PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Colts great O line?

dlphg9
01-08-2019, 04:57 PM
So I get curious about different things I hear and then I like to look up and see what the numbers say. The thing that has been said ALOT recently is that Indy has an elite O line. So through 16 regular season games the Colts had given up 18 sacks. Now don't get me wrong that is really damn impressive, but I was curious to look at the level of talent that line went up against.

So in the Colts first 5 games the Colts O line allowed 10 sacks, so for the mathematically impaired thats an avg of 2 sacks per game. In those 5 games the Colts played the 28th, 7th, 8th, 11th, and 30th ranked sack defenses.

28th - 2 sacks allowed
7th - 1 sack allowed
8th - 2 sacks allowed
11th - 4 sacks allowed
30th - 1 sack allowed

The reason I stopped at game 5 is because after that they had 5 straight games in which they didnt allow a sack. So without looking at the teams that they played in those 5 games you would probably just assume that the Colts O line just cranked it up. Well not so fast. In those 5 games the defenses the Colts played ranked like this in sacks.

16th - 0 sacks allowed
26th - 0 sacks allowed
32nd - 0 sacks allowed
22nd - 0 sacks allowed
16th - 0 sacks allowed

So the average rank for those defenses was 22nd and in the first five games when they were giving up sacks at a pretty high rate those teams average rank was 17th. The last 6 games of the season the defenses ranked

29th - 1 sack allowed
22nd - 3 sacks allowed
11th - 2 sacks allowed
16th - 0 sacks allowed
30th - 1 sack allowed
16th - 1 sack allowed

Those defenses ranked 21st in sacks allowed.

The average rank of all the defenses in sacks that the Colts ranked was 20th. So in my opinion the opponents had more to do with the low sack allowed number than the Colts offensive line. The Colts only faced 2 defenses that ranked in the top 10 in sacks.

The Colts havent faced a defense that can get to the QB like our D can. I think we are going to hit Luck alot and this game wont even be close. In the games that Luck has been sacked at least once (10 games) he has thrown 11 ints (1.1 int per game) and the Colts are 5 - 5 in those games. In the games where Luck wasnt sacked (7 including the playoffs) he threw 5 ints (.71 int per game) and the Colts are 6 - 1. Things look even better for the Chiefs when you look at the Colts record when Luck was sacked 2 or more times they are 1 - 4. KC has had atleast 2 sacks in every game but week 1 and week 2 and havent had less than 3 sacks in a game since week 9.

So the numbers definitely show a different story than what is being pushed in the national media and even the local media. The Colts O line isn't the early 2000's KC line. They are a group that hasnt had to face a group of pass rushers like the guys on the Chiefs D. This is going to be a route.

In58men
01-08-2019, 04:58 PM
Chris Jones 2 sacks

Ford 1 sack

Houston 1 sack

We eat on Saturday boys!!!!

JoeyChuckles
01-08-2019, 05:02 PM
Chris Jones 2 sacks

Ford 1 sack

Houston 1 sack

Which one includes the KC Strip?

dlphg9
01-08-2019, 05:03 PM
Chris Jones 2 sacks

Ford 1 sack

Houston 1 sack

Yep and we win by 3 possessions

MTG#10
01-08-2019, 05:05 PM
Just like in every other aspect of the game...they have played a very soft schedule and their "amazing streak" is a mirage. We're gonna go in dry on these chumps.

displacedinMN
01-08-2019, 05:05 PM
no one wants KC to win this game.

Fuck the press

pugsnotdrugs19
01-08-2019, 05:06 PM
Chiefs by double digits.

dlphg9
01-08-2019, 05:08 PM
Just like in every other aspect of the game...they have played a very soft schedule and their "amazing streak" is a mirage. We're gonna go in dry on these chumps.

Forgot to put that part in my post. It takes me awhile to post these so sometimes I forget add some of my thoughts lol.

JimNasium
01-08-2019, 05:09 PM
Please don’t challenge the Chiefsplanet narrative of the week: Guards win championships and Ballard is the best guard drafter ever.

