PDA

View Full Version : Football Bengals hiring Zac Taylor to be HC; Bienemy remains in KC

pugsnotdrugs19
01-10-2019, 06:31 PM
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1083508912903671809?s=21

Soon...

TEX
01-10-2019, 06:32 PM
Good deal!

Sassy Squatch
01-10-2019, 06:33 PM
Dolphins are the last team and they're looking at Kris Richard or Brian Flores.

chiefzilla1501
01-10-2019, 06:37 PM
I don't know why any coach would want to work for mike brown. But kudos to the Bengals for looking outside the organization.

displacedinMN
01-10-2019, 06:38 PM
good.
I like stability and less distractions.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2019, 07:02 PM
Dolphins are the last team and they're looking at Kris Richard or Brian Flores.

Radio is available.

Luke Atamadong
01-10-2019, 07:40 PM
Radio is available.

No other GM in the league is dumb enough to hire him.

In58men
01-10-2019, 07:46 PM
5 black coaches fired and only two remain (Tomlin/Lynn).

Wilks fired after just one season and is replaced with a guy who has ZERO NFL experience and a losing record? Something doesn’t add up. One season? Hmmm

Bienemy clearly got shafted.

staylor26
01-10-2019, 07:49 PM

Wilks fired after just one season and is replaced with a guy who has ZERO NFL experience and a losing record? Something doesn’t add up. One season? Hmmm

Yea I’m sure it’s about race and not about the fact that everybody wants a young offensive mind with a QB background.

Black or White, if Bienemy were the OC calling plays and also another QB coach for Mahomes, he would have a HC job.

chiefforlife
01-10-2019, 08:08 PM
I wish nothing but the best for Bienemy but MAN AM I GLAD he is staying!!

Dont worry Mr. Bienemy, another year or two in this offense and you will be able to pick your next team! (Please go to the NFC)

Chiefshrink
01-10-2019, 09:06 PM

No he didn't. Everybody knows he is not calling the plays and this is his apprenticeship year. This year is to get practice in interviewing while being the token minority interview to make sure the Rooney rule is followed. Next year will possibly be his year assuming all things go well.:shrug:

UChieffyBugger
01-10-2019, 09:18 PM
Yea I’m sure it’s about race and not about the fact that everybody wants a young offensive mind with a QB background.

Black or White, if Bienemy were the OC calling plays and also another QB coach for Mahomes, he would have a HC job.

And how many black coaches get the chance to be OC's? It's easy to try and paper over the issues in the game. The fact is Kingsbury should be nowhere near an NFL job but hey, "he looks like Mcvay", so let's fire a guy who was lumbered with a garbage rookie QB and barely any offensive weapons and get a guy who's failed at the college level!!!..BRILLIANT LOGIC :rolleyes:.

UChieffyBugger
01-10-2019, 09:21 PM
No he didn't. Everybody knows he is not calling the plays and this is his apprenticeship year. This year is to get practice in interviewing while being the token minority interview to make sure the Rooney rule is followed. Next year will possibly be his year assuming all things go well.:shrug:

LOL "token minority"? So you're saying he didn't deserve to be interviewed but the guy who got the Packers job, you know, the one who was OC at the Titans and had a garbage offense, did? Ok then :clap: .

FloridaMan88
01-10-2019, 09:24 PM

How much play calling experience did Doug Pederson and Matt Nagy have as Andy Reid’s OC before getting HC jobs?

RINGLEADER
01-10-2019, 09:25 PM
good.
I like stability and less distractions.

For the superstitious this is yet another reason the year’s team is different...

— no distractions for OC
— no 13-3
— no undefeated record at Arrowhead
— no faux QBs under center

staylor26
01-10-2019, 09:37 PM
How much play calling experience did Doug Pederson and Matt Nagy have as Andy Reid’s OC before getting HC jobs?

I guess you missed the and QB coach part.

Also, they both at least did at some point their final seasons.

Sassy Squatch
01-10-2019, 09:40 PM
LOL "token minority"? So you're saying he didn't deserve to be interviewed but the guy who got the Packers job, you know, the one who was OC at the Titans and had a garbage offense, did? Ok then :clap: .
You do realize that saying teams were using him as a token minority interview candidate to satisfy the Rooney Rule doesn't mean that Chiefshrink thinks he didn't deserve to be interviewed, right?

