PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Overreaction Planet

Mr. Flopnuts
12-23-2018, 11:32 PM
Same as it ever was. The magic is definitely over though. I'll take whatever gravy this rebuild year has left to offer.

EPodolak
12-23-2018, 11:34 PM
Agreed. I thought there was consensus before the season we were at least a year away. I certainly believed that then, still do.

In58men
12-23-2018, 11:34 PM
I’ll be sitting my fat ass on my couch thankful we have HFA.

I’m not even worried. We’re good. Pat has no fucking quit.

Eleazar
12-23-2018, 11:35 PM
How is this overreaction? It’s a proportionate reaction to what we’ve seen in recent weeks.

Mot of us have seen that the defense was trash all year and that the team wouldn’t go anywhere because of it. Now the homers are getting the picture.

Three7s
12-23-2018, 11:36 PM
It's not about whether we're a "year away" anymore or not. Mahomes is having a year that is rarely ever had by any QBs in history and this team is going to waste it. That's what me and many others are angry about more than anything. You can't take stuff like this for granted.

Chiefs4TheWin
12-23-2018, 11:36 PM
They won too many games dangit. I had us at 8-8. Now I'm sad we have this offensive machine, and this defense is going to ruin the season.

NJChiefsFan
12-23-2018, 11:37 PM
Same as it ever was. The magic is definitely over though. I'll take whatever gravy this rebuild year has left to offer.

As far as the rebuild goes, what other than the QB position is young and likely to progress thanks to this season? Everything that needed fixing last May needs fixing now.

Sofa King
12-23-2018, 11:37 PM
Seems like an appropriate response really.

Chiefs4TheWin
12-23-2018, 11:38 PM
It's not about whether we're a "year away" anymore or not. Mahomes is having a year that is rarely ever had by any QBs in history and this team is going to waste it. That's what me and many others are angry about more than anything. You can't take stuff like this for granted.

Pretend I put a picture of Morgan Freeman saying "He's right you know" in this post.

Iowanian
Winning the division. One win from home field advantage....first year starting franchise QB who will have 50tds.

Bitches melting here like frosty the snow man in Florida.

The real pain does t start until the AFC Championship game....or maybe against the saints.

chiefzilla1501

It's not an overreaction to be pissed off at the shitty defensive coordinator even the homeriest of Homers demanded to be fired blowing yet another win.

Today, we lost a guaranteed playoff spot, a chance to take it easy week 17, and we lost mahomes an mvp. All while showing we are a severe liability.

And maybe veachs guys show in the playoffs... Our only hope is for our $18m wr to get healthy. Other than that, our offseason was a total and complete bust

Those aren't overreactions. Barring some miracle, that's fact.

In58men
12-23-2018, 11:39 PM
Reid said he wanted to see the younger guys on defense??

I mean, I feel like he’s trying make it better or he’s taking over Suttons job.

I’m stoked about the direction we’re headed

smithandrew051
12-23-2018, 11:39 PM
I get that the D sucks and will likely be our downfall.

I just don’t get what AFC team doesn’t have some sort of Achilles. We know that, at worst, we’ll be in a one possession game with the better QB (and likely homefield) in any AFC playoff game.

The Pats don’t look like the Pats. Houston is balanced, but I wouldn’t say they’re great at anything. The Steelers aren’t the Steelers this year. If we win next week, the Chargers would have to travel for 4 straight weeks to make the Super Bowl. The Ravens can’t throw consistently.

I don’t see a team in the AFC that should definitively feel better about their Super Bowl odds if we end up with the 1 seed.

prhom
12-23-2018, 11:41 PM
You really aren’t disappointed that we dropped a chance to clinch HFA and take week 17 off?! And we did it in a way that only reinforces the known weakness of the team all season and explored by the last three teams we played losing 2 of 3? What could we possible have to overreact to?!

bdj23
12-23-2018, 11:42 PM
I like you flop, but comon' man. We haven't been to a Superbowl since 1969, we have won 1 playoff game in 20 years. This franchise, despite mahomes, deserves every bit of criticism heaped on it.

Why Not?
12-23-2018, 11:42 PM

I just don’t get what AFC team doesn’t have some sort of Achilles. We know that, at worst, we’ll be in a one possession game with the better QB (and likely homefield) in any AFC playoff game.

The Pats don’t look like the Pats. Houston is balanced, but I wouldn’t say they’re great at anything. The Steelers aren’t the Steelers this year. If we win next week, the Chargers would have to travel for 4 straight weeks to make the Super Bowl. The Ravens can’t throw consistently.

I don’t see a team in the AFC that should definitively feel better about their Super Bowl odds if we end up with the 1 seed.

I'll tell you one thing the other AFC playoff teams have in common, everyone of them has a better defense than we do.

prhom
12-23-2018, 11:43 PM

Dunno, if I’m any AFC team in the playoffs, I’m not scared to travel to KC in the least.

Randallflagg
It's not an overreaction to be pissed off at the shitty defensive coordinator even the homeriest of Homers demanded to be fired blowing yet another win.

