PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Colts for the 5th time?

Pages : [1] 2

teedubya
01-04-2019, 12:20 AM
I woke up from a dream... that the Colts beat the Texans and we play the fucking Colts again for the 5th time since 1996.

Is anyone else dreading playing the fucking Colts again? It seems inevitable.

Maybe we kill the monkey on our back? God, I fucking hate the Colts.

Prison Bitch
01-04-2019, 12:21 AM
Sagarin has us -7 vs Colts, -4 vs Chargers and Ravens.

I’ll take the Colts for sure.

Titty Meat
01-04-2019, 12:23 AM

I’ll take the Colts for sure

Randallflagg
01-04-2019, 12:24 AM

I don't know about that.....those damned Colts have been Kryptonite for the Chiefs for far too long.....

I'd be willing to bet that the Chargers simply can NOT win again in Arrowhead, though..

01-04-2019, 12:26 AM
This popped up as a memory today in my Facebook feed.

38-10 and now 44-45 unbelievable.

Fuck the Colts.

teedubya
01-04-2019, 12:32 AM
This popped up as a memory today in my Facebook feed.

38-10 and now 44-45 unbelievable.

Fuck the Colts.

Yes. I used to like the Colts when they had Eric Dickerson...

but having been IN the stadium in 1996, 2003, 2006, and watching the 2013 2nd half meltdown... I don't want to go to the stadium next weekend and see the fucking Colts.

It just feels like bad mojo.

Reerun_KC
01-04-2019, 12:43 AM
I don’t dread the colts. I welcome them to arrowhead this year, I’m begging pleading with the football gods to bring Indy to KC.

htismaqe
01-04-2019, 12:44 AM

but having been IN the stadium in 1996, 2003, 2006, and watching the 2013 2nd half meltdown... I don't want to go to the stadium next weekend and see the fucking Colts.

There is no bad mojo.

Because Mahomes.

Reerun_KC
01-04-2019, 12:44 AM
I don't know about that.....those damned Colts have been Kryptonite for the Chiefs for far too long.....

I'd be willing to bet that the Chargers simply can NOT win again in Arrowhead, though..

Chargers couldn’t win in kC a few weeks ago according to CP. that didn’t work out well.

Bring on the ponies.

teedubya
01-04-2019, 12:45 AM
I don’t dread the colts. I welcome them to arrowhead this year, I’m begging pleading with the football gods to bring Indy to KC.

There is no bad mojo.

Because Mahomes.

I like your confidence. I woke up in a cold sweat. LOL

Reerun_KC
There is no bad mojo.

Because Mahomes.

Mahomes good enough to over come Andy and the colts.

-King-
This time

It's personal!

rtmike
01-04-2019, 12:47 AM
There is no bad mojo.

Because Mahomes.

Ooffta, that’s so much better than “Because Chiefs”

01-04-2019, 12:49 AM
If the Colts win Saturday, next weeks game is going to be the ultimate test for Sir Pat. Winning that game would put a lot of demons to rest. It would also allow us long time fans to really start to believe again.

Reerun_KC
01-04-2019, 12:51 AM
I like your confidence. I woke up in a cold sweat. LOL

Mahomes biggest kryptonite is Fat Andy. He is the only one that can stop Mahomes from winning and advancing.

We get cute and dumn Fat Andy and we lose.

We get attacking the buffet Fat Andy and we win.

Reerun_KC
01-04-2019, 12:52 AM
If the Colts win Saturday, next weeks game is going to be the ultimate test for Sir Pat. Winning that game would put a lot of demons to rest. It would also allow us long time fans to really start to believe again.

This

teedubya
01-04-2019, 01:26 AM
Mahomes biggest kryptonite is Fat Andy. He is the only one that can stop Mahomes from winning and advancing.

We get cute and dumn Fat Andy and we lose.

We get attacking the buffet Fat Andy and we win.

I vote for attacking the buffet Fat Andy.

Imon Yourside
01-04-2019, 01:26 AM
They're just another bump on the road to the Superbowl bring em on any who stand in our way. Blood will be ours, defeat...is for the weak who stand in our way.

teedubya
01-04-2019, 01:27 AM

That's kind of where I'm at. I've walked out of that stadium in the playoffs in eerie silence too many times. I'm gun shy as fuck... especially vs the fucking COLTS.

jaa1025
01-04-2019, 01:34 AM
I'm starting to come around on playing the Colts. I now want them even though I think they have the second best QB in the AFC playoffs this year.

If they play the Ravens again, they almost certainly win but at what cost? The Ravens are a very physically draining team and I'd rather them beat up Tom Brady and company for the AFC championship game.

I dont think the Chargers are coming out of Baltimore with a W.

I think the Chiefs will play the Colts then a beat up Patriot team. At least this is what I hope for.

BlackOp
01-04-2019, 01:40 AM
I woke up from a dream... that the Colts beat the Texans and we play the ****ing Colts again for the 5th time since 1996.

Is anyone else dreading playing the ****ing Colts again? It seems inevitable.

Maybe we kill the monkey on our back? God, I ****ing hate the Colts.

There were so many instances that led to that epic comeback...Smith over-threw a wide open Grey. Smith fumbled on a sack. Berry forces a fumble and it bounces off a lineman's head back to Luck. KC lost 2 RBs to injury. They had to resort to return man Demps to play emergency corner...as Flowers went down.

You couldn't repeat those elements...it was a truly bizarre game.

I'm going to go ahead and say it put in place KC to ultimately draft Mahomes. ..cursed teams dont get the next Michael Jordan....we just had to pay for it for 50 years. Landing the best QB in the history of the NFL isnt cheap...

teedubya
01-04-2019, 01:45 AM
I'm going to go ahead and say it put in place KC to ultimately draft Mahomes. ..cursed teams dont get the next Michael Jordan....we just had to pay for it for 50 years. Landing the best QB is the history of the NFL isnt cheap...

Now there is a take that I like... we were just paying it forward for Mahomes, huh? NIIICE. ROFL . I love that.

01-04-2019, 01:50 AM
Now there is a take that I like... we were just paying it forward for Mahomes, huh? NIIICE. ROFL . I love that.

I love the twist created if we can turn Because Chiefs on its head and change it to Because Mahomes

BlackOp
01-04-2019, 01:56 AM
I want Luck at Arrowhead then Brady...this isn't Smith's Chiefs anymore.

CoMoChief
01-04-2019, 02:01 AM
I don't really care who the Chiefs play.

Each team is capable of coming into Arrowhead in Jan and winning.

Maybe this year's different I dunno. Mahomes has to overcome a lot of haunting ghosts of the past.

RINGLEADER
01-04-2019, 02:07 AM

That's why I want to face them.

And face it, all the teams we may face the rest of the way are good teams that could beat us if we don't execute. Might as well beat the ones who took us down in the past and get some revenge with the win.

BlackOp
01-04-2019, 02:08 AM
He beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh...hadn't been done since the 80s. Fuck the Colts...

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-04-2019, 02:13 AM
I want the Colts then the Patriots then the Saints. When we're done with all that the dynasty will have officially begun.

TEX
01-04-2019, 03:18 AM
I want no part of the Colts. They're the ONE team that I did NOT want to get into the playoffs. They present all sorts of problems for the Chiefs. Just a bad matchup all the way around.

Id much rather face the Chargers, and their statue QB, and see if they can win at Arrowhead again. I bet not. Would also rather take my chances against a one dimensional Ravens team.

01-04-2019, 03:29 AM
I want no part of the Colts. They're the ONE team that I did NOT want to get into the playoffs. They present all sorts of problems for the Chiefs. Just a bad matchup all the way around.

