PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Which injured/semi-injured players do you start on Saturday?

Rain Man
01-06-2019, 04:27 PM
Unless you've been trapped in an Iranian prison, you recognize that we have several guys who have been out on injury for various periods of time, and the rumor mill is that they're all on the verge of returning.

The question arises, of course, that these guys may not be in sync with the rest of the team. Some of them haven't played in years, others in weeks. By my count, we've got:

Spencer Ware, who's been out a couple of weeks with a tweaked hamstring. Damien Williams has been covering his shift.

Cam Erving, who tweaked a knee recently and has been out a couple of weeks. Jeff Allen has replaced him, but Allen got banged up a bit against the Raiders.

Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, M.D., who broke a lower leg bone early in the season. Andrew Wylie has played most of the season in his spot.

Sammy Watkins had a foot torn off by a shark several games ago. He's been replaced by Conley for the most part.

Reggie Ragland slightly tweaked a hammy lumbering downfield after a big interception recently. He was replaced by a combo of Dorian O'Daniel and Ben Niemann.

Kendall Fuller broke his wrist, though has returned. Tremon Smith took his spot briefly.

Eric Berry has Haglund's Disease and hasn't played since the Obama presidency. He's been replaced by varying combinations of Murray, Lucas, and Sorensen.

Bonus: It's not an injury situation, but ... Scandrick or the crimson-haired Charvarius Ward?

Poll coming soon if my spirit warrants it.

Coach
01-06-2019, 04:28 PM
At this point, every man on deck, injuries or not.

TwistedChief
01-06-2019, 04:29 PM
What about the IlumiNnadi?! Need him back badly from his concussion.

FAX
01-06-2019, 04:30 PM
I start all those sonsabiches. Start or get out, that's my motto. Well ... that's one of my mottos. The other one is, "Never go down on a girl with a beer belly."

FAX

Why Not?
All of them. You'd better be Allan Hurns to miss this game.

FAX
Yeah! What about Nnaughty!

FAX

Skyy God
01-06-2019, 04:31 PM
Not Berry.

Sassy Squatch
01-06-2019, 04:32 PM
Every single one that doesn't have a broken extremity. You've got over half a year to heal up after we're done.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-06-2019, 04:36 PM
I continue to start Wylie over LDT. Wylie has been phenomenal

Rain Man
01-06-2019, 04:36 PM
What about the IlumiNnadi?! Need him back badly from his concussion.

Oh, I probably should have included him, but I'm assuming that he's in as long as he's medically cleared by LDT or whoever does that.

Rain Man
01-06-2019, 04:44 PM
Here's my thinking.

RB - I feel bad for Ware with the unfortunate timing of his injuries, but Damien is the hot hand. Reverse their roles and maybe have Ware on third down for pass protection, but Damien should get the bulk of the playing time.

LG - I think you put Erving back in, especially if Allen is dinged. Erving brings continuity.

RG - No offense to LDTMD, but he hasn't played in months. Keep riding Wylie going forward.

WR - (Sigh.) You have to start Watkins. I just worry that he'll go three plays and then we'll have to shuffle again. I don't trust that he'll be fully back, but I can't ignore the upside.

ILB - No offense to Reggie, but I think the young guys are outplaying him. Let's call this an injury replacement.

CB - Kendall Fuller should be good to go. No brainer here.

S - This is like the Watkins situation. The upside of a healthy Berry is immense, but I think he's not healthy. If his spirit allows, though, you have to roll the dice that he'll come up big for three games.

Bonus CB - I dunno. I think Scandrick's experience is important here. But I would also support keeping Ward in there. This one is 50/50.

And I hate the Colts.

BossChief
01-06-2019, 04:47 PM
We need Berry to match up on Ebron...if he can’t go, his career is likely over. We need him to neutralize Ebron and Gronk. That’s pretty much it. Shoot up a bunch of painkillers before the games and let’s go win a title.

A healthy Watkins will allow us to score on every possession. Indy doesn’t have anyone that can match up against him.

A healthy Ware would be a bonus as he is good at what he does and he does a lot. Pass block, catch out of the backfield, sting runner.

Erving was a lot better at LG than Allen and is a difference maker. Getting him back healthy would be great.

Nnadi is needed to keep them honest. He’s probably our second best run defender.

Tariff would be a great add, but Wylie has played really well.

Wallcrawler
01-06-2019, 05:12 PM
All play or fuck off.

O.city
01-06-2019, 06:05 PM
All hands on deck

-King-
01-06-2019, 06:26 PM
Erving, Watkins and Berry. That's it. All the others will play but they shouldn't start.

Chief Pagan
01-06-2019, 10:03 PM
We need Berry to match up on Ebron...if he can’t go, his career is likely over. We need him to neutralize Ebron and Gronk. That’s pretty much it. Shoot up a bunch of painkillers before the games and let’s go win a title.

I had Ebron on my fantasy team. He had a lot of TDs on not very many receptions for the most part.

I would consider playing Berry only in red zone defense and end of game.

