PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Andy Reid's 20-3 career record coming off a bye week

Buckweath
01-06-2019, 11:13 AM
...including 4-0 in the playoffs.

Big Red, you better not mess up. There would be no forgiveness this time around.

It is hard not to feel a bit nervous because of past playoff failures but man, this fanbase would completely lose it if they lose to the Colts.

With this career resume coming off a bye week, even with Alex Smith this fanbase should feel confident.

Chiefspants
01-06-2019, 11:15 AM
4-2, right?

He lost against the Steelers in 2016 and the Pats in the 04 Super Bowl, right?

Ken Bone
01-06-2019, 11:17 AM
In the chiefs 4 playoff losses to the Colts they had a different head coach in every loss.

Schottenheimer
Vermeil
Herm
Reid

If they lose Saturday that means 0-5 and Reid owns 2 of those losses. I know Clark won’t but should he move on from Reid at that point?

Bugeater
01-06-2019, 11:19 AM
In the chiefs 4 playoff losses to the Colts they had a different head coach in every loss.

Schottenheimer
Vermeil
Herm
Reid

If they lose Saturday that means 0-5 and Reid owns 2 of those losses. I know Clark won’t but should he move on from Reid at that point?
He'll just throw Sutton under the bus if that happens.

kcclone
01-06-2019, 11:29 AM

Schottenheimer
Vermeil
Herm
Reid

If Reid loses this one, I think you give him (and Veach) one more year and tell them either fix the D, or you're done next year. Then take a shot at Pete Carrol. That probably wouldn't work since he's a West Coast guy, but you could target Naggy or Pederson. I would think coaches would be lining up to coach Mahomes.

You simply cannot piss away the opportunity that Mahomes has given you. Find someone that can fix the D and manage games.

You can always find a hot shot air raid OC from the B12 to come in an call plays for Mahomes. Who woudn't want to have that OC job?

Hammock Parties
01-06-2019, 11:32 AM
lol chiefs aren't getting rid of reid unless he has two consecutive under .500 seasons

morons

he's retiring a chief

Buckweath
01-06-2019, 11:33 AM
4-2, right?

He lost against the Steelers in 2016 and the Pats in the 04 Super Bowl, right?
Those were not coming off a bye week. Well the SB in 2004 I am not sure but I guess it is not considered off a bye week in any case.

Chiefspants
01-06-2019, 11:35 AM
Those were not coming off a bye week. Well the SB in 2004 I am not sure but I guess it is not considered off a bye week in any case.

We had a bye week in the 2016 playoffs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016%E2%80%9317_NFL_playoffs#Bracket

Hammock Parties
01-06-2019, 11:35 AM
wut

yes we had the bye in 2016

LMAO

hometeam
01-06-2019, 11:36 AM
No forgiveness ? are you kidding? Are you aware what is available if we DON'T have Reid? This guy is top 3 coach in the league warts and all. Just put up the third highest scoring season in history. Pleaseeeeeee stoppppp

RINGLEADER
01-06-2019, 11:37 AM

Reid isn't going anywhere but at some point he has to own his refusal to unhitch from Sutton.

JimNasium
01-06-2019, 11:39 AM
If Reid loses this one, I think you give him (and Veach) one more year and tell them either fix the D, or you're done next year. Then take a shot at Pete Carrol. That probably wouldn't work since he's a West Coast guy, but you could target Naggy or Pederson. I would think coaches would be lining up to coach Mahomes.

You simply cannot piss away the opportunity that Mahomes has given you. Find someone that can fix the D and manage games.

You can always find a hot shot air raid OC from the B12 to come in an call plays for Mahomes. Who woudn't want to have that OC job?

You can’t be this dumb? Right?

kcclone
01-06-2019, 11:39 AM
lol chiefs aren't getting rid of reid unless he has two consecutive under .500 seasons

morons

he's retiring a chief

10-12 wins per year and a first round loss isn't acceptable with Mahomes. That was fine with Alex. We're paying Sammy Watkins half as much as the Colts spend on D.

We're paying Houston and Berry a boatload.

If Reid is unwilling to fix the D, or manage personnel decisions, then find someone that will.

