PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The Entire Media was against us

chiefforlife
01-12-2019, 09:20 PM
Jesus, I thought I was missing something huge by the way the media was pimping the Colts this whole week.
I have NEVER in my life seen a #1 seed disrespected the way we were this week.
Honestly, I heard about Luck being the Best QB left in the playoffs. I heard the Colts O line was invincible, the best in the playoffs.
And the Colts D? Holy shit, no one could beat those guys. This was the most balanced, unbeatable team ever. The lowly Chiefs had no chance against the leagues HOTTEST Team.

Not one show said, wait a minute, this is the #1 Offense in the league with the MVP at QB, playing at home. We need to give this team the respect they deserve and not look at this as an automatic win for the Colts.
Not one show said, wait a minute, who have the Colts faced during their winning streak?
Sure there were some posts on here that stated that but not one NFL expert show considered any REAL statistics.
Disappointing for sure but hey we are used to being the overlooked underdogs. Fuck You Media!!!

I have thought since we made the playoffs, if we get through the first team, we go to the SuperBowl!!!

GO CHIEFS!!! We believe in you PMVP!!!

In58men
01-12-2019, 09:20 PM
Let them fucking hate!!!!

Double digits motherfuckers!!!!!!.

Pat doesn’t give a fuck about weather or your dumbass superstitions

smithandrew051
01-12-2019, 09:22 PM
It was all for intrigue. Typically, everyone would expect the 1 seed to roll the 6 seed. Impartial fans don’t want to see a blowout. They wanted to convince them that this would be competitive. The more I looked into it, the more confident I became that the Chiefs would roll.

Reerun_KC
All week long. Will be worse if the chargers make it out tomorrow

pugsnotdrugs19
Cannot wait to see Kyle Brandt in a fucking barrel Monday. He should also wear clown makeup.

CHIEFS

Naptown Chief
01-12-2019, 09:23 PM
I was getting pissed. I expected it all week but fuck man, I was relentless.

Fuck them. Un-Fuck you guys.

TwistedChief
01-12-2019, 09:23 PM
:clap: well said.

Stress level much higher than it should've been.

Was I missing something?
Are the Colts that good?
Are we a fraud?
Are we cursed?

No. No. No. No.

wazu
01-12-2019, 09:24 PM
To be fair, it followed a road beatdown by the Colts in the wild card round and the Chiefs needed to prove they could overcome their own history.

New world now.

DJay23
Simms and Lefkoe both picked the Chiefs to win, though they picked the Colts to cover.

Naptown Chief
Cannot wait to see Kyle Brandt in a fucking barrel Monday. He should also wear clown makeup.

CHIEFS

That smug piece of shit doesn't deserve to utter the words Kansas City or Chiefs. Fuck him and the speedballs he does before every show

Naptown Chief
01-12-2019, 09:25 PM
To be fair, it followed a road beatdown by the Colts in the wild card round and the Chiefs needed to prove they could overcome their own history.

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS' world now.

FYP

gold_and_red
01-12-2019, 09:26 PM
Jesus, I thought I was missing something huge by the way the media was pimping the Colts this whole week.
I have NEVER in my life seen a #1 seed disrespected the way we were this week.
Honestly, I heard about Luck being the Best QB left in the playoffs. I heard the Colts O line was invincible, the best in the playoffs.
And the Colts D? Holy shit, no one could beat those guys. This was the most balanced, unbeatable team ever. The lowly Chiefs had no chance against the leagues HOTTEST Team.

Not one show said, wait a minute, this is the #1 Offense in the league with the MVP at QB, playing at home. We need to give this team the respect they deserve and not look at this as an automatic win for the Colts.
Not one show said, wait a minute, who have the Colts faced during their winning streak?
Sure there were some posts on here that stated that but not one NFL expert show considered any REAL statistics.
Disappointing for sure but hey we are used to being the overlooked underdogs. **** You Media!!!

I have thought since we made the playoffs, if we get through the first team, we go to the SuperBowl!!!

GO CHIEFS!!! We believe in you PMVP!!!

Couldn't agree more! I am curious about this week's narrative now that King Kong is off our backs. I expect the media idiots to favor us slightly over the Pats but favor the Chargers or call it a tossup.

chiefforlife
01-12-2019, 09:26 PM

CHIEFS

Right! Fuck Him!!

Buehler445
01-12-2019, 09:27 PM
Simms and Lefkoe both picked the Chiefs to win, though they picked the Colts to cover.

Russillo and some Ringer guy picked KC. That’s really all I listen to. I just can’t handle the lowest common denominator bullshit programming that is pervasive within the industry.

DJay23
01-12-2019, 09:30 PM
Russillo and some Ringer guy picked KC. That’s really all I listen to. I just can’t handle the lowest common denominator bullshit programming that is pervasive within the industry.

I don't watch pregame shows. They are the equivalent of Entertainment Tonight for football. Sappy one note garbage.

Danguardace
01-12-2019, 09:31 PM
Who was that clown on NFL Network said he'd wear a barrel if Chiefs win

KC_Connection
01-12-2019, 09:31 PM
Mahomes doesn't care about the joke media.