Chiefshrink
01-06-2019, 10:10 PM
I continue to start Wylie over LDT. Wylie has been phenomenal

Exactly !! He has an American nastiness that our Canadian Dr. does not have IMHO.:D

FloridaMan88
01-07-2019, 08:51 AM
From Peter King's column this morning:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/07/nfl-wild-card-weekend-fmia-eagles-chargers-peter-king/?cid=nbcsports

With the Chiefs likely to get speed receiver threat Sammy Watkins back from a nagging foot injury

Not sure if this was just projection on his part, but he was in KC last week to meet with Mahomes/the team so maybe it is based on some legit inside information.

Munson
01-07-2019, 08:53 AM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/7sxBWKgK53FwA/giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c3367d469627644778f66c5

FringeNC
01-07-2019, 08:58 AM
From Peter King's column this morning:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/07/nfl-wild-card-weekend-fmia-eagles-chargers-peter-king/?cid=nbcsports

Not sure if this was just projection on his part, but he was in KC last week to meet with Mahomes/the team so maybe it is based on some legit inside information.

First, the mystery surrounding Berry's foot, now Watkins, but good find. If Peter King scoops the local guys... Of course, he could just be talking out his ass.

Reerun_KC
01-07-2019, 08:59 AM
BDB better play the whole fucking game.

oldman
01-07-2019, 09:11 AM
This could be our last game of the season or the start of a 3 game run. Berry and Watkins need to go, there's no excuse for "saving" them. I'd go with Erving and Wylie this game, but have LDT active, just in case. Go with the kids in the middle with Ragland in on some downs. Fuller seems fine, but Scandrick needs to ride the pines until Ward plays himself off the field.

TEX
01-07-2019, 09:13 AM
This could be our last game of the season or the start of a 3 game run. Berry and Watkins need to go, there's no excuse for "saving" them. I'd go with Erving and Wylie this game, but have LDT active, just in case. Go with the kids in the middle with Ragland in on some downs. Fuller seems fine, but Scandrick needs to ride the pines until Ward plays himself off the field.

Totally agree.

dirk digler
01-07-2019, 12:37 PM
Looks like all players are ready to roll including possibly LDT

TLO
01-07-2019, 12:44 PM

Watkins as well?

Donger
01-07-2019, 01:00 PM
Sammy Watkins had a foot torn off by a shark several games ago. He's been replaced by Conley for the most part.

I didn't realize that is what happened to him. It'll be amazing if he recovers so quickly.

ChiefBlueCFC
01-07-2019, 01:18 PM
Would like to see LDT back in there, but don't know how quickly he will get into the mix and up to speed.

Need Sammy back, he opens things up for everyone else and makes the rest of the secondary have someone to have to keep an eye on. Robinson should be the guy behind Watkins tho not Conley (I love Conley but think Robinson is getting better than Conley).

Would love to get Berry back in the secondary, hopefully the 2 weeks off will be good for his foot/heel/calf area but we've barely had him this year so - eh its whatever at this point.

Regarding the RBs: having Ware back in the fold will be helpful and think that he compliments Williams really well. The ol' thunder and lightning.

Ragland: Man, IDK I enjoy watching DOD cover backs I just want to see the defense play well and at this point I don't know who offers us the best chance to play well against the Colts.

deadman
01-07-2019, 01:21 PM
I'd think you'd want to play all of them. It's important to know what you have to prepare for next season.

Titty Meat
01-07-2019, 01:24 PM
Prison Bitchs vagina

Rain Man
01-07-2019, 01:37 PM
I didn't realize that is what happened to him. It'll be amazing if he recovers so quickly.

I may be a little fuzzy on the details.

KChiefs1
01-07-2019, 01:39 PM

https://omny.fm/shows/the-program/andy-reid-press-conference-61

big nasty kcnut
01-07-2019, 01:49 PM
Start them all damn the torpedoes full speed ahead!

Mama Hip Rockets
01-07-2019, 05:15 PM
Every single one that doesn't have a broken extremity. You've got over half a year eight days to heal up after we're done.

FYP

Rain Man
01-07-2019, 05:16 PM
FYP

That was a really important fix.

Rain Man
01-07-2019, 05:19 PM
My initial goal in posting this poll was the LDTMD versus Wylie question. I worry a bit that LDTMD may be rusty in a unit where cohesive behavior is important.

I'm really surprised at the support for Ward. I'm fine with that, but apparently I hold a much higher opinion of Scandrick than average. I thought this one was a 50/50 deal.

JakeF
01-07-2019, 05:24 PM
LDT,Sammy Watkins and Eric Berry need to get their asses out there and perform.

All 3 are making big-time money and need to earn it.

I'm not sure that the others make much difference, play whoever is healthiest.

Sassy Squatch
01-07-2019, 05:26 PM
My initial goal in posting this poll was the LDTMD versus Wylie question. I worry a bit that LDTMD may be rusty in a unit where cohesive behavior is important.

I'm really surprised at the support for Ward. I'm fine with that, but apparently I hold a much higher opinion of Scandrick than average. I thought this one was a 50/50 deal.
After the Chargers game I want no part of Scandrick on the field. Anyone who can blow a coverage THAT badly on a game winning play I want no part of.