PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I'm not even excited for the playoffs after tonight...

Pages : [1] 2

CoMoChief
12-23-2018, 11:19 PM
Same 'ol shit...gonna be 1 n done. Can't have a defense this bad and win in Jan..we've seen this movie before and we know how it ends.

Did the Chiefs even force a punt at all?

Not even Mahomes can overcome this teams' defensive woes.

No QB can.

KCwolf
12-23-2018, 11:40 PM
Then get the F*** outta here - NOW!

REDHOTGTO
12-23-2018, 11:41 PM
im with ya man, been here done this crap, thought this year was diff, same shiot diff year

KCwolf
12-23-2018, 11:42 PM
BYE

CoMoChief
12-23-2018, 11:43 PM

lurking whore stfu

Eleazar
12-23-2018, 11:44 PM

No YOU get the F*** outta here now!

KCwolf
12-23-2018, 11:44 PM
Ok tard

In58men
12-23-2018, 11:45 PM
Annnnnnd we have another Debbie thread

ROFL

Kick rocks you whiny little bitch

carcosa
Ok

Iowanian
The Chiefs will stuff the raiders heads up their own asses next week, win HFA and have a bye week. By the divisional round you'll all be back on board.

This team can win any AFC game in front of them if they get a few guys back.

KCwolf
12-23-2018, 11:53 PM

ROFL

Please root for another team ... that’s all I’m asking

MMXcalibur
12-23-2018, 11:59 PM
I'm optimistic that we can finally get over the hump, but I am absolutely shielding myself for another postseason fuck-up that will make me question my own sanity.

Best22
12-24-2018, 12:00 AM
Weakest AFC in years

We can win it even with a sh*tbag defense

Imon Yourside
12-24-2018, 12:05 AM
Wait until tomorrow, hope will return..the sun will rise..you will get laid...ok that might be pushing it but the rest will happen...ya it will see what i mean?

smithandrew051
12-24-2018, 12:08 AM
Just out of curiosity, which AFC team’s situation would you trade ours for?

If you could, would you trade our entire situation (record, seeding, roster, coaches, etc) for another AFC team’s entire situation? If so, which one and why?

chiefforlife
12-24-2018, 12:10 AM
Perfectly legitimate statement after a game like this. People giving you shit arent being honest with themselves.

I love Patrick but even he, an MVP candidate cant overcome a defense that cant stop anything. This is embarrassing at the least. its not like we cant get better but come on man? This is hard to watch and certainly brings up past playoff disasters.

Choke to the Chargers at home (playoff team). Choke to the Seahawks (playoff team). Each loss a defensive stop or two away but cant get it done.

Dont even think this isnt the same old same old, so far we have no reason to believe it isnt.

Yes I know we have the BEST QB in the league but we also have the worst defense in the league.

If that doesnt confirm, Patrick is the MVP, I dont know what else he has to do.

Randallflagg
12-24-2018, 12:11 AM
The Chiefs will stuff the raiders heads up their own asses next week, win HFA and have a bye week. By the divisional round you'll all be back on board.

:hmmm:

Which "guys" might that be?

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-24-2018, 12:11 AM
Just out of curiosity, which AFC team’s situation would you trade ours for?

If you could, would you trade our entire situation (record, seeding, roster, coaches, etc) for another AFC team’s entire situation? If so, which one and why?

Bills/CP poster

KChiefs1
12-24-2018, 12:18 AM

I agree all of those will absolutely happen.

I’ll also guarantee that when the Chiefs have a 14pt lead in the 4th quarter of their playoff game that your anus will be puckered too. We will all be expecting another punch in the nuts.

mschiefs1984
12-24-2018, 12:20 AM
Lost all excitement for postseasons years ago.

You just know the ending and that it's going to hurt and just want to avoid it as long as you can. Maybe Mahomes will change that. But until it's changed I'm not going to look forward to it

Hammock Parties
12-24-2018, 01:56 AM
I'm literally dreading them.

It really fucking SUCKS to have the one seed and feel like a rapist is entering my home and I'm butt nekkid, cheeks spread and quivering.

When does the goddamn draft start.

BlackOp
12-24-2018, 01:59 AM

Maybe Veach can draft the next Speaks...

Flying High D
12-24-2018, 02:16 AM
I'm literally dreading them.

It really fucking SUCKS to have the one seed and feel like a rapist is entering my home and I'm butt nekkid, cheeks spread and quivering.

Lubed or not?

eDave
12-24-2018, 02:28 AM
Naw ya'll. OP is right. Lotta "true fans" these days. We've all seen it. We are cooked. Have been since what's his name was cut.

I don't really want to watch it. KC should be peaking right now. They are not.

So calm down. We are ahead of most expectations.

We'll get em' next year. lol :(

crazycoffey
12-24-2018, 02:36 AM
R

crazycoffey
12-24-2018, 02:36 AM
E

crazycoffey
12-24-2018, 02:37 AM
L

crazycoffey
12-24-2018, 02:37 AM
A

crazycoffey
12-24-2018, 02:38 AM
X

jjjayb
12-24-2018, 02:46 AM

ROFL

Were you positive after the last half dozen playoff losses? What did that get you? Certainly not a win. :rolleyes:

Halfcan
12-24-2018, 02:48 AM
We will beat the Faders next week and have the #1 seed.

Andy will have 2 weeks to come up with a better game plan than the shit show he has pulled the last 2 games.

Did anyone watch the tired old Pats today get lucky against the Bills? Houston choking against the Eagles who have been awful most of the year? How about Rivers getting destroyed by the Ravens?

Every team has flaws.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-24-2018, 03:19 AM
All time great QB season wasted because the defense is awful.

Not even a generational QB can save this franchise from being a dumpster fire.

What a fucking joke this organization is.

JD10367
12-24-2018, 03:26 AM
Offense: 1st in yards, 1st in points.
Defense: 31st in yards, 29th in points.

ROFL

Hammock Parties
12-24-2018, 03:29 AM
Offense: 1st in yards, 1st in points.
Defense: 31st in yards, 29th in points.

ROFL

take your two seed and enjoy getting buttfucked at home because your team is done FOREVER

milkshock
12-24-2018, 03:53 AM
im absolutely petrified

the detail of every playoff nightmare is running through my head and i see no way that this season ends any differently to any of those

PAChiefsGuy
12-24-2018, 04:15 AM
I'm still excited but my expectations have definitely gone down after these past couple of weeks.

People need to remember this isn't a year we expected to be in this position. This was supposed to be a 9-7 or 10-6 type year. Just ****ing relax people. Mahomes is young and our offense is set for years. We can use all our resources to fix the defense in the upcoming years.

That said our defense is beyond bad. You are not going to win a SB with a defense as bad as ours. Unless our offense goes on a tear and our defense improves somehow I expect us to lose at some point in the playoffs. Might be our first game but we still might get to the SB or win a playoff game but that's it. You can't win a SB when you can't stop anyone.

bevischief
12-24-2018, 04:32 AM
Where do we send the diapers?

njchiefs
12-24-2018, 05:22 AM
We are better than we thought we would be on week 0. We are far worse than we thought we were on week 10. We will have HFA, because the rest of this conference sucks. There is a fifty percent chance we can beat anybody at this point, and any decent team can beat us. 50/50 does not win a superbowl. Recreate the defense and we have a shot in two years. Oh. Except the rest of the league has already figured out our offense.

R8RFAN
12-24-2018, 05:29 AM
Yall gonna have to pull a St Louis Rams and be the greatest show on turf to win it all I think...

ARROW2
12-24-2018, 05:54 AM
Makes no difference how we finish. I have seen us finish strong and still come up.short in the playoffs. All that matters is mid january, PERIOD!

New World Order
12-24-2018, 06:05 AM
I guess the bright side is no AFC team is really playing well except for Balt and Indy.

We were able to beat Balt with a hobbled Hill and no Sammy, Erving (for a half) or Berry.

Graystoke
12-24-2018, 08:38 AM
I am not believing the Chiefs right now.
Groundhog day

Reerun_KC
12-24-2018, 08:41 AM
Chargers ended that hope! Curse of Marty lives on another year.

R8RFAN
12-24-2018, 08:42 AM
There is no head and shoulders team above the rest that are playoff contenders , Gonna be alot of luck involved to whoever wins it all

Do you feel lucky punks? Do ya?

Red Dawg2
12-24-2018, 08:46 AM
Getting Watkins back and Fuller back will help big. Now that Berry is back we could win a home game in January but beat a team in a the one game you must win, i don't know. Thise 5 minutes against the Chargers were deadly.

Red Dawg2
12-24-2018, 08:48 AM
The luck of Brady never lets him down. Not only did the Texans loss guve them a bye it puts them in thenposition to avoid the Ravens defense. He would no way in hell score on them in his condition.

mcaj22
12-24-2018, 08:52 AM
They are going to blow this 1 seed/HFA and be forced to play the Colts/Titans wild card weekend and get their shit pushed in by Andrew Luck or Derrick Henry. Pick your poison.

Red Dawg2
12-24-2018, 08:56 AM
They wi beat the Raiders. I still feel confident in that but they need to kick their ass and get some confidece. It it can't be a point win. It needs to be a dominate win.

O.city
12-24-2018, 09:23 AM
They should beat the raiders . Should.

They could win two games at home or lose the first one and it wouldn’t surprise me.

DanT
12-24-2018, 09:34 AM
Our defense sucks, and this seems to be due relatively more to the defensive coordinator than is typically the case with bad defenses. That makes it a faster-to-fix problem for the future. For the future and for right now, our QB is the best one going. I like our chances. We have already exceeded what I had hoped we would get from Mahomes 's first full season as the starter.

Deberg_1990
12-24-2018, 09:37 AM
Not excited at all. We all know what’s coming.

This team can’t stop anybody. Doesn’t matter what type of offense it is. They can’t force punts, they give up critical 3rd and longs, they continually shoot themselves in the foot with bad penalties. They won’t win a damn thing.

TEX
12-24-2018, 09:40 AM
They should beat the raiders . Should.

They could win two games at home or lose the first one and it wouldn’t surprise me.

I'd be more surprised if they managed to win two playoff games at home, than I would be if they lost the first one. Hell, I'd be more surprised if they managed to actually win one home playoff game, than I would be if they lost the first one.

TEX
12-24-2018, 09:43 AM
Getting Watkins back and Fuller back will help big. Now that Berry is back we could win a home game in January but beat a team in a the one game you must win, i don't know. Thise 5 minutes against the Chargers were deadly.

Watkins is an injury prone broke dick. I would not count on that guy for anything.

Iowanian
12-24-2018, 09:45 AM
:hmmm:

Which "guys" might that be?

Ervin and or LDT would help the interior O line and give Mahomes more time to throw the ball.....Watkins obviously helps in the passing game.

Defensively I don't know that there is anyone who can come back and help. Berry's "spirit" is obviously ready to retire.

Chris Meck
12-24-2018, 09:47 AM
we MIGHT win one play-off game at home. Maybe. With a little luck. But we're not going any further than that, not with this defense.

Iowanian
12-24-2018, 09:52 AM
I agree all of those will absolutely happen.

I’ll also guarantee that when the Chiefs have a 14pt lead in the 4th quarter of their playoff game that your anus will be puckered too. We will all be expecting another punch in the nuts.

Agreed. No reasonable person would argue that. The difference is, I'm still a battered spouse who has been abused by the Chiefs for years so I'll have a harder time NOT expecting them to break my heart than to be surprised when it happens.

This year already has been beyond my expectations.

dirk digler
12-24-2018, 09:53 AM
If we get HFA how many of you suckers are going to go the divisional round home game?

stevieray
12-24-2018, 09:55 AM
If we get HFA how many of you suckers are going to go the divisional round home game?

