PDA

View Full Version : Life Sleep affecting work?

Pushead2
01-09-2019, 03:08 AM
I'm sure I'm not the only "night owl" on this board, but has anyone reached the point of where being a "night owl" / staying up late has affected their work life?

Perhaps calling out, missing your alarm clock, arriving to work late, falling asleep on the job, etc?

It's been happening far too often for me. Luckily, I have a bunch of time off saved that I can use, so I just bang out, but overall it's just a terrible rut to be in.

kcxiv
01-09-2019, 03:26 AM
as you get older it sucks. im 42 and i had no problem sleeping 4-6 hours a day with no tired feeling, but the last year, i just cant hang anymore, i take my little hour naps in the day when needed! i dont even fight it! lol

Pushead2
01-09-2019, 03:29 AM
as you get older it sucks. im 42 and i had no problem sleeping 4-6 hours a day with no tired feeling, but the last year, i just cant hang anymore, i take my little hour naps in the day when needed! i dont even fight it! lol

I feel you on that. 4-6hrs works for me IF I can get it :deevee:

For me, I have to be up for work at 5:30am. Currently, I'm deciding on calling out (again) or just pulling an all nighter / day and going to work.

01-09-2019, 03:29 AM
Thats why I work nights

Pushead2
01-09-2019, 03:32 AM
Thats why I work nights

I work in the airline industry and I used to work nights. I hated it.

I like to be up during the night doing my own thing, reading, playing music, etc, but I hated working at night.

Cosmos
01-09-2019, 03:34 AM
I'm sure I'm not the only "night owl" on this board, but has anyone reached the point of where being a "night owl" / staying up late has affected their work life?

Perhaps calling out, missing your alarm clock, arriving to work late, falling asleep on the job, etc?

It's been happening far too often for me. Luckily, I have a bunch of time off saved that I can use, so I just bang out, but overall it's just a terrible rut to be in.

Exercise during the day, get some sunlight, enjoy a good meal at night, maybe a glass of red wine, or a hit or two of a decent Indica.

You should end up sleeping well at that point. Good luck.

New World Order
01-09-2019, 03:34 AM
Other day I went into the stall to piss and I could hear some guy snoring while he sat on the toilet

Pushead2
01-09-2019, 03:42 AM
Other day I went into the stall to piss and I could hear some guy snoring while he sat on the toilet

I've definitely heard that before - day & night.

In the certain field I'm in, there's a lot of employees that have access to cars and you see them spread out all over hiding and sleeping.

Sassy Squatch
01-09-2019, 04:55 AM
Try using an OTC sleep aid?

Sassy Squatch
01-09-2019, 05:00 AM
Get up at 4:30 in the morning for work and once in a while I won't get to sleep until 2:30 or even 3. Feel like this all day.

https://s-i.huffpost.com/gen/1070382/thumbs/o-IMG2012100300514-570.jpg?7

big nasty kcnut
01-09-2019, 05:56 AM
I just feel tired all the time.

InChiefsHeaven
01-09-2019, 06:15 AM
I'm up at 5am and at work by 6. I've noticed over the last probably 7 or 8 years (I just turned 48...) that by mid day I need a power nap. 20 minutes, just to keep me from passing out at my desk.

I try to be in bed asleep by 9:30 or so, and some nights I manage earlier than that. I work out at least 3 days a week at Orange Theory, which is a pretty intense workout, so I'm getting my exercise. A couple of years ago I was diagnosed with sleep apnea so I now use a CPAP.

And I'm still tired during the day sometimes. I've decided it's just age.

01-09-2019, 06:21 AM
I'm up at 5am and at work by 6. I've noticed over the last probably 7 or 8 years (I just turned 48...) that by mid day I need a power nap. 20 minutes, just to keep me from passing out at my desk.

I try to be in bed asleep by 9:30 or so, and some nights I manage earlier than that. I work out at least 3 days a week at Orange Theory, which is a pretty intense workout, so I'm getting my exercise. A couple of years ago I was diagnosed with sleep apnea so I now use a CPAP.

And I'm still tired during the day sometimes. I've decided it's just age.

I don't know how people are able to power nap. It takes me 30-45 minutes just to fall asleep. I'd give anything to be one of those people that can just put my head down and be out.

scho63
01-09-2019, 06:30 AM
For me it's more like, "Does work affect your sleep?"