FloridaMan88
01-10-2019, 09:45 PM

There are really no words to describe your level of stupidity.

staylor26
01-10-2019, 09:49 PM
There are really no words to describe your level of stupidity.

I’m stupid because you can’t grasp the difference between Naggy/Pederson and Bienemy or why they fit the current trend more?

tk13
01-10-2019, 09:49 PM
In related news, the Vikings have decided to fire their coach and have hired Sean McVay's barber as head coach.

In58men
01-10-2019, 09:55 PM

I don’t give two shits about this.

What’s the logic behind Wilks being fired after one season and Kliff being hired with a losing record?

Let me say it again, 5 black coaches fired this offseason.

This guy nails it......

https://twitter.com/themanacho/status/1083230873347125248?s=21

Sassy Squatch
01-10-2019, 09:57 PM

What’s the logic behind Wilks being fired after one season and Kliff being hired with a losing record?

This guy nails it......

Wilks was horrible. You didn't need another year to determine that. Dead last in a lot of offensive metrics and switching defensive schemes was a horrendous idea. The Cardinals run defense went from allowing 89.6 yards per game and 12 rush TDs in 2017 to 154.9 yards per game and 25 rush TDs in 2018.

Kingsbury got hired because teams are desperate to create the next Mahomes/Mayfield/whoever the **** else he worked with.

Titty Meat
01-10-2019, 09:58 PM
Hell yeah. Husker fans loved Taylor I thought he was average.

In58men
01-10-2019, 10:01 PM
Wilks was horrible. You didn't need another year to determine that.

Kingsbury got hired because teams are desperate to create the next Mahomes/Mayfield/whoever the **** else he worked with.

What makes you think he was horrible after one season?

Sassy Squatch
01-10-2019, 10:02 PM
Check the edit.

FloridaMan88
01-10-2019, 10:05 PM
I’m stupid because you can’t grasp the difference between Naggy/Pederson and Bienemy or why they fit the current trend more?

Yes because it is a baseless statement and you have no evidence to support it.

Pederson and Nagy were not hired as HC’s because of their play calling in KC, both barely called plays as Andy Reid was the primary play caller.

Also so serving as Alex Smith’s QB coach wan’t a primary factor either.

The primary factor was the basic fact they were OC’s under Andy Reid, from his famed coaching tree and could bring in his system/coaching style.

FloridaMan88
01-10-2019, 10:12 PM

3-13 record, having to fire his OC midseason, disasterously changing their defensive scheme... take your pick,

Rasputin
01-10-2019, 10:20 PM
I'd like to endorse Bob Sutton for another teams HC. Maybe he could be Denvers DC?

I think he'd make a great HC for another team.

In58men
01-10-2019, 10:24 PM
3-13 record, having to fire his OC midseason, disasterously changing their defensive scheme... take your pick,

Yet you wanted Sutton fired mid season too, fuck we all did.

Who cares?

Still, one year isn’t enough time lol. Cardinals just lowered the bar on qualifications to become a head coach.

#1. No NFL experience

#2. Losing record in college

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-10-2019, 11:32 PM

This guy nails it......

1. Marvin Lewis- Should’ve been fired years ago.
2. Todd Bowles- got plenty of time never worked
3. Vance Joseph- sucked as a coach
4.Hue Jackson- dude flat out sucked as a HC

Fact is African Americans make up 11% of the population. So please tell me what is a acceptable amount of coaches that would make you happy?

Here is a list of 1 and done coaches seem to me race doesn’t matter.

Chip Kelly, 49ers, 2016, 2-14

Jim Tomsula, 49ers, 2015, 5-11

Mike Mularkey, Jaguars, 2012, 2-14

Hue Jackson, Raiders, 2011, 8-8

Jim Mora, Seahawks, 2009, 4-12

Cam Cameron, Dolphins, 2007, 1-15

Art Shell, Raiders, 2006, 2-14

Marty Shottenheimer, Redskins, 2001, 8-8

Al Groh, Jets, 2000, 9-7

Steve Wilks, Cardinals, 2018, 3-13

Hoover
01-10-2019, 11:40 PM
hey and nobody tried to take Dave Toab or whatever his name is this year!

staylor26
01-11-2019, 07:05 AM
Yes because it is a baseless statement and you have no evidence to support it.