AFCCG

dirk digler
12-24-2018, 09:55 AM
AFCCG

I might consider going if we get that far but I am staying far away from the divisional home game. Been there done that too many times.

Iowanian
12-24-2018, 09:57 AM
The difference between this year and others where the Chiefs have cheated on us in the playoffs.......This isn't Matt Cassel. It's not Alex Smith throwing 3 yard dump offs when down by 10.

This team has the ability to outscore ANY team in the league. It hasn't been pretty the past couple of weeks, but it's not like they've only been putting 3-13 points on the board. This offense gets clicking and hot and they could run the table. The ability for that to happen is there and outside of Baltimore in the AFC playoff list there isn't a defense this team couldn't hang 45 points on.

stevieray
12-24-2018, 10:02 AM
I might consider going if we get that far but I am staying far away from the divisional home game. Been there done that too many times.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Eleazar
12-24-2018, 10:11 AM

If I bought tickets and saw them lose at home to the Colts again I would end up in an asylum ROFL

TwistedChief
12-24-2018, 10:21 AM

Without question. I've been waiting my entire life to be there at Arrowhead to watch the Chiefs win a playoff game.

Baby Lee
12-24-2018, 10:33 AM
I'm still excited but my expectations have definitely gone down after these past couple of weeks.

People need to remember this isn't a year we expected to be in this position. This was supposed to be a 9-7 or 10-6 type year. Just ****ing relax people. Mahomes is young and our offense is set for years. We can use all our resources to fix the defense in the upcoming years.

That said our defense is beyond bad. You are not going to win a SB with a defense as bad as ours. Unless our offense goes on a tear and our defense improves somehow I expect us to lose at some point in the playoffs. Might be our first game but we still might get to the SB or win a playoff game but that's it. You can't win a SB when you can't stop anyone.

Such BS revisionist history. This was supposed to be a franchise precisely one non-shitty QB away from a dynasty the easy way. Any caution about us dominating the league was the thought that Mahomes would take a while to settle into his role.

Mahomes could not be more ready to lead a championship team. Yet the Eagles and Bears, and soon to be Browns, are taking our assistants and taking previously inferior teams right past us with lesser QBs by paying attention to the entire franchise.

TEX
12-24-2018, 10:42 AM
Without question. I've been waiting my entire life to be there at Arrowhead to watch the Chiefs win a playoff game.

You know what's ****ed up? I live in Houston, and I've seen the Chiefs WIN MORE playoff games in person, than most everyone who lives in KC has.

I saw Montana's Chiefs beat the Oilers in the Astrodome back in '93, and I saw Reid / Smith's Chiefs beat the Texans a couple years ago at NRG Stadium.

So, friend, IF the Chiefs end up coming down here again for the playoffs this season, you need to go to the game with me. Won't be near as good as it would be to see them win one at ARROWHEAD in person, but you'll at least get a real chance to see them win a playoff game in person. ;)

njchiefs
12-25-2018, 07:02 AM
One thing I do know. When we lose the first playoff game at home, we will be in it right up until the end. We have Mahomes! With a chance to win it even in the last second! So exciting! Go Chiefs!

MahiMike
12-25-2018, 07:10 AM
We got Pat. Life is good.

PAChiefsGuy
12-25-2018, 07:23 AM
Such BS revisionist history. This was supposed to be a franchise precisely one non-shitty QB away from a dynasty the easy way. Any caution about us dominating the league was the thought that Mahomes would take a while to settle into his role.

Mahomes could not be more ready to lead a championship team. Yet the Eagles and Bears, and soon to be Browns, are taking our assistants and taking previously inferior teams right past us with lesser QBs by paying attention to the entire franchise.

Mahomes is 23-years-old and this is his first year starting. No one expected our D to be good and how good he was going to be was a big question mark. So the idea that this was a SB contending team wasn't thought by many fans or experts. If you expected the Chiefs to win the SB this year then that's on you.

So if we don't win the SB this year I'm not going to panic and cry over it like a bitch. Mahomes is young. He'll have plenty of time to get win a SB and we can improve the D next season.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
12-25-2018, 07:30 AM
Hell No one thought Mahomes would be this far along & this loosey defense in rebuild mould with the salaries of Huston & Berry dragging it down.
Helped develop the QB you have been waiting decades for, a NFL MVP in his first year as a starter. Run on!

HemiEd
12-25-2018, 07:57 AM
Naw ya'll. OP is right. Lotta "true fans" these days. We've all seen it. We are cooked. Have been since what's his name was cut.

I don't really want to watch it. KC should be peaking right now. They are not.

So calm down. We are ahead of most expectations.

We'll get em' next year. lol :(

I was thinking about this yesterday and they peaked a long time ago. They seem to be playing tired. You would think after the last few long rests they would be recharged, but that does't seem to be the case.

Maybe they have been looking ahead to the playoffs for the last few games?:hmmm:

Reerun_KC
12-25-2018, 08:01 AM
Mahomes is 23-years-old and this is his first year starting. No one expected our D to be good and how good he was going to be was a big question mark. So the idea that this was a SB contending team wasn't thought by many fans or experts. If you expected the Chiefs to win the SB this year then that's on you.

So if we don't win the SB this year I'm not going to panic and cry over it like a bitch. Mahomes is young. He'll have plenty of time to get win a SB and we can improve the D next season.

Why are you here? You’re an Alex only fan.

jimidollar
12-25-2018, 08:07 AM
Still want to see what happens in the playoffs. Either MVP gets us a win or we lose in historic fashion. It will make great conversation.

Rasputin
12-25-2018, 08:18 AM
I'm excited for the playoffs with a first year starter at quarterback. Win or lose this has been a turning point as a franchise no more broke dick rehashed quarterbacks. This team is only going get better for years to come.

Mennonite
12-25-2018, 08:36 AM
We got Pat. Life is good.

What will the team look like after Pat gets paid?

I mean, that's still a while off but still.

TwistedChief
12-25-2018, 08:39 AM
You know what's ****ed up? I live in Houston, and I've seen the Chiefs WIN MORE playoff games in person, than most everyone who lives in KC has.

I saw Montana's Chiefs beat the Oilers in the Astrodome back in '93, and I saw Reid / Smith's Chiefs beat the Texans a couple years ago at NRG Stadium.

So, friend, IF the Chiefs end up coming down here again for the playoffs this season, you need to go to the game with me. Won't be near as good as it would be to see them win one at ARROWHEAD in person, but you'll at least get a real chance to see them win a playoff game in person. ;)

You are very kind. But I’m talking about seeing a HOME playoff win. I was at the game where we demolished Houston a few years ago so I’m proud to have actually seen a Chiefs playoff victory (and to be sure it felt AMAZING). But I remember vividly walking out of the Denver game in ‘97 (and several other playoff losses at Arrowhead since) and I’ve been so desperate to experience the flipside of that pain and disappointment. I thought I was there with the Titans last year, but when Mariota threw that TD pass to himself, well, I knew it wasn’t to be...

If we god forbid end up in Houston though (which only happens if we lose to Oakland mind you), I’ll be there. And we can drink away our sorrows.

RaidersOftheCellar
12-26-2018, 09:56 AM
The same people who say "thought this year was different" had low expectations for year one with Mahomes. Now you're going to bitch if they don't win the SB?

Aside from that, why not wait until it happens to bitch?

Any postseason success this year is ahead of schedule. And a SB is still very possible.

philfree
12-26-2018, 09:59 AM
Just beat the Raiders and go 12-4 and I like our chances a lot better than 13-3.

luv
12-26-2018, 10:35 AM
The same people who say "thought this year was different" had low expectations for year one with Mahomes. Now you're going to bitch if they don't win the SB?

Aside from that, why not wait until it happens to bitch?

Any postseason success this year is ahead of schedule. And a SB is still very possible.

Have you been watching a different defense?

carcosa
12-26-2018, 11:01 AM
Ok

Bearcat
12-26-2018, 11:04 AM
This season wasn't ever about the playoffs... they were obviously going to rack up a bunch of wins, the NFL is pretty shitty like that.

But, if you knew the defense was going to suck, and you knew it's Mahomes' first year, and the Chiefs have racked up wins against garbage with lesser QBs... why would you get excited about those shitty wins this season? Or is it your first season watching football?

And they're 2-3 in the real tests... which isn't terrible, and it's also a lot of real tests for one season. They weren't ever going to win a SB this season, but they've been fun to watch despite the glaring weakness at defense.... they could win a playoff game, probably not three.

Hannah Barbarian
12-26-2018, 11:30 AM
Moving the goalposts on a weekly basis. A lot of that, here.

Anyways, the last couple of games won't change much for the Chiefs, unfortunately. You'll get that 1st seed, I think... It should be enough of a leverage to enter AFCCG comfortably.

TEX
12-26-2018, 11:50 AM
Moving the goalposts on a weekly basis. A lot of that, here.

Anyways, the last couple of games won't change much for the Chiefs, unfortunately. You'll get that 1st seed, I think... It should be enough of a leverage to enter AFCCG comfortably.

Not if Indy comes calling in the Divisional round.

Reroka
12-26-2018, 11:51 AM
Same 'ol shit...gonna be 1 n done. Can't have a defense this bad and win in Jan..we've seen this movie before and we know how it ends.

Did the Chiefs even force a punt at all?

Not even Mahomes can overcome this teams' defensive woes.

No QB can.

We all have no clue if they will win in the playoffs or not. Just be a fan and root for your team. FFS

TEX
12-26-2018, 11:51 AM
This season wasn't ever about the playoffs... they were obviously going to rack up a bunch of wins, the NFL is pretty shitty like that.

But, if you knew the defense was going to suck, and you knew it's Mahomes' first year, and the Chiefs have racked up wins against garbage with lesser QBs... why would you get excited about those shitty wins this season? Or is it your first season watching football?

And they're 2-3 in the real tests... which isn't terrible, and it's also a lot of real tests for one season. They weren't ever going to win a SB this season, but they've been fun to watch despite the glaring weakness at defense.... they could win a playoff game, probably not three.

Yep. Pretty much this....

TEX
12-26-2018, 11:53 AM
Just beat the Raiders and go 12-4 and I like our chances a lot better than 13-3.

I HEAR ya! NEVER GO 13 - 3!

Ass Rockah
12-26-2018, 12:50 PM
Seattle is more of a Super Bowl team to tell ya the truth

Ass Rockah
12-26-2018, 12:55 PM
The Chiefs inability to stop good running teams might bite ya in the nads in the playoffs. We already saw Mahomes go 0-4 against top west coast teams I sniff the AFCCG but no further. Kansas City isn’t elite like Seattle and New England. Don’t cry about it but instead admit it and move on.

njchiefs
12-26-2018, 01:15 PM
The Chiefs inability to stop good running teams might bite ya in the nads in the playoffs. We already saw Mahomes go 0-4 against top west coast teams I sniff the AFCCG but no further. Kansas City isn’t elite like Seattle and New England. Don’t cry about it but instead admit it and move on.

Sheesh! There are No f*ing elite teams this year. Any of the top seven or eight teams is just as likely as any other to win it, with the edge (less than usual this year) going to the teams with the home field advantage. It's just that the Chiefs are not the juggernaut that everyone was claiming a month ago. Oh well.

Coogs
12-26-2018, 01:18 PM

0-4?

Hell, we beat the Chargers in LA when they were the darlings of the NFL. We beat the Steelers when they were the team to beat. Beat the 49ers when the had the newest, greatest QB of all time. We beat Jax when it was their turn. Beat Denver in an adverse setting. Beat Baltimore when there was no stopping the Ravens. Coulda/Shoulda beat the Pats, Rams, and Chargers.

