PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Mahomes wins Chiefs MVP; Wylie wins Chiefs Rookie of the Year

RealSNR
01-06-2019, 09:40 PM
Fuck you if it's posted in a megathread.

Fuck you if repost.

https://www.chiefs.com/news/patrick-mahomes-and-andrew-wylie-awarded-chiefs-annual-team-honors

SAUTO
01-06-2019, 09:41 PM
YES!

carcosa
01-06-2019, 09:41 PM
YES!

RealSNR
01-06-2019, 09:43 PM
DR. WYLIE UNLEASHED HIS ROBOT MASTERS UP EVERYBODY'S BUTTHOLES

Mecca
01-06-2019, 09:43 PM
I wonder if Wylie will end up at LG...maybe as early as this week.

Dayze
01-06-2019, 09:47 PM
Alex sends a text to Colquit apolozing for the loss. Mentions he would have done everything he could to get Dustin the MVP.

Halfcan
01-06-2019, 09:47 PM
Wylie Coyote is a Beast!

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-06-2019, 09:51 PM
Veach's first draft ain't looking great if a second-year practice squad promotion wins ROY.

TambaBerry
01-06-2019, 10:07 PM
Veach's first draft ain't looking great if a second-year practice squad promotion wins ROY.

How come you can't give him credit for finding him

Sofa King
01-06-2019, 10:10 PM
How come you can't give him credit for finding him

He didn't say he didn't find him. He just said the drafted players didn't pan out yet. Maybe not at all.

Tribal Warfare
01-06-2019, 10:10 PM
The misspelt Colquitt's name

Sofa King
01-06-2019, 10:16 PM
I wonder how long until Mahomes DOESN'T win the Chiefs MVP.

Rain Man
01-06-2019, 10:36 PM
I didn't realize that Wylie still counted as a rookie. Good for him on rookie of the year.

Doing the math, I can certainly see the argument for Patrick Mahomes II as the team MVP.

srvy
01-06-2019, 10:41 PM
My MVP does stuff like this.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Remember <a href="https://twitter.com/PatrickMahomes5?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@PatrickMahomes5</a>’ incredible no-look pass to <a href="https://twitter.com/honeythunder11?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@honeythunder11</a>? He recreates it perfectly. I’ll have more in tomorrow’s Football Morning in America: <a href="https://t.co/b3YL8CneQe">https://t.co/b3YL8CneQe</a> <a href="https://t.co/lwxiGVUpqM">pic.twitter.com/lwxiGVUpqM</a></p>&mdash; Peter King (@peter_king) <a href="https://twitter.com/peter_king/status/1082052554656309249?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 6, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DJ's left nut
01-07-2019, 08:11 AM
Would have given ROY to Nnadi in a landslide.

I appreciate what Wylie has done but Nnadi has shown steady improvement and is among the smartest, best....ONLY.... run defenders we have. Hes a very underrated player.

Imon Yourside
01-07-2019, 08:17 AM

I appreciate what Wylie has done but Nnadi has shown steady improvement and is among the smartest, best....ONLY.... run defenders we have. Hes a very underrated player.

I was just about to post this, dudes been an anchor in the middle.

Buehler445
01-07-2019, 10:37 AM

Agreed

DJ's left nut
01-07-2019, 10:40 AM
I feel like it's gonna take annual primers on steady NTs to ever get proper acknowledgment for Nnadi.

There's nothing particularly earth-shattering about how he plays but he's one of those 'do your job' guys that simply never interferes with defensive continuity. If everyone on that front would do what he does, the defense would have fewer spectacular plays but it would have a damn sight fewer catastrophic breakdowns as well.

He just goes out there and does what he's supposed to do. On a defense that has a lot of guys that spend entirely too much time guessing or freelancing, that's pretty refreshing.

staylor26
01-07-2019, 10:46 AM

It wasn’t great by any means, but you say that like Nnadi wasn’t just as worthy.

O.city
01-07-2019, 11:04 AM
I feel like it's gonna take annual primers on steady NTs to ever get proper acknowledgment for Nnadi.