Id much rather face the Chargers, and their statue QB, and see if they can win at Arrowhead again. I bet not. Would also rather take my chances against a one dimensional Ravens team.

There is a part of me that agrees with you. But I also kind of feel the same as others in that idea of go big or go home.

I mean, if the Chiefs are going to go the distance, then beat every damn obstacle in the way.

BlackOp
01-04-2019, 03:32 AM

They have no pass rush and the pass defense is suspect....Mahomes will kill them at Arrowhead with Hill/Kelce/Watkins.

Luck has the 2nd most ints in the NFL...

Look at their schedule and tell me which team was anything like KC....https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1&q=colts+2018+schedule#sie=t;/m/03wnh;6;/m/059yj;mt;fp;1;; They played a last place schedule.

Patriots maybe...and they beat them 38-24. KC put up 130 more points than NE this season...Indy is a dome team.

This isn't 2013....

jimidollar
01-04-2019, 04:33 AM
That 2013 game means nothing at this point. Sure, it sticks in our memories, but how many of those Chiefs are on the current team?

01-04-2019, 04:38 AM
That 2013 game means nothing at this point. Sure, it sticks in our memories, but how many of those Chiefs are on the current team?

you do know its not about the players on the team right?

TwistedChief
01-04-2019, 04:49 AM
..cursed teams dont get the next Michael Jordan....we just had to pay for it for 50 years. Landing the best QB in the history of the NFL isnt cheap...

:clap:

Hoopsdoc
01-04-2019, 05:06 AM
Chiefs would murder the Colts.

jaa1025
01-04-2019, 05:07 AM

Bad matchup? If they are a bad mathup then how is Baltimore, LAC or Houston any better?

They have no pass rush.
There running game is mediocre.
They have played the worst schedule in the NFL and barely squeezed in the playoffs.

New World Order
01-04-2019, 05:12 AM
NO CHARGERS

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

CHARGERS!

DTVietnam
01-04-2019, 05:39 AM
I prefer :

Colts then
Chargers then
Ravens

01-04-2019, 05:51 AM
I prefer :

Colts then
Chargers then
Ravens

You do realize we can only play two of them right?

EDIT
Nevermind. I see what you are doing there now.

Red Dawg
01-04-2019, 06:14 AM
Not the Colts I pray. Best line in football will compromise our pash rush leaving Luck to kill our shitty secondary. Please not them.

Mile High Mania
01-04-2019, 06:32 AM
Colts are definitely in your heads, but they might be the team that could give KC the most problems - they've been relatively consistent all year. KC's offense should handle whichever team comes into KC.

Chiefnj2
01-04-2019, 06:54 AM
What's interesting about the AFC is the fact that all the wildcard game teams are coming in hotter than the 1 and 2 seed.

Last six games:
Colts 5-1
Ravens 5-1 (only loss in OT)
Texans 4-2
Chargers 5-1

1. KC 3-3
2. Pats 4-2 (4-3 if you look at last 7 games).

Pasta Little Brioni
01-04-2019, 06:56 AM
Tuck Daddy is a moron.

KChiefs1
01-04-2019, 06:57 AM

Agreed

I want those bastards!

KChiefs1
01-04-2019, 06:59 AM
I want Luck & then Brady at Arrowhead.

notorious
01-04-2019, 07:17 AM
They are the weakest team in the AFC playoffs.

Wouldn’t surprise me if the Chiefs 2014’d them, minus the comeback.

FAH-Q
01-04-2019, 07:30 AM
It's interesting you bring this up. I woke up from a dream that we were waxing the Pats in the AFC championship game. Frankly, I have an unparalleled level of confidence right now considering how many times I've had my dreams crushed by this team in epic post season meltdown fashion. In the end, I don't care who we play because of the obvious: Mahomes.

I don't really see a team in the playoffs we could just dominate (i.e. a guaranteed win), so I'm just going to enjoy watching the games this weekend and rest well knowing that our team will be prepared to handle whoever comes to Arrowhead.

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN
01-04-2019, 07:32 AM
The Colts are a paper tiger, the only decent team that they beat is the Cowboys and nobody is afraid of the Cowboys. Bring Luck to Arrowhead in January and see what he can do in a hostile environment. The Chargers and Ravens will be a physical game and the winner of that game will be hurting in the divisional round. We should dominate any one of the 3 possible opponents on January 12th. Arrowhead will be feared again!

Hoover
01-04-2019, 07:32 AM
We’re going to play both the Colts and Chargers. Deal with it.

stevieray
01-04-2019, 07:39 AM
Just make it to the AFCCG.

JimNasium
01-04-2019, 07:40 AM
Fuck the Colts and fuck the Patriots. This is our redemption tour. Mahomo4life!

notorious
01-04-2019, 07:45 AM
I wouldn’t mind if the Ravens won and went to NE and physically beat the **** out of them the week before the AFC champ game.

Look at the w/l record the week after a team plays the Ravens. Ouch.

Spott
01-04-2019, 08:02 AM
I’ve seen us lose to all 3 of the teams that we could potentially play in the playoffs next weekend so we are going to have to get revenge on someone to advance. We beat Luck on the road with Smith and Foles a couple of years ago and it’s not like we’ve taken a downgrade at the QB position since then.

Prison Bitch
01-04-2019, 08:05 AM
Colts lost 6-0 to the lowly Jags a few weeks ago

You are scared of that???

tmax63
01-04-2019, 08:20 AM
Boy Howdy the Colts are in your head literally. How far the Chiefs go this year, I don't know but I do know that they got as good a shot as anyone else at the dance. They've gotten a lot further than anyone hoped/guessed before the year started. I don't mind losing to the teams they did in the regular season because of how hard it is to beat good teams twice in one season and they still managed HFA. I'm just enjoying the ride this year and look forward to a better year next.

King_Chief_Fan
01-04-2019, 08:51 AM
Colts?

Pffft!

displacedinMN
01-04-2019, 08:52 AM
I just want a win

Kman34
01-04-2019, 09:01 AM
Fuck the Colts.. Mahomes has never lost to them...:D

Monty
01-04-2019, 09:03 AM
Just make it to the AFCCG.

+ eleventy billion

I don't care who it is, just get the win to erase the 1994 curse.

BigRedChief
01-04-2019, 09:06 AM
I woke up from a dream... that the Colts beat the Texans and we play the fucking Colts again for the 5th time since 1996.

Maybe we kill the monkey on our back? God, I fucking hate the Colts.Mahomes is going to settle all family business.
https://www.toledoblade.com/image/2016/12/03/GODFATHER2-jpg.jpg

BigRedChief
01-04-2019, 09:07 AM
+ eleventy billion

I don't care who it is, just get the win to erase the 1994 curse.THIS! just getting the first home playoff game win in 26 years will be more than anyone thought we'd do this year.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-04-2019, 09:21 AM
I think it’d be incredibly fitting if KC ends the curse with Indy

scho63
01-04-2019, 09:21 AM
It's time to break the losing mojo with some Mahomes Magic!

Bring on the Colts!!!

Lzen
01-04-2019, 09:23 AM
Colts lost 6-0 to the lowly Jags a few weeks ago

You are scared of that???

This is the thing I keep thinking of when people mention how good the Colts are playing.

smithandrew051
01-04-2019, 09:28 AM
Patrick Mahomes is going to cock smack any of these shit teams with his Andy Reid-sized donger. Literally not worried about anyone in the AFC.

redfan
01-04-2019, 09:34 AM
Bring it, don't sing it.