We are battle tested. Getting healthier by the day. We are going to be fine.

Reerun_KC
12-26-2018, 01:20 PM
0-4?

Hell, we beat the Chargers in LA when they were the darlings of the NFL. We beat the Steelers when they were the team to beat. We beat Jax when it was their turn. Beat Denver in an adverse setting. Beat Baltimore when there was no stopping the Ravens. Coulda/Shoulda beat the Pats, Rams, and Chargers.

We are battle tested. Getting healthier by the day. We are going to be fine.

Because chiefs.

Coogs
12-26-2018, 01:24 PM
Because chiefs.

Those days are gone. We have Mahomes now. 0-4 vs the West Coast? We've only lost 4. And last time I checked NE wasn't on the left coast.

Reerun_KC
12-26-2018, 01:59 PM
Those days are gone. We have Mahomes now. 0-4 vs the West Coast? We've only lost 4. And last time I checked NE wasn't on the left coast.

We still have Fat Andy.

RunKC
12-26-2018, 02:17 PM

I think most of us had this mindset when the season started, but it has changed completely. Mahomes is awesome, the AFC in general in very flawed and we *should* (minus a complete collapse Sunday) be the 1 seed.

Not sure about everyone else, but my expectations have changed to SB.

Bearcat
12-26-2018, 02:54 PM
I think most of us had this mindset when the season started, but it has changed completely. Mahomes is awesome, the AFC in general in very flawed and we *should* (minus a complete collapse Sunday) be the 1 seed.

Not sure about everyone else, but my expectations have changed to SB.

I definitely think it's a possibility every year Mahomes is here and of course healthy. I'd say they generally need to be a better all around team to win a SB than this year's team, but they should be a real contender most years and not the usual "maybe they'll win a playoff game".

Spott
12-26-2018, 03:10 PM
We still have Fat Andy.

Andy Fattenheimer

RaidersOftheCellar
12-26-2018, 03:11 PM
Seattle is more of a Super Bowl team to tell ya the truth

ROFL

Yeah, if they're +2 in turnover margin every game and have HFA, they'd have a decent shot.

Put your money where your mouth is?

Marcellus
12-26-2018, 03:15 PM

You play who is on your schedule and the Chiefs had the 7th toughest schedule in football and lost 4 games by 14 total points. 3 of them on the road to good teams ( 2 division winners) one at home to a good team by 1pt on a rediculous last 5 minute shit show. Chiefs SHOULD have won that game by 7 and if they had nobody would be questioning shit right now.
They also have the largest point differential in the NFL.

Yea the defense is a shit show but they have a legit shot at playing in the AFCCG at home which means a lot.

We are 3 consecutive home games from the SB.

DaNewGuy
12-26-2018, 03:17 PM
i mean if we still had Alex id probably feel ya, but I think we can beat any team, We went toe to toe with some powerhouses and were a few bad calls and or stupid plays away from winning. I still have faith

ptlyon
12-26-2018, 03:18 PM
You play who is on your schedule and the Chiefs had the 7th toughest schedule in football and lost 4 games by 14 total points. 3 of them on the road to good teams ( 2 division winners) one at home to a good team by 1pt on a rediculous last 5 minute shit show. Chiefs SHOULD have won that game by 7 and if they had nobody would be questioning shit right now.

Yea the defense is a shit show but they have a legit shot at playing in the AFCCG at home which means a lot.

This made me feel better. Thank you.

You should be on a suicide hotline or something.

Pitt Gorilla
12-26-2018, 03:21 PM

All of this.

Bearcat
12-26-2018, 03:30 PM

No disagreement here. The odds are against winning a SB this year, but that's never been the goal this season.

Blick
12-26-2018, 03:32 PM
I'm still excited.

We are looking to be pretty damn healthy for the playoffs.

We've been arguably the toughest team to beat in the league. Everyone that beat us played an A+ game and/or got help from the refs.

Home crowd will help the defense.

With the bye week, the coaching staff can work on some things that teams won't see on film.

Marcellus
12-26-2018, 03:42 PM
No disagreement here. The odds are against winning a SB this year, but that's never been the goal this season.

Not sure if I agree with this. Did the Chiefs expect Mahomes to be leauge MVP caliber? I doubt that. But I'm pretty confident the expected the defense to be a resonable level better than last year with the addition of Hitchens and getting Berry back healthy (so they thought).

We dumped Smith because he couldnt get us over the playoff hump so one would have to assume they expected to be a playoff team and in the mix with a better QB and a little more firepower on offense with Watkins and a better defense. They only got one of those things though.

crayzkirk
12-26-2018, 03:45 PM
My Chiefs PTSD has calmed down, I'm ready to believe again. I am excited because anything can happen, a timely bounce of the oblong ball, a DB that realized that it's okay to look for the ball and intercept it.

O.city
12-26-2018, 03:47 PM
Win sunday and I'll be excited.

Get the 1 seed and have the best QB in the AFC and I'll be excited. Lose and have the 5 seed and I'll check out til next year.

ptlyon
12-26-2018, 03:48 PM
My Chiefs PTSD has calmed down, I'm ready to believe again.

Just like George Bailey. "I want to live again! I want to live again!"

RaidersOftheCellar
12-26-2018, 03:59 PM
When people nitpick the Chiefs' season, throwing out numbers like 2-3 in "real tests" while arguing that KC has no shot to get to the SB...who are you comparing them to?

A Patriots team w/ 4 losses to bad teams and a few blowout losses?
The 8-6-1 Steelers that just lost to the Raiders and four out of 5?
The 9-6 Ravens team we already beat?
The Chargers team that needed a miraculous comeback and terrible officiating to win 1 of 2 vs KC?
The Texans team that hasn't beaten anyone all year?

It's like there's an assumption that some team or teams exist that have no flaws and a perfect resume.

Yes, the defense is weak. No shit. Yes, it might take winning a shootout or two to reach the SB. But why the hell is that not considered doable? Especially with the likelihood of being as healthy as they've been all year for the postseason.

TomBarndtsTwin
12-26-2018, 04:04 PM
This is true. There are no ‘great’ teams in the AFC, so the Chiefs still have a solid chance.

But sadly, I think the Fucktard defense will end up costing us in the playoffs at home, be it the divisional round or AFC Title game.

I hope to god I’m wrong, but I don’t think I will be . . . . .

JakeF
12-26-2018, 04:11 PM
Our best hope is that Andy Reid really was saving the team for the playoffs. He was keeping players off the field that might have been healthy enough to play. He was calling more basic plays saving the better ones for the playoffs. Andy has done it a little before, we can only hope he was doing it again this time.

Hope that he lets everyone get healthy and play to prevent a one and done.

Long shot, but possible.

That still doesn't change our sloppy play and penalties etc.

Reerun_KC
12-26-2018, 04:38 PM
Our best hope is that Andy Reid really was saving the team for the playoffs. He was keeping players off the field that might have been healthy enough to play. He was calling more basic plays saving the better ones for the playoffs. Andy has done it a little before, we can only hope he was doing it again this time.

Hope that he lets everyone get healthy and play to prevent a one and done.

Long shot, but possible.

That still doesn't change our sloppy play and penalties etc.

Stopped reading at “Our best hope is that Andy Reid”....

Pinning any hope on Fat Andy will end in disappointment.

TwistedChief
12-26-2018, 04:39 PM
My Chiefs PTSD has calmed down, I'm ready to believe again. I am excited because anything can happen, a timely bounce of the oblong ball, a DB that realized that it's okay to look for the ball and intercept it.

Yup, sanekirk. It’s not that bad. If we get HFA, we’ll very likely be favored in both games until the Super Bowl. And that’s determined solely by objective people who have money riding on it rather than determined by those on CP suffering from said PTSD.

Pablo
12-26-2018, 04:43 PM
OP is a lil' bitch.

Bearcat
12-26-2018, 04:44 PM
When people nitpick the Chiefs' season, throwing out numbers like 2-3 in "real tests" while arguing that KC has no shot to get to the SB...who are you comparing them to?

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/59597549/thats-ok-reading-is-hard.jpg

-King-
12-26-2018, 04:51 PM

A Patriots team w/ 4 losses to bad teams and a few blowout losses?
The 8-6-1 Steelers that just lost to the Raiders and four out of 5?
The 9-6 Ravens team we already beat?
The Chargers team that needed a miraculous comeback and terrible officiating to win 1 of 2 vs KC?
The Texans team that hasn't beaten anyone all year?

It's like there's an assumption that some team or teams exist that have no flaws and a perfect resume.

Yes, the defense is weak. No shit. Yes, it might take winning a shootout or two to reach the SB. But why the hell is that not considered doable? Especially with the likelihood of being as healthy as they've been all year for the postseason.

This x100! Its like it's better to lose to shitty teams than good team for some reason to some people.

TwistedChief
12-26-2018, 05:08 PM
https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/59597549/thats-ok-reading-is-hard.jpg

Your avatar is Dwight Shrute and you support the Kansas City Chiefs and you dislike ‘yip’ and you don’t believe in the #1 seed in the conference.

Conclusion: you will never be happy in life.

Obviously kidding. But damn, man. The days have been far darker. Unless you’re one of a handful of franchises, you’re always miserable. We have some potential to snap out of it so stop being Sandy’s Vagina.

I hate that this is the core debate right now on CP. Literacy be damned.

Bearcat
12-26-2018, 05:28 PM
Your avatar is Dwight Shrute and you support the Kansas City Chiefs and you dislike ‘yip’ and you don’t believe in the #1 seed in the conference.

Conclusion: you will never be happy in life.

Obviously kidding. But damn, man. The days have been far darker. Unless you’re one of a handful of franchises, you’re always miserable. We have some potential to snap out of it so stop being Sandy’s Vagina.

I hate that this is the core debate right now on CP. Literacy be damned.

Apparently my post hit a nerve... possibly with people who can't see past their own agenda, or who can't read, or who are just trolling.... or maybe it really comes off as more negative as I intended. :shrug:

Anyway...

Well, it wasn't... at least not for me. And it's true... if Alex Smith can rack up 9+ wins against shitty teams every year, Mahomes will surely rack up at least that many. That's obviously not a negative, it just makes it hard to really evaluate a team and their playoff worthiness when there are so few really good teams in the league.

This is directly questioning CoMo, but it's all true... you'd have to be a complete dumbass or never watch football to think 1) this season is the same as any other, and 2) to get excited about this season and then pissed off when a team loses a game or two.

The equation has obviously changed with Mahomes. The Chiefs haven't ever been cursed, they've always just sucked... and bad teams do bad things in the playoffs.

Well, maybe I could have said it differently than "which isn't terrible".... being about .500 in those games is expected. And as I said, they've had a lot of real tests... which is obviously a good thing. I doubt they'll win a SB this year, but it's not like that's a horrible thing (as stated, this season wasn't ever about the playoffs... for me, anyway).

I did follow it up with....

I definitely think it's a possibility every year Mahomes is here and of course healthy. I'd say they generally need to be a better all around team to win a SB than this year's team, but they should be a real contender most years and not the usual "maybe they'll win a playoff game".

In conclusion, apologies if it came off as gloom and doom... I've watched more games this season than probably any two or three or four seasons combined. Yeah, I don't care what they do in the playoffs, because the equation has changed... all I want out of any team I follow is to be competitive in the playoffs, and Mahomes should make that happen most years. I was making fun of CoMo, but perhaps that didn't translate. :shrug:

BossChief
12-26-2018, 05:35 PM
Ware
LDT
Berry
Watkins
Erving
Fuller

TwistedChief
12-26-2018, 05:45 PM
Dr. Bearcat: All true and you’re a balanced individual. But if the Chiefs ever do end up winning the Super Bowl, do you think it’s more likely in a season where they steamroll the competition and seem clearly destined to succeed? Or is it more likely to be in a season where you end up writing them off because...Chiefs and you just can’t take the disappointment anymore?