We have Pat freaking Mahomes. Good coaches and GM's would drool over this job.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-06-2019, 11:44 AM
Reid ain’t going anywhere nor should he. The same can not be said for Sutton

JimNasium
01-06-2019, 11:45 AM
10-12 wins per year and a first round loss isn't acceptable with Mahomes. That was fine with Alex. We're paying Sammy Watkins half as much as the Colts spend on D.

If Reid is unwilling to fix the D, or manage personnel decisions, then find someone that will.

That’s right, I totally feel forgot about the secret list of coaches better than Reid that are available.

Molitoth
01-06-2019, 11:48 AM
I we lose, it will be because of Sutton... not Reid.

Titty Meat
01-06-2019, 11:50 AM
Reid nor sutton are going anywhere

kcclone
01-06-2019, 11:50 AM
That’s right, I totally feel forgot about the secret list of coaches better than Reid that are available.

Reid is probably the #1 NFL coach Sept-Oct. That's great. Now let's be big boys and do something in January, which is all that matters.

The excuse was always QB. We don't have that any more.

But you can waste a great QB by refusing to fix personnel and scheme issues on D.

JimNasium
01-06-2019, 11:52 AM
Reid is probably the #1 NFL coach Sept-Oct. That's great. Now let's be big boys and do something in January, which is all that matters.

The excuse was always QB. We don't have that any more.

But you can waste a great QB by refusing to fix personnel and scheme issues on D.

I can’t do anything. Nor can you. It’s a stupid discussion to suggest that Andy going anywhere. Please go away.

Marcellus
01-06-2019, 11:53 AM
LMAO That is all.

kcclone
01-06-2019, 11:54 AM
I we lose, it will be because of Sutton... not Reid.

The buck stops above Sutton's level. Reid > Veach/Sutton

Something isn't working on the defensive side of the ball. It's either Sutton or Veach, (probably both). But ultimately Reid has to do what is best for the organization and if he can't recognize that now, then it's probably never happening.

crayzkirk
01-06-2019, 11:59 AM
Does Andy Reid equal Football Purgatory?

It's great winning all of these regular season games however it means that the Chiefs are always drafting out of the top ten in the draft. This makes is really hard to replace players lost in free agency.

Are Andy and the Chiefs victims of their own success?

IowaHawkeyeChief
01-06-2019, 12:05 PM
Does Andy Reid equal Football Purgatory?

It's great winning all of these regular season games however it means that the Chiefs are always drafting out of the top ten in the draft. This makes is really hard to replace players lost in free agency.

Are Andy and the Chiefs victims of their own success?

Stupid, this is a new era with Mahomes... Andy has never had a HOF caliber quarterback, and no D McNabb wasn't close. It's going to be a great 15 years with this duo... think Belichick/Brady

Ken Bone
01-06-2019, 12:06 PM
I was just asking a simple question. I didn’t mean to upset everyone. Lol

I mean this is a site with threads about what people’s poop looks like. I didn’t think it would be too out of line to ask a reasonable question. If Andy fucks this up what are the Clarks going to do about it?

I love winning regular season games and seeing us at the top of the power rankings, however it would be nice to maybe win some playoff games too.

Trivers
01-06-2019, 12:26 PM
The buck stops above Sutton's level. Reid > Veach/Sutton

Something isn't working on the defensive side of the ball. It's either Sutton or Veach, (probably both). But ultimately Reid has to do what is best for the organization and if he can't recognize that now, then it's probably never happening.

Time to stop trolling and shut up while you are ahead.

Gravedigger
01-06-2019, 12:41 PM
Yeah, one problem at a time, get Sutton out and rework the defense first, then focus on Veach and Reid if it doesn’t get better.

Kidd Lex
01-06-2019, 12:44 PM

Some of the dumbest takes in CP history, and that's saying something. Congrats

Red Dawg
01-06-2019, 12:46 PM
Reid ain’t going anywhere nor should he. The same can not be said for Sutton

If we get to AFCCG he ain't going no where. Andy is that nuts.

farmerchief
01-06-2019, 12:56 PM
Yeah, one problem at a time, get Sutton out and rework the defense first, then focus on Veach and Reid if it doesn’t get better. I get so sick of Andy defending Sutton, when the Chiefs Defense, as rarely as it happens, has a good game. Such as last week against the Raiders, one of Andy's comments was that "Sutton had a heck of a game plan", or something to that effect!:(

Wallcrawler
01-06-2019, 01:46 PM
Yeah he was stroking sutton off after the raider game saying Bob had a "phenomenal" gameplan.