Jerok
01-04-2019, 09:35 AM
I think the texans murder the colts so we wont be facing them

Mile High Mania
01-04-2019, 09:37 AM
I think it’d be incredibly fitting if KC ends the curse with Indy

I wouldn't say it's a curse with Indy really, it's just a curse that the team needs to end in general with the playoffs, especially at home.

January 8, 1994 is the last KC playoff win in Arrowhead (Mahomes hadn't even been conceived at that point), prior to that it was December 1991 ... Mahomes plays this right and the defense doesn't buckle and KC can double their home playoff wins in this post season.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-04-2019, 09:42 AM
We know that. Cool the PA digs.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-04-2019, 09:44 AM
I wouldn't say it's a curse with Indy really, it's just a curse that the team needs to end in general with the playoffs, especially at home.

January 8, 1994 is the last KC playoff win in Arrowhead (Mahomes hadn't even been conceived at that point), prior to that it was December 1991 ... Mahomes plays this right and the defense doesn't buckle and KC can double their home playoff wins in this post season.

I meant KC’s course, ending against Indy. Probably wasn’t worded the best.

rico
01-04-2019, 09:47 AM
That’s a monkey I want off the back. Bring on the Colts!

Mile High Mania
01-04-2019, 09:49 AM
We know that. Cool the PA digs.

Yes, now that was total PA.

bowener
01-04-2019, 09:52 AM
Not the Colts I pray. Best line in football will compromise our pash rush leaving Luck to kill our shitty secondary. Please not them.

This. Neither team will be able to get to the other QB, and both secondaries are less than stellar. It will be a high scoring game filled with defensive penalties in the secondary. If it comes down to that I like our chances at home, but it will be too close all game.

TEX
01-04-2019, 09:57 AM
Bad matchup? If they are a bad mathup then how is Baltimore, LAC or Houston any better?

They have no pass rush.
There running game is mediocre.
They have played the worst schedule in the NFL and barely squeezed in the playoffs.

Yes. Very bad matchup.

As far as your schedule comment goes, it was not as hard as KC's, but AFC South was only division in NFL with 3 winning teams. They barely made the playoffs because they had to overcome their 1 -5 start, but they went 9-1 in their last 10 to do it.

One of the Best OL's in football - Can neutralize KC pass rush and expose the Secondary. TY Hilton will burn our DB's. Great TE also.
Luck can extend plays and can scramble
Colts can run the ball much better than you're giving them credit for, especially situationally.
Decent defense.

You never want to play the "Hot" team coming into the playoffs, especially if that team is balanced, and the Colts are.

KC has a lot of weapons too, and will present problems for Indy no doubt. But the defense will have to get stops, and not sure they can get enough of them if the pass rush is contained. Good thing is the Colts turn the ball over a lot.

Every team will be tough in the playoffs. I'm simply saying, if I had a choice, I would rather face aother team that is a better matchup.

Spott
01-04-2019, 10:05 AM

I was actually at both of those games. Hard to believe how long ago that was.

TEX
01-04-2019, 10:08 AM

Can also double their Super Bowl Wins...;)

pugsnotdrugs19
01-04-2019, 10:09 AM
I’d like to just bring this talk about the Colts OL neutralizing KC’s pass rush to a bit of a pause.

Is their OL really good? Sure. But so was the Rams. And they didn’t block KC too well even with when playing at home.

The Colts OL is very strong with run blocking, especially on the interior. But at Arrowhead with a fired up crowd and tons of energy—there is no chance IMO that they’re going to consistently block Jones, Ford, and Houston. They’re not. Anthony Castonzo and rookie RT Braden Smith are not shutting Ford and Houston down. Chris Jones can whoop any guard in the NFL’s ass on any given play.

Mile High Mania
01-04-2019, 10:14 AM
Can also double their Super Bowl Wins...;)

That too... and this one would be broadcast in color.

kcfanXIII
01-04-2019, 10:44 AM
"The Colts are in your head"

You're damn right they are. If I had a dollar for everytime they've knocked us out of the playoffs, I could buy a cheap pack of smokes with a coupon....

Coochie liquor
01-04-2019, 10:45 AM
It's time to break the losing mojo with some Mahomes Magic!

Bring on the Colts!!!

This. We have the best qb in the league. Time to break the curse!

old_geezer
01-04-2019, 10:54 AM
I want the Colts. There are several reasons but the main one: If the Colts beat the Texans they will play us. New England will then get the winner of the Baltimore/Los Angeles game. I think the Texans are the weakest team left by far and I don't want the Patriots with a cakewalk the week before they come to Kansas City.

DJJasonp
01-04-2019, 11:37 AM
I look at these things like - losing to which team would hurt the most.......

Given that for 13 weeks of the season, barely a glimpse of a charger jersey was seen in so-cal.......then they get gifted the win at Arrowhead - and boom - back come the Gates and Weddle jerseys....

Losing to anyone would suck - losing to the team that plays in a soccer stadium for fans who switch back and forth between fade and bolts jerseys - would be a nightmare out here.

Let's just win and make this easy.

Halfcan
01-04-2019, 11:50 AM
Have you seen the Colts schedule? The teams they played that were any good- they lost too. They are not really a very good team at all.

They put up stats against teams like the Bills, Jets, Giants and Dolphins- same as the Pats.

Their defense can't run with KC.

htismaqe
01-04-2019, 11:51 AM
I look at these things like - losing to which team would hurt the most.......

Given that for 13 weeks of the season, barely a glimpse of a charger jersey was seen in so-cal.......then they get gifted the win at Arrowhead - and boom - back come the Gates and Weddle jerseys....

Losing to anyone would suck - losing to the team that plays in a soccer stadium for fans who switch back and forth between fade and bolts jerseys - would be a nightmare out here.

Let's just win and make this easy.

If the Chiefs lose in the first round AGAIN, it's going to hurt, regardless of the opponent. Not a good perspective to look at it from.

Imon Yourside
01-04-2019, 12:01 PM
If the Chiefs lose in the first round AGAIN, it's going to hurt, regardless of the opponent. Not a good perspective to look at it from.

We aren't losing this weekend!

htismaqe
01-04-2019, 12:02 PM
We aren't losing this weekend!

LOL

We aren't losing next weekend either! :harumph:

Imon Yourside
01-04-2019, 12:11 PM
LOL

We aren't losing next weekend either! :harumph:

Channel thy spirit, good fellow. You got it! :D

MahiMike
01-04-2019, 12:47 PM
It's destiny. Not only do we win our 1st home playoff game since Montana, we do it while beating the colts.

FloridaMan88
01-04-2019, 12:54 PM
JFC, I flip to today on my sports daily flip calendar and it has the 2014 Chiefs choke job to the Colts as today’s “this day in sports history” fact.

What a shitty way to start the day, I wanted to take a blowtorch to my desk.

Reerun_KC
01-04-2019, 01:14 PM
JFC, I flip to today on my sports daily flip calendar and it has the 2014 Chiefs choke job to the Colts as today’s “this day in sports history” fact.

What a shitty way to start the day, I wanted to take a blowtorch to my desk.

Historically one of the Chiefs biggest games next to those super bowl games.

ChiefBlueCFC
01-04-2019, 01:52 PM

Maybe we kill the monkey on our back? God, I fucking hate the Colts.

Well, its not inevitable they play the Colts because they can still lose. Then, BOOM, Chiefs are playing Chargers/Ravens. And I'm not really "dreading" playing anyone. I'm more nervous about Bob's defense and Andy getting to tight and calling shit conservatively.

