PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs open as 4.5 point favorites vs the Colts

TLO
01-05-2019, 08:06 PM
Line has already moved to -5 in some spots.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-05-2019, 08:08 PM
Game over!

BossChief
01-05-2019, 08:09 PM
I’m tempted to bet 5k on Indy in this one. Then, no matter what, I’ll have something to celebrate after the game.

pugsnotdrugs19
Money will roll in on the Colts, and that is a good thing.

TLO
I’m tempted to bet 5k on Indy in this one. Then, no matter what, I’ll have something to celebrate after the game.

:eek:

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-05-2019, 08:11 PM
It's gonna go moar like this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FKrjLI40VNU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BossChief
01-05-2019, 08:11 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/colts-chiefs-betting-odds-opening-spread-trends-for-afc-divisional-game

This says Chiefs are -6

56.5 over under

MatriculatingHank
01-05-2019, 08:13 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/colts-chiefs-betting-odds-opening-spread-trends-for-afc-divisional-game

This says Chiefs are -6

56.5 over under

Give up the 6 and bet under.
Things are about to change for the better....

pugsnotdrugs19
01-05-2019, 08:14 PM
Hammer the over.

Sofa King
01-05-2019, 08:14 PM
4.5 seems pretty low given the 3.0 for having homefield.

Reerun_KC
01-05-2019, 08:15 PM
It’s the colts, arrowhead, playoffs. Three of the worse options for the chiefs.

displacedinMN
01-05-2019, 08:15 PM

why do you just give the money to me. I will put it to better use.

BossChief
01-05-2019, 08:21 PM
Hammer the over.

If history repeats itself, people that bet Indy and the over are gonna make a ton of money.

Naptown Chief
01-05-2019, 08:24 PM

Pfft... Andrew Luck is Andrew Fucked.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-05-2019, 08:25 PM
If history repeats itself, people that bet Indy and the over are gonna make a ton of money.

I think a lot of the money is going to come in on Indy. But that’s not a bad thing by any means.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-05-2019, 08:26 PM
Money will roll in on the Colts, and that is a good thing.

I don't think so. I'd gladly take the Chiefs up to -6 and probably -6.5

CaliforniaChief
01-05-2019, 08:30 PM
Everyone here is living in the past. Vegas is living in the $. I like it.

KC_Connection
01-05-2019, 08:50 PM
That will be up to -6 by game time, maybe even higher. Not giving enough respect to Mahomes or what his offense did this year.

TLO
01-05-2019, 09:16 PM
http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

Jerok
01-05-2019, 09:20 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">DeAndre Hopkins told me he suffered a grade 3 AC joint sprain in his right shoulder in the first half. played through a lot of pain in the second half. Wouldn’t come out. Needed help getting his shirt on. Couldn’t shake anyone’s hand with his right hand.</p>&mdash; James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) <a href="https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/1081715605898711040?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 6, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Shiver Me Timbers
01-05-2019, 09:21 PM
Chiefs by 7
Colts score in the last 2 min or it would be 14

KChiefs1
01-05-2019, 09:23 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">DeAndre Hopkins told me he suffered a grade 3 AC joint sprain in his right shoulder in the first half. played through a lot of pain in the second half. Wouldn’t come out. Needed help getting his shirt on. Couldn’t shake anyone’s hand with his right hand.</p>— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) <a href="https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/1081715605898711040?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 6, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Get him on the phone to Berry.

Prison Bitch
01-05-2019, 10:15 PM
Chiefs by 7
Colts score in the last 2 min or it would be 14

Sagarin had us -7 a few days ago.

Color Red
01-05-2019, 10:40 PM

The Colts in the playoffs were inevitably the next demon the Chiefs need to exorcise along their path to Glory.

TEX
01-05-2019, 11:58 PM
Get him on the phone to Berry.

And Watkins...

TEX
01-06-2019, 12:00 AM

Really? Dont put real $$$ on that. I believe you said that the Chiefs can beat the Colts, but the Colts do all the things that a team needs to do, in order to beat the Chiefs. That was very well put. To me, that does not mean giving 6.5 points.

Nzoner
01-06-2019, 08:41 PM
That will be up to -6 by game time, maybe even higher. Not giving enough respect to Mahomes or what his offense did this year.