Sickening. The raiders beating themselves with 4 straight turnovers to open the game is notba reflection of Bob Sutton.

The raiders were moving the ball at will until they repeatedly shit their pants in classic raider style.

Then in the second half, the Raiders quit entirely. Offseason plans in full swing.

Sutton had very little to do with the defensive success, despite what fat andy says about his buddy.

smithandrew051
01-06-2019, 01:54 PM
Yeah he was stroking sutton off after the raider game saying Bob had a "phenomenal" gameplan.

Sickening. The raiders beating themselves with 4 straight turnovers to open the game is notba reflection of Bob Sutton.

The raiders were moving the ball at will until they repeatedly shit their pants in classic raider style.

Then in the second half, the Raiders quit entirely. Offseason plans in full swing.

Sutton had very little to do with the defensive success, despite what fat andy says about his buddy.

Would you expect/want any head coach to call out his DC in a postgame press conference though? Why allow the media to create the “Trouble in Paradise” narrative for a team that seems to have great continuity?

Things like that are best handled behind closed doors. Now, do I believe Reid is taking Sutton behind the woodshed when the media isn’t watching? Absolutely not.

I just wouldn’t take anything away from what Reid says at the podium. He rarely says anything noteworthy anyway.

kcclone
01-06-2019, 02:42 PM
Some of the dumbest takes in CP history, and that's saying something. Congrats

I said *IF* we lose to the Colts, you tell Andy and Veach they have 1 year to figure something out on Defense.

If Andy doesn't get the message that something has to change on that side of the ball now, then he never will.

If you don't fix it by next year, then you're past year 3 of Mahomes without a playoff win to show for it. Not OK.

The offense will get super expensive. Our best window to do anything is this year and the following two.

Eventually you're going to have to get something out of your defense, just to offset the fall off in offensive weapons.

eDave
01-06-2019, 02:46 PM
Reid and Mahomes are one singular entity.

RaidersOftheCellar
01-06-2019, 03:10 PM
So the maroons that expected a mediocre season before the year started now want to fire Reid if he doesn’t have a deep playoff run. In a record-setting year. Can’t make this up.

Hammock Parties
01-06-2019, 03:19 PM
Reid and Mahomes are one singular entity.

Patreid

https://i.imgur.com/dKOmAi6.jpg

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-06-2019, 03:25 PM

Rome wasn't built in a day you impatient moran!

tk13
01-06-2019, 03:28 PM
There ain't a chance on earth Reid gets fired anytime in the near future unless Mahomes turns on him for some reason. And that's not likely as long as we're fielding one of the best offenses in modern history.

carcosa
01-06-2019, 03:31 PM
Great thread

OrtonsPiercedTaint
01-06-2019, 03:36 PM
Reid, Crennel, Haley, Edwards, Vermiel, Cunningham, Schottenhiemer, Purgatory

TimeForWasp
01-06-2019, 03:38 PM
Reid says nice things about players and coaches right before he benches them, trades them off or lets them retire. He does not want to insult people.

Skyy God
01-06-2019, 03:38 PM

Schottenheimer
Vermeil
Herm
Reid

Moron Voltron, assemble!

Reerun_KC
01-06-2019, 03:39 PM
Fat Andy loses this CP will be epic.

Ken Bone
01-06-2019, 03:42 PM
Moron Voltron, assemble!

Who are you calling a moron? I asked a simple question.

Just wait until about 6:30pm on Saturday when there are at least 5 fire Andy Reid and Bob Sutton threads on here.

Imon Yourside
01-06-2019, 03:42 PM
Fat Andy loses this CP will be epic.

First call will be FIRE REERUN! Then Sob Buttons then Andy.

Skyy God
01-06-2019, 03:55 PM
Who are you calling a moron? I asked a simple question.

Just wait until about 6:30pm on Saturday when there are at least 5 fire Andy Reid and Bob Sutton threads on here.