I'm working two part time jobs as I transition out of my last sales role with a very unsuccessful company. It's been painful physically, financially and mentally exhausting. I'm getting little sleep with the schedule I have and to be making 25% of what I was when I left northern Virginia sucks moose cock!

2019 I have vowed to change things for the better! Onward and upward.......

Rasputin
01-09-2019, 06:32 AM
If you are a night owl work nights that's what I do. I average four hours sleep during the day that kinda sucks but I like working nights better than days.

displacedinMN
01-09-2019, 06:39 AM
Do a sleep study. There are a few threads here about apnea and cpap machines. Changed my life.

Take Vitamin D. I take a lot during the winter.

Melatonin is good for sleeping.

InChiefsHeaven
01-09-2019, 06:58 AM
Do a sleep study. There are a few threads here about apnea and cpap machines. Changed my life.

Take Vitamin D. I take a lot during the winter.

Melatonin is good for sleeping.

I went through some sleeplessnes about a month ago, and yeah, melatonin really helped. But I guess you are not supposed to take it every night.

TambaBerry
01-09-2019, 06:59 AM
get outside as much as possible, exercise, and diet.

InChiefsHeaven
01-09-2019, 07:00 AM
I don't know how people are able to power nap. It takes me 30-45 minutes just to fall asleep. I'd give anything to be one of those people that can just put my head down and be out.

LOL. It's because I'm sitting at my desk nodding my head, so I'm basically passing out. That's when I close the office door and just let it happen. I'm up in about 15 or 20 minutes and it does the trick.

BWillie
01-09-2019, 07:00 AM
Sleep until noon. Key to happiness.

bowener
01-09-2019, 08:19 AM
I feel you on that. 4-6hrs works for me IF I can get it :deevee:

For me, I have to be up for work at 5:30am. Currently, I'm deciding on calling out (again) or just pulling an all nighter / day and going to work.

Let me mail you some adderall. How health is your heart and liver?

Mostly joking.

But I sleep like shit and it is my own damn fault. I won't put my phone down or turn off a movie/show until far after I should. I need to change this shit.

bowener
01-09-2019, 08:21 AM
Sleep until noon. Key to happiness.

It really is. I absolutely love when I have nothing I need to do on the weekend and get to sleep until noon. I look forward to it with great anticipation.

Buehler445
01-09-2019, 08:31 AM

Buy some melatonin and drop one at 10:00. Take it until you get your sleep pattern change.

Melatonin is the chemical your brain releases when it's time to go to bed. It doesn't force you to sleep.

I don't use it very often, but it is a good product. Just don't take anything that changes your brain chemistry.

Why Not?
01-09-2019, 08:52 AM
Have some kids. I used to be a night owl and struggle to wake up at 8:30 or 9. Then I had kids. Now, no matter when I get to sleep, I’m up around 6:30 or 7 at the latest. Sometimes I get a little tired mid day. A sugar free Red Bull does the trick

MahiMike
01-09-2019, 10:34 AM
You'll sleep like a baby after we win the Superbowl.

ChiefBlueCFC
01-09-2019, 10:41 AM

I used to have a serious issue with this when I was in my 20s. I would set multiple alarms and place them in different parts of my room. roommates hated it and there was still times where I would sleep through or get up and just turn them off and not remember.

Now, around 8:30 I take melatonin or ZzzQuil, and sometimes both together, to help me fall asleep at a decent time so that I can get a decent nights sleep and I've been able to get on a pretty decent schedule.

The nice thing about the ZzzQuil and melatonin is I've never felt that groggy zombie feeling the next day with it, like you do with NyQuil.

I know this doesn't work for everyone but it works perfectly for me. Both of these are available at HyVee, Walmart, Target, Kroger, Food Lion, whatever your grocery store would be.

Reerun_KC
01-09-2019, 10:46 AM

A lot of it has to do with testosterone bottoming out.

I was told by my dr that I have the testosterone of an 85 year old man. When I take my shots regularly. I feel like I’m mid 30s and sleep well at night. When I don’t take them I can’t aleep right. Need naps all the time and basically suck at life.

displacedinMN
01-09-2019, 11:11 AM
A lot of it has to do with testosterone bottoming out.

I was told by my dr that I have the testosterone of an 85 year old man. When I take my shots regularly. I feel like I’m mid 30s and sleep well at night. When I don’t take them I can’t aleep right. Need naps all the time and basically suck at life.

oh my.

Fire Me Boy!
01-09-2019, 11:17 AM
I'm not working at the moment, but I have the opposite problem - I sleep all the time. There's a lot I can't do right now, and I'm bored/tuning out that negative in my head.