Tribal Warfare
01-12-2019, 09:32 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">MAHOMES. <br>Ain’t afraid of no ghosts. <br>Congrats, <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Chiefs</a> fans. <a href="https://twitter.com/gmfb?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@gmfb</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadPride?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ArrowheadPride</a> <a href="https://t.co/bR02uv2o2a">pic.twitter.com/bR02uv2o2a</a></p>&mdash; Peter Schrager (@PSchrags) <a href="https://twitter.com/PSchrags/status/1084252561429942273?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 13, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DRM08
01-12-2019, 09:55 PM
I hope the media does the same thing again for the next 7 days. Judging by Mitchell Schwartz's comments after the game, the team is paying attention to this stuff and playing with a big chip on their shoulder. Extra motivation is never a bad thing.

RJ
01-12-2019, 10:05 PM
I turned the game on 5 minutes before kickoff. Nothing I need to learn from the pre-game guys, they just sell air time.

Rausch
01-12-2019, 10:07 PM
Of course they were.

[Prison talk] <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YPaz0p2dpEk?list=PL4D-XyPMbyjDBtmFo5BwIj-g3CjIspPiJ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

T-post Tom
01-12-2019, 10:24 PM
NFL Network was really bad this week. I hope someone pulls that barrel off Kyle Brant & punches him right in his pussy.

Funny thing...Prisco picked the Chiefs. :) Is he learning? Well...he also picked the Colts to cover. This Chiefs team seems to embrace the "underdog" role. So let the media trolling continue. :toast:

RealSNR
01-12-2019, 10:37 PM

CHIEFS

I also can't wait for the Chargers to lose tomorrow so what's-her-vagina finally shuts the fuck up about that overrated shitty team.

TinyEvel
01-12-2019, 10:40 PM
This all day. I turned off all media yesterday because of this. I do think the NFL has a job of trying to make the games seem balanced.

So glad it went the way it did today. Total domination on both sides of the ball.

Feels good.

Plus, didn't;t have to get all those "Sorry about the chiefs" texts.

RealSNR
01-12-2019, 10:42 PM
Ever look like a fucking dumbass on TV?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5yo8iR2q4JQ?start=113" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Naptown Chief
01-12-2019, 10:44 PM
I just can't believe that the refs let the secondary play. I can't honestly remember a game that I wasn't screaming at the TV because of at least 1 bogus call. There were a couple head scratchers today... the hold on Fisher, the hold that took away and Indy 20 yard run, that running into the kicker, etc, but nothing that shifted momentum or dictated the outcome

Naptown Chief
01-12-2019, 10:45 PM
Sorry. Was meant for the game day thread ^

Sannyasi
01-12-2019, 10:58 PM
The Colts received way too much love in the media. I can understand anyone who didn't want to pick us because of our defense, that's a perfectly reasonable take. However, you saw lots of media members picking Luck over Mahomes, which was a completely faith based proposition. Luck has never had a season as good as Mahomes is having now. Sure Luck is the big name and he was a no. 1 pick but that's not going to help him out on the football field.

It seemed as if a lot of media got bored with the "Mahomes is amazing" storyline, but they didn't seem to understand that the outcomes of the game wasn't going to change in order to make it more interesting for them.

Naptown Chief
01-12-2019, 11:04 PM
Seems they all based their opinions on the Colts beating 10 shitty teams, and losing to an even shittier team in that same span but I digress, alone.

Great o line? Look at the pass rushes they faced
Great D? Look at the offenses they faced
The Colts were the benefactors of a shit schedule. We could easily have gone 15-1 or 16-0

Texans too. Nobody in the AFC South deserved to be in the playoffs.

Wallcrawler
01-12-2019, 11:06 PM
Want respect? Win. End of story.

The Chiefs history, including monumental playoff collapses during Reid's tenure, in no way commanded respect. Even the Chiefs own fanbase was rife with doubters and hand wringers. Why would the media, with nothing vested, be more inclined to back them?

The Chiefs have now proven that with Mahomes, things truly arent same ol chiefs. Perhaps the narrative shifts in their favor a bit after taking the step that has been a stumbling block for so long.

Chris Meck
01-12-2019, 11:08 PM
shit, they're still non-believers. NFLN is all about, what happened to the Colts?

Here's what happened to the Colts-they got whipped. For once, the Chiefs played up to their ability in a home play-off game.

I was skeptical too, not because of facts, but because chiefs. But the CHIEFS showed up and kicked their ass.

And even now, we get Reid for 30 seconds, Mahomes for 15, and about two minutes of how the Colts shit themselves.

All good. Let's see after next week and we whoop Brady.

RunKC
01-12-2019, 11:12 PM
These dumbasses are talking about Indy playing bad and not being prepared. We apparently didn’t do shit, it was Indy puking on themself.

Fucking David Carr and Rod Woodson motherfuckers. Raiders suck you assholes

KChiefs1
01-12-2019, 11:26 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190113/d81471a8c5ad9399a025e7252b0b1ef2.jpg

KChiefs1
01-12-2019, 11:26 PM
I hope the media does the same thing again for the next 7 days. Judging by Mitchell Schwartz's comments after the game, the team is paying attention to this stuff and playing with a big chip on their shoulder. Extra motivation is never a bad thing.

Agreed

Eleazar
01-12-2019, 11:34 PM
Never understand why chiefs fans are always obsessed with how much “love” they are getting or not getting from media goobers

ChiefsCountry
01-12-2019, 11:36 PM
ESPN this morning all of them went to the Chiefs expect Hasselback I believe.

Red Dawg
01-12-2019, 11:37 PM
Cannot wait to see Kyle Brandt in a ****ing barrel Monday. He should also wear clown makeup.

CHIEFS

No shit. He said 100 percent we would lose.

-King-
01-12-2019, 11:38 PM
Never understand why chiefs fans are always obsessed with how much “love” they are getting or not getting from media goobers

This.

PHOG
01-12-2019, 11:44 PM
This.
That

RealSNR
01-13-2019, 12:02 AM
This.

So much for that epic Mahomes/Watson rivalry you've been touting as such a wonderful and great thing, eh?

Hammock Parties
01-13-2019, 12:05 AM
Fuckin' Tony Dongy

That fuckin' benedict fucking arnold

bad enough that he betrayed this franchise by hitching his wagon to Manning

now that fuck picks against us

hope you choke on your Q39 next time dongy

Halfcan
01-13-2019, 12:07 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190113/d81471a8c5ad9399a025e7252b0b1ef2.jpg

Tony Grungy was an average coach and is a horrible announcer. He is a Chiefs hater.

They look like idiots now.

I kept saying- how do they expect the Colts D. to stop the #1 Offense after not practicing much all week. Half their D. was on the DNP list. :rolleyes:

Keep picking against us assholes!

Bump
01-13-2019, 01:07 AM
well I don't watch any of these shows, so they gave us no respect huh? Well don't they look stupid now.

Oh Snap
01-13-2019, 04:05 AM
The media was really bad. You would have thought the Colts were the best team because they were riding a 10 game win streak...or whatever. Someone forgot to tell them that the colts had the second easiest schedule in the NFL. They beat up on a bunch of shitty teams that made them look better than they were.

The Chiefs played one of the toughest schedules in the league and were in every game they played this season. I knew we were going to ball and had a chance to win. I just didnt think it would have been as thorough of an ass kicking as it was. Lets hope the Chargers and Patriots beat the absolute shit outta each other tomorrow!

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2019, 05:30 AM

New world now.

Exactly. If you want to be respected, you have to WIN that first PO game of the year, every time for a good long time.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2019, 05:32 AM

Because being the underdog that continually get's it's ass whipped and proves the point sucks?

seamonster
01-13-2019, 08:08 AM
The media coverage was a joke. Aggregate and add up all the buzzwords and it was "HOT TEAM WITH STOUT DEFENSE vs ONE READ QUARTERBACK ON CHOKER TEAM WITH EMBARRASSING DEFENSE". Felt forced and agenda-driven. But why? Mahomes is a way better future investment for the league than Luck.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2019, 08:13 AM
The media coverage was a joke. Aggregate and add up all the buzzwords and it was "HOT TEAM WITH STOUT DEFENSE vs ONE READ QUARTERBACK ON CHOKER TEAM WITH EMBARRASSING DEFENSE". Felt forced and agenda-driven. But why? Mahomes is a way better future investment for the league than Luck.

You can't just come out and TELL Indy and their fans that they are completely insignificant, you have to SELL that false hope!

dirk digler
01-13-2019, 08:16 AM
It will be worse this week no matter who we play

Molitoth
01-13-2019, 08:19 AM
Honestly with the Chiefs history, the Chiefs didn't deserve any respect.

Now things change.

FringeNC
01-13-2019, 08:19 AM
As bad as our D has been, haven't we had leads well into every single game this year? Taking us out is no small task, especially at home. I doubt many in the media actually realize how close all of our loses were -- the idea that Indy would be the one team to beat us decisively all year was a little far-fetched.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2019, 08:22 AM
It will be worse this week no matter who we play

Will be MUCH worse if New England, I guarantee thee.

mdchiefsfan
01-13-2019, 08:49 AM
The Colts received way too much love in the media. I can understand anyone who didn't want to pick us because of our defense, that's a perfectly reasonable take. However, you saw lots of media members picking Luck over Mahomes, which was a completely faith based proposition. Luck has never had a season as good as Mahomes is having now. Sure Luck is the big name and he was a no. 1 pick but that's not going to help him out on the football field.

It seemed as if a lot of media got bored with the "Mahomes is amazing" storyline, but they didn't seem to understand that the outcomes of the game wasn't going to change in order to make it more interesting for them.

The media never failed to point out the Chiefs’ weak schedule when it allowed us a cameo in past playoffs. They leaned on the historical trends of Chiefs, Reid, and Chiefs v. Colts to make their decision.

It’s truly fascinating to see them make their bids for Mohomes as MVP, yet fault to consider what impact he would have on all of those historical trends.

What a beautiful morning it is to sit comfortably, and see who the Chiefs will be playing next week.

Naptown Chief
01-13-2019, 10:25 AM
The media never failed to point out the Chiefs’ weak schedule when it allowed us a cameo in past playoffs. They leaned on the historical trends of Chiefs, Reid, and Chiefs v. Colts to make their decision.

It’s truly fascinating to see them make their bids for Mohomes as MVP, yet fault to consider what impact he would have on all of those historical trends.

What a beautiful morning it is to sit comfortably, and see who the Chiefs will be playing next week.

At first I hated the idea of the Saturday game. Today I'm loving it. We get to sit back and watch two teams, either of which beatable, going at it... Fighting for the chance to play us at home. Extra day of rest for the guys too

OlineDline
01-13-2019, 10:30 AM
Ridiculous. The Chiefs are rightfully the #1 team. The pundits HAVE to sell both teams, that's their job. At the end of the day, they always end with "but the Chiefs just have too many weapons".

The Chiefs will be overwhelming favorites again next week and the mediots will pimp the other team, knowing full well that the Chiefs are heavy favorites.

Fat Elvis
01-13-2019, 11:06 AM
I think a lot of you really live with a victim mentality.

The media wasn't nearly as biased as so many of you would like to think. For example, you focus on the three pre-game pundits who chose the Colts to win, but completely and totally ignore the other three pundits who chose the Chiefs.

What I found odd is that the most "wild, out there" playoff prediction for the Chiefs/Colts game--which a writer said in all probability won't come true, actually came true: That prediction was that Mahomes wouldn't throw a TD pass in the Chiefs/Colts game.

You cherry pick snippets so that you can feel like martyrs.

I really don't understand that mentality.

Mecca
01-13-2019, 11:08 AM

The media wasn't nearly as biased as so many of you would like to think. For example, you focus on the three pre-game pundits who chose the Colts to win, but completely and totally ignore the other three pundits who chose the Chiefs.

What I found odd is that the most "wild, out there" playoff prediction for the Chiefs/Colts game--which a writer said in all probability won't come true, actually came true: That prediction was that Mahomes wouldn't throw a TD pass in the Chiefs/Colts game.

I think it's who it's from...the big time talking heads picked the Colts, where guys like Simms and Lefkoe didn't but how many people take the time to listen to that podcast?

chiefzilla1501
01-13-2019, 11:17 AM
I shit you not, nfl network game day morning with mooch, Warner, and irvin did a 10 minute segment on Saturday takeaways to open the show and they spent about 9 of those minutes talking about the Rams and cowboys.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2019, 11:22 AM
I shit you not, nfl network game day morning with mooch, Warner, and irvin did a 10 minute segment on Saturday takeaways to open the show and they spent about 9 of those minutes talking about the Rams and cowboys.

Well, you have a coach, a Ram, and a Cowboy. What did you THINK they were going to talk about? :)

Imon Yourside
01-13-2019, 11:24 AM

Not true I would say 90% of the media has been the Chiefs will get murdered. I made the rounds and posted stats to bring them from the ether and they shouted me down like a messenger to the king bearing bad news. So at least you got the martyr part correct. :)

WilliamTheIrish
01-13-2019, 11:24 AM

Same thing happened in the Royals 2014 and 2015 seasons.

you have to be a total pussy to start a thread about this. We won FFS.

Imon Yourside
01-13-2019, 11:28 AM

You and the colts fans take this shit way too seriously, it's fun to play the troll game but also fun to collect on your payment due. Beats the shit out of pro wrestling at the end of the day at least it offers up a real game being played by professional athletes.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2019, 11:36 AM
There's no doubt whatsoever that the Chiefs prior to Mahomes have been disrespected by the media at large. BUT, it's a disrespect WELL EARNED.

Standing around in the snow with your "Schottenheimer" in your hand while your ass gets repeatedly whipped every time you are given a chance to perform, isn't going to earn the respect of any media pundit in the last 30 years.

Now, with a legit QB who can win in the post season, perhaps that narrative will begin to change. Winning a SB would of course go a long way to making that change a reality, but you have to get it done first.

Fuck, how much respect do the Bills get? They've certainly been to more Super Bowls than KC, but no one remembers a loser except to laugh at.

RINGLEADER
01-13-2019, 11:42 AM
I think the media “experts” had a bigger issue with the post-season success than the Chiefs did.

That said, I have no doubt they will pick whoever wins today to win next week.

mlyonsd
01-13-2019, 11:45 AM
We woke up today in a completely new era for chief fans. We have the best QB in football and could be set for a 15+ year ride.

Just let everyone vent in their own way.

RavensFanStuckInPA
01-13-2019, 12:15 PM
Ravens fan here - I have always had a soft spot for KC and Big Red. Anyway thank you for crushing those pricks yesterday. Now if you could destroy the Chargers or the Patriots next weekend. That would be the icing on the cake.

Fish
01-13-2019, 12:23 PM
https://i.imgur.com/zDtRjMw.gif

-King-
01-13-2019, 12:26 PM
So much for that epic Mahomes/Watson rivalry you've been touting as such a wonderful and great thing, eh?

Yeah, with both of their careers winding down, I don't think we're going to see them go against each other much anymore

MahiMike
01-13-2019, 12:26 PM
Just keep winning til they get on board. 15+ more years of Mahomes magic.

chiefzilla1501
01-13-2019, 12:30 PM

They take it seriously for a few weeks. They want to have you believe we should feel sorry for them because they had qb issues for what, 3 of the last 20 years?

Naptown Chief
01-13-2019, 12:31 PM
Yeah, with both of their careers winding down, I don't think we're going to see them go against each other much anymore

ROFL

KChiefs1
01-13-2019, 12:31 PM
Will be MUCH worse if New England, I guarantee thee.

Good. That’s one of the many reasons to root for the Patriots.

RealSNR
01-13-2019, 12:35 PM

You know damn well what I mean you buttfucking idiot.

Watson sucks dildos. His receivers can't stay in their primes forever, either. They're going to wind down.

Whenever we do play the Texans, it's going to be just another day at the office for Mahomes, like he's facing off against Case Keenum or Andy Dalton.

Mahomes' career arrow is pointing up up up. Deshaun Watson is not going to be CLOSE to comparable. You'll have to look someplace else for a QB rivalry. It ain't in Houston.

chiefzilla1501
01-13-2019, 12:38 PM
You know damn well what I mean you butt****ing idiot.

Watson sucks dildos. His receivers can't stay in their primes forever, either. They're going to wind down.

Whenever we do play the Texans, it's going to be just another day at the office for Mahomes, like he's facing off against Case Keenum or Andy Dalton.

Mahomes' career arrow is pointing up up up. Deshaun Watson is not going to be CLOSE to comparable. You'll have to look someplace else for a QB rivalry. It ain't in Houston.

It's going to be baker Mayfield. And that's going to be fun as hell to watch. Watson doesn't bother me.

-King-
01-13-2019, 12:46 PM
You know damn well what I mean you buttfucking idiot.

Watson just had just Watkins all season basically. Fuller and Thomas were injured a lot of it.

Mahomes being so great doesn't make Watson suck so I don't know why you even brought him up. I don't get it.

chiefforlife
01-13-2019, 12:53 PM
Watson was throwing dirt balls all last week. He had open guys and missed them quite a bit. He doesnt impress me at all.
His greatest success is throwing jump balls that Hopkins usually bails him out on.

-King-
01-13-2019, 12:57 PM
Watson was throwing dirt balls all last week. He had open guys and missed them quite a bit. He doesnt impress me at all.
His greatest success is throwing jump balls that Hopkins usually bails him out on.

Seems like a good game plan. I guess that's why Hopkins had 120 receptions on 173 targets. Why wouldn't Watson keep throwing those jump balls with those results.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2019, 01:10 PM
It's going to be baker Mayfield. And that's going to be fun as hell to watch. Watson doesn't bother me.

This. SO MUCH THIS. And the fact that he's a fucking s00ner douche makes it ALL THE MORE SWEET every time Mahomes kicks his fucking ass.

RealSNR
01-13-2019, 01:13 PM
Watson just had just Watkins all season basically. Fuller and Thomas were injured a lot of it.

Mahomes being so great doesn't make Watson suck so I don't know why you even brought him up. I don't get it.

1. Low throwing velocity. Weak fucking arm.
2. Skittish tendencies in the pocket.
3. Brittle frame.
4. Slow learner + inexperience in pro style concepts.

Compare these shortcomings of Watson. They're the EXACT FUCKING OPPOSITE of Mahomes.

Yes, Mahomes being so great DOES make Watson suck, because Mahomes is LIGHTYEARS ahead of Watson. He's smarter, stronger, sturdier, more natural, more talented, more accurate.... just about everything. And you know what? He's more clutch, too. What the fuck has Deshaun Watson ever done in his pro career? Mahomes is 1 for 1 in his playoff games and has a league MVP.

Remember when you were all, "I think it's great that there will be a rivalry between Mahomes and Watson for years to come!" It's not going to happen because any and all matchups between these QBs will be dominated by Mahomes.

That's not a rivalry. That's just scheduling between the best QB in the NFL and a bottom 15 NFL QB.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2019, 01:15 PM
Why are we even talking about this non-factor with piss-poor leadership qualities? If I want a QB that throws his O-line or team under the bus, I'll go dig up 5-head and give him an HGH lollipop.

RealSNR
01-13-2019, 01:19 PM
Why are we even talking about this non-factor with piss-poor leadership qualities? If I want a QB that throws his O-line or team under the bus, I'll go dig up 5-head and give him an HGH lollipop.

Completely forgot about his horrendous leadership qualities.

"It's easy to be an angel in paradise." That's exactly what he was at Clemson.

He gets to the NFL and has a pretty damn good team around him. Encounters a little bit of adversity like a playoff loss and he behaves like a dweeb.

Mahomes has more character, heart, and team leadership in a single pube on his scrotum than Watson does in his entire body.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2019, 01:26 PM

He gets to the NFL and has a pretty damn good team around him. Encounters a little bit of adversity like a playoff loss and he behaves like a dweeb.

Mahomes has more character, heart, and team leadership in a single pube on his scrotum than Watson does in his entire body.

LMAO

I thank god every day we didn't get that kid. Would have been HORRIBLE for this franchise.

Spott
01-13-2019, 01:43 PM
Be ready, because we going get the same, if not worse treatment by the media next week against New England. We’re also about to get another influx of shit-talking trolls infesting this place with Dolphin rape.

RINGLEADER
01-13-2019, 01:54 PM
Chargers are so lucky Hunter Henry is active today.

That match-up he had with Derrick Johnson at the game this year in Arrowhead proved to be a difference maker...

RealSNR
Patriots fans live and post here all the time. There might be new trolls that sign up, but whatever. I'm used to them.

RINGLEADER
Be ready, because we going get the same, if not worse treatment by the media next week against New England. We’re also about to get another influx of shit-talking trolls infesting this place with Dolphin rape.

And if the end result is the same who cares what the media thinks/says...

F 'em...

kysirsoze
01-13-2019, 02:00 PM
Just wait until they're swinging from Brady's nuts all week. It's going to be shameful.

FDrumpf
01-13-2019, 02:10 PM

Jesus shut the fuck up

notorious
01-13-2019, 02:12 PM
Uh-oh

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2019, 02:13 PM
Uh-oh

Well, this should be interesting...

Naptown Chief
01-13-2019, 02:19 PM
Jesus shut the fuck up

Are you telling Jesus to shut up? Lawd have mercy

seamonster
01-13-2019, 02:23 PM
I have respect for the people pretending there wasn't a colts-media love fest. To shut yourself off into a cave of solitude and ignore morons is a quality.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahA2DfpKeOc">The boneheads of ESPN think the colts have the 88 Redskins offensive line. The Chiefs defense is the worst in existence. One fool even went so far as to say the colts had more talent. WTF?</a>

<a href="https://www.colts.com/video/nfln-which-qb-would-you-rather-have-this-week-andrew-luck-or-patrick-mahomes">The NFL Network either thinks Luck is better than Mohomes or the Colts will run away with the game. This is delusional</a>

<a href="https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/video/danny-kanell-gives-his-pick-for-the-colts-chiefs-matchup/">CBS thinks the Chiefs defense is historically bad. No talk of schedule is brought up here.</a>

This is all bullcrap and is how the Chiefs were covered nationally.

kcclone
01-13-2019, 02:26 PM

I sure hope the national media picks the Patriots 100%. Our guys can keep playing with a chip on their shoulder which is what is needed to beat them.

RealSNR
01-13-2019, 02:40 PM
Jesus shut the fuck up

You don't seem nice.

You DO seem to be not raped, though.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2019, 02:41 PM
Release the dolphins!

Spott
01-13-2019, 02:43 PM
I sure hope the national media picks the Patriots 100%. Our guys can keep playing with a chip on their shoulder which is what is needed to beat them.

I don’t mind the media part. Pretty much used to it and almost prefer to be considered the underdogs.

tk13
01-13-2019, 02:49 PM

I don't think that's going to happen though. I'm sure we're going to hear about how Brady isn't the same guy on the road, the Patriots haven't won a road playoff game in a decade. Brady passing the torch to Mahomes, etc, etc. The Patriots were playing at home with a bye and all the talk this week was about how the Chargers were the more complete team.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
01-13-2019, 02:53 PM
I recall a lot of media people talking Patriot burnout last year. A lot

WilliamTheIrish
01-13-2019, 02:54 PM
I have respect for the people pretending there wasn't a colts-media love fest. To shut yourself off into a cave of solitude and ignore morons is a quality.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahA2DfpKeOc">The boneheads of ESPN think the colts have the 88 Redskins offensive line. The Chiefs defense is the worst in existence. One fool even went so far as to say the colts had more talent. WTF?</a>

<a href="https://www.colts.com/video/nfln-which-qb-would-you-rather-have-this-week-andrew-luck-or-patrick-mahomes">The NFL Network either thinks Luck is better than Mohomes or the Colts will run away with the game. This is delusional</a>

<a href="https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/video/danny-kanell-gives-his-pick-for-the-colts-chiefs-matchup/">CBS thinks the Chiefs defense is historically bad. No talk of schedule is brought up here.</a>

This is all bullcrap and is how the Chiefs were covered nationally.

Scientific research has proven that the female vagina has over 800k nerves, yet I've never seen anybody as sensitive and triggered as the fans who claim that "the media is against us".

Pussies, the entire lot of you.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2019, 02:56 PM
Scientific research has proven that the female vagina has over 800k nerves, yet I've never seen anybody as sensitive and triggered as the fans who claim that "the media is against us".

And how many nerves does the non-female vagina have?

WilliamTheIrish
01-13-2019, 02:57 PM

Ask the conspiracy theorist.

WilliamTheIrish
01-13-2019, 02:58 PM

Also: you got me. LMAO

Spott
01-13-2019, 02:58 PM
One good thing about next week is literally everyone outside the state of Massachusetts will be rooting for us.

Frazod
01-13-2019, 03:00 PM
One good thing about next week is literally everyone outside the state of Massachusetts will be rooting for us.

Don't forget their bandwagon douches.

DRM08
Media will be all in on the Patriots. Hopefully it helps motivate the Chiefs players.

seamonster

I'm a redskins fan. You'd be disturbed to know the level of shit that wouldn't trigger me.

WilliamTheIrish
01-13-2019, 03:02 PM
I'm a redskins fan. You'd be disturbed to know the level of shit that wouldn't trigger me.

I've read your post here and in DC. "Level of shit" is an apt description.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2019, 03:03 PM
Ask the conspiracy theorist.

Teams that don't win playoff games regularly generally don't get the benefit of the doubt, and if you're not observing every nuance of the Chiefs it's highly unlikely that any talking head is going to be singing their praises much less picking them to win a game.
Does that mean the media is against them or disrespectful? Not really. That said, there DOES exist some former player bias who have become talking heads against KC from time to time, but all you can do is win games and make them eat shit.

-King-
01-13-2019, 03:06 PM
1. Low throwing velocity. Weak fucking arm.
2. Skittish tendencies in the pocket.
3. Brittle frame.
4. Slow learner + inexperience in pro style concepts.

Compare these shortcomings of Watson. They're the EXACT FUCKING OPPOSITE of Mahomes.

Yes, Mahomes being so great DOES make Watson suck, because Mahomes is LIGHTYEARS ahead of Watson. He's smarter, stronger, sturdier, more natural, more talented, more accurate.... just about everything. And you know what? He's more clutch, too. What the fuck has Deshaun Watson ever done in his pro career? Mahomes is 1 for 1 in his playoff games and has a league MVP.

Remember when you were all, "I think it's great that there will be a rivalry between Mahomes and Watson for years to come!" It's not going to happen because any and all matchups between these QBs will be dominated by Mahomes.

That's not a rivalry. That's just scheduling between the best QB in the NFL and a bottom 15 NFL QB.

Sure. Watson is a top 10 QB. But Mahomes is the #1 QB. I thought they would be closer in play but Mahomes is much better than I thought and much better than anyone else in tbe league.

And I still think a QB rivalry is cool. If it's with Watson, Luck, Mayfield, etc I don't care.

seamonster
01-13-2019, 03:07 PM
I've read your post here and in DC. "Level of shit" is an apt description.

Whoa glad to see that I made a lasting impression on a guy that install tail-pipes in Augusta Ks. That's about the best you can hope for in the DC forum.

WilliamTheIrish
01-13-2019, 03:08 PM
Teams that don't win playoff games regularly generally don't get the benefit of the doubt, and if you're not observing every nuance of the Chiefs it's highly unlikely that any talking head is going to be singing their praises much less picking them to win a game.
Does that mean the media is against them or disrespectful? Not really. That said, there DOES exist some former player bias who have become talking heads against KC from time to time, but all you can do is win games and make them eat shit.

Could have stopped right there.

but all you can do is win games and make them eat shit.

And the Chiefs finally did that.

WilliamTheIrish
01-13-2019, 03:11 PM
Whoa glad to see that I made a lasting impression on a guy that install tail-pipes in Augusta Ks. That's about the best you can hope for in the DC forum.

Yea, generally when I see a completely whacked out poster, I'll remember. Must be incredible to somebody who see shadows in their fecal material.

"The Pats are doping"!!

LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2019, 03:12 PM
Could have stopped right there.

And the Chiefs finally did that.

That was more for the other folks benefit.

And yes. Yes they did!

Bearcat
01-13-2019, 03:17 PM
Chiefs fans have always been overly sensitive to media coverage, wanting respect before it's earned.

Obviously, they earned some last night for the first time since 1993.

RealSNR
01-13-2019, 03:21 PM
Sure. Watson is a top 10 QB.

In what universe?

I'd rather have these QBs over Watson:

1. Mahomes
2. Rodgers
3. Wilson
4. Brady
5. Luck
6. Brees
7. Stafford
8. Rivers
9. Prescott
10. Goff
11. Wentz
12. Foles
13. Ryan
14. Cousins
15. Carr
16. Newton
17. (pre-injury) Alex Smith

And if it's all about potential and what he'll do in the future, I'd rather have THESE guys as well:

1. Mayfield
2. Garappolo
3. Rosen
4. Darnold

He beats out all the deadbeats like Dalton, Tannehill, Mariota, Trubisky, and Winston. And he beats out the washed up brokedick geezers like Flacco and Eli Manning. And I'll take him over the potential-oozing-but-just-never-will-put-it-together types like Jackson and Allen.

seamonster
01-13-2019, 03:27 PM
Yea, generally when I see a completely whacked out poster, I'll remember. Must be incredible to somebody who see shadows in their fecal material.

"The Pats are doping"!!

LMAO

Are you like the ****ing ChiefsLounge rainman here? I honestly didn't know you existed yet you've got me bookmarked in your amigdula. LMAO. I see a lot of "whaked out" people on this PHP forum but I ain't "remembering" them in a sports forum. That's skin-suite level weird man.

Valiant
01-13-2019, 04:02 PM
Not true I would say 90% of the media has been the Chiefs will get murdered. I made the rounds and posted stats to bring them from the ether and they shouted me down like a messenger to the king bearing bad news. So at least you got the martyr part correct. :)

The pregame was 50 50 on the picks.

I think we we're focusing on the naysayers.

Naptown Chief
01-13-2019, 04:08 PM
There was a lot of Chiefs hate but how much of it was "in-house?" Even the douches that are supposed to pimp us we're spewing vaginal discharge all week. The networks were closer to 50-50, but maybe slightly leaning towards the Colts. It really did seem, though, as if they were really hammering in how awesome the Colts were/how hard it would be for us more than they did bring up how we were a couple defensive stops away from going 16-0.

They pundits focus too much on stats and what have you done for me lately rather than actually doing research. If I was as shitty as these people are at my job I wouldn't have one.

Regardless, we won. On to hosting the Pats

ct
01-13-2019, 04:16 PM
we chiefs fans are not accustomed to our team being the talk of the league all yr.

everyone else is seriously sick and tired of hearing about the chiefs, so it was time for the overcorrection. all wk long they flipped their script to the other side.

and wasn’t it glorious to see our chiefs shut those muthas up!!!

King_Chief_Fan
01-13-2019, 04:17 PM
Chiefs are the Donald Trump of the NFL when it comes to the media

TinyEvel
01-13-2019, 04:30 PM
Next weekend's games are the wet dream of the NFL. Assume NO wins tonight.

Nest week it's

AFC:

Run-Up to the game:
Chiefs for the first AFCGG in 25 years. Pats, their 6th consecutive. Who will win?
Brady vs. Mahomes.
Chiefs Defense showed up against IND. Are they for real?
Reid vs. Bellichick.
Etc. etc.
WAY more media-frothy than any other combo. Likely to be a high-scoring game.

If we win:
Golden boy Mahomes ushers in the new Dynasty, takes baton from Brady.

If we lose: Experience beats heart. Mahomes will be great for years to come, but nothing can stop a hot Pats team.

A Rams/Saints NFCCG will have all similar tones, replace Brady with Brees, Mahomes with Goff, etc.

SUPERBOWL:

Mahomes vs Brees: The Battle of the MVPQBs.

MAHOMES vs GOFF: The battle of the next generation of superstars.

Brady vs Brees: The Battle of the Veterans.

Brady vs. Goff: The vet versus the new thing.

Every outcome is a top marketable story.
Even if the Eagles win..

Pats Vs Eagles: Brady's revenge.
Chiefs Eagles: Meh.

the NFL is an ENTERTAINMENT PROPERTY. This stuff is what they dream of. A guy like Mahomes makes kids want to play the game, keeps the human body supply high, sells merchandise, tickets, ad space. etc. Every hi light clip on nfl.com you have to watch and ad first. More hi lights, more $$ charged to advertisers.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2019, 04:55 PM
Next weekend's games are the wet dream of the NFL. Assume NO wins tonight.

Nest week it's

AFC:

Run-Up to the game:
Chiefs for the first AFCGG in 25 years. Pats, their 6th consecutive. Who will win?
Brady vs. Mahomes.
Chiefs Defense showed up against IND. Are they for real?
Reid vs. Bellichick.
Etc. etc.
WAY more media-frothy than any other combo. Likely to be a high-scoring game.

If we win:
Golden boy Mahomes ushers in the new Dynasty, takes baton from Brady.

If we lose: Experience beats heart. Mahomes will be great for years to come, but nothing can stop a hot Pats team.

A Rams/Saints NFCCG will have all similar tones, replace Brady with Brees, Mahomes with Goff, etc.

SUPERBOWL:

Mahomes vs Brees: The Battle of the MVPQBs.

MAHOMES vs GOFF: The battle of the next generation of superstars.

Brady vs Brees: The Battle of the Veterans.

Brady vs. Goff: The vet versus the new thing.

Every outcome is a top marketable story.
Even if the Eagles win..

Pats Vs Eagles: Brady's revenge.
Chiefs Eagles: Meh.

the NFL is an ENTERTAINMENT PROPERTY. This stuff is what they dream of. A guy like Mahomes makes kids want to play the game, keeps the human body supply high, sells merchandise, tickets, ad space. etc. Every hi light clip on nfl.com you have to watch and ad first. More hi lights, more $$ charged to advertisers.

Exactly.

Chiefspants
01-13-2019, 05:43 PM
No way would Chiefs-Eagles be meh with the Eagles trying to repeat with Andy’s protege and Andy’s connection with Philly.

SAUTO
01-13-2019, 08:00 PM
There's no doubt whatsoever that the Chiefs prior to Mahomes have been disrespected by the media at large. BUT, it's a disrespect WELL EARNED.

Standing around in the snow with your "Schottenheimer" in your hand while your ass gets repeatedly whipped every time you are given a chance to perform, isn't going to earn the respect of any media pundit in the last 30 years.

Now, with a legit QB who can win in the post season, perhaps that narrative will begin to change. Winning a SB would of course go a long way to making that change a reality, but you have to get it done first.

Fuck, how much respect do the Bills get? They've certainly been to more Super Bowls than KC, but no one remembers a loser except to laugh at.
The Bills went to super bowls over 20 years ago. WTF are you talking about them for?

CupidStunt
01-13-2019, 08:03 PM
People want Chiefs-Saints. The real MVP vs the fake MVP. No one wants to see the Pats again, and no one cares about the Rams.