Scores and odds is already up to -6 so money is flowing on KC

Nzoner
01-06-2019, 08:42 PM
Yeah it's way early but KC is showing 84% on the money and only 51% on the side

ChiefsFanatic
01-07-2019, 12:25 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">DeAndre Hopkins told me he suffered a grade 3 AC joint sprain in his right shoulder in the first half. played through a lot of pain in the second half. Wouldn’t come out. Needed help getting his shirt on. Couldn’t shake anyone’s hand with his right hand.</p>— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) <a href="https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/1081715605898711040?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 6, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>He is the best receiver in football. And I love Hill, but I don't even think it's close.

He didn't drop a single pass all year, per PFF. Their previous record of adjusted targets without a drop was 60, and Hopkins destroyed that with 115 adjusted targets with zero drops.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Imon Yourside
01-07-2019, 12:37 AM
Pfft... Andrew Luck is Andrew ****ed.

All of this and a bag of Tangs!

wazu
01-07-2019, 12:40 AM

Wow. A true believer. Something in this matchup that jumps out? Asking cause I also want to believe.

BWillie
01-07-2019, 01:02 AM
If the line doesn't get above -6 I think I'm going to pound it for the Chiefs to cover - and I never sports bet. There isn't a team in the AFC playoffs I'd want to play more.

Andrew fucking Luck. Most overrated QB in the fucking league.

TEX
01-07-2019, 07:21 AM
If the line doesn't get above -6 I think I'm going to pound it for the Chiefs to cover - and I never sports bet. There isn't a team in the AFC playoffs I'd want to play more.

Andrew ****ing Luck. Most overrated QB in the ****ing league.

You're wrong about Andrew Luck. There is nothing overrated about him. He is very good. Dude can beat you with his arm and legs. He'd be in the MVP conversation if it were not for Mahomes.

Do not underestimate the Colts. They are good. Can the Chiefs beat them? Yes. However, 'Hamas' said it best when he said, "The Colts do everything that a team needs to do, in order to beat the Chiefs." And Andrew Luck is a huge part of what the Colts do well.

arrowheadnation
01-07-2019, 07:51 AM
I just read a story on CBS.com saying it has been bet up to Chiefs -6 in some places.

JohnnyHammersticks
01-07-2019, 10:10 AM
As much as I hate to say it, I'd take the Colts at +5 all day long. Maybe it's just me being a jaded Chiefs fan, but I think the Colts win this game. I hope so badly that I'm wrong.

JD10367
01-07-2019, 10:33 AM
Colts D was looking very good but I still think the Chiefs have too much firepower and enough front line pressure on D. On one or two long drives Indy will have to settle for FGs, while KC will be scoring quick TDs. It’ll be back and forth but I’d still take the Chiefs +6 and the over.

deadman
01-07-2019, 10:37 AM
Colts opened as underdogs to the Texans as well...

https://i.imgflip.com/r9soy.jpg?a429408

Mecca
01-07-2019, 10:40 AM
Everyone needs to chill the fuck out, if you really think the Chiefs don't win this game with the damn MVP QB you are honestly just an abused fan. You're like a dog that flinches anytime someone reaches for it.

TEX
01-07-2019, 10:41 AM
As much as I hate to say it, I'd take the Colts at +5 all day long. Maybe it's just me being a jaded Chiefs fan, but I think the Colts win this game. I hope so badly that I'm wrong.

I agree. Stated my reasons earlier in the thread. To sum it up, I'm gonna steal a take from Hamas when he said that the Chiefs CAN beat the Colts, BUT the Colts do things well, that a team needs to do, in order to beat the Chiefs.

Mecca
01-07-2019, 10:42 AM
Other than they play a defensive coverage that sucks balls against this team.

TEX
01-07-2019, 10:43 AM
Everyone needs to chill the **** out, if you really think the Chiefs don't win this game with the damn MVP QB you are honestly just an abused fan. You're like a dog that flinches anytime someone reaches for it.

There is some truth there - at least in my case. But I can certainly see how the Colts could win this game. Lets start with the Chiefs best weapon - The QB argument is kind of a wash in this one though. Their QB is more than capable to do damage as well. Mahomes might win the individual battle but lose the war.

smithandrew051
01-07-2019, 10:44 AM

Then I assume you’ll be throwing some money down on this, right? Sounds like you could clean up if you’re so confident.

Mecca
01-07-2019, 10:46 AM
There is some truth there - at least in my case. But I can certainly see how the Colts could win this game. Lets start with the Chiefs best weapon - The QB argument is kind of a wash in this one though. Their QB is more than capable to do damage as well. Mahomes might win the individual battle but lose the war.