The day we’re favored to dominate and actually dominate an NFL season is the day we lose some of our cultural soul. My wife’s family are all Cubs fans and they’re dealing with this now - a lost identity.

Someone will respond, “I’ll take it if it means a Super Bowl.” And I understand that sentiment but so much of this is the journey. As fans we’ve earned it, but I strongly suspect if we’re ever left happy it won’t be when we saw it as an inevitable consequence of our great team.

So that’s where I am. Every season around this time I have my “what if” experience and this season seems far more realistic than we’ve had probably since the mid-90s. Because...Mahomes.

New World Order
12-26-2018, 05:48 PM
Ware
LDT
Berry
Watkins
Erving
Fuller

Damn straight

pugsnotdrugs19
12-26-2018, 06:00 PM
Updated SB Winning Odds:

Saints: 5/2
Rams: 4/1
Chiefs: 9/2
Patriots: 13/2
Bears: 8/1
Chargers: 12/1
Ravens: 16/1
Cowboys: 25/1

Still #1 in the AFC...

Baby Lee
12-26-2018, 06:03 PM
The equation has obviously changed with Mahomes. The Chiefs haven't ever been cursed, they've always just sucked... and bad teams do bad things in the playoffs.

This may be the crux of the disconnect with the legions that were and are under some delusion that I was singularly enamored of Alex.

My position from day one was and is that Alex was good enough to win with a playoff-worthy team. And every time we fell short in the playoffs, it's because we had glaring weaknesses throughout the squad. There have been scads of teams that would have killed for a double digit lead in the 4th quarter of the playoffs. At that point, they would have thought that the offense did it's job for the day and carried the rest of the game home. But we've had big injuries going into the playoffs and we've had key injuries IN the playoffs. Often we've had big leads anyway and squandered them. Other times we've come close to victory with a key miscue [holding on a 2 pt conversion, landing a key reception OOB] derailing us at the end.

And now we're here, with a QB any squad in the league could follow into the SB. A QB playing at an ungodly level, smoothing over a plethora of shortcomings. And yet and still we were tenuous because the same concerns of shitty secondary play, and a running game and horizontal passing game that doesn't get the 3rd down conversion it needs, and the injuries and the hope someone comes up big, that we've always had.

It's still a team game. The QB is more important than ever, but even now our QB if FAR from a detriment.

Before Mahomes, we were a franchise who could cobble together a playoff win once every 20 years or so. And we were angry that we weren't reeling off multiple dominating playoff victories. And we wanted a singular solution. Well, now we have that singular solution we've sought, and the mood is 'heck, we'll probably get rolled again, but next year, or the year after, . . . at least it'll be fun and we'll have a CHANCE.'

We can't decide whether the Chiefs are better than the competition and have an obligation to excel AS A FRANCHISE, or the Chiefs are eternally 2nd rate and we're just happy for exciting play at one position.

Easy 6
12-26-2018, 06:05 PM
I'm still excited, particularly if we whip the fade

Gimme that homefield atmosphere and I'll bet on Mahomes taking advantage of it

pugsnotdrugs19
12-26-2018, 06:15 PM
I'm still excited, particularly if we whip the fade

Gimme that homefield atmosphere and I'll bet on Mahomes taking advantage of it

It also helps that we appear to be setting up as a healthy #1 seed...

In a perfect world, Eric Berry is at his best for 4 quarters come the playoffs and makes some big plays along with Ford, Jones, and Houston. I don’t have faith in many other guys to do so.

But as I reflect on last Sunday, I couldn’t help but to think that KC was playing in an extremely difficult environment on SNF without several key players that appear to be on track to be available come January.

I’m not saying that they’re destined to roll off a few playoff wins, but the bye, playing at home for an awful defense, getting healthy pieces back... these all are major positives for KC.

scho63
12-26-2018, 06:24 PM
If we had beaten the Chargers, I think I would have had a greater level of excitement. I'm still eager but the flame of excitement has diminished somewhat.

Easy 6
12-26-2018, 06:41 PM
It also helps that we appear to be setting up as a healthy #1 seed...

In a perfect world, Eric Berry is at his best for 4 quarters come the playoffs and makes some big plays along with Ford, Jones, and Houston. I don’t have faith in many other guys to do so.

But as I reflect on last Sunday, I couldn’t help but to think that KC was playing in an extremely difficult environment on SNF without several key players that appear to be on track to be available come January.

I’m not saying that they’re destined to roll off a few playoff wins, but the bye, playing at home for an awful defense, getting healthy pieces back... these all are major positives for KC.

Yep sunday night sucked ass, but it wasnt unexpected at all

Many of us were very uneasy about it going in, there were so many warning signs that maybe even Mighty Mahomes might not be able to pull it off with all of the offensive injuries

But with HFA, and an offense that looks like the first half of the year and absolutely anything is possible... get some pieces back on offense, and Magic is capable elevating the team above this defense

RunKC
12-26-2018, 07:14 PM
I don’t have much faith at all because Andy Reid has possibly ruined this season by being loyal to Bob Sutton.

I’m going to be really honest. If we play the Colts, I might not even watch. I don’t think my soul can take another embarrassing loss to that team in January.

Easy 6
12-26-2018, 07:24 PM
I don’t have much faith at all because Andy Reid has possibly ruined this season by being loyal to Bob Sutton.

I’m going to be really honest. If we play the Colts, I might not even watch. I don’t think my soul can take another embarrassing loss to that team in January.

You'll watch it and be glad you did... shut up

WilliamTheIrish
12-26-2018, 07:38 PM

Ticket purchased.

I’ll say it again in this thread:

Chiefs are going to beat the Raiders. Then have two weeks off and will finally remove the 800# gorilla from our backs.

With that weight off their shoulders, they destroy whatever team stands in front of them and will be crowned AFC Champions. At home.

Quit being pussies.

Halfcan
12-26-2018, 07:48 PM
I am excited as hell about watching the Chiefs whip the Faders ass this weekend and getting a few weeks to rest and get healthy.

Having the #1 seed and only playing 2 games is the winning formula the Pats have used.

Yeah, yeah the defense sucks, but it is the stupid mistakes that have cost us games- a lot of those being on the defensive side. With 2 weeks off, let's hope Andy can get his team focused since they haven't been lately.

Stop missing so many tackles, stop the stupid penalties, stop dropping passes for TD's, stop fumbling. Championship teams don't make these boneheaded mistakes repeatedly. Our coaching is very poor right now and "we have a lot of stuff to sort of clean up" as Andy would say. Tighten that shit up Andy- 3 Home wins in a row gets us to the Superbowl.

That is pretty exciting!

OnTheWarpath15
12-26-2018, 08:27 PM

Not me, but I'll be buying tickets to the AFCCG game should they make it.

Ass Rockah
12-26-2018, 08:28 PM
Sheesh! There are No f*ing elite teams this year. Any of the top seven or eight teams is just as likely as any other to win it, with the edge (less than usual this year) going to the teams with the home field advantage. It's just that the Chiefs are not the juggernaut that everyone was claiming a month ago. Oh well.

This is the first reasonably intelligent thing I’ve ever seen you post dawg

Marcellus
12-26-2018, 08:35 PM
Not me, but I'll be buying tickets to the AFCCG game should they make it.

Made the same decision about a month ago. Going to have to get a first win to get me there.

Marcellus
12-26-2018, 08:35 PM
Not excited, watch this throw a few times.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Some say it was a Christmas miracle.<br><br>It was just another day at the office. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MVPat?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MVPat</a> <a href="https://t.co/AF6mFlKUWV">pic.twitter.com/AF6mFlKUWV</a></p>&mdash; Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1077601428426739712?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 25, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

pugsnotdrugs19
12-26-2018, 08:36 PM

Sure but let’s delve deeper into the stats.

Andrew Luck at home this season:
2,413 yards, 70.7 completion %, 7.9 YPA, 21 TDs and 5 INTs

Andrew Luck on the road this season:
1,895 yards, 63.6 completion %, 6.4 YPA, 15 TDs and 9 INTs

At Arrowhead, even that game is much less intimidating.

Bearcat
12-26-2018, 08:47 PM
This may be the crux of the disconnect with the legions that were and are under some delusion that I was singularly enamored of Alex.

My position from day one was and is that Alex was good enough to win with a playoff-worthy team. And every time we fell short in the playoffs, it's because we had glaring weaknesses throughout the squad. There have been scads of teams that would have killed for a double digit lead in the 4th quarter of the playoffs. At that point, they would have thought that the offense did it's job for the day and carried the rest of the game home. But we've had big injuries going into the playoffs and we've had key injuries IN the playoffs. Often we've had big leads anyway and squandered them. Other times we've come close to victory with a key miscue [holding on a 2 pt conversion, landing a key reception OOB] derailing us at the end.

And now we're here, with a QB any squad in the league could follow into the SB. A QB playing at an ungodly level, smoothing over a plethora of shortcomings. And yet and still we were tenuous because the same concerns of shitty secondary play, and a running game and horizontal passing game that doesn't get the 3rd down conversion it needs, and the injuries and the hope someone comes up big, that we've always had.

It's still a team game. The QB is more important than ever, but even now our QB if FAR from a detriment.

Before Mahomes, we were a franchise who could cobble together a playoff win once every 20 years or so. And we were angry that we weren't reeling off multiple dominating playoff victories. And we wanted a singular solution. Well, now we have that singular solution we've sought, and the mood is 'heck, we'll probably get rolled again, but next year, or the year after, . . . at least it'll be fun and we'll have a CHANCE.'

We can't decide whether the Chiefs are better than the competition and have an obligation to excel AS A FRANCHISE, or the Chiefs are eternally 2nd rate and we're just happy for exciting play at one position.

I think the difference is....

Alex Smith + one of the best offensive lines in the league + one of the best TEs in the league + one of the top RBs in the league + a top 3 defense = a playoff contender

Patrick Mahomes ....and uh, not to understate the whole team thing, but does he really need anything elite to be a playoff contender?

You're either building an entire team that's good enough all around to win despite the QB, or putting together pieces that are just good enough to compliment one great player. And of course, that's a generalization, there are exceptions, etc.

As far as this...

...I don't think the mood pre-Mahomes was "angry that we weren't reeling off multiple dominating playoff victories".... at all. The mood around her has always been "let's get into the playoffs and win a game". I don't even know where you'd get the dominating part.

And yeah, now there IS a next year, and it's great. It's not "well, maybe next year we'll slip into the playoffs and win a game"... it's "if we don't win a Super Bowl this year, we'll have the same chance next year.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-26-2018, 08:52 PM

Alex Smith + one of the best offensive lines in the league + one of the best TEs in the league + one of the top RBs in the league + a top 3 defense = a playoff contender

Patrick Mahomes ....and uh, not to understate the whole team thing, but does he really need anything elite to be a playoff contender?

You're either building an entire team that's good enough all around to win despite the QB, or putting together pieces that are just good enough to compliment one great player. And of course, that's a generalization, there are exceptions, etc.

This precisely.

No player can can cover up holes or create new ones like a QB. The easiest path to a championship is to get that position to be your greatest strength and just supplement the rest of the roster to the best of your abilities.

Just look at Jacksonville to see how it works if you go about it the other way.

