PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How does Cowherd stay employed?

Wallcrawler
12-31-2018, 02:50 PM
https://twitter.com/TheHerd/status/1079805134002098176?s=20

One of the most absolute fucking braindead takes Ive ever heard. KC should be saying uh oh when they look at NE?!

Because they smashed a pathetic jets team while ignoring the fact that KC just did the same thing to an equally pathetic Raiders team?

Says KC in last 6 weeks is 3-3 like its some sort of terrible omen.

Well Colin, NE is 4-2, all against teams that failed to make the post season. Losses to Miami and Pittsburgh.

Chiefs losses have come against playoff teams. There is literally no reason to fear the New England Patriots. They had a cakewalk schedule to finish up and dropped 2 games.

What a fucking idiot.

Sassy Squatch
12-31-2018, 02:51 PM
Because he gets reactions like this and you run out to tell people about it.

displacedinMN
12-31-2018, 02:51 PM
Maybe he will be the next Raiders OC

Best22
12-31-2018, 02:53 PM
Because he gets reactions

He doesn’t even believe what he says. He’s a troll

Wallcrawler
12-31-2018, 02:54 PM
He also conveniently leaves out that Brady played the full game, while Chiefs smashed the Raiders so bad that Mahomes sat the last 10 minutes of the 4th quarter and Chad Henne finished the game.

wazu
12-31-2018, 02:59 PM
What an idiotic take. I’m gonna punish this stupid take by following him on Twitter and making fun of him while watching his show. Can we make this the “what did Cowherd say today” mega-thread and get it stickied please?

Bugeater
12-31-2018, 03:03 PM
The Pats should always be feared in the playoffs, so he's not necessarily wrong. However, the entire premise is idiotic because Chiefs fans should be worried about getting to the AFCCG, not who they will play if/when they get there.

-King-
12-31-2018, 03:07 PM
Because you read and and watch him give guess opinions and give him high ratings. Good job, you played yourself.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-31-2018, 03:08 PM
Ignore him and listen to LeBatard's show instead.

hiflyin chiefs fan
12-31-2018, 03:10 PM
I'm so sick of all the "talking heads" Never giving the Chiefs Kingdom any love ! Beat Phillip Rivers in their house, Beat Pittsburg in their house, Lose to the Pats in their house by 3 in the final minutes of the game, Beat Ravens, Put 51 up on the Rams in their house, and within 7 of Seattle in their house. End the season 12-4 with the # 1 seed and HFA and yet Still don't seem newsworthy ! UNBELIEVABLE ! Let's Feed em a big old platter of CROW !! GO CHIEFS !!

BWillie
12-31-2018, 03:13 PM
I'm not worried about New England - at all. In fact I might even pick them over the Ravens if given a choice. I want no part of Los Angeles though.

Hoover
12-31-2018, 03:18 PM
Cowturd is what he is.

I mean we kill the Raiders and we suddenly feel great. Pats kill the Jets and now they are are awesome too. Best thing is that we don't have to go to NE.

All that said, I also thought NE looked good yesterday. They are good (and a problem for us) when they run their offense through White and Edelman. Frankly I'd love to meet the Pats in the AFC Championship game. I just don't think they have the horses.

FAX
12-31-2018, 03:25 PM
Shock jock. With next to nothing in the jock.

Actually, he's not even shocking anymore, either. Merely vacuous, insipid, and predictable. Use your Bluetooth channel changer technology and you'll think more clearly. That's what I suggest, anyhow.

FAX

vailpass
12-31-2018, 03:27 PM
Shock jock. With next to nothing in the jock.

Actually, he's not even shocking anymore, either. Merely vacuous, insipid, and predictable. Use your Bluetooth channel changer technology and you'll think more clearly. That's what I suggest, anyhow.

FAX

This. Sirius XM is a godsend in this regard.

Reerun_KC
12-31-2018, 03:42 PM

Because grown men love teenage drama. This thread is a prime example of why guys like Cowherd is employed...

smithandrew051
12-31-2018, 03:43 PM
He’s just reading a script. Never had an original idea in his life.

Everyone starts to realize how good Mahomes is...Colin starts bashing him constantly.

No one thinks Darnold is special...Colin loves him.

People hate on Ben Simmons and Lonzo Ball...Colin loves them.

People like Baker Mayfield...Colin calls him immature.

DaFace
12-31-2018, 03:44 PM
Because idiots post his drivel on sites like ChiefsPlanet. I wouldn't even know who he was if it weren't for this place.

Reerun_KC
12-31-2018, 03:45 PM
I'm so sick of all the "talking heads" Never giving the Chiefs Kingdom any love ! Beat Phillip Rivers in their house, Beat Pittsburg in their house, Lose to the Pats in their house by 3 in the final minutes of the game, Beat Ravens, Put 51 up on the Rams in their house, and within 7 of Seattle in their house. End the season 12-4 with the # 1 seed and HFA and yet Still don't seem newsworthy ! UNBELIEVABLE ! Let's Feed em a big old platter of CROW !! GO CHIEFS !!

Love is earned. What the “talking heads” to start praising you? Break the curse of Marty and stop faceplanting when it matters the most.