Pederson and Nagy were not hired as HC’s because of their play calling in KC, both barely called plays as Andy Reid was the primary play caller.

Also so serving as Alex Smith’s QB coach wan’t a primary factor either.

The primary factor was the basic fact they were OC’s under Andy Reid, from his famed coaching tree and could bring in his system/coaching style.

JFC you really are retarded

They both called plays down the stretch the year they were hired. This is a fucking fact.

McVay, Pederson, Nagy, Taylor, Kingsbury, Lafleur, Gase

All of these guys have one thing in common that separates them from Bienemy. They’re QB coaches. Bienemy has absolutely no expiereince with QB’s and the passing game outside of this year. People want offensive minded HC’s that can work with an develop QB’s. This isn’t complicated, but you’re such a fucking idiot that you can’t understand it.

You honestly might be the dumbest motherfucker on this board, congrats!

RealSNR
01-11-2019, 09:00 AM

They both called plays down the stretch the year they were hired. This is a fucking fact.

All of these guys have one thing in common that separates them from Bienemy. They’re QB coaches. Bienemy has absolutely no expiereince with QB’s and the passing game outside of this year. People want offensive minded HC’s that can work with an develop QB’s. This isn’t complicated, but you’re such a fucking idiot that you can’t understand it.

You honestly might be the dumbest motherfucker on this board, congrats!

Not challenging this point, but why do you think Freddie Kitchens was (apparently) effective at coaching Baker Mayfield?

staylor26
01-11-2019, 09:07 AM
Not challenging this point, but why do you think Freddie Kitchens was (apparently) effective at coaching Baker Mayfield?

I’m not sure what you mean? He was a QB’s coach I’m Arizona.

FloridaMan88
01-11-2019, 09:07 AM

They both called plays down the stretch the year they were hired. This is a fact.

All of these guys have one thing in common that separates them from Bienemy. They’re QB coaches. Bienemy has absolutely no expiereince with QB’s and the passing game outside of this year. People want offensive minded HC’s that can work with an develop QB’s. This isn’t complicated, but you’re such an idiot that you can’t understand it.

ROFL

So Bieniemy (you should really try spelling his name correctly, that is one of the many spelling issues you have in your drooling incoherent babble of a post) has "no experience with QB's and the passing game", except for the experience he has this year working with one of the most explosive offenses in recent memory.

So he does have a season's worth of the experience you are babbling about him not having.

Also you apparently can't comprehend the fact that Doug Pederson and Matt Nagy each calling plays in KC for five seconds was not the reason they were hired as HC's. There is no correlation.

You have had quite a 24 hours, first claiming that Adam Gase is a "young offensive talent" when facts support the opposite of that, and now whatever point you were attempting to make above with your babbling, incoherent drool job.

O.city
01-11-2019, 09:11 AM
Apparently beinemy has a defensive staff of joe woods and Steve Wilks if or when he gets a job.

Maybe if he doesn’t they’re coming herr

chiefzilla1501
01-11-2019, 09:14 AM

Lots of people questioned how much role Pederson actually had with the offense playcalling. Nagy was a lot more active in that role.

I'm glad we're keeping Bienemy. But I'm surprised he didn't get any offers. Unlike either of those guys, he actually has run an offense all on his own in Colorado. The common thread with the coaches you listed off is each of them has a franchise QB or high draft pick QB to work with.

We're spoiled because we have Mahomes. But not every team is built for a passing attack. Teams like Seattle and Dallas are well built for a balanced approach to an offense. It's a copycat league and I wonder if this is maybe being duplicated to death.

Sassy Squatch
01-11-2019, 09:15 AM
Apparently beinemy has a defensive staff of joe woods and Steve Wilks if or when he gets a job.

Maybe if he doesn’t they’re coming herr
https://media.giphy.com/media/yr2qSstSRwTug/giphy.gif

staylor26
01-11-2019, 09:15 AM
ROFL

So Bieniemy (you should really try spelling his name correctly, that is one of the many spelling issues you have in your drooling incoherent babble of a post) has "no experience with QB's and the passing game", except for the experience he has this year working with one of the most explosive offenses in recent memory.