Iowanian
01-09-2019, 12:14 PM
My sleep has been screwed up for a month or two. I don't sleep well or can't sleep when I should and then I'm at my deepest sleep around 5am right before I need to be up at 6.

Once my mind gets going at night I'm not sleeping for a couple of hours, and then I dream wild. I'd guess there are reasons and I'll get back into sync.

That said, I don't miss work, I just work tired and drink more caffine.

Dayze
01-09-2019, 12:35 PM
I've been tired for the last decade lol.

it's getting better, but I basically need to be in bed by probably 9 or 9:30 during the week.
weekends come around I'm usually beat down and exhausted and sleep in a bit but find that even on the weekends I need a nap.

my issues are definitely stress related. but I've been trying to cut out the booze and try not to eat as bad as I used to. It's seemed to help. I'm at least falling asleep somewhat quickly during the week. compared to years ago where I woudl just lie awake and dread the next day due to hating my job.

my current gig is stressful, but I don't 'hate' it like I have jobs in the past.

BWillie
01-09-2019, 12:57 PM
Have some kids. I used to be a night owl and struggle to wake up at 8:30 or 9. Then I had kids. Now, no matter when I get to sleep, I’m up around 6:30 or 7 at the latest. Sometimes I get a little tired mid day. A sugar free Red Bull does the trick

Try a Bang or even a Hyde Energy Drink. It's off the chain.

BWillie
01-09-2019, 12:59 PM
Seriously - if you have "shift work disorder" - you may want to look into taking modafinil. I'm a little scared to take it very often - but I've really never read of any harmful long term side effects. In fact, it may even be a good medication to take to mitigate Alzheimers.

I'll usually play poker Midnight to 6am 4 times a week - and get 4-5 hrs of sleep those nights. The rest of the time I sleep about 11 hrs so my sleep schedule is kind of weird. This stuff doesn't even make you feel like you haven't had any sleep and you don't feel like you are on drugs like adderall.

Fish
01-09-2019, 01:05 PM
Big time night owl here. It's very rare for me to be in bed before midnight. 2am to 9am is my perfect night of sleep. Sucks making an 8-5 job compatible with that.

I don't have any problems falling asleep though. Once my head hits the pillow I'm asleep within minutes.

Hammock Parties
01-09-2019, 01:06 PM
melatonin puts me right to sleep

Holladay
01-09-2019, 01:17 PM
Cpap is a miracle.

seclark
01-09-2019, 01:33 PM
Cpap is a miracle.

^^^
sec

htismaqe
01-09-2019, 01:47 PM
Cpap is a miracle.

I tried one and it was worse than without. Simply couldn't fall asleep with it on. First I felt like I was suffocating and when they finally adjusted the output to cure that, it would force air out through my mouth, waking me up.

I'm just doomed. It takes me an hour or more to fall asleep, I wake up 3 or 4 times a night and can't fall back asleep. I've been napping more and more during the day and I'm tired all the time. Tried Valerian root, melatonin, diphenhydramine...nothing really works well.

seclark
01-09-2019, 01:56 PM
I tried one and it was worse than without. Simply couldn't fall asleep with it on. First I felt like I was suffocating and when they finally adjusted the output to cure that, it would force air out through my mouth, waking me up.

I'm just doomed. It takes me an hour or more to fall asleep, I wake up 3 or 4 times a night and can't fall back asleep. I've been napping more and more during the day and I'm tired all the time. Tried Valerian root, melatonin, diphenhydramine...nothing really works well.

used to have that problem. couldn't breathe through my nose because it had been broken too many times(fists, baseballs, fists). had surgery on it and they chiseled out the nostrils or whatever and after it wasn't swolled(thanks herm) any more i wasn't a mouth-breather.
sec

htismaqe
01-09-2019, 02:04 PM
used to have that problem. couldn't breathe through my nose because it had been broken too many times(fists, baseballs, fists). had surgery on it and they chiseled out the nostrils or whatever and after it wasn't swolled(thanks herm) any more i wasn't a mouth-breather.
sec

That's not my issue, actually. I used to be a mouth breather too - born with a deviated septum that caused all kinds of issues. I've had 5 surgeries (septoplasty, ethmoidectomy, frontal sinuplasty, plus revisions) and can breathe through my nose now.