ChiefBlueCFC
01-04-2019, 01:54 PM

This is the reason I would welcome the Colts in KC. But really, idc who we face

RunKC
01-04-2019, 03:04 PM
Did some more digging and found that the Colts pass rush is a complete fraud.

Of course they look good going against the worst OL twice (Texans gave up 62 sacks). They had 12 sacks combined from those 2 games and their best pass rusher (Denico Autry) got half of his 9 sacks from those 2 games alone.

26 sacks in 14 games. That averages out to 30 without the Texans padding their stats. Now compare that to the best pass rush aka us who have 52 sacks.

The only way they can get pressure is blitz. Mahomes kills those types of teams.

Lex Luthor
01-04-2019, 03:41 PM

Completely agree. I would MUCH rather play against Philip Rivers than Andrew Luck. It's not even close.

Shaid
01-04-2019, 03:44 PM
I welcome it.

SithCeNtZ
01-04-2019, 03:50 PM

Of course they look good going against the worst OL twice (Texans gave up 62 sacks). They had 12 sacks combined from those 2 games and their best pass rusher (Denico Autry) got half of his 9 sacks from those 2 games alone.

26 sacks in 14 games. That averages out to 30 without the Texans padding their stats. Now compare that to the best pass rush aka us who have 52 sacks.

The only way they can get pressure is blitz. Mahomes kills those types of teams.

The colts are wildly overrated in every way. I’ve seen most of their games for various reasons and people don’t realize how close this team is to being just 7-9 8-8, and that’s with one of the easiest schedules in the NFL. If the colts played the chiefs schedule they would be 5-11 at best. I’ll run down some of their games so people on here will calm down and stop saying they are “hot”.

Week 8 in Oakland - the colts are actually losing to the raiders at the end of the third quarter 28-21. The colts tie it up in the fourth. The raiders then promptly go 3 and out and their kicker shanks the punt for 25 yards. Colts go and score to take the lead. The next play the raiders fumble and the colts score again. What was a close game in the fourth looks like a blowout because the raiders were the raiders.

Week 9 home against Jax - they allow Blake Bortles to go 26-38 for 320 2 TDS. The Jags lose by 3 but actually had the ball at the colts 35 with 1:35 left and fumble. A mildly competent team takes them to OT, a good team beats them with a TD. The Jags are neither.

Week 11 at home against the dolphins - the colts are actually losing to the dolphins by 10 in the fourth, but the dolphins gain net -1 yard IN THE ENTIRE QUARTER and it takes a FG at the buzzer for the colts to win. Again, even a decent team takes the to OT at worst. A good team easily wins.

Colts lose to the Jags 6-0 lololololol

Week 16 at home against the giants - colts allow Eli to go 25-33 for 300 yards with no OBJ in a must win game and only win with a TD with less than a minute to play.

Week 17 - in a must win game on the road, the colts struggle to put away Blaine Gabbert. Who knows what might have happened if Marriota plays.

Read those recaps again. If I told you before the season the chiefs would have a bye and play the team listed here who won these games, would anyone have complained? No. The only reason everyone on here wants someone other than the colts is because of our history against Indy. That’s it. They beat a mediocre Cowboys team at home after they basically clinched the division the week before. Amazing. They gave up 42 points to the Jets and lost, got destroyed by the Pats in a game that was never competitive, and got bailed out against some awful teams in an awful division. We want the Colts, and it isn’t close, unless you think the team that let the likes of Eli and Gabbert destroy them is amazing.

Rain Man
01-04-2019, 03:55 PM
All of that talk about the Colts winning in the fourth quarter is making me curl up into a fetal position.

bowener
01-04-2019, 03:57 PM

And unfortunately our defensive strengths lineup against their offensive strengths. They are great at keeping Luck on his feet, and we are solid at getting to the QB. If Luck has more than 2 seconds to throw he will find an open receiver. If the Chiefs play the Colts it will be a close game and we have to hope as fans that Arrowhead is enough of an advantage.

BigRedChief
01-04-2019, 04:45 PM
It’s the semi-finals of the AFC. Your going to play a “hot” or “good” team. That’s a given. Why not get some revenge?

Shiver Me Timbers
01-04-2019, 05:05 PM
I don't care who the Chiefs Play
No more one and done with PMII
Bring it

CoMoChief
01-04-2019, 05:06 PM
Chargers have more weapons.

notorious
01-04-2019, 05:13 PM
All this talk about the Colts. Watch the Texans run a train on their ass.

Reerun_KC
01-04-2019, 06:31 PM

And then come to arrowhead and rush for 250 yards on their way to NE.

Rivaldo
01-04-2019, 06:33 PM
I'm ready for some foo baw! How 'bout you guys??

New World Order
01-04-2019, 06:34 PM
Completely agree. I would MUCH rather play against Philip Rivers than Andrew Luck. It's not even close.

And LA's elite pass rush?

We didn't have that great of an offensive performance vs LA.

staylor26
01-04-2019, 06:35 PM
And then come to arrowhead and rush for 250 yards on their way to NE.

Umm there’s no chance the Texans play the Chiefs in the 2nd round.

Reerun_KC
01-04-2019, 06:36 PM
Umm there’s no chance the Texans play the Chiefs in the 2nd round.

Then theres nothing to worry about.

staylor26
01-04-2019, 06:43 PM
Then theres nothing to worry about.

There never was.

The Texans are the last team I’m afraid of.

RunKC
01-04-2019, 07:04 PM
aside from Chiefs PTSD, I’m really only worried about the Ravens. We do not match up well with them at all.

BigRedChief
01-04-2019, 08:37 PM
Joe Montana:

Fun fact: The last time the The Kansas City Chiefs won a playoff game at home was with the ‘94 team that I was honored to be a part of. The Chiefs have home field advantage this year and I got Patrick Mahomes taking them all the way in my Balto bracket. http://www.playbalto.com/?id=cooljoe

New World Order
01-04-2019, 10:15 PM
aside from Chiefs PTSD, I’m really only worried about the Ravens. We do not match up well with them at all.

We beat them with gimped players. And they were healthy.

Yet no one seems concerned about LA. The team that beat us with no Allen, Gordon or Henry.

We had one of the worst offensive performances of the year against the Chargers.

Chieftain
01-04-2019, 10:35 PM
Been a Chiefs fans for the past 22 years, going back to the days of Elvis Grbac, D-Thomas, James Hasty, Louie Aguiar, T-Vanover, Dale Carter.. and others. Like for everyone here, the playoff runs have been a big dissapointment. If there is one team I'd rather play and beat it would be these Colts. And then Brady and the Pats after that followed by Brees and the Saints in the Superbowl. As a fan this would be my dream playoff scenario. I think the Chiefs can win it all here. I really do. Mahomes is special. The offense is special. Defence will tighten things up. From all the teams out there, I don't see anyone clearly above the Chiefs.

suzzer99
01-04-2019, 10:41 PM

This - exactly. They could hold us under 26 pts and run it down our throats. They'd still need to win the turnover battle and get a few lucky breaks - but given it's the Chiefs in the playoffs you can almost count on that.

KChiefs1
01-04-2019, 10:52 PM

Then we get the Chargers/Ravens winner on a short week.

stevieray
01-04-2019, 10:56 PM

2006 was in Indy.

I've been to every one except 96.

It's payback time....

suzzer99
01-04-2019, 11:55 PM
Am I the only who's starting to feel slowly rising anxiety about this game (whomever we play)?

Reerun_KC
01-05-2019, 02:29 AM
Am I the only who's starting to feel slowly rising anxiety about this game (whomever we play)?