It's literally nothing more than history, the colts were a 1-5 team, the 6 seed coming to the 1 seeds house.

Look at their schedule they beat a bunch of power puffs, they had I believe the easiest schedule in the league and the one team they played that had a good record was Houston..and their schedule was 29th.

I'm not gonna crown them when they've really done nothing but beat shit holes.

deadman
01-07-2019, 10:56 AM
It's literally nothing more than history, the colts were a 1-5 team, the 6 seed coming to the 1 seeds house.

Look at their schedule they beat a bunch of power puffs, they had I believe the easiest schedule in the league and the one team they played that had a good record was Houston..and their schedule was 29th.

False, uneducated statement. They weren't stomping the Saints, Rams, Patriots but they blanked the Cowboys and embarrassed the Texans and Titans. That's something.

The Colts haven't played many nationally televised games so it not likely that you know much about them other than seeing highlights. Andrew Luck IS playing the best football of his career and we have a dominant O-Line that is opening big holes in the running game and keeping Andrew clean in the pocket. The D is opportunistic and will force your O to dink and dunk down the field with the hope that more plays = more opportunities to create a turnover.

The Chiefs are fun to watch and Mahomes has been playing great for sure. Colts will look to control the clock with a solid run game. I do not anticipate a 40+ scoring game but somewhere in the 20s.

Mecca
01-07-2019, 11:01 AM
The Texans and Titans are also shitholes that only had decent record because that division got a cakewalk schedule this year.

Beat the Cowboys...impressive, considering they are extremely hit or miss. But like it or not there is a reason the Colts SOS is terrible.

Chiefnj2
01-07-2019, 11:02 AM
Everyone needs to chill the **** out, if you really think the Chiefs don't win this game with the damn MVP QB you are honestly just an abused fan. You're like a dog that flinches anytime someone reaches for it.

Said all Chief fans before the last Chargers game.

Mecca
01-07-2019, 11:04 AM
Said all Chief fans before the last Chargers game.

If you really think they'll lose playoff games "just because" why are you watching?

That sounds like an exercise in frustration.

TEX
01-07-2019, 11:07 AM

All true friend... But I see Luck, Hilton, Mack, Ebron, and the best OL in the NFL that is capable of imposing their will on our DeTards. I get your point, that Mahomes & Co will light them up too, BUT I see their semi decent defense as being the ones who get the needed one or two stops here and there to put them in position to win this game.

DJ's left nut
01-07-2019, 11:11 AM
False, uneducated statement. They weren't stomping the Saints, Rams, Patriots but they blanked the Cowboys and embarrassed the Texans and Titans. That's something.

The Colts haven't played many nationally televised games so it not likely that you know much about them other than seeing highlights. Andrew Luck IS playing the best football of his career and we have a dominant O-Line that is opening big holes in the running game and keeping Andrew clean in the pocket. The D is opportunistic and will force your O to dink and dunk down the field with the hope that more plays = more opportunities to create a turnover.

The Chiefs are fun to watch and Mahomes has been playing great for sure. Colts will look to control the clock with a solid run game. I do not anticipate a 40+ scoring game but somewhere in the 20s.

That 'opportunistic d' isn't as good as a handful of defenses the Chiefs have faced this year and KC hasn't been below 26 at all this season.

The Colts are such a similar team to the Chiefs. The Colts run a somewhat passive scheme because apart from Leonard they're a team of JAGs. I mean am I really going to act like Kenny Moore is a shutdown DB? Desir and Walker are...fine. Autry came out of nowhere this year and had a very good year, but he's still a guy that didn't stick with Oakland and got 7 of his 9 sacks against Houston and Jax. I dunno...not gonna lose sleep there. I like Sheard; very underrated player but still someone who I'd say is merely good.

They aren't a dynamite defense; but rather a couple of good players and a bunch of complementary pieces that look to avoid collapsing around them. The Chiefs are the same animal on defense IF they can get representative play from Lucas and Ward (thank God the Parker era is over...).