Spott
12-26-2018, 08:59 PM
This is the first reasonably intelligent thing I’ve ever seen you post dawg

Still waiting for your first intelligent post, dipshit.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-26-2018, 09:07 PM
Pussy coward

JakeF
12-26-2018, 09:33 PM
Sure but let’s delve deeper into the stats.

Andrew Luck at home this season:
2,413 yards, 70.7 completion %, 7.9 YPA, 21 TDs and 5 INTs

Andrew Luck on the road this season:
1,895 yards, 63.6 completion %, 6.4 YPA, 15 TDs and 9 INTs

At Arrowhead, even that game is much less intimidating.
Do you really think that matters? We are 2-3 in the last 5 wks and we have been sloppy through much of it. It's not just our defense that is struggling either. The entire team has looked messy for most of December. Without Watkins are passing game isn't dominant, without Hunt our running game hasn't been dominant. The injuries along the offensive line might even be the bigger issue for our running game but Hunt usually made a couple of stud plays each game. Hunt is also still 4th in receiving yards with 350 YAC. I can't believe a star burnt out that fast.

We are backing into the playoffs. :(

Baby Lee
12-27-2018, 08:34 AM
...I don't think the mood pre-Mahomes was "angry that we weren't reeling off multiple dominating playoff victories".... at all. The mood around her has always been "let's get into the playoffs and win a game". I don't even know where you'd get the dominating part.

Do you want me to pull all the threads and arguments about 'if it doesn't end in a SB, then the season was a waste of time.' [or it's more recent corollary 'this season isn't ending in a SB, so you idiots trying to enjoy the season are wasting everyone's time.']

Or the constant mantra that our ONE playoff victory in nearly the past 25 years doesn't even count because it wasn't against a tough enough opponent.

Marcellus
12-27-2018, 08:57 AM
Do you really think that matters? We are 2-3 in the last 5 wks and we have been sloppy through much of it. It's not just our defense that is struggling either. The entire team has looked messy for most of December. Without Watkins are passing game isn't dominant, without Hunt our running game hasn't been dominant. The injuries along the offensive line might even be the bigger issue for our running game but Hunt usually made a couple of stud plays each game. Hunt is also still 4th in receiving yards with 350 YAC. I can't believe a star burnt out that fast.

First timer I have ever seen a #1 seed back into the playoffs. Holy shit this place.

OnTheWarpath15
12-27-2018, 08:59 AM
First timer I have ever seen a #1 seed back into the playoffs. Holy shit this place.

LMAO

O.city
12-27-2018, 09:06 AM

As far as this...

And yeah, now there IS a next year, and it's great. It's not "well, maybe next year we'll slip into the playoffs and win a game"... it's "if we don't win a Super Bowl this year, we'll have the same chance next year.

Are you saying the Chiefs had that his entire career here?

Cause they made the playoffs 4 of the 5 seasons he was here.

Baby Lee
12-27-2018, 09:08 AM

LMAO

Not saying it's fait accompli, but if you genuinely feel this is unique, you might want to bone up one the history of #1 seeds @12-4 or worse [actually 92 Stillers were the only 11-5 #1 AFAICT], paying particular attention to a certain team from Philadelphia.

Danguardace
12-27-2018, 09:12 AM
Everything is falling into place

Erving and Frenchy will be back in the O-line

Ware is back

Berry will be off his snap count.

Watkins better be back

Just beat the damn Raiders and dont make it close is all I ask.

ptlyon
12-27-2018, 09:14 AM
Everything is falling into place

Erving and Frenchy will be back in the O-line

Ware is back

Berry will be off his snap count.

Watkins better be back

Just beat the damn Raiders and dont make it close is all I ask.

Wishful thinking

Bearcat
12-27-2018, 09:14 AM
Are you saying the Chiefs had that his entire career here?

Cause they made the playoffs 4 of the 5 seasons he was here.

Making the playoffs and being a contender in the playoffs are two different things.

Pretty sure Alex Smith's abilities have been reviewed a time or two around here.

htismaqe
12-27-2018, 09:16 AM

Exactly!

htismaqe
12-27-2018, 09:17 AM
Not saying it's fait accompli, but if you genuinely feel this is unique, you might want to bone up one the history of #1 seeds @12-4 or worse [actually 92 Stillers were the only 11-5 #1 AFAICT], paying particular attention to a certain team from Philadelphia.

I’d rather be 12-4 than 13-3 and in the AFC.

O.city
12-27-2018, 09:18 AM
Making the playoffs and being a contender in the playoffs are two different things.

Pretty sure Alex Smith's abilities have been reviewed a time or two around here.

Playoff contender to me means a contender for the playoffs, no?

If you wanna argue they weren't a SB contender, that's fine. But they were absolutely a playoff contender.

Baby Lee
12-27-2018, 09:22 AM
I’d rather be 12-4 than 13-3 and in the AFC.

Different question, much different metrics.

12-4 v 13-3 is a Chiefs specific bit of superstition

Marcel mocked being flabbergasted that for the first time in history a fanbase is questioning the playoff preparedness of a #1 seed, suggesting it was the unique result of this particular perverted and anomalously jaded BB fanbase.

Halfcan
12-27-2018, 09:30 AM

Incorrect- If we Win against the Faders (we will) - then we will be In the 1st seed. That is Not backing into the playoffs.

Steelers have to win and have other teams lose just to make it.

Backing IN- means you have to rely on the outcome of other games.

htismaqe
12-27-2018, 09:34 AM

Marcel mocked being flabbergasted that for the first time in history a fanbase is questioning the playoff preparedness of a #1 seed, suggesting it was the unique result of this particular perverted and anomalously jaded BB fanbase.

It most certainly isn’t Chiefs superstition if you actually look at it. Only 2 AFC QBs have ever advanced to the SB after going 13-3. The Chiefs don’t even have the worst “13-3” history in the AFC.

Marcellus
12-27-2018, 09:34 AM

No I mocked the concept we are "backing in to the playoffs." It appears that certain people including yourself are lost on what that phrase actually means.

Baby Lee
12-27-2018, 10:01 AM
No I mocked the concept we are "backing in to the playoffs." It appears that certain people including yourself are lost on what that phrase actually means.

No, it appears that you have a singularly literal meaning you attribute to it, and rather than accede the broader consensus you chose to attempt to belittle the intelligence of those who don't subscribe to your narrow literal meaning.

If you find a CPBB poster who legitimately thinks that the Chiefs are in danger of not making the playoffs at all, and are relying on week 17 fortune in other games to secure a currently unsecured spot, I'll grant that that poster is lacking intelligence.

My sense is that most people who use the colloquialism 'backing into the playoffs' are referring to the Chiefs apparent ill-preparedness for playoff level competition, even though they have objectively qualified due to their regular season record.

Baby Lee
12-27-2018, 10:04 AM
Incorrect- If we Win against the Faders (we will) - then we will be In the 1st seed. That is Not backing into the playoffs.

If you want to be hyper-grammatical, entering the playoffs due to late fortune in the outcome of other games is backdooring a spot in the playoffs. Backing into the playoffs can refer to any entry into the playoff period on something other than putting your best foot forward.

htismaqe
12-27-2018, 10:06 AM
If you want to be hyper-grammatical, entering the playoffs due to late fortune in the outcome of other games is backdooring a spot in the playoffs. Backing into the playoffs can refer to any entry into the playoff period on something other than putting your best foot forward.

Like the Ravens? Oh wait.

Marcellus
12-27-2018, 10:06 AM

By that measure many teams are backing into the playoffs which is ridiculous.

You know what most often determines the best teams in the playoffs? Health.

By that measure we are getting better and solidifying our chances.

htismaqe
12-27-2018, 10:07 AM
By that measure many teams are backing into the playoffs

Nope, only the Chiefs. Please refer to the appropriate section of your Chiefsplanet Lexicon.

Red Dawg
12-27-2018, 10:08 AM

Nobody ever backs into the playoffs. You win more games than others, that's not backing in.

Gravedigger
12-27-2018, 10:08 AM
I'll admit going 3-3 in the last 6 games heading into the post season, with one of those games being a miracle play by Mahomes and Hill and the other two wins being against one of the worst teams in the NFL, doesn't inspire alot of confidence. Andy is going to have to shake some demons off this postseason and be a little unconventional by his normal ways in order to make a Superbowl run. I like how people are getting healthy with Berry, Larry and Watkins seemingly playing in our first playoff game.

Baby Lee
12-27-2018, 10:09 AM
Like the Ravens? Oh wait.

By that measure many teams are backing into the playoffs which is ridiculous.

You know what most often determines the best teams in the playoffs? Health.

By that measure we are getting better and solidifying our chances.

Is this really that hard, or are some people being obstinate and contrarian just to foment dissent?

The playoffs have ALWAYS been a momentum game.

Yes, every year plenty of teams 'back into' the playoffs because they aren't performing at playoff level when the time for the playoffs comes. And yes every year some teams are in prime playoff shape when the time for playoffs comes, but have to rely on help due to poor play earlier in the season.

And yes, health is generally a prime component of playoff readiness. But we're in a slightly different space health-wise than other teams generally. Usually, either health is against them and the enter the playoffs hobbled, or health is for them and they hit the playoffs running on all cylinders. We're in a quasi-space where we're getting a lot of key contributors back at JUST the right moment, but due to the razor thin margin of getting them back and our abysmal recent performance, we're relying heavily on all of them being monsters right out the gate with no hiccups or hangovers.

The optimum is we get back a Bob Sanders, who tidies up the defense just in time for a SB run. The opposite is we get back a Justin Houston who not only doesn't make a playoff difference, but fucks up his health for much of the NEXT season. And we have those dice rolls all over the squad.

htismaqe
12-27-2018, 10:13 AM
Is this really that hard, or are some people being obstinate and contrarian just to foment dissent?

The playoffs have ALWAYS been a momentum game.

Yes, every year plenty of teams 'back into' the playoffs because they aren't performing at playoff level when the time for the playoffs comes. And yes every year some teams are in prime playoff shape when the time for playoffs comes, but have to rely on help due to poor play earlier in the season.

Foment dissent? You mean trying to stay positive in the face of the overwhelming negative stupidity that is Chiefsplanet in December? ROFL

For the record, I’m using EXACTLY the definition you are implying. And if the playoffs are about momentum then EVERYBODY in the AFC is “backing in”. That’s the freaking point. The only team you could argue is playing good right now is the Ravens and they lost to the CHIEFS just three weeks ago.

Baby Lee
12-27-2018, 10:17 AM
Foment dissent? You mean trying to stay positive in the face of the overwhelming negative stupidity that is Chiefsplanet in December? ROFL

For the record, I’m using EXACTLY the definition you are implying. And if the playoffs are about momentum then EVERYBODY in the AFC is “backing in”. That’s the freaking point. The only team you could argue is playing good right now is the Ravens and they lost to the CHIEFS just three weeks ago.

There's a gulf of difference between 'hey, there's reason to be optimistic, guys' and 'you fucking idiots are retards [who don't even understand basic grammar] for having any doubts.'

And yes, the perennial frontrunners [Steelers and Patriots] are in sore shape, as sore as us, right now. 3-7 scare me more top to bottom than than 2 or 8. The Ravens aren't the only team, Chargers and Colts are peaking a the right time. Texans have that late slinging-it thing between Watkins and Hopkins that will be the death of us in a close match. Titans WERE in good shape until Mariota got dinged, but Henry remains a nightmare for our rush D.

Everyone from the 49ers, Raiders and Cardinals on up through the playoff contenders can put 30+ on us any given week. We have our eggs in one basket with Mahomes magic, and we have peripheral hope that every hurt player comes back like a monster.