So he does have a season's worth of the experience you are babbling about him not having.

Also you apparently can't comprehend the fact that Doug Pederson and Matt Nagy each calling plays in KC for five seconds was not the reason they were hired as HC's. There is no correlation.

You have had quite a 24 hours, first claiming that Adam Gase is a "young offensive talent" when facts support the opposite of that, and now whatever point you were attempting to make above with your babbling, incoherent drool job.

I literally said “outside of this year” in the bolded part you quoted you fucking moron. 1 year vs your entire career is two totally different things. We still have no idea how much of a role he’s played in the passing game. You don’t see him on the sideline with Mahomes in between series, it’s Reid and Kafka every time. You don’t think front offices are aware? You don’t think they know that he’s a RB coach with very little experience, if any at all, with QB’s?

staylor26
01-11-2019, 09:19 AM
Lots of people questioned how much role Pederson actually had with the offense playcalling. Nagy was a lot more active in that role.

I'm glad we're keeping Bienemy. But I'm surprised he didn't get any offers. Unlike either of those guys, he actually has run an offense all on his own in Colorado. The common thread with the coaches you listed off is each of them has a franchise QB or high draft pick QB to work with.

We're spoiled because we have Mahomes. But not every team is built for a passing attack. Teams like Seattle and Dallas are well built for a balanced approach to an offense. It's a copycat league and I wonder if this is maybe being duplicated to death.

Everybody wants a young offensive coach that can develop a young QB. That’s why those guys got their jobs, to develop QB’s. I’m not saying it’s smart or stupid, I’m simply pointing out what I thought was an obvious trend and providing a reasonable explanation why Bieniemy didn’t get a job just yet.

I mean the Bengals picked a QB coach over him. Is it not fucking obvious they are following this trend?

bigjosh
01-11-2019, 09:20 AM
The cards fired bruce arians after going 8-8. Do you think they should have kept the guy that brought essentially the same team to 3-13?

Kliff kingsbury represents an innovative offensive philosophy and a track record of working with quarterbacks.

Steve wilks has zero history of working with quarterbacks and works on a 1990 nfl philosophy.

As stated countless times with mahomes “i dont give a shit what his college record was.”

Player drafting, acquisition and retainment is alot different than competing to recruit talent against teams that break rules to do so.

O.city
01-11-2019, 09:21 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/yr2qSstSRwTug/giphy.gif

I would love to have Wilks as the dc and joe woods as the sb cosch

chiefzilla1501
01-11-2019, 09:21 AM
I literally said “outside of this year” in the bolded part you quoted you ****ing moron. 1 year vs your entire career is two totally different things. We still have no idea how much of a role he’s played in the passing game. You don’t see him on the sideline with Mahomes in between series, it’s Reid and Kafka every time. You don’t think front offices are aware? You don’t think they know that he’s a RB coach with very little experience, if any at all, with QB’s?

The job of the head coach is to manage a team. It isn't to call plays. There's a reason toub is often in hc conversations. He can hire a good qbs coach or oc. Could easily be claimed that an experienced RBs coach knows a ton about blocking schemes and would put together a tough minded team. If you're Seattle, Dallas, Baltimore, etc... Why wouldn't that be a great hire?

Sassy Squatch
01-11-2019, 09:23 AM
I would love to have Wilks as the dc and joe woods as the sb cosch
Why? Wilks fucking cratered the Arizona defense. Chiefs gave up 132 rushing yards per game and 19 TDs. Cardinals gave up 154 rushing yards per game and 25 TDs. The year prior they gave up 89 rushing yards per game and 12 TDs. Wilks changed them from a 3-4 to 4-3. Do not want him anywhere near this team if he is going to be doing shit like that.

O.city
01-11-2019, 09:23 AM
Didn’t bienemy also have some sexual assault issues years ago?

That could be a sticking point

O.city
01-11-2019, 09:24 AM
Why? Wilks ****ing cratered the Arizona defense. Chiefs gave up 132 rushing yards per game and 19 TDs. Cardinals gave up 154 rushing yards per game and 25 TDs. The year prior they gave up 89 rushing yards per game and 12 TDs. Wilks changed them from a 3-4 to 4-3. Do not want him anywhere near this team if he is going to be doing shit like that.

Everyone wants the chiefs to change schemes.