Yes. I’m as calm as the waveless ocean.

MMXcalibur
01-05-2019, 03:07 AM
The more I think about it, the more I want the Colts to come to Arrowhead.

We owe them a foot in their collective asses and there's no better way to state that the past should stay dead and buried than Mahomes beating the everloving shit out of those fuckstains.

crazycoffey
01-05-2019, 03:49 AM
This is the best “monkey of our backs” for a chiefs playoff game at home, if ever there was one. New generation, let’s do it. This is what I want. A win over anyone else before the championship game will not exercise the demons like a win over the colts would. Skeletons in the closet, expose them bones

ptlyon
01-05-2019, 08:08 AM

Then the one and a half they're giving is a fallacy.

But it's not. They aren't that good and Vegas knows it, 9 week win streak be damned.

We will know in less than 12 hours.

FlaChief58
01-05-2019, 08:28 AM
It really doesn't matter to me who they play. Just win 3 more games!

Hammock Parties
01-05-2019, 08:29 AM
Luck outside the top 10

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DwAXMARXgAAat9S.jpg

Hammock Parties
01-05-2019, 08:30 AM
the Colts don't blitz

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dv7inmfWwAAwJac.jpg

BigRedChief
01-05-2019, 08:38 AM
2006 was in Indy.

I've been to every one except 96.

It's payback time....Yeah, we were having a lot of fun at that game until it was decided to run LJ up the middle into a 9 tackler box 35 times. :#
But, pre-game was great.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2019, 09:00 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Colts are 9-1 in their last 10 games. Here is who they’ve beat in that stretch.<br><br>Titans 2x<br>Bills<br>Raiders<br>Jags<br>Dolphins<br>Giants<br>Texans<br>Dallas<br><br>Lost 6-0 to Jags<br><br>2 good wins and 7 wins over crap teams! Shut out vs a bad Jags team.</p>&mdash; Michael Howard (@ScarredChief) <a href="https://twitter.com/ScarredChief/status/1081565861511598080?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 5, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

pugsnotdrugs19
01-05-2019, 09:18 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Colts are 9-1 in their last 10 games. Here is who they’ve beat in that stretch.<br><br>Titans 2x<br>Bills<br>Raiders<br>Jags<br>Dolphins<br>Giants<br>Texans<br>Dallas<br><br>Lost 6-0 to Jags<br><br>2 good wins and 7 wins over crap teams! Shut out vs a bad Jags team.</p>&mdash; Michael Howard (@ScarredChief) <a href="https://twitter.com/ScarredChief/status/1081565861511598080?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 5, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Colts are absolutely the preferred opponent for me at this time.

Colts
Chargers
Ravens

BigRedChief
01-05-2019, 09:18 AM
<twitter-widget class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" id="twitter-widget-0" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; transform: rotate(0deg); max-width: 100%; width: 500px; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;" data-tweet-id="1081565861511598080"></twitter-widget>
<script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>http://www.rebelparkradio.fm/app/uploads/2015/10/Bring-It-On.png<iframe scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.8f9047c344e062fa7c7ada2fa8332f75.html?origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.chiefsplanet.com&settingsEndpoint=https%3A%2F%2Fsyndication.twitter.com%2Fsettings" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;" frameborder="0"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe>

patteeu
01-05-2019, 10:03 AM
This is the best “monkey of our backs” for a chiefs playoff game at home, if ever there was one. New generation, let’s do it. This is what I want. A win over anyone else before the championship game will not exercise the demons like a win over the colts would. Skeletons in the closet, expose them bones

I agree with everything you say here, except that I'd rather exorcise the demons than work them out. :)

Chiefshrink
01-05-2019, 10:45 AM
Not in the least do I dread playing the Colts. I dread playing the Ravens because they are a far more physical than we are and we do not do well against real physical teams especially when our defense mimics a yorkshire terrior as opposed to a pit bull.

gblowfish
01-05-2019, 11:11 AM
If we get the Colts, and if we lose to them, I'm going to have to kill a horse.

NJChiefsFan
01-05-2019, 11:12 AM

I’ll take the Colts for sure

What happened here?

bricks
01-05-2019, 12:03 PM
If we get the Colts, and if we lose to them, I'm going to have to kill a horse.

I say kill a Colt and behead it.

keg in kc
01-05-2019, 12:04 PM
What happened here?Mult says "oops".

RunKC
01-05-2019, 12:15 PM
It’s been a tough week for me. My nephew has been hospitalized with a very bad case of RSV. A 3 year old with no idea what’s going on is being held down to get needles and prods all over him bc he can’t breathe.

To add that I just found out last night that my mom has lung cancer and next week will find out for sure what stage this is in.

I don’t know if my soul can take another loss to the Colts. It sure would help me and my family out if we won though.

My nephew is as big of a Mahomes fan as anyone. He went to camp and saw him in person. I want his first playoff experience to be different.

patteeu
01-05-2019, 12:17 PM
Mult says "oops".

LOL, that would be funny.

KChiefs1
01-05-2019, 12:35 PM
the Colts don't blitz

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dv7inmfWwAAwJac.jpg

Patrick Mahomes’ passer rating against the blitz?

Best mark in the NFL.

grandllama
01-05-2019, 04:04 PM
Sitting at a bar outside Indy and the fans are already screaming "Bring on the Chiefs!"

I was at the game where Luck threw to himself.

I was at the game with no punts.

While I want to exorcise this demon horse, it will have to happen without me in attendance LOL

Hoover
01-05-2019, 04:09 PM
I'm all for the Colts looking like absolute world beaters today, and the entire sports media talk about how they will kick our ass all next week. Hard to do it back to back road games in the playoffs - as we know.

Reerun_KC
01-05-2019, 04:10 PM
So many chicken littles.

Rivaldo
01-05-2019, 04:17 PM
The colts are wildly overrated in every way. I’ve seen most of their games for various reasons and people don’t realize how close this team is to being just 7-9 8-8, and that’s with one of the easiest schedules in the NFL. If the colts played the chiefs schedule they would be 5-11 at best. I’ll run down some of their games so people on here will calm down and stop saying they are “hot”.

Week 8 in Oakland - the colts are actually losing to the raiders at the end of the third quarter 28-21. The colts tie it up in the fourth. The raiders then promptly go 3 and out and their kicker shanks the punt for 25 yards. Colts go and score to take the lead. The next play the raiders fumble and the colts score again. What was a close game in the fourth looks like a blowout because the raiders were the raiders.

Week 9 home against Jax - they allow Blake Bortles to go 26-38 for 320 2 TDS. The Jags lose by 3 but actually had the ball at the colts 35 with 1:35 left and fumble. A mildly competent team takes them to OT, a good team beats them with a TD. The Jags are neither.

Week 11 at home against the dolphins - the colts are actually losing to the dolphins by 10 in the fourth, but the dolphins gain net -1 yard IN THE ENTIRE QUARTER and it takes a FG at the buzzer for the colts to win. Again, even a decent team takes the to OT at worst. A good team easily wins.

Colts lose to the Jags 6-0 lololololol

Week 16 at home against the giants - colts allow Eli to go 25-33 for 300 yards with no OBJ in a must win game and only win with a TD with less than a minute to play.

Week 17 - in a must win game on the road, the colts struggle to put away Blaine Gabbert. Who knows what might have happened if Marriota plays.