They play a Cover 2 shell to keep plays in front of them and wait for the QB to make a mistake. And that's not a bad plan with their personnel but it's not a plan that's going to shut down what the Chiefs do. Mahomes at home should be able to avoid the kind of braindead crap that Watson pulled; he's simply an entirely different animal. And frankly, Travis Kelce should be able to go for 8/135 and a score fairly easily against them. I don't see them having the athleticism in the back end to be able to do any kind of Cover 1 looks with Hill out there so Kelce's just gonna be a brutal matchup for them. If they try to bracket him, I could see Williams being huge out of the backfield but not just on swings - they'll have him out there on wheel routes, etc... and attack the intermediate zones with him.

Offensively they're also very similar to KC but I simply like our guys a little more. Kelce's better than Ebron, Hill's better than Hilton and I'd take Mahomes over Luck (though Luck's played incredibly well this year). Their interior OL is better than ours but I like our tackles better and I think our edge rushers can do some work there, especially with Nelson likely having his hands full with Jones.

My biggest worry, both ways, is going to be 3rd downs. The Colts, when they're going well, are seeing a lot of 3rd and shorts and Luck is a surgeon there. He's like Brady - on 3rd and 5 or fewer, he's not going to get sacked and he's probably not going to miss. So you just have to hold on and pray that a DB makes a play - never a great place to be in for this team. On offense the Chiefs have been in more 3rd and longer situations than I like to see of late. That's when that Cover 2 shell can really shine for the Colts. So if this game goes Indy's way, it will likely turn on 2nd down - can the Chiefs do well enough defensively on 2nd to force 3rd and 7s or longer and can the Chiefs do well enough offensively to keep those 3rd downs shorter for them and force the Colts into more aggressive decisions on defense that I don't think they have the overall personnel to handle well.

We shall see, but I like our chances.

chiefzilla1501
01-07-2019, 11:15 AM

They went 1-1 vs the titans. Both games started by Gabbert. Titans had a handful of Gabbert games and somehow indy got 2 of them. Wouldn't rack that up as an accomplishment.

I think it will be a shootout. Indy will establish the run. But chiefs will go up tempo and score in a hurry. If the Colts go cover 2, the Chiefs will attack the zone, not dink and dunk.

DJ's left nut
01-07-2019, 11:20 AM
All true friend... But I see Luck, Hilton, Mack, Ebron, and the best OL in the NFL that is capable of imposing their will on our DeTards. I get your point, that Mahomes & Co will light them up too, BUT I see their semi decent defense as being the ones who get the needed one or two stops here and there to put them in position to win this game.

I just cannot forget the Anthony Castonzo that spent 3/4 of his career getting his QB blasted. He looked like he'd figured something out in '14 but from 15-17 he stalled and/or regressed. Maybe he found it again this year but I can't get there. And I liked Braden Smith coming out but and he's had a nice year but he's still ideally a guard. I think he's going to be just a tick overmatched by Ford's speed especially with Ford making major strides in technique that will be able to punish Smith if he tries to cheat.

I like that interior line, don't get me wrong. And they play extremely well as a unit. But Jones and Bailey are just so physically imposing that they're pretty tough to handle straight up so I don't see the Ts getting a lot of help in this game. That's where the Chiefs will have to do their damage. And Mack is an efficient running between the tackles (better vision than I'd expected) but he's not an incredibly powerful guy there so if Jones, Nnadi and Bailey can muck that up in there, they can get him turning sideways and slow him up...I hope.

Chiefnj2
01-07-2019, 11:36 AM
If you really think they'll lose playoff games "just because" why are you watching?

That sounds like an exercise in frustration.

Being a fan of the Chiefs is the definition of an exercise in frustration.

KC should win. They have better offensive weapons with a QB playing better than Luck. But, you can't ignore how bad the defense is and Andy Reid's history of being out-coached in the 2nd half of big games. And, ever since the loss of Hunt, loss of Watkins and Hill's foot injury the offense hasn't been as potent as early in the season.

One thing you see time and time again in the playoffs (and not just from the Chiefs) is that the problems you have in the regular season are magnified in the postseason. An unreliable kicker, a player who fumbles, etc. You saw it yesterday.

I was extremely jealous watching the Chargers yesterday because Gus Bradley showed the ability to adapt and gameplan better than anything Sutton has been able to do in his tenure in KC.

I don't know what the Texans did exactly in the second half of their game, but whatever it is I'm hoping Sutton picked up on it and the players can half-way execute it.

chiefzilla1501
01-07-2019, 11:46 AM
Being a fan of the Chiefs is the definition of an exercise in frustration.