TwistedChief
12-27-2018, 10:19 AM
I'll admit going 3-3 in the last 6 games heading into the post season, with one of those games being a miracle play by Mahomes and Hill and the other two wins being against one of the worst teams in the NFL, doesn't inspire alot of confidence. Andy is going to have to shake some demons off this postseason and be a little unconventional by his normal ways in order to make a Superbowl run. I like how people are getting healthy with Berry, Larry and Watkins seemingly playing in our first playoff game.

So we should lose a point because it took a miracle play by Mahomes/Hill to beat the Ravens but we don't get a point back for trailing the Chargers for only 4 seconds the entire game? You win some games; you lose some games. The glass doesn't always have to be half empty. There are many shades of grey here.

Marcellus
12-27-2018, 10:20 AM
There's a gulf of difference between 'hey, there's reason to be optimistic, guys' and 'you ****ing idiots are retards [who don't even understand basic grammar] for having any doubts.'

#1 seed (95% probable), control your own destiny, 3 home games away from the SB = Not backing in.

Do you think any teams really WANT to come to KC to play them in the playoffs?

O.city
12-27-2018, 10:22 AM
#1 seed (95% probable), control your own destiny, 3 home games away from the SB = Not backing in.

Do you think any teams really WANT to come to KC to play them in the playoffs?

They've lost back to back games where they had a chance to win the 1 seed and had other teams lose games that have allowed them to still have it.

That's pretty much the definition of backing into it.

Halfcan
12-27-2018, 10:24 AM
They've lost back to back games where they had a chance to win the 1 seed and had other teams lose games that have allowed them to still have it.

That's pretty much the definition of backing into it.

O.city
12-27-2018, 10:25 AM

The Chiefs having a chance to get the one seed is literally because of the outcome of other games. The Chargers loss last week specifically.

Halfcan
12-27-2018, 10:27 AM

Marcellus
12-27-2018, 10:27 AM
The Chiefs having a chance to get the one seed is literally because of the outcome of other games. The Chargers loss last week specifically.

:facepalm:

O' by that logic every team is backing into the playoffs because other teams had to lose.

We clinched a playoff spot 3 weeks ago dude.

htismaqe
12-27-2018, 10:28 AM
There's a gulf of difference between 'hey, there's reason to be optimistic, guys' and 'you fucking idiots are retards [who don't even understand basic grammar] for having any doubts.’

Of course there is! But when one is responding to ‘you idiots are fucking retards for having any HOPE’ saying ‘hey, there’s reason to be optimistic’ is a complete waste of time. Absurdity requires a similarly measured response.

Marcellus
12-27-2018, 10:29 AM
Every single team in the AFC playoff picture is flawed people, they have all lost at least 1 game the last 2 weeks. All of them.

Baby Lee
12-27-2018, 10:29 AM
Of course there is! But when one is responding to ‘you idiots are fucking retards for having any HOPE’ saying ‘hey, there’s reason to be optimistic’ is a complete waste of time. Absurdity requires a similarly measured response.

I never said that, so maybe identify the target of your [actually, in this case, Marcel's] criticism instead of painting the entire board.

If I have a point of irritation, it's that with the change of QB to one who is BETTER prepared to win a championship with lesser help, our expectations of the team have gone from 'if we don't win a SB it's a waste of time and entirely the QBs fault for wasting all our talent' to 'hey! It's all a crapshoot. If we win, fun!! If not, at least it was fun.'

O.city
12-27-2018, 10:30 AM
:facepalm:

O' by that logic every team is backing into the playoffs because other teams had to lose.

We clinched a playoff spot 3 weeks ago dude.

Teams that are playing well and winning arent' backing in.

The Chiefs are in because they won early, it's certainly not because of what they've done as of late.

They've played shitty the past month. That's not good.

They would currently be sitting in the 5 seed had the Chargers won last week because of the Seattle and the Charger loss 2 weeks ago.

Halfcan
12-27-2018, 10:30 AM

back-into
Verb
(phrasal verb)

Used other than as an idiom: see back,‎ into.
(idiomatic) To rely upon another team's loss in order to advance to the post-season.
The 2006 St. Louis Cardinals backed into the playoffs.

The Chiefs are Not relying on any other team to lose this weekend. They have already assured themselves a playoff spot based on their record as the best in the AFC. If they Win (only relying on their Own performance) than they have the #1 seed.

O.city
12-27-2018, 10:31 AM
And sure they clinched a few weeks ago. But people don't seem to understand the massive advantage there is to having a bye and HFA.

Clinching a spot is great but it doesn't really mean a whole hell of a lot if you squander the 1 seed.

Marcellus
12-27-2018, 10:31 AM
Teams that are playing well and winning arent' backing in.

The Chiefs are in because they won early, it's certainly not because of what they've done as of late.

They've played shitty the past month. That's not good.

They would currently be sitting in the 5 seed had the Chargers won last week because of the Seattle and the Charger loss 2 weeks ago.

Who is on a 3 game win streak in the AFC right now? NOBODY.

Who is on a 2 game win streak right now? 1 team.

KCUnited
12-27-2018, 10:32 AM
Can't really count the Seattle game as part of the back in since our coach intentionally shifted out of drive.

O.city
back-into
Verb
(phrasal verb)

Used other than as an idiom: see back,‎ into.
(idiomatic) To rely upon another team's loss in order to advance to the post-season.
The 2006 St. Louis Cardinals backed into the playoffs.

The Chiefs are Not relying on any other team to lose this weekend. They have already assured themselves a playoff spot based on their record as the best in the AFC. If they Win (only relying on their Own performance) than they have the #1 seed.

Sure.

And they're in that spot because another team lost last week. Had they not, the Chiefs would be resting everyone getting ready to go to Baltimore next week.

Gravedigger
So we should lose a point because it took a miracle play by Mahomes/Hill to beat the Ravens but we don't get a point back for trailing the Chargers for only 4 seconds the entire game? You win some games; you lose some games. The glass doesn't always have to be half empty. There are many shades of grey here.

Not in the playoffs there aren't, you win or go home, there's no shade of gray there. If you wash those games we're still 50% with our only two wins coming against the Raiders, assuming we win this weekend, and our losses coming to the Rams and the Seahawks which are playoff teams and Championship Contenders. It is what it is at this point, we just have to hope that Mahomes and Reid can overcome the defense, which has been the issue all year.

htismaqe
And yes, the perennial frontrunners [Steelers and Patriots] are in sore shape, as sore as us, right now. 3-7 scare me more top to bottom than than 2 or 8. The Ravens aren't the only team, Chargers and Colts are peaking a the right time. Texans have that late slinging-it thing between Watkins and Hopkins that will be the death of us in a close match. Titans WERE in good shape until Mariota got dinged, but Henry remains a nightmare for our rush D.

The Chargers just got pummeled by the Ravens. The Colts just got done scoring zero points.

O.city
12-27-2018, 10:33 AM
Who is on a 3 game win streak in the AFC right now? NOBODY.

Who is on a 2 game win streak right now? 1 team.

It's not just winning. Sometimes close games can go either way.

It's the way the team has played and looked.

With a chance to wrap up HFA, they literally showed as much effort as I did last week.

I am optimistic they'll win this week and end up with the 1 seed, but if you aren't worried that they're trending the wrong way recently, well maybe that's another issue?

Marcellus
12-27-2018, 10:34 AM
And sure they clinched a few weeks ago. But people don't seem to understand the massive advantage there is to having a bye and HFA.

Clinching a spot is great but it doesn't really mean a whole hell of a lot if you squander the 1 seed.

But they haven't, you talk like losing to the Raiders is a foregone conclusion and/or beating them means nothing.

I will concede, if they lose to the Raiders and end up the 5 seed they are limping, dragging, or sputtering into the playoffs.

(I stil believe backing in has 1 distince definition)

Baby Lee
12-27-2018, 10:34 AM
Every single team in the AFC playoff picture is flawed people, they have all lost at least 1 game the last 2 weeks. All of them.

Yes, but for some of those teams, it's been off nights, or bad bounces, or bad matchups in preparedness and enthusiasm. Things that can be corrected in a 1 and done situation. For us, there have been durable trends of abysmal defense and late reliance on magic.

Baby Lee
12-27-2018, 10:35 AM
But they haven't, you talk like losing to the Raiders is a foregone conclusion and/or beating them means nothing.

I will concede, if they lose to the Raiders and end up the 5 seed they are limping, dragging, or sputtering into the playoffs.

(I stil believe backing in has 1 distince definition)

distinct . . . retard. ;)

Marcellus
12-27-2018, 10:36 AM
It's not just winning. Sometimes close games can go either way.

It's the way the team has played and looked.

With a chance to wrap up HFA, they literally showed as much effort as I did last week.

I am optimistic they'll win this week and end up with the 1 seed, but if you aren't worried that they're trending the wrong way recently, well maybe that's another issue?

Leading LAC by 14 until the last 4 minutes doesnt count then? Close losses only matter against KC?

Im confused even more now.

And what does the bolded mean?

Yea I am worried about how they have looked a few times, doesnt mean I dont think they are going to make to the AFCCG.

htismaqe
I never said that, so maybe identify the target of your [actually, in this case, Marcel's] criticism instead of painting the entire board.

If I have a point of irritation, it's that with the change of QB to one who is BETTER prepared to win a championship with lesser help, our expectations of the team have gone from 'if we don't win a SB it's a waste of time and entirely the QBs fault for wasting all our talent' to 'hey! It's all a crapshoot. If we win, fun!! If not, at least it was fun.'

I will paint the whole board with whatever brush I choose, especially when it’s warranted.

You are irritated because you like Alex Smith. I’m irritated because this board is full of hypocrites. We happen to be on the same side of this but don’t think for one minute it’s because we agree.

Marcellus
distinct . . . retard. ;)

Typo...asshole :)

RunKC

I thought about this, but noticed that we were 4-0 (3-0 with starters) heading into the postseason last year. We won 10 in a row entering the playoffs in 2015.
We won 5 of the last 6 entering the playoffs in 2016.

We’ve been on a roll the last few years and it has meant nothing. Maybe Andy realizes that and just wants our guys to be healthy when it matters.

Injuries have been a major part of our problem for postseason disaster.

htismaqe
12-27-2018, 10:38 AM
Yes, but for some of those teams, it's been off nights, or bad bounces, or bad matchups in preparedness and enthusiasm. Things that can be corrected in a 1 and done situation. For us, there have been durable trends of abysmal defense and late reliance on magic.

You mean like the Lockett and Baldwin catches the other night? Because EVERY highlight show was calling them “magic” catches.

Marcellus
12-27-2018, 10:41 AM
You mean like the Lockett and Baldwin catches the other night? Because EVERY highlight show was calling them “magic” catches.

I said it before, Wilson played a perfect game, I mean lights out badass perfect. That along with 2 stupid turnovers they gained, they still barely beat us at their place.

Chargers got a miracle 4 minutes with some stupid defense and help from the refs and a 2 pointer to win at the very end.

We havent lost a game by more than 7 and that was Seattle, nothing close to a blowout all season.

Single score games are about 50/50, they caught up to us recently.

:shrug:

Yea Im worried about the defense but I have faith in Mahomes, and playing at home.

Halfcan
12-27-2018, 10:43 AM
Sure.

And they're in that spot because another team lost last week. Had they not, the Chiefs would be resting everyone getting ready to go to Baltimore next week.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, and that other team might not even be in the playoff hunt if the refs had not helped them out to a win at Arrowhead. You can play what if all day- but the Chiefs are Not backing into the Playoffs by the standard definition.

We are still going to smash the Faders, have the Best record in the AFC and #1 seed.

