PDA

View Full Version : Football Chris Simms thinks the sticky gloves cause injuries

Mecca
01-08-2019, 11:26 AM
Really interesting topic that I never really thought about before. Go to about 59 minutes.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3iThm29NQ0E" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jerm
01-08-2019, 11:36 AM
Never had really thought about that either...

BTW their podcasts are so good, all are must listens and Lefkoe has a man crush on Mahomes lol.

htismaqe
01-08-2019, 11:39 AM
The stuff about NFL fans and social media at the one hour mark is superb. It describes CP almost to the letter...

DJ's left nut
01-08-2019, 11:47 AM
I have a pair of those game-used WR gloves I got from a charity auction that Jeremy Maclin wore.

Yeah, they're a little tacky, but c'mon - he's wildly overstating how grippy those things are. They're impressive, but they're not like those gloves that Tom Cruise used in Ghost Protocal or anything.

Those things are fun to play catch in, though. I won't argue for a second that they help catch a ball and yeah, they make those 1-hand catches a lot more explicable. But they're not helping a 200 lb man stick to another 200 lb man that's trying to evade him. I just don't see it.

wazu
01-08-2019, 12:05 PM
I have a pair of those game-used WR gloves I got from a charity auction that Jeremy Maclin wore.

Yeah, they're a little tacky, but c'mon - he's wildly overstating how grippy those things are. They're impressive, but they're not like those gloves that Tom Cruise used in Ghost Protocal or anything.

Those things are fun to play catch in, though. I won't argue for a second that they help catch a ball and yeah, they make those 1-hand catches a lot more explicable. But they're not helping a 200 lb man stick to another 200 lb man that's trying to evade him. I just don't see it.

Exactly. Simms has lost his mind with this take.

TLO
01-08-2019, 01:08 PM
"It used to be, you could put Stickum on your hands to catch those balls. Now they've got those gloves."

GloryDayz
01-08-2019, 05:19 PM
What happens if you jack-off wearing those things? :hmmm:

Clyde Frog
01-08-2019, 05:34 PM
What happens if you jack-off wearing those things? :hmmm:

Try it, for science and report your findings.

Titty Meat
01-08-2019, 06:06 PM

Put 1 on pretend you're Jmac and jerk off

wheeler08
01-09-2019, 09:15 AM
I love these podcasts and I never remember to watch them unless you great guys post them. I love Lefke saying Brees is the most over rated qb in history and doesn't deserve to be mentioned with Mahomes. They are both Mahomos but not 100% behind the chiefs cuz of their shit D. Sims and his daddy thought we'd get curbstomped by the Ravens

EyePod
01-09-2019, 09:18 AM
I'm going to listen to it, but I LOVE these QBs who become analysts after being technicians of the game, but not having the raw talent on top of it.

My best example is Romo. I think he's one of the best play by play announcers. Opposite of Aikmen in every respect, even though Aikmen was the better QB.

wazu
01-09-2019, 09:26 AM
I love these podcasts and I never remember to watch them unless you great guys post them. I love Lefke saying Brees is the most over rated qb in history and doesn't deserve to be mentioned with Mahomes. They are both Mahomos but not 100% behind the chiefs cuz of their shit D. Sims and his daddy thought we'd get curbstomped by the Ravens

To be fair, they narrowly picked Ravens and it almost happened.

DJ's left nut
01-09-2019, 09:35 AM
I'm going to listen to it, but I LOVE these QBs who become analysts after being technicians of the game, but not having the raw talent on top of it.

My best example is Romo. I think he's one of the best play by play announcers. Opposite of Aikmen in every respect, even though Aikmen was the better QB.

Speaking of "most overrated QBs in NFL history..."

O.city
01-09-2019, 09:39 AM
The Simms and LEfkoe podcast is the best one out there IMO for football right now.

Jerm
01-09-2019, 09:44 AM

Simms did pick us to go to the Super Bowl if Watkins is back though so there's that....

lcarus
01-09-2019, 09:57 AM
Try it, for science and report your findings.

https://i.gifer.com/2lOJ.gif

EyePod
01-09-2019, 12:44 PM
I just want to say this was a joy to watch. I'm excited to see their take tonight too. This type of content is the end of the bullshit ESPN round tables of people yelling. No one wants that.

Mecca
01-09-2019, 01:10 PM
I just want to say this was a joy to watch. I'm excited to see their take tonight too. This type of content is the end of the bullshit ESPN round tables of people yelling. No one wants that.

Well yea it is a great podcast, it's really weird how over time I feel like the must watch coverage has gone from ESPN to now being on youtube.

Buehler445
01-09-2019, 01:22 PM
The Simms and LEfkoe podcast is the best one out there IMO for football right now.

Check out the Dual Threat Podcast with Russillo.