I don’t really fault Wilks for the hc year. He’s just not a head coach

He’s been a good dc

staylor26
01-11-2019, 09:25 AM
The job of the head coach is to manage a team. It isn't to call plays. There's a reason toub is often in hc conversations. He can hire a good qbs coach or oc. Could easily be claimed that an experienced RBs coach knows a ton about blocking schemes and would put together a tough minded team. If you're Seattle, Dallas, Baltimore, etc... Why wouldn't that be a great hire?

I honestly have no idea if/what you’re trying to dispute here.

I clearly said I’m not saying that’s the only way to go, just simply pointing out the trend.

Sassy Squatch
01-11-2019, 09:25 AM

No. More of being a goddamn fool while driving and some Colorado players being accused of rape while he was the head coach.

Hoopsdoc
01-11-2019, 09:26 AM
In related news, the Vikings have decided to fire their coach and have hired Sean McVay's barber as head coach.

I thought for sure Mcvays Uber driver had it locked up.

O.city
01-11-2019, 09:27 AM
No. More of being a goddamn fool while driving and some Colorado players being accused of rape while he was the head coach.

I just heard it brought up on a podcast. Hadn’t really heard much of it elsewhere

Sassy Squatch
01-11-2019, 09:28 AM
Everyone wants the chiefs to change schemes.

I don’t really fault Wilks for the hc year. He’s just not a head coach

He’s been a good dc
Agree to disagree. If he's dumb enough to crater his defense to the point they're allowing damn near double in both yards and TDs against the run, he shouldn't be coming here. That's the absolute last thing we need.

chiefzilla1501
01-11-2019, 09:28 AM
Everybody wants a young offensive coach that can develop a young QB. That’s why those guys got their jobs, to develop QB’s. I’m not saying it’s smart or stupid, I’m simply pointing out what I thought was an obvious trend and providing a reasonable explanation why Bieniemy didn’t get a job just yet.

I mean the Bengals picked a QB coach over him. Is it not ****ing obvious they are following this trend?

I think it's a copycat league. That's for sure. The front office fired a head coach, so there's not exactly a vote of confidence they can be trusted to hire a good replacement. I'm glad the Chiefs have an offense guru. But if the Bengals don't draft an elite qb and if Rosen and darnold don't become elite qbs, I wonder how many will be back to the drawing board 3 years from now. Qbs coaches may be hot right now. But I wonder if that's become too watered down of late.

Sassy Squatch
01-11-2019, 09:29 AM
I just heard it brought up on a podcast. Hadn’t really heard much of it elsewhere
I'd never heard of it either so I looked it up. This was the first result.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/1/6/18169793/bengals-coach-search-chiefs-eric-bieniemy-vance-joseph-broncos

Man, Bieniemy had some rough younger years LMAO

Hoover
01-11-2019, 09:29 AM
The best thing that could happen to Bieniemy is for him to have another year running this offense. There are 5-8 coaching changes a year, I don't have any doubt he will get his shot. And while it is life changing money, if it were me, I'd want to be prepared when I got my shot.

One of the most impressive things I noticed with Reid when the Chiefs hired him, was how large his staff was, and that he brought in an entire crew, from the field and turf guys to the equipment managers. Reid is also always hiring these off the radar guys who over years he turns into coaches. Guys like Mike Kafka, Deland McCullough, David Girardi, and Joe Bleymaier. Reid has a system in place as far as offensive coaches are concerned.

chiefzilla1501
01-11-2019, 09:30 AM

I also wonder if that was an issue. I saw that swirling on Twitter when he was being considered.

chiefzilla1501
01-11-2019, 09:33 AM
Although I'm glad we keep bieniemy I was still kind of holding out hope we could Backfill him with Kafka who I think would do fine. And then put in a very experienced qb handler like van pelt at qbs coach.

staylor26
01-11-2019, 09:39 AM
I think it's a copycat league. That's for sure. The front office fired a head coach, so there's not exactly a vote of confidence they can be trusted to hire a good replacement. I'm glad the Chiefs have an offense guru. But if the Bengals don't draft an elite qb and if Rosen and darnold don't become elite qbs, I wonder how many will be back to the drawing board 3 years from now. Qbs coaches may be hot right now. But I wonder if that's become too watered down of late.