My issue is that with the nasal canula, too low a pressure and I felt like I was suffocating. When they turned the pressure up to fix that, it started rerouting air from my throat back OUT of my mouth, so not keeping my airway open plus startling me and waking me up.

Their solution was a massive face mask that covered both my nose and mouth. I can't sleep wearing a freaking gas mask, so I gave up.

Fish
01-09-2019, 02:14 PM
My mom uses this torture device for snoring/apnea. It creates a suction that sucks your tongue out to open the airway. Not sure how the hell she can sleep like that. There'd be no fucking way I could use one...

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/5NkAAOSw1VRZjQmq/s-l640.jpg

Abba-Dabba
01-09-2019, 02:15 PM

Eat right, lose weight, eliminate stressors, limit caffeine, exercise, sleep w/head inclined.

Don't get tied to that CPAP for life. Make lifestyle changes. Don't get me started on sleep studies and the medical community wanting to classify people with severe sleep apnea to get a product sold. While they should be pushing lifestyle changes as the best alternative. But they aren't in the business of selling fruits or veggies.

seclark
01-09-2019, 02:16 PM
My mom uses this torture device for snoring/apnea. It creates a suction that sucks your tongue out to open the airway. Not sure how the hell she can sleep like that. There'd be no ****ing way I could use one...

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/5NkAAOSw1VRZjQmq/s-l640.jpg

i'd be afraid i'd chew my tongue off in my sleep.:eek:
sec

Holladay
01-09-2019, 03:29 PM
Don't get tied to that CPAP for life. Make lifestyle changes. Don't get me started on sleep studies and the medical community wanting to classify people with severe sleep apnea to get a product sold. While they should be pushing lifestyle changes as the best alternative. But they aren't in the business of selling fruits or veggies.

I agree on lifestyle changes. As to sleep studies, the first one was my wife. She told me I stopped breathing and scared her. Hell, I didn't know. I was asleep and dreaming well.

I took an "At Home" sleep study. The results showed that I stopped breathing 80 times an hour. Then I found out what happens with the apnea. Once you stop breathing, the Fight or Flight syndrome kicks in. Adrenaline and cortisol flood the system. Cortisol is the "bad" hormone.

rapid weight gain mainly in the face, chest and abdomen contrasted with slender arms and legs.
a flushed and round face.
high blood pressure.
osteoporosis.
skin changes (bruises and purple stretch marks)
muscle weakness.
mood swings, which show as anxiety, depression or irritability.

I would sleep 10 hours, go to work and 4 hours later needed to take a nap. I was tired ALL the time. I put it towards age and being 10-20 lbs over weight.

After the Cpap, I couldn't take a nap. More energy etc. Is it perfect? No. Better? YES.

My issue is that with the nasal canula, too low a pressure and I felt like I was suffocating. When they turned the pressure up to fix that, it started rerouting air from my throat back OUT of my mouth, so not keeping my airway open plus startling me and waking me up.

I too have a deviated septum, not major though.

It took me a good 2 weeks to get use the air pressure. I felt like I was inhaling a tornado. It wasn't comfortable. I still get a bit of air coming out my mouth, not much. I had the mask at first and didn't like it. I thought I was a mouth breather and was with the apnea. I got a "nasal prong" and love it. It wraps around your head up to the crown and the hose attaches at the top. I can roll all over the place and the hose just swivels. Sure cool.

I don't like the idea of being attached to a "machine", but it is better then the alternative. I hope as I lose weight and diet better with exercise, I will be able to do without. Until then, this is the best solution.

I hope this helps.

01-09-2019, 03:32 PM
And today I wake up at 1pm after only 5 hours of sleep. Ugh

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-09-2019, 03:33 PM
Seriously - if you have "shift work disorder" - you may want to look into taking modafinil. I'm a little scared to take it very often - but I've really never read of any harmful long term side effects. In fact, it may even be a good medication to take to mitigate Alzheimers.

Don't do this. Do not do this.

htismaqe
01-09-2019, 03:36 PM
Although weight gain is the #1 contributor to sleep apnea, losing weight doesn't always cure it. I know a marathon runner that has apnea and has to wear a CPAP. That being said, I need to lose some weight and hopefully that will help.

I also wear a dental appliance because I grind my teeth, the one I have sets the bottom jaw forward to keep the airway open. It used to work really good, I think I might need to get it adjusted.