JakeF
01-08-2019, 05:10 PM
Our defensive line has been so much better since Sutton moved Houston to LDE and started sneaking Ford up to RDE more often. I think we have to be aggressive against Luck. Don't let him sit back and pick us apart because he doesn't usually do dumb stuff.

Luck can dink and dunk the entire length of the field without screwing up.

Coochie liquor
01-08-2019, 05:10 PM
This team is so hungry. The stadium is gonna be electric, and the team will feed off of it! Might be up 3 scores at half.

JakeF
01-08-2019, 05:13 PM
Chris Jones 2 sacks

Ford 1 sack

Houston 1 sack

We should put Jones on Glowinski's side and leave Nelson standing by himself holding his junk.

In58men
01-08-2019, 05:14 PM
Which one includes the KC Strip?

Ford, blind side.

Imon Yourside
01-08-2019, 05:17 PM
People are going to be reaching into our swag bag to get some of this!

pugsnotdrugs19
01-08-2019, 05:19 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DwXLOddUwAE_h1i?format=jpg&name=900x900

penguinz
01-08-2019, 05:20 PM
Yep and we win by 3 possessionsScore isn’t based upon number of possessions. 😉

deadman
01-08-2019, 05:27 PM
You guys are working very hard to convince yourselves you're going to dominate the Colts.

You should look who was starting on the Colts O-Line on the larger sack number games, especially the first 4 games.

Oh also, this is Jadeveon Clowney... This line is no pushover.

https://media.giphy.com/media/Av1ogUHvTSJFAnn2tJ/giphy.gif

pugsnotdrugs19
01-08-2019, 05:28 PM
You guys are working very hard to convince yourselves you're going to dominate the Colts.

You should look who was starting on the Colts O-Line on the larger sack number games, especially the first 4 games.

KC is going to dominate the Colts.

R Clark
01-08-2019, 05:28 PM
Is a little holding going on?

deadman
01-08-2019, 05:29 PM
Is a little holding going on?I didn't see a flag.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

MTG#10
01-08-2019, 05:29 PM

Nice, he was stopped (while being held) for one play. That's it boys, KC doesn't stand a chance.

deadman
01-08-2019, 05:30 PM
Nice, he was stopped (while being held) for one play. That's it boys, KC doesn't stand a chance.I could keep posting gifs if you'd like.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-08-2019, 05:30 PM
When you look at it close.... he tackled Clowney. LMAO

MTG#10
01-08-2019, 05:33 PM
https://www.houstontexans.com/video/video-jadeveon-clowney-sacks-andrew-luck

MTG#10
01-08-2019, 05:34 PM
I could keep posting gifs if you'd like.

Prepare thy anus.

JimNasium
01-08-2019, 05:36 PM

Congrats, you have great guards and a powderpuff schedule. Revenge is a dish best served Colts.

Imon Yourside
01-08-2019, 05:43 PM

More projectile vomit? it's all over your shirt doltse

TwistedChief
01-08-2019, 05:47 PM

St Elmo's sucks btw.

Jerok
01-08-2019, 05:49 PM

Your sports team is vastly inferior
That simple fact is plainly obvious to see
We're gonna kick your collective posterior
Of course you realize we're speaking figuratively
Our stats are thoroughly impressive
Our coach really has the Midas touch
Our players are fast and strong and brave
And your guys, eh, not so much

deadman
01-08-2019, 05:49 PM
St Elmo's sucks btw.Haha! +1 for the reference.

dlphg9
01-08-2019, 05:54 PM

Who was starting on the line in those games?

Edit: wanted to add that is one of the most blatant holds ive ever seen. Im going to use extremely vulgar language when you guys get away with that shit against us.

Gravedigger
01-08-2019, 05:58 PM

Can we stop pretending that Jadeveon Clowney is some type of worldbeater? That he's the next coming of pass rusher, that when he's next to JJ Watt that the Texans are the best front four you can get? Clowney is over rated, he's the classic example of measurables in the draft creating a false persona for an entire career.

RunKC
01-08-2019, 05:59 PM

If the Chiefs are smart they will put Chris Jones against your RG and have occasional blitzes up the middle to force your to go 1v1 against him.