The fact that it’s a trend and teams are having success doing it is only making things worse.

For one, you have all these highly paid QB’s missing out on the playoffs, so teams want to try and win with talented young QB’s on rookie deals. It’s the best way to do it in today’s NFL.

Then, if you have a defensive minded HC and your QB developer is an OC or QB coach, you have to worry about losing them every single year. It makes more sense for your HC to be that guy, so that’s why I get it. It’s easier to find DC’s year to year.

O.city
01-11-2019, 09:43 AM
Agree to disagree. If he's dumb enough to crater his defense to the point they're allowing damn near double in both yards and TDs against the run, he shouldn't be coming here. That's the absolute last thing we need.

I’m not sure if that was actually his decision to change all that up though.

HemiEd
01-11-2019, 09:45 AM
Man, Bieniemy had some rough younger years LMAO

I didn't see anything there that was out of the ordinary. :shrug:

Few speeding tickets and players having issues when he was a coach.

Titty Meat
01-11-2019, 09:52 AM
Yeah I would have hired Taylor over him too

FloridaMan88
01-11-2019, 09:53 AM
You don’t see him on the sideline with Mahomes in between series, it’s Reid and Kafka every time.

ROFLROFLROFL

Yeah you never see Bieniemy on the sideline with Mahomes between series... except when you do (all of the time):

https://usatchiefswire.files.wordpress.com/2018/09/gettyimages-1038652480.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

It is not even 11 a.m. Eastern Time yet and you have already posted a day's worth of stupid shit.

Titty Meat
01-11-2019, 09:56 AM
Kafka will be a stud coach someday.

chiefzilla1501
01-11-2019, 09:57 AM
The fact that it’s a trend and teams are having success doing it is only making things worse.

For one, you have all these highly paid QB’s missing out on the playoffs, so teams want to try and win with talented young QB’s on rookie deals. It’s the best way to do it in today’s NFL.

Then, if you have a defensive minded HC and your QB developer is an OC or QB coach, you have to worry about losing them every single year. It makes more sense for your HC to be that guy, so that’s why I get it. It’s easier to find DC’s year to year.

Yeah, that's an interesting angle about losing qbs coaches every year. I still think it goes without saying we hit the jackpot with Mahomes. And that not every team should assume that. Granted, Nagy and pederson have run tough teams in spite of having game managers at qb. So maybe there's something to be said for qbs coaches being able to run tough defensive minded teams. But as for the trend, I think the success of the bears, eagles, ravens, Seahawks, cowboys flipped the season narrative a bit. It reminds me of when 3-4 did really well because few teams ran it. I'm surprised no team had considered the advantage of doing something different from everyone else.

staylor26
01-11-2019, 09:57 AM
ROFLROFLROFL

Yeah you never see Bieniemy on the sideline with Mahomes between series... except when you do (all of the time):

https://usatchiefswire.files.wordpress.com/2018/09/gettyimages-1038652480.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

It is not even 11 a.m. Eastern Time yet and you have already posted a day's worth of stupid shit.

Holy fuck, you can’t possibly be this stupid. You have to be trolling.

I’m talking about in between series when Mahomes is on the bench and Reid/Kafka are beside him. Bieniemy is NEVER there.

All you did was just post a pic with Bieniemy in the vicinity of Mahomes during a series. That pic doesn’t dispute anything that I’m trying to say. I’m not saying that he and Mahomes don’t speak the entire fucking game.

smithandrew051
01-11-2019, 10:01 AM
Kafka will be a stud coach someday.

I like the idea of Kafka being our HC in waiting. Have him help Mahomes continue to grow then promote him to OC whenever Bieniemy leaves. Then promote him to HC once Reid retires.

FloridaMan88
01-11-2019, 10:01 AM
I’m talking about in between series when Mahomes is on the bench and Reid/Kafka are beside him.

ROFL so it is not enough for Bieniemy to be standing and talking/coaching Mahomes on the sideline between series, he has to sit with Mahomes on the bench to gain the experience you claim he is lacking to become a HC?

Do you actually believe what you are saying?

This has to be a troll job.

ROFL

staylor26
01-11-2019, 10:04 AM
ROFL so it is not enough for Bieniemy to be standing and talking/coaching Mahomes on the sideline between series, he has to sit with Mahomes on the bench to gain the experience you claim he is lacking to become a HC?

