PDA

View Full Version : News Another Shooting at Oak Park Mall

Titty Meat
12-26-2018, 08:54 PM
JoCo wanted to get more progressive they got it!

https://fox4kc.com/2018/12/26/police-investigating-report-of-shots-fired-at-oak-park-mall-in-overland-park/

ClarkGriswold
12-26-2018, 08:56 PM

Makes you miss the fun at Bannister Mall.

Titty Meat
12-26-2018, 08:58 PM

Makes you miss the fun at Bannister Mall.

It's just empty land now right?

Bowser
12-26-2018, 09:25 PM
There was also a shooting in a Hy-Vee parking lot in the Northland today. Everybody is stressed the F out from the holidays.

gblowfish
12-26-2018, 09:40 PM
Oak Park Mall is about four blocks from where I work.

GloryDayz
12-26-2018, 09:48 PM
It's just empty land now right?

Nope, it's a huge Cerner campus now.

Rain Man
12-26-2018, 10:05 PM

Duck.

GloryDayz
12-26-2018, 10:10 PM

Do you even Kevlar dude? LMAO :)

Sounds like you can claim the sniper fire thing now and get some HDP...

threebag
12-26-2018, 10:11 PM
There was also a shooting in a Hy-Vee parking lot in the Northland today. Everybody is stressed the F out from the holidays.

Chiefs Defense and Haglunds has everyone on edge

smithandrew051
12-26-2018, 10:31 PM
Chiefs Defense and Haglunds has everyone on edge

A fairly prominent KCMO elected official told me through work that calls to the police in KC significantly decrease after a Chiefs win.

Sure-Oz
@arothfield: Just got the last update of the night from @OverlandPark_PD: two cars struck, many shell casings on the ground. Detectives are downloading and looking through surveillance video as we speak @41actionnews and https://twitter.com/arothfield/status/1078144707488829441/photo/1

Sure-Oz
@OPPD_PIO: In reference to the shooting at Oak Park Mall, at this time we do not have a victim nor a suspect. We have recovered several gun casing in the northeast parking lot. All stores are on lockdown until officers clear each store.

stevieray
12-26-2018, 10:32 PM

64th?

carcosa
12-26-2018, 10:51 PM

what does this mean

Why Not?
12-26-2018, 10:55 PM
It's because I'm in town. I bring out the worst in people.

saphojunkie
12-26-2018, 11:11 PM
what does this mean

By “progressive” they mean “welcoming of different cultures, aka dark people.”

They assume this crime was done by dark skinned people and things would be better if OP were just whites like the good old days.

GloryDayz
12-26-2018, 11:20 PM

They assume this crime was done by dark skinned people and things would be better if OP were just whites like the good old days.So far you're the only one to suggest race.

You racist.

Sent from my 9+ using Tapatalk

HonestChieffan
12-26-2018, 11:22 PM
Currently there is no blood, no suspect and no victim.....per kctv5

digger
12-26-2018, 11:25 PM

They assume this crime was done by dark skinned people and things would be better if OP were just whites like the good old days.Keep your DC crap out of the lounge...

MVChiefFan
12-26-2018, 11:29 PM
Not trying to derail this thread, but it seems kind of related. My wife and I may be moving from Springfield to KC within the next few months. Now, I know I’m at risk of sounding like a bumpkin here, but is violence a legit concern in KC? The new job location would be downtown, is it pretty safe after all of the build up they’ve done?

I feel stupid asking because people from small southern MO towns always freak out thinking Springfield has turned into this murderous, violent, human trafficking cesspool. I always just roll my eyes at their ridiculous paranoia. So, now I worry that I’m sounding just like that. Lol

GloryDayz
12-26-2018, 11:51 PM
Not trying to derail this thread, but it seems kind of related. My wife and I may be moving from Springfield to KC within the next few months. Now, I know I’m at risk of sounding like a bumpkin here, but is violence a legit concern in KC? The new job location would be downtown, is it pretty safe after all of the build up they’ve done?

I feel stupid asking because people from small southern MO towns always freak out thinking Springfield has turned into this murderous, violent, human trafficking cesspool. I always just roll my eyes at their ridiculous paranoia. So, now I worry that I’m sounding just like that. LolIt's as safe as you'll find. JOCO just gets shit because they all but run the state.

Imon Yourside
12-26-2018, 11:52 PM

I live pretty close to it and here is some life saving information.

DON'T GET SHOT, umkay?

notorious
12-26-2018, 11:54 PM
It's because I'm in town. I bring out the worst in people.

Visit Bob Sutton’s neighborhood please.