Still liking Dee Ford vs Braden Smith though.

The Franchise
01-08-2019, 06:00 PM
Clowney has never had more than 9 sacks a season in his career. Definition of meh.

arrwheader
01-08-2019, 06:04 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190109/202668227c877adbe96154d865f9415a.gif

dlphg9
01-08-2019, 06:07 PM
Can we stop pretending that Jadeveon Clowney is some type of worldbeater? That he's the next coming of pass rusher, that when he's next to JJ Watt that the Texans are the best front four you can get? Clowney is over rated, he's the classic example of measurables in the draft creating a false persona for an entire career.

Yeah no shit. Dudes never had double digit sacks and this dipshit is acting like hes DTs reincarnate.

deadman
01-08-2019, 06:19 PM
Yeah no shit. Dudes never had double digit sacks and this dipshit is acting like hes DTs reincarnate.Lol what would make you think that I have that kind of opinion of him? He's not an elite player by any means but no scrub either. Double digits TFL and QB hits the last three years.

Imon Yourside
01-08-2019, 06:20 PM
Lol what would make you think that I have that kind of opinion of him? He's not an elite player by any means but no scrub either. Double digits TFL and QB hits the last three years.

Weak like your takes and your team.

mr. tegu
01-08-2019, 06:43 PM
It must be hard for Colts fans to think they have all of these advantages only to find upon digging that they have been fooled and their team is about to get rolled.

deadman
01-08-2019, 06:57 PM
It must be hard for Colts fans to think they have all of these advantages only to find upon digging that they have been fooled and their team is about to get rolled.Probably as hard as being a Chiefs fan and trying to convince yourself that this is the year you'll finally win a playoff game. [emoji1787]

Hoover
01-08-2019, 06:57 PM
Well the sports media needs someone else besides Luck to talk about, so since they lack "stars" the media makes up the only "greatest" oline ever so they have something to talk about for hours on end on cable networks.

mr. tegu
01-08-2019, 07:00 PM
Probably as hard as being a Chiefs fan and trying to convince yourself that this is the year you'll finally win a playoff game. [emoji1787]

Nah. If the jersey said anything other than Colts there would be little concern from most everyone. Most Chiefs fans feel we will win despite the ghosts of the past, and the digging deeper just confirms that we don’t have to concern ourselves with the name on the jersey because we are the better team who has been much more tested.

Best22
01-08-2019, 07:02 PM

Our line gets manhandled weekly yet we’re still 12-4

We’re just being nice. You guys have no idea what you’re in for. You thought the NYG were tough???

MTG#10
01-08-2019, 07:13 PM
Probably as hard as being a Chiefs fan and trying to convince yourself that this is the year you'll finally win a playoff game. [emoji1787]

We won one three years ago.

:harumph:

Chiefshrink
01-08-2019, 07:13 PM

Clowney is soft. Always has been. Nelson lifts weights and Clowney barely touches them and you see it there. To do what Nelson did there you have to hold but then there is hold on every play, correct ? It's just you have to conceal you grip and keep you arms in when you do it. Nelson did a good job there. I wish Fisher and LDT had this nastiness. Now our boy Wylie definitely does.

Oh btw, you better hope Watkins does not play:D

Imon Yourside
01-08-2019, 07:14 PM
We won one three years ago.

:harumph:

Chiefs 30 Texans 0

Soft Texans team deja vu

PunkinDrublic
01-08-2019, 07:17 PM

Finding numbers that support your argument= working hard? You could’ve tried to find some numbers that refute that instead of posting a lame gif of your guy tackling a defender. How about you leave the thinking to the smart people.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
01-08-2019, 07:41 PM
Whoever won the most recently? deep throat 'em. Sports talk folk

dlphg9
01-08-2019, 08:17 PM
Whoever won the most recently? deep throat 'em. Sports talk folk

Yep. I wish I could be on tv and get paid to spout bullshit all day.

