PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Any Absinthe Drinkers?

crayzkirk
12-31-2018, 01:37 PM
Any Absinthe drinkers out there? I have a friend that is sure it's going to open up his mind to the Green Fairy however I'm skeptical. He wants to just take a shot of it however I've been reading that it should be mixed with water over a sugar cube or mixed with simple syrup. I got a bottle at the Gomers near me and it wasn't cheap.

Suggestions?

Bewbies
12-31-2018, 01:38 PM
Rinse your glass with it and fill with a Sazerac. Perfect usage of that stuff.

Donger
12-31-2018, 01:39 PM
Isn't that made out of bat poop?

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-31-2018, 01:46 PM
It doesn't have any special/unusual properties beyond normal alcohol, but if you're going to drink it, might as well read some Rimbaud.

TambaBerry
12-31-2018, 01:50 PM
Have to make sure it's made with wormwood to have any chance of being trippy

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-31-2018, 01:51 PM
Have to make sure it's made with wormwood to have any chance of being trippy

No analysis has determined that absinthe has any hallucinogenic properties.

KCUnited
12-31-2018, 01:53 PM
Just throw back some Malört and fight your dad instead.

crayzkirk
12-31-2018, 01:57 PM
No analysis has determined that absinthe has any hallucinogenic properties.

I've read about it and according to the information, the effects regarding it are more than likely due to the fact that heroin and cocaine were made illegal two years after absinthe.

My friend gets sick just taking a small shot of a decent scotch. It sounds like it tastes like a really bitter black licorice mixed with tree bark. I will have a trash can handy.

Cntrygal
12-31-2018, 01:58 PM
I'd rather drink soju.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-31-2018, 02:01 PM
This right here is fair warning.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=199601&highlight=Absinthe

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-31-2018, 02:01 PM
I've read about it and according to the information, the effects regarding it are more than likely due to the fact that heroin and cocaine were made illegal two years after absinthe.

My friend gets sick just taking a small shot of a decent scotch. It sounds like it tastes like a really bitter black licorice mixed with tree bark. I will have a trash can handy.

Wise man. Still, I'd recommend that you read Rimbaud. Highly influential on Bob Dylan, actually.

CoMoChief
12-31-2018, 02:02 PM
overrated....doesn't do shit

ptlyon
12-31-2018, 02:03 PM

Ha ha I remember that now. Remember it was conversation here before.

Good times.

Pitt Gorilla
12-31-2018, 02:06 PM

Why buy it if you don’t think you’ll enjoy it?

CoMoChief
12-31-2018, 02:23 PM
You don't see green fairies

You don't hallucinate or trip your ass off

It tastes like really strong Jagermeister and it will get you sick before you drink enough of it to get your buzz.

crayzkirk
12-31-2018, 02:24 PM
Why buy it if you don’t think you’ll enjoy it?

A fool and his money soon part ways...

I am calling it a late Christmas present for him, he heard about it and wants to experience the Green Fairy.

Personally, I think it will be interesting to see what this louche affect is. I like black licorice so it's not going to bother me what it tastes like. Death in the Afternoon sounds like an interesting way to drink it and get rid of a cheap bottle of champagne.

Bowser
12-31-2018, 02:44 PM
I'd rather drink soju.

Ha! I was going to post the same thing. Beat me to the punch, Korea girl!

If you want a "trippy" drinking experience, Soju will do it. Just don't think about the formaldehyde that it's brewed with, and you'll be fine.

BigRichard
12-31-2018, 02:54 PM
I posted this in Hogs thread as well... Man I loved Eurotrip

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2Wnv6YzlACc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

vailpass
12-31-2018, 03:20 PM

/ thread.

NewChief
12-31-2018, 03:44 PM
A fool and his money soon part ways...

I am calling it a late Christmas present for him, he heard about it and wants to experience the Green Fairy.

Personally, I think it will be interesting to see what this louche affect is. I like black licorice so it's not going to bother me what it tastes like. Death in the Afternoon sounds like an interesting way to drink it and get rid of a cheap bottle of champagne.

Death in the Afternoon or a rinse for a sazerac are definitely two good uses for it. If he wants to see green fairies, he better smoke some DMT after taking a shot or something.

I mean, we live in a world with unparalleled access to compounds that WILL make you trip. Absinthe is, most assuredly, going to be placebo effect. Enjoy, though! I appreciate the pursuit of new experiences.

Flying High D
12-31-2018, 03:48 PM
Do a Enema with it using grandmas douche bag. Green Fairies on steroids.

vailpass
12-31-2018, 04:05 PM
Death in the Afternoon or a rinse for a sazerac are definitely two good uses for it. If he wants to see green fairies, he better smoke some DMT after taking a shot or something.

I mean, we live in a world with unparalleled access to compounds that WILL make you trip. Absinthe is, most assuredly, going to be placebo effect. Enjoy, though! I appreciate the pursuit of new experiences.