Imon Yourside
12-26-2018, 11:56 PM

I feel stupid asking because people from small southern MO towns always freak out thinking Springfield has turned into this murderous, violent, human trafficking cesspool. I always just roll my eyes at their ridiculous paranoia. So, now I worry that I’m sounding just like that. Lol

I've lived in the heart of Overland Park all my life and have never encountered violence. Heard about it here and there, but most of the violence here is suicide.

kysirsoze
12-26-2018, 11:58 PM
Keep your DC crap out of the lounge...

I'm sure you meant to quote the OP. Easy mistake to make.

Demonpenz
12-27-2018, 01:36 AM
the violence is after 1 am or if you are into drugs in one way or another.

HemiEd
12-27-2018, 06:21 AM
Hey Pitt Gorrilla should this have a Mizzou logo?

DrunkBassGuitar
12-27-2018, 06:55 AM

no, JOCO is an affluent suburb of KC. the crime out here is white collar crime, not violent.

DrunkBassGuitar
12-27-2018, 06:55 AM
Hey Pitt Gorrilla should this have a Mizzou logo?

Why would it have a Mizzou logo? Columbia is in a different state and it's hours away.

Why Not?
12-27-2018, 07:32 AM
Visit Bob Sutton’s neighborhood please.

Lol. Get me an address.

Why Not?
12-27-2018, 07:35 AM

It's like anywhere in the world. With some obvious exceptions that can't be accounted for anywhere, if you're looking for trouble, you'll find it and if your not, you won't. I assume you and the Mrs. would be the later so there's nothing to worry about

Eleazar
12-27-2018, 07:53 AM
Why would it have a Mizzou logo? Columbia is in a different state and it's hours away.

Nobody has located Aqib Talib yet. He should at least be considered a suspect.

Prison Bitch
12-27-2018, 08:24 AM
This is why we need the Wall

jjjayb
12-27-2018, 09:13 AM
Dude probably shouldn't have taken the other guys parking spot.

Titty Meat
12-27-2018, 09:11 PM
This is why we need the Wall

How would the wall stop urban youths? Unless you're suggesting we hire them to build the wall. This would be more jobs created for them than your boy Sly James entire tenure as mayor.

Bowser
12-27-2018, 09:18 PM
64th?

Sorry, missed this.

The one at Englewood and N. Oak. Apparently nobody or nothing was hit, just a domestic dispute where the guy ended up firing rounds into the air. Some people just can't handle the holidays.

SAUTO
12-27-2018, 09:26 PM
I think he's asking about downtown.

I walk around there at night every time I'm in town.

BWillie
12-27-2018, 09:31 PM
Isn't it great that violent crime has been going down for two decades now? Pretty sweet. But we have the best way to perpetuate headlines than ever before. More outlets to tell everyone about how horrible stuff is.

cdcox
12-27-2018, 09:33 PM

I worked downtown from '78 to'83. I walked many blocks from free parking to my work, often in the dark. I never had any issues. There are dangerous parts of Kansas City, but they are not downtown.

Titty Meat
12-27-2018, 10:11 PM
Isn't it great that violent crime has been going down for two decades now? Pretty sweet. But we have the best way to perpetuate headlines than ever before. More outlets to tell everyone about how horrible stuff is.

This factually isnt true. Crime has gone up the past few years. Kansas City is 1 of 6 cities responsible for this.

Imon Yourside
12-27-2018, 10:18 PM
Nobody has located Aqib Talib yet. He should at least be considered a suspect.

What Ricky Clemons is still free?!?!?!

Randallflagg
12-28-2018, 10:16 AM
I live pretty close to it and here is some life saving information.

DON'T GET SHOT, umkay?

:thumb:

That's pretty good advice!! :)

Prison Bitch
12-28-2018, 10:22 AM

They assume this crime was done by dark skinned people and .

Is this the part we post the suspects picture, and you apologize for acting like a retard?

GloryDayz
12-28-2018, 03:12 PM
Is this the part we post the suspects picture, and you apologize for acting like a retard?

:hmmm:

mikeyis4dcats.
12-28-2018, 03:38 PM
This factually isnt true. Crime has gone up the past few years. Kansas City is 1 of 6 cities responsible for this.

overall crime rates ARE declining. Not sure about Kansas City in particular though.

He's correct in that the media and access to news makes it seem as though there is more crime than say a decade ago, but that is not true.

58-4ever
12-28-2018, 03:47 PM

and 1 block from where I live. ROFL

58-4ever
12-28-2018, 03:48 PM

Feel free to PM me. It is NOT a concern. I'd be more freaked out moving to Springfield.

58-4ever
12-28-2018, 03:50 PM

I wouldn't do that.. :hmmm:

Hog Rider
12-28-2018, 04:03 PM
I've heard about people shooting their computers, but ya gotta really be pissed off at your car to be filling it with lead(ed).