KC should win. They have better offensive weapons with a QB playing better than Luck. But, you can't ignore how bad the defense is and Andy Reid's history of being out-coached in the 2nd half of big games. And, ever since the loss of Hunt, loss of Watkins and Hill's foot injury the offense hasn't been as potent as early in the season.

One thing you see time and time again in the playoffs (and not just from the Chiefs) is that the problems you have in the regular season are magnified in the postseason. An unreliable kicker, a player who fumbles, etc. You saw it yesterday.

I was extremely jealous watching the Chargers yesterday because Gus Bradley showed the ability to adapt and gameplan better than anything Sutton has been able to do in his tenure in KC.

I don't know what the Texans did exactly in the second half of their game, but whatever it is I'm hoping Sutton picked up on it and the players can half-way execute it.

I'm a big critic of Andy Reid game managing.

But this game feels different. It reminds me of the Houston win where we walked in with every built in nervous tick but we flat out rolled them. I've been skeptical of every chiefs playoff game in decades. I'm not nervous about this one. We'll take care of business and we'll roll them. Our defense might surprise with some recent adjustments. But it doesn't matter... Because our offense will roll no matter what Sutton does.

BWillie
01-07-2019, 12:02 PM
You're wrong about Andrew Luck. There is nothing overrated about him. He is very good. Dude can beat you with his arm and legs. He'd be in the MVP conversation if it were not for Mahomes.

Do not underestimate the Colts. They are good. Can the Chiefs beat them? Yes. However, 'Hamas' said it best when he said, "The Colts do everything that a team needs to do, in order to beat the Chiefs." And Andrew Luck is a huge part of what the Colts do well.

Then how come he throws more garbage time TDs than anyone else?

TEX
01-07-2019, 12:11 PM

I don't know that he does. You seem to though, so I'll take you for your word on that one...However, this is what I do know - This season he is playing the best football of his career. He is legit, is very good and very smart.

If I didn't have Mahomes as my QB, I'd want Luck over anyone else in the league. I bet most would agree with that also. I'd just pray that he shaves his neck beard. That really grosses me out!

TEX
01-07-2019, 12:14 PM
I just cannot forget the Anthony Castonzo that spent 3/4 of his career getting his QB blasted. He looked like he'd figured something out in '14 but from 15-17 he stalled and/or regressed. Maybe he found it again this year but I can't get there. And I liked Braden Smith coming out but and he's had a nice year but he's still ideally a guard. I think he's going to be just a tick overmatched by Ford's speed especially with Ford making major strides in technique that will be able to punish Smith if he tries to cheat.

I like that interior line, don't get me wrong. And they play extremely well as a unit. But Jones and Bailey are just so physically imposing that they're pretty tough to handle straight up so I don't see the Ts getting a lot of help in this game. That's where the Chiefs will have to do their damage. And Mack is an efficient running between the tackles (better vision than I'd expected) but he's not an incredibly powerful guy there so if Jones, Nnadi and Bailey can muck that up in there, they can get him turning sideways and slow him up...I hope.

Hope you're right! I just know the Texans have a pretty darn good D-line and front 7, and they didn't come close to Luck all day. But you are right in that the Guards did cheat and help the Tackles defend Watt and Clowney. Maybe they can't do it as much against Jones & Co. Well see....

ptlyon
01-07-2019, 12:51 PM
Up to 5 according to The Score

deadman
01-07-2019, 01:14 PM
They went 1-1 vs the titans. Both games started by Gabbert. Titans had a handful of Gabbert games and somehow indy got 2 of them. Wouldn't rack that up as an accomplishment.

I think it will be a shootout. Indy will establish the run. But chiefs will go up tempo and score in a hurry. If the Colts go cover 2, the Chiefs will attack the zone, not dink and dunk.

False again. Colts beat the Titans both times 38-10 and then 33-17. The first game was started by Mariota but he got hurt midway.

deadman
01-07-2019, 01:17 PM

Garbage time TDs? As in, the Colts are winning and still scoring points? Not sure the Colts have had much garbage time this year getting blown out.

notorious
01-07-2019, 01:27 PM
Deadman has been polite and talking football instead of a toolshed douche.

I hope you weather the storm. We have fans from all over the league, and if you get through the hazing you might just find a place here.

deadman
01-07-2019, 01:32 PM
Deadman has been polite and talking football instead of a toolshed douche.

I hope you weather the storm. We have fans from all over the league, and if you get through the hazing you might just find a place here.