Read those recaps again. If I told you before the season the chiefs would have a bye and play the team listed here who won these games, would anyone have complained? No. The only reason everyone on here wants someone other than the colts is because of our history against Indy. That’s it. They beat a mediocre Cowboys team at home after they basically clinched the division the week before. Amazing. They gave up 42 points to the Jets and lost, got destroyed by the Pats in a game that was never competitive, and got bailed out against some awful teams in an awful division. We want the Colts, and it isn’t close, unless you think the team that let the likes of Eli and Gabbert destroy them is amazing.

This post aged well.

Chiefer8989
01-05-2019, 04:18 PM
We are in for a shootout when Indy comes here.

Sassy Squatch
01-05-2019, 04:18 PM
YIPYIPYIP

RunKC
01-05-2019, 04:22 PM
Indy is a dome team so it’s not surprising they are doing well...in a dome.

I wonder what they will look like in sub 40 degree weather with some wind?

BlackOp
01-05-2019, 04:24 PM
Both of these teams played the easiest schedule of anyone. Colts just got shut out vs. the Jags...that's ZERO points for 4 quarters.

Chiefs will beat Indy...

01-05-2019, 04:38 PM
Colts it is. Andy you better not fuck us again.

Reerun_KC
01-05-2019, 04:38 PM
Colts it is. Andy you better not **** us again.

Not possible he learns from his mistakes.

kccrow
01-05-2019, 04:39 PM
Colts destroying the Texans right now. Will say, we could really use Berry to cover Ebron.

01-05-2019, 04:40 PM
Not possible he learns from his mistakes.I know right. Ugh

BlackOp
01-05-2019, 04:40 PM
Colts are the best match-up...I dont want any part of Rivers and his Refs.

wheeler08
01-05-2019, 04:51 PM
Sitting at a bar outside Indy and the fans are already screaming "Bring on the Chiefs!"

I was at the game where Luck threw to himself.

I was at the game with no punts.

While I want to exorcise this demon horse, it will have to happen without me in attendance LOL

Hey long time no see from Indy! Already debating going to the game with friends from southern Indiana. But I might murder them if we get beat again

crispystl
01-05-2019, 04:53 PM
Indy is a dome team so it’s not surprising they are doing well...in a dome.

I wonder what they will look like in sub 40 degree weather with some wind?Heh... that's what we said in 03' too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

dlphg9
01-05-2019, 04:54 PM
I hope we get those motherfuckers and kick and beat those bitches so hard Chunt has to release the whole roster.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-05-2019, 04:55 PM
Colts OL are big maulers mostly, and they’ve handled Houston’s strength rush for the most part. But KC brings more speed and quickness with Ford and Jones. Gonna be a battle.

grandllama
01-05-2019, 04:57 PM
First line posted - Chiefs (-5) v Colts moved quickly to -4.5

betonline.ag

Red Dawg
01-05-2019, 04:58 PM
We need to spend some higher picks on our OL
Luck is sitting back there eating a sandwich.

mschiefs1984
01-05-2019, 04:58 PM
Looks like Indy next week at Arrowhead

Time to exercise some demons

sully1983
01-05-2019, 05:00 PM
that Andrew Luck is pretty damn good .

oh and fuck the Colts .

Hoover
01-05-2019, 05:01 PM
Is Sutton coaching the Texans D today?

01-05-2019, 05:05 PM
Is Sutton coaching the Texans D today?Nah just a former chiefs d coordinator and head coach

Red Dawg
01-05-2019, 05:06 PM
Heh... that's what we said in 03' too.

Will it be sub 40? Nope it will a sunny day like 50 degrees.

Third Eye
Looks like Indy next week at Arrowhead

Time to exercise some demons

Like, get them in shape?

bricks
Nah just a former chiefs d coordinator and head coach

Texans need to play good football and eliminate bad football.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-05-2019, 05:07 PM
Not counting on it... but it sure would be nice to have Eric Berry Saturday.

grandllama
https://twitter.com/jsimbal/status/1081686044464967681?s=21

kccrow
Is Sutton coaching the Texans D today?

I don't think it matters who is. When you have an old corner getting torched non-stop and holding every other play, then it's a recipe for disaster. When that isn't happening, they have nobody to cover Ebron.

This worries me given that the Chiefs also have a problem holding receivers and if they don't have Berry to cover Ebron its the same situation.

dlphg9
01-05-2019, 05:09 PM
Heh... that's what we said in 03' too.

Hmmm. Id take Manning and that crew over Luck and this crew. Manning and crew put up 447 points that year this year 433. That offense was in the top 20 highest scoring offenses ever at that time. Their offense this year wouldnt crack the top 75 of all time. This years Colts O isnt anywhere close to as good as the 2003 Colts Offense.

New World Order
01-05-2019, 05:09 PM
Well, we better be ready

BlackOp
01-05-2019, 05:10 PM
Playing a team 3 times...coaching/scheme become paramount. BOB/Crenell are getting schooled.

Going for it at midfield then throwing to the end zone on 4th and one....stupid.

Chris Meck
fuck.

Red Dawg
Colts may finally get Sutton fired. He's to old and set in his ways actually make a plan to limit Colts offense.

New World Order
01-05-2019, 05:11 PM
Sutton will have Diarrhea Dan matched up with Hilton

Sassy Squatch
01-05-2019, 05:11 PM
Not counting on it... but it sure would be nice to have Eric Berry Saturday.
It sure would be nice to win the Powerball, too.

Best22
01-05-2019, 05:12 PM
Of course the Colts are tough but f*** the past

We have an MVP quarterback. If we had bono grbac or Green then I’d be worried

arrowheadnation
Blitz the piss out of Luck...every...damn...time.

pugsnotdrugs19
It sure would be nice to win the Powerball, too.

Let’s not get too hyperbolic. He’s not on IR yet so there’s obviously a chance.

It’s playoff time. If he can’t suit up and play, he needs to be gone immediately.

crispystl
01-05-2019, 05:14 PM
Will it be sub 40? Nope it will a sunny day like 50 degrees.Knowing our luck it will be the warmest recorded January day in Missouri's history. We have Mahomes so I'm hoping.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-05-2019, 05:14 PM
Blitz the piss out of Luck...every...damn...time.

I obviously wouldn’t every time, but it needs to be done. It’s just too easy back there for him when he has time to throw seemingly every snap.

Force him to make some snap decisions over and over and see if he fucks up a few times.

01-05-2019, 05:19 PM
Knowing our luck it will be the warmest recorded January day in Missouri's history. We have Mahomes so I'm hoping.

Sent from my SM-G950U using TapatalkForecast keeps getting better too. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190105/d068c96204d089f4c89768a10911b48c.jpg

crispystl
01-05-2019, 05:25 PM
Hmmm. Id take Manning and that crew over Luck and this crew. Manning and crew put up 447 points that year this year 433. That offense was in the top 20 highest scoring offenses ever at that time. Their offense this year wouldnt crack the top 75 of all time. This years Colts O isnt anywhere close to as good as the 2003 Colts Offense.I agree. I was just pointing out that we can't rely on the weather.

Best22
Forecast keeps getting better too. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190105/d068c96204d089f4c89768a10911b48c.jpg

Chiefs are better in warm weather

7 degree weather favors Indy over us

Warmer the better. A windy blizzard would almost guarantee a Colts win. We could use some warmth

pugsnotdrugs19

Warmer the better

True. Great OL loves the cold.

crispystl
01-05-2019, 05:27 PM

Warmer the better. A windy blizzard would almost guarantee a Colts win. We could use some warmthVery good point.

Ming the Merciless
01-05-2019, 05:28 PM
Looks that way

pugsnotdrugs19
01-05-2019, 05:28 PM
Colts are a Tampa 2 defense. Hmmm.