O.city
01-09-2019, 03:37 PM
Have any of you guys talked to your dentist about sleep issues? I've been doing a lot of sleep stuff for pts with different mouthguards. Works really well.

htismaqe
01-09-2019, 03:38 PM
Have any of you guys talked to your dentist about sleep issues? I've been doing a lot of sleep stuff for pts with different mouthguards. Works really well.

I have a SomnoDent. Haven't had it adjusted recently though.

O.city
01-09-2019, 03:39 PM
I have a SomnoDent. Haven't had it adjusted recently though.

They work well.

It's a pain to go thru the sleep studies and stuff to see what's actually needed. ONce you get it dialed in though, it can really be a life saver.

The Franchise
01-09-2019, 03:40 PM

I was told that I grind my teeth at night and that I should totally buy a $700 mouth guard to help stop the damage. I bought a $20 sleep mouth guard from Walmart. Haven't used it in over a year now.

Holladay
01-09-2019, 03:53 PM
Have any of you guys talked to your dentist about sleep issues?

I spoke and went to visit Toogue a dentist and frequent CPer. We spoke about a mouth piece. After He saw my sleep study results, he had doubts a mouth piece would be sufficent.

O.city
01-09-2019, 03:53 PM
I was told that I grind my teeth at night and that I should totally buy a $700 mouth guard to help stop the damage. I bought a $20 sleep mouth guard from Walmart. Haven't used it in over a year now.

Go ahead and grind your teeth down and see how much that costs to fix them you jerk.

O.city
01-09-2019, 03:54 PM
I spoke and went to visit Toogue a dentist and frequent CPer. We spoke about a mouth piece. After He saw my sleep study results, he had doubts a mouth piece would be sufficent.

Yeah sometimes it requires a breather and sometimes there are more drastic issues.

I don't get into the crazy difficult ones, they can get brutal.

The Franchise
01-09-2019, 03:56 PM
Go ahead and grind your teeth down and see how much that costs to fix them you jerk.

I was more pissed off that a bullshit mouth guard is that fucking much money.

htismaqe
01-09-2019, 03:56 PM

Dude, don't mess with it. I had to have two caps installed because I cracked previously-filled teeth grinding on them at night.

Caps cost A LOT more than $700.

O.city
01-09-2019, 03:57 PM
I was more pissed off that a bullshit mouth guard is that ****ing much money.

That's more than I charge for sure.

The Franchise
01-09-2019, 03:59 PM
Dude, don't mess with it. I had to have two caps installed because I cracked previously-filled teeth grinding on them at night.

Caps cost A LOT more than $700.

I just need to have a sleep study done. I haven't gotten good sleep since I was in the Air Force and now I'm forced to use OTC sleep aids to sleep. It's been like that for the last 10+ years. Fucking had insomnia for 5 days straight this past weekend and it fucking sucked.

htismaqe
01-09-2019, 03:59 PM
I was more pissed off that a bullshit mouth guard is that fucking much money.

It's a TCO thing.

My mouthguard actually cost about $1100, AFTER insurance.

I've had it for 12 years and it's as good today as the day it was made.

You'll grind that $20 mouth guard down to unusable in a month or two and need a new one.

Conservatively, if you spent $20 every two months at Walmart, that's $120 a year. Over 12 years, that's $1440. You could buy TWO dental appliances for that.

htismaqe
01-09-2019, 04:00 PM
Keep in mind that my mouthguard is for both sleep apnea AND grinding. That's why it was so expensive. It was also 12 years ago, when only 1 dentist within 2 hours of me was doing them.

O.city
01-09-2019, 04:02 PM
I just need to have a sleep study done. I haven't gotten good sleep since I was in the Air Force and now I'm forced to use OTC sleep aids to sleep. It's been like that for the last 10+ years. ****ing had insomnia for 5 days straight this past weekend and it ****ing sucked.

Do you snore?

Do you have any TMJ pain? Jaw joint pain that is?

The Franchise
01-09-2019, 04:03 PM
Do you snore?

Do you have any TMJ pain? Jaw joint pain that is?

I'm assuming I do yeah (my wife would say that I do).

Sometimes. It's not like an all the time thing.

O.city
01-09-2019, 04:05 PM
I'm assuming I do yeah (my wife would say that I do).

Sometimes. It's not like an all the time thing.

Could be a TMJ problem or an airway problem.

Have you broken any teeth because of grinding?

There are a couple schools of thought on this stuff so bear with me, but in my thought process, grinding or bruxism (same thing) is caused from you jaw not being in the right spot. Your subconscious is trying to find the right spot and your teeth get in the way. Usually you will have muscle soreness in your facial muscles as well.