Baby Lee
12-27-2018, 10:43 AM
I will paint the whole board with whatever brush I choose, especially when it’s warranted.

You are irritated because you like Alex Smith. I’m irritated because this board is full of hypocrites. We happen to be on the same side of this but don’t think for one minute it’s because we agree.

What a load of bullshit. There's a difference between 'liking' Alex Smith, and declining to hate him with every fiber of my being and blaming the shortcomings of the entire franchise and its entire history on his shoulders.

I liked Alex more than Cassel or Palko, Huard, Thigpen, Croyle, Bono, Krieg, Deberg, Blackledge, etc. etc., but that's a fairly low bar. I've liked Mahomes earlier and more ardently than most and never had qualms about his replacing Alex. My concern has been the turn in franchise assessment, from 'we're a leviathan held back by one player' to 'hey! everyone kind of sucks'

My mantra remains simple 'it's a team game.'

Baby Lee
12-27-2018, 10:46 AM

Those might have been 'magic' but the Seahawks weren't RELYING on that magic. They already had the lead and those magic catches simply extended the lead to completely out of reach more quickly than a plethora of other avenues for doing so.

jcarp
12-27-2018, 10:46 AM
Chiefs will need some key interceptions and a bit of luck for the defense to not screw this up.

A team that hasn't stopped anyone all year does not suddenly start to do miraculous things.

Marcellus
12-27-2018, 10:47 AM
Kind of hard not be excited when you have the leauge MVP on your side and he is going to throw for 50/5000+.

Maybe my Mahomes love is clouding my negativity, but I am glad for it and kind f glad they have something to play for at home this weekend.

Gravedigger
12-27-2018, 10:47 AM
I thought about this, but noticed that we were 4-0 (3-0 with starters) heading into the postseason last year. We won 10 in a row entering the playoffs in 2015.
We won 5 of the last 6 entering the playoffs in 2016.

We’ve been on a roll the last few years and it has meant nothing. Maybe Andy realizes that and just wants our guys to be healthy when it matters.

Injuries have been a major part of our problem for postseason disaster.

Injuries for sure are the number one thing. I think that if we get the bye, which we should, it comes down to Andy. If he loses; confidence really starts to wane from the fan base, which will eventually result in Clark losing confidence in his ability to be more than a spectacular regular season coach. If he wins; fanbase is rejuvenated, hopefully he makes a run, and we see that he is capable of progress, and to adapt his gameplan accordingly instead of falling into the same traps with clock management, playcalling late in games etc. We hope for a Superbowl, but we expect progress for Andy to get us back to a AFC Championship Game.

Baby Lee
12-27-2018, 10:48 AM
I said it before, Wilson played a perfect game, I mean lights out badass perfect. That along with 2 stupid turnovers they gained, they still barely beat us at their place.

Chargers got a miracle 4 minutes with some stupid defense and help from the refs and a 2 pointer to win at the very end.

We havent lost a game by more than 7 and that was Seattle, nothing close to a blowout all season.

Single score games are about 50/50, they caught up to us recently.

:shrug:

Yea Im worried about the defense but I have faith in Mahomes, and playing at home.

Hey!! You know, we haven't been 'blown out' in the playoffs since what, the Chargers in 92!!

Halfcan
12-27-2018, 10:48 AM
The Chargers just got pummeled by the Ravens. The Colts just got done scoring zero points.

This- and the Texan's D. could not hold a lead against a backup QB.

Texan's are a complete team but when you look at who they have beat- not too impressive.

jcarp
12-27-2018, 10:50 AM
This- and the Texan's D. could not hold a lead against a backup QB.

Texan's are a complete team but when you look at who they have beat- not too impressive.

This is why it is unfortunately probably going to be the Patriots again - snore!

Baby Lee
12-27-2018, 10:50 AM
Kind of hard not be excited when you have the leauge MVP on your side and he is going to throw for 50/5000+.

Maybe my Mahomes love is clouding my negativity, but I am glad for it and kind f glad they have something to play for at home this weekend.

By all rights, Mahomes' performance should have us positioned like the 90s Cowboys. That's my point. We're closer to the 90s Vikings or the 00s Lions.

And I've been warning of this danger since last January at least, and people dismiss it as 'Alex love.' Seemingly out of an impulse to reject the reality with vitriol as opposed to any objective truth.

jcarp
12-27-2018, 10:52 AM
By all rights, Mahomes' performance should have us positioned like the 90s Cowboys. That's my point. We're closer to the 90s Vikings or the 00s Lions.

Yes, with just a mediocre defense, the Chiefs would be DOMINATING.

But the defense is dead last! How unfortunate.

jcarp
12-27-2018, 10:53 AM
So obvious that Sutton should have been replaced at season start.

jcarp
12-27-2018, 10:55 AM
If Benjamin is in the game plan at all, the offense will also stumble on a couple key dropped passes.

Marcellus
12-27-2018, 10:59 AM
Hey!! You know, we haven't been 'blown out' in the playoffs since what, the Chargers in 92!!

The relevance of this post does not exist.

htismaqe
12-27-2018, 11:09 AM
Those might have been 'magic' but the Seahawks weren't RELYING on that magic. They already had the lead and those magic catches simply extended the lead to completely out of reach more quickly than a plethora of other avenues for doing so.

They’ve been relying on it for WEEKS which is how they ended up losing to the 49ers.

Marcellus
12-27-2018, 11:10 AM

And I've been warning of this danger since last January at least, and people dismiss it as 'Alex love.' Seemingly out of an impulse to reject the reality with vitriol as opposed to any objective truth.

You warned us that Mahomes was going to be the MVP and our defense would be 31st in the leauge?

htismaqe
12-27-2018, 11:10 AM
What a load of bullshit. There's a difference between 'liking' Alex Smith, and declining to hate him with every fiber of my being and blaming the shortcomings of the entire franchise and its entire history on his shoulders.

I liked Alex more than Cassel or Palko, Huard, Thigpen, Croyle, Bono, Krieg, Deberg, Blackledge, etc. etc., but that's a fairly low bar. I've liked Mahomes earlier and more ardently than most and never had qualms about his replacing Alex. My concern has been the turn in franchise assessment, from 'we're a leviathan held back by one player' to 'hey! everyone kind of sucks'

My mantra remains simple 'it's a team game.'

Yeah that’s why you continually make back-handed “winning the right way” remarks. I’m not fooled.

Marcellus
12-27-2018, 11:12 AM
They’ve been relying on it for WEEKS which is how they ended up losing to the 49ers.

2 teams in the NFL have a 3 game win streak going into this weekend. The Saints and the Bears who have both lost games to questionable teams this season.

We have lost to 4 playoff teams by 14 total points.

htismaqe
12-27-2018, 11:13 AM
2 teams in the NFL have a 3 game win streak going into this weekend. The Saints and the Bears who have both lost games to questionable teams this season.

DOOMED!

Chiefnj2
12-27-2018, 11:21 AM
They might not be backing into the playoffs, but they surely are limping in.

O.city
12-27-2018, 11:23 AM

You could also say that the Chiefs haven't beaten many playoff teams.

They beat the CHargers and the Ravens and lost to the Rams, Pats, Seahawks and Chargers.

2-4 against playoff teams this year isn't ideal.

htismaqe
12-27-2018, 11:26 AM
You could also say that the Chiefs haven't beaten many playoff teams.

They beat the CHargers and the Ravens and lost to the Rams, Pats, Seahawks and Chargers.

2-4 against playoff teams this year isn't ideal.

They also haven’t lost to the Dolphins, Raiders, 49ers, or Jets as other “playoff” teams have, off the top of my head.

O.city
12-27-2018, 11:34 AM
They also haven’t lost to the Dolphins, Raiders, 49ers, or Jets as other “playoff” teams have, off the top of my head.

Sure.

But they won't be playing those teams in the playoffs and they teams they will be playing, they've had some struggles with.

The Chiefs have definitely done their part and beat the teams they should, which is what good teams do or should do. There will always be an occasional blunder, every team seems to have those.

The Chiefs have avoided that this year for sure, which has been huge.

CupidStunt
12-27-2018, 12:04 PM
When that first playoff game kicks off, I will be my usual child-like, uncontrollable ball of excitement. That's the powerful hold the Chiefs have over me. But if I'm honest, I'm expecting to lose, and the pain of losing is much greater the higher my expectations are and the more I invest into it beforehand, so I'm not going to build it up even more in my mind over the next couple weeks.

I've been as positive as anyone for the most part, dismissing the defense's problems and putting all my trust in Mahomes, and I still feel that way in the long-term, but for this season I believe I was wrong on a few different counts.

The worst part is trying to understand which team we are: the one from September? The one from the Pats or Rams games? The one from December?

My main conclusion is that we're a team with VERY defined "win conditions." We basically need Mahomes to play his A game. Even if we get his B or B+, that's going to involve turnovers or some 3-and-outs or enough critical plays here or there, which the rest of our team simply won't overcome. Indeed that's why he's so obviously the MVP. The Saints can EASILY overcome a day when Brees shits the bed. On the other hand, they can also overcome when the D shits the bed, or when the running game isn't going. We simply can't win games in those different ways.

A healthy Watkins and a healthier OL go a long way to helping Mahomes produce his A game. At this point, that's the hope at the back of my mind, that having our best possible lineup out there greases all the cogs just enough that the machine gets back to what it once was. And we beat a team like the Chargers or Colts 35-31.

-King-
12-27-2018, 12:04 PM
Sure.

But they won't be playing those teams in the playoffs and they teams they will be playing, they've had some struggles with.

The Chiefs have definitely done their part and beat the teams they should, which is what good teams do or should do. There will always be an occasional blunder, every team seems to have those.

The Chiefs have avoided that this year for sure, which has been huge.

So it would be better if they would have lost to non playoff teams than the playoff teams they did lose to? That makes absolutely no sense.

O.city
12-27-2018, 12:09 PM
So it would be better if they would have lost to non playoff teams than the playoff teams they did lose to? That makes absolutely no sense.

Yeah, because you could contribute that to just having an off day or something weird rather than losing to the better teams and beating bottom feeders.

The Chiefs did the same thing in 2013 and everyone thought they were paper tigers.

-King-
12-27-2018, 12:17 PM
Yeah, because you could contribute that to just having an off day or something weird rather than losing to the better teams and beating bottom feeders.

The Chiefs did the same thing in 2013 and everyone thought they were paper tigers.

I'd rather they have off days and barely lose to playoff teams than have off days and lose to losing teams.

TwistedChief
12-27-2018, 12:21 PM
I've been as positive as anyone for the most part, dismissing the defense's problems and putting all my trust in Mahomes, and I still feel that way in the long-term, but for this season I believe I was wrong on a few different counts.

Aw, man. You've been one of my favorites the entire season with the "Because Mahomes" trump card played in every argument, and now you're returning to reality? That's no fun. Live a little. (Blindly) believe.........

Marcellus
12-27-2018, 12:56 PM
I'd rather they have off days and barely lose to playoff teams than have off days and lose to losing teams.

This^^^

I get it, some people just cant be posotive. No matter what, whatever the Chiefs have done its not good enough and every loss is worse than every other teams loss.

What an unfortunate mindset to live with. We have the best QB in the NFL for the first time ever and people still want to pick at scabs until they bleed.

CupidStunt
12-27-2018, 01:14 PM
Aw, man. You've been one of my favorites the entire season with the "Because Mahomes" trump card played in every argument, and now you're returning to reality? That's no fun. Live a little. (Blindly) believe.........

:D

It will be better if I'm wrong and happy than right and sad.

Mahomes!

Baby Lee
12-27-2018, 01:22 PM
Yeah that’s why you continually make back-handed “winning the right way” remarks. I’m not fooled.