BossChief
01-05-2019, 05:29 PM
Good let’s find out where we sit.

Honestly, I think we NEED Berry and Watkins for us to win this super shootout.

The over under should be like 75 or 80 lol

BlackOp
Colts are a Tampa 2 defense. Hmmm.

Mahomes will pick that apart....especially with a shitty pass rush.

dirk digler
Let's hope the Colts are blowing their whole wad in this game.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-05-2019, 05:31 PM
Mahomes will pick that apart....especially with a shitty pass rush.

I’d spread them out, empty backfield, and see just how capable they are of keeping things in front of them.

Bump
01-05-2019, 05:34 PM
It would be good to get revenge on the Colts after them kicking our ass in the playoff every other time we make it. Mahomes is going to have to be on point and pretty much perfect though because Luck is going to tear our defense a new asshole.

comochiefsfan
01-05-2019, 05:38 PM
Their fans are going to the Texans subreddit right now en masse and harassing the Houston fans.

They're a bunch of classless dickheads and I hope Mahomes dips his nuts in Luck's mouth next week.

ModSocks
01-05-2019, 05:39 PM
Worst possible matchup for us and the one i was hoping to avoid. Coupled with some bad juju....just the last team i wanted.

chiefzilla1501
01-05-2019, 05:40 PM
Their fans are going to the Texans subreddit right now en masse and harassing the Houston fans.

They're a bunch of classless dickheads and I hope Mahomes dips his nuts in Luck's mouth next week.

Be easy on them. It's been a difficult 5 years worrying about not having a franchise qb.

Reerun_KC
01-05-2019, 05:44 PM
Loving this game. Come on colts. It’s mahomes time.

Spott
01-05-2019, 05:45 PM

Hopefully the mods will ban those fuckheads from coming over here for a change.

New World Order
01-05-2019, 05:51 PM
Mods need to turn guest access off on gameday.

TLO
01-05-2019, 05:55 PM
Worst possible matchup for us and the one i was hoping to avoid. Coupled with some bad juju....just the last team i wanted.

We'll be fine.

PunkinDrublic
01-05-2019, 06:02 PM
I’m not putting any faith in this team until they show something in the playoffs. I’ve put my faith in the Chiefs time and time again only to have them fuck us all in the ass with a disappointing performance in the clutch. This Chiefs defense looks like it’s going to get it's shit pushed in AGAIN by the Colts. Even if we keep up in a shootout you know the officials are going to kill one of our drives with multiple bullshit penalties.

farmerchief
01-05-2019, 06:03 PM
Colts are the best match-up...I dont want any part of Rivers and his Refs.
Announcers keep saying colts are the team nobody wants to play in the playoffs. Two weeks ago it was the Ravens that nobody wanted to play. Hell, which one is it?????
:rolleyes:

Pushead2
01-05-2019, 06:04 PM
It'll come down to our DL vs OL.

Shiver Me Timbers
01-05-2019, 06:05 PM
The Faiders could have beat the Texans today

BigRedChief
01-05-2019, 06:07 PM
We have the MVP on his home turf. They should be worried about us. Can they win a shoot out at Arrowhead?

Papi
01-05-2019, 06:11 PM
If we don't beat them and get redemption this time... I'm done...

In58men
01-05-2019, 06:13 PM

ROFL

In58men
01-05-2019, 06:14 PM
CP already having meltdowns a week before the game ROFL

JFC

Mama Hip Rockets
01-05-2019, 06:15 PM
Announcers keep saying colts are the team nobody wants to play in the playoffs. Two weeks ago it was the Ravens that nobody wanted to play. Hell, which one is it?????
:rolleyes:

Nobody wants to play in the playoffs. The playoffs are canceled.

kcclone
01-05-2019, 06:18 PM
Colts vs Chiefs will come down to who has the ball with 1 minute to go.

Scary to think how damn good the Colts will be after the spend their cap space next year.

ChiefsHawk
01-05-2019, 06:21 PM
Colts vs Chiefs will come down to who has the ball with 1 minute to go.

Scary to think how damn good the Colts will be after the spend their cap space next year.

Same can be said for the Chiefs. I'm betting 1 maybe 2 key players get restructured.

BigRedChief
01-05-2019, 06:23 PM

ROFLROFL just leave now then. :shake:

Mahomer
01-05-2019, 06:24 PM

Indeed. Would rather play the Ravens or Chargers any day. Luck is going to put up 40 against this defense. We just can't win shootouts.

kccrow
One thing for certain, the Colts won't be playing DeShaun Watson next week. Mahomes is money even under pressure. He isn't going to throw line drives into the dirt every throw or take off running instead of hitting open receivers on crossers.

pugsnotdrugs19
Chiefs weren’t getting another bye week. It’s time to lock in and end this curse, against the team who has done us the most harm.

Let’s go motherfuckers!

Halfcan
01-05-2019, 06:26 PM
I’m not putting any faith in this team until they show something in the playoffs. I’ve put my faith in the Chiefs time and time again only to have them **** us all in the ass with a disappointing performance in the clutch. This Chiefs defense looks like it’s going to get it's shit pushed in AGAIN by the Colts. Even if we keep up in a shootout you know the officials are going to kill one of our drives with multiple bullshit penalties.

Yeah, a real Power House- putting up 21 points against a shitty Texan team and then doing Nothing the second half. They got shut out by the Jags who we drug up and down the field.

Chiefs will stomp these guys next week. Count on it.

KChiefs1
01-05-2019, 06:26 PM
Captain Andrew is coming.

RN47
01-05-2019, 06:27 PM
We have the MVP on his home turf. They should be worried about us. Can they win a shoot out at Arrowhead?

This. All day this. Texans are hot garbage today, and the colts should be rolling them by at least four scores.

There’s a reason the Chiefs are the #1 seed; go rewatch some highlights. The same for Indianapolis being the sixth seed—

Our quarterback is going to blast them in the proverbial ass.

Red Dawg
01-05-2019, 06:27 PM
I don't like it. We have Bob and two rookie DBs out there.
At least NE will be forced to play somebody good and hopefully lose.

mlyonsd
01-05-2019, 06:28 PM
I'll take Mahomes against a zone.

TribalElder
Captain Andrew is coming.

https://twitter.com/CaptAndrewLuck

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dearest mother —<br>I look to the starry sky and wonder about the outcome of tomorrow’s battle. No matter the result, I count myself among the most fortunate to be a part of such a magnificent unit. And I’d be remiss to not sincerely thank you for the unwavering support. <br>— Andrew</p>&mdash; Capt. Andrew Luck (@CaptAndrewLuck) <a href="https://twitter.com/CaptAndrewLuck/status/1081332209905131520?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 4, 2019</a></blockquote>

kccrow
Yeah, a real Power House- putting up 21 points against a shitty Texan team and then doing Nothing the second half. They got shut out by the Jags who we drug up and down the field.

Chiefs will stomp these guys next week. Count on it.

This Texans' defense played about as bad as the Chiefs defense is. I'm not as concerned as I was early on in the game. I think the Chiefs have a quicker pass rush and the Texans almost got home countless times. If Berry plays, I think our secondary is alot better. Linebackers are about a wash.

BlackOp
01-05-2019, 06:30 PM
I hope KC can match 21 points....

Mama Hip Rockets
01-05-2019, 06:31 PM
Indeed. Would rather play the Ravens or Chargers any day. Luck is going to put up 40 against this defense. We just can't win shootouts.