Do you actually believe what you are saying?

This has to be a troll job.

ROFL

Why the fuck do you think it’s Reid and Kafka every. single. time. ?

You think it’s a coincidence?

JFC

Also, I never once said he’s lacking the experience to be a HC. I’m fucking saying he doesn’t fit the trend of QB coaches/developers to HC. I’m not saying anything other than it’s a trend and that’s why Bieniemy isn’t being looked at in the same light as those guys.

Sassy Squatch
01-11-2019, 10:04 AM
Holy fuck, you can’t possibly be this stupid. You have to be trolling.

I’m talking about in between series when Mahomes is on the bench and Reid/Kafka are beside him. Bieniemy is NEVER there.

All you did was just post a pic with Bieniemy in the vicinity of Mahomes during a series. That pic doesn’t dispute anything that I’m trying to say. I’m not saying that he and Mahomes don’t speak the entire fucking game.
Yes he is. Not all the time like Reid but he's certainly hovering around.

Sassy Squatch
01-11-2019, 10:05 AM
I didn't see anything there that was out of the ordinary. :shrug:

Few speeding tickets and players having issues when he was a coach.
I just found that one where he left the scene of the accident funny. His excuse was basically "sorry, officers. I didn't know I couldn't do that."

FloridaMan88
01-11-2019, 10:07 AM
That pic doesn’t dispute anything that I’m trying to say

What you said...

You don’t see him on the sideline with Mahomes in between series

What the photo evidence shows...

ROFL

staylor26
01-11-2019, 10:16 AM
Yes he is. Not all the time like Reid but he's certainly hovering around.

No, he’s never once been sitting on the bench when the defense is on the field with Mahomes like Reid and Kafka.

Sassy Squatch
01-11-2019, 10:17 AM
No, he’s never once been sitting on the bench when the defense is on the field with Mahomes like Reid and Kafka.
On the bench? No, but he's standing right in front of them involved in the conversation sometimes.

staylor26
01-11-2019, 10:18 AM
What you said...

What the photo evidence shows...

ROFL

Do you know what “in between series” means?

It means when the defense is on the field. The offense is clearly on or going into the field in this pic.

I even specified “sitting on the bench”, which has been shown in every game because it’s new and pretty much unheard of for the HC to do it, and you still don’t get it.

Kill yourself you dumb fuck.

staylor26
01-11-2019, 10:20 AM
On the bench? No, but he's standing right in front of them involved in the conversation sometimes.

The point is, who’s coaching Mahomes on the bench when the defense is on the field?

Kafka and Reid.

I’m not saying Bieniemy doesn’t communicate with Pat at all, I’m simply pointing out who Pat’s QB coaches are and it’s fucking obvious.

Sassy Squatch
01-11-2019, 10:22 AM
The point is, who’s coaching Mahomes on the bench when the defense is on the field?

Kafka and Reid.

I’m not saying Bieniemy doesn’t communicate with Pat at all, I’m simply pointing out who Pat’s QB coaches are and it’s fucking obvious.
Sure, but Bieniemy is sitting there soaking up what and how they communicate with him. Nothing like doing it yourself but that experience should help him when he's got his own QB to groom down the line.

staylor26
01-11-2019, 10:23 AM
Sure, but Bieniemy is sitting there soaking up what and how they communicate with him. Nothing like doing it yourself but that experience should help him when he's got his own QB to groom down the line.

Bieniemy is never going to be “the guy” developing a QB regardless of a HC job or not JFC

It’s not his expertise. Why the fuck are some of you so blind to this simple fact?

Sassy Squatch
01-11-2019, 10:28 AM
Bieniemy is never going to be “the guy” developing a QB regardless of a HC job or not JFC

It’s not his expertise. Why the fuck are some of you so blind to this simple fact?
No one is blind to it. He won't be the main guy developing his QB but he's going to have a hand in developing his QB, no matter how small it may be. This experience will prove valuable.

staylor26
01-11-2019, 10:30 AM
No one is blind to it. He won't be the main guy developing his QB but he's going to have a hand in developing his QB, no matter how small it may be. This experience will prove valuable.

