PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet Ad blocker message is back

12-23-2018, 12:36 AM
Why is this issue back again?

You have an ad blocker enabled! Please whitelist us and support ChiefsPlanet.
Click here for instructions

Is supporter status changed?

For the record, I don't mind letting the ads in but this just popped up today for the first time in a couple years.

Bugeater
12-23-2018, 12:47 AM
You're a n00b again. Congratulations!

DaFace
12-23-2018, 12:50 AM
The old one was messed up, so I had to replace it. I can try to figure out how to exempt supporters again if people really care. I don't find the ads here to be disruptive, personally.

12-23-2018, 12:52 AM
The old one was messed up, so I had to replace it. I can try to figure out how to exempt supporters again if people really care. I don't find the ads here to be disruptive, personally.

no biggie to me either way. Just thought it was odd to see it pop up again.

Pointer19
12-23-2018, 11:43 AM
Huh. I never noticed there were ads until this thread.

NOW I’M ANGRY!!

Easy 6
12-23-2018, 12:20 PM
I get this message, but havent installed any ad blocker that I'm aware of :shrug:

DaFace
12-23-2018, 12:32 PM
I get this message, but havent installed any ad blocker that I'm aware of :shrug:

Are you seeing ads at the bottom of pages?

Easy 6
12-23-2018, 12:33 PM
Are you seeing ads at the bottom of pages?

No, but I've never installed any ad blocker

Dont know what the hells going on...

edit* changed my homepage/search engine to duck duck go a while back, would that be why?

DaFace
12-23-2018, 12:35 PM

Are you on Chrome? If so, paste this into your address bar, then Ctrl-F for "block" and see if you find anything.

chrome://extensions/

DaFace
12-23-2018, 12:37 PM

edit* changed my homepage/search engine to duck duck go a while back, would that be why?

Could be. I don't know much about that.

Easy 6
12-23-2018, 12:40 PM
Another weird thing, is that when I view CP on my phone and am NOT logged in... I still get that message

Bugeater
01-05-2019, 10:56 AM
Anyone else getting messages on here from Google asking for your location? Been happening pretty regularly the past few days.

loochy
01-05-2019, 11:11 AM

They're bad enough to get this site blocked under the category "Spam, malware" at work

BWillie
01-05-2019, 11:23 AM
Compare the navigation from this place to a place like Phog.net at 247 sports and its a dream. Its so cumbersome to navigate over at those new 247 sports message boards

IA_Chiefs_fan
01-05-2019, 12:35 PM
Anyone else getting messages on here from Google asking for your location? Been happening pretty regularly the past few days.

Yes, this has been happening for a few days on my iPhone, using Chrome.

DaFace
01-05-2019, 01:40 PM
If it's asking for location, you can certainly block that. Definitely isn't something our software would be asking for.

Bugeater
01-05-2019, 03:35 PM
I just reinstalled adblock lol

IA_Chiefs_fan
01-05-2019, 10:21 PM
Here's the message I've been getting for a few days.

Fish
01-05-2019, 10:26 PM
Here's the message I've been getting for a few days.

That's from a specific ad being displayed at the bottom. Not necessarily the CP server. If you could identify the specific ads, they might be able to do something about it if they wanted.

DaFace
01-05-2019, 10:28 PM
That's from a specific ad being displayed at the bottom. Not necessarily the CP server. If you could identify the specific ads, they might be able to do something about it if they wanted.

If it's a big enough issue, AustinChief might care enough to look into it. If all it takes is pressing "Don't allow" once (or allow if you don't care), that's not a huge issue to me.

It's not spyware or whatever. It's just their network wanting to know your location for targeting ads. If that bothers you, block it. If not, don't.

IA_Chiefs_fan
01-05-2019, 10:31 PM
If it's a big enough issue, AustinChief might care enough to look into it. If all it takes is pressing "Don't allow" once (or allow if you don't care), that's not a huge issue to me.

It's not spyware or whatever. It's just their network wanting to know your location for targeting ads. If that bothers you, block it. If not, don't.

Selecting Don't Allow makes it go away for a few hours. It's not the end of the world or anything. Just passing the info on.