Couple ways to fix it.

The Franchise
01-09-2019, 04:14 PM
Could be a TMJ problem or an airway problem.

Have you broken any teeth because of grinding?

There are a couple schools of thought on this stuff so bear with me, but in my thought process, grinding or bruxism (same thing) is caused from you jaw not being in the right spot. Your subconscious is trying to find the right spot and your teeth get in the way. Usually you will have muscle soreness in your facial muscles as well.

Couple ways to fix it.

I chipped a tooth like 7-8 months ago. Or at least I think I did from that.

Rasputin
01-09-2019, 04:22 PM
It's past my bedtime but I'm not going in early tonight so I'll be alright and still get maybe 5 hours sleep.

seclark
01-09-2019, 04:32 PM
anybody else walk in their sleep?
i have most of my life, but not so much since i've been on the c-pap. it wakes me up when i drag it off the table. i'm serious.
talk a lot too.
sec

The Franchise
01-09-2019, 04:35 PM
anybody else walk in their sleep?
i have most of my life, but not so much since i've been on the c-pap. it wakes me up when i drag it off the table. i'm serious.
talk a lot too.
sec

I apparently talk a bunch. Only ever walked around once.

seclark
01-09-2019, 04:37 PM
I apparently talk a bunch. Only ever walked around once.

shit...i've woke up sitting in my truck out in the garage. got out of bed lots of times and had grass/dirt on my feet. kind of creepy.
sec

Fish
01-09-2019, 04:43 PM
In college I used to sleep walk a lot, and sometimes make something to eat, caveman style. My roommates said they would often find me sitting in the living room or standing in the kitchen eyes open staring at the wall. My mom said I used to creep her out doing the same thing as a child. I haven't done it in a long time though, that I know of...

Holladay
01-09-2019, 04:44 PM
Wow that would be spooky. Glad to know you have a leash now.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy
01-09-2019, 04:51 PM
I take at least 15 credit hours a semester plus work 40 hour weeks. My first two years in school I was getting up at 5 AM seven days a week for about two years straight. Including summers. Often I was up late studying or working, too. It caught up to me eventually. Felt like I was in a fog all the time. I stopped taking summer classes, cut back on my credits a little, and dropped some hours at work and I'm starting to feel better. I cut out all caffeine, too.

BWillie
01-09-2019, 05:20 PM
Don't do this. Do not do this.

Please elaborate.

Modafinil>Caffeine>Adderall as far as safety.

hometeam
01-09-2019, 06:02 PM
Sleep is for the weak

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-09-2019, 06:47 PM
Please elaborate.

Modafinil>Caffeine>Adderall as far as safety.

You shouldn't be using C-IVs to mitigate wakefulness first of all. Additionally, modafinil is an inducer of several CYP enzymes which can affect therapeutic levels of other drugs you take.

Focus on improving your sleep hygiene first, then consider melatonin. If that doesn't work, there are numerous other agents with far more clinical data. Speeding yourself up is not a good longterm health strategy, nor is skimping on sleep, as those who do die sooner.

seclark
01-09-2019, 09:23 PM
just sayin...safe sleep is best
sleep talkin and walkin is fuckin nuts.
sec

PHOG
01-09-2019, 09:49 PM
I prefer,Work is affecting my sleep.

ghak99
01-09-2019, 11:56 PM
I'm fighting my winter sleep patterns right now. The short daylight hours just kill me and I guess I get bored as hell or something. Once I fall asleep I'm fine, but I just can't get wound down enough to do it. A little alcohol or melatonin can help sometimes, but eventually I have to just pull an all nighter doing some kind of busy work to correct it for a while.

Pushead2
01-10-2019, 01:37 AM
I tried ZzzQuil and I fell asleep around 10pm, but I woke up at 2am and now I'm wide awake.

It could be the lack of daytime sun activity that's doing it. I do run outside daily, but like the user above said, the short daytime hours affect me.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-10-2019, 07:59 PM
I tried ZzzQuil and I fell asleep around 10pm, but I woke up at 2am and now I'm wide awake.

It could be the lack of daytime sun activity that's doing it. I do run outside daily, but like the user above said, the short daytime hours affect me.

ZzzQuil is just Benadryl. Extremely overpriced.

FWIW, don't take antihistamines for sleep for more than two weeks. After two weeks the sedative effect remains but the hypnotic effect diminishes, meaning that you get tired, but you don't fall asleep.