You were suggesting Reid should be fired for losing, numbnuts.

Sorry you’re too much of a moron to comprehend your words.

Ken Bone
01-06-2019, 03:57 PM
You were suggesting Reid should be fired for losing, numbnuts.

Sorry you’re too much of a moron to comprehend your words.

Go fuck yourself jackoff. It’s a good thing I don’t know who you are. I’d cut your fucking face off and wear it as a mask to the game.

Skyy God
01-06-2019, 04:04 PM
Go **** yourself jackoff. It’s a good thing I don’t know who you are. I’d cut your ****ing face off and wear it as a mask to the game.

Up the lithium, Buffalo Bill.

Chargem
01-06-2019, 04:27 PM
Go fuck yourself jackoff. It’s a good thing I don’t know who you are. I’d cut your fucking face off and wear it as a mask to the game.

You seem nice

PHOG
01-06-2019, 04:28 PM
:popcorn:

ChiefsFanatic
01-07-2019, 12:48 AM
He'll just throw Sutton under the bus if that happens.He won't have to throw Sutton under the bus, because Sutton sleeps under the bus, often during the game.

I get so damn sick of Reid talking about Sutton like "He had a really good game plan, and made some really good adjustments" when the defense gives 30+ points and 400 yards.

But, after hearing Reid praise Sutton so many times this year when the defense was absolutely trash, I don't think there is a point total high enough, that the defense could allow, that would cause Reid to say anything about the defense other than to praise Bob Sutton and his game plan and adjustments.

Maybe Reid always compliments the defense, regardless of how many points they allow, because his son is a defensive coach.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

PAChiefsGuy
01-07-2019, 04:10 AM
He won't have to throw Sutton under the bus, because Sutton sleeps under the bus, often during the game.

I get so damn sick of Reid talking about Sutton like "He had a really good game plan, and made some really good adjustments" when the defense gives 30+ points and 400 yards.

But, after hearing Reid praise Sutton so many times this year when the defense was absolutely trash, I don't think there is a point total high enough, that the defense could allow, that would cause Reid to say anything about the defense other than to praise Bob Sutton and his game plan and adjustments.

Maybe Reid always compliments the defense, regardless of how many points they allow, because his son is a defensive coach.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

He's not going to talk bad about our players or coaches to the media. Why should he? What good would it do? You probably would because based on your posts you seem like a real asshole.

Anyway, behind closed doors I'm sure he is not pleased with how our defense has played this season and he lets them know that. I don't know why fans put so much emphasis on what coaches say during press conferences. Coaches try to give as little information as possible and only say what we already know 90% of the time. Don't read too much into it.

BigRedChief
01-07-2019, 09:12 AM
...including 4-0 in the playoffs.

Big Red, you better not mess up. There would be no forgiveness this time around.ROFL
If we get to AFCCG he ain't going no where. So he has to make the AFCCG or he's fired?

morons

he's retiring a chief

No forgiveness ? are you kidding? Are you aware what is available if we DON'T have Reid? This guy is top 3 coach in the league warts and all. Just put up the third highest scoring season in history. Pleaseeeeeee stoppppp
Reid ain’t going anywhere nor should he
There ain't a chance on earth Reid gets fired anytime in the near future unless Mahomes turns on him for some reason. And that's not likely as long as we're fielding one of the best offenses in modern history.We all don't understand standing by Sutton. The over the top conservative play calling with a lead. But, no one on this site with any sense wants to get rid of Reid.

crayzkirk
01-07-2019, 11:08 AM
Stupid, this is a new era with Mahomes... Andy has never had a HOF caliber quarterback, and no D McNabb wasn't close. It's going to be a great 15 years with this duo... think Belichick/Brady

I'm from Missouri... Show me. From the teams with unstoppable defenses, teams without a quarterback, teams with an unstoppable offense, the one common thread has been lack of balance.

Both Raiders games were unsettling; yes, the Chiefs won both however a four win team was walking the ball up and down the field. The Chuggers walked the ball up and down the field, the Ravens, the Rams, the Broncos, the Patriots, etc.

Andy forgets the running back in critical situations and the defense is as bad as the offense is good.

Opinions aren't stupid, good, bad, right or wrong. Their just opinions.