PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Last offensive series in loss to dolts

T-post Tom
12-17-2018, 02:14 AM
Finally found the nerve to go back and look at that last series of downs from the Chiefs' offense. Has anyone figured out what the hell was going on there? Bad enough the block in the back on the KO sent the LOS back to the 11. But then...

The first hand-off to Williams for a loss looked like a badly choreographed children's dance recital. Looked like the RG total whiffed on his guy and ran downfield like it was going to be a screen. RT tried to compensate, but it was too late and the play was blown up for a loss. The hand-off itself looked awkward as ass.

Next play was a quick short pass to Hill for about 5 yards. Not bad. That should have been the 1st down play.

3rd & 8 goes to 3rd & 13 because 84 flinched. Then the dolts rush 3 and get an almost immediate sack. WTF? Offense had them outnumbered and got their shit pushed in.

PUNT.

A few first downs and/or a score of any kind most likely wins the game. Yeah our defense lost the game, but how is our offense this shitty on such a CRUCIAL series of downs? From players to coaches, the lack of urgency on that series was just mind-boggling.

I shouldn't have watched that again. Thanks for indulging me. Crush the seahags!

New World Order
12-17-2018, 02:16 AM
Speaking of screens.

Why didn't we run 1 rb screen in the second half? Screens were the primary reason we were able to move the ball in the first.

T-post Tom
12-17-2018, 02:23 AM
Speaking of screens.

Why didn't we run 1 rb screen in the second half? Screens were the primary reason we were able to move the ball in the first.

Sometimes the play-calling seems to go away from what works. I always liked the philosophy of "keep doing it until they stop you". Screens included. I thought they could have looked for Kelce more in the 2nd half as well.

PunkinDrublic
12-17-2018, 02:35 AM
It drives me insane. There’s moments in games where we have a chance to put our opponents away and our offense goes vanilla for no reason and causes a 3 and out. The dolts D isn’t anything special, we should have easily iced the game.

T-post Tom
12-17-2018, 02:50 AM
It drives me insane. There’s moments in games where we have a chance to put our opponents away and our offense goes vanilla for no reason and causes a 3 and out. The dolts D isn’t anything special, we should have easily iced the game.

Hope Andy remembers this loss every gameday. Hope he remembers that last offensive series in contrast to the dolts' decision to go for 2. And I hope we never see a repeat of that vanilla shart again. To be prepared is half the victory.

Hoover
12-17-2018, 03:21 AM
Reid's offense always goes to shit when he attempts to milk the clock. With Mahomes I'd just keep my foot on the peddle.

Three7s
12-17-2018, 05:56 AM
Actually, I wasn't mad about the run call on 1st down, I was mad about the type of run call.

TEX
12-17-2018, 06:12 AM
Reid's offense always goes to shit when he attempts to milk the clock. With Mahomes I'd just keep my foot on the peddle.

Should be the plan...

farmerchief
12-17-2018, 06:30 AM
Actually, I wasn't mad about the run call on 1st down, I was mad about the type of run call. I agree, as it seems as if all the "how to beat the Chargers" info I had read online all week, was to run the ball up the middle against them as they had fast linebackers that could cover sideline to sideline, but were not real big. Plus, it seemed we had done that earlier in the game and had success up the middle. Then, when we needed to run up the middle, we try and run wide? Fooled me, but not the chargers!:(

farmerchief
12-17-2018, 06:34 AM
Hope Andy remembers this loss every gameday. Hope he remembers that last offensive series in contrast to the dolts' decision to go for 2. And I hope we never see a repeat of that vanilla shart again. To be prepared is half the victory. Problem is NOBODY is there to call Andy out on these playcalls. Andy always tells the press he accepts the blame, need to do better, blah, blah, blah. but he forgets what he says as soon as he leaves the podium and heads for supper.

GloryDayz
12-17-2018, 06:35 AM
Hope Andy remembers this loss every gameday. Hope he remembers that last offensive series in contrast to the dolts' decision to go for 2. And I hope we never see a repeat of that vanilla shart again. To be prepared is half the victory.He won't remember shit.

Sent from my 9+ using Tapatalk

Why Not?
12-17-2018, 07:39 AM
Hope Andy remembers this loss every gameday. Hope he remembers that last offensive series in contrast to the dolts' decision to go for 2. And I hope we never see a repeat of that vanilla shart again. To be prepared is half the victory.

If so, it would be a first.

Aspengc8
12-17-2018, 09:18 AM
Andy hasn't figured out that its easier to milk the clock from under center. Running a zone read vs a 8 man box isn't gonna work in situations like that.

notorious
12-17-2018, 09:20 AM
Slamming a steel door on my balls is less painful.

Best22
12-17-2018, 09:25 AM
We have 2 backup right guards

Get healthy LDT and Erving!

ChiefBlueCFC
12-17-2018, 09:54 AM

Honestly, it's like Andy gets scared and becomes so obvious what he is going to do. If you go back to week 2 against the Steelers when we were on our own 1 and we ran it straight up the gut. Everyone in that stadium knew what was coming and the defense teed off and caused a safety. Same thing happened on that first play of the last series. Chiefs were gonna run it, everyone in the stadium knew it, the Chargers knew it and it showed.

RunKC
12-17-2018, 10:00 AM
I usually shit all over the fat man bc it’s warranted, but this was on Pat.

Pat had the option of holding it on first down instead of handing off. Idk why he did since there’s 8 defenders in the box.

Look at the screen up top. Conley and Kelce are blocking for Tyreek and there isn’t a 3rd defender in the clip, which looks to be 12 or so yards.

It was simple math. 3v2 with an incredibly fast receiver, even on one leg. Would have been at least a 7 yard gain.

Pat has to see that.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">THREAD:<br><br>The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> had several failures on the final possession of their Week 15 loss to the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chargers?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chargers</a>, starting with conservative play-calling on 1st down.<br><br>With momentum slipping, Andy Reid calls for his MVP-caliber QB to hand the ball off to Damien Williams. Loss of 3... <a href="https://t.co/cHL2F3XOMx">pic.twitter.com/cHL2F3XOMx</a></p>&mdash; Kevin Boilard (@247KevinBoilard) <a href="https://twitter.com/247KevinBoilard/status/1073641746549129217?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 14, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bugeater
12-17-2018, 10:31 AM
I believe Andy simply out thinks himself in these situations. "Well I've been doing X all day and they're totally expecting X, so I'll completely catch them off guard by doing Y!"

Then Y proceeds to blow up in his face, and the next time the situation presents itself he convinces himself that this will be the time it works. Except it never does.

lcarus
12-17-2018, 10:38 AM
Not a good time for possibly our worst offensive possession all season from both a playcalling and execution perspective.

GloryDayz
12-17-2018, 04:09 PM
I believe Andy simply out thinks himself in these situations. "Well I've been doing X all day and they're totally expecting X, so I'll completely catch them off guard by doing Y!"

Then Y proceeds to blow up in his face, and the next time the situation presents itself he convinces himself that this will be the time it works. Except it never does.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0sPVEBAtwmg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>