Fuck you. Seriously. I've never said 'winning the right way.' That's a lie. . . . But to be expected.

Baby Lee
12-27-2018, 01:26 PM
This^^^

I get it, some people just cant be posotive. No matter what, whatever the Chiefs have done its not good enough and every loss is worse than every other teams loss.

What an unfortunate mindset to live with. We have the best QB in the NFL for the first time ever and people still want to pick at scabs until they bleed.

That's fine, so long as you lot are honest that this was the ONLY thing you ever really wanted, . . . and a lot of regular season 'excitement.' And all the bellyaching that 'anything short of a championship was a failure' was just window dressing and fan shaming.

O.city
12-27-2018, 01:27 PM
This^^^

They also have the worst defense in the NFL, one in which has been shown to be bad enough even our QB can't overcome.

And that's bad. Cause he's good.

RunKC
12-27-2018, 01:44 PM
This^^^

Our wounds have not healed in 25 years. That’s the last time this team has won a home playoff game, no less beat a real team with a real QB; not Brian freaking Hoyer.

This team has been soft on defense ever since Andy was hired. Again (Colts) and again (Patriots) and again (Titans) this defense has been bullied, they’ve been putwitted and they’ve given up leads in historical fashion.

This offseason this franchise touted bullshit to us. Veach said we would get new players and even players like Ragland preaching “we gonna stop that run this year.”

This defense has failed again several times this season. Patriots, Rams, Chargers, Seahawks. They’ve failed against good teams, and no I don’t care about making Bortles, Keenum, etc look bad bc they suck. They aren’t playoff caliber.

The truth is that if this defense is counted on in any way, it’s going to likely fail. Mahomes doesn’t change that, which is the saddest part of all. If we don’t have the ball last in a tight game we’ll lose.

We are all just sick of Andy ignoring the real problem.

ptlyon
12-27-2018, 01:46 PM
Our wounds have not healed in 25 years. That’s the last time this team has won a home playoff game, no less beat a real team with a real QB; not Brian freaking Hoyer.

This team has been soft on defense ever since Andy was hired. Again (Colts) and again (Patriots) and again (Titans) this defense has been bullied, they’ve been putwitted and they’ve given up leads in historical fashion.

This offseason this franchise touted bullshit to us. Veach said we would get new players and even players like Ragland preaching “we gonna stop that run this year.”

This defense has failed again several times this season. Patriots, Rams, Chargers, Seahawks. They’ve failed against good teams, and no I don’t care about making Bortles, Keenum, etc look bad bc they suck. They aren’t playoff caliber.

The truth is that if this defense is counted on in any way, it’s going to likely fail. Mahomes doesn’t change that, which is the saddest part of all. If we don’t have the ball last in a tight game we’ll lose.

We are all just sick of Andy ignoring the real problem and habinf

Was that on your word of the day calender, Bull?

FAX
12-27-2018, 01:46 PM
This is a fascinating thread thing. I can't say for sure, but I think I'm glad I don't read very well.

Every team has an identity and I think I knew what ours was before we lost our RB and injuries affected the o-line and the WR group. Now I don't know what we are.

Are we a team that loses in super-clutch situations? Maybe. Are we a team that folds late in the season? Perhaps. Are we a team that can absorb consecutive tough losses against good teams and bounce back? I don't actually know. But we're going to find out.

It could be that we locked up a playoff berth too soon or something, but I doubt that's the issue here. To me, this team's story will be written on Sunday. Gruden loves the limelight and wants to kick our ass to prove his doubters wrong. The faid have nothing to lose and Wally believes in playing the long game. Which approach is better on one, single day in December?

Kelce and Tyreek have the best chance they've had so far to make a statement. I can't wait to find out what they say.

FAX

-King-
12-27-2018, 01:47 PM

We are all just sick of Andy ignoring the real problem and habinf

I thought the real problem was Alex Smith? 1 year into the Mahomes era and we've already moved into a new real problem Andy is ignoring.

R Clark
12-27-2018, 01:47 PM
It's like we can never have a complete team . No offence to speak of during the Marty years no DEFENCE during dicks time . Now Reid can't get a balanced team together

Marcellus
12-27-2018, 01:53 PM
I thought the real problem was Alex Smith? 1 year into the Mahomes era and we've already moved into a new real problem Andy is ignoring.

Bam.

FAX
12-27-2018, 01:55 PM

Not exactly, my friend.

We also knew that we had talent issues on defense. DJ couldn't run anymore. Zombo was a Zombie. Our d-backs were liabilities (in a variety of ways). We had problems all over the damn place.

The popular opinion seemed to be that Sutton was the problem ... and if he was drafting guys or selecting free-agents, I would have agreed.

This team was at least 2 to 3 years away. We're closer now. But that all depends on Veach. So far, I am sorely unimpressed with his player evaluations and decisions, to be honest.

I have a question, though ... who chooses the position coaches? Is it the HC? The coordinator? Does Veach let his fingers do the walking through the want-ads? I mean, damn.

FAX

O.city
12-27-2018, 01:56 PM
Alex was the problem in 15 and 16 when the defense was at it's best.

It got old and wasn't rebuilt right.

RunKC
12-27-2018, 01:57 PM

Who wanted and relied on Alex? Who has been loyal to Bob Sutton despite the same failure over and over every year for 5 years?

The source of the problem is Andy.

If he can get rid of Alex for holding this team back for so long, why not Sutton? Why wasn’t he fired last year after another historic embarrassment?

Bearcat
12-27-2018, 01:58 PM

Yes, Alex Smith was the real problem... and that problem was not being competitive in mid-January and beyond against the teams with franchise QBs.

Now they have a franchise QB, the problem changes... they'll most likely be able to rack up regular season wins and be competitive against those other franchise QBs deep into the playoffs every season. The new 'real problem' is this franchise QB will be playing against other franchise QBs, so other factors come into play, like having the worst defense in the league.

And that's not "finding something to complain about"... that's just the truth of the matter. It's great knowing they could/should be competitive deep into the playoffs most years... it's all I've ever asked for.... and instead of hoping the team around a mediocre QB is good enough despite that QB, they'll at least be in pretty much every game they play, and have a better shot at winning a SB than ever before.
FFS, think if they had just the 20th ranked defense, much less one that was mediocre.

RunKC
12-27-2018, 02:00 PM

I love Mahomes too, but it’s not likely for him to take this team all the way by himself.

Go watch the Packers from 2011-2016. They had a god QB and it still didn’t matter.

RaidersOftheCellar
12-27-2018, 02:26 PM
They also have the worst defense in the NFL, one in which has been shown to be bad enough even our QB can't overcome.

And that's bad. Cause he's good.

Can't overcome? They are positioned for the 1 seed in the conference, right?

notorious
12-27-2018, 02:46 PM
It's like we can never have a complete team . No offence to speak of during the Marty years no DEFENCE during dicks time . Now Reid can't get a balanced team together

If you really want to open some scars, look into 1997.

Top 5 in offense and defense.

Yeah, that hurts.

BWillie
12-27-2018, 03:15 PM
Overreaction.

We have the best path of any AFC team.
We won't have to play the Chargers until the AFC Title game - and even if the Chargers are the best team - they have to go on the road and win before they even get a shot at the Chiefs.
Ware & Williams have looked fantastic - aside from the fumbles.
We HAVE Eric Berry back.
We will have LDT back.
We will have Watkins back.

If we lose to Oakland - then I'd be worried. But not now. We are still the favorite to get to the Super Bowl out of the AFC. That still means we PROBABLY won't make it - but still we have the best odds.

Spott
12-27-2018, 03:44 PM
Overreaction.

We have the best path of any AFC team.
We won't have to play the Chargers until the AFC Title game - and even if the Chargers are the best team - they have to go on the road and win before they even get a shot at the Chiefs.
Ware & Williams have looked fantastic - aside from the fumbles.
We HAVE Eric Berry back.
We will have LDT back.
We will have Watkins back.

If we lose to Oakland - then I'd be worried. But not now. We are still the favorite to get to the Super Bowl out of the AFC. That still means we PROBABLY won't make it - but still we have the best odds.

If we are the one seed, there's a very good chance we'd play San Diego in the divisional round because we would be playing the lowest seeded team from the wildcard games. But I'd rather play them than Baltimore and feel fairly confident we'd wax them in Arrowhead.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-27-2018, 05:14 PM
With Watkins and LDT back for the playoffs and having not lost any other major contributors this week, I’d like our chances to get the home playoff monkey off of our backs.

Also, whoever KC may play in the divisional round could very well limp into Arrowhead with problems because of not having a bye. Thinking back to 2015 when KC went to NE banged up so badly.

They HAVE to win Sunday to have any chance IMO.

Halfcan
12-27-2018, 08:42 PM
With Watkins and LDT back for the playoffs and having not lost any other major contributors this week, I’d like our chances to get the home playoff monkey off of our backs.

Also, whoever KC may play in the divisional round could very well limp into Arrowhead with problems because of not having a bye. Thinking back to 2015 when KC went to NE banged up so badly.

There is a 0 percent chance Mahomes is going to let his team lose at home this weekend.

Even if the D. can't seem to get motivated to tackle again- our offense is going to maul them.

greg63
12-27-2018, 10:54 PM
There is a 0 percent chance Mahomes is going to let his team lose at home this weekend.

Even if the D. can't seem to get motivated to tackle again- our offense is going to maul them.

I think we'll definitely need to out gun them because I don't see our defense doing much to preserve a lead with the game on the line.

Titty Meat
12-27-2018, 10:56 PM

Hopefully LDT isnt as rusty coming back as Morse hes badly needed the interior has gotten whooped since AZ game

Hammock Parties
12-27-2018, 11:02 PM
Sorry but I don't want to play San Diego again.

The only reason they didn't sweep us this year was dropped passes.

Their defense has held Mahomes to his two lowest season totals for passing yards, too.

And they'd have Gordon back.

Do not want.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-27-2018, 11:07 PM
Sorry but I don't want to play San Diego again.

The only reason they didn't sweep us this year was dropped passes.

Their defense has held Mahomes to his two lowest season totals for passing yards, too.

And they'd have Gordon back.

Do not want.

Bullshit.

They scored a TD on one of the drives that they dropped a big pass in the first game. They’ve led for all of 4 SECONDS in 60 total minutes of play against KC.

I could just as easily say that the only reason KC didn’t sweep LA is because Berry came out for the 2nd half. So that’s goofy.

We’d likely have LDT, Erving, and Watkins back. This goes both ways.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-27-2018, 11:08 PM
I’m not sure it was mentioned much but I was pleasantly surprised to see that Jordan Lucas was the third safety last Sunday, ahead of Murray.

O.city
12-27-2018, 11:15 PM
Why are you guys so sure Watkins is coming back and will actually make any difference? He’s in a boot, I’m guessing that’s not ideal

pugsnotdrugs19
12-27-2018, 11:21 PM
Why are you guys so sure Watkins is coming back and will actually make any difference? He’s in a boot, I’m guessing that’s not ideal

Andy said yesterday he was in the boot and is not anymore. Then, two separate football athletic trainers who have worked with NFL teams said that the boot was probably used to provide the best possible protection and healing stability. Reid even stated that it was for preventative measures. ProFootballDoc assumed that the rumored plan to play in the playoffs was likely true.

Will he stay healthy? Who the fuck knows. But by all indications the plan is for him to get ready to play in the playoffs.

Sassy Squatch
12-27-2018, 11:23 PM
Maybe he should switch to pretty pink princess slippers. Dude has the daintiest feet I've ever seen an NFL player have. A stiff breeze the wrong way and his feet just disintegrate.