Thank you. This forum is unique and fun.

ptlyon
01-07-2019, 01:35 PM
Aw, Prairie shit. Everybody!

Nzoner
01-07-2019, 02:25 PM
Up to 5 according to The Score

Down to 5,of course I check every 3 hours or so :D

notorious
01-07-2019, 02:29 PM

I am shocked it hasn’t move closer to 3/4.

ptlyon
01-07-2019, 02:29 PM

Up, down, turn around, pick a bale of cotton!

Nzoner
01-07-2019, 02:34 PM
I am shocked it hasn’t move closer to 3/4.

That's why I'm checking every few hours this one is going to be fun tracking the money.

Right now scores and odds -5 total 57

Money bets 78% KC 22% Indy

Side bets 54% Indy 46% KC

notorious
01-07-2019, 02:37 PM
Do you think all the media love will push the weekend warrior bettors tomorrow ward Indy enough to even it out?

That much money on KC has me worried about an old-fashioned hosing so that Vegas can cover the misbalance.

Nzoner
01-07-2019, 02:44 PM
Do you think all the media love will push the weekend warrior bettors tomorrow ward Indy enough to even it out?

That much money on KC has me worried about an old-fashioned hosing so that Vegas can cover the misbalance.

I think it's still way too early and look for it to fluctuate around 4.5-6 for a few days.Like I said in an earlier post it's the last minute 4-5 point swing that makes me nervous which is what happened in '14.

Keep in mind the money % is a straight up bet so right now you have to lay $240 on KC to win $100 the side or spread is favoring Indy.

wazu
01-07-2019, 02:57 PM

I need more posts like this in my diet.

New World Order
01-07-2019, 03:00 PM

Money is on Indy

Marcellus
01-07-2019, 03:07 PM
Money is on Indy

If the spread started at 4.5 and its now up to 5 (even 5.5 at some places) wouldn't that mean the money has been on KC?

Nzoner
01-07-2019, 03:11 PM
Money is on Indy

If the spread started at 4.5 and its now up to 5 (even 5.5 at some places) wouldn't that mean the money has been on KC?

Both correct but also keep in mind that is the side or spread.However scores and odds has been as high as 6 and now back to 5 which indicates the Colts are now being bet.

New World Order
01-07-2019, 03:15 PM

Reverse line movement sometimes happens.

But it’s down to -5 now. Was at -6 I believe. Books are hedging.

Why Not?
01-07-2019, 03:19 PM
I’ll probably stay away. To much emotional “cash” already riding on it. Instead I’ll take the points for the Cowboys, Chargers and Eagles.

Nzoner
01-07-2019, 03:28 PM
I’ll probably stay away. To much emotional “cash” already riding on it. Instead I’ll take the points for the Cowboys, Chargers and Eagles.

:toast:

notorious
01-07-2019, 05:03 PM
Money is on Indy

NZoner posted 78% KC

htismaqe
01-07-2019, 05:12 PM
So for those of us that aren't mob informants or bookies, what does this mean? The Chiefs are going to lose?

stevieray
01-07-2019, 05:20 PM
NZoner posted 78% KC

Just like 95..

9-7 dome team, coming to a frigid Arrowhead to play a 13-3 Chiefs defensive team that could run the ball.

R Clark
01-07-2019, 05:26 PM
Just like 95..

9-7 dome team, coming to a frigid Arrowhead to play a 13-3 Chiefs defensive team that could run the ball.

Yep let's hope it doesn't turn out the same way.bad cold that day and loseing didn't warm ya up any.

Nzoner
01-07-2019, 10:25 PM
NZoner posted 78% KC

So for those of us that aren't mob informants or bookies, what does this mean? The Chiefs are going to lose?

I posted this before of course the numbers have changed but when you see the term money it means moneyline i.e. a straight up bet with no point spread,but you have to wager more than what you win.At the moment to bet on KC you have to put up $235 to win $100 with no spread and KC has 76% on those wagers.

The side or point spread at this moment is KC -5 which means if you bet $100 you win $100 but KC has to win by 6 points or more.As of now Indy has 55% of that wager.

It doesn't predict anything it's simply a tool one can use if they're going to bet the game to see what the majority of the public is doing.

ThaVirus
01-07-2019, 10:47 PM
Thank you. This forum is unique and fun.

