl Thomas. I don't think you can say Veach is just sitting on his hands.

oldman
12-17-2018, 10:27 AM
I agree, Chris. I don't think you can expect a GM to hit a home run every time. Even if you do get a blue chipper, you can't force the coaches to coach or play him.
That said, I'll take a 70% DJ over what we have now.

Chief Northman
12-17-2018, 10:44 AM
When do we hear of Barry Church's waiver wire claim? Tomorrow?

old_geezer
12-17-2018, 11:03 AM
Why do you have to watch other teams games? Everyone should know there are 31 other teams in the NFL. If not, they should be aware there are many other teams. Ones with awful defenses. They can get him for the vet minimum.

If the Chiefs are being dumbass's, Why are these other teams that need help on defense as bad as we do not picking up DJ?

To be honest the only teams that would have even the slightest interest in DJ at this time are teams with an immediate, short term need at ILB.(Chiefs would fit in that description IMO)

oldman
12-17-2018, 11:52 AM
To be honest the only teams that would have even the slightest interest in DJ at this time are teams with an immediate, short term need at ILB.(Chiefs would fit in that description IMO)

Nailed it.

KChiefs1
12-17-2018, 08:17 PM

Cowherd is a National Keitzman.

He loves Mahomes one week & then hates on him the next.

rabblerouser
12-21-2018, 03:03 AM
This is actually a pretty good analogy. I would take him over Zombo in a heartbeat (and he can't be much worse than Ragman).

Well, Zombo plays OLB, but he was re-signed when Houston got hurt, so can lose him now (he does play decent ST though...)

The real question is :

Have they signed DJ and/or Barry Church yet?

SuperBowl4
12-21-2018, 03:17 AM
His mind is worth more than his body at this point. He could get everyone lined up properly on the field and at least hold onto someones foot until someone tackles.Fire Bob Sutton and replace him with DJ. It's the ONLY way BS gets a ring!