He will have as much of a hand as any other HC that isn’t a former QB coach, which is very little.

HemiEd
01-11-2019, 10:50 AM
I just found that one where he left the scene of the accident funny. His excuse was basically "sorry, officers. I didn't know I couldn't do that."

I guess I must have missed that part. But most of what I read was just normal stupid shit a guy can get into growing up with temptations. I speak from experience. :D

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-11-2019, 10:53 AM
THANK GOD!

Our armchair head coaches can comfortably pinch a loaf after meals now.

saphojunkie
01-11-2019, 11:25 AM
Bienemy isn't ready to be a head coach. You have to be a CEO. It's a way of carrying yourself. He doesn't have that kind of personality or polish (yet?).

ChiefsFanatic
01-12-2019, 06:44 AM
On the bench? No, but he's standing right in front of them involved in the conversation sometimes.Maybe, because EB is the Offensive Coordinator, he is attending to the wide receivers, the running backs, the tight ends, and offensive line, because they are an important part of the offense too, and his Boss, the Head Coach, is already taking care of the QB in-game coaching.

There is also nothing that says EB doesn't discuss aspects of the QB play while Mahomes is on the field, like not reacting to a certain coverage or missing intermediate routes because he is too focused on the deep routes (those are just examples for the sake of examples) and when Mahomes comes to the sidelines, it's Reid who follows up with Mahomes, and EB addresses every other unit that makes up the offense.

It seems like some people are acting like EB just stands around and holds a play sheet so he can call the plays into Mahomes after Reid tells him what to call, and does NOTHING ELSE.

Being the OC is more than just dealing with the QB. And since Reid has a great deal of experience coaching QBs, and it is Reid's offensive system that the QB is running, it makes sense that EB would defer to Reid. But to assume EB has no input regarding QB play is an assumption that cannot be proven, or disproven because we do not have first hand knowledge of what EB and Reid discuss during the game.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Merrit
01-12-2019, 07:56 AM
He will have as much of a hand as any other HC that isn’t a former QB coach, which is very little.

Is that usually what happens? Not sure how I feel about this tbh.

WhiteWhale
01-12-2019, 09:22 AM
Bienemy isn't ready to be a head coach. You have to be a CEO. It's a way of carrying yourself. He doesn't have that kind of personality or polish (yet?).

I'm not saying you're right or wrong... but I AM saying you're speculating 100% and have no idea what he has or hasn't been preparing for.

Unless you worked closely with him or have some direct insider info.

wazu
01-12-2019, 09:25 AM

I'm not sure if he's ready or not. What I do know is I'd have a lot more confidence in him than I do in most of the clowns that NFL teams just got done hiring.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-12-2019, 09:29 AM
I'm not saying you're right or wrong... but I AM saying you're speculating 100% and have no idea what he has or hasn't been preparing for.

Unless you worked closely with him or have some direct insider info.

Wanna know something REALLY scary? Singletary went back to "coaching school" in hopes of having another shot one day.

Dr. Yu Weed Tard
01-12-2019, 01:12 PM
And how many black coaches get the chance to be OC's? It's easy to try and paper over the issues in the game. The fact is Kingsbury should be nowhere near an NFL job but hey, "he looks like Mcvay", so let's fire a guy who was lumbered with a garbage rookie QB and barely any offensive weapons and get a guy who's failed at the college level!!!..BRILLIANT LOGIC :rolleyes:.

Wasn't Kingsbury HC at TT when Mahomes was there?

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-12-2019, 01:56 PM
Wasn't Kingsbury HC at TT when Mahomes was there?

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL:clap::clap::clap:

Yes "n00b", yes he was.

Demonpenz
01-12-2019, 02:48 PM
You can't say asshole on the mic with no clout as a HC and be a HC.

htismaqe
01-12-2019, 02:52 PM
Zac Taylor? WTH?

Scorpion05
01-12-2019, 04:25 PM

Dude, in order to recognize biases, even unintentional ones you have to recognize patterns. The fact that they have no experience is very revealing. If anything Bienemy has more experience than they do. When it comes to race people are usually willing to look past experience, and that’s unfortunate. These hires would be considered “affirmative action” if these young inexperienced children(coaches) were black. Ditto for Mike Mayock and John Lynch. We can’t selectively choose to apply certain standards