Trashmahomescan
01-08-2019, 10:49 PM
Colts have played great dline this year. Titans have a good dline cowboys have a good dline Texans have a good dline. Don't look at the defenses look at the dline and who's there. Colts didn't have their starts in through that fort couple of games. This will be a huge task for the colts oline but my gosh you guys need to chill talking so much smack. Thinking you guys are the best team to ever play this game.

ThaVirus
01-08-2019, 11:09 PM
type in chiefsplanet in the search bar

complain about all the Chiefs fans

Holladay
01-08-2019, 11:10 PM
Huh,

The Chiefs lead the league in sacks. The Dline is solid. Our secondary, whelp who knows.

We never said the "best team to ever play the game". Heck, we haven't won an Arrowhead playoff game since before you were born, me thinks, 1993.

In 1993 we had Montana. Now we have Patrick. Not saying Patrick is HOF, but man is it fun watching pull rabbits out of the hat. VERY entertaining football!

And the icing on the cake is that this is, basically, his first year. More fun for years to come, baring injury.

Quite frankly, no dis on Alex, but I would not be watching much KC Football if Alex was still playing.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-08-2019, 11:13 PM
Stolen straight from a Colts forum:

Houston and Ford against Smith is the money matchup when we're on offense in my opinion. As great as Braden has been, he's seemed to struggle against the speedy edge rushers; Cameron Wake for instance. He was great against Watt but these types give him trouble. I think Q/Kelly/Glow can handle their interior rush, and they aren't a big blitzing team, so I'm hoping they use some TE/RB help over there on the right side.

Several of us have talked about Ford being a mismatch for Smith, a guy drafted to play guard. Looks like it could very well be the case from an objective POV.

jaa1025
01-08-2019, 11:15 PM
I think they had some injuries at the beginning of the season on the oline but got healthy. I do agree, they haven't faced anything close to a top pass rushing team yet and they are going to be in for a nice surprise Saturday.

I don't see this game being close.

dlphg9
01-09-2019, 12:01 AM
Colts have played great dline this year. Titans have a good dline cowboys have a good dline Texans have a good dline. Don't look at the defenses look at the dline and who's there. Colts didn't have their starts in through that fort couple of games. This will be a huge task for the colts oline but my gosh you guys need to chill talking so much smack. Thinking you guys are the best team to ever play this game.

Are you a fucking retard? The rankings are for sacks and the Colts didnt play many teams that could sack the QB. I thought the post was pretty clear about that. Reading comprehension must be significantly impaired when your mom and dad are also brother and sister. Really funny username btw.

dlphg9
01-09-2019, 12:02 AM
type in chiefsplanet in the search bar

complain about all the Chiefs fans

Where am I complaining about fans in this post?

pugsnotdrugs19
01-09-2019, 12:05 AM
Where am I complaining about fans in this post?

He’s referring to trashtroll

Trashmahomescan
01-09-2019, 12:16 AM
Are you a ****ing retard? The rankings are for sacks and the Colts didnt play many teams that could sack the QB. I thought the post was pretty clear about that. Reading comprehension must be significantly impaired when your mom and dad are also brother and sister. Really funny username btw.

Are you a fucking retard? You have to have a good dline if you want to get sacks. Colts played teams with good dline you ignorant fool. Good joke about the mom and dad one. Really mature and foolish of you! Little baby boy! ROFL

pugsnotdrugs19
01-09-2019, 12:23 AM
Are you a fucking retard? You have to have a good dline if you want to get sacks. Colts played teams with good dline you ignorant fool. Good joke about the mom and dad one. Really mature and foolish of you! Little baby boy! ROFL

You’re contradicting your whole argument.

Indy faced only one top 10 team in sacks (Washington, 7th). Beyond that, the next highest team was Houston (14th). They gave up 40% of their season sack total in those 3 games (WAS/Houston twice). Indy faced the 26th, 28th, 29th, 30th, 31st, and 32nd ranked defenses in total sacks.

So no, they really haven’t faced much of any pass rush.