It’s not hard to figure out.

And zero fucks given by the talking heads about your regular season success. You feed crow by winning in January not September.

True fans be clueless.

CaliforniaChief
12-31-2018, 03:47 PM
He's factually wrong. Had Mahomes not led the comeback against the Ravens, we wouldn't be #2, we would be #5.

Then again, had Scandrick intercepted the pass in LA and the defense not imploded against LAC, this wouldn't be an issue.

Brings me back to Jim Rome...if's are worthless. IF my aunt had a package, she'd be my uncle.

Jerm
12-31-2018, 03:50 PM
He's always been on the Pats and Brady/Belichick's nuts so it's nothing new...just like with the Colts and Luck, same thing.

Petro had an interesting take about him specifically a couple of weeks ago...he said he had heard from someone that knows Cowherd and how he operates and said that if ratings are sagging in a particular market he'll say something outlandish or ridiculous to get that city up in arms in hopes of a ratings boost or getting his name further out there.

smithandrew051
12-31-2018, 03:52 PM
New England is nothing special on the road in the playoffs. The fact is, they just don’t play many road playoff games. I’d welcome them here for an AFC Championship game in a heartbeat. A chance to take down the empire at home with Mahomes? Give me that all day.

The real key to New England’s success has been their dominance of the East. They always win it, so they’re never worse than the 4. Their division sucks, so they always inflate their record. Then they end up with two home games to get to the Super Bowl. That’s a manageable task. When you’re in that situation almost every year for 15 years, you end up in a shit ton of Super Bowls.

Flying High D
12-31-2018, 04:00 PM
^ That can be replicated here.

notorious
12-31-2018, 04:06 PM
Hook

Line

Sinker

jallmon
12-31-2018, 04:16 PM

This. It's his yob, mon.

Red Dawg
12-31-2018, 04:31 PM

You get love from breaking through and winning playoff games and at least one SB. We lose every time. We don't deserve the love. Pats have won 5 so they get everything. Until they are out, they are the favorites.

dj56dt58
12-31-2018, 04:39 PM
the ONLY thing that scares me about New England is the refs. Being at Arrowhead might help that especially after the Chargers game. I'll say it again, I'm glad those fucking refs got shit thrown at them. If Andy won't do shit about it, the fans will

KC_Connection
12-31-2018, 04:42 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">IN DEPTH BREAKDOWN: TOM BRADY WEEK 17 <a href="https://t.co/sJOmBIgHXM">pic.twitter.com/sJOmBIgHXM</a></p>&mdash; Barry McCockiner (@SportsTalkBarry) <a href="https://twitter.com/SportsTalkBarry/status/1079495255207088129?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 30, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

How do you stop him? He's 41.

bdlangton
12-31-2018, 04:54 PM
I remember when he said how he only watched the Chiefs in their NE and Rams games and came away from both games thinking that the Chiefs were the better team. Sometime after that he flipped to anti-Chiefs.

vailpass
12-31-2018, 04:56 PM
I remember when he said how he only watched the Chiefs in their NE and Rams games and came away from both games thinking that the Chiefs were the better team. Sometime after that he flipped to anti-Chiefs.

He flipped to a controversial position with which he might not have actually agreed IRL in order to generate an audience?
Weird.

NJChiefsFan
12-31-2018, 04:57 PM
As many have said, he does it to create threads exactly like this. I would have no idea who that idiot KK is if it wasn't for somebody posting what he says about Mahomes. Now I know who he is. If I was less determined to screw him out of principle I would have looked up his writings to get angry at them and given him more views.

srvy
01-11-2019, 12:17 PM
Ignore him and listen to LeBatard's show instead.

I watched 1 hour of Le Batard this morning in that span not one sports topic covered. Was literally discussion of ice creams, frapes and an ice cream franchised. He then moved on to sharing half eaten chicken with a fried and also letting a friend taste your beer. It went on till I changed to Cowherd. I wanted to see his picks and low and behold he picked the Chiefs to cover. On the day before the playoffs open how to you not cover this on a sports show. Big no to Dan Tared!

lcarus
01-11-2019, 01:08 PM
I don't know the answer to your question, but I'd fuck the tits off of Joy Taylor. And his previous girl Kristine Leahy. Actually, that might be the answer to your question.

Hoover
01-11-2019, 01:12 PM
I miss Kristine Leahy...

lcarus
01-11-2019, 01:17 PM
I liked Kristine Leahy but I might like Joy just as much.

Jerm
01-11-2019, 01:26 PM
https://i.imgur.com/3BtETo7.gif

AssEaterChief
01-11-2019, 02:07 PM
I miss Kristine Leahy...

What exactly did she provide other than her lame homer Boston takes? We can get those from people on this board.

He only hired her because of her looks and his recent move to LA

srvy
01-11-2019, 02:58 PM
https://i.imgur.com/3BtETo7.gif

She is pretty but that hair looks like Davey Crockett made her a Armadillo skin hat.

FAX
01-11-2019, 03:03 PM
She is pretty but that hair looks like Davey Crockett made her a Armadillo skin hat.

LMAO

FAX