Imon Yourside
12-28-2018, 04:12 PM

Me too, can we meet up at the mall and shoot at each other? :)

Titty Meat
12-28-2018, 04:51 PM

No. Usually people victims of violent crime know eachother or affiliated with illegal activity. I'd still stay clear of places like Westport at 3am on the weekends in the summer chances are you might see some shit.

I live near the Plaza only a few blocks from Kansas. Break ins and theft is a pretty big problem in my area. If you live in the suburbs it's not nearly as bad.

HonestChieffan
12-28-2018, 10:27 PM
https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article223618710.html

Used to be a safe place and a nice mall. Once the downhill slide starts it is hard to stop. Bummer for Overland Park.

Prison Bitch
12-29-2018, 09:29 AM
So, the pics are in the link above

Will saphojunkie come back to the thread, and apologize for shamefully virtue-signaling ?

kysirsoze
12-29-2018, 09:34 AM

Apparently it's the past where you pretend the identity of the accused justifies broadly racist statements. (See your sig for an example) Knew it was coming.

Prison Bitch
12-29-2018, 09:49 AM
Apparently it's the past where you pretend the identity of the accused justifies broadly racist statements. (See your sig for an example) Knew it was coming.

More idiotic virtue-signaling ^^^

kysirsoze
12-29-2018, 09:58 AM
More idiotic virtue-signaling ^^^

Only on CP is being opposed to naked racism called "virtue signaling". But, I'm sure next thread about a crime perpetrated by a white man, you'll be in there using it to vilify all other whites.

There are plenty of times racism is called out when the connection is marginal at best. This is not one of those times. It was blatant. Of course, you know that. But since you're the most outspoken, dare I say proud racist on this site, you have to try to defend it. Since you can't, you use the moronic argument that the identity of the accused in any way justifies it. If there's another way to read the OP I'm all ears.

Prison Bitch
12-29-2018, 10:59 AM
Only on CP is being opposed to naked racism called "virtue signaling". But, I'm sure next thread about a crime perpetrated by a white man, you'll be in there using it to vilify all other whites.

There are plenty of times racism is called out when the connection is marginal at best. This is not one of those times. It was blatant. Of course, you know that. But since you're the most outspoken, dare I say proud racist on this site, you have to try to defend it. Since you can't, you use the moronic argument that the identity of the accused in any way justifies it. If there's another way to read the OP I'm all ears.

So did you see the suspect photo or not? Nobody is reading that moronic verbal diarrhea ^^^^

GloryDayz
12-29-2018, 11:33 AM

Call him out in that thread? :shrug:

Titty Meat
12-29-2018, 11:42 AM

Problem is the SJW are more concerned with being offended than their neighbors being blown away

Strongside
12-29-2018, 11:49 AM

I have lived in KC for seven years - five of that downtown. The only violence I’ve encountered has been in a bar fight. Never heard a gunshot, never had altercations with the homeless.

Ironically, I’ve heard a lot about crime in Springfield over the last few years. It’s all about not putting yourself in unfavorable situations. If you’re out walking around a heavily populated area after dark in any city in the world you’re asking for trouble. KC is great, man. Love the city and it will love you back.

Nothing you can do about the very few dumbasses in the world that do something like fire shots into the air in a mall parking lot.

Imon Yourside
12-29-2018, 11:56 AM
I have lived in KC for seven years - five of that downtown. The only violence I’ve encountered has been in a bar fight. Never heard a gunshot, never had altercations with the homeless.

Ironically, I’ve heard a lot about crime in Springfield over the last few years. It’s all about not putting yourself in unfavorable situations. If you’re out walking around a heavily populated area after dark in any city in the world you’re asking for trouble. KC is great, man. Love the city and it will love you back.

Nothing you can do about the very few dumbasses in the world that do something like fire shots into the air in a mall parking lot.

Well you can try vigilante Justice but that only works in movies.

Eleazar
12-29-2018, 12:14 PM

ROFL

Baby Lee
12-29-2018, 12:45 PM

Grandma lives over in Lakeview, on the other side of Holy Trinity.

She doesn't get around so well, so not so many trips to mosey through the mall these days, but plenty of lunching and brunching at the nearby restaurants.

Deberg_1990
12-29-2018, 01:09 PM
Just another reason why indoor malls are dying out. People with money don’t want to feel threatened or be in the middle of a teen hangout.

Prison Bitch
12-29-2018, 05:09 PM
Problem is the SJW are more concerned with being offended than their neighbors being blown away

It’s quite telling Sappho and Keyser said nothing against the actual criminal in the story.