Yep. It's the time of the season to let slip the dogs. HNY to you and yours.

alpha_omega
12-31-2018, 04:14 PM

Ha. I thought I remembered an old thread about this topic.

NewChief
12-31-2018, 04:15 PM
Yep. It's the time of the season to let slip the dogs. HNY to you and yours.

:thumb:

Spending NYE in South Florida with family and flying out tomorrow late. I can't complain, though. Spent the day on the beach in 80+ degree weather while everyone is freezing back home.

Have a great night. I'm sure you'll get up to some interesting activities. :D

vailpass
12-31-2018, 04:24 PM

Spending NYE in South Florida with family and flying out tomorrow late. I can't complain, though. Spent the day on the beach in 80+ degree weather while everyone is freezing back home.

Tame evening monitoring the social doings of my 14,15, and 20 year old boys while self- medicating with a lady friend.

If there existed an attendee list for People For Whom Life Currently Sucks your name would not be among them. Rock out with your cock out.

bowener
12-31-2018, 04:57 PM

Came here to say exactly this!

edit:

If you want to save some absinthe I recommend getting a small 1-3oz glass spray bottle. You just mist the absinthe into the glass!

Dallas Chief
12-31-2018, 07:12 PM

Where you at NC?

modocsot
12-31-2018, 07:22 PM
I had some years ago in Paris. Taste was gawd awful, in my opinion; like bad licorice. Had been drinking other stuff though, so I’m not so sure if it’s what knocked me out. Don’t remember much after drinking it I’m afraid. Vowed to never touch it ever again.

rabblerouser
12-31-2018, 08:19 PM
Do a Enema with it using grandmas douche bag. Green Fairies on steroids.

The kids call that "buttchugging".

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/qbwndw/things-i-learned-from-butt-chugging

Chief Pagan
12-31-2018, 08:38 PM
Add some Absinthe, if you have a perfectly good cocktail that you would like to ruin.

I keep some around to give to all of the Faiders fans that I'm surrounded by.

Titty Meat
12-31-2018, 11:12 PM
Hogs thread is epic even better if true

The Bunk
12-31-2018, 11:22 PM
You don't see green fairies

You don't hallucinate or trip your ass off

It tastes like really strong Jagermeister and it will get you sick before you drink enough of it to get your buzz.

For some reason I remember it tasting like mouthwash. But it’s been ten years since I tried it.

The bottle looks cool though.

IA_Chiefs_fan
01-01-2019, 01:54 AM
I've taken five shots of 124 proof Lucid Absinthe tonight and I can still type this.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-01-2019, 11:02 AM
I've taken five shots of 124 proof Lucid Absinthe tonight and I can still type this.

That was 8 hours ago.

Hello!

Hello!

Uh Oh.

bdj23
01-01-2019, 11:08 AM
Tastes like shit

IA_Chiefs_fan
01-01-2019, 11:26 AM
That was 8 hours ago.

Hello!

Hello!

Uh Oh.

I'm still kickin'!
However, one of my guests last night didn't handle the Absinthe quite so well. His wife took him home pretty early.

crayzkirk
01-01-2019, 07:30 PM
Add some Absinthe, if you have a perfectly good cocktail that you would like to ruin.

I keep some around to give to all of the Faiders fans that I'm surrounded by.

That right there is funny...

Demonpenz
01-01-2019, 10:13 PM
you should do acid if you want to trip.

Pitt Gorilla
01-01-2019, 10:36 PM
I'm still kickin'!
However, one of my guests last night didn't handle the Absinthe quite so well. His wife took him home pretty early.

Again, if it’s not going to be a pleasant experience, why drink it?

IA_Chiefs_fan
01-01-2019, 10:39 PM
Again, if it’s not going to be a pleasant experience, why drink it?

Agreed. It's one of my favorite shots and is a pleasant experience for me every time. To be fair the friend who got sick last night was doing a ton of different shots. We all were but Lucid was the most popular.

Flying High D
01-01-2019, 10:40 PM
The kids call that "buttchugging".

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/qbwndw/things-i-learned-from-butt-chugging

What do they call it when you mist it on your finger, then stick your finger up your buddy’s butt?

IA_Chiefs_fan
01-01-2019, 10:43 PM
What do they call it when you mist it on your finger, then stick your finger up your buddy’s butt?

Gay. That's called gay.

Flying High D
01-01-2019, 10:47 PM
Gay. That's called gay.

Link and/or pics? TIA

Rausch
01-02-2019, 06:17 AM
I've always wanted to get a legit bottle with the wormwood inside.

crayzkirk
01-02-2019, 11:22 PM
Okay... It's pretty good in a tumbler with Champagne. Three of those and then an ounce in a glass with a sugar cube. I must say that the sugar makes it really sweet. We were both enjoying some herbs at the same time so it's difficult to quantify the experience.

The louche effect is interesting; a bottle of $15 Champagne with the Lucid Absinthe. Two clear liquids turn cloudy. Very sweet. Lots of fennel and anise root flavor.