And FYI—this is where I suggest that you be careful drawing assumptions about posters based on what you see in a vacuum just skimming through a thread. I will dig and dig to support my stance on many things Chiefs/Colts related and take your ass to the woodshed as far as that goes. We can do this all week long.

dlphg9
01-09-2019, 12:38 AM
Are you a ****ing retard? You have to have a good dline if you want to get sacks. Colts played teams with good dline you ignorant fool. Good joke about the mom and dad one. Really mature and foolish of you! Little baby boy! ROFL

Dude youre really bad at arguing a point. Wtf are you even talking about?

Imon Yourside
01-09-2019, 12:45 AM
Thinking you guys are the best team to ever play this game.

You got something right

dlphg9
01-09-2019, 12:52 AM
Are you a ****ing retard? You have to have a good dline if you want to get sacks. Colts played teams with good dline you ignorant fool. Good joke about the mom and dad one. Really mature and foolish of you! Little baby boy! ROFL

Damn man the more I read this, the more certain I am that youre literally fucking retard.

Chiefs=Champions
01-09-2019, 02:48 AM

English not your first language?

ChiefsFanatic
01-09-2019, 02:55 AM
There is nothing wrong with being confident in the Chiefs, but flippantly dismissing the Colts is just dumb and foolish.

The Indianapolis Colts are a team with a Top 10 QB, the #10 regular season scoring defense, and the #5 regular season scoring offense.

The Colts are a team who has beaten us 4 consecutive times in the playoffs, including:

A win at Arrowhead when we had HFA and the best defense in football.

A win at Arrowhead when we had the best offense in football.

A win in a game when we had a 28 point lead, at the 13:44 mark in the second half, leaving Indy with what ESPN Stats & Information calculated as a 0.9 chance of winning the game.

A win in a game where our Head Coach arguably tanked the game purposely because he felt the other black Head Coach had a much better chance at becoming the first black Head Coach to win a Super Bowl.

So, in spite of a schedule that is perceived as weak, and in spite of the fact that the NFL MVP will be suiting up for the good guys on Saturday, the Colts have a legitimate chance to beat us once again.

I wish I could be as confident as a lot of the other posters on CP, but I have made the long, cold walk back to my car after too many playoff disappointments.

And the fact that Andy Reid seems almost genetically incapable of calling plays to shorten a playoff game while having a big lead, which has resulted in choking away 2 of the biggest second half leads in NFL history, doesn't instill a lot of confidence.

But Patrick Mahomes, aka #MVPM2 is the best damn QB in the NFL, so fuck it, we are going to skull fuck the Colts and Andrew Luck so hard, he may never be able to clean all the jizz out of his neckbeard.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

01-09-2019, 02:57 AM
There is nothing wrong with being confident in the Chiefs, but flippantly dismissing the Colts is just dumb and foolish.

The Indianapolis Colts are a team with a Top 10 QB, the #10 regular season scoring defense, and the #5 regular season scoring offense.

The Colts are a team who has beaten us 4 consecutive times in the playoffs, including:

A win at Arrowhead when we had HFA and the best defense in football.

A win at Arrowhead when we had the best offense in football.

A win in a game when we had a 28 point lead, at the 13:44 mark in the second half, leaving Indy with what ESPN Stats & Information calculated as a 0.9 chance of winning the game.

A win in a game where our Head Coach arguably tanked the game purposely because he felt the other black Head Coach had a much better chance at becoming the first black Head Coach to win a Super Bowl.

So, in spite of a schedule that is perceived as weak, and in spite of the fact that the NFL MVP will be suiting up for the good guys on Saturday, the Colts have a legitimate chance to beat us once again.

I wish I could be as confident as a lot of the other posters on CP, but I have made the long, cold walk back to my car after too many playoff disappointments.

And the fact that Andy Reid seems almost genetically incapable of calling plays to shorten a playoff game while having a big lead, which has resulted in choking away 2 of the biggest second half leads in NFL history, doesn't instill a lot of confidence.

But Patrick Mahomes, aka #MVPM2 is the best damn QB in the NFL, so fuck it, we are going to skull fuck the Colts and Andrew Luck so hard, he may never be able to clean all the jizz out of his neckbeard.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Well that took a complete 180 at the end. ROFL