Today, we lost a guaranteed playoff spot, a chance to take it easy week 17, and we lost mahomes an mvp. All while showing we are a severe liability.

And maybe veachs guys show in the playoffs... Our only hope is for our $18m wr to get healthy. Other than that, our offseason was a total and complete bust

Those aren't overreactions. Barring some miracle, that's fact.

I have often thought that this "resting" pf players is a bunch of crap. They had what? 10 days from Los Angeles till tonight. Tell me - did they look crisp to anyone?

Sutton MUST go....that much is crystal clear. Half the starters on D must go.

If, during the off season, this isn't addressed - get ready for the same next year. Damned shame, but there it is.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

KC_Connection

If the Chiefs win next week, they are going to be the odds-on favorite to make the SB. Probably by a fair margin over the Pats as well. These last two weeks are largely meaningless.

dirk digler
12-23-2018, 11:44 PM
How is this overreaction? It’s a proportionate reaction to what we’ve seen in recent weeks.

Mot of us have seen that the defense was trash all year and that the team wouldn’t go anywhere because of it. Now the homers are getting the picture.

This is true but the way Mahomes has played changed alot of people's expectations. Also I would hate to waste this opportunity with the Pats and Steelers sucking ass.

chiefzilla1501
12-23-2018, 11:44 PM

I can deal with the talent issue.

But everyone and their mother knew Sutton was a problem. We had an Achilles and our team decided to let him coach another season

smithandrew051
12-23-2018, 11:46 PM
Dunno, if I’m any AFC team in the playoffs, I’m not scared to travel to KC in the least.

The bigger part of the 1 seed is getting the bye, which immediately increases your odds, and not having to travel.

The home crowd can help, but I think not having to travel is the bigger deal.

Eleazar
12-23-2018, 11:46 PM
If the Chiefs win next week, they are going to be the odds-on favorite to make the SB. Probably by a fair margin over the Pats as well. These last two weeks are largely meaningless.

ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-23-2018, 11:48 PM
This is true but the way Mahomes has played changed alot of people's expectations. Also I would hate to waste this opportunity with the Pats and Steelers sucking ass.

The people who should be worried about time and waste are the Steelers and Patriots, not the Chiefs.

Brady is a cunt hair away from being totally washed and Roethlisberger is looking more like Seabass every day.

Veach should have been far more aggressive earlier in the year once it was clear that Mahomes was for real--trading for Earl Thomas to solidify the backfield and signing Eric Reid.

The Chiefs have the most important position in sports solidified for the next 10-15 years. It's gonna be okay.

smithandrew051
12-23-2018, 11:48 PM
I'll tell you one thing the other AFC playoff teams have in common, everyone of them has a better defense than we do.

We’ll have the better QB, homefield, and have to play one fewer game though.

While we’re worse in one area, we have advantages in others.

Chiefshrink
12-23-2018, 11:49 PM

You better hope the Titans/Ravens don't advance because they are the Hags of the AFC. Run the ball down your throat chewing the clock up. And especially the Titans who have beat us now 2wice in our house with one of those victories in a playoff win in Arrowhead. Yes we have the PM2 factor BUT......you get my point.

smithandrew051
12-23-2018, 11:49 PM
ROFL

If you disagree that the Chiefs as the one seed are the favorite to make the Super Bowl, then who do you believe is the favorite?

Iowanian
12-23-2018, 11:50 PM
The Chiefs have lost 4 games. They were within a FG of winning 3 of those.....all of the losses are against division winners and playoff teams. They haven't lost to a bad team yet and they haven't truly had their ass kicked this season.

My GOD. Many fans would have sold one of their children to have a season like this one any year since 2003.

Chiefshrink
12-23-2018, 11:57 PM
We’ll have the better QB, homefield, and have to play one fewer game though.

While we’re worse in one area, we have advantages in others.

Even with homefield advantage Mahomes has to be almost perfect on every possession, that is how bad our LBs/2ndary are at this point. Perfect meaning scoring a touchdown 80 to 90% of all our possessions.

Like tonight when Dickerson dropped kicked out of bounds giving us the ball at our 40 - what a wasted possession 3 and out. Sure Williams fumbled and cost us a TD but we can overcome that the majority of the time but we do not have the luxury of expecting Pat to be perfect on every possession with the defense we have but now he is in that position. He is human. What I worry going forward for Pat in these playoffs, is that he will start forcing more than he should because he knows he doesn't have any support from our D thus creating turnovers as opposed to TDs.

smithandrew051
12-24-2018, 12:00 AM
Even with homefield advantage Mahomes has to be almost perfect on every possession, that is how bad our LBs/2ndary are at this point. Perfect meaning scoring a touchdown 80 to 90% of all our possessions.

Like tonight when Dickerson dropped kicked out of bounds giving us the ball at our 40 - what a wasted possession 3 and out. Sure Williams fumbled and cost us a TD but we can overcome that the majority of the time but we do not have the luxury of expecting Pat to be perfect on every possession with the defense we have but now he is in that position. He is human. What I worry going forward for Pat in these playoffs, is that he will start forcing more than he should because he knows he doesn't have any support from our D thus creating turnovers as opposed to TDs.