Make sure to change it to dark mode

htismaqe
01-07-2019, 10:48 PM
I posted this before of course the numbers have changed but when you see the term money it means moneyline i.e. a straight up bet with no point spread,but you have to wager more than what you win.At the moment to bet on KC you have to put up $235 to win $100 with no spread and KC has 76% on those wagers.

The side or point spread at this moment is KC -5 which means if you bet $100 you win $100 but KC has to win by 6 points or more.As of now Indy has 55% of that wager.

It doesn't predict anything it's simply a tool one can use if they're going to bet the game to see what the majority of the public is doing.

I was actually joking. :)

Nzoner
01-07-2019, 10:58 PM
I was actually joking. :)

I had a feeling and should have quoted the others,one does have to admit though that using the term money can be quite confusing if one is not familiar with the term's use in gambling.

BossChief
01-07-2019, 11:16 PM
Crazy to think everyone putting their money where their mouth is thinks KC wins this game.

We are in a new age of Chiefs football, ladies and gentlemen.

78% of bettors think KC is going to beat Indy and are so confident they are willing to bet 250 bucks to just win 100.

Just, wow.

notorious
01-08-2019, 06:12 AM

Interesting. I have never heard the term “side bet” when referring to the spread. Thanks for the education.

ChiefFanForHire
01-08-2019, 07:42 AM
78% of bettors think KC is going to beat Indy and are so confident they are willing to bet 250 bucks to just win 100.

Just, wow.

I have a feeling that 78 percent will be walking funny, and grimacing when they sit down the next day.

deadman
01-08-2019, 08:11 AM

Great tip. Much better. :toast:

Nzoner
01-08-2019, 08:16 AM
If anyone is following this the overnight change

KC 82% money 44% side/spread

Back to -5.5

notorious
01-08-2019, 08:19 AM
People are betting the Chiefs win, but they think it will be by less than 5.5.

Hopefully I am reading this right.

Danguardace
01-08-2019, 08:26 AM
False again. Colts beat the Titans both times 38-10 and then 33-17. The first game was started by Mariota but he got hurt midway.

Sad sad existence spending your time coming on other teams forums to trash talk. Must be great being you.

Toad
01-08-2019, 08:30 AM

Thank you, very nice of you.
May I borrow $100 please? :D

JoeyChuckles
01-08-2019, 09:48 AM

We have a dark mode?

Jerm
01-08-2019, 10:05 AM
If anyone is following this the overnight change

KC 82% money 44% side/spread

Back to -5.5

Kinda surprised by that honestly...figured all the common $$ would flood in on the Colts and the sharp $$ would come in late on the Chiefs.

htismaqe
01-08-2019, 10:24 AM
We have a dark mode?

Yeah, go to your user control panel and go to Edit Options. Scroll down to Miscellaneous Options and it's in there. Here's some screenshots.

luv
01-08-2019, 01:24 PM
Didn't feel like this needed it's own thread. Just wondering what you all thought about this. I'm sure the figures are way oversimplified.

htismaqe
01-08-2019, 01:30 PM
Looks about right to me.

Nzoner
01-08-2019, 01:56 PM
People are betting the Chiefs win, but they think it will be by less than 5.5.

Hopefully I am reading this right.

You are correct

Nzoner
01-08-2019, 02:44 PM
If the total stays at 57 it'll be the third highest in NFL history (https://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/biggest-overunder-nfl-playoffs-ever)

Nzoner
01-09-2019, 11:24 AM
I think it's still way too early and look for it to fluctuate around 4.5-6 for a few days.Like I said in an earlier post it's the last minute 4-5 point swing that makes me nervous which is what happened in '14.

Holding steady

TLO
01-09-2019, 11:51 AM
Holding steady

Indeed.

Nzoner
01-10-2019, 12:05 PM
More money coming in on the Colts,personally I like seeing this

KC money 78%

KC side/spread 42%

Nzoner
01-11-2019, 09:35 AM
And even more on the Colts

KC money 76%

KC side/spread 41%

stumppy
01-11-2019, 09:39 AM
Yeah, go to your user control panel and go to Edit Options. Scroll down to Miscellaneous Options and it's in there. Here's some screenshots.

Or you could just scroll down to the bottom of any page you're on and change the setting there.....bottom left of page.

Nzoner
01-11-2019, 12:39 PM
Won't be here tomorrow afternoon to post updates,not that anyone cares but 3 hours later and now

KC money 75%