PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Playoff Handicap Seats

BigRichard
01-02-2019, 07:46 AM
I had started a thread recently asking about how tickets work for the playoffs and specifically referenced the Pats game. I am considering buying a couple of tickets for a very good friend of mine who was diagnosed with Ataxia a few years ago. It is a neurological disease that effects things like your speech and balance. He has been getting worse as time goes on and definitely couldn't climb the stairs very far. Can anyone tell me how they handle the handicap seating in Arrowhead?

He is a Pats fan and I know he would love to go to Arrowhead if it works out that they are there. I just don't know if he can do everything that is needed to actually get there and get to a seat. He is still able to walk but with a cane but he couldn't climb a bunch of stairs.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

HemiEd
01-02-2019, 07:57 AM
I found this: Wheelchair seating is located on the Field, Club, and Horizon levels. Seating is on raised platforms which meet governmental requirements for access and enhanced sight lines. In addition to the person needing accessible seating, an adjacent companion seat is available. Subject to space availability, up to two additional companion seats may be purchased.

To purchase tickets in these areas, contact the Ticket Office at 816-920-9400. When purchasing tickets for accessible seating, guests must verify that they understand such seats are designed only for patrons with disabilities or special needs (and their companions) and agree to abide by the terms and conditions established by the Chiefs. The Chiefs reserve the right to investigate the potential misuse of disability and special need accessible seating.

https://www.chiefs.com/tickets/accessibleseating

tmax63
01-02-2019, 08:08 AM
Not Arrowhead specific but I've always found that public venues will have wheelchair accessibility to their seating including elevators or ramps for level choice. I would recommend that your friend go the wheelchair route even if he can get by mostly with a cane just because there's no reason to wear himself out just getting to and from his seat. My experience comes from short term situations like ankle surgeries and so on being both the attendant and the chair rider. Using a chair and not wearing yourself out made the events much more enjoyable for all concerned.

BigRichard
01-02-2019, 08:13 AM
Not Arrowhead specific but I've always found that public venues will have wheelchair accessibility to their seating including elevators or ramps for level choice. I would recommend that your friend go the wheelchair route even if he can get by mostly with a cane just because there's no reason to wear himself out just getting to and from his seat. My experience comes from short term situations like ankle surgeries and so on being both the attendant and the chair rider. Using a chair and not wearing yourself out made the events much more enjoyable for all concerned.

His wife would probably very much agree with the wheelchair thing, however, talking a hard headed 30 year retired Marine into doing anything like that can be quite the chore apparently.

BigRichard
01-02-2019, 08:14 AM
I found this: Wheelchair seating is located on the Field, Club, and Horizon levels. Seating is on raised platforms which meet governmental requirements for access and enhanced sight lines. In addition to the person needing accessible seating, an adjacent companion seat is available. Subject to space availability, up to two additional companion seats may be purchased.

To purchase tickets in these areas, contact the Ticket Office at 816-920-9400. When purchasing tickets for accessible seating, guests must verify that they understand such seats are designed only for patrons with disabilities or special needs (and their companions) and agree to abide by the terms and conditions established by the Chiefs. The Chiefs reserve the right to investigate the potential misuse of disability and special need accessible seating.

https://www.chiefs.com/tickets/accessibleseating

I will have to give them a call to see if they even have any left at this point. I am guessing they are a scarce commodity.

tmax63
01-02-2019, 08:22 AM
I know exactly what you're saying, but I'd bet that lady married to him can convince him. Having retired from the Army after 12 in uniform and 20 as a civilian I know the only thing more stubborn and ornery than an old vet is their spouse usually. :)

BigRichard
01-02-2019, 10:13 AM
Well, this was a pointless thread. I had been talking to his wife about it and asked her to feel out the situation. She just texted me to tell me he was not interested in going due to a few different reasons.

Thanks for the replies.

Demonpenz
01-02-2019, 10:22 AM
Because sutton

BigRichard
01-02-2019, 10:39 AM
Because sutton

ROFL

Rain Man
01-02-2019, 12:43 PM
Eric Berry gets field passes. I don't know if that's because of his Haglund's or if it's for some other reason.

BigRichard
01-02-2019, 12:59 PM
Eric Berry gets field passes. I don't know if that's because of his Haglund's or if it's for some other reason.

This place never disappoints.

HemiEd
01-02-2019, 01:04 PM
Well, this was a pointless thread. I had been talking to his wife about it and asked her to feel out the situation. She just texted me to tell me he was not interested in going due to a few different reasons.

Thanks for the replies.It was a nice thought/gesture on your part anyway.