There's nothing particularly earth-shattering about how he plays but he's one of those 'do your job' guys that simply never interferes with defensive continuity. If everyone on that front would do what he does, the defense would have fewer spectacular plays but it would have a damn sight fewer catastrophic breakdowns as well.

He just goes out there and does what he's supposed to do. On a defense that has a lot of guys that spend entirely too much time guessing or freelancing, that's pretty refreshing.

So this begs the question with Jones, do you just have to bite your tongue and take the bad with the good? I know the good is really good, even spectacular, but man he leaves the guys behind him in some rough spots with the gap shooting and guessing.

I think if that's the way he's going to play and you're gonna pay him you've gotta figure the defense more in a way where it doesn't kill it when he plays that way.

Mecca
01-07-2019, 11:06 AM
So this begs the question with Jones, do you just have to bite your tongue and take the bad with the good? I know the good is really good, even spectacular, but man he leaves the guys behind him in some rough spots with the gap shooting and guessing.

I think if that's the way he's going to play and you're gonna pay him you've gotta figure the defense more in a way where it doesn't kill it when he plays that way.

Yea..switch to 4-3 and make him an end, that would improve the run d and make his guessing not hurt as bad.

O.city
01-07-2019, 11:07 AM
Even with a switch though, it will still make it tough.

It's just why it's so tough for a DL to make those big plays. It leaves guys behind you in trouble.

Mecca
01-07-2019, 11:08 AM
Even with a switch though, it will still make it tough.

It's just why it's so tough for a DL to make those big plays. It leaves guys behind you in trouble.

It would help though because he'd be responsible for less. Plus having another big body up front would help not allow the OL to release to the LB's as easy even if he was doing that.

That would be my plan, bunch of mocks have Dexter Lawrence dropping to the end of the 1st...draft him move Jones outside, that is a huge line.

Rain Man
01-07-2019, 11:20 AM
I like Nnadi a lot too, but it sounds like this is a player vote or something? Apparently the award is internal on the team and not a media thing. That's a nice vote of confidence for Wylie.

DJ's left nut
01-07-2019, 11:25 AM

Publicly I don't think you have a choice.

Privately I hope they're in his ear every day trying to let him know when it's okay to be aggressive and when they absolutely need him to be assignment sound.

Against Nelson I hope he spends the day focusing on the latter. If he goes out there and tries to 'win' every snap, he may come out ahead a time or two but more often than not he's just going to get mauled out of the play and leave holes behind him. Against substandard players, I can live with the playmaking because his success rate will be higher.

But against arguably the best G in the league, he's going to lose a lot of plays if he tries that. He needs to go into just about every one of those plays with an eye on forcing a draw. If he can do that and neutralize their best O-lineman, he opens up a lot of space for other guys to do some work.

He can get his shots at it and some twists/stunts, etc... that match him up elsewhere, but on ordinary plays, he cannot go out there trying to dominate Quentin Nelson. It's just gonna get us beat up.

O.city
01-07-2019, 11:28 AM
Publicly I don't think you have a choice.

Privately I hope they're in his ear every day trying to let him know when it's okay to be aggressive and when they absolutely need him to be assignment sound.

Against Nelson I hope he spends the day focusing on the latter. If he goes out there and tries to 'win' every snap, he may come out ahead a time or two but more often than not he's just going to get mauled out of the play and leave holes behind him. Against substandard players, I can live with the playmaking because his success rate will be higher.

But against arguably the best G in the league, he's going to lose a lot of plays if he tries that. He needs to go into just about every one of those plays with an eye on forcing a draw. If he can do that and neutralize their best O-lineman, he opens up a lot of space for other guys to do some work.

He can get his shots at it and some twists/stunts, etc... that match him up elsewhere, but on ordinary plays, he cannot go out there trying to dominate Quentin Nelson. It's just gonna get us beat up.

It's kind of the same thing with Donald in LA. You've just gotta hope he makes enough plays.

Sometimes as you've said here, he needs to just play assignment football and pick his spots. You're not going to win every down.