Titty Meat
12-29-2018, 08:25 PM
It’s quite telling Sappho and Keyser said nothing against the actual criminal in the story.

Last week I passed a crime scene on 39th and Rainbow it turned out it was a homicide. Passed another just tonight on Wardparkway the home of white privilege. Turns out it was a rolling gun battle. Must have been a few folks celebrating their privilege.

Imon Yourside
12-29-2018, 08:42 PM
Last week I passed a crime scene on 39th and Rainbow it turned out it was a homicide. Passed another just tonight on Wardparkway the home of white privilege. Turns out it was a rolling gun battle. Must have been a few folks celebrating their privilege.

Did you stop and tell them hey look at me....(whispering voice) i'm white. and then move your eyes up and down and wink?

Titty Meat
12-29-2018, 08:46 PM
Did you stop and tell them hey look at me....(whispering voice) i'm white. and then move your eyes up and down and wink?

I was too hungry. Went to the new Chipotle on 103rd and stateline. That's how determined I was to find a good Chipotle.

Imon Yourside
12-29-2018, 08:55 PM
I was too hungry. Went to the new Chipotle on 103rd and stateline. That's how determined I was to find a good Chipotle.

That's mad insane dude, you gotta be proud of something you were born with. The ability to crave some Chotle and fine wine with it too.

BottomShelfBoose
12-29-2018, 09:32 PM

Is that already open?? jesus

KCUnited
12-29-2018, 09:43 PM
Bypassing hood shit just to eat E. coli might be the greatest equalizer ever.

BottomShelfBoose
12-29-2018, 10:13 PM
Bypassing hood shit just to eat E. coli might be the greatest equalizer ever.

At least it's higher class e coli ya now

BryanBusby
12-30-2018, 01:49 AM
I once went to Oak Park Mall. Carry on.

Simply Red
12-30-2018, 04:04 AM
They don't even have a Gucci store!

Why Not?
12-30-2018, 04:42 AM
a good Chipotle.

That's an actual thing?

GloryDayz
12-30-2018, 05:41 AM
The Bad Lands of Kansas....

gblowfish
12-30-2018, 09:44 AM
You guys make fun of me for living in Glorious Independence, MO. I know from commuting to Overland Park for 13 years that sections of JoCo are about the same or worse. The empty businesses along Metcalf north of I-435 look just like US 40 in Independence. There's a lot of low income apartments and there's been much more crime of all kinds in OP over the past few years. All the rich bastards have moved south of I-435 in the Blue Valley School District. White Flight.

Tornado
12-30-2018, 09:47 AM
how are you feeling george

gblowfish
12-30-2018, 09:49 AM
how are you feeling george

I'm better. Week of vacation has been wonderful.

SAUTO
12-30-2018, 10:37 AM

I took one too. It has been wonderful.

GloryDayz
12-30-2018, 10:46 AM

:clap: My vacation has left me needing a vacation.

We might need you to post-up a "10 Things About Daytime TV" for us. Lord knows it's a good reason to not retire. Ever...

Kiimo
12-30-2018, 10:50 AM
When you said "progressive" we all knew exactly what you meant. Overreacting to Sapho doesn't fool anybody.

Enjoy the Blue Wave, dumbshit Joco Chuds.

Prison Bitch
12-30-2018, 11:41 AM
Just another reason why indoor malls are dying out. People with money don’t want to feel threatened or be in the middle of a teen hangout.

Yeah! That’s the take-away from this story!

Titty Meat
12-30-2018, 01:42 PM
You guys make fun of me for living in Glorious Independence, MO. I know from commuting to Overland Park for 13 years that sections of JoCo are about the same or worse. The empty businesses along Metcalf north of I-435 look just like US 40 in Independence. There's a lot of low income apartments and there's been much more crime of all kinds in OP over the past few years. All the rich bastards have moved south of I-435 in the Blue Valley School District. White Flight.

It's getting shittier but nowhere near the crime on 40 highway.

A huge gang war has broken out in KCK that's why there's been alot of shootings there recently. Their trash probably spilled into to JOCO

baitism
12-30-2018, 02:37 PM
When you said "progressive" we all knew exactly what you meant. Overreacting to Sapho doesn't fool anybody.

Enjoy the Blue Wave, dumbshit Joco Chuds.

No one wins with socialism, dumb shit. Read a history book. It's literally never worked.

saphojunkie
12-30-2018, 05:13 PM
No one wins with socialism, dumb shit. Read a history book. It's literally never worked.

What the fuck are you even talking about

Fansy the Famous Bard
12-31-2018, 08:49 AM

You're really comparing the Strip malls along Metcalf with Independence? :clap:

I love you, George.