So let me ask you this. Which team would you rather switch situations with?

Whose team, record, coaches, etc would you rather have in the AFC right now than ours?

jerryaldini
12-24-2018, 12:01 AM
Overreaction Planet indeed. Chiefs still easily the favorite to make the SB. Get healthy take a week off and roll through the Ravens and Pats. Will be fun to see the turnaround by the pessimists on this site.

dirk digler
12-24-2018, 12:01 AM
The people who should be worried about time and waste are the Steelers and Patriots, not the Chiefs.

Brady is a cunt hair away from being totally washed and Roethlisberger is looking more like Seabass every day.

Veach should have been far more aggressive earlier in the year once it was clear that Mahomes was for real--trading for Earl Thomas to solidify the backfield and signing Eric Reid.

The Chiefs have the most important position in sports solidified for the next 10-15 years. It's gonna be okay.

I am not disagreeing I just feel we have a wide open window right now to get to the SB and would hate to waste it but we probably will. Thankfully as you pointed out Mahomes is young and we have time.

Chiefshrink
12-24-2018, 12:11 AM
The Chiefs have lost 4 games. They were within a FG of winning 3 of those.....all of the losses are against division winners and playoff teams. They haven't lost to a bad team yet and they haven't truly had their ass kicked this season.

My GOD. Many fans would have sold one of their children to have a season like this one any year since 2003.

Fair point but you can see our D has literally no confidence whatsoever out there especially playing good teams with good QBs that "have" beat us because well they are good on both sides of the ball where we are NOT.

I wasn't holding my breath tonight and I darn sure will not be during this playoff run which could very well be a short one. Am I ecstatic about the fact we are going to be the No.1 seed and watching PM2 win the MVP ? Absolutely !!! But I am also realistic and temper my emotions based on what I see. And I will admit it is very difficult to do because I am just as excited as everyone else.

Some say defenses are overrated in the playoffs when winning championships. I can remember really only one team who won with a mediocre defense with the "greatest show on turf" and that was doable because they just needed mediocrity out of their defense to create just enough stops for the Rams to win the possession game. Our defense isn't even close to mediocrity for that to happen and to your point about why we can't win big games against big teams even with PM2 as our QB.

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2018, 12:15 AM

The Chiefs also lost three of 4 games where our defense didn't make a stop on the last possession we needed them to.

A few years ago we were winning a shitload of games on a lucky turnover bounce.

Our D flat out can't close games. That is a huge concern especially in a playoff where most qbs are at their absolute best.

Chiefshrink
12-24-2018, 12:19 AM
So let me ask you this. Which team would you rather switch situations with?

Whose team, record, coaches, etc would you rather have in the AFC right now than ours?

I would keep our same offense obviously and either desire the Titans or Ravens D. That would be the ideal team that could beat anybody. But you are asking hypotheticals here. I assure you the Titans/Ravens do no fear Arrowhead or Mahomes and throw in the Colts as well. But I think no one here on CP is asking our defense to perform like those teams because it is clear they do not have the talent but at least play mediocre so we can win the possession game.

Chiefshrink
12-24-2018, 12:22 AM
A few years ago we were winning a shitload of games on a lucky turnover bounce.

I would add also we were very good in the red zone forcing FGs as opposed to TDs there for a few years. That slipped last year and very dramatically this year.

TEX
12-24-2018, 12:30 AM
I am not disagreeing I just feel we have a wide open window right now to get to the SB and would hate to waste it but we probably will. Thankfully as you pointed out Mahomes is young and we have time.

Dolphin fans said that about Dan Marino. Time is now.

smithandrew051
12-24-2018, 12:31 AM
I would keep our same offense obviously and either desire the Titans or Ravens D. That would be the ideal team that could beat anybody. But you are asking hypotheticals here. I assure you the Titans/Ravens do no fear Arrowhead or Mahomes and throw in the Colts as well. But I think no one here on CP is asking our defense to perform like those teams because it is clear they do not have the talent but at least play mediocre so we can win the possession game.

You conpletely dodged that question.

I’m not asking about how you would assemble a team. Given every AFC’s team entire current situation, which one would you rather have?

Would you rather have the Patriots entire situation? Colts? Texans? Someone else?

MMXcalibur
12-24-2018, 12:33 AM
I want to be excited for Mahomes making a playoff run with the #1 seed and HFA......but the ghosts of playoff's past and the disgusting defense we have keeps my guard up.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-24-2018, 12:35 AM
I want to be excited for Mahomes making a playoff run with the #1 seed and HFA......but the ghosts of playoff's past and the disgusting defense we have keeps my guard up.

Don’t let it down. They are going in dry.

Hammock Parties
12-24-2018, 12:59 AM
I just want a home playoff win.

That's all I ask for.

I can't take another loss.

Bump
12-24-2018, 01:06 AM
We can overcome these refs or our shit defense, but not both at the same time.