Uh...week 1 vs. Chargers? Week 2 vs. Steelers? Week 13 vs. Raiders? TF you mean they can't win shootouts?

Reerun_KC
01-05-2019, 06:32 PM
CP already having meltdowns a week before the game ROFL

JFC

It’s gonna be a hoot of a week. These drama queens are gonna be on the razors edge. They have the chair half way kicked out from under them and their noose is tightening

Gonna be entertaining

Mahomer
01-05-2019, 06:32 PM
Wow, some of you have big confidence in our D. NO ones saying Mahomes won't put up 40. It's Luck putting up 43 that's worrying.

Mahomer
01-05-2019, 06:33 PM
Uh...week 1 vs. Chargers? Week 2 vs. Steelers? Week 13 vs. Raiders? TF you mean they can't win shootouts?

First 2 dont even count come on man. Not only did both those defenses have zero tape on how this offense worked but add in Hunt.

arrowheadnation
01-05-2019, 06:34 PM
Wow, some of you have big confidence in our D. NO ones saying Mahomes won't put up 40. It's Luck putting up 43 that's worrying.

this.

But we have Mahomes now...time to exorcise this fucking demon.

Mama Hip Rockets
01-05-2019, 06:36 PM
First 2 dont even count come on man. Not only did both those defenses have zero tape on how this offense worked but add in Hunt.

Weeks 1 and 2 don't count? So the Chiefs are only 10-4? Okay.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2019, 06:37 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Captain&#39;s Log, Supplemental.<br><br>The Colta will soon invade <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> Sector 0015. They are known to obliterate our starbases. Their commander is horrifying to behold.<br><br>But have you heard the old Phingon Proverb, that revenge is a dish best served cold? It is very cold...at our place. <a href="https://t.co/k4CW6m1wK4">pic.twitter.com/k4CW6m1wK4</a></p>&mdash; Captain Patkirk (@NCC1507) <a href="https://twitter.com/NCC1507/status/1081710321184710656?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 6, 2019</a></blockquote>

DelFan
01-05-2019, 06:38 PM
I know that those past performances have no impact on next week's game.

My head hasn't convinced my stomach of that.

ChiTown
01-05-2019, 06:42 PM
WEeee RehDay, WeeE rehday! We rehday, for ya’ll!

Fuck the Colts. Bring on those Bitches!

siberian khatru
01-05-2019, 06:43 PM
I don’t give a shit who it is. Fuck it, let’s just start beating people.

Bearcat
01-05-2019, 06:44 PM

LMAO :facepalm:

TEX
01-05-2019, 06:50 PM

Yep. Ive been saying that all week... Now I need to look at it as a chance to exorcise past playoff demons in route to the AFC Championship.

rabblerouser
01-05-2019, 07:00 PM
TIME TO EXORCISE THE DEMON.

BECAUSE MAHOMES.

rabblerouser
01-05-2019, 07:02 PM
I don’t give a shit who it is. **** it, let’s just start beating people.

This.

Redemption?

Fuck no, motherfuckers - it's a Goddamn RECKONING.

Regulators...MOUNT UP!

Oh Snap
01-05-2019, 07:02 PM
The colts remind me a lot like the chargers. Their defense isn't as good as the chargers. They are a hot team Right now. They've won their last 10 of 11 games after beating the texans. Be a shame if someone ended that...payback is a bitch!

ct
01-05-2019, 07:05 PM
we got this

rabblerouser
01-05-2019, 07:06 PM
we got this

I like your attitude, sir.

rabblerouser
01-05-2019, 07:07 PM
They're gonna need to score way more than 21 if they even want a shot.

rabblerouser
01-05-2019, 07:09 PM
It would be good to get revenge on the Colts after them kicking our ass in the playoff every other time we make it. Mahomes is going to have to be on point and pretty much perfect though because Luck is going to tear our defense a new asshole.

They scored 21 points against an average Houston D.

Houston got a turnover and made some stops...their offense was just terrible.

Luck isn't fucking Superman.

We've beat better QBs than him this year.

TambaBerry
01-05-2019, 07:10 PM
The colts, Ravens, and chargers are all very tough teams for us to handle. The only team I'd have felt good about was the Texans. Don't be scared of the Colt's because any of those three teams are really fucking good

BlackOp
01-05-2019, 07:11 PM
The Colts ancillary offensive players weren't that impressive. They have Hilton and Ebron...who had 1/2 of the yards that Kelce did this season.

I think Hill is going to kill this young secondary...Hill 1479/12 TD > Hilton 1270/6TD

Johnny Vegas
01-05-2019, 07:12 PM
Honestly this is THE matchup the Chiefs need to prove the past is the past and for everyone to get ready for the future.

SAUTO
01-05-2019, 07:13 PM
Honestly this is THE matchup the Chiefs need to prove the past is the past and for everyone to get ready for the future.

I totally agree

Hoover
01-05-2019, 07:14 PM
[Quote]Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Worst possible matchup for us and the one i was hoping to avoid. Coupled with some bad juju....just the last team i wanted.[Quote]

I disagree.

I'll tell you who I didn't want to meet in the playoffs, DeAndre Hopkins, Watson, and the Texans front seven. Now maybe I was giving them too much credit, but the Chiefs willingness to give up big plays worried me. I also prefer not to see Phyllis Rivers and that Chargers offense, you know, another team that will abandon the run and just throw the ball all over us.

Now the Colts are pretty balanced, but their defense doesn't bother me. We just need to make a few plays, gets some stops, and force some turnovers and we are on to the next round.

mcaj22
01-05-2019, 07:15 PM
They scored 21 points against an average Houston D.

Houston got a turnover and made some stops...their offense was just terrible.

Luck isn't ****ing Superman.

We've beat better QBs than him this year.

I love the optimism but you're really under estimating how terribly bad the Chiefs defense is. This place will be full meltdown when that defense lets this board down again

DenverChief
01-05-2019, 07:19 PM
I love the optimism but you're really under estimating how terribly bad the Chiefs defense is. This place will be full meltdown when that defense lets this board down again

I think you are being overly dramatic about our defense. They aren't world beaters but they aren't pee wee league either.

prhom
01-05-2019, 07:32 PM
The fans have apprehension about losing to the Colts, but I doubt the players feel that way. Most of these guys were not participants in any of those games, and only one of them has participated in more than one loss. I seriously doubt anyone on the team hates the colts like we do as fans.

That’s good and bad. They aren’t going to psych themselves out worrying about losing to the Colts again, but they also aren’t going to have any sense of wanting payback for stuff that happened to this team when they were just kids.

prhom
01-05-2019, 07:38 PM

I think we have a shot if we can get turnovers or avoid the typical holding and PI penalties. Just getting a sack isn’t enough because teams have no trouble recovering that yardage against us. We are also quite adept at getting a stop, but having a holding or PI penalty give the other team a first down.

I think a strong case could be made that if we averaged 2 or 3 less penalties in our losses we would be undefeated. We didn’t lose by much and 2 penalties less could easily make a big difference.

grandllama
01-05-2019, 07:39 PM

I agree 100% - I'm just not buying a ticket to it. I'm the bad juju that needs to be watching college basketball next Saturday.

rabblerouser
01-05-2019, 08:10 PM

The defense plays SO much better at home.

It's not even funny how much better thay are at home.

Houston's defense isn't great, either - Luck & Mack and Co. scored a whopping 21 points today.

TEX
01-05-2019, 08:11 PM
I think you are being overly dramatic about our defense. They aren't world beaters but they aren't pee wee league either.

They're about as "pee wee league" as they come as far as NFL defenses are concerned. :shrug: