PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Bears are interested in Kareem Hunt

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-14-2019, 02:53 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Neither Pace nor Nagy slammed the door shut on the possibility that the Bears might eventually consider signing RB Kareem Hunt. To be clear, they&#39;re nowhere even close to that at this stage. But the tone of today&#39;s Q and A left the door wide open to that possibility.</p>&mdash; Dan Wiederer (@danwiederer) <a href="https://twitter.com/danwiederer/status/1084895505463824386?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 14, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nagy says he talked to Kareem Hunt last week. Nothing about football but checking in to see how he&#39;s doing. <br><br>When asked if he deserves a second chance &quot;That&#39;s not for me to decide&quot;. He did say that he&#39;s been raised to give people second chances. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bears?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bears</a></p>&mdash; Aaron Leming (@AaronLemingNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/AaronLemingNFL/status/1084890257764409344?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 14, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Pace &amp; Nagy not exactly shutting the door on the idea of signing Kareem Hunt at some point.<br><br>Interesting — they&#39;ve emphasized that he needs to address off-field issues first<br><br>Nagy said he talked with Hunt &quot;about a week ago.&quot;</p>&mdash; Eric Edholm (@Eric_Edholm) <a href="https://twitter.com/Eric_Edholm/status/1084889757707128832?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 14, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Marcellus
01-14-2019, 02:54 PM
Of course they are, along with 29 or so other teams.

In58men
01-14-2019, 02:55 PM
Different system, he won’t succeed.

TLO
Good for him/them. Hope he gets a second chance somewhere.

eDave
This is Andy trying to pave a way back for him.

T-post Tom
01-14-2019, 02:57 PM
Going to be a lot of interest once he's cleared to play. May end up making more money in the long term by sitting out. (Was going to make $388K in 2019.)

wazu
01-14-2019, 02:59 PM
Would welcome it being the Bears. An NFC team already kinda stacked at RB.

The Franchise
01-14-2019, 03:01 PM
No one is going to do shit until his suspension is handed down.

Hoover
01-14-2019, 03:01 PM
Sends an odd message to Cohen and Howard

FloridaMan88
01-14-2019, 03:02 PM
Chiefs play at Chicago next season.

Rasputin
01-14-2019, 03:03 PM
Go to the NFC i don't give a fuck.

I hope his brain waves get corrected but he is a piece of shit and he needs some serious counseling and repercussions of his actions not just getting cut or suspended.

scho63
01-14-2019, 03:07 PM
Not sure how the NFLPA isn't fighting for a suspension decision.

If he is put on the exempt list and stays there, it is like he was banned and the harshest punishment of any player ever.

If he is suspended for 2019, that would be nearly 18 months or 24 games.

That's crazy and unjust.

ChiliConCarnage
01-14-2019, 03:18 PM

Howards in the last year of his rookie deal upcoming and it seemed like they went away from him throughout the year.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-14-2019, 03:26 PM
Bears would be wise. Trubisky needs all the support he can get.

They play the Chiefs next year...

Reerun_KC
01-14-2019, 03:33 PM
He’s served his time. He should be blue to come back to any team he wants. Game 1 next season.

Imon Yourside
01-14-2019, 03:34 PM
Chiefs play at Chicago next season.

Oh are you sure it's AT Chicago?

King_Chief_Fan
01-14-2019, 03:35 PM
Not sure how the NFLPA isn't fighting for a suspension decision.

If he is put on the exempt list and stays there, it is like he was banned and the harshest punishment of any player ever.

If he is suspended for 2019, that would be nearly 18 months or 24 games.

That's crazy and unjust.

True...it should be longer

chiefzilla1501
01-14-2019, 03:41 PM
He’s served his time. He should be blue to come back to any team he wants. Game 1 next season.

For kareems sake, yes. For the Chiefs sake... I think Goodell knows Chunt took a bullet for the NFL. As a chiefs fan I'll be happy for the man but pissed at the situation that would allow him in an nfl uniform early next season. Part of the reassurance was that we cut him because we expected him to be suspended well into next season.

JakeF
01-14-2019, 03:46 PM
Hunt is going to make out like a bandit on this whole deal. Instead of spending 4 years running on a cheap rookie deal he is going to hit the regular FA market and get paid big. Nagy knows all about what Hunt can and can't do the Bears along with multiple other teams are going to be after Hunt.

The only way he gets screwed is if the league leaves him on the Commissioner's exception for another year.

CoMoChief
01-14-2019, 04:11 PM
Go to the NFC i don't give a fuck.

I hope his brain waves get corrected but he is a piece of shit and he needs some serious counseling and repercussions of his actions not just getting cut or suspended.

He's just your typical NFL thug. Not to branch out into a DC discussion, but there's a huge problem with the black youth in this country and how they treat women.

Not sure why everyone's surprised...just imagine what we don't hear about. Teams and NFL have security officials (filter/gate keepers) that make sure much of this shit doesn't get out. It's a lot harder these days w/ all of the cameras, social media etc.

It wasn't til the video being released that we learned of 3 other incidents. And then he claims "He wasn't raised like that". ROFL

Well, in fact...he actually WAS raised like that if you look at his father's criminal history.

notorious
01-14-2019, 04:18 PM
Fuck him.

Hoover
01-14-2019, 04:20 PM
If I'm Hunt I'd be afraid of going to an offense thats not like the Chiefs, so the Eagles and Bears make the most sense.

JakeF
01-14-2019, 04:22 PM
Hunt will regain every cent he lost during his suspension this year x10 under his new contract. He just had a vacation this year, less wear and tear on his body.

Maybe this will start a new trend for NFL players. If you are really good while still on your rookie deal, you can just screw up enough to get cut so you can hit free agency.

Kiimo
01-14-2019, 04:25 PM

The message they are sending Howard is the same message I sent fictitious him on my fantasy team.

You ****ing suck.

He's just your typical NFL thug. Not to branch out into a DC discussion, but there's a huge problem with the black youth in this country and how they treat women.

Not sure why everyone's surprised...just imagine what we don't hear about. Teams and NFL have security officials (filter/gate keepers) that make sure much of this shit doesn't get out. It's a lot harder these days w/ all of the cameras, social media etc.

It wasn't til the video being released that we learned of 3 other incidents. And then he claims "He wasn't raised like that". ROFL

Well, in fact...he actually WAS raised like that if you look at his father's criminal history.

Next can you tell me about the problems in the white community with all the domestic abuse that happens constantly? Or is it just these thug negroes that really tan your hide?

Pitt Gorilla
01-14-2019, 04:30 PM
Of course they are, along with 29 or so other teams.Exactly. The Chiefs SHOULD be interested as well.

Warrick
01-14-2019, 04:34 PM
Bring him in for a look? :shrug:

KChiefs1
01-14-2019, 04:34 PM
I wonder if the Chiefs will give him a Super Bowl ring?

Jimkcchief88
01-16-2019, 08:04 AM
Huge article in yesterday’s Chicago Tribune staring Nagy has already contacted Kareem. Interesting. I was hoping the Chiefs might just resign Hunt during the off-season. Chiefs playing the Bears here at Soldier Field next season. I’m already saving $$$ for tickets.

WhawhaWhat
01-16-2019, 08:06 AM
How many times has Nagy said this?

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320423

TEX
01-16-2019, 08:54 AM
Makes total sense for the Bears.

EyePod
01-16-2019, 08:54 AM
Why the fuck would the Chiefs re-sign Kareem. He lied about what went down. They've proven that they're very willing to forgive if you work with them and are up front (Hill). Pulling this shit, lying to your coach, the owner, and your teammates is BS.

Plus Kareem got in trouble for punching a dude over the summer too. Good riddance. RB is one of the most replaceable positions in terms of value if you have a good oline. You can get 85% pretty easily.

BossChief
01-16-2019, 08:57 AM
He’s untouchable until the three investigations on him are done.

The first one carries a 6 game suspension that starts once it’s handed down...I don’t think there’s a “credit for time served” for time on exemption list.

The second occurrence carries a ban.

He has 3 pending situations with violence that may cause him to be out anywhere from half of next year to literally never playing again.

chiefzilla1501
01-16-2019, 08:59 AM
Hunt is going to make out like a bandit on this whole deal. Instead of spending 4 years running on a cheap rookie deal he is going to hit the regular FA market and get paid big. Nagy knows all about what Hunt can and can't do the Bears along with multiple other teams are going to be after Hunt.

The only way he gets screwed is if the league leaves him on the Commissioner's exception for another year.

He's not going to make out like a bandit. He'll lose quite a bit of money for lost time. He might make up for that on a quick "prove it" contract. Then if he shows good behavior, he will earn a long term deal that is way less than if he would have had his act together. I'm guessing the NFL will make it known that one more slip up no matter how small and he's gone indefinitely. Teams aren't going to give him a monster salary for that.

Chiefshrink
01-16-2019, 09:06 AM
That's crazy and unjust.

Think Ray Rice was unjustified ???

Jimkcchief88
01-16-2019, 09:06 AM
Why the **** would the Chiefs re-sign Kareem. He lied about what went down. They've proven that they're very willing to forgive if you work with them and are up front (Hill). Pulling this shit, lying to your coach, the owner, and your teammates is BS.

Plus Kareem got in trouble for punching a dude over the summer too. Good riddance. RB is one of the most replaceable positions in terms of value if you have a good oline. You can get 85% pretty easily.

Just a pipe dream I guess...Rather see him in a Bears uni than Raiders, Doncs...

TEX
01-16-2019, 09:07 AM
Good for him/them. Hope he gets a second chance somewhere.

Me as well. He's got to make some BIG TIME life - changes, but as long as he does that, I have no issues - Even in the highly unlikely event that he came back to the Chiefs.

Makes perfect sense for the Bears, and Eagles as well, because of the offensive similarities with the Chiefs. Makes sense for the other teams too because he is a very good RB.

Frazod
01-16-2019, 09:15 AM
Somebody left a copy of the Chicago Tribune sports page in the lunchroom. Front page is two editorials whining about the very notion of it.

I think it would funny if they signed him next year just for the PoundMeToo whine fest value.

Chiefshrink
01-16-2019, 09:15 AM
to literally never playing again.

This.

If there wasn't a video he would be playing. But unfortunately he has Ray Rice'd himself. Too graphic a video in a PC MeToo political environment and no way would Chicago Progressives accept this.

Hate to say this but he is permanent 'hot garbage' IMHO. I am all for 2nd chances but the PC MeToo culture of this country is not. And Goodell and the NFL definitely knows this.:shrug:

Jimkcchief88
01-16-2019, 09:17 AM
How many times has Nagy said this?

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320423

Well it was newsworthy enough to warrant full page sports section coverage including a picture and back page as well in the Chicago Tribune. I don’t have the “privileges” on CP to post the article maybe someone else around here can.

Best22
01-16-2019, 09:24 AM
Hunt never won a playoff game. He can continue that tradition in Oakland or Denver for all I care. He’s just an RB

Damien Williams is the Chiefs starting RB in the AFC Championship Game.

fan4ever
01-16-2019, 09:31 AM
Hunt was a beast and I'll never discount his importance but that being said, I've been very impressed to see how Williams sees openings and gaps and cuts back very effectively...very pleasantly surprised.

bowener
01-16-2019, 09:45 AM
Hunt was a beast and I'll never discount his importance but that being said, I've been very impressed to see how Williams sees openings and gaps and cuts back very effectively...very pleasantly surprised.

I think his overall speed is better for the Chiefs offense. Hunt wasn't a burner. He was great at yards after contact and I do miss watching that style of runner, but Williams' shiftiness and speed have been impressive, and he can still power his way for more yards.

Dr. Yu Weed Tard
01-16-2019, 09:51 AM
I think his overall speed is better for the Chiefs offense. Hunt wasn't a burner. He was great at yards after contact and I do miss watching that style of runner, but Williams' shiftiness and speed have been impressive, and he can still power his way for more yards.

Williams has a LeVeon Bell look to him, and it's not just because he wears #26...

Pitt Gorilla
01-16-2019, 09:59 AM
Hunt will be able to go wherever he wants. Only Clark's pride will keep him from being a Chief. Enjoy the payday, son.

Chiefshrink
01-16-2019, 10:05 AM

Quicker and better burst to the hole than Hunt.;)

Chiefshrink
01-16-2019, 10:07 AM
Hunt will be able to go wherever he wants.

Nope. He has Ray Rice'd himself. If there was no video you are correct.

ChiefGator
01-16-2019, 10:09 AM
This article is #fakenews. If you read the actual quotes, they are saying they wouldn't categorically rule him out, but would need to research it.

I bet the GM comes out and makes a correction repeating they aren't looking at Hunt.

ChiefGator
01-16-2019, 10:11 AM
I am all for 2nd chances but the PC MeToo culture of this country is not. And Goodell and the NFL definitely knows this.:shrug:

Well, he did have three separate incidents.. seems more like a trend than a one time thing.

scho63
01-16-2019, 10:15 AM
Q

threebag
01-16-2019, 10:15 AM

Videos as in multiple incidents. TMZ loves that crazy mofo

Aspengc8
01-16-2019, 10:17 AM
This.

If there wasn't a video he would be playing. But unfortunately he has Ray Rice'd himself. Too graphic a video in a PC MeToo political environment and no way would Chicago Progressives accept this.

Hate to say this but he is permanent 'hot garbage' IMHO. I am all for 2nd chances but the PC MeToo culture of this country is not. And Goodell and the NFL definitely knows this.:shrug:

I definitely think Hunt is done. They mentioned talking to Hunt as a 'feeler' to see how the press will react moss likely. They released someone a few years ago who also had a violence issue.. some DT, forget his name.

EyePod
01-16-2019, 10:22 AM

I think the video really wasn't that bad. Hunt was absolutely egged on by the girl, and he didn't deck her or anything.

BUT HE LIED ABOUT IT. To Hunt, to Andy, to his teammates. That's why he's gone.

EyePod
01-16-2019, 10:22 AM
Videos as in multiple incidents. TMZ loves that crazy mofo

Agreed, it's something that's consistent - he punched a dude at a pool last year too.

Yosef_Malkovitch
01-16-2019, 10:25 AM
This article is #fakenews. If you read the actual quotes, they are saying they wouldn't categorically rule him out, but would need to research it.

I bet the GM comes out and makes a correction repeating they aren't looking at Hunt.

You know, I kind of disagree. I think this is being circulated to warm the fans and the public up to the idea. That way everyone gets used to it, then when they pull the trigger it's not as much of a shock.

CrazyPhuD
01-16-2019, 11:21 AM
So the video was his audition tape to be the new Bears kicker? :spock: rochambeau

Shiver Me Timbers
01-16-2019, 11:47 AM
So the video was his audition tape to be the new Bears kicker? :spock: rochambeau

LOL

Valiant
01-16-2019, 01:09 PM

This is how I see it. His offense wasn't that bad. It was not spousal abuse. The girl egged it on just as much. I do hear about equal rights all the time. Some believe in equal lefts.

gblowfish
01-16-2019, 01:12 PM
Maybe they should make Mike Vick their QB coach, and let OJ coach the running backs?

Scorpion05
01-16-2019, 01:14 PM
Go to the NFC i don't give a ****.

This is extremely ironic, FYI. Maybe Tyreek shouldn't play this weekend?

This is a non-issue if he gets into an altercation with a guy

jaa1025
01-16-2019, 05:06 PM
I like Williams a lot but Hunt was an elite talent at the position and had great chemistry with this team. I understand why they cut him (lied to Chiefs) but damn it still hurts.

His punishment, in terms of the exempt list, definitely didn't fit the crime.

Chiefshrink
01-16-2019, 05:10 PM
Well, he did have three separate incidents.. seems more like a trend than a one time thing.

Oh most definitely BUT because there is a video that is very graphic he is toast.

Deberg_1990
01-16-2019, 05:21 PM
Maybe they should make Mike Vick their QB coach, and let OJ coach the running backs?

Rae Carruth WRs coach ?

htismaqe
01-16-2019, 05:27 PM
This is extremely ironic, FYI. Maybe Tyreek shouldn't play this weekend?

This is a non-issue if he gets into an altercation with a guy

It might also be a non-issue if it were just once. Or he wasn't a liar.